Boston's Elite Wedding Professionals

Welcome to Wedding Photography by 617 Weddings, a creative fusion of accomplished photographers, passionate about conveying your love story through their camera lens. Possessing exceptional technical skills and a commitment to artistic development.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

400 West Cummings Park, Woburn, MA Service Boston and all of New England (617) 765-0005

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Amanda B

I truly can not say enough about John LoConte of 617 Weddings! He was recommended by a family friend and I'm so happy that I chose him to capture our special day! After our initial meeting we set up an engagement session which both my husband and I were nervous about. My husband... Read More and I aren't crazy about taking a million pictures and John made us feel so relaxed and comfortable! The pictures were stunning and I knew our wedding day photos would be nothing short of amazing as well. After getting pictures taken I was dying to see them and was thrilled to find out I only had to wait about a week! I also think over the past 15 months I emailed John too many times to count and he responds to emails so quickly it's amazing!! I think I probably asked the same question a few too many times and he was always so respectful to my crazy emails!! My wedding day was perfect! John helped me pick a time to have a first look in which I was able to capture photos during the sunset. I could not be more pleased with the way my photos turned out! John is your guy for wedding photography, you absolutely won't regret it!

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Shannon H

We hired Heather Littlefield from 617 Weddings for photography for our October 8, 2016 wedding at Tuckerman Hall in Worcester, MA. We met Heather almost a year before the wedding while we were looking around for a photographer. She was very welcoming and personable. We discussed... Read More everything from the formal pictures and who would be in what shots to the venue and the timing of everything. We also discussed the style of photography we were interested in. Looking through some of her work it became apparent that her creative eye and the feel of her work was in line with what we wanted and we booked her! A few weeks before the wedding we reconnected with Heather and had another meeting to discuss details and to finalize the plan. It was a seamless experience and even though we hadn’t spoken in a few months, there was no confusion and nothing was left to chance. We were very pleased and did not feel any stress about how the pictures would turn out. Sure enough we were correct! The day of the wedding, Heather arrived on time and was able to get coverage of everything that was going on. We did a First Look that transitioned into the Formal pictures. The whole process was seamless and smooth in large part because of Heather, even when it began to drizzle she was able to adapt quickly and get beautiful pictures. During the Ceremony and Reception she captured not only all the big moments (walking down the aisle, wedding parties, ring exchanges, first kiss, first dance, etc), but so many small, candid moments that we surely would have missed. Heather has a unique eye and a wonderful perspective. My husband and I couldn’t be happier with the entire process and service that Heather and 617 Weddings provided that we would certainly recommend her to anyone getting married in the Boston area.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kathleen C

Bharat Parmar is the absolute BEST. We were lucky to have Bharat and his assistant as our photographers on our wedding day (7/16/16) at the Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor Hotel. Both gentlemen were completely professional and attentive. They made sure to take the time to fulfill... Read More all requests of the bride & groom including the most breathtaking sunset & skyline photos you've ever seen! All of the photos taken were absolutely divine and captured the moments you dream about on a day that you will remember forever. Bharat truly has an eye for beauty that is all encompassing and his work tells the couple's story from beginning to end. Thanks to Bharat and his team, my husband and I have a stunning wedding album that beautifully portrays the love we shared with each other and also the people closest to us on our wedding day. ~Kat & Chuck H.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Melissa F

How can you not love John LoConte?! He posted some amazing photos on Facebook less than 24 hours after our wedding! And we had our gallery emailed to us in less than one week!! He was able to catch amazing shots – with John you don’t need a second shooter! He’s literally... Read More everywhere all the time! He’s amazing and came up with great ideas for shots and helped keep me calm! I can’t say enough kind things about John and the entire 617 team!

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Jennifer A

John LoConte is the best! He was always prompt with responses via email or cell throughout the wedding planning process and could not have been more helpful. I was nervous about having picture taken of me and my now husband, all day long on the wedding day, and missing out on... Read More the cocktail hour and reception with friends, but John put my worries to rest. We were able to get most of our photos done before the wedding and we were only pulled out for short periods of time during the reception, while we got AMAZING shots at night in the rain. John really committed to the entire night.. he seamlessly moved in and around the dance floor with all of our friends and really captured the amazing sparkler last dance outside in the rain at the end of the night. To top it all off John had finished editing our photos within ONE week after the wedding. Can't say enough great things about John, I highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Alyssa D

We chose Jon LoConte per the recommendation of our wedding coordinator and our photos turned out wonderfully. He was very familiar with our venue (The Commons 1854) and he actually had several books just of our venue which really helped us make the choice to have him as our... Read More photographer. We got all our photos back very quickly and there were plenty to choose from! We were supposed to have a meeting prior to the wedding going over the photos we wanted, but that meeting never happened. We did feel rushed taking our pictures because we did not do a first look. Our photos were taken during the cocktail hour. We did not get all the photos we wanted because we were a bit rushed to then bustle my dress but I feel there was plenty of waiting time that we could have spent more time taking pictures. Also we missed out on some pictures at the end that we wanted, I think because we didn't have that meeting before the wedding he may have been more prepared (we spent extra to have him there the whole time specifically to get the photos at the end which he missed). We also filled out a questionnaire stating we wanted to take some pictures outside at night but we never got to take those photos either.

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Amanda G

We were so happy that we chose to work with John LoConte from 617 weddings for our wedding at Church Landing at Mill Falls! John was so fun and easy to work with for our engagement shoot and wedding day! He really helped guide us through the whole wedding day which was such a... Read More relieve! We decided to go through 617 Weddings for our DJ, photographer & videographer which I highlight recommend doing! They all knew each other's styles so well so it was so easy to work with all of them together and we got some really great pictures because of it! John knew exactly when he would get a great group shot based on Jimmie (our DJs) style! John is really talented and captured our day with so many different style pictures to choose from! I highly recommend him & 617 weddings!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Alexandria W

Choosing John LoConte to capture our special day was not only the first but hands down one of the easiest and best decisions we made for our wedding. From the initial emails and meeting, to the actual wedding day and after he was truly a pleasure to work with. Not only was John... Read More extremely professional, he had and my husband, along with the bridal party and family all laughing. His sense of humor and lightheartedness helped make what can be a stressful anxiety filled time the exact opposite. He made us all feel so comfortable -- including our dog, sometimes we forgot he was even there. On our one week anniversary while we were still on our honeymoon we received our digital images from John. Upon arriving home, the very next day our flash drive was already waiting for us! Such a great way to come back from our honeymoon, we had so much fun looking at all the amazing pictures and reliving the entire day. We cannot thank you enough for capturing amazing images that we will cherish for a life time. We highly recommend hiring John and 617 Photography, you won't regret it.

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Lauren R

We had John LoConte from 617 Wedding be our photographer for our June wedding at Teresa's Function Facilities in North Reading for our wedding and I can't imagine having a different photographer for our wedding. John did our engagement pictures last June where we also brought... Read More our dog. I was a little apprehensive bringing our dog to our engagement session but John treated him like he was his own dog and we got some really amazing shots with our dog because of John. Next was the wedding, I think I could only tell John was at the wedding maybe once, he was never in the way, even guests had mentioned how great it was that the photographer never got in the way of anything and he wasn't hounding people. They told me it was so refreshing to see that at a wedding. We received our pictures literally a week after, all of them. They came out better than I expected. You always are nervous you didn't capture something or you're not going to like them. I can honestly say, that we are in love with every single picture. Every single picture John captured, you could see how much fun people were having and how happy me and my husband and everyone else was that day. Not only is John an amazing photographer but he is the sweetest person as well, so it was super easy to work with him. John we can't thank you enough! I hope we can work with you some day in the future!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Amanda G

Well, I don't even know where to begin! John LoConte, you made our wedding day the most special day. Having seen your work at several of our friends weddings made our experience that much better. It was a pleasure getting to know you and it was an honor to have you there to... Read More capture our day. From our engagement session to wedding photos, we are over the moon. Also thank you to Jenni for jumping on last minute to be our second shooter! We could not recommend 617 Weddings enough- you will not be disappointed. Thank you for everything John and Jenni!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Anna L

1 WEEK. That was the turnover time for our wedding photos. Roland Silva of 617 Weddings is the best!!! He is so fast and efficient- able to tell us how to pose and capture 10 photos a minute. We were running late and strapped for time and we were able to get a good amount of... Read More shots in 30-40 minutes for our first look. SO happy with the quality for the price. He even stayed 10-15 min overtime for us because there was a few more photos we wanted to capture. He is seriously the best!!!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Kristina S

Russell was AMAZING - he captured it all!

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Caitlin H

We were so happy with our decision to hire John LoConte as our Wedding Photographer. He was amazing to work with and did an incredible job with our photos. He even had the final images over to us with in one week. Since I was so anxious to see them, this was entirely... Read More helpful! Our reception was at the Beauport Hotel on the water, and the photos on the beach were better than we could’ve hoped for. I had to upgrade to a larger album because there were too many photos to choose. We highly recommend John for your special day!! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Suzanne D

Picking John LoConte as our photographer was an easy choice! Lucky for me I had already been in 2 weddings he had photographed and I knew I loved his pictures. Not only is he very professional and talented but he's also very accommodating and so easy to work with. We were a... Read More little bit nontraditional and chose to not have a wedding party. He was so great to get lots of pictures with our friends which was very important to us since we didn't have the usual set up. He captured amazing moments from our wedding at the Ipswich Country Club and I am so grateful to have these photos forever. The day and night go by so fast and there's nothing more valuable than knowing you have someone you can trust to capture the moments when you are so busy. He also got the most amazing pictures around the grounds of the country club, they are absolutely stunning! I couldn't recommend John more! 617 weddings has always been a group of wedding professionals that my friends and I love for all the amazing talents they offer! Thank you to John and 617 weddings for helping make our wedding day the best day!

Reviewed on 5/06/2017 Jennifer J

We used 617 Photography for our March wedding at Barn at Gibbet Hill & could not have been happier! John LoConte was an absolute pleasure to work with. He makes you feel very at easy & his style was exactly what we were working for. All of our posed photographs were done... Read More before the wedding - which meant we could enjoy the entire cocktail hour & visit with the guests. The photographs turned out great & he had a very quick turn around time. Always so fun to see the teasers the next day! I would highly recommend 617 & specifically John to anyone!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Jordan M

Back at the very beginning of wedding planning, the ONE THING I knew I couldn’t live without on my wedding day was having John LoConte there to photograph it (besides my groom by my side of course!) We were flexible about “the when” so we essentially picked our wedding day at... Read More Ipswich Country Club based on his availability….guys, he’s THAT good! I’ve known him for a while as I’ve worked with him on a professional level but more importantly I knew I wanted him there as a friend. John isn’t just an amazing photographer but an amazing friend and somebody I knew I would enjoy spending a good portion of our wedding day with. You’ve got to gel with your photographer and the way he makes you so comfortable in front of a camera is truly incredible. He was so efficient when it came to taking our family portraits and wedding party photos during cocktail hour that we still had SO MUCH TIME to take other fun shots of just the groom and I! It really is outstanding how he takes so many pictures throughout the night and you don’t even notice them being taken. His artistic eye is unmatched in the industry and we got our photos back so quickly! We were still on our honeymoon when that glorious email came in saying they were ready and what fun we had looking through them all, seeing the day playback through pictures and every single one was beautiful! John, thank you, for your amazing skill, your incredible professionalism, and also your kindness when it came to making suggestions and answering our questions. You truly are one of a kind and we are so glad we were able to share our day with you and that you were able to document our day so beautifully! We can’t thank you enough for all that you do, and can’t wait to have another opportunity to work with you again soon!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Alycia A

John did our engagement shoot, and John (and Russell for video!) did my best friend's wedding in September, so by the time our wedding came around it felt like an old friend was coming to hang out! John is kind and professional, makes you feel comfortable the entire time, and... Read More his pictures are unbelievable. We had a second shooter, Amy, and can't recommend this enough. She was my cheerleader throughout the day and captured so many little details of the day. John's style keeps everything moving, never standing still or posing for too long. It's a great experience for the entire bridal party! The amount and quality of the pictures is incredible, a beautiful blend of formal shots, silly candid shots, and beautiful artistic details. Our pictures were back within a WEEK! We got to view our amazing wedding pictures while relaxing on the beach during our honeymoon. We used 617 for photo, video and DJ and can't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Vanessa R

When we began looking for a photographer for our wedding we wanted someone who would be able to capture the moments naturally. John did just that – he was able to capture all aspects of our special day unobtrusively and effortlessly. When we first visited the 617 offices, we saw... Read More the snow picture that John had taken a few years ago and my heart was set on getting a snow picture. John was able to capture (with a little help from Mother Nature!) the most beautiful picture of Eric and I in the snow that completely embodied our entire magical wedding day. We will have these images to treasure for the years to come. More importantly, John is such a charismatic and fun guy to be around – he truly loves what he does and it shows in the photos he takes. On the business side of things, he was so easy to communicate with, extremely responsive and professional. Moreover, his turnaround time is awesome! He sent us the link to view our proofs about a week and a half after our wedding - talk about fast! We can’t wait to receive the canvas print! Thank you so much for everything John!

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Nicole K

My husband and I chose to have John LoConte, from 617 Weddings, to photograph our wedding at the Cruiseport Gloucester on NYE. I can't say enough good things about John! During the entire planning process he answered all my questions almost immediately. John did the work of two... Read More photographers for sure! He got every shot and never missed beat. I am so happy with all of my pictures and to have John part of our big day!! He was so much fun to work with and his photos are the best around!! The turn around time for my proofs was unbelievably quick! I would give him 5+ stars if I could! Highly recommend!!! 617 Weddings is THE BEST!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Bianca B

When it came to choosing John LoConte from 617 Weddings for our big day it was a no brainer. His pictures and the moments he captures are both beautiful and priceless. From the very first meeting he put us at ease. He is such a genuine person and we knew he would take good... Read More care of us. He worked with us to pick the package that was right for us and was FLEXIBLE - he knew it was our day and he just wanted to help us get what we wanted out of it. As far as the day of - I can't say enough about him. He is such a calming presence on what is a very busy day and is extremely easy going. He went with the flow of our day and just went to work! He did an amazing job of handling our time and working with our coordinator and Cruiseport Gloucester to ensure we got the shots we needed running on a very tight timeline! Throughout the evening I barely even noticed him (meant as a good thing!!). He was not intrusive at all, yet when we got our pictures back he captured EVERY MOMENT PERFECTLY. Lastly, his turn around cannot be beat! We had preview photos the next day, and then all of our re-touched images a week later! This was during the busy holiday season as well, but he stuck to his word and gave us the best Christmas present we could've asked for! I can't say enough, or give enough praise, for John LoConte.

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Megan S

John LoConte with 617 Weddings is such an amazing photographer and we could not have been happier with him for our wedding at the Boston Park Plaza! First, John was such a delight to work with. He is extremely pleasant, easy to communicate with, and always responds promptly.... Read More Second, he is an expert photographer. He creates beautiful photos using light, color, and perspective. For our engagement session and our wedding photos we trusted him to tell us where to go and how to pose; he has such extensive knowledge and talent. He is also very efficient which was much appreciated on our wedding day with multiple people outside in colder weather. He is flexible and was willing to incorporate poses or pictures we wanted. He also takes really great candid photos which was a great addition to our wedding albums. I hope we get a chance to work with him again in the future!

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Mathew O

When planning for our wedding, my wife and I were skeptical of having just anyone be a vendor for us. We like to have fun, but know when to be serious, and those traits exemplify John LoConte! From our first meeting, he was nothing but a pleasure to work with. His photography... Read More portfolio, which is on display at the main office, was great. He definitely has a keen eye for his craft and knows how to get the right photo, regardless of the situation. We did not need the engagement shoot, and he offered to roll that time over into extra coverage during the wedding. We were so grateful for that because we wanted shots of us getting ready beforehand, and my wife and I were in two separate cities. In terms of his visibility during the ceremony and the reception, the man is over six feet tall, but must have some sort of invisibility cloak. We hardly noticed him except for the planned shots. He had us write down a list of family/friend shots that we wanted ahead of time, and we were able to take the majority of them prior to guests arriving. The rest he was able to knock out during the first 15-20 minutes of the cocktail hour. We were so ecstatic about that because it gave us time to mingle with our guests, which meant that we were both able to actually sit down to have dinner since we saw everybody by the time dinner was served to us. In terms of working with the videographer, Franco Valverde, also of 617 Weddings, they worked seamlessly together. We have not received the video yet (just a statement, not a gripe by any means), but when looking through the photos that John touched up for us, 383 to be exact, I can't remember Franco being in any of them. They are a great team, and they both knew where to position themselves in order to get the best shot for themselves and, more importantly, not interfere with the others' shot. If you want someone serious, and also seriously fun, then John LoConte is the right photographer for you. My wife and I couldn't be happier, especially since we got our photos while we were on our honeymoon, less than a week after the wedding!!

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Mathew O

Reviewed on 1/04/2017

John LoConte at 617 weddings did an amazing job capturing every moment of our small ceremony at the Bancroft in Burlingon, MA. John is professional, calm, organized and kind. He responds to emails promptly and we received our pictures ahead of the expected date. Everyone that... Read More looks at our pictures say they are some of the best they have seen!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Adrianna A

I booked John LoConte as my wedding photographer because one my friends had used him for her wedding. The first time I met him, I thought he was great but it was his humor and artistic style that sold me. I work in the wedding business and have worked with many of the area’s... Read More best photographers. What I liked about John was that he was a little different. He was always there to get the best shots without being intrusive. We used him for our engagement shoot and my fiancé loved him as well. We joked and laughed the entire time and you can tell in our photos. He captured some fantastic candid photos which aren’t always the easiest to get. Leading up the wedding, we spoke many times about the timeline and the flow of the day and John made sure it was executed perfectly. Day of, he took charge of the bridal party and ensured that they we were on time and that everything was going according to plan. The best part about working with John was the turnaround time on the photo gallery and albums. We received a few photos the day after the wedding and the rest while we were on our honeymoon. It was great to be able to look at them while we were still away. Ordering the albums couldn’t have been easier. All I had to do was send John the numbers and then he sent me a proof for the final product and then we received it about two weeks later. Our photos came out perfect and I know that we will treasure them forever!

Meet The Manager

John LoConte

Our Photography Team is Led by John LoConte {JohnLo}. John is a wedding photographer because he truly loves capturing emotion. The kindness, happiness and Love that surrounds your entire day. John was lucky enough to get a peek into the event business at a young age due to his father being a successful Boston area Disc Jockey. His style tends to take a more natural/candid approach. This allows you to enjoy your entire wedding day with family and friends with the peace of mind that his photographs are telling your story.