Boston's Elite Wedding Professionals

Welcome to Wedding Photography by 617 Weddings, a creative fusion of accomplished photographers, passionate about conveying your love story through their camera lens. Possessing exceptional technical skills and a commitment to artistic development.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100
9f08a459 f4b9 433a 96a4 cf8bc9e1b3dd~rs 100
Fe7719fa d8df 43f7 b18c 942ee8fef3e2~rs 100
Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100

400 West Cummings Park, Woburn, MA Service Boston and all of New England (617) 765-0005

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Amanda B

I truly can not say enough about John LoConte of 617 Weddings! He was recommended by a family friend and I'm so happy that I chose him to capture our special day! After our initial meeting we set up an engagement session which both my husband and I were nervous about. My husband... Read More and I aren't crazy about taking a million pictures and John made us feel so relaxed and comfortable! The pictures were stunning and I knew our wedding day photos would be nothing short of amazing as well. After getting pictures taken I was dying to see them and was thrilled to find out I only had to wait about a week! I also think over the past 15 months I emailed John too many times to count and he responds to emails so quickly it's amazing!! I think I probably asked the same question a few too many times and he was always so respectful to my crazy emails!! My wedding day was perfect! John helped me pick a time to have a first look in which I was able to capture photos during the sunset. I could not be more pleased with the way my photos turned out! John is your guy for wedding photography, you absolutely won't regret it!

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Shannon H

We hired Heather Littlefield from 617 Weddings for photography for our October 8, 2016 wedding at Tuckerman Hall in Worcester, MA. We met Heather almost a year before the wedding while we were looking around for a photographer. She was very welcoming and personable. We discussed... Read More everything from the formal pictures and who would be in what shots to the venue and the timing of everything. We also discussed the style of photography we were interested in. Looking through some of her work it became apparent that her creative eye and the feel of her work was in line with what we wanted and we booked her! A few weeks before the wedding we reconnected with Heather and had another meeting to discuss details and to finalize the plan. It was a seamless experience and even though we hadn’t spoken in a few months, there was no confusion and nothing was left to chance. We were very pleased and did not feel any stress about how the pictures would turn out. Sure enough we were correct! The day of the wedding, Heather arrived on time and was able to get coverage of everything that was going on. We did a First Look that transitioned into the Formal pictures. The whole process was seamless and smooth in large part because of Heather, even when it began to drizzle she was able to adapt quickly and get beautiful pictures. During the Ceremony and Reception she captured not only all the big moments (walking down the aisle, wedding parties, ring exchanges, first kiss, first dance, etc), but so many small, candid moments that we surely would have missed. Heather has a unique eye and a wonderful perspective. My husband and I couldn’t be happier with the entire process and service that Heather and 617 Weddings provided that we would certainly recommend her to anyone getting married in the Boston area.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kathleen C

Bharat Parmar is the absolute BEST. We were lucky to have Bharat and his assistant as our photographers on our wedding day (7/16/16) at the Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor Hotel. Both gentlemen were completely professional and attentive. They made sure to take the time to fulfill... Read More all requests of the bride & groom including the most breathtaking sunset & skyline photos you've ever seen! All of the photos taken were absolutely divine and captured the moments you dream about on a day that you will remember forever. Bharat truly has an eye for beauty that is all encompassing and his work tells the couple's story from beginning to end. Thanks to Bharat and his team, my husband and I have a stunning wedding album that beautifully portrays the love we shared with each other and also the people closest to us on our wedding day. ~Kat & Chuck H.

Reviewed on 12/15/2017 Tania G

John LoConte was the photographer for my wedding in September. I loved the artistry he showed in his portfolio. Communication was a breeze. We chose email due to my husband and my crazy schedules. Email was great until recently where there was a glitch somewhere and my emails... Read More weren’t getting sent. As soon as they would send, John replied promptly. John was so flexible in the planning process and during photo opportunities. Our engagement session was at a park and a bowling alley and John didn’t mind doing both. He also thought of some creative perspectives for the photos. Our wedding went off without any hiccups. Our bridal party felt so comfortable with John. Our photos came out amazing! The way John plays with lighting and demensions makes his photos stand out. We just received our album and the quality is top notch. I would highly recommend John for his artistry , flexibility, and easy-going nature.

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Beth P

Roland took our engagement and wedding pictures. I could not have asked for a better photographer! He is AMAZING. He tolerated the awkward engagement photos, and was so patient with our huge wedding party during the formal pictures. Our pictures came out gorgeous can not wait to... Read More see the album!! We also had Russell from 617 Weddings as our videographer. Russell and Roland could not make a better team. I was thrilled to have them both be a part of our day.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Erica R

Bharat is simply amazing. I can't even explain how much I love every single photo he took. He is very professional and easy to work with. He is so creative and captured the most memorable photos! If you want your wedding day to be captured like no other, choose Bharat!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Cassie M

617 Wedding photographers are world class! We originally booked John LoConte as our photographer and he was extremely prompt in answering, had great ideas and recommendations and was a pleasure to work with. When some serious life/health problems arose and John was unable to... Read More commit to photographing our wedding (about 5 days before the wedding!). He was extremely prompt and apologetic and couldn't be more upset with himself that he was unable to fulfill his commitment (we completely understood and did not blame him in the slightest for not being able to fulfill the job!). John made sure to replace himself with one of the other 617 wedding photographers - Amy Baione . Now, no ill-wishes to John, but Amy was INCREDIBLE. And in the end, I'm so so happy she ended up our photographer. She's fun, energetic, and clearly loves what she does. She would get so excited about some of the shots - which in turn made up very excited. She was absolutely phenomenal. We've only seen some sneak peaks of the photos - but everything I've seen has been AMAZING. I work with photographers all the time as part of my job - and Amy ranks among the best, if not THE best. She was an absolute pleasure to work with and I'm so happy we chose 617 weddings to be our photographer.

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Shannon L

We used John LoConte for our wedding and he was amazing! He was professional and efficient. So happy that we chose him and 617 Weddings!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Brittany R

After researching photographers for a few weeks, I kept coming across photos that I thought were the perfect style, exactly what I was looking for and each time they were the work of John LoConte! I found that John had joined 617 Weddings which was also the company we had used... Read More for our DJ. After a short meeting I knew John was going to be the perfect photographer for us. So kind, calming, and sincere and affordable compared to many of his competitors! John did an amazing job on both our engagement and wedding photos. He captured so many beautiful moments and we received so many compliments from our family and friends on the proofs. John did a great job of blending into the day, in fact I hardly ever remember seeing him during the ceremony; none of that in your face flash stuff. I can't say enough good things about John, book him now!!!!

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Brooke B

John is the absolute best!! He is so enjoyable to be around, he will make you laugh and keep the mood light with his awesome personality. He made the whole process so easy. His work exceeded our expectations. John has a true natural talent for photography and was able to capture... Read More every special moment that meant the world to us!! Choosing John was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! He's amazing!!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Melissa F

How can you not love John LoConte?! He posted some amazing photos on Facebook less than 24 hours after our wedding! And we had our gallery emailed to us in less than one week!! He was able to catch amazing shots – with John you don’t need a second shooter! He’s literally... Read More everywhere all the time! He’s amazing and came up with great ideas for shots and helped keep me calm! I can’t say enough kind things about John and the entire 617 team!

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Jennifer A

John LoConte is the best! He was always prompt with responses via email or cell throughout the wedding planning process and could not have been more helpful. I was nervous about having picture taken of me and my now husband, all day long on the wedding day, and missing out on... Read More the cocktail hour and reception with friends, but John put my worries to rest. We were able to get most of our photos done before the wedding and we were only pulled out for short periods of time during the reception, while we got AMAZING shots at night in the rain. John really committed to the entire night.. he seamlessly moved in and around the dance floor with all of our friends and really captured the amazing sparkler last dance outside in the rain at the end of the night. To top it all off John had finished editing our photos within ONE week after the wedding. Can't say enough great things about John, I highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Alyssa D

We chose Jon LoConte per the recommendation of our wedding coordinator and our photos turned out wonderfully. He was very familiar with our venue (The Commons 1854) and he actually had several books just of our venue which really helped us make the choice to have him as our... Read More photographer. We got all our photos back very quickly and there were plenty to choose from! We were supposed to have a meeting prior to the wedding going over the photos we wanted, but that meeting never happened. We did feel rushed taking our pictures because we did not do a first look. Our photos were taken during the cocktail hour. We did not get all the photos we wanted because we were a bit rushed to then bustle my dress but I feel there was plenty of waiting time that we could have spent more time taking pictures. Also we missed out on some pictures at the end that we wanted, I think because we didn't have that meeting before the wedding he may have been more prepared (we spent extra to have him there the whole time specifically to get the photos at the end which he missed). We also filled out a questionnaire stating we wanted to take some pictures outside at night but we never got to take those photos either.

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Amanda G

We were so happy that we chose to work with John LoConte from 617 weddings for our wedding at Church Landing at Mill Falls! John was so fun and easy to work with for our engagement shoot and wedding day! He really helped guide us through the whole wedding day which was such a... Read More relieve! We decided to go through 617 Weddings for our DJ, photographer & videographer which I highlight recommend doing! They all knew each other's styles so well so it was so easy to work with all of them together and we got some really great pictures because of it! John knew exactly when he would get a great group shot based on Jimmie (our DJs) style! John is really talented and captured our day with so many different style pictures to choose from! I highly recommend him & 617 weddings!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Alexandria W

Choosing John LoConte to capture our special day was not only the first but hands down one of the easiest and best decisions we made for our wedding. From the initial emails and meeting, to the actual wedding day and after he was truly a pleasure to work with. Not only was John... Read More extremely professional, he had and my husband, along with the bridal party and family all laughing. His sense of humor and lightheartedness helped make what can be a stressful anxiety filled time the exact opposite. He made us all feel so comfortable -- including our dog, sometimes we forgot he was even there. On our one week anniversary while we were still on our honeymoon we received our digital images from John. Upon arriving home, the very next day our flash drive was already waiting for us! Such a great way to come back from our honeymoon, we had so much fun looking at all the amazing pictures and reliving the entire day. We cannot thank you enough for capturing amazing images that we will cherish for a life time. We highly recommend hiring John and 617 Photography, you won't regret it.

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Lauren R

We had John LoConte from 617 Wedding be our photographer for our June wedding at Teresa's Function Facilities in North Reading for our wedding and I can't imagine having a different photographer for our wedding. John did our engagement pictures last June where we also brought... Read More our dog. I was a little apprehensive bringing our dog to our engagement session but John treated him like he was his own dog and we got some really amazing shots with our dog because of John. Next was the wedding, I think I could only tell John was at the wedding maybe once, he was never in the way, even guests had mentioned how great it was that the photographer never got in the way of anything and he wasn't hounding people. They told me it was so refreshing to see that at a wedding. We received our pictures literally a week after, all of them. They came out better than I expected. You always are nervous you didn't capture something or you're not going to like them. I can honestly say, that we are in love with every single picture. Every single picture John captured, you could see how much fun people were having and how happy me and my husband and everyone else was that day. Not only is John an amazing photographer but he is the sweetest person as well, so it was super easy to work with him. John we can't thank you enough! I hope we can work with you some day in the future!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Amanda G

Well, I don't even know where to begin! John LoConte, you made our wedding day the most special day. Having seen your work at several of our friends weddings made our experience that much better. It was a pleasure getting to know you and it was an honor to have you there to... Read More capture our day. From our engagement session to wedding photos, we are over the moon. Also thank you to Jenni for jumping on last minute to be our second shooter! We could not recommend 617 Weddings enough- you will not be disappointed. Thank you for everything John and Jenni!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Anna L

1 WEEK. That was the turnover time for our wedding photos. Roland Silva of 617 Weddings is the best!!! He is so fast and efficient- able to tell us how to pose and capture 10 photos a minute. We were running late and strapped for time and we were able to get a good amount of... Read More shots in 30-40 minutes for our first look. SO happy with the quality for the price. He even stayed 10-15 min overtime for us because there was a few more photos we wanted to capture. He is seriously the best!!!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Kristina S

Russell was AMAZING - he captured it all!

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Caitlin H

We were so happy with our decision to hire John LoConte as our Wedding Photographer. He was amazing to work with and did an incredible job with our photos. He even had the final images over to us with in one week. Since I was so anxious to see them, this was entirely... Read More helpful! Our reception was at the Beauport Hotel on the water, and the photos on the beach were better than we could’ve hoped for. I had to upgrade to a larger album because there were too many photos to choose. We highly recommend John for your special day!! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Suzanne D

Picking John LoConte as our photographer was an easy choice! Lucky for me I had already been in 2 weddings he had photographed and I knew I loved his pictures. Not only is he very professional and talented but he's also very accommodating and so easy to work with. We were a... Read More little bit nontraditional and chose to not have a wedding party. He was so great to get lots of pictures with our friends which was very important to us since we didn't have the usual set up. He captured amazing moments from our wedding at the Ipswich Country Club and I am so grateful to have these photos forever. The day and night go by so fast and there's nothing more valuable than knowing you have someone you can trust to capture the moments when you are so busy. He also got the most amazing pictures around the grounds of the country club, they are absolutely stunning! I couldn't recommend John more! 617 weddings has always been a group of wedding professionals that my friends and I love for all the amazing talents they offer! Thank you to John and 617 weddings for helping make our wedding day the best day!

Reviewed on 5/06/2017 Jennifer J

We used 617 Photography for our March wedding at Barn at Gibbet Hill & could not have been happier! John LoConte was an absolute pleasure to work with. He makes you feel very at easy & his style was exactly what we were working for. All of our posed photographs were done... Read More before the wedding - which meant we could enjoy the entire cocktail hour & visit with the guests. The photographs turned out great & he had a very quick turn around time. Always so fun to see the teasers the next day! I would highly recommend 617 & specifically John to anyone!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Jordan M

Back at the very beginning of wedding planning, the ONE THING I knew I couldn’t live without on my wedding day was having John LoConte there to photograph it (besides my groom by my side of course!) We were flexible about “the when” so we essentially picked our wedding day at... Read More Ipswich Country Club based on his availability….guys, he’s THAT good! I’ve known him for a while as I’ve worked with him on a professional level but more importantly I knew I wanted him there as a friend. John isn’t just an amazing photographer but an amazing friend and somebody I knew I would enjoy spending a good portion of our wedding day with. You’ve got to gel with your photographer and the way he makes you so comfortable in front of a camera is truly incredible. He was so efficient when it came to taking our family portraits and wedding party photos during cocktail hour that we still had SO MUCH TIME to take other fun shots of just the groom and I! It really is outstanding how he takes so many pictures throughout the night and you don’t even notice them being taken. His artistic eye is unmatched in the industry and we got our photos back so quickly! We were still on our honeymoon when that glorious email came in saying they were ready and what fun we had looking through them all, seeing the day playback through pictures and every single one was beautiful! John, thank you, for your amazing skill, your incredible professionalism, and also your kindness when it came to making suggestions and answering our questions. You truly are one of a kind and we are so glad we were able to share our day with you and that you were able to document our day so beautifully! We can’t thank you enough for all that you do, and can’t wait to have another opportunity to work with you again soon!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Alycia A

John did our engagement shoot, and John (and Russell for video!) did my best friend's wedding in September, so by the time our wedding came around it felt like an old friend was coming to hang out! John is kind and professional, makes you feel comfortable the entire time, and... Read More his pictures are unbelievable. We had a second shooter, Amy, and can't recommend this enough. She was my cheerleader throughout the day and captured so many little details of the day. John's style keeps everything moving, never standing still or posing for too long. It's a great experience for the entire bridal party! The amount and quality of the pictures is incredible, a beautiful blend of formal shots, silly candid shots, and beautiful artistic details. Our pictures were back within a WEEK! We got to view our amazing wedding pictures while relaxing on the beach during our honeymoon. We used 617 for photo, video and DJ and can't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Vanessa R

When we began looking for a photographer for our wedding we wanted someone who would be able to capture the moments naturally. John did just that – he was able to capture all aspects of our special day unobtrusively and effortlessly. When we first visited the 617 offices, we saw... Read More the snow picture that John had taken a few years ago and my heart was set on getting a snow picture. John was able to capture (with a little help from Mother Nature!) the most beautiful picture of Eric and I in the snow that completely embodied our entire magical wedding day. We will have these images to treasure for the years to come. More importantly, John is such a charismatic and fun guy to be around – he truly loves what he does and it shows in the photos he takes. On the business side of things, he was so easy to communicate with, extremely responsive and professional. Moreover, his turnaround time is awesome! He sent us the link to view our proofs about a week and a half after our wedding - talk about fast! We can’t wait to receive the canvas print! Thank you so much for everything John!

Meet The Manager

John LoConte

Our Photography Team is Led by John LoConte {JohnLo}. John is a wedding photographer because he truly loves capturing emotion. The kindness, happiness and Love that surrounds your entire day. John was lucky enough to get a peek into the event business at a young age due to his father being a successful Boston area Disc Jockey. His style tends to take a more natural/candid approach. This allows you to enjoy your entire wedding day with family and friends with the peace of mind that his photographs are telling your story.