Boston's Elite Wedding Professionals

Welcome to Wedding Photography by 617 Weddings, a creative fusion of accomplished photographers, passionate about conveying your love story through their camera lens. Possessing exceptional technical skills and a commitment to artistic development.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

400 West Cummings Park, Woburn, MA Service Boston and all of New England (617) 765-0005

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Amanda B

I truly can not say enough about John LoConte of 617 Weddings! He was recommended by a family friend and I'm so happy that I chose him to capture our special day! After our initial meeting we set up an engagement session which both my husband and I were nervous about. My husband... Read More and I aren't crazy about taking a million pictures and John made us feel so relaxed and comfortable! The pictures were stunning and I knew our wedding day photos would be nothing short of amazing as well. After getting pictures taken I was dying to see them and was thrilled to find out I only had to wait about a week! I also think over the past 15 months I emailed John too many times to count and he responds to emails so quickly it's amazing!! I think I probably asked the same question a few too many times and he was always so respectful to my crazy emails!! My wedding day was perfect! John helped me pick a time to have a first look in which I was able to capture photos during the sunset. I could not be more pleased with the way my photos turned out! John is your guy for wedding photography, you absolutely won't regret it!

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Shannon H

We hired Heather Littlefield from 617 Weddings for photography for our October 8, 2016 wedding at Tuckerman Hall in Worcester, MA. We met Heather almost a year before the wedding while we were looking around for a photographer. She was very welcoming and personable. We discussed... Read More everything from the formal pictures and who would be in what shots to the venue and the timing of everything. We also discussed the style of photography we were interested in. Looking through some of her work it became apparent that her creative eye and the feel of her work was in line with what we wanted and we booked her! A few weeks before the wedding we reconnected with Heather and had another meeting to discuss details and to finalize the plan. It was a seamless experience and even though we hadn’t spoken in a few months, there was no confusion and nothing was left to chance. We were very pleased and did not feel any stress about how the pictures would turn out. Sure enough we were correct! The day of the wedding, Heather arrived on time and was able to get coverage of everything that was going on. We did a First Look that transitioned into the Formal pictures. The whole process was seamless and smooth in large part because of Heather, even when it began to drizzle she was able to adapt quickly and get beautiful pictures. During the Ceremony and Reception she captured not only all the big moments (walking down the aisle, wedding parties, ring exchanges, first kiss, first dance, etc), but so many small, candid moments that we surely would have missed. Heather has a unique eye and a wonderful perspective. My husband and I couldn’t be happier with the entire process and service that Heather and 617 Weddings provided that we would certainly recommend her to anyone getting married in the Boston area.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kathleen C

Bharat Parmar is the absolute BEST. We were lucky to have Bharat and his assistant as our photographers on our wedding day (7/16/16) at the Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor Hotel. Both gentlemen were completely professional and attentive. They made sure to take the time to fulfill... Read More all requests of the bride & groom including the most breathtaking sunset & skyline photos you've ever seen! All of the photos taken were absolutely divine and captured the moments you dream about on a day that you will remember forever. Bharat truly has an eye for beauty that is all encompassing and his work tells the couple's story from beginning to end. Thanks to Bharat and his team, my husband and I have a stunning wedding album that beautifully portrays the love we shared with each other and also the people closest to us on our wedding day. ~Kat & Chuck H.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Anna L

1 WEEK. That was the turnover time for our wedding photos. Roland Silva of 617 Weddings is the best!!! He is so fast and efficient- able to tell us how to pose and capture 10 photos a minute. We were running late and strapped for time and we were able to get a good amount of... Read More shots in 30-40 minutes for our first look. SO happy with the quality for the price. He even stayed 10-15 min overtime for us because there was a few more photos we wanted to capture. He is seriously the best!!!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Kristina S

Russell was AMAZING - he captured it all!

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Caitlin H

We were so happy with our decision to hire John LoConte as our Wedding Photographer. He was amazing to work with and did an incredible job with our photos. He even had the final images over to us with in one week. Since I was so anxious to see them, this was entirely... Read More helpful! Our reception was at the Beauport Hotel on the water, and the photos on the beach were better than we could’ve hoped for. I had to upgrade to a larger album because there were too many photos to choose. We highly recommend John for your special day!! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Suzanne D

Picking John LoConte as our photographer was an easy choice! Lucky for me I had already been in 2 weddings he had photographed and I knew I loved his pictures. Not only is he very professional and talented but he's also very accommodating and so easy to work with. We were a... Read More little bit nontraditional and chose to not have a wedding party. He was so great to get lots of pictures with our friends which was very important to us since we didn't have the usual set up. He captured amazing moments from our wedding at the Ipswich Country Club and I am so grateful to have these photos forever. The day and night go by so fast and there's nothing more valuable than knowing you have someone you can trust to capture the moments when you are so busy. He also got the most amazing pictures around the grounds of the country club, they are absolutely stunning! I couldn't recommend John more! 617 weddings has always been a group of wedding professionals that my friends and I love for all the amazing talents they offer! Thank you to John and 617 weddings for helping make our wedding day the best day!

Reviewed on 5/06/2017 Jennifer J

We used 617 Photography for our March wedding at Barn at Gibbet Hill & could not have been happier! John LoConte was an absolute pleasure to work with. He makes you feel very at easy & his style was exactly what we were working for. All of our posed photographs were done... Read More before the wedding - which meant we could enjoy the entire cocktail hour & visit with the guests. The photographs turned out great & he had a very quick turn around time. Always so fun to see the teasers the next day! I would highly recommend 617 & specifically John to anyone!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Jordan M

Back at the very beginning of wedding planning, the ONE THING I knew I couldn’t live without on my wedding day was having John LoConte there to photograph it (besides my groom by my side of course!) We were flexible about “the when” so we essentially picked our wedding day at... Read More Ipswich Country Club based on his availability….guys, he’s THAT good! I’ve known him for a while as I’ve worked with him on a professional level but more importantly I knew I wanted him there as a friend. John isn’t just an amazing photographer but an amazing friend and somebody I knew I would enjoy spending a good portion of our wedding day with. You’ve got to gel with your photographer and the way he makes you so comfortable in front of a camera is truly incredible. He was so efficient when it came to taking our family portraits and wedding party photos during cocktail hour that we still had SO MUCH TIME to take other fun shots of just the groom and I! It really is outstanding how he takes so many pictures throughout the night and you don’t even notice them being taken. His artistic eye is unmatched in the industry and we got our photos back so quickly! We were still on our honeymoon when that glorious email came in saying they were ready and what fun we had looking through them all, seeing the day playback through pictures and every single one was beautiful! John, thank you, for your amazing skill, your incredible professionalism, and also your kindness when it came to making suggestions and answering our questions. You truly are one of a kind and we are so glad we were able to share our day with you and that you were able to document our day so beautifully! We can’t thank you enough for all that you do, and can’t wait to have another opportunity to work with you again soon!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Alycia A

John did our engagement shoot, and John (and Russell for video!) did my best friend's wedding in September, so by the time our wedding came around it felt like an old friend was coming to hang out! John is kind and professional, makes you feel comfortable the entire time, and... Read More his pictures are unbelievable. We had a second shooter, Amy, and can't recommend this enough. She was my cheerleader throughout the day and captured so many little details of the day. John's style keeps everything moving, never standing still or posing for too long. It's a great experience for the entire bridal party! The amount and quality of the pictures is incredible, a beautiful blend of formal shots, silly candid shots, and beautiful artistic details. Our pictures were back within a WEEK! We got to view our amazing wedding pictures while relaxing on the beach during our honeymoon. We used 617 for photo, video and DJ and can't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Vanessa R

When we began looking for a photographer for our wedding we wanted someone who would be able to capture the moments naturally. John did just that – he was able to capture all aspects of our special day unobtrusively and effortlessly. When we first visited the 617 offices, we saw... Read More the snow picture that John had taken a few years ago and my heart was set on getting a snow picture. John was able to capture (with a little help from Mother Nature!) the most beautiful picture of Eric and I in the snow that completely embodied our entire magical wedding day. We will have these images to treasure for the years to come. More importantly, John is such a charismatic and fun guy to be around – he truly loves what he does and it shows in the photos he takes. On the business side of things, he was so easy to communicate with, extremely responsive and professional. Moreover, his turnaround time is awesome! He sent us the link to view our proofs about a week and a half after our wedding - talk about fast! We can’t wait to receive the canvas print! Thank you so much for everything John!

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Nicole K

My husband and I chose to have John LoConte, from 617 Weddings, to photograph our wedding at the Cruiseport Gloucester on NYE. I can't say enough good things about John! During the entire planning process he answered all my questions almost immediately. John did the work of two... Read More photographers for sure! He got every shot and never missed beat. I am so happy with all of my pictures and to have John part of our big day!! He was so much fun to work with and his photos are the best around!! The turn around time for my proofs was unbelievably quick! I would give him 5+ stars if I could! Highly recommend!!! 617 Weddings is THE BEST!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Bianca B

When it came to choosing John LoConte from 617 Weddings for our big day it was a no brainer. His pictures and the moments he captures are both beautiful and priceless. From the very first meeting he put us at ease. He is such a genuine person and we knew he would take good... Read More care of us. He worked with us to pick the package that was right for us and was FLEXIBLE - he knew it was our day and he just wanted to help us get what we wanted out of it. As far as the day of - I can't say enough about him. He is such a calming presence on what is a very busy day and is extremely easy going. He went with the flow of our day and just went to work! He did an amazing job of handling our time and working with our coordinator and Cruiseport Gloucester to ensure we got the shots we needed running on a very tight timeline! Throughout the evening I barely even noticed him (meant as a good thing!!). He was not intrusive at all, yet when we got our pictures back he captured EVERY MOMENT PERFECTLY. Lastly, his turn around cannot be beat! We had preview photos the next day, and then all of our re-touched images a week later! This was during the busy holiday season as well, but he stuck to his word and gave us the best Christmas present we could've asked for! I can't say enough, or give enough praise, for John LoConte.

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Megan S

John LoConte with 617 Weddings is such an amazing photographer and we could not have been happier with him for our wedding at the Boston Park Plaza! First, John was such a delight to work with. He is extremely pleasant, easy to communicate with, and always responds promptly.... Read More Second, he is an expert photographer. He creates beautiful photos using light, color, and perspective. For our engagement session and our wedding photos we trusted him to tell us where to go and how to pose; he has such extensive knowledge and talent. He is also very efficient which was much appreciated on our wedding day with multiple people outside in colder weather. He is flexible and was willing to incorporate poses or pictures we wanted. He also takes really great candid photos which was a great addition to our wedding albums. I hope we get a chance to work with him again in the future!

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Mathew O

When planning for our wedding, my wife and I were skeptical of having just anyone be a vendor for us. We like to have fun, but know when to be serious, and those traits exemplify John LoConte! From our first meeting, he was nothing but a pleasure to work with. His photography... Read More portfolio, which is on display at the main office, was great. He definitely has a keen eye for his craft and knows how to get the right photo, regardless of the situation. We did not need the engagement shoot, and he offered to roll that time over into extra coverage during the wedding. We were so grateful for that because we wanted shots of us getting ready beforehand, and my wife and I were in two separate cities. In terms of his visibility during the ceremony and the reception, the man is over six feet tall, but must have some sort of invisibility cloak. We hardly noticed him except for the planned shots. He had us write down a list of family/friend shots that we wanted ahead of time, and we were able to take the majority of them prior to guests arriving. The rest he was able to knock out during the first 15-20 minutes of the cocktail hour. We were so ecstatic about that because it gave us time to mingle with our guests, which meant that we were both able to actually sit down to have dinner since we saw everybody by the time dinner was served to us. In terms of working with the videographer, Franco Valverde, also of 617 Weddings, they worked seamlessly together. We have not received the video yet (just a statement, not a gripe by any means), but when looking through the photos that John touched up for us, 383 to be exact, I can't remember Franco being in any of them. They are a great team, and they both knew where to position themselves in order to get the best shot for themselves and, more importantly, not interfere with the others' shot. If you want someone serious, and also seriously fun, then John LoConte is the right photographer for you. My wife and I couldn't be happier, especially since we got our photos while we were on our honeymoon, less than a week after the wedding!!

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Mathew O

Reviewed on 1/04/2017

John LoConte at 617 weddings did an amazing job capturing every moment of our small ceremony at the Bancroft in Burlingon, MA. John is professional, calm, organized and kind. He responds to emails promptly and we received our pictures ahead of the expected date. Everyone that... Read More looks at our pictures say they are some of the best they have seen!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Adrianna A

I booked John LoConte as my wedding photographer because one my friends had used him for her wedding. The first time I met him, I thought he was great but it was his humor and artistic style that sold me. I work in the wedding business and have worked with many of the area’s... Read More best photographers. What I liked about John was that he was a little different. He was always there to get the best shots without being intrusive. We used him for our engagement shoot and my fiancé loved him as well. We joked and laughed the entire time and you can tell in our photos. He captured some fantastic candid photos which aren’t always the easiest to get. Leading up the wedding, we spoke many times about the timeline and the flow of the day and John made sure it was executed perfectly. Day of, he took charge of the bridal party and ensured that they we were on time and that everything was going according to plan. The best part about working with John was the turnaround time on the photo gallery and albums. We received a few photos the day after the wedding and the rest while we were on our honeymoon. It was great to be able to look at them while we were still away. Ordering the albums couldn’t have been easier. All I had to do was send John the numbers and then he sent me a proof for the final product and then we received it about two weeks later. Our photos came out perfect and I know that we will treasure them forever!

Reviewed on 12/16/2016

John LoConte, Photographer We paid for 7 hours of photography, and received 341 photos edited photos (contract specifies 300-400 edited photos). I have friends with the same contracted time that received upwards of 500 edited photos! Now I understand the idea of quality over... Read More quantity and I of course agree; however, again work fell way below my expectations. Of the 341 photos there are many that I cringe at and question why you even included them ( aside to maybe add to the sadly low total count). Portraits where my eyes are closed, yes I know it was sunny but why even include them in the "edited" limited category? On top of that there are a number of photos that are again questionable... I am all for the candid photos but a large number of them seemed like they were only included to again add to the sadly low total number of photos. I was not overly assertive in terms of what I wanted, reason being that he had great reviews, I did not think it was necessary for me to point out the obvious as I did not want anything out of the ordinary. Again, myself and family find ourselves feeling let down. There is literally only one photograph of me and my parents walking down the aisle? There is not even a single photo of my husband signing the katubah. The single one of me signing lacked a meaningful composition. Our first dance photos were beyond disappointing. There is literally only one photo of him dipping me. He twirled and dipped me around 6 times? There is not a single photo of the 15 seconds that we separated and danced detached from one another. Luckily I have these moments in my memory, however there is no excuse for not having a single photo? That's what we hired a photographer for. I didn't go out of my way to request that my family and friends have their cameras out because again thats why I hired a photographer. These lacking photos are the most basic of images and the fact that they are missing is an overall failure of service. The family portraits are okay not great. Again lacking so many key things that I did not think was necessary to mention. I am writing this review because I do feel a let down and disappointed. I could go on for a while about my areas of disappointment. But I think that at this point my point has hopefully been made. In hindsight I would have gone into much greater detail about the photos I was expecting. But like I said before, I figured what I was wanting did not need to be verbally communicated to a professional ( photos of me walking down the aisle, full thoughtful views of the ceremony, our first dance etc). Sadly you only get one wedding one chance to capture that day, and I am beyond disappointed. I have shown the photos to many family and friends and people have agreed that something doesn't add up. You have great reviews I paid good money, what went wrong here? I wanted to make you aware of my concerns before I move forward with a review. At this point it can't be re done and moments are lost. Any explanation and or credit for lack of services would be greatly appreciated at this point. For now I am holding off on my review and am hoping I hear back from you soon.

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Emily W

My husband and I booked Heather Littlefield of 617 Weddings for our wedding ceremony and Cruiseport reception. Heather was helpful and responsive to my email inquiries. She is talented and was very professional from beginning to end. Additionally, Heather showed a lot of... Read More flexibility on the day of our event (when our timeline did not quite go as planned). We were very impressed with Heather and with everyone at 617 Weddings. The photos came out lovely and captured all of our special moments!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Kasi R

John completely exceeded our expectations! The one thing I wanted to be perfect for our wedding was the pictures so that I could relive the day for years and they were better than perfect! He was not only a phenomenal photographer but he was sweet and kind! He made sure that we... Read More were comfortable! We left the wedding and numerous people raved about how amazing he was. I 100% could not have asked for someone better to capture our day! I plan on calling John every time we need photos for something. Thanks to him, I can go back to my photos and relive the best day of my life!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Caitlin S

John LoConte from 617 weddings is amazing! He was so friendly, professional, and courteous when we worked with him for our engagement photos and wedding. John was our photographer for our October wedding at The Commons 1854 and we truly couldn't be happier with John's service... Read More and finished product. Our heart was set on an outdoor ceremony and pictures at the historic Gould Barn; unfortunately the weather was a little less than ideal and we were forced to change our ceremony plans the day of. John took what would have been a huge disappointment and turned it into the most beautiful wedding pictures we could have ever hoped for! Quick and efficient, John was able to photograph my husband and I as well as our wedding party outside, just missing the rain and capturing the brilliant fall colors contrasted against the grey sky. During the reception, John managed to stealthily capture hundreds of amazing images of our friends and family without being in the way at all. John got us our proofs in record time, and one week later we have all of our final images. Can't say enough great things about John - would highly recommend to anyone looking for a photographer who feels like a friend but is amazingly talented!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Madalyn M

John LoConte of 617 Weddings did an outstanding job capturing the most special day in my and my husbands lives! We found John after researching photographers in the area, and viewing his outstanding reviews and portfolio. We met with John at the 617 offices and immediately knew... Read More we would be in good hands. He is a truly nice guy, with a great sense of humor and a passion for his art. We first worked with John in our engagement session in October 2015. Both my husband and I were very nervous about being photographed, but he put us both at ease with expert skill. We left our session with complete confidence in his work and were so thrilled with the quality of his work. Our wedding day was September 16, 2016 at the Atkinson Resort and Country Club. From the moment John showed up he started taking photos, and he didn't stop until he left! He was so organized and made everyone feel comfortable. Time has never gone by so fast in our lives, and it's so true what so many people told us- that the entire day is over in the blink of an eye! It was so reassuring that John was there capturing the most precious moments. Just a few days after the wedding John reached out to us that our photos were on his online gallery for viewing. It was so exciting and we couldn't be happier with how everything came out! Not to mention how fast he had edited! We would 100% recommend John to anyone looking for wedding photographer! A few of our friends have already booked with him for their upcoming weddings and we are looking forward to seeing him work again! In our minds the photography was the most important vendor we chose, and are so lucky to have had John capture this day. Thank you so much John!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Alyssa B

John LoConte from 617 is the ONLY photographer you should seek in Boston! From the onset, he was incredibly responsive (he literally answers emails within hours at the very most), and his turnaround times are unfathomably quick. Most importantly, his work is spectacular, and... Read More he's a true expert. It felt like he wasn't in the room at our wedding, yet he managed to capture a thousand images! He knows exactly what he's doing, and makes the process seamless and simple. Highly recommend John.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Nick P

John was professional and very flexible working with us but also taking some great candid shots. He was a sweetheart. Definitely recommend!

Meet The Manager

John LoConte

Our Photography Team is Led by John LoConte {JohnLo}. John is a wedding photographer because he truly loves capturing emotion. The kindness, happiness and Love that surrounds your entire day. John was lucky enough to get a peek into the event business at a young age due to his father being a successful Boston area Disc Jockey. His style tends to take a more natural/candid approach. This allows you to enjoy your entire wedding day with family and friends with the peace of mind that his photographs are telling your story.