Art You Can Eat

Delicious, beautiful cakes, custom-made to surpass your expectations. Whether you want a classic design or something whimsical, we promise a stunning work of art you can eat! Contact us today to set-up an appointment.

Cake Serving Sets, Cake Stands, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

4966 Northwind Dr, East Lansing, MI (517) 333-6881

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Brittni

I absolutely loved my wedding cake! I think that it was one of my favorite things about my wedding. I was very specific when I was looking for someone to make my wedding cake because what I wanted was so non traditional. My wedding was baseball themed so I wanted a cake to go... Read More along with that. I decided to go with A piece o cake because all of the examples that they had to look at were above what I was expecting to see. Our cake turned out amazing. The roughed up baseball cake we had to show as an example didn't compare to the cake at our wedding. I was so impressed with how our cake turned out I didn't want to cut it. Also the communication was great between Betsy (the owner) and I the entire time before the wedding. One of my favorite vendors to work with. I would recommend them over and over.

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Genny

I absolutely loved my experience. Betsy was extremely helpful- friendly, not pushy. And the cake was absolutely delicious and beautiful! Two months later and people are still telling me how much they enjoyed the cake.

Awesome cakes!

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 lindsay g

from the moment we called to set up our tasting to the time we served the cake at the wedding, everything was wonderful! Betsy and her staff we're generous helpful understanding and listened to all of our wants and needs. even though we weren't looking to spend thousands of... Read More dollars on a cake they treated us as if we were. betsy is an awesome cake designer and the cakes are absolutely delicious.my personal suggestion lemon cake with lemon buttercream

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Sarah C

I absolutely loved how my wedding cake turned out! Betsy captured my vision perfectly. The cake itself it delicious and we received so many compliments on how yummy it was. Betsy is really fun and easy to work with too. We had a design meeting and also had a chance to taste test... Read More the cakes. This was one of the most memorable parts of the wedding planning process. Would highly recommend and will be using her services for future events!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Lauren W

Betsy is wonderful to work with, she is super sweet and is an expertise in her field. We had her make cupcakes and a wedding cake for our reception. She created a very cute display with her serving trays and the cake was absolutely delicious! After we cut the cake, the cupcakes... Read More were gone within minutes. I heard nothing but great compliments from our guests. I would highly recommend A Piece O' Cake to any future Bride!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Megan H

Betsy was great to work with and really listened to what we were asking for in the design of the cake. It tasted amazing (which was the main requirement for myself) and people kept talking about how good it was for weeks afterwards. It was a pleasure working with Betsy and not... Read More having to stress about this portion of the wedding knowing the matter was in good hands. Eric B.

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Alisha F

Betsy is amazing! I couldn't ask for a better experience and the guests loved the cupcakes. I would highly recommend A Piece O' Cake!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Sara R

Betsy is so sweet and amazing to work with! She really listened to what we wanted and made our cake look better than we even expected! You can tell she really takes her job seriously and pays attention to detail to really wow her clients. Every person at our wedding gushed over... Read More how beautiful and delicious our cake was. She defintley made the whole process easy and fun! I can't wait to go to her for future events. I would recommend her to anybody in a a second! Thank you so much Betsy for help make our wedding day perfect!!!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Helena B

Betsy was amazing and so helpful to work with, we needed something last minute and weren’t able to come in to sample cakes the correct way. She pulled it off and made us an amazing, beautiful little cake. Thanks, Betsy!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Ashley M

We did a two layer lemon cake with vanilla frosting and an assortment of four flavors of cupcakes from A Piece O' Cake for our wedding reception in East Lansing in May 2017. The cupcake flavors we chose were chocolate Kahlua, vanilla with vanilla frosting, raspberry swirl, and... Read More lemon with vanilla frosting. Each flavor was amazing! Our cake and cupcakes were probably the biggest hit at our wedding a few months ago. Betsy did an awesome job with them. I tried all four flavors and they were perfect. We froze some of the cake after the wedding and just thawed it four months later and it still tasted just as amazing as it did the day of. She was very flexible with me changing up our order a few times and was extremely accommodating. As someone who has extremely picky taste when it comes to cake, I can't say enough great things about the cake and cupcakes at A Piece O' Cake. The cake to frosting ratio was spot on. I could tell she used all really good quality ingredients for both the frosting and the cake. The frosting/cake wasn't too sugary like some other cakes I've tried at bakeries in the Lansing/East Lansing area. All in all, choosing A Piece O' Cake for our wedding cake and cupcakes was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Thank you Betsy!!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Ramona W

My cake was gorgeous and delivered in a late winter storm. They gave me exactly what I was looking for and more! Tip order enough for seconds. The cake was so good people wanted to try all the flavors.

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Sarah N

Betsy did a phenomenal job! She is incredibly organized and will make your vision come to life. Also, the cake itself was beyond delicious. My brother in-law said he planned to eat no cake and ended up eating 3 pieces! Working with Betsy was literally "a piece o'cake".

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Liz M

For our wedding we used Betsy and her staff at A Piece O' Cake! I wanted something romantic and whimsical with flowers and lace designs and she made me the perfect cake, 5 tiers and all! She is so organized and will make your vision come true! I used butter cream instead of... Read More fondant and it was a show stopper! Her cakes are delicious and moist, I will use the bakery for years to come for birthdays, baby showers, and more! Highly recommended! :) *She also did cupcakes at our brother/sis-in-law's wedding and they were phenomenal as well!

Reviewed on 4/22/2017 Lauren K

Betsy and the rest of the team at A Piece O' Cake were an absolute joy to work with. From their absolutely delicious cake selections to their incredible customer service, I simply couldn't have been happier. Several times throughout the process, I called and made adjustments to... Read More my order, which A Piece O' Cake was able to handle seamlessly. A Piece O' Cake has a forever customer in me; I'll continue to visit for birthdays and other parties!

Reviewed on 2/21/2017

Betsy delivered the most wonderful cake for my wedding. She listened to what I wanted and asked questions when needed, not to mention it was absolutely delicious. There was a mix up with the flowers to be placed on my cake and Betsy went above and beyond to fix it. I would... Read More absolutely recommend A Piece O' Cake to anyone!!!!

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Christina K

For my wedding I wanted a one layer cake and cupcakes. She did a wonderful job pulling it off, everything was beautiful and very delicious! I would highly recommend A Piece O' Cake to anyone!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Nicole F

Our wedding cake and cupcakes were amazing! They were made beautifully. We are so happy with our choice!

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Megan C

So nice, very helpful and willing to flex to our changing ideas in seconds! Very patient and everyone LOVED the cake. It was beautiful and delicious! Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Taryn L

Betsy did an outstanding job with our wedding cake and cupcakes. Both looked very beautiful and tasked amazing. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how much they loved them too. Needless to say there weren't any cupcakes left at the end of the night.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Sarah P

From start to finish, Betsy was an absolute blessing to work with. I had a fairly strict budget (I will admit my cake budget was on the higher end) and she really worked with me to stick to that budget. We had a day of tasting and got the plan set that day. We stayed in... Read More communication up until the big day and Betsy was more than helpful with any question I had. The cake was possibly my favorite part of the entire day and it was even better than I had imagined. I am still in awe of how beautiful it was. I will be returning in the future for any of my bakery needs. Our cake was raspberry with a raspberry swirl frosting. It was amazing, but so was every other flavor that we tried. You really cannot go wrong!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Kristen J

5 Stars all of the way! Piece O' Cake rocks and I would recommend it to anyone! My cake was a such a special part of our day and we received so many compliments about how beautiful our cake was along with how great it tasted (compared to most wedding cakes that look pretty but... Read More don't taste very good). Betsey was so lovely to work with and totally made my vision come to life. She genuinely cared about making my day perfect in every way and worked directly with my vendors to make the day run smoothly. You can tell she def has a passion for this and her enthusiasm for making wedding cakes shines through in every way! Her rosettes frosting design was anything like I had ever seen and the flavors were out of this world. We did a mix of wedding white and chocolate Kahlua fudge with white buttercream frosting! Mmmmmm! I wish I could attach a picture of my cake!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Brittney S

Betsy did an amazing job on our wedding cake, it was delicious and just what I wanted! She was such a sweetheart to work with, and very helpful throughout the entire process! I would recommend A Piece O' Cake and Betsy to anyone looking for a cake for any occasion!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Rachel S

A Piece O' Cake provided cupcakes for my wedding and they were absolutely delicious! The cute, taste test/sampling before the wedding was a nice touch that my husband and I truly appreciated. Betsy was friendly and great to work with!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Monique C

This bakery was perfect! It was wonderful to work with Betsy, she was quick to respond to emails and was helpful in helping me create the look of my wedding cake. The cake turned out better than I could imagine, so beautiful and delicious. The fondant was the best I have ever... Read More tasted in my life, usually I hate wedding cake frosting and have to take it off but with hers I loved the texture it added to the cake. I am so happy I chose this bakery for my wedding!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Dorothea G

Betsy did an amazing job on our wedding cake, we had a lemon cake with vanilla buttercream and a Kahlua fudge with coffee buttercream and they both were a huge hit! We changed our mind several times on design and flavors and she was so flexible, patient, and helpful and even... Read More made us 4 more cupcakes to try different combinations. She really cares about your day being special, and she went out of her way to work with our event coordinators to make sure our cake was delivered in perfect condition. We weren't very knowledgeable on how much cake we would need or what type of stand to sue etc, but Betsy was always so helpful and sweet and never made us feel stupid or rushed. I am thankful also for her ability to accommodate a crazy schedule and we would definitely use her again! Thank you Betsy! xo