Art You Can Eat

Delicious, beautiful cakes, custom-made to surpass your expectations. Whether you want a classic design or something whimsical, we promise a stunning work of art you can eat! Contact us today to set-up an appointment.

Cake Serving Sets, Cake Stands, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

4966 Northwind Dr, East Lansing, MI (517) 333-6881

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Brittni

I absolutely loved my wedding cake! I think that it was one of my favorite things about my wedding. I was very specific when I was looking for someone to make my wedding cake because what I wanted was so non traditional. My wedding was baseball themed so I wanted a cake to go... Read More along with that. I decided to go with A piece o cake because all of the examples that they had to look at were above what I was expecting to see. Our cake turned out amazing. The roughed up baseball cake we had to show as an example didn't compare to the cake at our wedding. I was so impressed with how our cake turned out I didn't want to cut it. Also the communication was great between Betsy (the owner) and I the entire time before the wedding. One of my favorite vendors to work with. I would recommend them over and over.

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Genny

I absolutely loved my experience. Betsy was extremely helpful- friendly, not pushy. And the cake was absolutely delicious and beautiful! Two months later and people are still telling me how much they enjoyed the cake.

Awesome cakes!

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 lindsay g

from the moment we called to set up our tasting to the time we served the cake at the wedding, everything was wonderful! Betsy and her staff we're generous helpful understanding and listened to all of our wants and needs. even though we weren't looking to spend thousands of... Read More dollars on a cake they treated us as if we were. betsy is an awesome cake designer and the cakes are absolutely delicious.my personal suggestion lemon cake with lemon buttercream

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Liz M

For our wedding we used Betsy and her staff at A Piece O' Cake! I wanted something romantic and whimsical with flowers and lace designs and she made me the perfect cake, 5 tiers and all! She is so organized and will make your vision come true! I used butter cream instead of... Read More fondant and it was a show stopper! Her cakes are delicious and moist, I will use the bakery for years to come for birthdays, baby showers, and more! Highly recommended! :) *She also did cupcakes at our brother/sis-in-law's wedding and they were phenomenal as well!

Reviewed on 4/22/2017 Lauren K

Betsy and the rest of the team at A Piece O' Cake were an absolute joy to work with. From their absolutely delicious cake selections to their incredible customer service, I simply couldn't have been happier. Several times throughout the process, I called and made adjustments to... Read More my order, which A Piece O' Cake was able to handle seamlessly. A Piece O' Cake has a forever customer in me; I'll continue to visit for birthdays and other parties!

Reviewed on 2/21/2017

Betsy delivered the most wonderful cake for my wedding. She listened to what I wanted and asked questions when needed, not to mention it was absolutely delicious. There was a mix up with the flowers to be placed on my cake and Betsy went above and beyond to fix it. I would... Read More absolutely recommend A Piece O' Cake to anyone!!!!

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Christina K

For my wedding I wanted a one layer cake and cupcakes. She did a wonderful job pulling it off, everything was beautiful and very delicious! I would highly recommend A Piece O' Cake to anyone!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Nicole F

Our wedding cake and cupcakes were amazing! They were made beautifully. We are so happy with our choice!

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Megan C

So nice, very helpful and willing to flex to our changing ideas in seconds! Very patient and everyone LOVED the cake. It was beautiful and delicious! Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Taryn L

Betsy did an outstanding job with our wedding cake and cupcakes. Both looked very beautiful and tasked amazing. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how much they loved them too. Needless to say there weren't any cupcakes left at the end of the night.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Sarah P

From start to finish, Betsy was an absolute blessing to work with. I had a fairly strict budget (I will admit my cake budget was on the higher end) and she really worked with me to stick to that budget. We had a day of tasting and got the plan set that day. We stayed in... Read More communication up until the big day and Betsy was more than helpful with any question I had. The cake was possibly my favorite part of the entire day and it was even better than I had imagined. I am still in awe of how beautiful it was. I will be returning in the future for any of my bakery needs. Our cake was raspberry with a raspberry swirl frosting. It was amazing, but so was every other flavor that we tried. You really cannot go wrong!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Kristen J

5 Stars all of the way! Piece O' Cake rocks and I would recommend it to anyone! My cake was a such a special part of our day and we received so many compliments about how beautiful our cake was along with how great it tasted (compared to most wedding cakes that look pretty but... Read More don't taste very good). Betsey was so lovely to work with and totally made my vision come to life. She genuinely cared about making my day perfect in every way and worked directly with my vendors to make the day run smoothly. You can tell she def has a passion for this and her enthusiasm for making wedding cakes shines through in every way! Her rosettes frosting design was anything like I had ever seen and the flavors were out of this world. We did a mix of wedding white and chocolate Kahlua fudge with white buttercream frosting! Mmmmmm! I wish I could attach a picture of my cake!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Brittney S

Betsy did an amazing job on our wedding cake, it was delicious and just what I wanted! She was such a sweetheart to work with, and very helpful throughout the entire process! I would recommend A Piece O' Cake and Betsy to anyone looking for a cake for any occasion!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Rachel S

A Piece O' Cake provided cupcakes for my wedding and they were absolutely delicious! The cute, taste test/sampling before the wedding was a nice touch that my husband and I truly appreciated. Betsy was friendly and great to work with!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Monique C

This bakery was perfect! It was wonderful to work with Betsy, she was quick to respond to emails and was helpful in helping me create the look of my wedding cake. The cake turned out better than I could imagine, so beautiful and delicious. The fondant was the best I have ever... Read More tasted in my life, usually I hate wedding cake frosting and have to take it off but with hers I loved the texture it added to the cake. I am so happy I chose this bakery for my wedding!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Dorothea G

Betsy did an amazing job on our wedding cake, we had a lemon cake with vanilla buttercream and a Kahlua fudge with coffee buttercream and they both were a huge hit! We changed our mind several times on design and flavors and she was so flexible, patient, and helpful and even... Read More made us 4 more cupcakes to try different combinations. She really cares about your day being special, and she went out of her way to work with our event coordinators to make sure our cake was delivered in perfect condition. We weren't very knowledgeable on how much cake we would need or what type of stand to sue etc, but Betsy was always so helpful and sweet and never made us feel stupid or rushed. I am thankful also for her ability to accommodate a crazy schedule and we would definitely use her again! Thank you Betsy! xo

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Amanda G

This is the best cake EVER! Absolutely loved working with them. So helpful and easy to work with. The best vendor in Michigan!!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Cheryl G

My daughter had a very specific idea about the "cakes" she wanted for her wedding. I had been to four bakeries and left frustrated and not even sure what they would cost. When we met with Betsy, she quickly grasped the idea of what my daughter wanted and clearly laid out the... Read More cost. She was not pushy and even excused herself while we sampled our delicious cupcakes so that we could talk. The cakes were all delicious and we received many compliments on how they looked and tasted. Betsy loves her business and it shows in her customer service. She is awesome!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Desiray K

Loved the Cakes Betsy made for our wedding!! She listened to details and just did a beautiful job, and it was also very delicious. My now husband has been really into this game, clash of clans, I gave her a few pictures and some ideas.. She ran with what I gave, the grooms cake... Read More couldn't have been anymore perfect! Chocolate fudge kahlua is to die for, and I don't like chocolate cake.. Just sayin!!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Kirsten

Betsy did a wonderful job on my wedding cake! I provided her two pictures that I found on Pinterest and requested certain parts of each picture to be included in the cake. She created a beautiful grey and white ombre cake with a rose finish on the top that we used in place of... Read More a cake topper. The finish on the lines were clean, the ombre was perfectly done, and the entire cake was elegant. Aside from the look, the cake was delicious. We had a raspberry swirl with raspberry buttercream as one layer, carrot cake with vanilla buttercream as a different layer, and Kahlua fudge with chocolate ganache as the final layer. Our guests had nothing but great things to say about the cake. We would definitely recommend A Piece O' Cake to any bride and groom and we will be going back to Betsy to craft a similar (smaller) cake for our first anniversary.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Michelle C

My husband and I loved working with Betsy. She was always so nice. She had an eye for detail. She was willing to work with my food allergies - huge! The tasting was nice to be able to see what her work was like. We fell in love with ours right then and there. Thank you again,... Read More Betsy! I will be back in the future for other cakes!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Johanna M

Betsy and her team at A Piece O'Cake were AMAZING! I didn't have much of a plan when I went in, and she helped me figure out exactly what I wanted, and executed it perfectly! We had an assortment of mini cupcakes and a smaller cake to cut, and everyone at our wedding raved about... Read More it! I would recommend them to anyone looking! They are the best :)

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Amanda C

Oh my goodness! The best cake I have ever eaten! Betsy was darling, and so great and professional to work with! She was receptive of our ideas and our cake turned out more beautiful than I could have imagined! Get the raspberry swirl. You will not regret it!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Heather Q

Betsy did an absolutely fabulous job on our wedding cake! Planning the wedding from Wisconsin was a challenge, I set up one meeting with Betsy and we went over all details. As the wedding date got closer, emailing and talking over the phone about final details was extremely easy... Read More and flexible. I highly reccommend using a piece of cake for your big day! :-) many thanks to Betsy!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Rachel D

Betsy is amazing. From tasting to returning the cake tray after the wedding she was helpful and super nice. Our cake turned out beautiful and just what we wanted. The cake was moist and frosting wasn't too sweet it was just right. Amazing cake!!