Our wedding was a few months ago so I had some time to reflect on our day. I didn't want to come from anger so I gave it some time before honestly express my opinion about Every Little Details.
We purchased the full package where they would h...
elp pick the venue, vendors, and coordinator on site, day of wedding.
1. They never set up an initial meeting w/us (bride & groom) asking us what we wanted, our vision, etc. We were surprised by this. Danielle finally set up a call after we expressed concerns, which made us feel a little better.
2. Their vendor selection was the best part. They recommended some great vendors. But you could probably find this on your own if you google (I know that can be time consuming/overwhelming, which I still had to do some anyways).
3. Our biggest issue - Communication. Whenever we asked Danielle a question via email/text/onsite, she was very passive aggressive, it is very obvious... Sometimes she didn't even respond and I would have to ask her again. I had to think twice about emailing her because it became painful to ask questions. I felt like she was always annoyed. Isn't that the point of the planner? Isn't this the service we paid for? Very frustrating and uncomfortable. I felt Kayla was nicer to talk to.
4. They were good at setting up appointments w/ the vendors and emailing us after about how it went.
5. After much back and forth, we ended up using our family private farm land as our venue, which means we could of just gotten the partial service. I felt I did a lot of research in finding vendors myself.
6. Several vendors kept emailing me less than a week before the wedding asking for the timeline. Isn't this the planners task?
7. Day before wedding (rehearsal day), Lighting company continuously asked my father in law for things & how we wanted it. All communication should of come from the planner, right? It's our rehearsal day and my father in law is nowhere to be found because he is onsite directing vendors what to do. Planner weren't around. They finally showed up later. My FIL was very upset. We actually had a friend of ours Brandon help this day, he was a lifesaver - and he's not even a wedding planner!
8. We had buses pick up guests from hotel to shuttle them to venue. Buses were 40 MINUTES LATE, while our guests stood outside waiting. When we asked the planners several times, they said "oh, they are on their way". Meanwhile, my husband(the groom) was
continuous getting phone calls from confused guests saying buses were not there. We found out the bus drivers didn't know where to pick up guests. Another communication problem.
9. Day of Coordinator during ceremony, Matthew, did a good job during ceremony. He had everything organized. I can see why they have many five stars. They do a lot of day of coordinator service at same venues over and over.
10. My cake was missing flowers, which was given to us by florist because I specifically asked during our consultation visit, planner was there also. So, I had a 4 tier PLAIN cake w/ no decor.
They had very little communication w/ us or vendor. Did minimal work for what we paid, and it was not cheap. We almost switched planners during the first few months of planning, but we were trying to give them the benefit of doubt. I really wish we switched.
Only thing that made it great were family/friends who made our day memorable <3.
I would defiantly not recommend them to anyone.