Paracel Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering

15583-15589 Brookhurst Street, Westminster, CA

Great Ambience

Reviewed on 11/29/2014 Abigail L

I had my reception at Paracel Restaurant. Pros: lighting, cake table, gift/candy bar table, easel for large picture of bride and groom, all included. Private changing room for bride. Dance floor included. Screen projector for slideshow included. Beautiful decor and ambiance.... Read More Food was good according to guests (as the bride, I didn't have time to eat much!). Cons: I heard from guests that not all tables received champagne or martinelli's for toasting and had to toast with water. Part way through the reception, my groom and I realized that the DJ had the wrong schedule up on his laptop and had not been sticking to the song list for background music that my groom had taken hours to pick out. Overall: 4/5. Despite the glitches, the actual venue made for a memorable reception that the guests were wowed with.

Wedding Rehearsal Dinner - Saved Us in a Pinch!

Reviewed on 7/02/2014 Christine N

We had our wedding rehearsal dinner here. This is a family owned restaurant, and they are super friendly with large groups like ours. The owner Tom and his son Matt helped us pick one of their set menus that fit our price range and food tastes, then they allowed us to substitute... Read More heavily for the items on the menu based on food allergies. The night of the rehearsal dinner, we asked them to prepare special individual meals for one of our guests as we had forgotten to arrange separate food for her extreme food allergies. Paracel's kitchen went above and beyond in accommodating our requests, and Tom even have us the last minute meal orders free of charge. The serving wait staff, a small girl and tall guy were quick and attentive to our 50+ guests, so much so that our guests mentioned to us how competent and professional they were. The food was excellent and we would be happy to eat there again. The restaurant ambiance felt like an Asian wedding, which might be off putting for western guests as they played Vietnamese music throughout the night. They had open mike and open dance floor which a few of our guests took advantage of. All in all, the venue is excellent, although more suitable for a large banquet style event than as a casual family dinner.