Rockwood Museum Carriage House

Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Service Staff

4671 Washington Street, Wilmington, DE

Reviewed on 12/03/2013 Beth N

The entire day was perfection! Our wedding reception and ceremony was held at the carriage house and we could not have had it any better. The staff was professional and helpful and oversaw every aspect of the day. The food was delicious and all guests were happy!

A perfect day

Reviewed on 11/10/2013 Nikki B

My husband , family, and friends had an amazing time at Rockwood. They were friendly, professional and made us feel confident that at we were going to have the most incredible day of our lives. From their recommendations, exquisite menu, flexibility, to pleasant staff, they did... Read More an outstanding job. Patti, Margaret, Michelle, Craig, and all the staff...thank you thank you thank you! We are still getting so many compliments on our wedding day!

Best decision I made for my wedding!...besides my groom :)

Reviewed on 11/06/2013 Ashley B

We had both our wedding ceremony and reception here in October - and I LOVED IT! My entire family and all of my friends can not stop complimenting how great the venue, service, and quality of food was. The fact that they take such pride in the catering makes a huge difference.... Read More And Michelle - well she is just amazing. We couldn't have asked for a better person to assist us with finalizing all the details, day of planning, and keeping everyone on track the day of. She pulls everything together seamlessly. Loved it!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Theresa C

The Carriage House at Rockwood Park was the absolute perfect place for our wedding. The venue is so beautiful and is perfect for a rustic theme. The staff were SO amazing which included Michelle, the day of coordinator, and Craig and Patti of the Greenery Caterers. We were told... Read More by so many guests how lovely the venue was and how delicious the food was.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Katie B

FANTASTIC experience with Patty's team! Everyone came up to me and said this was the best wedding they had ever been to, and my new husband's family was extremely impressed with the service and venue (they have very high standards!). Everything from the prep for the event with... Read More Margaret and Patty to the day of with Michelle was really fun, relaxing and fantastic. I would definitely recommend this location if you are into DIY weddings and a rustic feel without being in an actual barn :) LOVED IT! We will definitely be interested in doing more events here in the future!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Anne-Marie O

Everything was wonderful! Patti and Margaret were so attentive and easy to work with when planning, and Michelle was a rock star on our wedding day. Guests even commented to me how nice and helpful she was. The food was delicious - Michelle was so great that she made sure we... Read More both ate something! Our pictures on the grounds and in the conservatory are beautiful. Just a great day!

Reviewed on 7/04/2016 Alan

A truly special venue that met everything me and my wife were looking for: Beautiful venue, delicious food, amazing staff. Michelle and her staff made sure everything ran smoothly along the whole entire process from the first planning meeting to the wedding day itself. The venue... Read More itself is a blend of modern and rustic and our guests loved walking the grounds of Rockwood Park. The food served by the Greenery Caterers was delicious and we got nothing but compliments from our guests and were very eager to work with those that had allergies or food preferences. We were extraordinarily happy with our choice of venue and had the greatest day of our life there!

Reviewed on 3/16/2016 Erin O

If you are looking for a truly unique and magical wedding experience than your heart will completely soar once you visit the Rockwood Carriage House - Greenery Caterers. First of all, Patti, Craig, Margaret, and ESPECIALLY Michelle, were absolutely phenomenal. Their attention to... Read More detail, quick responses, kindness, enthusiasm, organization, and genuine love for creating the best wedding experience ever is clear from your first point of contact with the venue and staff and continues on throughout the entire planning process. After researching venues in the Delaware Valley Region that were affordable, rustic, historic, and unique, BUT also had all the elegance and conveniences of an upscale/innovative event space, I chose the Rockwood Carriage House and I couldn’t be more thrilled! The scenery and unique grounds offer ample opportunities for your photographer and videographer to capture every moment of your day with a truly breathtaking backdrop. The historic building itself is the definition of rustic elegance and offers a magical ambiance; the beautiful carriage doors in the reception room, wide plank wood floors, wall of floor to ceiling windows, stone/brick walls, the industrial touches of metal and wood beams, the extra large elevator that can fit your entire wedding party and then some! Now onto the FOOD! So delicious and endless… your guests will rave about how every time they turned around there was another tray of appetizers and that the food was amazing! One of my favorite parts of working with Greenery Caterers was how flexible they were with helping us make our wedding vision come to life. My wife and I decided to have a traditional Celtic hand-fasting ceremony in the upstairs gallery suite and Michelle was able to create a seating circle that gave us the experience we wanted, with so many candles and string lights! Now on to Michelle!!! I can't say enough - so lovely, funny, creative, and flexible with every last detail. She helps make everything run smoothly like your very own spectacular wedding planner! It truly was exactly what we had imagined our winter magical wedding to be, and all our guests can't stop raving about it. BEST DAY EVER.

Reviewed on 1/09/2016 Richard M

We chose to have our wedding at the carriage house at rockwood park on 5/24/15. It was absolutely perfect. We searched everywhere for a venue and as soon as we saw the carriage house we knew exactly. We had both our ceremony and reception there. It was the first place that we... Read More found that had a viable contingency plan for an indoor wedding that would have been just as beautiful as out in the gardens if the weather was not cooperating. The grounds were absolutely gorgeous and the food outstanding. The entire team there is excellent as well. Michelle and Margaret were both amazing to work with. Michelle was invaluable throughout the entire process and even more so during the day of the wedding. Thank you for making our day perfect Michelle!! I would highly recommend the carriage house, greenery caterers, and the rest of the team.

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Julie R

My husband and I had our wedding on October 10,2015 and we could not have asked for a better day!! The weather was beautiful, thanks to Greenery Caterers the food was great, the drinks were flowing and Michelle was such a pleasure to work with and kept us all in line and on... Read More time. The staff was incredible to work with throughout the whole planning process. We wish we could do it all again. Thank you all for the perfect wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/12/2015 Ann Marie C

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at the Rockwood Carriage House on 8/8/15. We knew immediately on our first visit that this was the perfect venue for our big day. The Carriage House has a lot of charm, and the staff was excellent throughout the entire wedding... Read More process, especially Michelle. We didn't have to worry about a thing the day-of; everything ran seamlessly. We received so many compliments on the venue, the food, and the staff. Everything exceeded our expectations and we couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 8/23/2015

We feel so very fortunate to have found the Carriage House at Rockwood Park. The fact that this beautiful venue has exclusive caterers, Greenery Caterers, makes it even better. Patti, Michelle, and Margaret go above and beyond to ensure your big day is extra special. Every... Read More little detailed was taken care of, which was a big help as they guided us through the decision making process. Our guests were amazed by the beauty of the location, professionalism and care of the entire staff, and how great the food was! Our guests were happy and we were so very pleased. We highly recommend The Carriage House at Rockwood Park and Greenery Caterers to everyone!

Beautiful space and professional staff

Reviewed on 3/29/2015 Laura M

I could not be more pleased with my experience at Rockwood Carriage House. The setting is beautiful, the staff is courteous and professional and all of my guests raved about the food. I chose to have my ceremony upstairs at the venue which felt intimate and meaningful. It was... Read More great for my guests to walk down the stairs to the cocktail hour and reception. We frequently worked with Michelle, who took care of all our questions and needs with a smile.The staff is great about contacting the bride and groom throughout each step of the wedding process. They made it so I could enjoy my day with my husbands and guests.

Gorgeous venue with historic charm

Reviewed on 12/11/2014

Everything was terrific, from our first meeting with the staff, right through to the end of the reception. We had the ceremony upstairs, and the reception downstairs, and although the room isn't for a large wedding, it was perfect for us. It never felt cramped, and we were... Read More never bumping into guests. The staff was outstanding; responsive but never in the way. Nice touches like the carvings on the appetizer table went a long way. The outsides settings are beautiful for pictures, including the herb garden and mansion. It was truly a wonderful place to be married, no complaints!

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 12/03/2014 Raechel N

Rockwood is a Beautiful venue. Rustic and classy at the same time. It was a great choice for us. The grounds and the carriage house are immaculate and the staff is wonderful. We used the Greenery caterers also, and they were exceptional! I will review them separately.

All encompassing experience

Reviewed on 9/06/2014

In August my daughter had her ceremony and reception at Rockwood. The planning and execution was assisted wonderfully by Michele of the Greenery - caterer for Rockwood. The atmosphere is great, inside and out. Very easy to personalize the setting to make the event your own.... Read More We had a lovely experience and highly recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 7/26/2013 Kate C

The carriage house was the perfect wedding venue. As soon as we walked in I knew it was the place t marry the one. It was big enough to hold our big wedding but still feel intimate. It was fret inside and out. There is a great outdoor space and indoor area. The greenery caterers... Read More that serve the carriage house were also stupendous!!

Great Venue

Reviewed on 11/19/2012 Kate D. H

We loved Rockwood. The venue is rustic with the stone floor and still elegant. All of our guests loved it and the placement of the dining room, buffet and bar were key. I would definitely recommend it.

carriage house

Reviewed on 10/07/2012 katie k

The Carriage House at Rockwood Park was such a beautiful place to get married. We fell in love with the ceremony room and decided against an outside wedding. Everyone that works there was so friendly and helpful with all of the planning aspects. The food was great and all of our... Read More guests enjoyed it!

treasure in wilmington

Reviewed on 9/11/2012 Nkosi M

Everything was excellent: food, ambience, service

Reviewed on 8/16/2012 Lauren M

Just had our reception at the Carriage House this summer and it was just perfect! The food was fantastic, the place was gorgeous, and Patti & Michelle are very professional and organized! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 8/14/2012 Megan C

The Rockwood Carriage House is a beautiful setting. You do not need to decorate much since the natural beauty of the venue is so breathtaking. The staff is also very friendly and extremely helpful.

Loved it!!!

Reviewed on 7/04/2012 Ashley C

The venue itself is beautiful and perfect for the "rustic" but classy look we were going for. We invited 190 guests but had 170 attend and at first I was a little bit nervous about the spacing but 170 fit very comfortably and I can see how they can fit around 200. It was much... Read More more spacious than I thought. The staff is excellent and you can certainly tell that they are particular with who they hire. Everyone was so professional and friendly and it showed that they enjoyed their jobs which is hard to find in the hospitality industry. The food was delicious and we had many guests tell us it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. The buffet worked out great and everyone got through the line super quickly. Overall, we had no complaints whatsoever and thought that they did an amazing job in making our reception go seamlessly. We were so happy with everything and we would 100% recommend it to others. Thank you Greenery Caterers!

All I wanted, and more

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Larissa B

We had a fantastic experience at the Carriage House from the first meeting to the day of our wedding! The venue itself is beautiful and was exactly what we were looking for - ceremony and reception space in one location with a rustic, charming atmosphere. The Greenery... Read More Caterers staff was great to work with. Calls and emails were returned promptly, they were accommodating to our budget, and made helpful suggestions when we were unsure of what we wanted. The food was DELICIOUS and beautifully presented. Five months later, and I'm still hearing rave reviews from our guests. We've attended several weddings since, and no one else's food was as good as what we had at the Carriage House (and I know for a fact that some of these friends paid a lot more than what we did). In short, we were thrilled with every aspect of our wedding at the Carriage House and would highly recommend it.

Winter Wedding

Reviewed on 2/16/2012 Lauren D

Our January wedding took place at the Rockwood Carriage House. The weather cooperated - a little too much! It was a warm afternoon, and we were able to take many photos outside. This venue is beautiful for photos - the grounds and gardens provide the perfect backdrop. We also... Read More had our engagment photos taken here. The museam, carriage house, gardens, trails, and grounds provide for a beautiful, vintage style backdrop for weddings, etc. The venue itself is not staffed, but the Greenery Caterers function as the sole catering company who coordinates everything at this venue. There is a fee for renting the different areas for your ceremony/reception/etc.

Start a Conversation!