Your Premiere Bridal Destination

Step into Steven Michaels Hair Studio and let our talented team of devoted makeup artists and hair stylists create a timeless, elegant look for your big day. Now offering Hi-Def airbrush makeup to keep you looking flawless. Visit our website and inquire about our all-inclusive Bridal packages.

42839 Ford Road, Canton, MI (734) 981-9977

Life Savers

Reviewed on 6/19/2015 Lauren W

I had put a deposit down with another salon for my wedding, when they called 3 months before my wedding telling me they had to cancel my appointment for my wedding day! I was in total shock!!!! I was referred to Steven Michaels and I was so glad I was. The whole mess up of the... Read More other salon canceling me was such a blessing. I could not imagine my wedding day without Steven Michaels being in it. They were so welcoming from the beginning and Marissa, the bridal coordinator was such an angel! Both my mom and my future mother in-law was hisitant on getting their hair done so they both went in for a trail with the person that would be doing their hair on the wedding day and they both were thrilled with the outcome. My mom even went back for a haircut from her stylist because she really connected with her. I had my hair and makeup trail on the day of my shower. I had so many compliments that day that I couldn't wait for the wedding day. Marissa answered all my emails, and returned any missed calls from me. The morning of was such a relaxed atmosphere. My bridal party and I had so much fun. I would recommend this salon for anything and everything you need done!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Laura K

After being a loyal customer at this salon for twelve years always loving the experience and staff, I thought that hiring Steven Michaels to do my hair and makeup was a no-brainer. I expected to have a fun morning with my bridesmaids, not ending up in tears at the salon. Marissa... Read More Roberts is unfit to be a wedding coordinator. I still can't believe how heartless and unprofessional she was and I would be ashamed to have her as a representative of my company. I booked over a year in advance for 12 girls to rent out the salon. Two were planning to do their own makeup from the very beginning and I was told that it would be no problem for them to get ready with us. During my trial, it was reiterated that we would have the full salon and if mirrors were free girls could use them or they could bring their own to get ready with the rest of the group. Fast forward to a week before the wedding....my mom receives a text from a member of the staff (not from the wedding coordinator herself) saying full payment was due the following day. The text ended with "my boss told me I'm not trying to be a bitch!lol". I had signed the contract a year in advance and accidentally assumed payment was due on the wedding day. This payment due date should have been followed up on by the coordinator to the bride and in a much more professional manner, but alas as the bride I reached out to all my girls to call the salon and pay right away. The two girls who weren't getting makeup done asked if they could cancel hair as well as they weren't able to make the payment that day and are both talented at hair and makeup. They were given the ok to cancel. Fast forward again to my wedding day. We all walk into the salon excited for a fun day and Marissa kicks them out. They brought their own supplies and were in the front room. I tell her I was told they were allowed to be in the salon with us and she yelled back at me that whoever told me that "didn't have the authority to make that decision". So now I'm crying following my bridesmaids out of the salon. I eventually came back in and sat in the lobby crying with one of my girls waiting for my turn. Not once did anyone try to make it better or even offer a tissue. It was awful. I actually had one of my girls call my videographer and cancel him from coming as I didn't want to remember this part of the day at all. I don't know how anyone could be that mean to a bride on their wedding day, but Marissa didn't seem to care. Just like she never cared to follow up with me on payment or scheduling trial appointments or anything else a coordinator would usually help with leading up to that day. If it wasn't for Marissa Roberts I would have loved to give this salon the same type of raving, 5-star review that I gave to the rest of my vendors. Leslie did an AMAZING job on my hair and is the sweetest person ever. Marissa A also did a great job on my makeup. I loved my look so much, but unfortunately, the experience with the coordinator was so bad that I have to warn future brides to stay away.

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Katie M

These girls were AWESOME! They're so sweet, good at what they do and their customer service was awesome. The wedding coordinator did a great job with following up with me leading up to the wedding. They even let me come in for a 2nd hair trial for free, when the original girl... Read More scheduled to do my hair couldn't do it anymore. Because I had 9 girls total, they set up a little station with mimosas and pastries when we got to the salon in the morning. I was so relaxed :) Everyone in my bridal party LOVED their hair and makeup, as did I. I cannot express how happy I am I decided to use Steven Michaels for my wedding day. I would recommend them to anyone getting married in the Canton area! Much love to you all! -Katie Cain (Mandziara): July 29, 2016

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Ashley C

Marisa and Christa did an incredible job of doing our hair and make up! Marisa did our make up, she gave us the option of air brush or traditional, as well as lashes! Both the traditional and air brush looked beautiful! She used each person's tones and accentuated their... Read More beauty! Christa did an excellent job doing our hair! She made sure to touch up and fix the brides hair up until the moment she left. She even fixed the bridesmaids through out the day! Everyone (especially the bride) loved their hair! Both the hair and make up were amazing- I would definitely recommend both of these ladies for any bride!

Great Salon

Reviewed on 12/02/2015 Samantha T

This salon does a great job with hair and makeup for the bride as well as the bridesmaids and mothers. It is a little on the pricey side they will come to any location you want and if you prefer to go to the salon they have drinks and snacks for the bridal party. They were on... Read More time and professional!

I felt beautiful

Reviewed on 1/22/2014 Brittany H

I cannot express how happy I was with my hair (done by Joanna) and my makeup (done by Emily). I felt like I was a princess and received so many compliments. I was hesitant at first to get my makeup done as I have never had it professionally done before, but it turned out... Read More breathtaking. I love how I look in my pictures. Emily was right, she would nail it the day of. I was also so in love with my hair. Joanna did such a great job recreating what I described and made sure I was happy with how it all turned out. I would definitely recommend this salon to any future bride!

OMGEEE!

Reviewed on 6/17/2013 Beth H

These ladies are all AMAZING! First I set up the bridal day information with Joanna who is super nice and worked with me through e-mail and text since I was coming from out of state. She made the whole planning process easy. Mikki, who is amazing, did my hair and it turned out... Read More beautifully! She listened to me for my trial and worked off of a Pinterest pin and was able to add in my headband and veil which looked gorgeous! I loved it and got many compliments on my hair style. Emily did my makeup and she is super awesome and did a great job! She did airbrush makeup on me and I again got loads of compliments form her work. Both of these ladies are extremely nice and made me feel like family while working on me, they treated me like I was their sister getting married and really wanted me to look my best. The other stylists who worked on my maids, jr bm's MOH and MOG did an amazing job as well! I had all my girls wear head bands and the stylists were very accommodating in working with them. They had set up drinks and mini muffins for us to snack on and all us girls really had a great time getting our hair and make up done. They made us feel like family. :)

Joanna and Diana do amazing work!

Reviewed on 5/30/2013 Andi B

I had my hair done by Joanna, and Diana did my make-up. Both are professional, extremely talented, and open to feedback at your trial session. I got tons of compliments and was so happy with how beautiful and happy they made me look and feel. A few of their colleagues also did... Read More my bridesmaids' hair and make-up who also were beautiful.