24 Celebratory Birthday Wishes For Your Sister-in-Law
You and your sister-in-law may come from different parents, but that doesn't mean you don't hold a close bond. Whether it's your sibling's wife or your spouse's sister, you share many of the same family memories (and grievances). When her birthday comes around, write some birthday wishes for your sister-in-law that express your appreciation and admiration for her as your bonus sister. Luckily, we've dreamed up plenty of ideas and inspiration for your "happy birthday" message, from heartwarming to hilarious. And if you need a gift for your sister-in-law to pair with your birthday message, we have you covered with that, too.
In this article:
What to Write in Your Sister-in-Law's Birthday Card
Your birthday greeting might be added to a card, sent via text or even headline a social media post. No matter what the medium, it's important to add a personal touch to your sister-in-law's birthday wishes. Do you love her sense of humor? Maybe you're in awe of her sense of style. Or perhaps she always brightens your day by remembering what's going in your life and asking how you're doing. Acknowledge these special things in your "happy birthday" wishes for your sister-in-law to make her feel extra-special.
Consider your relationship with your sister-in-law. Are you still getting to know each other and navigating the in-law waters? Don't be afraid to keep it simple. If you've been in each other's lives a long time, you may want to add some heart-touching notes of appreciation to your birthday greeting.
And of course, feel free to add in some specific details about her great qualities. She might be raising a sweet niece or nephew, good at keeping the peace between families, the best cook at holidays or absolutely crushing it at her job. Maybe she even helped you write some winning birthday wishes to your mother-in-law to get you on her good side. Let her know you see and value all the ways she's contributing to your extended family for a birthday message she's sure to remember.
Touching Birthday Wishes for Your Sister-in-Law
Having a sister-in-law you feel close to is such a blessing. Some thoughtful birthday wishes for your sister-in-law are a great chance to express your gratitude.
- Gaining you as a sister was one of the best days of my life. I'm so happy to have you in our family and I look forward to celebrating with you!
- Happy birthday, sister-in-law! You make every day brighter with your warm smile and sunny personality.
- I hope this year is filled with joy, laughter and smiles for you. May it be your best one yet!
- Having you in our family makes it complete. I'm lucky to call you my sister-in-law. May all your birthday wishes come true!
- Happy birthday to one of the most remarkable women I know! I appreciate all the memories we've made together and I am excited for all the memories we'll make in the year ahead.
- I admire your strength, empathy and heart of gold. I'm so lucky to have you in my life this year and all that'll follow. Happy birthday!
Short Birthday Wishes for Your Sister-in-Law
There's nothing wrong with short and sweet. Add some brief birthday wishes to your sister-in-law to the inside of an already-on-point card and share it before the big celebration. Remember: Just because your inscription is short, doesn't make it less meaningful.
- If I was given a choice for a sister-in-law, I'd pick you, hands down.
- I hope you have an unforgettable birthday! I'm excited to celebrate with you soon!
- Cue the cocktails, sister-in-law! It's time to celebrate!
- Happy birthday to my stunning, sweet and sassy sister-in-law.
- I'm proud to call you my sister-in-law and excited to celebrate your special day.
- I hope this year brings you success, happiness and lots of laughter.
Funny Birthday Wishes for Your Sister-in-Law
Don't be afraid to throw in a joke or two for your birthday message, if your sister-in-law is known for her sense of humor. You can borrow from funny memories together or some of her spouse's quirks, so that you can bond and laugh over your birthday greeting.
- Happy birthday to my sister from another mister!
- You already have me as an in-law. What else could you possibly wish for on your birthday?
- Happy birthday to my sister-in-law who is smart, beautiful and fabulous. I'm glad we have so much in common!
- Congratulations on being one of the few people whose birthday I actually remember.
- Congratulations, you have the best [sister/brother/sibling]-in-law in the world: me! Happy birthday!
- Forget your spouse. Nothing beats a sisterly bond. I can't wait to celebrate your birthday!
Birthday Wishes for Your Future Sister-in-Law
If she still hasn't officially joined the family, play it safe. Show her your excitement for the wedding day and for her to become a part of your crew without overwhelming her. Her birthday is a great opportunity to make her feel welcome as the latest in-law.
- I am so excited for you to join our family!
- We may not be in-laws yet, but I still consider you family.
- Happy birthday! Let's celebrate with lunch on me soon!
- Planning a wedding is stressful. May you have a relaxing and carefree birthday!
- It has been such a joy getting to know you and I am so excited to celebrate your birthday!
- Happy birthday to the bride-to-be! Your future is bright!