We don‘t know Fort Myer Old Post Chapel‘s story by heart. Message them to get to know more about their business.
Amenities + Details
Outdoor - Covered
Outdoor - Not Covered
Religious Setting, Church
Fort Myer Old Post Chapel Reviews
Share your thoughts with other couples
Reviewed On 10/20/2015 by Megan O
I was truly honored to be married at the Old Post Chapel at Fort Myer in VA. This is the Chapel where America's heroes buried in Arlington cemetery are celebrated and remembered. The Chapel holds about 200 guests comfortably and there is a roo...
m for groom and groomsmen to hang out separately from the Bridal party. They also have white silk flower arrangements in the Chapel which are perfect for a Wedding - no need to spend exta money on flowers there!
There is a pretty strong echo but all of our guests said they could hear us loud and clear.
There is no cost for use of the Chapel but you must qualify or have a family member qualify for use of the Old Post Chapel. You will need to pay for organist & officiant and possibly a day of coordinator depending on the time of day you request. If you have the opportunity, I highly recommend hosting your Wedding ceremony here!
Reviewed On 1/03/2015 by Kelley G
1. Beautiful Inside and outside.
2. Right next to an entrance into the Arlington Cemetery. We offered for our guests to walk to see the changing of the guard in-between the ceremony and reception. We gave them a little map ...
with information on how to get there and it aloud them to site-see since they were all from out of town.
3. No decorations needed. The chapel is so naturally pretty you don't really need any extra flowers our decor.
4. FREE!! There is no cost for the use of the chapel by eligible applicants (military).
1. You have limited time within the Chapel. Wedding can not exceed 55 minutes. Thats for decor, ceremony, pictures, and clean-up.
2. Services can only be held at certain times of the day. Weddings on saturdays can only be at 1000, 1130, 1300, and 1430 hours. There is (one) 1900 hour saturday wedding scheduled per month. No weddings are scheduled at any other time during the week. Rehearsals are conducted on Friday evenings at 1600, 1700, 1800, or 1900.
3. The stereo system is not good. However it does carry sound very well at voice level for the official and your spoken vows. For music we used two Brookstone Outdoor Wireless Speakers placed at the front and back of the church. The person controlling the speakers from a wireless dock and was able to sit in the pew to stop/play all the songs. It sounded quite good too.