Contemporary Photography & Hi-Def Video

Your love story is unique and we'd love to help you tell the story of your most romantic day with our gorgeous photography and high-definition video. We have the experience you can trust to capture and preserve the beauty, emotion and even the tiniest of details.

Classic, Documentary, Editorial, Fine Art, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Bow2010
Bow2008 09
Bow2008
Bow2007

Our main office is located at:, Schaumburg, IL., IL

video

Reviewed on 5/22/2014 Amanda G

Videographer was very nice and fun

Great Photographer

Reviewed on 10/24/2013 Sarah F

Vlad was amazing to work with. He had great ideas for pictures and was very fun to work with. At the same time he was not overbearing on our wedding day and was just over all great to work with!

Gorgeous Pictures

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Leslie J

A friend of ours recommended Modern Image Studios and I was thrilled! Vlad was the photographer for our wedding and he did such an amazing job! From the original contact with Kelly in the office to the finished product my expectations were exceeded! If you are looking for a great photographer, you can't go wrong with Modern Image!

photos

Reviewed on 5/13/2015 Rick W

We got married on April 11, 2015 and had Abel for our Photographer. We had him do our Engagement Photos back in October and were excited when we saw them and new that we were in good hands for our wedding. The day of the wedding Abel was both professional and personal and made us and the wedding party and guests very comfortable. Abel was so friendly and outgoing and his photographs were beautiful. Nick was our videographer and he did an awesome job. The staff at the studio was friendly and always answered any questions as quick as possible. Would highly, recommend Abel to anyone looking for a photographer

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 Keith G

Well, I'll start with the fact that our wedding was in September and we've heard from the studio only a couple times since then. We have no idea the status of our album and video, but did get a chance to look at the proofs. Honestly, they were average at best. I don't think they did a good job of touching up, and the color is just ok. As for the photographer and videographer, they were ok. They stayed out of the way, but didn't really do a good job of coordinating the pictures or motions. I had to constantly hunt down the photographer to ask for a certain pic, and he missed on some key ones (e.g. a pic of my mother with us). If I were you, I'd go elsewhere.

Excellent Choice

Reviewed on 3/09/2015

We chose Modern Image Studios to photograph our wedding after two of our close friends used them. All I can say is this was one of the best choices we could have possibly made. Everyone we worked with (Gerry, Kelly, and photographer Bridget) were amazing. All of them are so genuine, kind, helpful....I could go on and on. I highly, highly recommend using them for your big day! You won't be sorry!!!!!

Immediately Made Us Feel Comfortable and We LOVED Our Photographer

Reviewed on 2/27/2015 Nicole

We LOVED our photographer Abel Arciniega! My husband and I had a very difficult time choosing a photographer...until we found Modern Image Studios. We were immediately comfortable with everyone we were in contact with. The staff was very prompt in replying to any emails or phone calls, and was very easy to work with. We absolutely fell in love with our photographer Abel. Honestly, I cannot say enough wonderful things about him. He is absolutely fantastic. I was a very stressed out bride, and he immediately made me feel comfortable. While taking pictures at my parents’ home, I slipped on the back of my dress and would have fallen on the ground if he had not caught me. He literally kept me from falling over. I knew our pictures were in “good hands” from that point forward. During some family photos after our ceremony, our 4 year old flower girl started to cry. Abel was so sweet and helped her calm down. I’m not sure what Abel gave her (it looked like a garage door remote control), but he told her he needed her for an important job and to press the button when he told her. I don’t know if this little gadget actually did anything photography related, or if Abel was just prepared knowing that little kids can get overwhelmed. Either way, we have beautiful family pictures where everyone was smiling, so I will be forever thankful for Abel and that little gadget. We were married on a cold and snowy March 2014 day. During our reception, my husband and I decided we wanted to take a picture in the gazebo outside of our reception hall. The pathway was not shoveled, and there was probably about a foot of snow to walk through to get to the gazebo. Abel said he was game to walk through the snow if we were. Let me tell you, my husband and I have gorgeous pictures outside in the gazebo with snow falling around us. I HIGHLY recommend working with Modern Image Studios and choosing Abel Arciniega as a photographer. Our wedding pictures were everything we hoped for, and we will never be able to think of our wedding day without remembering how wonderful it was to work with Abel.

Vicki was GREAT

Reviewed on 1/15/2015 Evann R

I selected this vendor, due to us using Savvi for our tuxes. I am soo glad I did. We got to hand pick our photographer based on their work. We chose Vicki due to her detail in the small things. On the big day, she made my day soo much easier. She gave ideas and even liked ours that we had on the spot. She laughed with us and at us. She was soo great. She caught those little moments that I wanted. Plus i didn't realize how many photos she got. But they all turned out great. I am very Thankful that i chose her!

Good value and great photographer

Reviewed on 12/31/2014 Erin K

Modern Image was helpful from the beginning. Our initial consulting appointment was good, we got to view slideshow portfolios of various photographers who were available for our day specifically (though it would have been nice to be able to view them from home too). Our photographer, Vlad, was fantastic. He was non-stop working and provided us with direction when we needed it, but was also a fly on the wall during the big day (most of the time, I didn't even know he was there!) Overall it was a good value and I would definitely recommend this business.

Loved!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Megan C

I went through Modern Image studios for my wedding pictures and I couldn't be more happy with them! My photographer was amazing, and had such a great attention to detail and the pictures turned out great! She actually captured my both of my brothers REAL smiles, and I am not sure that had ever happened. The company is really easy to work with, and they were very attentive to my many questions and got back to me in a timely manor. I recommend using them, and would use them again for a special occasion!

Stress Free!! and SATISFIED... Above and beyone my expectations.

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Angie M

Planning a wedding is stressful! the last thing you want to worry about is your vendors not keeping up with you! Look no further!!! Modern image studios is amazing. I purchased the most expensive photo package and video. I am more than happy. This company went above and beyond my expectations. Always on the same page, and if I needed ANYTHING they were there. I could call whenever and always have my questions answered. Called back efficiently. Even after my wedding event they were more than happy to guide me through the website to download my pictures, and review our contract to make sure I got everything I paid for. EXTREMELY HELPFUL AND CARING!!!!! I had Bridget as a photographer. She is just incredible!! made my bridal party laugh hysterically and made us feel so comfortable. She helped pose us when we needed. My pictures turned out great. I cant wait to show them off because im so proud of my decision to go with this company. I had complete and total confidence in this vendor, which is hard to find. I HIGHLY recommend this company. Your wedding day WILL be captured!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Michelle A

We used Modern Image for both photography and videography and both we outstanding! Our pictures and videos were beautiful! We can't have asked for anything better. Julie and Vlad made the day feel so fun and natural while still getting all the pictures that we needed! It was really important that we made cocktail hour on time and they respected that so we weren't outside taking a million pictures (our bridal party also appreciated that). The videographers Jim and Nick were also wonderful! The footage that we have seen so far is great! And they weren't like so videographers like I have seen that flash the bright light in your face while on the dance floor, which is super embarrassing! All and all I would hands down recommend Modern Image for any bride and groom!

RUN!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Kim K

This has got to be, by far, the worst company of all time. We booked a photography package with Modern Wedding Solutions through Savvi Formalwear and paid in full at the time of booking. We didn't hear from anyone within the company until two weeks before our wedding, despite our frequent calls to Savvi which is how we were told to communicate with MWS. We were given the name of at least three different people who would be working our event and by the time we finally met with our photographer, it was someone else completely. And this person, although very professional and seemingly competent, was a new contractor with MWS and had no clue what was included with our package or even how to go about obtaining all the extras we were promised with booking. Since the wedding, on August 23, 2014, we've tried contacting them regarding our pictures and they let us know it would take 30 days. It is now over 30 days and we still have no pictures and no communication from anyone. Modern Wedding Solutions is a headache and a joke.

Great Quality and Value!

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Jaime H

I was referred to Modern Image Studio by a friend. She used them for her wedding and had nothing but good things to say so we decided to check them out, especially after we got a quote from another photography business in Naperville who started at $3,500 (and that was the starting price JUST for photography). The price from Modern Image included photography and videography and was hundreds less. I got to speak with our photographer, Bridget, beforehand and express what was important to us, go over timeline, express details, and ask questions. This eased my anxiety about what would happen on the "day of" and I was eternally grateful for this additional consultation from our photographer. On our wedding day, it was amazing to watch Bridget immediately understand who was family and who was part of the bridal party and collect those defining pictures of the night; every time we wanted her to take a picture, she was already there. The pictures turned out even better than I could have imagined and the proofs were available in about 3 weeks! Amazing. I would definitely use them again and recommend them to all brides.

Fantastic Experience!

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 Jamie F

I would highly recommend Modern Image. I have worked with them as both a member of the wedding party and as the Bride. Both times the photographers were professional, timely, and of the highest quality. The turnaround time from event to finished product was always faster than expected and the format of files makes it easy to download, save, share, and print pictures. The admin team is also super helpful and understanding of budget, deadlines, and the process that goes into planning the perfect day. The opportunity to work with the same photographer for both the engagement shoot and the wedding is something that I loved and made us feel so comfortable! We have already recommended Modern Image Studios to friends planning their wedding in the Chicago area and will continue to do so for years to come. Definitely a top notch organization worthy of all the accolades they have received!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Gleena L

Modern Image Studios helped my husband and I put together the perfect package of photo and video for our wedding. Our photographer Marta was amazing! She had so much energy and enthusiasm during both our engagement shoot and wedding day! She had great ideas and definitely captured the moment. Everyone at modern was professional and very easy to work with. They returned calls immediately and are all very willing to help. We actually got our flowers from modern as well and they were GORGEOUS! Lauren was amazing at picking out the colors that matched my wedding theme. She was always willing to help and the ladies who delivered our flowers were so friendly. They even stayed at the church to make sure everyone got their flowers on properly. I couldn't have asked for anything more. Modern Image studies is amazing!

Absolutely stunning work

Reviewed on 9/11/2014 Ketki S

Modern Image Studios is the BEST! I have already recommended them to numerous other brides and tell everyone I meet who comments on my wedding photos. I can't wait to see my video! Mario photographed our engagement portraits, and he was light hearted and wonderful. The shots were carefree and photojournalistic. We had a traditional indian wedding so with numerous events, we also had Art photograph our traditional song and dance "sangeet" and he was absolutely AMAZING! For our wedding day, we carefully chose Julie V. after looking at her portfolio and I can honestly say she was the best decision we made through all of our vendors. Each and every one of my photos is stunning. We are so lucky we were able to have three brilliant photographers be part of our love story. I am a very picky bride and trust me, book with Modern Image Studios---you will not be disappointed! I cannot wait to enlarge some of my photos and hang up on the wall! Memories to last a lifetime.

Modern Image was wonderful!

Reviewed on 9/01/2014 Ashley F

Modern Wedding Solutions did a wonderful job to capture some of the best moments in our wedding. We have so many images to look back at, over 1800! Its been so hard to pick the photos we want to use for the album because we have so many favorites. Jeff Owen was our main photographer and he has a great personality and was so fun to work with. The entire bridal party had fun taking photos including three children, ages four and under! I highly recommend Modern wedding solutions to anyone looking to capture the true happiness at your wedding!!

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 8/11/2014 Colleen H

I could not have imagined a better photographer than Bridget! She was AMAZING! She was so easy to work with, she had such great shots and poses for us to take pictures in. I CANNOT wait to see what our pictures look like. Both me and my husband were pretty laid back when it came to what pictures we wanted to take and how we should stand and everything and Bridget knew exactly what to do. And to top it off we had a wedding party that included lots of kids (especially some little ones who aren't the best at paying attention and taking pictures) and she did a great job. She was always there to capture the shot when an unexpected yet magical moment was taking place and she was also there to help make some of those magical pictures. As a bride, you don't want to have to worry about whether your photographer is going to be getting those special shots that you want on your wedding day and with Bridget I didn't have to worry at all. I will say it again, she was AMAZING! I would hire her again and again and again to take pictures for all of the future milestones in our life. This company comes highly recommended by both me and my husband. They were just great to work with and I could not have asked for more.

Amazing Job Modern Image!!

Reviewed on 7/15/2014 Kylie C

My husband and I were married on May 25th, 2014 in downtown Chicago. Our ceremony was at Wrigley Square (in Millennium Park) and our reception was at Untitled in River North. Modern Image did an AMAZING job with our photos and video. They were extremely professional, yet casual enough to make the day comfortable and fun! We didn't feel like we were constantly posing for pictures and got a good variety of candid and set up shots. They were so flexible and let us do our thing with site selection (all across downtown) but were also there to provide input and an artistic touch to give us an overall phenomenal finished product. We could not have been happier - great service, great value, amazing quality, and extremely professional and fun. Thanks so much Gerry and the Modern Image Team - Kylie & Tom

My Wedding Day

Reviewed on 7/13/2014 Carly B

Very Professional. I unfortunately did not get a full picture of my dress with it on or a traditional pose with the entire wedding party but photographers were excellent and the pictures taken turned out beautiful. I would highly recommend.

Great Photographer!

Reviewed on 6/13/2014 Marie R

We found a great package with Modern Images! The photographer was great. He took formal, informal, fun, and artistic shots! Not only are there pictures of us and our wedding party, but also lots of guest photos. It was clear that our photographer was enjoying the event as much as we were. We now have the difficult task of deciding, which of all those photos we'll have made into prints and/or books.

Awesome pictures

Reviewed on 3/24/2014 Nicole S

Our photographer, Joe Nowak, was fun and took amazing pictures.

Nice video

Reviewed on 3/08/2014 Annie G

Modern Image studios did a nice job of capturing my wedding day in motion. The videographer paid close attention to detail, and kept the camera rolling through all of the important moments of our special day. We have been a little disappointed with some of the editing process and the lack of communication to receive our final product, but overall, we were very satisfied with their services.

Modern to the Max

Reviewed on 1/15/2014 Dana S

If you want a photographer that will take amazing posed pictures of the wedding party that look like they should be published in every bride magazine, this is a perfect photographer. If you want a hint of traditional that captures the emotion of the day, this photographer would not be my choice. As the mother of the bride, I just wanted one traditional picture of the bride and groom in the front of the church with her full flowing gown (you know, the main wedding picture that every couple has since the dawn of time) and it is sorely missing from the photos. The precious time spent between the bride and her father the 15 minutes before the wedding - ignored, no photos. Pictures of the parents of the bride or the parents of the groom together at any point in the wedding - none. Pictures of the bride and her parents before the wedding - none. When the photographer was taking pictures of each bridesmaid individually with the bride, I asked if he would take one of me with the bride. One of only two pictures of my daughter and I together. At least a good posed photo of the family of the bride - nope, not that either. The family picture has the father bedside the bride and the mother of the bride beside the groom (good start) and then all five brothers of the bride lumped beside the mother. So if modern posed pictures are what you are looking for, they were absolutely gorgeous. If you are hoping to get in a couple of basic pictures that capture the emotion of the day, be sure to discuss that in depth with the photographer before the wedding day. Because once it is gone, you don't get another chance. From the mom who has missed out forever on the classic wedding picture of her only daughter.

TO Modern Image Studios