Morning Glory Inn

Pittsburgh, PA

Book Your Wedding with Morning Glory Inn

A HISTORIC VENUE IN PITTSBURGH, PA

Morning Glory Inn, a quaint but charming bed-and-breakfast less than three miles from the Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh and tucked away from the historic Southside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Formerly a row of townhouses, the off-the-beaten-path venue was built in the mid 1800s. It features an 1892 Victorian atmosphere with its original brick courtyard, retractable roofs, cast-iron fences and elaborately carved woodwork. The elegant yet laid-back inn often presents garden party themed weddings and personal celebrations.

The cobblestone courtyard combines rustic elements with modern day features. Original bricks dating from the 1860s paved the courtyard while sparkling golden lights hang about the verdant trees. Crawling vines and bright flowers cover the wooden lattices around the yard. Couples who choose to marry on the courtyard say their vows in front of a wrought-iron arbor adorned with blooming flowers. At night, lanterns light up the space with warm, magical lights.

Smaller receptions are accommodated inside the inn. If the bed-and-breakfast is rented for the day, the inn reserves the whole space for the couple and their guess and allows access to every room in the inn for more space. A retractable awning is placed beforehand in case of unfavorable weather and a tent may be rented for additional shade as requested.

The owners of the bed-and-breakfast have a list of vendor recommendations from the catering service to lighting and audio visual rentals and technicians. These businesses have contributed to past events at the inn. Additional choices may be used with consent from the owners.

The late 1800s Victorian-inspired inn features gorgeous interiors and the owners feel that the space requires no additional decorations or enhancements. Any decor changes, such as additional flowers, lights or use of sparklers must be approved by the owners and is subject to approval.

It's recommended to reserve the inn a few days before the actual wedding in order to settle in and prepare for the event in a timely manner. To help the couple in planning their wedding, the inn offers an interactive online questionnaire that takes note of the wedding details and allows the Morning Glory Inn to prepare for the event.

For daytime celebrations, the inn lets couples stay the night after the event. Couples renting the whole inn a week before the wedding to stay in and use the amenities of the inn together with their guests. Complimentary breakfast awaits all the occupants of the inn the next day.

For couples dreaming of a church wedding, the historic Heinz Memorial Chapel is just 8 minutes away from the Morning Glory Inn and makes a solemn setting for ceremonies. The inn is also near historic landmarks and offers easy access to the following attractions:

• Great Allegheny Passage trail
  • Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh
  • Pittsburgh Opera
  • Pittsburgh Zoo
  • Pittsburgh Children Museum
  • Sandcastle Water Park

Pittsburgh Wedding Venue

Enjoy a lovely Pittsburgh wedding at Morning Glory Inn. Each celebration is a unique experience where so many begin their lives together. Our venue has been voted "Best Wedding" by The Knot for the past four years, and we take pride in this compliment.

Historic Venue, Park, Tented

Planning

2119 Sarah Street, Pittsburgh, PA (866) 431-1707

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Andrea R

The Morning Glory Inn could have been more perfect for my sister's intimate wedding. Everything was seamless, comfortable and the venue was absolutely stunning. We loved the friendly and knowledgeable staff- Brittany was running the show from start to finish so that everyone was... Read More free to enjoy themselves. My sister was able to save on time and cost by choosing this venue because it put everything in one place- the wedding planner role was fulfilled by the Morning Glory Inn staff (Brittany), the beautiful flowers and reception space were already set up, and the changeover was seamless from ceremony to reception...All we had to do was show up. Having the ceremony, reception, after party, hotel night, and brunch in one location made it easy to relax and soak up time with all the guests. There were also so many areas for guests to gather and hang out. A group of family and friends stayed up until 1:30 am in the living room playing music and visiting- it was wonderful to have a space to keep the party going. I would highly recommend this space for any future brides. The elegant, ornate inside allows for gorgeous 'getting ready' photos and the outdoor area is like a romantic flower garden oasis. I cannot imagine a better venue for a Pittsburgh wedding! Wish I could give it TEN STARS!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Ben L

Morning Glory was a fantastic B&B and location for my sister in-law's small family wedding (About 30 people). Very charming, rustic, but refined farm-house feel right on the south side of Pittsburgh. Close to lots of shops and restaurants, so it was easy to run errands while... Read More getting ready, but once the event began, it was our own little oasis. The staff was courteous and informative without lording over the whole experience the way some planners tend to do. It made us feel right at home, like we had the place to ourselves and all the guests were able to relax and truly enjoy the night. My wife and I stayed overnight in "The Attic." It was a spacious multi-level room with an extremely comfortable king bed. Woke up the next morning to a fantastic breakfast completely refreshed after an evening of celebrating. A wonderful experience I would highly recommend

Reviewed on 5/15/2017

The Morning Glory Inn was exactly the type of venue that the bride and groom had hoped for- INTIMATELY CASUAL AND YET CASUALLY ELEGANT! The ceremony, meal, and after party were held in the courtyard that has a European ambiance. The carefully selected catered food was... Read More exceptional. The wine and beer (provided by the family) was served from a pretty gazebo by a lovely staff member. All aspects of the event from the guest's arrival, through the ceremony, to the meal, and after party dancing were smoothly choreographed by a staff that was cordial, helpful and extremely accommodating! The 2 large, elegant, high ceiling, adjoining living rooms complete with baby grand piano provided the perfect spot for the talented group to sing and play guitar for the "After" after party. The Inn's floral arrangements abounded throughout! The lush , and considerably established landscaping complete with huge old oaks, Japanese Maple, rhododendrons, to name only a few, enveloped the outside brick courtyard . The guest bedrooms had a Victorian charm and the sheets were sumptuous! The morning after breakfast for the entire wedding party and guests was equally as wonderful! Parking right out front was not a problem for us as we were provided with a beautiful "ribboned" parking pass ! My husband and myself (as parents of the Groom) are thankful for the service that was provided to our son and now, our Beautiful Daughter-in-law by The Morning Glory Inn. Thanks to David, Brittany, and Joy. From beginning to end The Morning Glory enabled them to plan & enjoy a most lovely, stress-free, and joyful event ! What a marvelous memory to cherish into the future !! Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Sara A

Love the venue and love the people. Dave is funny but he's great to deal with and really tries to make it the least stressful wedding planning. I have Chelsey as my day of coordinator and she's been amazing thus far! I'm big on communication and it's been a breeze communicating... Read More with Morning Glory especially Chelsey. Can't wait for the wedding to occur, it's going to be wonderful. PS it's worth every penny

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Jean N

We attended a wonderful wedding at Morning Glory Inn! The guests really enjoyed the different venue as it was like a big cocktail party with everyone mingling all night long. Hats off to the chef who created amazing farm-to-table selections for the guests and had them... Read More scattered throughout the venue at food stations. We arrived earlier in the week and were well taken care of by Dave and Joy!

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Barbara S

Amazing venue! The ladies are so helpful and so sweet!! Could not have been more happy with how everything turned out!! Very detailed and thorough!!

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Aliya K

Such a pretty and cute place! It would be a 5/5 but the owner was less than polite.

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Kollie G

I don't know where I could even begin to express how beautiful and wonderful my wedding at MGI was. Brittany made every single second of the process fun, easy, and AMAZING! Our guests loved the venue, and it provided the casual, yet classy feel that was so important to my... Read More husband and I. We were able to rent out the venue for the entire wedding weekend. The hospitality shown to us by Brittany, Chelsea, and Joy was wonderful. Our food from Fish Hawk Acres was delicious and Dale, and his assistant Debbie, were so easy and fun to work with. Dave, the owner, was our first point of contact with MGI and helped us book our wedding date. During the wedding weekend, Dave was very helpful and friendly 99% of the time. We had two experiences, involving Dave, that affected the overall experience: 1) he was less than welcoming to my mother bringing her flower arrangements to the venue which was upsetting to her, and me, the morning of the wedding and 2) he brought a couple to tour through the inn as my bridesmaids and I got ready. While I would never care that a couple was there for a tour, we were not told about it, nor acknowledge (not even a "hello" or " excuse us") as the couple and Dave walked right through the room (and through the girls) where we were all getting ready. All of that aside, our experience was absolutely fabulous, the experience included SO MUCH and we cannot imagine a better place to become husband and wife. I have said it before, but I must say it again, our coordinator Brittany knocked everything out of the park and I am certain she is a large part of the reason that our wedding was so special and why we loved our venue so much. The entire bridal party loved her and felt they could go to her with any concern or question throughout the entire weekend. I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a unique experience for a smaller number of guests. We had 82 guests and it was perfect.

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Laura F

We had our daughters wedding in June 2017 and was very impressed with everything at the Morning Glory. Brittany and Emily are so professional and put up with my OCD tendencies. Our daughter was able to put her vision into the decorations and the place was beautiful This is... Read More not your cookie cutter venue hall or barn - your guests will be impressed with the quant feeling, the food - USE FISH HAWK CATERING, and the entire evening. Thank you Brittany and Emily!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Marlena Z

MGI was everything that we wanted for our wedding ceremony and reception. The moment we saw the photo online of the courtyard/Garden at night and all the lights were on, we said that this is our venue. I love everything about the venue, from the decor to the flowers. The Staff... Read More was exceptional. I spoke to Emily mainly in the beginning when planning everything and she did such a great job at answering all of my questions and concerns. Brittany helped me with the final questions and final details and did an absolute fantastic job on the day of our wedding. Brittany and Chelsea made sure everything was perfect and checked up on my bridesmaids, groomsmen, Parents and made everyone feel so comfortable. We picked Fish Hawk Acres for our catering. Dale and his staff did such a fantastic job on the food, our guest were talking about it for weeks after the wedding. All of our guests spoke about how beautiful the venue was and loved every minute of being there. Our day went so smoothly and we had so much fun. It was everything that I imagined my day being. Our wedding party stayed over night with us, we had the entire venue to ourselves, and had a garden breakfast the next morning and Joy made such a delicious breakfast. I highly recommend having your wedding here. Thank you again MGI Staff and Dale! Henry and I will forever be grateful for making our day so beautiful!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Raymone G

I loved the atmosphere of the Morning Glory Inn. I feel that the ambiance made a special day that more special. I also enjoyed the breakfast.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Maggie L

One of the first things almost all of our wedding guests commented on was how beautiful and perfect this venue was-- and that was my general impression of Morning Glory Inn as well. From the start Dave and his team worked closely with us to ensure that we understand every steps... Read More of the wedding procedure. They took good care of us and our guests during our stay, and our wedding coordinator, Brittany was also very helpful and accommodating to our requests! As someone who does not have any clue how a wedding should go, I really appreciate Dave setting a timeline out for us and coordinating with everyone this effectively. Because of their experience and their professionalism I find myself a lot less stressed out in my wedding planning process! Be sure to check them out if you want a unique, relaxing and intimate wedding!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Caitlin J

We were here for a wedding the Friday before Memorial Day and everything was absolutely perfect! The food was great, the atmosphere was beautiful and the rooms were lovely to stay in. It was a great space for a smaller wedding and everyone had a great time! We were lucky enough... Read More to stay over so we got the full experience and it was honestly one of the best weddings I've ever been to! The staff was lovely to interact with!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Megan M

Excellent atmosphere. Casual, non traditional, beautiful garden-like wedding without tacky decorations. Rooms were large and comfortable. Everyone associated with Morning Glory went above and beyond for the wedding party, friends and family. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue... Read More for anyone looking for a relaxed, intimate wedding.

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Kathy V

Absolutely beautiful garden Wonderful staff Excellent venue

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Angela Y

We just had our wedding there and it was PERFECT!!!! The venue is so lovely and the staff was amazing. Brittany was our event coordinator and went above and beyond. She was so sweet and kind and VERY attentive to our every need! We had fishawk acres as our caterer and we have... Read More gotten so many compliments on our food!! We are so happy we decided on the MGI! M

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Benjamin L

Loved the venue and the accommodations. The rooms are amazing and the style of the entire place is outstanding. The ambiance is incredible and makes you feel a world away from Pittsburgh's Southside. Its a little get away that is close to places you can easily go to after with... Read More following the reception if you wish.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Naomi M

What a beautiful venue! The Morning Glory Inn hosted the most intimate and picturesque wedding I've ever attended-- and I've been to many. The staff was extremely hospitable, the food was exquisite, and it was awfully convenient to stumble up to our own room after the reception... Read More was over. Fantastic!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Ashley M

Great patio, intimate, perfect for 25-50 person wedding

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Joshua R

Beautiful space for a small, intimate wedding. Tons of character without feeling overdone or contrived. Outdoor courtyard is magnificent and was the perfect setting. The staff were super nice and accommodating. Only positive things

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Ali C

Pros: The Venue itself is beautiful and romantic. Brittany, Joy and Chelsea were a huge help the entire time. Brittany was unbelieveably attentive and sweet for the entire day. They have a preferred vendor list, which we picked Fish Hawk Acres for food and Jason Kendall... Read More Productions, both were unbelievable. We used Jospeh Costa for the DJ and he was AMAZING. For photography and videography we used Arianna Marie Photography, out of the state of Indiana, and Casey Wertz Cinematography for video production( Kanas City, MO). They were seamless, professional and intimate. They knew just what we wanted without even having to say it. Cons: When we originally met Dave, the owner, and took a look at the venue I knew he wasn't going to be easy to deal with I assumed being in the hospitallity business that maybe he was having a bad day, and that he would be better next time. But boy was I wrong, all the way up until our actual wedding he was a hassle. He is set in his ways, down right rude and hard to deal with. He is not open to you having a say in anything. We arrived at the venue a few hours before the ceremony started in great spirits excited for the day and the moment we got there he was HIGHLY unprofessional. He screamed at us, because we were talking and excited and from that point forward I chose to deal with brittany. Which she literally came to the rescue and reset everything. The place is beautiful and wonderful but for the amount of money you spend to have a wedding there and to have to deal with a grump, isn't worth it. If Dave wasn't the man you had to deal with, at all, I would of given this place a 5 star review. The women at the venue need to handle things because they are understanding, sensitive to the fact a wedding is a life milestone and most importantly personable. My advice is if you're interested in the venue, look at it, fall in love and deal strictly with Brittany.

2017-05-11T08:49:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize that you were not entirely pleased with your special day. It is extremely disappointing to us to hear this type of feedback and we take this very serious. We have met and discussed this matter and we... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Michaelle C

Our experience at Morning Glory Inn for our wedding exceeded our expectations. We could not imagine holding our wedding anywhere else. The staff was outstanding, they made us feel at home the entire time. There focus was 100% on our family and friends. My guests raved about... Read More how quaint and comfortable they felt and how the evening was so personal and memorable. We would highly recommend MGI to any bride and groom looking for a enchanting wedding venue.

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Rebecca K

The inn was so clean. I had the best breakfast Friday morning! I would love to come back!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Natasha B

The venue appearance was beautiful. The owner was down right rude and bossy. We were not told the owner would have full control of the wedding. The inn decided the placement of all decorations, gift tables, and guest book. The ordering and timing of events is totally dictated by... Read More him. He locked our guests outside during the cake cutting and was mad that someone needed to use the bathroom. He wanted the first dance of the couple immediately after the cake cutting. When the brides sister in law wanted to hustle the brides dress he asked if that was really nesecessary. Not like she was going to trip on it. Upon arrival and getting ready the maid of honor asked for coffee, in a room with a kruerig in it. She was told the kruerig was for morning guests. Well the bridal party including herself had rented all the rooms for the next morning. She ended up paying for coffee from a coffee shop down the street. The owner yelled at the mother of the bride to yell for his employee up a set of stairs that the mother didn't even know. The owner is in the background of most candid pictures with arms crossed glaring. He also told ppl where they could and couldn't stand in the court yard during the ceremony not knowing who was who. Close family including step father of the bride was told to stand back. I am a hairdresser / make up artist and wedding coordinator I have never seen someone being so over bearing without permission at a wedding. Guests were making comments about his rudeness all evening.

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Mar S

Even though it rained during the ceremony the Wedding was wonderful and Dave the Owner and Staff did a wonderful job of making sure the venue and service was excellent .We received many compliments after ..... .Thanks again ...Sutch/Cogsdell Wedding