Oak Ridge Hotel and Conference Center

Chaska, MN

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

"We Do"

Overlooking beautiful Lake McKnight, Oak Ridge offers award-winning cuisine, dedicated wedding planners, indoor/outdoor venues, stylish guest rooms, and more. We promise to be true to the wedding of your dreams.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Hotel, Park

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff, Shuttle Service

1 Oak Ridge Drive, Chaska, MN

An absolute dream come true!

Reviewed on 11/26/2010 Sarah R

I could spend all day raving about Oak Ridge and still not have told you how much we loved our experience there! Everything, from our first visit touring the venue, to our complimentary breakfast with family and friends the day after our wedding was impressive, professional and... Read More fun. They worked with us on our budget and helped us create the wedding of our dreams. When people ask us what we change about our wedding day we cannot come up with a single thing. Nine months after our wedding/reception we are still constantly complimented on how beautiful the venue was, how unique the setting, how friendly the staff, and on and on. We had both our ceremony and our reception at Oak Ridge and, after looking at several other venues where the ceremony would be held in the lobby area, we couldn't have been more pleased with the way Oak Ridge conducts their ceremonies. It never felt, or looked, at all like a lobby, but instead like the fabulous and unique venue we fell in love with. The fireplace and floor-to-ceiling windows add such a beautiful and unique backdrop. Even our photographer kept saying how beautiful it was there. As a bride, I of course had questions leading up to "the big day" regarding the time line for the evening, how things would be set up, etc. Their wonderful Wedding Coordinator, Samantha, promptly responded to any inquiry I had and always put my mind at ease. Our wedding was an absolute dream come true and I was able to simply enjoy the day/evening, without worrying about a single thing. Samantha kept everyone on a schedule so that the evening flowed according to plan, but without making us feel rushed or pressured to get from one activity to the next. The amazing staff there deserves kudos as well. Everyone, from the people that checked us in to the hotel, all the way to the people who graciously helped my aunts and mother put on the "finishing touches" at the reception tables, were friendly, funny and professional. Again...enough good things cannot be said about Oak Ridge and their staff. If you do decide to use them, be prepared to have a fabulous experience planning, a wedding that will exceed your every expectation and memories that will stay with you and your guests for years to come!

Above and beyond!!!

Reviewed on 11/28/2011 Vanessa L

The staff at oak ridge is AMAZING!!! I cant say it enough, and the guests at my wedding cant say it enough either! From the coordinator who is with you every step of the way, to the wait staff, bartenders and front desk personnel everyone at Oak Ridge goes above and beyond to... Read More ensure that you get exactly what you want, and that your day is perfect from start to finish. Oak Ridge was my venue for our ceremony AND reception and the whole evening was flawless. Included in the cost for this vendor were the following: catering, cake, flowers, runners, and ceremony space.

Reviewed on 10/04/2011 carrie p

Oak Ridge offers wedding packages that make planning your wedding fun and easy. The staff is absolutely amazing--you get your own wedding planner that helps you every step of the way and on your wedding day the whole hotel goes out of their way to make it go smoothly and stress... Read More free. While the package prices may initially look a little pricey, you are getting an incredible value for everything that is included. Our guests were raving about the venue and the food--I'm still getting compliments 2 weeks after the fact. My husband and I were blown away by this place and we can't recommend it enough!

Planning my wedding out of state was made easy with Oak Ridge

Reviewed on 11/29/2014 Jessalyn G

I had my ceremony and reception at Oak Ridge and it truly was perfect. When I first went looking for a venue I was very disappointed. Nothing was standing out to me, until I visited Oak Ridge. I walked in and their fireplace and floor to ceiling windows were an instant WOW... Read More factor. It wasn't a big, boring, squared ballroom which I loved. Then we started talking details. It seemed a bit expensive, but the package really came with a lot! It included, in addition to food - floral centerpieces (that's huge), cake, champagne toast, and a hour of open bar. It was totally worth the money spent. The coordinator I worked one on one with was so helpful! The staff was also great and very helpful. The day of went smoothly and I really didn't worry about much. If I had to do it all over again I would still pick Oak Ridge.

Wedding at OakRidge

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Anissa M

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Oakridge this past June. The Venue was absolutely amazing, Patty, our wedding coordinator did an amazing job. She answered every question and put up with my many emails! This is a great value for your money, we went with the middle... Read More package- I definitely recommend. Got many compliments on the food and cake! This package included everything, meal,social hour, champagne and wine pours during supper, and cake! I will be recommending this venue to all my friends/family!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Heidi B

We had our wedding at Oak Ridge Sept 2014. The service they provided was amazing. They make everything super simple and easy and provide everything from center pieces to the cake. Made my job as the bride a whole lot less stressfull piecing different vendors together. The... Read More venue is beautiful and the food was amazing, we had nothing but compliments from our guests.

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Kristin R

My husband and I got married and had our reception at Oak Ridge this past June and it was the PERFECT day/night! Everything went extremely smooth - and Patty was great to work with. I would 100% recommend them to anyone looking for a venue for their wedding! In fact, when we... Read More checked out the morning after, they asked how it was and my exact response was "perfect!"

It was a great day to get married in Minnesota

Reviewed on 10/10/2014

What can I say other than everything went smoothly. I am sure something went wrong as something always does. However we have thought and thought and discussed it all to much and we still can't figure out what it was. Maybe there was a wrinkle in one of the table coverings.... Read More Whatever it was no one noticed and everyone thought it was perfect. I believe it was. Samantha was a dream to work with. She provided guidance when we needed it and encouraged us do what we wanted when we had an idea. Questions were never a problem but rather an opportunity. The staff seemed like family. They seemed genuinely excited that we had chosen Oak Ridge and it was truly a pleasure to serve us and our guests. It is now a little over 3 months past our wedding and I still smile when I think of how well everything went and how well our guests were treated. If I owned a competing venue I would find a way to send my staff to Oak Ridge to get them trained.

Best Wedding Ever!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Jenna W

We are so pleased to say that Oak Ridge met and exceeded our expectations for the perfect wedding venue. We had our ceremony at a different location but spent the evening with incredible service, food and infinite memories that were made. Do not let the prices scare you -... Read More every cent is worth it!!! We used the twinkle lights package that I believe made the night even more magical, so I recommend that. Overall, it was a wedding that everyone continues to rave about and that is because of the Oak Ridge staff!! Thank you!!!

Best day of my life thanks to oak ridge

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Emily B

Having my wedding reception at Oak Ridge was the best decision I made for my wedding. My wedding consultant Patty Groves was amazing through out the process of wedding planning until the reception. All though there was other events going on that day she was always there making... Read More sure that things were taken care of. And you didn't even notice anything else going on...( which was AMAZINGLY NICE!!!) With the different options they have and food choices there wasn't anything they couldn't do. My family has multiple food allergies and they were very accommodating. They were very professional and kind and would highly recommend them to anyone looking to host a wedding or any event there. They made it very easy for me to relax during wedding planning and that was the best part!

Great waitstaff, but overall not happy

Reviewed on 10/05/2014 Chloe M

Although I had some good experiences with Oak Ridge, I was left very unhappy with the overall service and value for two reasons: 1) they lost some crafts and supplies we left there and we still haven't gotten them back, and 2) they're cheap and try to get every penny they can.... Read More I'll start this off by saying that this is an expensive venue. I knew that coming in and was okay with paying so much, because everything was included. The food was decent, the waitstaff was friendly and attentive, and the venue was beautiful. There were a few things that pissed me off. First, Samantha told me that both sets of parents (mine and my husband's) would have half their room price comped. I got married in June and this still has not happened. Second, they told us that we could store our craft supplies, etc. in a room and they would be kept safe until the next morning. In the morning, our stuff was missing. Apparently, one of the outside vendors (Festivities) had accidentally taken it. I thought, okay, no big deal, I'll just come pick it up next weekend. The next weekend came around and I drove 45 mins. one way and our stuff wasn't there. I emailed Samantha and she said we could come pick it up the next weekend. I drove the next weekend and only HALF of our missing items were there. Both Oak Ridge and Festivities deny that they have the rest of our things. My husband had left some tools there that were fairly expensive and they're lost. Third, the day before the wedding, I had planned to stay overnight in the hotel with my grandmother. At the last minute, my husband decided to stay with us too. When I told the front desk this, they said, "Well, if a third person is staying, then we'll need to add $10 more to the total." Really?? I'm shelling out thousands of dollars to have my wedding here and you can't just let my husband stay in our room with us? It seemed really cheap of them to do. TIP FOR FUTURE BRIDES: In the contract, there is a minimum that you have to reach (I think it's $13,000). Be warned - this minimum does not include tax or tip. What this means is that you have to spend $13,000 on just food and beverages and then you'll have the taxes and tips on top of that. I went wayyy over my budget because of this. The contract is worded in a way that's kind of confusing, so just read it carefully. I suggest having a lawyer read over it before you sign it. There were good things about Oak Ridge, but the bad experiences I had outweigh the good. I would not recommend this venue.

Amazing Venue!

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Jane B

I held my wedding at Oak Ridge Conference Center this past September 13 2014 and let me tell you, they do an amazing job!! Samantha Freimark is their event planner and I don't know what I would have done without her. She is extremely professional and has done a ton of weddings... Read More so she knows exactly what she is doing and makes sure your day runs perfect! This venue was on the upper end of our budget but what it includes makes it all worth it! They have three different inclusive packages to choose from or you can do an al la carte option and create your own! We ended up going with the Emerald Package (they highest package) because it included so much for one cost. (3 Hours of open bar, DJ, center pieces, ceremony space, reception décor, passed appetizers during cocktail hour, plated or buffet dinner, wine pour and champagne toast with dinner, bride and groom suite, wedding party rooms to get ready in, and sooo much more!) The food is outstanding, all of our guests raved about it! Another big reason we chose to go with Oak Ridge is the convenience factor. You can have your whole day happen right at Oak Ridge. We had our wedding outside, our cocktail hour on their large outdoor patio/deck, moved inside for dinner and dancing in their gorgeous reception space and since they have a hotel attached to the conference center everyone was able to stay they night as well! We did not have to worry about what guests would do between the ceremony and reception and also did not have to worry about shuttling guests to their hotels. It made the night that much more perfect! Again Oak Ridge is on the more expensive side but go check it out and if its in your budget I highly recommend it! Both you and your guests will not be disappointed!!!

AMAZING Venue!!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2013 Erin L

I worked with Samantha at Oak Ridge- she was FANTASTIC!!! From my frist emails she responded quickly and professionally! The way Oak ridge works we pretty much had a built in day of coordinator. The food is FANTASTIC!!! We had a smaller wedding (135) and our food minimums were... Read More easily met. Our reception was in the ballroom- I loved that we were more secluded. They did drape cloths and twinkle lights for free!!! I cannot say enough good things about this location!

Wonderful choice!

Reviewed on 10/10/2013 Jeanette T

We had both our ceremony and reception at Oak Ridge. We worked with Sam for our wedding and she was amazing to work with, and such a huge help! She was always quick to respond to all of my (many) questions and was so patient with me. Our wedding day was pretty much perfect!... Read More Our guests gave us a lot of compliments on our venue choice including the beautiful setting, the food, and the delicious cake. The staff did an incredible job!

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Shawn F

My husband and I used Oak Ridge for our recent wedding and we were so happy with how everything turned out! Especially the food and service. Samantha was our coordinator for our wedding and was incredibly patient with our questions and the ideas we bounced off her. She... Read More always seemed available and ready for more questions. A lot of people said the wedding was very organized, I just think it was Samantha! After the wedding we got so many compliments on the service and how they were on top of getting food and drinks out. We also got compliments on how nice the staff was. The food was also fantastic, even better then when we tried it in the tasting. Everyone loved the choices for dinner and late night food as well!

Most Accomodating Venue Ever!

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Jamie L

Oak Ridge did an absolutely outstanding job as our wedding reception venue!! All of our guests were raving about the awesome location, beautiful views/windows, delicious food, friendly staff, nice guest rooms, and overall wonderful experience. We also live out of state, so they... Read More were so accommodating and easy to work with, especially with us not being close by. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a beautiful, luxurious, fun, and hospitable reception venue!

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Danielle S

We had our wedding at Oak Ridge and it was amazing! Our coordinator was fabulous before, during, and even after our wedding! We couldn't have asked for a better place to have this life changing event!

Great facility, not-so great customer service

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 Pharon L

I really enjoyed staying at Oak Ridge, as did many of my other guests. However, they don't have a free shuttle available (costs a few hundred bucks, depending on how long you need to use it just to go back and forth from Hazeltine) and when issues came up with some of our... Read More guests, they were not the best with communicating with us. But overall, great facility (and breakfast!) but they can be a little difficult to work with.

Fast Planning

Reviewed on 8/20/2013 Hunter R

I planned my wedding at Oak Ridge with only 6 weeks before the big day. They absolutely catered to every need that I had!

Wonderful Place

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Beth A

Oak Ridge Hotel and Conference Center was absolutely wonderful! The staff was so kind and courteous to everyone! Everything that day went smoothly and Patty was so organized and wonderful to work with. The food was delicious, the prices were great and rooms were nice to stay in.

Absolutely Fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/21/2012 Samantha J

Oak Ridge was very professional about every need that we had, but also very genuinely excited for us! All the staff were doing everything they could to make our day as special as possible. We worked with Patty who was patient with my every question and concern. She was there... Read More for most of the night making sure everything went as planned! I would recommend this venue to any bride who wants a place where you can get it all! They handled all the details so that my husband and I (who worked full time and went to school) didn't have to juggle them. It was expensive and they charged for every little addition you needed, but were very responsive to any special considerations.

Reviewed on 9/20/2012 Adrienne D

I had my ceremony and reception here and the day was absolutely perfect. We had an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour and the facilities and outside areas are absolutely beautiful. It's quiet and away from traffic and noise. It is also a hotel so out out of town guests did... Read More not have to travel anywhere. The wedding planner we worked with there was fantastic and so helpful throughout the whole planning process and the day of. Everything went smoothly and I wouldn't change a thing!

Overall Great Deal and Super Helpful Staff!!!

Reviewed on 7/29/2012 mary h

I stumbled across this venue and I couldn't be happier! They have different rooms/spaces based on your needs and cost. It was decorated very nicely (lights and fabric were included at no cost) and the staff was so helpful and friendly.

Reviewed on 4/19/2012 Jill W

We recently were married at Oak Ridge Event Center, we are overall very happy with the layout and service we received at Oak Ridge. Our on complaint was our Event Coordinator Patty. When you sign a contract you get a event coordinator, there are 2 girls, you get one based on the... Read More weekend you are geting married. We met with Samantha originally and she was outgoing and enthusiastic!! We then found out that Patty would be the one working for the weekend of our wedding, Patty was difficult to work with, was not accomodating. We had our ceremony, reception and guests stayed at Oak Ridge and we received many wonderful compliments on our venue choice. Oak Ridge is a beautiful site for a wedding, we loved that they had packages to choose from.

Reviewed on 12/01/2011 Leah K