The Multiple Award Winning Dance & Party Band!

The "Party Authority" featuring the Philadelphia Funk Authority. Word is out! You deserve the BEST for your wedding! Philadelphia Happening List: Best Wedding Band 2016, Best of Philly Voted #1 Best Music 2010, 2011 & 2012, Best of Weddings 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 in The Knot, Wedding Wire Bride's Choice 2011, 2012, 2013 and Couple's Choice 2014, 2015 & 2016, New Jersey Bride "LOVE IT" Award 2013 & 1014. Who's on the guest list is your job. Who's on the dance floor is ours!

Disco, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

Ceremony, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services

Bow2010

The Best Receptions Feature Phila. Funk Authority!

Reviewed on 7/29/2013 Alyson N

Philadelphia Funk Authority was 100% responsible for our wedding reception being as fun as it was - and it was a LOT of fun! We are still, three months later, getting comments from friends and family about how our wedding was the most fun wedding they'd ever been to and how... Read More much they loved the band. The dance floor was never empty! My husband (the groom) and I both work in the live music industry so there were many musicians, sound engineers, etc. in attendance as well as a lot of music-loving family members... everyone was impressed! Gary from PFA was very helpful as we were planning our reception. As they do this all of the time, they are far more insightful and knowledgable than 20something brides and grooms-to-be and their families. We didn't worry about a thing because we knew the reception was under the direction of pros. We highly, HIGHLY recommend PFA for your wedding!

2014-10-23T03:36:15 Response from the vendor

Thanks Alyson & Dan. Great wedding!! Thanks for letting us be a part of it!

Fantastic band

Reviewed on 9/05/2013 Thomas M

Philly Funk Authority was awesome - we kept getting compliments in the days and weeks after our wedding. Everyone was on the dance floor the entire night, they kept the party going but also were good about making sure people were seated during meals and speeches. The music... Read More selection covered all genres for our variety (both age and otherwise) of guests. We couldn't have asked for a better band and evening.

2013-11-07T05:08:29 Response from the vendor

Thanks Vanessa and TJ, we appreciate the kind words. Glad to know that you and all of your guests had a wonderful time.

Amazing Band!

Reviewed on 9/04/2013

Philly Funk was AMAZING! I've never seen an entire wedding on the dance floor before...and I think 99% of our (pretty large) wedding were dancing the entire night. We could not have been happier - for anyone getting married in the greater Philly area, you won't find anyone... Read More better than these guys!

2013-11-07T05:09:51 Response from the vendor

Thanks Kelly & Matt! Wow, that was one FUN wedding! Thanks for letting us be a part of it!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Gina R

We are truly so lucky to have found Philadelphia Funk Authority! After listening to over 200 bands, I knew once I heard them, they were the band for our wedding. Their sound and style is true live music, funk and soul and I could immediately tell the difference between them and... Read More any other "wedding" band. Philadelphia Funk Authority is so unique and original and cant even compare to any other bands. They are in a class all their own. Friends and family are still giving us compliments on the band and how fun they were and it was great to see everyone dancing all night long. They were also such a pleasure to work with. Gary, was super responsive and guided us through the process and had some awesome ideas and was also open to our ideas as well and above all helped orchestrate everything the day of the wedding, which helped tremendously. They were a dream to work with and we are so lucky to have found them! They were even kind enough to let me sit in on bass and play a couple tunes with them :) So awesome and it was so fun to jam with them and have the love and support of our friends and family there. Thank you to PFA for making our wedding so unique and so special, you truly rocked it and we couldn't be happier with everything you did for us. Not only did they play for our Ceremony, Cocktail Hour and Reception they also put together some amazing up lighting action for our ceremony and reception. Thank YOU PFA for playing your hearts out for our Special Day!! Gina & Mike

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Katie L

My husband and I are both huge music people, and as such we couldn't just have any old band. We needed the best, and we got it hands down with the Philly Funk Authority! Gary was absolutely wonderful during the planning process, and the actual reception was just incredible!... Read More Everyone kept telling us how it was the most fun they've had at a wedding in a long time, and asking where we found these people!! They played for a majority of the night, only taking one small break towards the end (which was fine as it allowed everyone to rest from dancing their butts off!!). All of the songs sounded amazing, including the two special requests that we had! We keep joking that we should have another wedding just so we could hire them again! Definitely worth every single penny, they truly made our day something we'll never forget :)

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Ricki T

I waited so long to write a review for Philadelphia Funk Authority because I'm having a hard time coming up with the words to describe how amazing they are! I thought they would be out of our budget and unavailable for our wedding, but to my surprise, they were available AND... Read More accommodating. Guests were excited to get funky at our wedding as soon as they heard we'd be having Philly Funk there. The band did not disappoint. The wedding ceremony music was perfect. The reception music was right on point. Gary was very easy to talk to, both on the phone and through email, to get everything just right. We left just about all of the reception music up to the band. To say they are professionals is an understatement. Our guests are still talking about this aspect of our wedding. Thank you Gary at PFA!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Alanna S

No question, the best band I have ever heard! They had everyone up and dancing the entire night. I could not recommend them more!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Micah F

Philly Funk really made our reception perfect. For one, they nailed our first dance (So wonderful So Marvelous by Tower of Power) which meant so much to my wife and I. Their sound and passion kept everyone on the dance floor. I highly recommend PFA for your wedding if you... Read More want a great reception.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Lauren A

What an amazing band!! We wanted a band for our wedding that was FUN and not uptight and could keep everyone entertained all evening. Philly Funk is it. Not only were the muscians phenomenal, but they really make our evening special and enjoyable. Gary was also a pleasure to... Read More work with and helped us prepare right up to the very day! I would hire them again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Jacqueline M

My husband and I were married nearly a year ago and we are STILL getting compliments on our choice of band. Philly Funk was beyond fantastic. Their energy and musical skills were far superior than any other wedding band we looked at. Thank you Philadelphia Funk Authority!!!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Jennifer A

We were disappointed in our experience with Philly funk and primarily with the manager Gary. The one plus is that the band, for the most part, sounded great when performing. But the overall experience really left a sour taste in my mouth We were sold on the fact that we were... Read More told there would be continuous live music throughout the reception and that the band had great experience working weddings and would provide a great night. We went over our budget but were happy to do so based on what we were told. Boy were we lied to. Here is what happened 1. Poor communication: we didn't hear from Gary for months after we booked. I reached out to him and he seemed surprised that he hadn't already spoken to us as he said it's something he usually does. So obviously he's not on top of things. Then we weren't sure about the flow of the night, so he told us he would reach out to our venue coordinator to figure it out. Fast forward a couple of weeks- I ask Gary if he's spoken with her he says yes, he reached out and I ask our coordinator who says no, she never heard from him - reached out maybe means called once got no answer then didn't leave a VM or call back. 2. Failed to deliver on promises - when choosing our song we loved the lyrics to a country song, but didn't want it to sound so country when we danced to it. We were told not to worry and it wouldn't sounds country. The dance starts and guess what- it has even more of a country twang in the singers voice! Not really what we wanted - we were told there would be non-stop live music. The reception was only four hours and at one point Gary seemed surprised stating that they usually play 5 hour receptions. Fine, I figured I was ok paying as long as they delivered a great live musical performance. The party didn't really start until 9 and was over at 11. So I expected at least a solid 2 hours of music. Boy was I wrong! Guess who took a 20 minute break from 9:50-10:10?! I went to look for them to ask what was gone and they were nowhere to be found - we had asked for an anniversary song to be played and even chose the song we wanted. Well, that never happened nor were we asked if it was ok to cancel that part of the evening. We had wanted it in there to celebrate and acknowledge some of our friends who have been married for a long time, but never got that opportunity. - we didn't have a ton of people dancing, but a few times I ran into people leaving the dance floor who commented to me that they did not like the bands song selection. Well if you sell your band saying they can read a crowd and then pivot and change the music they play, I would like to see that happen so I don't keep running into people leaving the dance floor because of the music. I'm very disappointed. When I asked what happened all Gary said was to stop arguing and asking questions and that I had a "perfect night." He wasn't there, he doesn't know, and who is he to tell me how to feel? In no other world would it be ok to promise someone 4 hours of live music and deliver 75 minutes (a number he told me they played). needless to say I am not satisfied. Speaking to lots of friends who have had bands, they say I was fleeced. I think your money is better spent elsewhere.

2016-09-21T08:06:39 Response from the vendor

Jen, I am surprised to hear of your disappointment especially after your new husband came up to the band at the end of the night to shake their hands, pat them on the back telling them that they did a great job, AND TIPPED THEM!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Julie B

Philly Funk absolutely amazed us at our wedding! They had everyone out on the dance floor from start to finish! Our guests have complimented the band endlessly. We would highly recommend using them to anyone planning a wedding or party! They were easy to work with and everything... Read More we ever hoped for in a wedding band. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Angela K

I cannot say enough rave things about Philly Funk Authority! Gary Rivenson, the band's manager was such a pleasure to work with throughout the course of the wedding planning. He was so professional, thorough, and genuinely invested in my wedding. The band was amazing - from... Read More the guitar and flute at the ceremony, the piano and bass at the cocktail, and the 9 member band during the reception. They are talented and sound like a band that has played together for years (which they have - something very important to factor in when finding a band). They naturally sound great together. Andy and George were fantastic in MC'ing and leading the band. Everything felt so seamless, they never left a gap in the night. They were engaging and read the audience well. We had two choreographed dances planned and it amazes me still how we never actually met the band or practiced with them, but through the great communication through Gary, the dances turned out perfectly. The timing, the cues, it was all so well done on the band's part. My husband and I felt that this was budget well spent! We loved the band, the ambiance is so important in a wedding, we're so glad we decided on a live band, and highly recommend PFA!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Jaime Z

Philadelphia Funk Authority kept my guests on their feet all night! The guys and gal are true professionals and have a sound like no other. They added some personal touches that made my wedding super special and I highly recommend them for your wedding!

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Tracy D

Incredible musicians, wedding professionals, and super easy to work with. They learned two Neil Young songs and Talking Heads for us, all three sounded better than we could have ever imagined. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Hillary G

From start to finish, working with PFA was great! We actually contacted the band before signing the contract at our wedding venue because we have known for years we wanted them to be our wedding band. Having watched them play at my cousin's wedding in 2005 and then watching... Read More them here and there through the years, it was a no-brainer. Working with Gary (the manager) on all the details and logistics was very easy and he was more than happy to tailor everything to exactly what we wanted. They played all the songs I asked them to, stayed away from the ones I didn't want played, and learned a new song just for us. The band had all our guests up and dancing from the start of our reception and the party lasted all night. They are pricey (all wedding bands are!), but to me it was worth it. We continue to receive such great feedback from our guests about the music and the party itself, and I owe it all to PFA for making our wedding reception so fun. Highly, highly recommend!

2016-05-23T12:35:33 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the kind words Hillary & Nicholas. Thanks for letting us be a part of your fantastic wedding!

2 months later & still getting complements

Reviewed on 12/10/2015 Alison L

Call me crazy, but the first & only time I had heard the Philly Funk Authority prior to my wedding was approximately 15 years prior at one of my high school dances. I believe this is when they were getting started, but needless to say, they had made a lasting impression. Was a... Read More little skeptical? Eh, any worries I had were alleviated after speaking with Gary who couldn't be more laid back and easy going (something every bride needs in the craze of planning a wedding). All requests were granted without a fuss, he even arranged for my ceremony string trio and cocktail hour music! The party couldn't have been more amazing and fun if it wasn't for the PFA. They are THE FREAKING BEST! Hip hop, oldies, top 40, Frank Sinatra-- you name it, they can do it without ANY trouble. They are such a versatile band! I can't tell you how much I loved them. My guests are honestly still reminiscing about the wedding and how fun it was, but in particular they LOVED THE BAND! My parents are looking for a reason to plan another party just to have them play again. Thank you guys for everything. We were truly blown away by your professionalism and talent. If you don't hire them, it's your mistake.

Second to none!

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Angela S

The Philadelphia Funk Authority was absolutely one of the best decisions we made regarding our wedding day. We have lost count of all the wonderful things our guests had to say! Working with Gary to plan out all the details was easy and painless. We relied on his past... Read More experience to help guide us if we were unsure about any decision, and everything turned out perfect. We had two of the band members perform the ceremony music (flute and guitar) and it was beautiful. We would recommend that choice to anyone. Their repertoire is unmatched - we had no issues picking the perfect songs for our ceremony, first dance, parent dances, and party music requests. They had the guests dancing all night long and were great at reading the crowd to see what kind of music would keep the party going. We would recommend Philadelphia Funk Authority to anyone else in a heartbeat!

Best Wedding Band...EVER!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

My husband is a musician, so when beginning to plan our wedding, the only thing he absolutely had to have was a good band. He had heard Philly Funk before, and actually contacted them to perform at our wedding reception before we even had a wedding date! Since I had never heard... Read More them before, we got our whole wedding party together to go see them play at Victory Brew Pub in New Hope. It made for a fun night out with the bridal party, and we knew right away that we had to have them! But what we got at the wedding, I could have never imagined! They were so personable and learned a song that we wanted to be introduced into the reception to, less than a month before the wedding. Almost 9 months later, people are still talking about how amazing our band was. Everyone was up and dancing the whole reception, and it was non-stop fun. Philly Funk is very good about knowing what songs to play next to keep people up and dancing. I was so sad when the night was over...it went by too fast. If I could plan my wedding all over, I would pick Philly Funk in a heartbeat again!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Susan V

This band is phenomenal! I highly recommend them. I came to know PFA when my sister got married in NJ two years ago. This band was fantastic and everyone had great reviews of their work. When I got married in September 2015 in NYC we looked at a ton of bands in NYC and NJ and... Read More all were either not our style or crazy expensive. I contacted PFA on a whim thinking that their travel time/expense would make them too pricey, but within minutes I got a response from Gary, who offered us a great price and was happy to have the group come to NYC. We had a number of custom requests (a few are complimentary; after that there is a fee, which we felt was totally fair) and the band did them all beautifully. We used this band for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and I am so glad we did. They did a beautiful job, were wonderful on-site and prior to the big day, and were a great value. Thank you!

This band rocks!

Reviewed on 9/02/2015

they had everyone on the dance floor the entire night! My guests were talking about the band weeks after my wedding! They learned my wedding song and performed it better than I could've ever imagined! They also learned a song i wanted sung for my husband. I would recommend them... Read More to everyone!

BURKE/SCHURR WEDDING SEPT. 20, 2014

Reviewed on 1/02/2015 diane b

I have been a long time fan and friend of PFA, when my daughter Leigh Anne got engaged I said to her you have to let me have my band. She allowed me to book the band never having seen them herself. About 10 months before the wedding I did introduce Leigh Anne and Andy and... Read More some of their friends to the band at Big Daddy's Wagon Wheel. They agreed my choice of bands was a good call. Leigh Anne was every happy with the communications she had with Gary and felt comfortable enough to go with Gary's suggestions, after all this was not the bands first wedding. I have been raving for years to my family about the band, well they finally got to experience what I have been talking about for years. They are now fans and are heading to the Wagon Wheel to see the band. From the first song to the last the dance floor was always packed. Thanks to the PFA for helping to make this a wonderful memory for Leigh Anne and Andy and our Families and Friends! Sincerely Diane Burke

Awesome Party Band!

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Simone S

The Philly Funk was AMAZING at our wedding. First, they did such a great job with our wedding song, they learned the entire thing and had fun with it – we loved it, it is something that we will definitely always remember!! We also got so many compliments from our guests about... Read More how awesome the band was!!! People were coming up to both of us all night to tell us how fantastic the Philly Funk is and how much fun they were having because the band was so good – I don’t think there was a single person that was not up dancing, and most people danced to every song. It was exactly how we hoped it would be! Jeremy and I cannot thank you, George and the rest of the band enough for doing such a great job and making the process so easy. You were so great to work with and everyone who attended the reception agreed the Philly Funk made our wedding an awesome party!!! Simone and Jeremy October 2014

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Gloria K

The Philly Funk Authority played our wedding on June 28, 2014. Start to finish- Amazing!! Gary was great to work with from the start. Planning was so easy with them because they're so experienced and they have such a wide repertoire of music that appeals to everyone. From the... Read More cocktail hour to the last song, they sounded great and so many guests commented on their talent. We had seen this band play before at Musikfest and other venues and knew we wanted them for our wedding. The music is such a huge part of the reception and Philly Funk will not disappoint.

2014-10-23T03:37:45 Response from the vendor

The pleasure was ours Gloria and Jon. You guys rock!

Wedding

Reviewed on 10/11/2014

Philly Funk did an outstanding performance for Alison & Seans wedding. They made the wedding very special with lots of memories for all who attended. One guest said: "You know the band is great when everyone is still here dancing in the 4th set". Thanks for all you... Read More do, Much appreciated, Cheers Joe & Michele

2014-10-23T03:38:23 Response from the vendor

Thanks Joe and Michelle! We had a blast! Glad that it went so well.