Your vision + our expertise = the perfect match

Pink Avocado has a menu for every palate and budget. We use local, organic products when available and you'll notice the freshness with the first bite. We can prepare everything from elegant gourmet meals to comfort food... ethnic, kosher, vegetarian or vegan menus are also available.

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion

Dietary Options

Kosher, Vegetarian

Buffet, Family Style, Menu Tastings, Seated Meal, Food + Catering, Service Staff

401 Sabine St,, Austin, TX

Amazing Food & Superb Service

Reviewed on 5/24/2014 Jeanene H

I will keep this short and sweet. The food was simply amazing. Folks are still mentioning it to us six weeks later! We gave the company what we felt was a very eclectic set of parameters (a little bit of Texas, some Asian influence, with a little Greek / Mediterranean mixed... Read More in) and they nailed it. They were also incredibly helpful and accommodating when it came to tweaks and suggestions. I was thoroughly impressed by the professionalism of the waitstaff. They were polite, courteous, there to do a job and do it well....just awesome. Same goes for bar staff. Another aspect that was subtle but appreciated was that the staff was very attentive, checking in, etc, without even feeling like they were there (not all over you). Again, I cannot really say enough about the food or the staff. I would absolutely recommend Pink Avocado to anyone considering them.

Super Tasty

Reviewed on 5/13/2014 Sandi P

I was looking for a caterer that would serve a delicious meal family style and Pink Avocado hit the spot! The plating was perfect and the meal was so yummy my guests were going back for seconds! Everything came out just the way I had it at the tasting and was presented... Read More beautifully.

Phenomenal Food!

Reviewed on 4/27/2014 Ashley M

Pink Avocado Catering (PAC) provided the *best* wedding food we have ever tasted. (And we're not just saying that because it was our wedding!) Multiple other vendors for our wedding raved when they heard that PAC was our caterer! Pink Avocado staff were always patient and... Read More highly responsive. Out of the four caterers that gave us proposals close to what we wanted, PAC had the best pricing and were the easiest to work with. Though the food, value, and communication were the primary reasons we chose them, it also helped that they were able to provide bartending while allowing us to provide the alcohol ourselves and rentals that perfectly matched the clean, simple look we wanted. PAC was able to create a menu that allowed for meat-eaters, vegetarians and those with true gluten allergies to all have multiple options in the family-style dinner without anyone needing to get a special plate. They also work with local farms and producers which was important to us. In fact, we were married on a local farm and although PAC had not worked with them before, they were willing to get what produce they could from our venue which we loved. The food truly was *phenomenal* and the service top-notch. People raved about it all night saying that they came expecting rubber chicken and had one of the best meals they had had in a long time in general - not just for a wedding. Besides the ceremony, it was the most talked about thing afterwards and a few guests have asked if PAC has a restaurant they can visit next time they are in Austin to have more of their wonderful food! (We wish!) My husband's uncle raided the fridge before we got our leftovers and ate ALL 6 servings of the leftover mac 'n cheese at 3am on our wedding night. Thankfully, PAC offered to make us more next time we're in Austin because they're awesome like that. (Though not awesome enough to give us their recipes... we asked!) If you choose PAC as your caterer, we are confident that you will not regret it!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Morgan G

If it wasn't already obvious from the reviews on here already, Pink Avocado is THE BEST. We worked with Sammy, who was absolutely amazing. He was so kind, understanding, and professional, even when we changed little details on the contract about 10 different times. On the day... Read More of, the catering staff and chefs all did an incredible job. Of course, the most important part is how good the food was. The biggest compliment that we received over and over was that our food was not wedding food. I'm serious when I say that guests are still talking about it! The whole experience with Pink Avocado from start to finish was simply amazing. You need them for your wedding!!

Reviewed on 5/14/2016 Jill S

Pink Avocado was wonderful to work with. We did a small plate style menu with 8 different courses. The menu was crafted simply on foods that my husband and I love. The team there was incredibly flexible and was able to make any changes we needed throughout the planning... Read More process. Thanks Pink Avocado!

Reviewed on 4/26/2016 Karen R

Sammy and his staff were great to work with. Calm and talented and eager to make everything right. I was able to narrow my choices and they provided delicious food that everyone complimented. They even fielded a request by my husband for a sausage roll that was popular in his... Read More homeland.

Reviewed on 4/24/2016 Erin M

Pink Avocado gave us a vegetarian taco buffet with delicious salad, brussel sprouts and rice/beans. It was really the perfect menu for us and Sammy helped up come up with such an interesting menu that fit our tastes so well. They also made delicious empanadas and quesadillas as... Read More appetizers, also. He was flexible, thoughtful and easy to communicate with throughout the process. I feel like Pink Avocado could have made food of any kind. At our food tasting, we could see they had wildly different menus for the other couples. And they all sounded great. I would recommend this vendor, overall. Even my hard-core meat eater guests, raved about the veggie tacos. We had to change our mind several times and Sammy offered so much help and guidance in planning the menu. There were a couple things I did not like. We had a champagne toast and I was told glasses would be handed out. Instead they used plastic cups, which is not the biggest deal in the world, but my contract shows I paid for those glasses... A small sum in the grand scheme of the gigantic bill, but still I thought it was odd. During the planning process, there were several options for plates and we loved these cool bamboo disposable plates. They were cheaper than china and looked cool and not just like standard paper. Since we were having a buffet, I didn't think it was worth the extra cost for china and I thought that solution was great. So, I was disappointed that the bamboo plates were not used for the food and instead it was normal paper plates for the buffet. Had I known, I might have chosen china. The last thing is something I'm just not sure about. We had 10 fewer adults that I paid for in our final contract and hardly got any leftovers back, a few small boxes of taco fillings and rice, no tortillas or salsas. We were surprised that there was that little food left when so many guests ended up not showing up. I don't really know what to make of that part. My complaints are small in the grand scheme of how great the food and service was. We just spent a lot of money on the food and I was disappointed that some of the details we put a lot of thought into weren't followed through or incorporated.

Reviewed on 4/17/2016 Leslie S

Pink Avocado catered our wedding and did a fantastic job! They created a custom menu for us. The food was delicious. Most notably, the servers and bartenders were outstanding. Funny, friendly, attentive. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Ryan M

It's hard to put into words what great service we received from Pink Avocado. First and foremost I want to mention how ABOVE and BEYOND they went to help make my wedding a success. From day 1, when we were just in communication regarding booking their services, they were... Read More friendly, helpful, communicative, and professional. Throughout the entire planning process they were flexible, and sincerely worked to help our vision come to life. When inevitable challenges would arise (as they do in wedding planning), Pink Avo was the first to step in to help, sometimes when it wasn't even regarding their service! Lastly, the actual quality of the food and service at the wedding, itself, was nothing short of perfection. My guests can't stop raving about the food (especially, appropriately, the stuff-your-own-avocados!) and service. They even accommodated food allergies that hadn't been previously addressed! Do yourself a favor and hire these folks for your event. You won't regret it. And if they aren't available on your date, seriously considering moving your date! :)

Reviewed on 3/31/2016 Jenny P

Cannot say enough good things about PA! They were so friendly and helpful from start to finish. From the initial planning, Sarah was very responsive and attentive to our questions. She provided a lot of reassurance and made us feel very comfortable with the whole process.... Read More The food was phenomenal! Both at the tasting and at the wedding! Our guests were all super impressed with the food and service. We did family style with beef tenderloin, sea bass and a butternut squash lasagna as the vegetarian option. The lasagna was divine! The steak and fish were cooked to perfection...everything arrived hot to the tables and looked like it was prepared just before dinner service. I've been to weddings where you could tell your plate sat for a little while and then reheated but this was not the case at all! They did a great job with the appetizers as well. Everyone I talked to who knew about PA had nothing but good things to say, and now I get to rave about them as well!

Reviewed on 3/12/2016 adrienne k

We loved working with Sammy and his team at Pink Avocado. Even though we had other catering vendors come in slightly lower during the bid process, we just got the best vibe from Pink Avocado. He was always extremely responsive, attentive and ready to help us with whatever random... Read More requests we had. We planned our wedding remotely, and when we went in for our tasting Sammy and his team did a great job of welcoming us, encouraging us to be brutally honest with any changes we had to the menu we had created together. I also have some very severe allergies, and they made me feel so comfortable and confident that they could easily work with all my allergies. Additionally, we had several guests that we knew would attend the wedding with issues to gluten and lactose, and Sammy and his chef did an amazing job of working with us to find alternatives for all the dietary needs. On our Wedding Day the team helped made sure that everything was set up well in advance of our guests arriving and did a great job of assisting with the room flip. The team lead for Pink Avocado introduced himself to Kevin and I and make sure that we knew he was happy to get us anything we needed - made sure to deliver our plates and drinks to us and was fabulous to work with. The food was amazing, from our queso bar, to chicken piccatta to all of the speciality cocktails the bartenders made for our guests - we heard rave reviews from so many people following the wedding. And our celiac guests were so happy to have multiple options to choose from. Even though we didn't use Pink Avocado for our desserts, they were nice enough to bring extra plates for our desserts to be plated on, so the dessert table looked beautiful too. I would highly recommend working with Sammy and his team at Pink Avocado to anyone who's looking for a wedding caterer - they were such fun to work with!!

Reviewed on 12/07/2015 Whitney W

The food was AMAZING! We had numerous people tell us it was the best wedding food they have ever had! We even had a few who asked us for our caterer’s number. Calling it wedding food seems like an understatement. This food was truly delicious. From the beginning Sammy was... Read More incredibly accommodating. The initial menu proposal was amazing- they were able to come up with dishes that perfectly fit our taste based on the brief questionnaire provided. Pink Avocado did a great job of working within our budget while still providing us with everything we wanted. The build-your-own avocado bar and our late night snack of french fries and milkshakes were my two personal favorites. The only downside: having to take pictures while everyone else got to enjoy the tasty avocado bar during the cocktail hour!

Reviewed on 6/09/2015 J J

Pink Avocado was absolutely amazing. We used them to cater our wedding at the LBJ wildflower Center and they blew us away. Not only was Sarah amazing to work with and helped us come up with a custom menu that suited us as a couple, but Pink went the extra mile to make sure we... Read More were happy with everything on our special day. Pink got rave reviews from all our guests and the other vendors there. The food was absolutely fantastic and our guests can't stop talking about it.

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Nina M

I highly recommend Pink Avocado if you are looking for a caterer. I worked with Sarah to plan out our wedding reception dinner menu and she was an absolute pleasure to work with. Made the incredible task.... fun and easier than I expected. Thank you to Sarah and the PA team for... Read More the delicious dinner & margaritas! Plenty of guests commented on how much they loved the food and atmosphere.

Great food and excellent service

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Ingrid L

The food was to die for. Every detail was executed perfectly. I love the simplicity to the food without being bland or boring. The price was extremely reasonable for the amount of food each guest was provided. The staff was extremely helpful and spent a lot of time with me going... Read More back and forth. I would highly recommend them.

July wedding

Reviewed on 8/31/2014 Dione C

We loved the food at Pink Avocado and our guests raved about it at our wedding! My husband and I were so happy that we had some leftovers. Sarah helped us very much in the planning stages and was very easy to communicate with. My husband and I enjoyed meeting the staff at our... Read More wedding: Jared led the group, along with Alfonso, Monk, Chris in the kitchen, Amanda, Dana, Heather, Kara serving, and Chris and William at the bar. All were very professional and polite!! Thank you so very much Pink Avocado!!!

DELICIOUS FOOD!!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2014

Best choice for catering in Austin! Pink Avocado is so DELICIOUS!! We went in for a tasting and knew we were using them after the first bite! Not only was the food amazing, so was the presentation. We chose to do the buffet line, but the food was not presented in the traditional... Read More sad "buffet" style. The dishes and bowls and utensils they used really made the experience classy and special. Everyone was easy to work with. I was driving in the car one day and thought, 'maybe they can make black bean tacos?' Sure enough, I asked them and they created a recipe for me. It was such a pleasurable experience. Our guests are still talking about how it was the best wedding food they have ever had.

Fabulous Food

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 JoAnn Y

The food provided by Pink Avocado was absolutely the best. The Avocado bar was a huge hit during the cocktail hour, our guest are still talking about it. The dinner was perfect also. Honey Crisp Salad, Grilled Petite Filet Mignon, Fig & Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken, Grilled... Read More Spring Vegetables, Tri Color Fire Roasted Baby Potato Medley. All absolutely delicious!

Almost Perfect

Reviewed on 5/19/2014 Emily S

I was told my many people they wished they had brought doggie bags because the food was so good. I was also told it was the best wedding food they had ever had. I worked with Britt and she was great. We went in for a tasting and I wanted to tweak some things and she was... Read More totally cool about it. They stayed on budget too! My only complaint is that they served dinner 15 minutes early. It wasn't a huge deal, it just made the wedding party late to dinner because we were still taking pictures. Other than that they deserve 5 stars.

Delicious Food & Great Service

Reviewed on 3/17/2014 Darlene O

Pink Avocado catered my wedding and did an amazing job. They were very responsive throughout the planning process and did a great job at our tasting. On the wedding day, they arrived on time and the onsite manager was amazing. She made sure to check-in with me and make sure... Read More everything was going well - all the staff was very friendly and attentive. The food was delicious and the portions were large. Everyone commented on how tasty the food was. We were very pleased with Pink Avocado and would definitely use them again for another event.

These guys are awesome!

Reviewed on 12/10/2013 Jennifer D

These guys are awesome! I had so many questions for them through out my planning and they always responded in a timely manner. They helped me plan my menu and revised it numerous times at my request when I wanted to change things. They were so understanding and offered many... Read More suggestions. They were very accommodating when we asked to go on a weekend for a taste tasting. The food was delicious. The tasting was indicative of what we were to expect for the wedding. The food was delicious. My guests and I could not stop raving about it. I could write about how delicious every entree and side were, but I would forget to talk about their professionalism. They set everything up and cleaned up everything on time. The service was great as well. They made my husband and I feel so special by serving our food first and always making sure that we had a drink or a plate of any food that we wanted. They were a great addition to our wedding. We loved the service that they provided.

Excellent, Professional, Delicious

Reviewed on 11/19/2013 Mirka F

Pink Avocado is outstanding and friendly. They were a dream to work with and the food was excellent. Professional and fun, what a combination.

Yummy Food and Great Service

Reviewed on 11/13/2013 Martha D

We used Pink Avocado to cater our Hill Country wedding. From the very beginning, they were incredibly responsive and helped us brainstorm about unique menu ideas that would reflect both my husband and my heritage (Caribbean and Italian). They let you have a full menu... Read More tasting prior to the wedding, which is really nice and helps you decide exactly what you want. They sent us home with leftovers! The day of the wedding, Pink Avocado was perfect. Service was friendly and seamless. And the food was so yummy! For our social hour we had the lamb meatballs and fruit skewers with balsamic glaze. The lamb meatballs were super moist and came with this really great sauce. The balsamic glaze on the fruit was super yummy and the fruit was perfectly fresh! For lunch, we had chili shrimp and grits (my husband's favorite, and those grits are a dream); jerk chicken with grilled pineapple and cilantro pesto (my favorite... holy mother of flavor explosion!); arugula salad with oranges and pistachios and this heavenly vinaigrette (fresh and delicious); jasmine rice (sticky and flavorful); and the amaranth and quinoa grains and greens dish (the mushrooms and sweet potatoes that come with this dish are fantastic!). The grains and greens dish was slightly better during our tasting (crunchier) than during the wedding, but overall the food was unbelievable. All our guests raved about the food. We loved the personal flavor touches they put on our menu and how beautiful all the food looked! And even though it was a buffet, which I know makes some people nervous, the food was divine. They also served my husband and I with a platter of everything to make sure we got to eat, which was a very nice touch. I would go with Pink Avocado again, hands down, for any event. They definitely made our wedding that much less stressful (easy to work with!) and that much more happy and delicious.

Amazing catering company!

Reviewed on 11/11/2013

Pink Avocado was incredible! It was very easy to plan with them, and they are so creative and helped me to get very personalized menus. The food was so good during the wedding EVERYONE complimented me.. that not only was it the best wedding food they had had, but some of the... Read More best food they've ever eaten! The only shame was I hardly got to eat that day! I would highly recommend them for any event!

Great Food, Good Prices

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Maisie H

We had a great caterer...and I work at a catering company so that should tell you something. We work for a company that is located in a different city and when we weren't able to make it work with our company because of the distance we went with Pink Avocado. The staff was... Read More great and helpful and the food was just awesome! We had passed appetizers and a buffet and they also supplied the bartenders for our wedding. We went with a chicken and beef option and both turned out just as good as the tasting we did at their kitchen. Looking for a great value, pick Pink Avocado!