Your vision + our expertise = the perfect match

Pink Avocado has a menu for every palate and budget. We use local, organic products when available and you'll notice the freshness with the first bite. We can prepare everything from elegant gourmet meals to comfort food... ethnic, kosher, vegetarian or vegan menus are also available.

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion

Dietary Options

Kosher, Vegetarian

Buffet, Family Style, Menu Tastings, Seated Meal, Food + Catering, Service Staff

401 Sabine St,, Austin, TX (512) 656-4348

Amazing Food & Superb Service

Reviewed on 5/24/2014 Jeanene H

I will keep this short and sweet. The food was simply amazing. Folks are still mentioning it to us six weeks later! We gave the company what we felt was a very eclectic set of parameters (a little bit of Texas, some Asian influence, with a little Greek / Mediterranean mixed... Read More in) and they nailed it. They were also incredibly helpful and accommodating when it came to tweaks and suggestions. I was thoroughly impressed by the professionalism of the waitstaff. They were polite, courteous, there to do a job and do it well....just awesome. Same goes for bar staff. Another aspect that was subtle but appreciated was that the staff was very attentive, checking in, etc, without even feeling like they were there (not all over you). Again, I cannot really say enough about the food or the staff. I would absolutely recommend Pink Avocado to anyone considering them.

Super Tasty

Reviewed on 5/13/2014 Sandi P

I was looking for a caterer that would serve a delicious meal family style and Pink Avocado hit the spot! The plating was perfect and the meal was so yummy my guests were going back for seconds! Everything came out just the way I had it at the tasting and was presented... Read More beautifully.

Phenomenal Food!

Reviewed on 4/27/2014 Ashley M

Pink Avocado Catering (PAC) provided the *best* wedding food we have ever tasted. (And we're not just saying that because it was our wedding!) Multiple other vendors for our wedding raved when they heard that PAC was our caterer! Pink Avocado staff were always patient and... Read More highly responsive. Out of the four caterers that gave us proposals close to what we wanted, PAC had the best pricing and were the easiest to work with. Though the food, value, and communication were the primary reasons we chose them, it also helped that they were able to provide bartending while allowing us to provide the alcohol ourselves and rentals that perfectly matched the clean, simple look we wanted. PAC was able to create a menu that allowed for meat-eaters, vegetarians and those with true gluten allergies to all have multiple options in the family-style dinner without anyone needing to get a special plate. They also work with local farms and producers which was important to us. In fact, we were married on a local farm and although PAC had not worked with them before, they were willing to get what produce they could from our venue which we loved. The food truly was *phenomenal* and the service top-notch. People raved about it all night saying that they came expecting rubber chicken and had one of the best meals they had had in a long time in general - not just for a wedding. Besides the ceremony, it was the most talked about thing afterwards and a few guests have asked if PAC has a restaurant they can visit next time they are in Austin to have more of their wonderful food! (We wish!) My husband's uncle raided the fridge before we got our leftovers and ate ALL 6 servings of the leftover mac 'n cheese at 3am on our wedding night. Thankfully, PAC offered to make us more next time we're in Austin because they're awesome like that. (Though not awesome enough to give us their recipes... we asked!) If you choose PAC as your caterer, we are confident that you will not regret it!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Carsi M

Pink Avocado was amazing from start to finish! We worked with Sarah to develop a delicious and sophisticated menu that had a Texas flair and also had some tasty vegetarian options. Sarah was incredibly responsive and helpful throughout the whole planning process. The tasting was... Read More a really fun experience - they prepare everything for you and you get to see how everything will be presented. And it's a ton of food! We really had a lot of fun at the tasting :) Then on the day of, everything went so smoothly and the PA folks were awesome and even helped with a flip of our venue space. I loved the food we had - especially the lobster grits! - and we heard from many of our guests that they loved the food as well. We definitely recommend Pink Avocado!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Kathleen H

Pink Avocado made our wedding day so special! Sarah was so patient and sweet- we cannot thank her enough! Our food menu was great and they made the best signature cocktails! Highly recommend :)

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Sarah S

What an amazing experience it was working with Pink Avocado for our wedding! From the initial inquiry, they were responsive, flexible, and full of incredible ideas to accommodate our unique fusion request. The custom tasting was so much fun; they prepare everything so you can... Read More see the presentation and make sure the flavors are exactly what you had in mind. It was amazing to see our dream menu come to life! Day of, the food was incredible! The onsite team was present, available, and always making sure we had a drink in hand and food when we needed it. Everyone we encountered was so professional, always smiling, and made our guests feel so well taken care of! Our day was incredible because of the attention to detail, quality, and love Pink put into it.

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Jamie C

We were based in NYC planning a wedding at Austin's Mercury Hall and choosing our caterer was perhaps the biggest decision we had to make. And our wedding was every bit a success because we had Pink Avocado in our corner. Sarah was our primary contact at Pink Avocado. Put... Read More simply -- she's incredible. But more specifically, she's experienced, accommodating, flexible, reassuring, with a no request is too outrageous and no question too ridiculous attitude. We had to reschedule our final tasting twice due to flight cancellations and when you're stressed, Sarah is the calming voice you want to hear on the other end of the phone line. She makes it work for you, and is the perfect partner when you're choosing the most important vendor for your event. Sarah helped us craft a fun menu that married our indulgences with sophistication. When you choose Pink Avocado, you're choosing a team that will ensure your day is executed smoothly. Pink Avocado pulled together a day-of staff that anticipated our needs and the needs of the day every step of the way. Pink Avocado was a well oiled machine. The food was stellar. We stayed on schedule. It rained during the second half of our wedding, and Ben, our onsite team lead, was monitoring the weather the whole time -- by the time the rain started, everything that was under the sky was already packed up and put away. And on a day when you'll often forget to eat, they make sure you're fed first and fed again with to-go boxes at the end of the night. Best of all, the staff cleaned up so fast and unobtrusively that we barely noticed them. We had a spectacular day. We talk wistfully about getting married all over again and if we did, we'd go with Pink Avocado for the second time, in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 James D

Our guests were blown away by the amazing food at our wedding! Family style service was new to most of our guests and they really enjoyed the experience! The food was perfectly seasoned, fresh, and we still receive compliments on how great the food was. Pink Avocado even... Read More put together a dessert bar that honored my wife's grandparents and made the day even more special for our family. The sales team at Pink Avocado was on point through the whole process and made our day worry free. Thanks again Pink Avocado!!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Sue H

We can't say enough good things about the staff and service provided. We planned this event for 1 year long distance from Philadelphia. It would not have been possible without Rachel and her crew The presentation and food were exceptional We did not have to worry about one... Read More thing from the time they arrived at mercury hall until the evenings end I highly recommend them for your next event. Thanks again Pink Avacado😊

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Kathryn H

The food from pink avocado is hands down the best food you will ever have at a wedding! I am still getting compliments from people 2 months after our wedding! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Dmitriy S

Pink Avocado was outstanding as the caterer for our wedding in Villa Antonia. Sarah was an unbelievable resource and went the extra mile to make sure everything ran smoothly on our complicated day. We had a large Ukrainian contingent at our wedding and asked if we could bring... Read More some outside traditional appetizers to start the service and they had no problem with it. Furthermore, they plated it and made sure it was brought and presented properly. As for the food that they brought, it was incredible! Everyone raved at the hors d'oeuvres passed around during cocktail hour. I even managed to snag a handful during the photo shoot outside with their great service. The filet crostini is out of this world. We had plated service for the rest of dinner and it came out perfectly. Leftovers were very delicious as well. Overall we can't recommend Pink Avocado and Sarah enough. Food was one of the most important items for us and they knocked it out of the park. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Emma Y

We booked Pink Avocado for their bar services at our reception and they were great! They made the BEST spicy margarita for our signature drink - so good that we ran out before the end of the night. We did our tasting with Chris, who made the process so fun and recommended... Read More fantastic wines and liquors that all stayed within our price range. Sarah was a pleasure to work with throughout the whole planning process. Thank you, Pink Avocado!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 K D

The food was amazing- every single part of it! The fish, chicken & steak all came out so tender & juicy! The veggies were perfect! No one had anything negative to say the food was a huge hit! & the leftovers were packaged perfectly!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Catie C

We loved our experience with Pink Avocado! From our first tasting to our wedding day they were a delight to work with. They were very receptive to every change we wanted to make and helpful when it came making adjustments for the budget. Our guests loved being served family... Read More style. They thought it was unique and enjoyed not having to wait in a buffet line. The staff was all very professional and did a good job with setup and teardown. The food was also delicious! Overall with Pink Avocado you are getting a very professional catering service with delicious food and an excellent staff.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Stephanie C

Brandon and I cannot sing more praises to you and the team for your superb service and delicious food at our wedding on Saturday!! The food was exactly they way we wanted from the slightly crispy seared gnocchi to the beef short ribs that fell right off the bone. All our guests... Read More are still continuing to rave about it and so many have commented that it was the best wedding food they have ever had. The stuffed avocado bar was a hit and so incredible unique! On top of all this, the service staff were like ninjas! I never was in need because they were on top of everything refilling drinks as needed, clearing plates, and serving silently. They were nonintrusive and yet so present at the same time. Pink Avocado from start to finish has gone above and beyond!- From the quick and clear communication, professional tastings, taking our food critique and preferences into consideration, to execution on the day of. I will definitely be referring anyone I can think of to you in the future. Thank you and the team so very much for making our wedding night memorable to both of us and all our guests!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Abby H

Pink Avocado provided everything I needed for the wedding. The dinner they created of delicious, Texan tacos was perfect, as was all the service they provided. Working with Sammy was a dream, as he attended to all the details and made sure that everything was squared away. Thank... Read More you so much, Pink Avocado!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Morgan G

If it wasn't already obvious from the reviews on here already, Pink Avocado is THE BEST. We worked with Sammy, who was absolutely amazing. He was so kind, understanding, and professional, even when we changed little details on the contract about 10 different times. On the day... Read More of, the catering staff and chefs all did an incredible job. Of course, the most important part is how good the food was. The biggest compliment that we received over and over was that our food was not wedding food. I'm serious when I say that guests are still talking about it! The whole experience with Pink Avocado from start to finish was simply amazing. You need them for your wedding!!

Reviewed on 5/14/2016 Jill S

Pink Avocado was wonderful to work with. We did a small plate style menu with 8 different courses. The menu was crafted simply on foods that my husband and I love. The team there was incredibly flexible and was able to make any changes we needed throughout the planning... Read More process. Thanks Pink Avocado!

Reviewed on 4/26/2016 Karen R

Sammy and his staff were great to work with. Calm and talented and eager to make everything right. I was able to narrow my choices and they provided delicious food that everyone complimented. They even fielded a request by my husband for a sausage roll that was popular in his... Read More homeland.

Reviewed on 4/24/2016 Erin M

Pink Avocado gave us a vegetarian taco buffet with delicious salad, brussel sprouts and rice/beans. It was really the perfect menu for us and Sammy helped up come up with such an interesting menu that fit our tastes so well. They also made delicious empanadas and quesadillas as... Read More appetizers, also. He was flexible, thoughtful and easy to communicate with throughout the process. I feel like Pink Avocado could have made food of any kind. At our food tasting, we could see they had wildly different menus for the other couples. And they all sounded great. I would recommend this vendor, overall. Even my hard-core meat eater guests, raved about the veggie tacos. We had to change our mind several times and Sammy offered so much help and guidance in planning the menu. There were a couple things I did not like. We had a champagne toast and I was told glasses would be handed out. Instead they used plastic cups, which is not the biggest deal in the world, but my contract shows I paid for those glasses... A small sum in the grand scheme of the gigantic bill, but still I thought it was odd. During the planning process, there were several options for plates and we loved these cool bamboo disposable plates. They were cheaper than china and looked cool and not just like standard paper. Since we were having a buffet, I didn't think it was worth the extra cost for china and I thought that solution was great. So, I was disappointed that the bamboo plates were not used for the food and instead it was normal paper plates for the buffet. Had I known, I might have chosen china. The last thing is something I'm just not sure about. We had 10 fewer adults that I paid for in our final contract and hardly got any leftovers back, a few small boxes of taco fillings and rice, no tortillas or salsas. We were surprised that there was that little food left when so many guests ended up not showing up. I don't really know what to make of that part. My complaints are small in the grand scheme of how great the food and service was. We just spent a lot of money on the food and I was disappointed that some of the details we put a lot of thought into weren't followed through or incorporated.

Reviewed on 4/17/2016 Leslie S

Pink Avocado catered our wedding and did a fantastic job! They created a custom menu for us. The food was delicious. Most notably, the servers and bartenders were outstanding. Funny, friendly, attentive. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Ryan M

It's hard to put into words what great service we received from Pink Avocado. First and foremost I want to mention how ABOVE and BEYOND they went to help make my wedding a success. From day 1, when we were just in communication regarding booking their services, they were... Read More friendly, helpful, communicative, and professional. Throughout the entire planning process they were flexible, and sincerely worked to help our vision come to life. When inevitable challenges would arise (as they do in wedding planning), Pink Avo was the first to step in to help, sometimes when it wasn't even regarding their service! Lastly, the actual quality of the food and service at the wedding, itself, was nothing short of perfection. My guests can't stop raving about the food (especially, appropriately, the stuff-your-own-avocados!) and service. They even accommodated food allergies that hadn't been previously addressed! Do yourself a favor and hire these folks for your event. You won't regret it. And if they aren't available on your date, seriously considering moving your date! :)

Reviewed on 3/31/2016 Jenny P

Cannot say enough good things about PA! They were so friendly and helpful from start to finish. From the initial planning, Sarah was very responsive and attentive to our questions. She provided a lot of reassurance and made us feel very comfortable with the whole process.... Read More The food was phenomenal! Both at the tasting and at the wedding! Our guests were all super impressed with the food and service. We did family style with beef tenderloin, sea bass and a butternut squash lasagna as the vegetarian option. The lasagna was divine! The steak and fish were cooked to perfection...everything arrived hot to the tables and looked like it was prepared just before dinner service. I've been to weddings where you could tell your plate sat for a little while and then reheated but this was not the case at all! They did a great job with the appetizers as well. Everyone I talked to who knew about PA had nothing but good things to say, and now I get to rave about them as well!

Reviewed on 3/12/2016 adrienne k

We loved working with Sammy and his team at Pink Avocado. Even though we had other catering vendors come in slightly lower during the bid process, we just got the best vibe from Pink Avocado. He was always extremely responsive, attentive and ready to help us with whatever random... Read More requests we had. We planned our wedding remotely, and when we went in for our tasting Sammy and his team did a great job of welcoming us, encouraging us to be brutally honest with any changes we had to the menu we had created together. I also have some very severe allergies, and they made me feel so comfortable and confident that they could easily work with all my allergies. Additionally, we had several guests that we knew would attend the wedding with issues to gluten and lactose, and Sammy and his chef did an amazing job of working with us to find alternatives for all the dietary needs. On our Wedding Day the team helped made sure that everything was set up well in advance of our guests arriving and did a great job of assisting with the room flip. The team lead for Pink Avocado introduced himself to Kevin and I and make sure that we knew he was happy to get us anything we needed - made sure to deliver our plates and drinks to us and was fabulous to work with. The food was amazing, from our queso bar, to chicken piccatta to all of the speciality cocktails the bartenders made for our guests - we heard rave reviews from so many people following the wedding. And our celiac guests were so happy to have multiple options to choose from. Even though we didn't use Pink Avocado for our desserts, they were nice enough to bring extra plates for our desserts to be plated on, so the dessert table looked beautiful too. I would highly recommend working with Sammy and his team at Pink Avocado to anyone who's looking for a wedding caterer - they were such fun to work with!!

Reviewed on 12/07/2015 Whitney W

The food was AMAZING! We had numerous people tell us it was the best wedding food they have ever had! We even had a few who asked us for our caterer’s number. Calling it wedding food seems like an understatement. This food was truly delicious. From the beginning Sammy was... Read More incredibly accommodating. The initial menu proposal was amazing- they were able to come up with dishes that perfectly fit our taste based on the brief questionnaire provided. Pink Avocado did a great job of working within our budget while still providing us with everything we wanted. The build-your-own avocado bar and our late night snack of french fries and milkshakes were my two personal favorites. The only downside: having to take pictures while everyone else got to enjoy the tasty avocado bar during the cocktail hour!