Scripps Seaside Forum

Banquet/Reception Hall, Unusual/Alternative

8610 Kennel Way, La Jolla, CA

Gorgeous venue

Reviewed on 3/24/2015 Lydia B

This place is a beautiful shell to have a wedding! With views and stairs of the beach, everyone was impressed. You do get to bring in all your own vendors and just need to use an approved caterer. That does make this place more expensive than others because nothing is included. I loved being able to customize everything. This really worked out for us and I would highly recommend!

Best venue EVER!

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Kathleen K

Everything about this venue was amazing. They were very easy to work with, they scheduled all appointments and walk throughs easily and worked well with myself and my wedding planner. I wasn't expecting it but there were security guards there who kindly asked bystanders who where not invited to the wedding to be respectful. Every person that we dealt with was very friendly and accommodating, which made the experience amazing. It is a pretty bare canvas and you have to bring in all of the vendors but the facility is exceptionally clean, new and highlights the best of southern California beauty. I will recommend this venue to everyone I know! Amazing :)

Eve and Tony 7-28-13

Reviewed on 8/19/2013 eve k

Donna Stout and Bibiana were amazingly helpful and responsive. We waited a year and a half for this venue and it was totally worth it! One look at this place and I knew I has to get married here! Everything was perfection! The one thing that would have been more convenient would be if you could use your caterer for the bar service instead of Guisseppe's. although Guisseppe's was great it was one additional thing to coordinate. I HIGHLY recommend this venue if you want a beautiful beach wedding with amazing photos and parking! It is first class all the way!

Amazing

Reviewed on 6/19/2013 Ashley S

May 31st 2013 was a beautiful day the weather was perfect. The Scripps Seaside forum is so beautiful its a place that you can have a indoor ourdoor wedding overlooking the beach without being in the sand.

Perfect Day

Reviewed on 2/23/2013 Colleen F

The Forum was perfect! People can't stop talking about how amazing our venue was. The weather was out of this world, in January, and it was great to have the outside area for people to enjoy. I'm certain this is the best venue in San Diego!

Beautiful location!

Reviewed on 10/20/2012 Jeanette D

This is a wonderful location to have your wedding or any kind of party! The view will awe your guests, especially your out of towners as they watch the sunset over the ocean. The venue itself is a beautifully simple building that can be dressed up as much as you'd like. The only downside is you have to clear out by 11pm (including clean up time) so you can only have your party til 10pm. The staff is very nice and easy to work with. Guests or you have to pay for parking at this venue.

Beautiful venue

Reviewed on 9/18/2012 Eveline S

Gorgeous venue....the only downside is that you have to rent everything. But we had our dream wedding here!

Stunning!

Reviewed on 7/30/2012 Cassie L

We had our wedding here 16 days ago and it was beautiful. The venue is so gorgeous you don't need many decorations/flowers to still have people's jaws dropping.

Beautiful venue, right by the beach

Reviewed on 6/07/2012 Alison B

Once we had decided on a San Diego wedding, my groom and I knew that we wanted to take advantage of the weather with an outdoor ceremony. Additionally, I loved the idea of a beach wedding but didn’t want to deal with sand. The Scripps Forum lawn, just a few feet above the sand, was the perfect compromise. Even though we had rented the lawn area only (which I don’t think you can even do anymore), Donna was very accommodating with rain plans and providing a room where I could get dressed. One hurdle of planning an event at any UCSD venue is the additional insurance required, but Donna was also quite helpful in figuring out how to do this. Furthermore, I appreciated the responsiveness of Donna and her team at the Forum – phone calls and e-mails were returned promptly. I also liked their consistency – Donna was the one to show us the venue on our first visit, I worked with her throughout the planning, and she was there during our rehearsal, set-up, and ceremony. The Forum was a great place to have our ceremony and the staff made sure that everything was set up to happen the way I envisioned and that everything ran smoothly on our big day.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 4/09/2012 Victoria L

This place is gorgeous and we could not have had a better location!

Amazing location for Ceremony and Reception

Reviewed on 3/15/2012 Hannah M

Watch the sunset by La Jolla pier and tie the knot. Absolutely amazing set up for a wedding. The staff is great and very helpful. We had 130 guest and everything fit very nicely. It's hard to get a day reserved at this beautiful modern place so don't wait!

Breathtakingly Beautiful, Very Poor Service

Reviewed on 3/11/2012 Judie L

I contacted them for a tour and ended up getting lost so I was late. The staff there was very short with me over the phone and just handed me over to someone else when I arrived. The gentleman that showed me the space just gave a laundry list of things that are not allowed, which did not sell me on the space at all. The view though, is gorgeous, but just thinking of having to deal with these people throughout the planning process and on the day of my wedding made me nervous as they literally do not care. I emailed and apologized for being late and asked what are the next steps in securing the venue (as it is breathtakingly beautiful), and she again just forwarded my email to someone else, without so much as a reply or acknowledgement. From my brief interactions with the staff here, they are very rude and only do the bare minimum. I've contacted other raw space event venues with staff that have gone the extra mile to make sure I have all the information I need. It really has put the service here into perspective as I do not want vendors that will only do the bare minimum for my wedding day.

Great location, bad service

Reviewed on 10/24/2011 Rachelle F

If it wasn't for the fact that this venue is right on the ocean and has such natural beauty, I would not have chosen this location. The event manager was not helpful. They are disorganized and confused on pricing and charges. They provide you with nothing for the day of, except a lot of rules and regulations. The location is amazing, but you will have to do so much work on your own to make things happen. This includes getting an additional $2 million liability insurance. I think there are many better options in wonderful San Diego to pick from.

Gorgeous "green" venue on the beach

Reviewed on 9/12/2011 Lisa M

This place was beautiful and all our guests were very impressed! My only complaint is that some things were difficult - the catering list had a link to the wrong caterer and as a result, got both me and the caterer's hopes up and wasted some precious time. Also, I was given the ok to do a few things and later found out it wasn't ok (e.g. being told I could use a licensed bartender when I could not), and getting the proper insurance for all the vendors was a bit of a pain. Other than those minor difficulties it was an awesome venue and we highly recommend it!

Wonderful

Reviewed on 5/31/2011 Adrienne J

We loved everything about the location, especially that we could book the interior area to provide a rain back-up and wind sheltered area for our bar. We did have to use outside catering adn rentals.

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 5/09/2011 Sarah O

This venue is amazing. It looks over the ocean while both outside venue and inside. The staff was very helpful. Our guests were amazed by an amazing location this was. We received compliments all night and for weeks after.

Dream location

Reviewed on 5/04/2011 Julie H

If you want to hear the sound of the ocean and the waves without dragging your dress and your guests through the sand, this spot is perfect.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 3/01/2011 Lisa B

You couldn't ask for anything better than the Scripps Seaside Forum. The location and views are amazing, the buidling is beautiful, and the staff were very helpful and accomodating. Since this is a venue only and catering, event managing, rentals, etc. are your own responsibility, it is a little more work than your all in one type venues. But, I must say it is definitely worth it. Plus, you get to control the costs more when you get to pick your own vendors. Be warned that this place books up fast and early! Even if the online calendar says that the day is "Busy," give them a call anyway because they may just be holding the date for someone.

A Hidden Treasure

Reviewed on 1/12/2011 Deanna M

Scripps Seaside forum was a spectacular venue. The view is so beautiful. I got married under a canopy of of flowing orchids while the sounds of the wzves crashed behind us and the beautiful clouds slowly moved above us. Our wedding was in November and we could not have gotten a more beautiful day. Our rehearsal was on Thursday and it was over 90 degrees due to a heat wave and the temperature dropped in perfect time. It wasnt too cold and it wasnt too hot. Several of my guests have told me it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever seen. I feel so lucky this hidden treasure was recommended to me. And the venue price was reasonable compared to others. I lucked out because this venue is usually booked on Fridays and Saturdays up to 2 years in advance. I got engageged in May of 2010 and started looking for a place mid June 2010. There were no openings at the forum, but I kept looking at the their website and suddenly I saw November 6th had opened up. It was truly and unforgettable day. The forum also provides a large screen so you can play a slideshow. The person working at the forum will do it for you during the reception. The guests LOVED it.

Best Venue in SD

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Kim R

The Forum is a spectacular venue!! The setting is perfect- overlooking the beach with a very modern, cool building. With the floor to ceiling glass doors that open up, it can be in inside/outside venue all at once. Donna is great to work with and I can't say enough about what a cool place this is. We didn't want to be in a ballroom and this was just the opposite. There aren't enough good words to say about this place!!

Send Email