The Point

milwaukee, WI

Book Your Wedding with The Point

A BACKYARD IN MILWAUKEE, WI

The Point is the largest venue in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Based in Walker's Point near the historical Third Ward and Milwaukee Bay, The Point sits in the heart of this Midwestern city's growing nightlife scene. Couples can pair this venue with either a church or courthouse ceremony, as they are within a two-to-five-mile radius. The Point is also known for welcoming the LGBTQ community.

The Point's beautiful outer facade includes an outdoor cabana and waterfall. The property is wheelchair accessible. The venue seats 250 guests indoors and 150 guests on the outdoor patio. The Point is available for indoor and uncovered outdoor ceremonies and receptions and gives a metropolitan New York nightlife-styled venue a Midwestern flair. The venue also hosts engagement parties, bachelor and bachelorette parties as well as bridal showers.

The Point offers free parking for all guests. Reception packages include access to a bridal suite, setup and breakdown, chairs, tables, linens, china, draping, lighting, dance floor, aisle runners, additional decor, chair covers, audio equipment, barware and centerpieces.

An event planner is available to help couples determine the layout for their special day. Outside of cake cutting service, all catering must be handled by outside vendors. Florals must also be handled through an outside vendor. For those couples who want to incorporate chocolate into their reception, a chocolate fountain is also available. The Point has a full bar and DJ booth so guests can dance and mingle the night away.

The Point has a valid liquor license and liability insurance to ensure all legalities are handled. Bar service includes experienced bartenders serving premium and house liquors, house beers and house wines. Couples can choose between having a limited, cash or open bar. As always, it's advised that couples carry their own event insurance as a precaution to cover any damages caused by a guest or someone within the bridal party.

For guests who are digitally connected or social-media-conscious, The Point has free Wi-Fi so everyone can stay in the know when that special day unfolds. Shuttle and valet services are not offered and have to be provided through outside vendors that provide their own liability insurance.

If you are a history or pop culture buff, having your reception at The Point is just the beginning. Check out these fun extra perks:

• Close to the Bronze Fonz, Milwaukee Gargoyles and Grotesques, Pierhead Lighthouse and Gertie the Duck
  • Shopping and activities in the Historical Third Ward with gallery nights, restaurants, boutiques and retail shops

The Point , Milwaukee's most fabulous event venue

Tucked in the heart of Walker's Point with plenty of FREE PARKING , 5000 sq ft Grand Oasis patio with waterfall , pond , cabana bar you are sure to have a fantastic wedding because THE POINT includes this with your event! Inside you will feel the contemporary flair of a cool NYC lounge complete with a full bar, Dj Booth, Lighting and a state of the art sound system.;. dare to be different! My company specializes in service , quality and darn good prices because we want you to be able to AFFORD your Wedding! We have a capacity for up to 245 inside and our Patio holds another 150!

Backyard, Ballroom, Garden

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

906 S Barclay Street, milwaukee, WI (414) 364-3761

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Monique N

We can't say enough positive comments about our wedding day at The Point. Elizabeth was phenomenal from the first time we met her when we began the process of searching for a venue. In spite of our hesitation of using a new venue, she assured us that everything would be fine,... Read More and it was beyond our expectations! On the day of our wedding, everything was perfect. We had our ceremony outside by the beautiful waterfall. During the reception, the bartenders were attentive..both inside and outside. Elizabeth and Clai were on site to make sure that our event went smoothly. We would highly recommend The Point if you are looking for a hip and trendy venue in Walker's Point.

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Sam L

My wife and I had our wedding on July 1st and had an amazing time. The Point is an awesome Urban setting for a wedding in the City of Milwaukee. The interior is beautiful with some remnants from its club days with a large disco ball and lounge seating. It is also extremely well... Read More appointed with a nice bar and huge stage for live music and bands. However, what really sets The Point apart from the competition is the awesome outdoor space that has a Tiki Bar, fire pit, water fall, and of course... super sized Jenga!! The staff was great in helping us set up a great beer/wine list, organize seating, and help with the logistics of where to set up food and music. There wasn't as much assistance the day of the event as we were expecting so I'd recommend having a friend or a wedding planner for that day to help deal with odds and ends to give you some more time to sit back and enjoy your day. The bar staff was also fantastic as they kept the drinks pouring, helped queue up some music, and were great with all of the guests. At the end of the festivities we were also pleasantly surprised by how reasonable the the venue, staff, and drink packages were vs. the competition in the area. I highly recommend the Point!! We had countless guests tell us how much they loved the location and were surprised that something like this existed right in the city of Milwaukee. Great Venue and even better people!!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Rebecca S

I only put 1 star because it's required. If there was an option to have no stars, that's what I would have selected. My fiancé and I booked an appointment to tour this venue. We arrived about a half hour early and the doors were locked, lights out. We knew we were early so... Read More we stayed until the time of our appointment. Still locked, still no lights. I called the number listed and it went to voicemail. I left a message that we had an appointment at this time but there was no one around, doors locked, lights off, etc. We stayed a few more minutes for good measure before we decided to leave. About ten minutes later I received a call back. The man I spoke to said first that he was there and waiting, and had not seen anyone so he left. When I said we had been there for a half an hour, he then changed his story and said he did see us waiting, but did not know it was us, so he left. There was a man who came out of a side door and left at about 11:45, 15 minutes before our scheduled time. I didn't think anything of it, figured it was maintenance or something. When I told him that if that was indeed him, that meant he left 15 minutes prior to our appointment time anyway, and did not approach us to verify if we were there for the tour. He then said he was driving back right now if we wanted to wait; I told him that we had other things we needed to do that day. The man then stated we could reschedule if we'd like, then said "My house just burned down, not sure if you saw it on the news". If that is the case, I'm very sorry for him, but it was not the place or time to be discussing that and certainly unprofessional to use it as an excuse or a way to make us feel bad when he missed the appointment. Right before he hung up, he said "wow, what a rude..." before the line disconnected. I was leery about touring this place to begin with based on past reviews. Every place is bound to have both positive and negative reviews, but what worried me was the owner's response to the negative reviews, which was defensive and argumentative as opposed to apologetic and a promise to fix the problem in the future. This was our first venue tour, and I have to say I'm shocked and disappointed. Hoping that other venues do not treat us the same way.

2017-04-30T15:35:32 Response from the vendor

Hello this is Clai and I personally want to apologize , on Friday our house at 2207 S. Woodward in Bayview was on fire we lost everything however this should not impact your experience with us. I was in the venue until 11:45 and left... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Tara D

Beautiful venue and wonderful staff!!! Thanks again for an amazing day!!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Marissa E

My husband and I were married in "The Point," over the Summer and just got back from our HONEYMOON ( yes it was late , lol) . First I want to start off by saying if you are looking for a venue with a beautiful outdoor setting this is it our ceremony was just gorgeous not to say... Read More the real PALM TREES were a bonus. Our Wedding planner who met with Elizabeth several times mentioned what great service we were getting of course I was not involved in all the planning. Our guests, our families and our friends loved the interior of "The Point, " and kept saying they cannot wait to have their Wedding their. One of the things we really loved was we could have any caterer we wanted but ended up going with their recommendation Lisa Kaye catering who not only was affordable but great food and a lot for your money. We just wanted to leave a review letting everyone know what a great place this was for us.

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Pat S

My wife and I recently had a wedding in late June and first we want to say how great the bar staff is they really made this special night incredible for both of us , our guests , our family and our friends. I personally highly recommend this venue we received not only a great... Read More price for rental but a few extra things that you would not have received anywhere else. We look forward to hanging out in their Sangria Bar and bringing back our Wedding Party once it opens for the Summer season. They are a little bit easier to work with than most venues as you can enjoy your own caterer and decorate as you wish many other venues had restrictions on this.

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Lindsay O

The positives: 1. Ask for Pat. Without her our wedding reception would have been crazy. She is great and made sure to get us what we needed. She provided us a place to park, place to store our belongings, ideas for setup and function. She was there all night for our wedding. 2.... Read More Bar- the bar is huge so it easily held all of our guests. 3. Space- the space is great. We really loved the modern warehouse look. Disco ball is so fun. 4. The bar/coat check/staff - they were helpful and customer friendly. 5. Price- very reasonable for the area! Its really cool with a lot of great space- inside and out; but we had some issues which have hopefully been corrected. Plan ahead. Ask questions.

Reviewed on 8/10/2016

I want to start off by saying that the venue is beautiful & if I were to rate the venue itself I'd give it a 4. But I can't because this experience just left a bitter taste in my mouth & this was a big investment. Toured the venue with Clai Dec 2015; booked in Jan 2016 for... Read More wedding set for Aug 2016. Clai was very good at selling; I was convinced & booked the venue. Paid upfront. I was promised a lot of things throughout planning process; to name a few: 1. I can buy Xmas lights to add to the ceiling; 2. layout with chairs for ceremony then staff will reset with tables & chairs for reception; 3. floor plan w/32 tables, seat 250; 4. Staff available on day of rehearsal & wedding to help as needed; 5. Unlimited beer noted in my contract. I was told 9 days before wedding that I can't have xmas lights added to ceiling bc it's a fire hazard, I already bought my lights months ago. I was told in April that they couldn't do a set up with seats for ceremony then switch to tables & chairs for the reception, so I ended up just setting for the reception. I was never given a layout no matter how many times I asked, then was informed they won't know layout until night before the wedding. Day of, there wasn't 32 tables laid out, had to rearrange tables ourselves. Was told in April I wouldn't have unlimited beer, that I'd have to purchase kegs. So we purchased 3 kegs of corona in April. In July I said I might add another keg but will confirm if I do, I never did, they still made me pay extra the night of. Day of wedding while I was in the bridal room (which was promised by Clai that they will have it fixed with better lighting but didnt), a staff came in & told me they couldn't get my kegs so they went & purchased bottles instead "equivalent" to amount I paid for kegs & they tossed in 1 keg of spotted cow as complimentary. I told them not to serve beer until 7:30PM, they served earlier anyway. An hour or so into dinner Elizabeth told my husband & father-in-law we ran out of beer. How is that possible? I spent at least $800 on beer. Then 1 hour or so left of the event they said they found 10 more boxes of bottled beer. Then they started serving can beer. They don't remember anything nor communicate. I gave a copy of my wedding timeline to Elizabeth a week before my wedding & I asked her to be there before 3 so she can help light the candles. She said she'd be there that morning during set up and return by 3 the latest. She texted me the day of my wedding & had no idea what time my wedding was. She wasn't there at set up & came 30 minutes or so before 4. I had someone else light my candles. If it weren't for family & friends who offered to help me on the day of my wedding, I would have had little to no staff helping me. The only staff who was helpful was the guy who let me use his laptop to play and set up my slideshow. I will give them credit for renting a mic for me, but it was wired so my father in law had to ask a family friend to bring his wireless mics and we went out to purchase a stand an hour before the ceremony. Another credit I'll give them is they built a set of stairs in front of the stage at my request. I should have listened to my gut in the beginning. If you plan to use this venue then don’t solely rely on what one person says because Clai and Elizabeth continuously contradict each other. One says, yes you can do this, the other says no you can’t. A lot of the promises made did not get carried through!!

2016-08-10T18:47:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your reply as I am the owner of THE POINT and personally spent time this past Saturday with VU and her family the whole day for the Wedding. I truly felt that the family and VU were very happy with all of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/07/2016

Please be very careful with this venue and make sure to get all of the details in writing. We would even recommend having your lawyer look through the contract with you before you sign it. Liz is great, but her business partners have some shady practices and dealings. Just be... Read More aware, be careful, and make sure you get everything in writing, including what will happen if the venue closes or is sold to another owner before your wedding date. Double- and triple-check everything.

2016-08-10T18:42:13 Response from the vendor

Hi , I am a little perplexed by this post as we did not do a Wedding for you and wondering why you would leave a message like this! I am the new owner and have been the owner for the last Year and A... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Kate

I was looking forward to having my wedding here, but was sadly disappointed. During my initial correspondence, I was underquoted by $1000, which was clarified by the partner. This lack of communication was further verified when, 4 days after my check was cashed (6 days after my... Read More contract was signed), I was told that the partner had double booked my wedding date 3 weeks prior. How two partners did not talk to clarify dates (or use something such as Google Calendar) is beyond me. I was offered free drinks in exchange for moving my date (they only had one available date during the month that I had already negotiated with work to have some time off during). This was unfortunately a no-go. They took 8 days to get me my check back - one would think that if a business had the gall to break their own contract, they would at least try to remedy it ASAP ("one would think" being the operative phrase). What really gets me is that the venue continues to advertise how it is giving away its space for free, but couldn't manage to reimburse me in either a timely manner or for the pain that it was having to start the venue search again (especially since I had cancelled multiple meetings as I thought that a contract would be legally binding). It turned out to be an incredibly frustrating experience that I would not wish on anybody else.

2016-07-07T08:57:44 Response from the vendor

Whatever we can do to satisfy your frustration please let me know asap 414-364-3761

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

I will give this place one star for initial good salesmanship and a fair-looking venue, and preface everything by saying that I really wanted to like this place. In fact, I really wanted to have my wedding here, which led me to ignore several ominous signs. I emailed Clai on... Read More 05/08/16, and was told the price was $1500 for everything. Met with his partner Liz 05/14/16, and was told the price was $2500, but negotiated for $2000 for the space + $350 set up/tear down fee (appropriate given the poor communication between business partners, which should have been the first red flag). The contract was signed mid-day 05/18/16 (for the full amount, ie the 2nd red flag). It was cashed 1.5 days later on 05/20/16. On 05/24/16, I was informed via text that “my partner double booked the day of your wedding 3 weeks ago”. Was offered “table champagne” on the house if we continued to book with them. They only had one date in the month that I was looking at for next year (which unfortunately didn’t work, as my fiancé gets 4 days off a month and doesn’t have much schedule flexibility). Since scheduling with their one available date didn’t work, I emailed them 05/25/16 (Wednesday) to get my check back and was told “I ca. Get it to you early next week”, which I took to mean that I would have a check Monday or Tuesday. The next Wednesday came, and I had heard nothing. I had to email and then call to try and get my money back. I finally got the check on Thursday 06/02/16, without any further compensation for them breaking their own contract (we could further go into the mild to moderate hypocrisy of them charging $850 if we were to cancel, but that they get off scott-free). However, they do state in their contract that “The Point will not be liable if they are unable to provide services or fulfill requests of obligations because of situations that arise due to…causes beyond their reasonable control” – I personally do not think that talking with one’s business partner is “beyond [one’s] reasonable control”, but apparently they do. In effect, they proved their contract means nothing in terms of having a date actually reserved, which is pretty important for planning a big event. It was very frustrating – they got their money, and then tried to make us switch to another date while making it a pain to get our money back despite their egregious error. Their paltry offering of table champagne for them violating their contract is abhorrent; breaking your own contract should carry some bigger penalties. All-in-all, their business practice is ridiculously (almost comically) bad – the two partners apparently don’t talk to one another, they require full down payment on a venue that might or might not actually be available for the date on the contract, they can back out of their contract at any time without penalty, and they drag their feet about return on investment. Some other highlights of their wonderful “contract”. “…within 72 hours of singing contract” (we did “sing” it, but I guess that still wasn’t enough to make it valid?), “…sequins-confetti or tinsel is stickily prohibited”, “Our preferred caters list holds an exclusive food.” (also…what?), “…so lighting in the Domes will be different…” (wrong venue, props on the plagiarism). The stock photos on their website are also pretty great (some complete with watermarks).

2016-07-07T09:00:29 Response from the vendor

We kindly made a human mistake of which we never make in this instance and your refund was given. We also asked to meet with you as we had all the intentions on giving you the place with out charge. I am sorry that this... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/09/2016 Haley B