Thunderhawk Golf Club

Beach Park, IL

Book Your Wedding with Thunderhawk Golf Club

A BALLROOM IN BEACH PARK, IL

Situated in the Chicago suburbs, Illinois, Thunderhawk Golf Club is a breathtaking destination ideal for classy wedding ceremonies, receptions and bridal showers. This pristine venue sprawls across rolling hills revealing its beauty of natural contours, ponds, manicured grass and sand traps. From small to large weddings, Thunderhawk Golf Club ensures that the once in a lifetime experience remains unforgettable.

Thunderhawk Golf Club has outstanding amenities such as quality audiovisual equipment, a well-furnished bridal suite, bathrooms, proper air-conditioning and designer lighting fixtures. The following spaces options can be used for hosting ceremonies, receptions and bridal showers on the property.

The Banquet Hall is an elegant event space with large windows and wooden flooring. Its plain interior finishing facilitates easy customization and redecoration. Couples may choose to rearrange this room’s furniture setup so as to create adequate dance floor space. The banquet hall can accommodate up to 200 seated guests.

The Patio overlooks the dense wooded section of the golf course hence providing a serene ambience for exchanging vows. Its brick flooring, open-air nature and strategically positioned potted plants blend to offer unmatched beauty. The patio can also be used for open-air receptions.

Food For Thought Dining Services is the exclusive caterer in Thunderhawk Golf Club. The caterer guarantees four selections of hors d’oeuvres, a champagne toast, four hours of preferred bar option and a plated dinner. In addition, couples are expected to confirm menu selections within 30 days of the event date.

There are a number of bar packages available. It is important to note that no shots or Long Island iced teas are allowed on the property at any time. Complimentary bartenders are provided by the venue. Thunderhawk Golf Club provides customized linen packages including full-length tablecloths, chair covers and colored napkins. Also, the venue offers beautiful mirrored centerpieces and votive candles.

The venue requires a $1,500 deposit during contract signing. A second deposit of $1,500 is due six months prior to the event date. All payments must be made in full 10 days before the event date. Moreover, couples are expected to provide a list of guaranteed number of guests within 10 days of the ceremony or reception date. All services are subject to a 20 percent staffing charge and a separate sales tax. In addition, prices at Thunderhawk Golf Club may be adjusted as a result of an unusual increase in expenses.

The staff readily assist couples in the setup and decoration of the event spaces. Thunderhawk Golf Club must approve all decorating concepts at least 30 days in advance. In addition, glitter, confetti or decorations smaller than 1-inch are not permitted in the property. A cleanup fee will be billed for couples who fail to adhere to this policy.

Other notable perks offered by Thunderhawk Golf Club include:

• Ample parking
  • Wedding coordinator
  • Easy access to Illinois Beach state park
  • Easy access to Great Lakes Naval Museum

Stunning Wedding Destination-Spectacular Views

Food for Thought at Thunderhawk is an elegant yet rustic venue with wood beamed ceilings, stone fireplaces, and a large brick patio. Every event is customized to meet the needs and style of the couple. FFT catering can create a unique menu and execute an unforgettable event with attention to detail

Ballroom, Country Club, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

39700 North Lewis Ave., Beach Park, IL (847) 968-3450

Truly Perfect

Reviewed on 4/26/2014 Breanna R

The second my husband and I visited this place we knew it was where we wanted our wedding to be. It had just the look we wanted with high ceilings in the middle and exposed wood with giant picture windows looking out onto the green. We knew this would make for a stunning... Read More backdrop for the ceremony and we were right! The natural lighting that came through the window on the day of the wedding was spectacular and absolutely perfect for gorgeous photographs. The venue was easy to work with as well and was very flexible with us to cater to how we wanted our night to go. They were also very open with letting me decorate the room how I wanted. Jody (the coordinator there) was great to work with and very organized and helped our night go flawlessly. We ended up having both the ceremony and reception all in their building and they did a fantastic job of swapping the room around from ceremony to reception. The room itself is not huge but I think it was a perfect size for our 120 guests to fit comfortably all night. And the food was fantastic! We had SO many compliments on how great it was. We truly had a wonder experience with them, from the planning to the execution. We could not have asked for anything better.

Gorgeous

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Kate A

The venue was absolutely beautiful and our coordinator did a great job with all the details!

Excellent!

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Jenna R

The coordination process was seamless and well planned. The lead-up to the wedding was stress-free and the reception itself was perfect. The servers were fantastic; the food was delicious; the venue was beautiful. I couldn't have asked for anything better!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Debbie R

I knew this was the venue I wanted the second we walked in. It is absolutely beautiful and doesn't have that "banquet facility" feel at all. Jody was exceptional to work with, she answered all our questions promptly and really helped with the planning. The food was excellent and... Read More they even accommodated gluten intolerant guests with special meals. Every detail of our wedding was covered with no flaws at all, it was seamless and so smooth.

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Anna M

If I could give more stars, I would! Thunderhawk was a beautiful venue with amazingly accommodating and talented staff. Jody is laid back and such a joy to work with during the planning process and Chef Ann is so talented! Reasonable prices, beautiful venue, and wonderful... Read More people....can't really beat it! It is truly a hidden gem of Lake County! I can not more strongly recommend researching this place for your wedding, shower or corporate event! Thank you, Thunderthawk team for making my wedding day so beautiful and carefree! I truly got to enjoy and savor the day because of your hard work!

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Yenny G

We had our wedding here on June 20, 2015. The venue is absolutely beautiful and was a great size to accommodate my wedding (170 people). Jody was very helpful during my whole planning process and very accommodating to request I had made. Many for our guest raved about the food.... Read More Thanks, Ann! They also mentioned how great the service was during the event. I have a couple family members who are planning events in the near future and are now considering Thunderhawk as their venue. Thank you for going above and beyond with your service and making our day memorable!

Overall very great

Reviewed on 7/20/2014 Holly F

Unlike other vendors I met with, Thunderhawk was very accommodating to changing their traditional wedding package. Jody was wonderful, she returned all my calls and emails so quickly, periodically checked up on me, and the night before my wedding she was up until midnight... Read More willing to help me with anything I needed. The cook, Ann, was also great and a wonderful cook. The only thing that I was disappointed with was that the food served at the wedding was not the same as the food they served us at the food tasting. If the food was the same as the tasting I would have given Thunderhawk 6 stars out of 5!

Wedding Reception at Thunderhawk

Reviewed on 11/04/2012 Allison C

We had our wedding reception at Thunderhawk Golf Club and would definitely recommend it to others looking for a wedding reception venue. The service was wonderful and many of our guests commented on how delicious the food was. The outside setting was beautiful for our fall... Read More wedding.

Thunderhawk Golf Lodge Ceremony and Reception

Reviewed on 10/02/2011 Ashley V

We had our ceremony out on the patio at the lodge in September, and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful scene. There are many mature trees in the background, beautiful stone patio, all over looking the golf course. For the reception, we moved inside. We really enjoyed... Read More the lodgey feel, and the cathedral ceiling and floor to ceiling window really added to the unique feel of this venue. There is a dual-way fireplace at the front of the large dance floor, and a large bar on one side. The set up and decor (chair covers and linens included) were perfect for us! We would definitely recommend this venue to those couples looking for something besides the normal "Banquet Wedding" feel (especially if you enjoy the outdoors!)