Voted #1 Wedding Venue in Central Virginia 2017

Walden Hall is an award winning luxury Bed and Breakfast and wedding venue. The estate sits on 10 acres of rolling green hills with a 2-acre pond and beautiful event barn. The property is surrounded by over 1000 acres of rolling hills and forest with beautiful mountain views. Our wedding suite includes a large bedroom with fireplace, spacious bathroom, dressing room and bridal parlor with a view of the pond below. Enjoy 4 more guest suites, a saltwater pool with outdoor grill and a basement bar. We host elegant elopements and large weddings with up to 200 guests. Countless photo ops around our grounds and several ceremony location choices allow you to explore your surroundings and enjoy our amazing views!

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Waterfront, Garden, Hotel, Mansion + Estate, Mountain, Park

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Planning, Rentals + Equipment

17440 True Blue Lane, Reva, VA (540) 509-1440
WEBSITE TWITTER INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Patrick D

Sometimes you read reviews and think there's no way it can be that good, well it definitely can! The team at Walden Hall made our day so perfect that it was beyond anything we could have dreamed! Everything just comes together and is completely flawless. The service is... Read More impeccable, and the brunch is second to none! Our bridal party and guests were treated like royalty! They could not stop talking about how impressed they were with the friendly staff and service. They were not just serving you, they were taking care of you and had pride in their work. The entire estate is absolutely gorgeous, and we loved having our wedding in the barn. I'd recommend this venue to ANYONE who wants their wedding day to be perfect without having to worry about every detail, because Walden Hall is already 2 steps ahead and will make your day absolutely stunning!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Emily B

I cannot express how absolutely flawless my wedding day was at Walden Hall. The owners were very accommodating, flexible, organized, prompt and easy to contact with any questions or concerns with swift responses and helpful solutions. The way they provide a venue coordinator in... Read More the package makes ALL the difference. I literally had ZERO stress. The usual wedding concerns were none of mine. A Plan B for weather? They have options for indoor and outdoor ceremonies, so no need to worry about the weather. Decor? Forget spending an arm and a leg on crafts store wedding decor that you'll never be able to reuse, as the entire venue, in the barn and outside it, are Pinterest-chic; designed in a rustic, antique style from floor to ceiling. Food? Instead of hunting down every catering company, they have a list of preferred caterers to choose from, all of which are reasonable. We had brunch food and my goodness, it was perfect. Every tour and visit went swimmingly. They didn't rush us, and let us explore and ask questions. Eric checked in via email on my personal booking progress to make sure everything was going okay. Overall, everything was perfect. Everyone had a blast. This was honestly the first and the last venue we looked at; we were sold immediately by its charm. I'm not being bias when I say it was the best wedding ever thanks to Walden Hall!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Emily B

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Tiffany B

We had the best wedding that we could have dreamed of and it is all thanks to Eric and his staff at Walden Hall. He was with us every step of the planning process and was so accommodating to what we needed and wanted. Leading up to the day he was always on top of his game. On... Read More the day of our wedding he was awesome! He worked well with our day of coordinator and the vendors. Everything went off without a hiccup! I mean he even made the sky clear up so we could have the waterfront wedding that we had always envisioned! :) The accommodations on site were top notch! I would recommend this venue and quality of service to anyone looking to get married in the beautiful wine country of Virginia!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Raquel N

Eric at Walden Hall is a GEM! We had a destination wedding weekend at the gorgeous estate with over 100 guests and it was the most amazing weekend of our lives! Eric made the weekend happen for us! The venue was amazing and offers many solutions based on your desire as a bride.... Read More You can get married outside on the manicured lawn, in the gardens, in a beautiful barn, around the pool, just so many locations to choose from. The guest rooms at Walden Hall are nicer than anywhere we had ever stayed and are wonderful! Eric was responsive to EVERY email and phone call I made and he made me feel like I was the only person he was working with. I never had to worry about my wedding prior to or the day of. Eric and his staff were flexible and adaptable and handled everything thrown at them. They managed all the wedding vendors for me, helped me with the ceremony and they made sure everything was PERFECT!! The main thing is, the guests had a great time, felt pampered by the staff, and loved the venue and accommodations. The value was exceptional and they went the extra mile! We had a full blown weekend of activities, rehearsal dinner, welcome reception Friday evening, Wedding and Wedding Reception on Saturday and a brunch on Sunday. Just an amazing weekend!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017

Walden Hall is an amazing venue with totally over the top service and offerings! Our wedding could not have been as special anywhere else! It's tough to find people who care as much about your wedding as you do, but not With Walden Hall. The entire property in gorgeous and we... Read More were able to enjoy everything it had to offer for three days! We had our rehearsal dinner by the pool and eric brought in massage therapists and a renowned private chef to make the other days as relaxing as possible. The brunch on Sunday was one of the best I have ever experienced! Our guests are already booking their own getaways at Walden Hall for the winter and Spring.

Reviewed on 10/13/2017

We were very lucky to get married at Walden Hall. The place is beautiful and has its own charm being hidden in the rolling foothills of the mountains. Eric was our wedding expert and he was absolutely amazing - he always answered all my emails right away ( even late at night!),... Read More he was quick and very helpful with decorating tips and ideas. We loved that were allowed to bring our own wine and décor. Our ceremony and reception were absolutely perfect. We had a poolside rehearsal dinner and the twinkle lights and fire column made everything sparkle! We will be back every year to stay at the B&B! Thank you Eric and the whole Walden Hall team for giving us the most perfect day of our lives.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Lauren C

My daughter and her fiancé were married at Walden Hall in October, 2016. As any engaged couple and their parents know, there is so much planning to making this event one of the most memorable for the bride and groom and for family and friends. From day one, Walden Hall has... Read More worked closely with us to ensure that this day would be memorable. We worked with Eric Fulton, general manager and events extraordinaire. He provided excellent service. Walden Hall was the absolute perfect place for a wedding. Eric was always available to show us the property and answer the many many questions we had. On the weekend of the wedding, a storm decided to change direction from the weather forecaster’s predictions and move up the mountain line to include the Shenandoah area. Eric remained in close contact with us as weather predictions changed and always had a plan B and plan C for the weather. Luckily, the day of the ceremony, the rain stopped and we had beautiful skies! Walden Hall communicated so well with our vendors and coordinated logistics with them before the event so our coordinator did not have to. We were able to host a wonderful and memorable wedding with the professional and caring attributes of all of our vendors. Many thanks to the staff of Walden Hall!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Carla M

Wow Wow Wow! Trust me- You want your wedding here. Walden Hall is a beautiful wedding venue!! The grounds are perfectly designed for the best flow during the event. Everything from the interior to the exterior is perfect at Walden. The food was amazing and the views of the... Read More mountains were so great! Our guests are still saying that our wedding was the best they have ever been to. :) The staff cares for you and everything is well planned and organized. The amenities are very luxurious and we had a lot to do on the property during our weekend of fun! They have great working relationships with other vendors and don't disappoint. I wish I could re-live our wedding every weekend. Thank you Eric and team!!! Look forward to visiting again soon! Very very soon....

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Leslie H

Eric and the staff at Walden Hall are the best! My husband and I fell in love with the property as soon as we arrived for our first tour. It is so beautiful and and the attention to detail is amazing. Walden Hall offers many ceremony locations and the reception barn is the... Read More nicest barn venue we had ever seen! (and we looked at everything in a 30 mile area..) We loved the flexibility to choose whatever vendors we wanted and Eric was able to make some great recommendations for photographers. We also had the entire estate for the whole weekend for the rehearsal dinner and the night before and after the wedding. Eric was available for many walkthroughs in the months before and his staff were very helpful during our weekend of bliss.. Everything went so smoothly and we were truly able to relax on our wedding day!!! I highly recommend Walden Hall!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Brittany W

Absolutely beautiful!!! Eric was really great to work with, the rooms were awesome, the barn was amazing, we had perfect September weather, it was the best weekend ever!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Carla M

My daughter just had her wedding at Walden Hall for an outdoor ceremony in September. It rained and the staff had plan b set in 3 minutes flat. They moved all of us into the reception venue and it was the most beautiful ceremony I have ever attended. They were able to keep the... Read More large doors to the barn open and preserve the beautiful view across the lake and mountains. The staff were with us every step of the way. They were all pleasant, courteous and extremely helpful. The afterparty was moved from the pool patio to the “Club” and it was a spectacular party indeed! The entire bridal party stayed there all weekend and the rooms and amenities were top notch. They were able to add on spa services and extras last minute! We tried to add on a third night to our stay but unfortunately they were fully booked. :( There is no reason to look anywhere else to have your wedding. If I could give the Walden Hall 10 stars, I would as they deserve it. Bravo to the Staff and all involved in making my daughters wedding pure perfection. I would say this venue radiates class, charm and elegance with a rustic flair. They are the very best. (Tip, book additional nights way in advance! You will want to stay longer!)

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Leslie H

5 months after the event and we're still hearing from people that our wedding was the best they've ever been to! Walden Hall was the absolutely perfect venue- we had about 125 guests and rented the entire property for 3 days. The barn was just such beautiful space with so many... Read More great levels and textures- we barely had to do any decorating. The weather was perfect, a bit warm in the sun but the air cooled down to the perfect temperature by early evening! The staff were so nice and worked so well with the caterer, dj, and other vendors to pull off the event flawlessly. We were able to relax on the day of our wedding and not have to worry about the details! At first we were concerned about guests traveling from New York and DC being able to find the venue and travel there, but there are a few nearby towns (within 15 minutes) that have additional accommodations, wineries, breweries and much more!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Lynn J

Walden Hall really is the best wedding venue in Virginia! It lives up to all the hype. In fact, I booked the venue sight unseen! I knew of a few people who were married there and the photos and layout of the venue were just what I envisioned for my wedding. When I first went to... Read More the venue to meet with Eric, it was even more incredible than I had imagined! I cannot say enough positive things about Eric. He was simply amazing! He was so incredibly responsive and has such a caring personality. From all of the emails, in-person meetings, rehearsal and then the day of, he made me feel like my wedding was the absolute number one priority for Walden Hall. During the wedding, any possible thing I wanted or needed the staff made happen. There is no possible way my wedding would have been what I'd been dreaming about if it wasn't for Eric. The rest of staff at the Inn were so accommodating and welcoming as well. My guests and I felt like royalty from the moment we arrived. From the rehearsal dinner, to the wedding, to the after party by the pool, Walden Hall made my weekend absolutely perfect. My guests are still telling me how it was the best wedding they have ever attended! It was so nice to have friends and family stay on-site and for all of the weekend festivities to happen in one place. If you are looking for your wedding venue, look no further than Walden Hall. You will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Brandon L

Walden Hall is amazing and really allowed Lisa and I to have our dream wedding. They are professional and will work with you to make your day perfect. Eric was excellent to work with and anticipated our every need. Even if you don't have an event here, it should be on your... Read More bucket list of places to visit. My wedding guests are already planning trips to go back and visit.

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Grace M

The BEST of the BEST is the only way to describe Walden Hall. The venue, the staff they are all amazing!!!!! From the moment that I met Eric and Evanne they made my life so easy! My wedding was a destination wedding, so at first I was very nervous to travel all the way to... Read More Culpeper, VA on blind faith, I am from New York so I know good quality venues, but when I finally showed up at Walden Hall it well exceeded any of my expectations! It was the best venue to have my extravagant wedding!!!!! My wedding party consisted of 200 guests and Walden Hall made sure to roll out the red carpet to make us feel welcomed. Everything ran so smoothly and with such ease. Our family and friends continue to talk about how beautiful everything was and how much fun they had. We will always remember their kindness, hard work and professionalism. If you are looking for a fairytale venue to host an awesome wedding, you have to go to Walden Hall. You will definitely not regret this awesome decision.

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Tiffany G

Walden Hall was the absolute perfect wedding venue! Everything surpassed our expectations as well as our guests'. We are still receiving thank you notes from our guests saying what a beautiful and amazing wedding it was... we can best attribute this to the beauty and... Read More professionalism of the Walden Hall and the staff! From the grounds to the delicious food, our day was simply a dream come true! Walden Hall's employees were wonderful and beyond accommodating! Eric was extremely helpful and was available pretty much 24/7 when we had late night questions in the weeks before our wedding. The rehearsal dinner space was excellent and allowed for an easy transition from dinner to casual family time with music and cocktails around the beautiful pool. The reception barn was first class and the photos turned out so so good! The manor house with the suites was gorgeous beyond belief and offered so much to keep us entertained and relaxed for the entire weekend. Words cannot express how happy we were to choose Walden Hall as the beginning of our happily ever after :)

Meet The Manager

Eric

Eric is the General Manager at Walden Hall. He has a robust knowledge of the wedding industry and has been involved in hundreds of weddings of every size in D.C. and Virginia. He loves showing couples around the beautiful property and coming up with creative ways for them to celebrate their big day! Eric started his career working in Washington, D.C., and moved to Culpeper after working for luxury properties in Southeast Asia. Ask him anything about the property!