Dream wedding dresses must always be accompanied by a pair of dream wedding shoes. Whether you are looking for ultimate comfort or a pair of haute couture stunners, wedding wedges are, hands-down, one of the best choices recommended by brides. Comfortable in any setting, wedge wedding shoes are a safe bet to comfortably last you the entire day and into the night, whether you are on grassy terrain for your garden wedding or a repurposed barn out in the country. The best wedges are made so that the platform creates equal weight distribution from the balls of your feet to your toes. The even distribution of weight in your wedding wedges will keep your ankles safer than high heels, and eliminate pressure points in your feet, making for an extremely comfortable wear. The Knot has prepared the best shopping guide for you if you choose to forgo the stilettos but still want to retain some posh femininity with a bit of a heel. We have a fun round-up of wedding wedges in all the bridal colors you can buy right now.
In this article:
Wedding Wedges Tips
1. Make sure to find the right wedge. Make sure you take into consideration where you’ll have your ceremony and reception; the style of wedge wedding shoes you choose should accommodate the type of grounds you’re on. Shop around and try on different styles of wedding wedge heels before committing to one so that you are certain your choice is the best fit for your wedding style and theme.
2. Don’t forget to break your shoes in. When you must stand around for two to three hours taking pictures with the entire family, your thirteen cousins, and fifty work friends, you will wish that you had taken the time to break your shoes in months in advance. One good way to do this is to wear them around your house to do housework; just be careful to keep them clean!
3. Accessorize! Dolling up your wedding wedges with brooches and shoe clips is fun, but here we are talking about accessorizing your shoe to give you maximum comfort. From ball arches to wedding thong wedge sandal toe protectors, make sure you add the necessary accessories to give you all-day comfort in your wedding wedge shoes.
4. Have a spare pair of shoes. Experienced wedding planners recommend always carrying an extra pair of shoes for your wedding. They know that tired and sore feet or a wedding wedge with a broken heel or strap can ruin a bride’s night in about 3.5 seconds.
5. Consider getting a pedicure. Treat yourself to a little bit of luxury and stress relief with a pedicure. Not only will you feel more relaxed, you will also avoid the embarrassment of naked toes and ugly, calloused feet when your groom takes your shoe off for that garter toss.
White Wedding Wedges
Traditionally, white wedding wedges are the first choice for brides to be. For the conventional bride, matching white wedding wedges with your dress is a simple way to reflect your personality and style. Beach weddings and all-white ensembles are the best settings for a pair of white wedding wedges. Whether your white wedge wedding shoes will be in plain view or hidden underneath your dress, pick a style that reflects who you are, because it is part of your visual storyline that your photographer will capture.