Cuisine

American, Italian

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Delivery + Setup, Family Style, Menu Tastings, Servers, Food + Catering

1906 Packard St., Ann Arbor, MI (734) 213-7011

Reviewed on 3/11/2016

Awesome experience!! The food was fantastic... they catered a small, intimate wedding at our home and we were all blown away by the amazing food and great service. I'd do it again in a heart beat. In fact---I used eat again for a baby shower I threw a few months later.... Read More Excellent food and fantastic service from planning through execution.

Fantastic Food!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Jaclyn R

Eat was wonderful to work with for my wedding. They catered our rehearsal as well as our wedding and the food was just fantastic. All night people were asking about who catered the wedding, and raving about how awesome all the food was. My parents couldn't stop talking about how... Read More great the steak was, and my grandma was obsessed with the zucchini purses. Eat did a wonderful job answering all our questions and working with us. Highly recommend them!

There's no better caterer!

Reviewed on 1/30/2015 Nicole G

Our wedding venue recommended Eat as a vendor that they worked with regularly, and we've driven past their storefront often but never stopped in. Right after touring where we were going to get married, we grabbed some food to go from Eat for dinner, and we knew right then that... Read More we wanted Helen and team to cater our wedding! We only got quotes from other caterers because we were told we were supposed to shop around. What that ended up showing us was that not only is Eat the best tasting, they're also the best priced. To top it off, Helen and her team are an absolute dream to work with. She provided multiple proposals for our wedding and rehearsal (yes, we used them for both!) that were both amazing and made for some hard choices. She even went above and beyond to mark tables where there were any allergies or food preferences and her staff addressed those people individually. Finally, it rained so hard during our wedding day, and one of the menu items was grilled salmon which needed to be grilled outside. Helen's team popped up a tent and continued cooking even through the down pour and lighting, and still every morsel of food was absolutely delicious!

Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 11/13/2014 Jez V

eat definitely went above and beyond what we expected. In addition to catering, they helped with our rentals since our venue did not provide tablecloths, silverware, plates, etc. Helen was extremely helpful with the planning process. I know I did not want the typical... Read More reception food that's served in banquet hall settings so looking at the sample menus from eat blew me away, and their focus on local and seasonal food was a big plus. The problem I was concerned about was our reception was in East Lansing while eat is located in Ann Arbor. I gave Helen the heads up and she was open to traveling to East Lansing and I believe there is a travel fee but it is so worth it. During our first meeting with Helen, she got to know us and what sort of food we were looking to serve. She provided us with three sample menus and we could mix and match the appetizers and entrees and added other items that weren't originally on the samples. We wanted to have a mixture of meat and vegetarian options as well as having food that won't scare people away but give them something different. At our tasting, the food was delicious and I could not stop smiling while I was eating especially with the butternut squash lasagna. My husband and I also lived about an hour away from Ann Arbor and East Lansing so Helen communicated with us through phone and email which was very helpful so that we didn't have to travel as much. Overall, I am so pleased that eat was able to be a part of our reception. Helen even made us a plate of appetizers while my husband and I took a breather before we mingled with guests. The guests raved about the food, and I would definitely book eat if I have another event. I can't say enough about Helen and her team from eat - they are amazing!

Best Caterers Ever!

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Adrienne S

We could not have been happier with our experience with Eat! Everyone we talked to throughout the planning process was so easy to work with and accommodating, even when we had a last minute high-maintenance dietary issue for one of our guests. They recommended a great... Read More bartender who we also used. The food was delicious, seasonal, beautiful and many of our guests gushed about how happy they were with the meal. Eat was consistently professional, courteous and helpful, thinking of ideas that had not occurred to us- they really had our backs. Their execution the night of the event was great, the service was superb, thoughtful and friendly and I would Highly highly highly recommend them to anyone considering an event in the Ann Arbor area.

Delicious food, great service, great mananagement

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Suzanne O

Eat Catering had unique and delicious food, a great service staff and great management. They had worked with my venue on multiple occasions before, which definitely helped. I highly recommend Eat Catering. We enjoyed a delicious BBQ dinner with delicious vegan and vegetarian... Read More friendly options. We also had seasonal pies with local ice cream...so good. Helen was so easy to work with and helped reduce my the stress that typically comes before such big events.

Hooray for Helen and eat!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Sara M

When my husband and I sat down to plan our wedding, we were totally overwhelmed and frustrated by the entire process. I reached out to a few caterers, and many seemed to get annoyed with us for not knowing exactly what we wanted straight out of the gate. When I called Helen,... Read More she asked if we'd like to meet at a coffee shop to discuss options. She was so sweet, accommodating, and patient with us and all of our questions that we immediately decided we loved her and set up a tasting. When we went to the store for the tasting, all of our party (husband, me, and both of our moms) were absolutely blown away by the INCREDIBLE food-- everything was so delicious, we had a really hard time narrowing it down to a few choices! Both of our families are passionate foodies, but extremely different-- his is very meat and potatoes, mine is a lot of vegetarians, and both sides have egg and nut allergies (woof!). Helen and her staff contended with all of that to plan a phenomenal meal that left every single person satisfied. We chose to work buffet style and it really helped us ensure that everyone was happy. During the day-of the wedding, everything food-wise went off without a hitch! Helen and her staff were SO sweet and accommodating-- I honestly can't say enough nice things about them. They were there for our every need, and took wonderful care of our guests (even the most high maintenance ones!) with incredible grace. Our wedding was 6 months ago and my family STILL is talking about how awesome the servers were and how much we loved the food and Helen! Helen also suggested a bartending team to come for the wedding and we absolutely ADORED them. They helped us figure out what booze to order, how much to order, and rocked out the service that night. Bottom line: if you are a foodie, eat should be your #1 choice for catering-- their food is downright phenomenal. (I'm still trying to replicate some of their recipes!) But, perhaps more importantly, if you are feeling unsure of what to do and overwhelmed by the entire process (been there!), then you should give Helen a call. She is like a zen master of all things wedding and totally puts things in perspective. I truly can't say enough nice things, because our experience was THAT great. Cheers, Helen! You rock!!!!

Helen & eat are THE BEST

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Hannah L

eat catered my June wedding this year, and helen and her staff were absolutely phenomenal to work with. the food was divine. they did a strolling station set up, and each of our four stations boasted different types of food. we had an asian-inspired station (a delish glazed... Read More salmon and savory noodles); southern-inspired (the corn casserole and bbq chicken were to die for... ummm, and can i also mention the baked in ham-hock kale?); mediterranean-inspired (the veggies were fantastic, and the sweet potato-tahini salad was probably my most favorite thing of the night); and a farm-to-table station (fresh salad and fruit and warm bread). Our guests could not get over the incredible variety and the deliciousness of every dish. In addition, Helen was incredibly gracious and easy to work with, and helped to make our day a perfect one. My husband and I were so busy talking with guests, that we couldn't find time to wait in line for food. Helen personally brought us plates heaping with food from each station, just to make sure we got plenty to eat. I really cannot say enough about how happy we were with Helen and eat. The prices are amazingly affordable, Helen is the bomb, and everyone she has working for her is incredibly nice. If you want delicious, fresh food and superb service, you would be crazy not to go with eat. Thank you, Helen, for making our day so special!! :)

Best Decision Ever!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014

EAT is amazing. Their food is so dang delicious, and the people who work there are too. I don't know how they manage to have staff who are so professional, but still so down-to-earth and practical -- but it was the perfect combo for my wedding. And the food! People talked... Read More about the food at my wedding for months! I took all the credit of course, but I should give credit where credit is due and say that EAT has talented chefs who know what they're doing. YUM!

Delicious! Amazing food & service!

Reviewed on 10/18/2014

We had such a great experience planning our wedding catering from start to finish with Eat. We worked with Helen, and couldn't be more happy. She is so organized and made the whole process easy and worry-free, and ensured that all the little details were perfect. The food was... Read More absolutely amazing and the Eat staff was so professional, friendly, and easy to work with. We choose a family-style meal with pork and fish, and were thrilled with the quality of the food and the little details that made it special (Such as beautiful edible flowers in the salad!) They also did a dessert table for us with the most amazing pies & cookies.... the raspberry pie was a favorite. We couldn't be more pleased with the food and service, and received so many nice compliments from our guests. (Our favorite was, "best wedding food ever" from a foodie friend.) We highly recommend Eat!!

Eat MADE our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/30/2011 helen h

As soon as we tried EAT's food we knew we wanted them to cater our wedding, and we are so glad that we found them! Helen and Blake are an awesome team. Helen is extremely professional and on top of the business end of things, and Blake makes amazing food that had our guests... Read More talking for days. They were so helpful in thinking through the details of the day, and provided servers and bartenders for the reception. Everything they provided was top notch and professional, yet easy going and also affordable. We can't believe the quality we got for the price we paid, and the extra lengths they took to make sure we had food at our wedding that reflected who we are and what our styles were.

yum

Reviewed on 9/18/2011 sarah b

helen & blake are amazing. first of all, great food. local food. they really listen and work through the menu with you prior to the event. second, they are fun people. and they hire great staff to work your event. our bartenders and servers were... truly wonderful. it... Read More really added a touch of warmth to the day! and we had a big storm that passed through the area during dinner (outside wedding) and everyone was so professional and went into immediate 'save the cupcakes' mode... it was great. i would HIGHLY recommend them for any event that you're doing... but especially for weddings!