House on the Hill

Austin, TX

Book Your Wedding with House on the Hill

A WEDDING VENUE IN AUSTIN, TX

House on the Hill is a 10-acre retreat that rests on the top of a hill in the outskirts of Austin, Texas. This venue has three indoor and outdoor locations for wedding ceremonies and receptions set against the backdrop of Texas Hill Country. Sweeping views of the countryside, aged oak trees and meandering paths provide natural backgrounds for wedding photos set in a serene setting. Three cottages and a main house with guest rooms provide overnight accommodations for the wedding party or guests as well as a honeymoon suite.

Ceremony Site. The outdoor ceremony site accommodates up to 150 guests. A wrought iron arch marks the grassy aisle leading to the stone waterfall under the oak trees. Couples exchange vows here with the sound of running water in the background.

Pavilion. The Pavilion provides space for a ceremony or outdoor reception at which up to 150 guests enjoy dancing under the stars. Exposed wooden beams and Mexican-style lights give the area a rustic feel, while the swimming pool and pond add a touch of tranquility.

Great Room. The Great Room inside the house accommodates up to 120 guests for an indoor ceremony. Adorned with a one-of-a-kind honeycomb tile floor, vaulted ceilings, large picture windows and wood paneling, this room has charming southwestern ambience.

House on the Hill offers a weekend package that gives couples and their guests exclusive use of the property from Friday afternoon until midday Sunday. They can add additional days for a fee if they need more time or can choose to use the venue for a single day. The rental fee includes tables and chairs for a six-hour event that includes the rehearsal, ceremony and reception.

Couples are able to work with vendors of their choice so they can customize the event to meet their needs and budget. This includes choosing a caterer as well as bringing in any alcohol for the event. The secluded nature of the venue means there are no volume restrictions, so couples may use amplified music indoors and outdoors and can play music throughout the duration of the event. Guests may smoke outside and a moderate climate makes the venue available throughout the year.

House on the Hill is a beautiful location with buildings designed by local artist and architect Bill Hoey. It works well for a destination wedding. Guest accommodations at the venue include the following amenities at no additional charge:

• Full kitchen facilities in the main house and cottages
  • Towels
  • Toiletries
  • Laundry facilities

Spectacular Hill Country Views!

Visiting Hours Sunday Oct. 22nd, 2:30-5:30pm Sunday Oct. 29th, 2:30-5:30pm Tuesday Nov. 7th, 3:30-6:30pm Monday Nov 13th, 3:30-6:30pm Monday Nov. 20th, 3:30-6:30pm Sunday Nov. 26th, 2:30-5:30pm RECENT OPENING... - Friday March 30th-Sunday April 1st, 2018 - 2 nights of onsite lodging for 20 guests and tables & chairs included! SPECIALS Christmas Weekend 2017 - Includes 3 nights of lodging for 20 guests. Dates are flexible! December 28th-30th, 2017 - Includes 2 nights of lodging for 20 guests. Enjoy the entire venue from 3pm Thursday until 11am Saturday, tables & chairs included. May 24th-26th, 2018 - Includes 2 nights of lodging for 20 guests. Enjoy the entire venue and lodging from 3pm Thursday until 11am Saturday, tables & chairs included. Sundays are reduced to $1,300!

• Outdoor - Covered

$ – Inexpensive

Rentals + Equipment

319 Addie Roy Road, Austin, TX (512) 327-5377

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Aaron C

I wish I could give House on the Hill 20 stars. Our wedding was absolutely spectacular. We had a bunch of out of town guests, and having the opportunity to spend the whole weekend with them in such a beautiful spot was awesome. The beds were comfy, the grounds were... Read More meticulously landscaped, and the decor was just spectacular. When I said I do to my wife in front of the beautiful fountain and my loved ones, I felt like I was in a movie. Lynn took care of absolutely everything and really made us feel at home. All of our vendors were really impressed with the space. I really can't believe the value we got by choosing this place. It's a slice of paradise you'd never expect to find so close to all of the best things Austin has to offer. Do yourself a favor and pick this place. You won't regret it.

2017-09-26T11:35:22 Response from the vendor

We were so glad to be apart of your wedding! And thank you for your kind words. Made our day! Best wishes :)

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Toana M

This venue is perfect!! You can have your rehearsal dinner, wedding, and brunch after your wedding... My family was able to spend 2 nights here and enjoy the pool and nice views.. You can make the venue look super romantic on your wedding day, this venue lets you pick any cater,... Read More you can bring your own alcohol , hired whoever you like for all of your wedding needs :) we were able to stay up all night partying without having to worry about getting kicked out or cleaning up, and the price is great!!!!! Highly recommended, the stuff are awesome and always respond to your calls and emails super fast.

2016-10-05T12:02:44 Response from the vendor

We were happy to host your weekday wedding Toana! Pandora and I wish y'all the best. Congratulations, -Lynn McCann Events Manager

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Summer N

I recently had a wedding at House on the Hill and it was beyond amazing. We had the property for the whole weekend. This allowed us not to only have our wedding there but also our reception, rehearsal dinner and house our wedding party. It was a private resort with your closest... Read More friends and family. Lynn and her staff were easy to work with and answered all of our questions along the way. I was highly recommend House on the Hill from a friend that previously got married there and I would highly recommend to anybody else looking for an amazing venue with amazing staff.

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Amy K

Great venue! Good price! Beautiful views and so many options for a wedding set up. The staff was friendly and answered all of our questions and made sure we are comfortable!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Jonathan G

Everything was perfect, excellent venue location, convenient - had plenty of chairs, tables already provided. Family and friends admired the location (especially the background view). Thanks everyone!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Dawn B

As the mother of the groom and the primary contact I could not have asked for a better experience from a venue then what we had! The grounds are extremely beautiful and well maintained. The staff is beyond helpful, courteous, and friendly! The rooms were set up perfectly for our... Read More overnight guests. We had the freedom to set up everything as we wanted it to be. I was able to visit multiple times to plan the event for my son which made everything run as smooth as possible for a large wedding and reception. I highly recommend the overnight package because being able to relax and enjoy the family and friends that stay was an amazing experience I was so happy to have!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Haley H

Beautiful venue! Our wedding was perfect here, I could not have imagined it any place better! Lynn was very helpful in any questions we had. We had a great experience, would definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Lexys B

On June 12,2017 we held the wedding of our dreams at this sweet and beautiful venue in Austin TX. We had a small wedding but there was plenty of room for the extras that showed up! There was so many different options to achieve the wedding we wanted and the price was better than... Read More anywhere else we looked! So not only did we get a great deal we got a beautiful venue that didn't break our budget! We couldn't be happier with this venue. There wasn't a single thing we didn't like about it. I'd recommend it to anyone (which I already have) who is looking for a venu of this setting!

2017-06-23T13:45:25 Response from the vendor

We are so glad y'all had a great time! And you definitely got a sweet deal with a weekday wedding. :) Best wishes!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Kim F

Absolutely perfect wedding venue, it feels like you're at your own private hill country resort! The view from the back patio is absolutely amazing, the ceremony backdrop with it's trickling waterfall is beautiful, and my photographer and I were absolutely smitten with the orange... Read More accents on the buildings (which look amazing in photographs). My now husband, and I, booked House on the Hill for an extended weekend in April of 2017 and we can't imagine having gotten married anywhere else! We were able to have our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception all in one place, and spend the whole day after the wedding relaxing poolside enjoying our out of town family & friends! It made the weekend so much more relaxing and fun, having it all in one place, and having all our loved ones close by. The property is absolutely stunning, and private. We were able to stay up well into the early morning hours dancing and playing guitars because of the privacy the venue affords you, and the fact that there aren't quiet hours! After reading some of the other reviews where people mentioned they had problems with caterers not having enough space/outlets, we had zero problems with ours. We hired Tacos and Tequila (TNT), and they were able to set up the entire buffet in the kitchen/side dining area, leaving us the rest of the indoor spaces & outdoor wrap around porch for guest seating. We had about 120 guests, and it didn't feel cramped, but if you had 150 it might feel a little tight. We did have a little trouble with shuttling guests up the steep hilly driveway, so if you can avoid shuttles that would be best. Our shuttle company was able to get their smaller 22 passenger shuttle up and down the hill, but the driver wasn't very happy about it, and we really had to plead with them to try it. We also had a food truck come out for a late night snack with the same hesitancy to drive up, but ultimately they managed it. Pandora and Lynn were amazing to work with! They answered every single question I asked them, and I e-mailed them a lot of questions! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone thinking about it!

Reviewed on 4/29/2017 Sherry M

The House on the Hill was a gorgeous place for our wedding and we received so many compliments about the venue! Lynn and Pandora were great to work with and responded very quickly. This place was great for our wedding party to stay all weekend. Besides the weather being a little... Read More cold for April, our wedding was perfect at House on the Hill!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Karina C

This place was just magical. The weather and grounds were stunning day of our event. Simple and easy to work with, Lynn was quick to respond and always so helpful. Only downside was having to leave after the rental was over. I will be finding another excuse to drag our family... Read More and friends here.

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Amber R

We were happy to celebrate our wedding at House on the Hill. Since Easter was the day after, we got the venue for a long weekend for a very affordable rate. I love that it sleeps so many people since there was a lot of family in from out of town. The kids swam in the pool a lot,... Read More so that kept them busy, and the Easter bunny even hid eggs out in the yard! The owner and manager are very kind and laid back. Very easy to work with. The rooms were clean and many had beautiful views! Some wedding guests complained about the parking, but overall our experience was amazing!

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Destin H

We had a wonderful time at House on the Hill! The venue is beautiful, the housing options were great for our guests, and the staff were extremely helpful and supportive in the run up to the event. I loved that we could use our own vendors and that we had the cabins for our... Read More close guests to stay in. If you are looking for a beautiful, intimate outdoor wedding, then House on the Hill can't be beat!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Celeste G

Our stay at House on the Hill was absolutely what we wanted. Weather was not on our side however there were still so many options to make it beautiful! I highly recommend this as an option if you have family coming in from out of town or just want to give your guests a... Read More beautiful place to stay. Best of austin for sure.

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Cynthia M

My husband and I got married here on October 1 and had a great experience. We especially liked the ability to house our sets of parents and wedding party. We even booked an extra night for a very reasonable cost and were grateful to have a long weekend with our closest friends... Read More and family. The venue was beautiful, and we also had the flexibility to choose our own vendors which was an awesome luxury. Would highly recommend for any couple wanting to get married in a beautiful setting with amazing views where you'll have plenty of time with family and friends and the flexibility to construct your perfect weekend and keep the party going for as long as you'd like, all for an extremely generous rate.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Alice Y

We recently had our wedding ceremony, reception, and post-wedding brunch at House on the Hill. All of our guests had glowing remarks on the beauty and serenity of the venue. We loved the intimate setting, amazing hill country vistas, beautiful house/cottages, and the rustic feel... Read More of the grounds. It is decorated so well that we barely even needed to set up anything. We wanted to make our event very personal, and enjoyed the freedom to choose our own vendors, bring our own food/drinks, and make our wedding special and unique to us. Lynn, the coordinator, was very patient and helped us with all of our questions. This is the perfect place to celebrate with your closest family and friends. We can't recommend this venue enough!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Marcel B

This is the best Venue we found in Austin, TX for what my wife and I wanted and the pricing. The House on the Hill is a beautiful home converted into a venue with Cottages. The views are awesome, I also love the fact that not only can you have the ceremony there but you can have... Read More the reception there as well. Of course with the reception comes lots of fun and no need to worry if you have a overnight stay scheduled you'll be well taken care of. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Megan B

House on the Hill is such a gorgeous venue; with personality! All our friends and family members kept saying how much they liked the venue and that it's beautiful. I love the fact that you are able to rent the venue for the weekend so you have time to clean up and relax! The... Read More privacy is also the plus side to renting this venue. It's big enough to accommodate your family. There are no restrictions on vendors, bartenders, officer present, etc. The only suggestion I would give is have more comfortable beds. Other than that the venue was perfect! I would suggest it to any bride and groom to rent.

Reviewed on 8/17/2016

Beautiful venue! On our wedding day it rained just a bit. We thought it would be horrible, but House on the Hill has a place for every situation. If you're looking for simply a venue look elsewhere, but if you're looking for a temporary home stay at house on the hill.

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Tatia T

The House on the Hill is an absolutely beautiful outside/inside wedding and reception venue! Beautiful waterfall to get married in front of and take pictures. The luscious green landscaping and lighting also make this venue picture perfect during the day as well as at night! The... Read More interior decorating of the various rooms available are all tastefully done too. The views of the sunrise and the sunset are also picture perfect over the Austin hills. A fair amount of chairs and tables are available, even for my 100+ guests. Also, the freedom in which to move furniture and the available chairs allowed for my creativity to shine at our wedding. We had a great time and I am sure that our guests did too!

2016-06-08T12:52:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words Tatia! We are thrilled that you had such a fantastic time at House on the Hill and we were honored to be apart of your wedding. Once again, CONGRATULATIONS!

Reviewed on 5/14/2016

House on the hill was the perfect venue. It allowed for affordable lodging for 20 of our out of town guests for a few days. It was such a beautiful venue that much decor was not needed. Lynn and Pandora were very accommodating and helpful with all of our questions. We HIGHLY... Read More recommend this venue

I loveeeeed our wedding!

Reviewed on 11/23/2015

Our wedding was amazing. I wish I could relive the day over and over. There is so much space at this venue that it never feels crowded. We really didn't even need much decorating because the venue is so beautiful on it's own. Our wedding had only about 100 guests, but it can... Read More hold up to 150. We had both the ceremony and reception here, we also chose to add the cottages to our contract. Our guests were able to have fun all day and night, and a place to stay if they had had a little too much fun. Lynn and Pandora were both so helpful with everything. I would highly recommend House On The Hill for any occasion.

House on the Hill

Reviewed on 11/19/2015

We could not have asked for a more beautiful venue to have my son and daughter in law's wedding. The house is nestled up in the trees of Westlake. It has amazing views, accommodations for out of town guests or the wedding party. It has all the table & chairs you need. This venue... Read More is perfect for a small wedding and the staff is a joy to work with. It's only minor downfall is their parking...it is very limited.

Simply Awesome!

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Lauren M

We loved our stay! The venue was exactly what we were looking for. Not only did we have complete freedom and privacy, but there was plenty of room for our families and friends to stay as well over the weekend.

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Bonnie B

We loved house on the hill!! My fiancé and I imagined a picturesque outdoor hill country wedding, and house on the hill far exceeded our expectations. We loved being able to provide overnight accommodations to our friends and family who came from out of town. The waterfall at... Read More the alter provided the perfect serene atmosphere for the ceremony and looks stunning when lit up at night. We were able to fit a 10 piece band under the outside pavilion and the intimate dance floor had the party going late into the night. The venue has several balconies with fantastic hill country views along with patios and decks that provided great spaces for different groups to hang out. They recently got new chairs that looked great and saved us the money and hassle of renting our own. All of our guests commented on how beautiful everything was and we highly recommend House on The Hill for your wedding.