Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

4200 Sepulveda Blvd., Culver City, CA

The worst sewing and Customer Service I have ever expereinced

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Courtney W

Cat passed away while I was out of town with the dress, when I returned to town they were only open from 12:30 to 3:00 on the day to return, I was not able to make it because of work. I returned the dress the following day with the understanding that I would be charged 15 dollars (not 30) for the overage in time. I was mistakenly not charged. One week later their phone guy calls me asking for my credit card to collect the 15 dollars. Dress was poorly sewn, not darted down well on the lace to the base of the dress as well as not fitted to my body well enough to hold it up and required adjustments every 2 hours in a portable bathroom. While I was on the fence about using them again, the phone call a week later trying to collect 15 dollars just put me over the edge. Use renttherunway.com instead. They have better dresses and better customer service. I paid 180 for the rental plus fees to have it altered. I think collecting the 15 dollars is moot point and in poor taste.

This is the place for a Wedding Dress Rental!

Reviewed on 2/28/2014 Lissa M

Special attention and a variety of dresses make this the go to place for that perfect dress!

recommendation

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Ashley L

Dear One Night Affair, I've written this recommendation of your work to share with other LinkedIn users. Details of the Recommendation: "One Night Affair DELIVERS, quality customer service and a spectacular inventory. They are the perfect alternative to purchasing an expensive, elegant evening gown that you will more than likely never use again."

recomandation

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Shanna F

What an amazing store and an amazing group of woman, you guys just blew me away! You made shopping for my wedding gown so pleasant and easy, it was actually so much fun, I really thought it would be much more stressful, but it was great! Thank you to all of you, I will send you pictures as soon as I get them. I felt so beautiful and I can't wait to share the pictures...I'll be back for an evening gown!

wonderful

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Leahc C

How much fun was this! I think you are all sooooo great! You made me look like a queen and I definitely felt like one. I will send over pictures when I get them back from the photographer...Thank You to all of you!

Wonderful

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 hanna o

Thank you for being part of the most amazing night of my life, I couldn't have experienced this without the beautiful gown that I rented from your establishment. Thank You for all of your help, the girls were so wonderful!

Recommendation

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Nolwenn L

My Daughters prom was beyond amazing! Thank you to all of you girls for being so wonderful, we couldn't have done it without you! I will recommend you to everyone, You were a God Send!!!

The most amazing gown I could have imagined

Reviewed on 11/14/2012 Susanna S

Decided to rent a designer gown instead of buying something that I will never wear. Liana and the team at ONA rocks. Their inventory stock is huge so go ask for help instead of trying to browse. They found an amazing one for me and the alteration turned out just perfect. The store might look sketchy from outside but it's a treasure box with amazing very professional service.

AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2012 paula G

I had the most amazing experience from day 1 when I entered One Night Affair. It was exciting walking through the doors, it wasn't like anything I expected, don't judge it by the outside, it was like walking into a dream (once I got buzzed in!!!) At first it was overwhelming, but the staff was so helpful and guided me in the right direction. They did ask my budget so they didn't show me gowns that were out of my range, they said they don't want Brides to fall in love with a gown thats out of their budget...makes sense! I found an amazing gown by Christoli for $495.00, it was absolutely GORGEOUS!!! It was altered perfectly to my body, I got a beautiful cathedral veil with crystals all over it, I rented all of my jewelry and a beautiful swavorsky crystal tiara...it was a dream come true...I truly felt like a princess and received unbelievable compliments from everyone at my wedding. I couldn't be happier with my decision to rent my gown and accessories from this place. I would recommend them to everyone, take the money that you save and spend it on something that will last longer then one day!!!

One Night Affair (disappointed)

Reviewed on 8/28/2012 maria s

I felt the integrity and ethics might have been questionable. They immediately asked my gown budget and every single dress fell right into that first budget. When I changed my budget quote (for much less) suddenly all the dresses I had tried on now fell into that price range.

My glamorous day

Reviewed on 8/01/2012 Sonia L

I rented a beautiful very glamours dress for my wedding. It was easy to pick up and one of my bridesmaids returned it, no hassle. During my alterations I asked for the flower to be opened and when I went to pick up it wasnt done. I had to return a second time for the pickup. Overall a good experience.

unfriendly staff

Reviewed on 7/10/2012 mauricia v

I thought that by renting my bridal gown it would allow me to get a designer gown for less. The prices range from $200-$1000 dollars and of course I found one that was $1000. The process was a little scary as well. Being that you "reserve" the dress for that date but it's still able to be rented to others until a month before your date. The thought of something potentially happening to it was always in the back of my mind. The staff were not friendly especially the seamstress! The broach on my dress fell off 6 times and by the next morning I found it in pieces. They were going to charge me but it argured it was already defective. In the end the dress fit fine and looked great on me but I wouldn't do it again.

Roberta

Reviewed on 7/06/2012 Leia z

One night affair was the best wedding gown shop I've been to, everybody was so Kind and Honest. I recommend ONA to everyone !

Great experience

Reviewed on 5/29/2012 leila s

I can't repeat it enough... I had the greatest experience at "One Night Affair" when I went in to rent my wedding gown in May. I received the most unbelievable service and attention, and it was such a fun experience all around. First and most importantly, I ended up with my dream gown...A $5500.00 Melissa Sweet Wedding gown. It was the same gown that I had originally fell in love with in another bridal salon but was having a hard time with spending that kind of money, I just wanted it so bad that I was trying to rearrange my budget in other areas to justify spending that much on my own gown. Luckily before I made that decision I heard about "One Night Affair" from another bride, I thought it was worth an appointment just to see what they had, never dreaming what it would be like. I was shocked at the gowns that they had to offer and they were not only amazing shape, but they were the same gowns that I had seen in mon amie bridal Salon and Renee Straus in Beverly Hills. I found a Vera Wang gown that I really loved, but I explained that I was in love with this other gown. Kristen (the Salesgirl) told me to come back the following week because they were getting in a shipment of Melissa Sweet Gowns and I should check them out, there was a possibility that the one I originally fell in love with could be in there. To my greatest joy, it was one of the 10 Melissa Sweet Gowns that I had come in !!! Needless to say, I rented it for my wedding. I paid $895 to rent it (instead of purchasing for $5500.00). It was altered to my body like it was made for me, and on my wedding day I looked and felt amazing and beautiful, the way I always felt I would on the most wonderful day of my life, and nobody ever thought I rented my gorgeous gown. So my all around experience has been such a positive and wonderful time in my life !!

UNBELIEVABLY IMPRESSED WITH QUALITY & SERVICE!

Reviewed on 5/20/2012 abbi r

I had an amazing experience from the first day that I walked into the store. I loved their selection of wedding gowns and Designers, I tried on many styles from different designers and loved almost all of them, but ended going with the first one I tried on. It was a stunning gown by the Designer St. Pucchi that I had seen at a store in Glendale for $12,000., I was so thrilled to find it and rent it for $995.00. The entire staff was so friendly and nice every time that I went in, and they altered it perfectly to my body. I will make sure to tell everyone how happy i was with their services!

great!

Reviewed on 5/15/2012 Monika P

I rented my wedding gown there and couldn't be happier with my dress! I loved it!

Omg must visit this place!

Reviewed on 3/22/2012 Ani P

I recently got my wedding gown from One night Affair, They were Amazing!!!!!! Their prices are soo affordable, I got a Vera Wang wedding gown that retails over $10,000, and i know this because I visited her actual store prior to going to One Night Affair. I paid 995 for a 10,000 dollar dress. I didn't have to do anything besides picking up my gown and wearing it for my day. They do everything for you, they alter the gowns to fit you, so you don't have to worry about the fit not being right. I also got my Vail, and jewelry from them also, and I rented everything !!!! The place is cool too, theirs flat screen TV's showing up to date concerts, to keep your guests occupied while you try on dresses. They have dresses for all occasions, so Im gonna go back and get a dress for an award show soon. Thank you One Night Affair

2012-07-06T14:11:06 Response from Leia, the member

Kristina S, My dress was amazing, I had so much fun at One Night Affair, I would do it all over again.

Make sure it's worth it!

Reviewed on 2/18/2012 Stephanie S

As soon as I tried on my dress I fell in love with it. Therefore I didn't do my research. It cost me $700 plus alteration cost. When I asked who the designer was, they couldn't answer me. Later I googles for the dress the only dealer I found was in china for $250! Anyway.. Make sure u know how much the dress is worth You might be better of buying it

the way to go if you dont want to buy

Reviewed on 11/01/2011 Tara K

one night affairs is a great concept. rent a dress for your wedding or a special occasion (much cheaper) and you dont have to deal with what to do with your dress when your done! i was refered by a couple different brides who used ONA for their weddings and both of them had a great experiance.. mine was ok. let me explain. my wedding was in Sept 2011 so i went in Jan 2011 to find my dress. (they have everyone come in this early to pick your dress and they hold that time for you) althought while your dress is held for you day, it may still be worn for other weddings in the mean time. so when i went in Jan i found a dress i liked, i didnt love but i figured it was a little thing i would fall in love with once it was fitted to me. so i go back in aug for my fitting, and to my suprise my dress had been altered, the last bride to wear it had a sort of bodice added to the inside that made it very tight and uncomfortable (strapless) so while the seamstress was pinning me inside i said it was very uncomfortable and i didnt like that it was squeezing me to the point that i had little buldges comin over the sides and back of dress (im a size 6) and shes like "oh your viel will cover". oh no.. i went home and got upset so i called the owner and they allowed me to come back and pick a new dress, a week before my wedding! luckily i found the perfect dress and it worked its self out. just demand the good service when you go in sometimes they tend to forget about you when you looking at dresses.

Review

Reviewed on 10/24/2011 Nicole s

My dress was just beautiful and I couldn't of been more happier with their customer service.

Bridal attire

Reviewed on 9/08/2011 Chelsea G

It turned out WONDERFUL and I didn't have to worry about what to do with the dress afterwards, thank goodness.

Beautiful gowns

Reviewed on 8/21/2011 Gretchen D

This is a great place to get a designer gown at a reasonable price.

Great Dress for 25% of the Price

Reviewed on 5/15/2011 Rory I

I found a fabulous designer gown and paid 1/4th or less of buying. Plus I don't have a bulky gown I will never wear again. taking up room in my closet. The dress had some minor wear and snags when I got it, and they also had to make last-minute adjustments to the fit, but it was stuff only I would notice.

My dress was perfect, to me!

Reviewed on 2/16/2011 Jennifer W

ONA pretty much delivered on the dress, but there were two keys to my satisfaction - one was that I didn't freak out about the areas of damage that the dress had. There were slight rips in the lace along the scalloped edges, places where the dress had been repaired (so not perfect white color matching, but not so obvious that people were drawn to it). The other key was that I chose a dress with so much detail, that finding areas of damage was harder. In fact, there was so much detail that I walked down the aisle with a huge silver safety pin on the front bottom edge of my dress (where we had marked for repair at ONA, & that was overlooked), and didn't notice it until more of the formal pictures were done. We can't see it in photos, thankfully! I must say that I couldn't have been happier in my selection of a dress, it was, for me, perfect. It's awesome that I got to pay a fraction of the price for a dress well above my budgetary means, and that I don't have to store it for the rest of my life or find someone to give/sell it to. I also rented from ONA a slip skirt for extra poofiness and they threw in earrings at no charge, which added a lot to the overall appearance. They also dyed my 2-layer cathedral length veil at no charge to better match the dress - which was great, since the veil became so soft in hue that it really warmed up the entire ensemble and everything just flowed together naturally. My maid of honor returned the dress for me on the Tuesday following my Saturday wedding, without a problem! They returned the deposit slip to me and all business is complete. There were many different ladies that helped me along the way and they attended to my needs well. I would recommend this as an option for the practical, down to earth bride who wants a bit of glamour but realizes that many things can go differently than planned on her wedding day, who won't freak out if she ends up walking down the aisle like me with a safety pin still in her dress... I would be more hesitant to rent a dress with extreme delicate aspects, with broad areas of one fabric where patching/repairing would be nearly impossible, or where rips/stains from a previous rental could really throw everything off. Even if my dress was technically imperfect, it was the most beautiful dress I ever could dream of and only wish I could have worn it more! And the pictures came out so well!

Some nice gowns, but difficult alterations

Reviewed on 1/05/2011 Melissa B

They have a nice selection of gowns, but I didnt have the best experience with their alterations (although they did improve the situation in the end.) Also, some of the gowns are not new and they charge you the same for all wedding gowns on the wall, regardless of when they were bought and how much they cost. If you fall in love with a gown here and it doesnt fit exactly how you imagined it would, make sure that you are very clear in terms of how you want it to be altered. You may need to come back a few times. If you are in a bind for time, this may be a good place for you, but if you have 6 months or more, I recommend going to another shop.

TO One Night Affair