Outdoor Weddings on the River, Waterfalls.

Our facility is extremely unique and is the perfect setting to hold both your wedding ceremony and reception. Your family and friends will never stop talking about how beautiful their experience was at your special event. Our pristine lawns and gardens feature a 50-foot cascading waterfall. Our banquet hall, which features a 12-foot waterfall and rock wall gardens, can be open-air or completely enclosed with transparent sides, thus offering a supreme “plan B“ for the ceremony. Our hall is also heated for spring or fall events. The photo opportunities are endless, With the gazebos, rustic barns, a variety of bridges and benches. You must see this venue to believe it, contact us today for a tour and see what we can do to make your wedding unforgettable. http://www.riversidereceptionsetc.com

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Waterfront, Garden, Historic Venue, Mansion + Estate, Park

Destination Weddings, Rentals + Equipment

22638 Truckenmiller Rd, Centreville, MI (269) 808-4475
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Ashley S

My husband and I wanted something unique for our wedding venue since we were doing a tropical theme. Riverside receptions was the perfect place and did not disappoint! It fit our theme perfect with the waterfalls and all of the green grounds! The place is absolutely breathtaking... Read More and we received MANY compliments from our wedding guests about how it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to! John was very easy to work with and very quick to respond to any questions that I had. We have no regrets with our choice to have our wedding at Riverside Receptions and we wish we could do it all over again! Perfect day and perfect place to get married! Highly recommend!

2017-08-30T17:49:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you For this great review, We enjoyed your wedding day as well, you might say it was the Kuhlist wedding/receptions we have had. Thank you, John and Pat

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Meaghan L

Riverside Receptions is absolutely stunning in every way. We cannot say enough good things about this venue. While we viewed a few venues before this one and were debating our options, once we found and visited Riverside, it was an easy and immediate decision. It is truly a... Read More hidden gem, situated right along the river which flowed calmly in the background of our ceremony and reception. Water is pumped from the river to an outdoor waterfall which is absolutely beautiful. It is not noisy, you cannot hear the waterfall, and it was a gorgeous background of our ceremony. Plus, there is an additional waterfall in the reception hall. My partner and I both agree this venue was perfect, and our guests would not stop talking about how beautiful the venue is. The grounds are well maintained by the owners, John and Pat. Featured on the grounds include floral decorations and features such as two gazebos, one on the river and one further away covered in pink flowers. The outdoors are fogged in the early morning of the wedding day to keep mosquitos away. There was no chemical smell and there were no mosquitos. If it does rain on your wedding day, the venue has a plan for it. The pavilion where the reception takes place has clear plastic panels that roll down to keep the pavilion dry. You can have your wedding in the reception hall as well. John was our point person for questions. He was very responsive with all of our questions, and we had a lot of them during the 15 months of planning after we selected our venue. He was responsive to all of our vendors as well. I cannot emphasize enough how great this venue is. It is definitely worth it and I HIGHLY recommend you visit the venue if you are looking for a place for your wedding. One suggestion we have would be to build an on-site getting ready room for the groom/groomsmen.

2017-08-28T09:20:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for this review, it covers many of the awesome benefits to having a wedding here. We would love to have a better grooms dressing area, always working on improvement here. Thanks, again, John and Pat

Dream wedding come true!

Reviewed on 10/25/2012 Heather (

Riverside Receptions is the most amazing place to get married! I had both my wedding ceremony and reception here. The grounds here are so beautiful, I barely had to decorate. There are fresh flowers everywhere, two gorgeous waterfalls, the river on two sides, and a large, well... Read More decorated pavilion. It was also nice that the bridal party dressing area is air conditioned during summer! My pictures turned out great too, and the scenery made a huge impact. Most importantly, John and Pat (the owners) are fantastic people to work with. They were very professional, but also friendly and accommodating. They are easy to talk to and they made me feel at ease before and during my wedding day. There is nothing better for a bride than being able to get ready for her wedding and not having to worry about anything except but the vows. I would recommend Riverside Receptions to anyone who wants a beautiful outdoor wedding. I can't think of anything I would have changed.

Reviewed on 1/16/2018 Liz Z

This venue is incredible. The owners, John and Pat, responded promptly to my (many) questions leading up to the wedding. The venue itself is already decorated and beautiful so I only focused on table decorations. Unfortunately, the day of our wedding it rained BUT it was still... Read More amazing. John ran around and kept everything dry. He was soaked but did not stop for a minute. The sides that were put down were clear so you could still see the rain falling. With the rain falling all around us and the waterfall, it was actually very romantic and serene. I had many compliments on our choice of venue. People seemed very impressed! We were unable to take pictures outside but fortunately, the waterfall still gave us a great backdrop for pictures! Having our wedding ceremony and reception here was a great decision!

2018-01-16T12:24:39 Response from the vendor

Again, Thank you for the great review, You are always welcome to return to the venue for other photos, perhaps an anniversary or family portrait. Thank you, John and Pat

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Linnea C

I loved having an outdoor wedding, the scenery was amazing and made for some pretty awesome photos, with much better lighting (obviously) than being inside. The flower beds, waterfalls, river, and all of God’s beautiful creation with lots of friends and family is exactly what I... Read More wanted to surround us as we joined our lives together. They made it happen very smoothly as they have all the necessary technical stuff. From the room to get ready in to the side walls for the reception area (which we needed because it started raining later on after the ceremony), they had it all and plenty of space for our large guest list (big families, lots of friends). I also like that it’s conducive space for the families that came because parents could walk around with their children and enjoy the outdoors when needed. It was a perfect setting to get married, and a beautiful union deserves a beautiful place to celebrate it!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 PAUL P

Absolutely the best!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Shannon P

Beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Chelsea L

I have been putting off writing this review for quite some time. Not because we were unhappy with the venue or John but because I didn't know where to begin. Our wedding was absolutely perfect! The venue was gorgeous and provided many beautiful spots for pictures. We received so... Read More many compliments throughout the night about how beautiful and unique everything was. John was very quick to respond to any questions that I had and was very accommodating when it came to schedule a time to come visit (which I did twice) and rehearsal. I had forgotten that the damage deposit was refundable and was shocked when I received it in the mail so quickly after our wedding. I truly could not have asked for a better place to hold both our ceremony and reception! Highly recommend!!

2017-10-29T11:59:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the great review, John and Pat

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Emily B

"One venue to rule them all" I cannot say enough positive things about Riverside Receptions. I'll start with the obvious, which is the venue is astoundingly beautiful! My fiance and I were aiming for a "Lord of the Rings" themed wedding and visited nearly every venue in... Read More southern Michigan in our attempt to find a piece of Middle Earth. Nothing even remotely compared to what you'll find at Riverside. It was the Shire, right smack dab in the center of Michigan. We couldn't even consider any of the other venues after seeing Riverside Receptions. The grounds are pristine and will take your breath away. We are still getting compliments from our guests who claim it was the best wedding they've ever been to. Even the photographer was overwhelmed by the scenery and couldn't stop snapping photos! The venue owner, John, was very helpful through every step of the process. He was very prompt at answering any and all of our questions. He was also very patient with us when it came to last minute changes (the day before the wedding!). John was so great, he even heated up a home-made dish (in his personal microwave) and hand-delivered it to the Groom after a request from the in-laws. I will continue to recommend this venue to anyone searching for a place to have their wedding. I believe Riverside Receptions was the sole factor to making our wedding day as perfect as it was.

2017-10-17T20:15:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, we really enjoyed your day as well, many blessing to you.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Elexa K

Riverside Receptions is one of the most beautiful properties I have set foot on. I knew right away this was where I wanted my special day to be held. My wedding was 10/7/2017 and it was beyond beautiful. The care and passion that is given into the land is shown in every square... Read More foot. The staff, and especially John, were the shining stars that made my beautiful wedding so perfect! I can't even count how many compliments my guest gave me on how spectacular the grounds are! John was always there throughout the planning process on all of my questions and concerns to ease my mind of all of my worries. I can't thank you all enough for all of your effort to make the day go smooth. You all made every moment and transaction during the day go effortlessly. I truly will never forget how lucky I am to of had my wedding here. I will always recommend this gorgeous property for any wedding!

2017-10-09T12:24:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the review, we had a great time, and many blessings to you and family. John and Pat

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Ashley N

John and Pat provided us with a lovely, dreamlike venue for our 9/2/17 wedding ceremony and reception. John was available by phone and email throughout our entire planning process and allowed us multiple site visits for planning. Many of our guests commented that the venue was... Read More like a secret garden among the fields and in the small town of Centreville. John worked well with our vendors the day of and provided vital behind the scenes guidance while we were busy celebrating our big day. We would recommend this venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Tieg M

This venue is gorgeous! I originally went to see it for the first time during the off season when it was raining cold and all the pretty flowers weren't in bloom and I still fell in love with it! There are so many beautiful flowers it makes decorating so easy you could do... Read More nothing to the place and it would still be beautiful! The day of my wedding all of the staff was so helpful everything was picture perfect and I heard from numerous people (including my photographer that photographs a ton of weddings a year) that it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to! This is a must see for sure!!! A huge thanks to riverside receptions for help making my dream wedding even more beautiful than I could have imagined!

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Kari M

Absolutely beautiful venue! It was a dream come true! I had so many comments from guests saying it was the best wedding they have ever been to! Riding in on a magical float/raft was flawless. It truely is an unique venue and theres no place like it! I love that you drive through... Read More a small town, down a gravel road and bam, end up at breaktaking grounds. It was magical. John was very respondent and has wonderful communication skills. I also was literally on the float and realized I forgot my veil at the cabin, John rushed back on his golfcart to recieve the veil and throw it to me just in time. 👍🏼 It left my Dad and I with some hilarious memories but thanks to John it worked out. I would definetly recommend this place to anyone looking for an outdoor venue.

2017-08-28T09:18:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the review, This was a wedding we will never forget, simply spectacular. I am sure you and your guests will talk about it forever as well.

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Shada R

This venue was absolutely perfect! The grounds is absolutely gorgeous and throughout the whole night and the day after, family and friends kept coming up to me and telling me how perfect and beautifully kept the venue was. I had both the ceremony and reception there and... Read More easily/comfortably held the 230 guests that came to my wedding. We conveniently added on a tent/canopy to the side of the pavilion, and I loved it since it allowed for more seating and additional shaded area. The owners were flexible and accommodating to everything. I was able to choose my own caterer, DJ, and beverages, so Riverside Receptions really allowed me to personalize things. I wanted to have the ceremony take place under the shaded tree area and they easily made that happen. It was also SO convenient to have the staff there set up and clean up everything, and all we had to worry about was packing up our decorations/centerpieces at the end of the night. I honestly could not have asked for a better place to have my wedding. I highly recommend Riverside Receptions, especially if you are looking for a beautiful, outdoor location. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

2017-08-01T17:08:59 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jackie F

This place is gorgeous! It was the only venue we needed to see. Didn't even think twice about it. Everyone working here is amazing and keep everything so beautiful. Would highly recommend this venue to anyone.

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Jaclyn W

This venue is beyond gorgeous! Our families and my now husband drove 3-4 hours to celebrate our marriage there and it was well worth every mile of the drive! John and his staff take pristine care of their grounds and all the little touches are just perfect. All of our guests... Read More raved about it and said it was by far the most beautiful venue they've ever been to!

May Wedding

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Anne W

Getting married at Riverside was amazing! The staff was wonderful and so easy to work with :) I highly recommend this venue - its beautiful and an awesome deal. In fact, two people who attended my wedding and one who saw pictures asked about getting married there. If I could... Read More have my wedding over again, I would definitely have it here :) All of my guests had a wonderful time, and my high stress Mom was able to relax and enjoy because of the level of service provided :) We loved it! Also - it was awesome being able to have our wedding and reception in the same place! It made it so easy and fun for our guests :)

Beautiful Venue!

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Libby M

This venue is a gorgeous outdoor venue with a beautiful grounds and pavilion. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for an outdoor wedding.

Beautiful place, but watch out for landowner

Reviewed on 8/09/2012 Ashley K

Riverside is an absolutely gorgeous place to have an outdoor wedding. The grounds are perfectly manicured. We did have trouble on the wedding day with the landowner. When booking the venue he told us that his sound system was compatible with an ipod and could be used for... Read More reception music. Unfortunately, we discovered this was not true. During the first dances we couldn't even hear the music. To make matters worse the owner would repeatedly turn the music down when people would start dancing. He even confronted the groom, accusing him of being to cheap to hire a DJ (we gladly would have hired a DJ had he not indicated it wasn't necessary). In addition to our music troubles, the owner hung around the reception and requested to start taking things down at 9:30pm when we had paid for the place until midnight. All and all our wedding was beautiful and we received many compliments on the place. Just be sure to hire a DJ and assign someone else handle troubles with the landowner on the day of the wedding(besides the bride and groom).

2017-08-01T17:25:42 Response from the vendor

We have always let people know that our system is Ok for background music, but cannot go load enough for dancing, We are sorry to hear this type of response, and always recommend a DJ service. We also only clean -up trash prior to 11:00... Read Less Read More

Everything was perfect!

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Kimberlee K

The grounds were beautiful, the staff was helpful, we were able to bring in our own vendors & supplies. There was nothing not to love!

Fall Wedding

Reviewed on 10/18/2011 Amanda S

My hubby and I really wanted an outdoor wedding and we fell in love with this place on our first visit. Their grounds are amazing the entire time of year they are available for weddings/events! We received so many complements from our wedding guests on how beautiful it was.... Read More John (the owner) was very helpful and available for questions/concerns during my year of planning... I was a DIY bride. My wedding day went very smoothly with the guests arriving, vendors setting up, etc without the wedding party needing to worry or be involved. It was also cold that day and they made sure the pavilion walls were down and heat on so everyone would be comfortable at the reception. The pavilion is also a great 'plan B' for uncooperative weather! The only rental I used from Riverside was the bar linens; the rest our caterer got from a rental company. All our tables and chairs were included.

BEAUTIFUL!

Reviewed on 10/04/2011 Kendra K

Amazing place! Everything was beautiful. I got so many complements from my guest. I would totally recommend this place to anyone!

Review for Riverside Receptions, Etc.

Reviewed on 8/28/2007 Tara K

There are flowers everywhere, making the need for floral arrangements at a minimum. The ceremony site is right on the river and the outdoor locations for pictures are beautiful! The reception hall has an open air feel without the worry of a tent collapse. It also has clear... Read More plastic sides that can be lowered to keep out any wind or rain should they be present. Right next to the reception area is a beautifully landscaped waterfall. The setting is just beautiful.;This venue does not have a kitchen for food preparation. Everything needs to be brought in assembled or with very little prep work required.

John and Pat Pierucki

Pat has always been in love with the outdoors-it was instilled in her from her grandfather and other family members. She is an avid gardener and a master of design. She truly loves to improve the grounds and gardens each year and is continually searching for new plant species to enhance everyone’s experience here at Riverside. John grew up in the country, enjoys every aspect of the outdoors and is a master gardener; however, Pat is the garden master. Together they work long and hard to provide this spectacular landscape at Riverside. Their goal is provide an unforgettable wedding .