Book Your Wedding with Stage 1 Weddings & Receptions

A BALLROOM IN BATON ROUGE, LA

This Baton Rouge, Louisiana reception and catering venue is committed to providing couples with a wedding experience of the highest quality. With over 25 years of experience, the owners of Stage 1 extend the promise of legendary service to all of their guests. This venue remains captivating from the moment guests enter the covered courtyard, where they can pause to enjoy flowing fountains and seasonal flower displays, to the moment they head home after an evening of excitement.

In the venue's foyer, a stained oak staircase is a beautiful spot for couples to take memorable photographs. To accommodate guests, 24 tables seating eight people each are provided in the ballroom area, which also serves receptions of up to 500 people. The space is outfitted with lovely personalized decorations and can be modified to suit gatherings of almost any size.

is an outdoor seating environment that gives guests a smoke-free atmosphere to enjoy some quiet company and a break from the festivities.

is a wonderful place for photographs and a spot to soak in the ambience of fragrant flowers and flowing fountains.

provides a spot for bridal portraits or for wedding-goers to sign guestbooks and pick out favors. Also, next to Stage 1's beautiful oak staircase is a baby grand piano available for a pianist to entertain everyone during the event.

hosts parties of all sizes in a majestic space lit up by a sparkling chandelier at its center. Fine linens and decorations provided by the venue adorn the tables and chairs.

Conveniently located to the right of the ballroom, a buffet showcases Stage 1's delightful entrees that are easily accessible to guests. Uniformed staff also ensure all guests have their choice of hors d'oeuvres available.

Flexible pricing options are offered. A hosted bar package is a good value for couples that wish to have bar service throughout the event. Alternatively, there are per-drink options as well. Couples should know that the bar package, photography, florist service and clergy are considered separate from the main venue package, but Stage 1 does offer a preferred vendor list for convenience.

Stage 1 takes pride in demonstrating that attending to the finer details makes for an elegant wedding. With Stage 1's service, couples and guests can enjoy:

• Monogrammed napkins with couple's initials, names and wedding date
  • A chocolate fountain
  • Gift baskets with samples of all entrees and wedding cake
  • Professional sound system
  • Impressive song list from all genres
  • Event coordinator to ensure a seamless wedding and reception

Stage 1 Weddings & Receptions

Stage 1 has been providing beautiful events for Baton Rouge for over 34 years, and offers an unparalleled atmosphere and service. We provide onsite DJ, catering, linens, coordinator, professional staff and security.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

0c8d5aab 564e 4969 83d1 f2c9134807e2~rs 100
A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
9f08a459 f4b9 433a 96a4 cf8bc9e1b3dd~rs 100
Fe7719fa d8df 43f7 b18c 942ee8fef3e2~rs 100

13465 S Harrell's Ferry Rd, Baton Rouge, LA (225) 751-2417

AMAZING Stage One Reception

Reviewed on 9/24/2013

I had my wedding reception at Stage One. All I can say as I look back on the planning and the actual reception is "WOW!" From the moment I went in to talk to Andrea and to view the building I felt welcomed and at home. She was nothing but helpful and encouraging to me as I was... Read More very unorganized. She even helped me plan out the wedding ceremony, even though my wedding was not being held at Stage One. Andrea helped me plan out every detail for my reception and made sure we were not missing anything. She also made sure everything was the way I have always dreamt of. On the wedding day, everything went more perfect than I ever could have imagined. Everything was organized and BEAUTIFUL! I am still, three months later, getting compliments on how beautiful and amazing my reception was. Thank you to Andrea for everything. I could not have picked a better person to work with or a better place to have my reception. I recommend Stage One to anyone looking to have a great wedding or reception.

2014-05-08T16:49:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for choosing Stage 1 to have your Reception! It was an honor to help you an every way to make your day the Best! Sincerely, Andrea

Reviewed on 2/11/2016 Shavon S

From the moment I walked in for a viewing, I knew this would be the place where I would get married. The place is immaculate! I'm a very picky person, and I pay attention to EVERY SINGLE DETAIL the ballroom floors are shiny, the walls are clean, the bathroom is clean, the... Read More Entire place is clean. That means a lot to someone like me. This venue takes away the headache of trying to find different vendors as everything is inclusive: The DJ, food, venue, etc. The day of the wedding Andrea never left my side. She catered to my every need, and made me feel at ease. She reassured me everything was going to be ok, despite the horrible weather that took place that day. The food was great, the guests had a vast variety to choose from. She sent my husband and I away with a nice basket full of goodies and a nice bottle of wine. I can go on and on because I'm long winded, LOL. If you're looking for a one stop shop, Stage1 is definitely the place.

2016-07-05T15:44:41 Response from the vendor

Shavon, Many blessings on this new journey. It was a great pleasure in getting to know the both of you. I enjoy seeing ya'll on Facebook and all of the happy times. We hope to see you again as a guest or anytime you would... Read Less Read More

Awesome place... Very Professional

Reviewed on 10/10/2013 Raisha S

When my husband first stepped in the place he said, "this is it". He was amazed about it. They made sure everything was in place and I didn't have to worry about anything. Stage 1 was awesome to work with. I arrived late, my cd didn't work of the music that I gave them and some... Read More how they turned that hazard to a miracle. The DJ brought all the songs I requested that they didn't have and even though I was late everything still went as planned. Everyone told me how professional and nice the venue was. They were professional through all circumstance and I appreciate their patience with me and my family. Thank you Stage 1

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Eileen S

The venue was beautiful and spacious. The food was delicious. Andrea Young, the owner, took care of every detail, so all we had to do was enjoy the reception. That was the best part. Andrea made sure everything went smoothly. It was wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Paul N

Stage 1 wad the best choice for my wedding reception! Andrea Young was the easiest, most thorough, and genuine coordinator I could have dreamt of having! Everyone Told me my reception was perfect! My special day was extra free of stress with Stage 1 handling everything!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Kristen N

Stage 1 was the best choice for my wedding reception! Andrea Young was the easiest, most thorough, and genuine coordinator I could have dreamt of having! She always helped me remember the little things. My special day was extra free of stress with Stage 1 handling everything!

2017-11-01T15:19:46 Response from the vendor

Kristen, Thank you so much for a great review but most of all Thank you for being the best Bride ever!!! I am so happy that you and Paul live around the corner so that I can see ya'll every now and then. You are... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Chrystal W

Everything was smooth and flowed wonderfully. The staff was professional and the food was delicious. We had an absolutely wonderful time at our wedding. Everything is inclusive so you get the best value for your money. Once your event is over, they actually send all of the food... Read More home with you. No one does it better! We made a great choice in selecting this venue for our special day.

2017-11-01T15:25:00 Response from the vendor

Crystal, I so enjoyed getting to know you and Curran. Your family was wonderful as well. Many blessings...Watch us on Facebook! You never know what great looking couple will be Stage 1's Star for the day. Andrea

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Kayla A

Stage 1 was perfect Mrs. Andrea was the best . It was beautiful

2017-11-01T15:28:01 Response from the vendor

Kayla, What an exciting year for you and Brandon. Your journey started with a baby and a wedding. 2017 never looked better! Thank you picking Stage 1 to host your wedding and reception. Your humble Coordinator Andrea

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Johnette W

My wedding on 10/08/2017 Stage 1 did an extra exceptional job with our wedding. In spite of hurricane Nate possibility hitting on the same date and around the time of our wedding Ms. Andrea and her staff were awesome. Everything was organized , clean, set up beautifully. The... Read More food was delicious all across the board. As a Bride I didn’t have to worry about anything Ms. Andrea made sure the groom and I were taken care of from every angle. The basket she sent us away with was right on time after all the pictures and greeting my husband and I did. I’m considering having my daughters graduation party there in a few months.

2017-11-01T15:32:22 Response from the vendor

Oh my goodness! What an adventure! Hurricane Johnette Ha! We were blessed with a beautiful day after all..I am so grateful! You were amazing with the treat of the hurricane. Also, I am so happy that you allowed me to be a part of your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Heather T

Andrea is AMAZING!!! She told me that myself and my mom would never have to lift a finger during the wedding and she was right! She had everything set up beautifully before I arrived! She helped corral all of my family and bridal party for pictures. Brought us some of everything... Read More to eat. And it was delicious!! My glass was never empty and neither was my husband's. And at the end of the night, our car and my mother's car was packed with food, decorations and our gifts! I would recommend her to everyone!!

2017-09-19T17:23:19 Response from the vendor

It was my pleasure! I hope that you enjoyed yourselves as much as I enjoyed hosting your Wedding and Reception. Enjoy the journey Andrea

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Ashlie W

I recently had my ceremony and reception at Stage 1. Andrea was amazing!! I was at ease knowing she was running the show. Stage 1 is a beautiful, all inclusive venue. My guests loved the food!

2017-09-19T17:25:13 Response from the vendor

I enjoyed getting to know the both of you and your family. You and yours will always be remembered at Stage 1. Send pics! I can't wait to see them Andrea

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Mindy B

I am completely stunned about how amazing smoothly everything went! Mrs.Andrea made sure that my wedding was everything I ever dreamed of! She helped me finding the perfect music for your wedding! She definitely treated me as I was family. I felt so special on my wedding. As... Read More they would bring drink and food to me! When I needed another drink they already had one coming out for me! I've gotten so any complement on how beautiful and how amazing the food was! If I ever had to choose this place again I so would! All the friends that are engaged that came said they definitely want to have their wedding at Stage 1! I can just keep going on about everything of my special marriage here! If you want a stress free wedding this is definitely the place to have it!!! Also a very great price with everything included in the price! I can't thank Mrs.Andrea enough for everything she did to make sure I had my dream wedding! If your looking for a beautiful place with great food, price, and someone to help guide you in all the direction to have your dream wedding come true this is defiantly the place! 1/7/17 Will be a night I will never forget!

2017-09-19T17:27:59 Response from the vendor

I am so happy to have made your day so great! Such compliments are always a joy. I am very humbled that you all chose Stage 1 to host your Special Day! Sincerely, Andrea

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Nelis R

The experience we had with stage one was wonderful if I describe the service and help that Andreas and her staff provide I wouldn't have in off space to write it all I can said is that Andrea did an awesome job coordinating our wedding the food was delicious love it. I really... Read More recommend stage one for any party or wedding reception :)

2017-09-19T17:32:04 Response from the vendor

Humbled by this review. Thank you! Even after 34 years of Event planning, I am still love my job. It's because couples like you! Andrea

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Kelley R

I loved loved loved everything about Stage 1. When I first spoke with Andrea she made sure that I knew that if I went along with their reception hall I wouldn't regret it. She was so helpful and made sure I was stress free by making sure I knew what to expect. The things offered... Read More at Stage 1 can't be found anyplace else. From the beautiful reception hall, wonderful staff, delicious food and overall experience it is unlike any other place. Getting married at Stage 1 was the best decision I made!!!

2016-10-31T11:47:42 Response from the vendor

Kelley, You will forever be in my memory...I was an absolute joy getting to know all of you! Thank you, Andrea

Reviewed on 10/26/2016

My husband and I could not have found a better place to have our wedding/reception! Andrea was super nice, attentive to our needs and made everything so easy and stress free. The staff there were very attentive and the room where our ceremony and reception were held was... Read More decorated perfect. The food for the reception was excellent, we could not have asked for anything better. Our guests were impressed by the quality and professionalism of the venue and staff. I would definitely recommend this venue. Stage 1 made our wedding day very personal, special and memorable. Thank you Andrea and the Stage 1 staff for making our day 'our day!' Brian and Erica Gordon

2017-09-19T17:29:57 Response from the vendor

Erica, Thank you so much for choosing Stage 1. It was a joy in getting to know you and Brian. Many blessings to your family, Keep in touch with Facebook Andrea

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Marquita r

Andrea and her crew was awesome. They ensure you are completely satisfied and well taken care of.

2016-10-13T15:24:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you Mrs. Leatherman, I am so happy that you and Dominque enjoyed yourselves. It has been a wonderful pleasure in getting to know the two of you! Three years has gone by fast! Andrea

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Seraphy S

It's a blessing to have my wedding reception at Stage 1. Originally, my reception was at another place, but due to flooding, I had to change my wedding and reception places. And thank God that Stage 1 did have availability for the time when I would like my reception to be. To be... Read More more thankful, Andrea is such an organized, energetic, thoughtful, sweet and professional coordinator. She has been easing me to be free from stress, and what she has done did help me to release from stress. Basically, I only needed to let Andrea know what I want, and she has finished it beautifully. After the reception, my guests told me the food was very good! And even the wine Andrea gave my husband and me is delicious. So, in short, Andrea and Stage 1 are highly highly recommended for any event!

2016-10-11T14:50:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you Seraphy and Luke for your review. We enjoyed getting to know the both of you and Thank you for choosing Stage 1 for one of the most important days of your lives. Many blessings on your new journey Your wedding date is the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 keionnia m

I would like to take the time out to express my deepest appreciation to everyone at Stage 1. When I first walked in stage 1 the feeling that I felt, and the humble spirit Andrea showed, I knew right then that my wedding would be there. Through my wedding planning journey I was... Read More able to visit several places, but not a person I met made me feel as comfortable as Andrea did. My wedding day was truly a dream come true. I didn't have to worry about anything because I knew if there was a problem Andrea would take care of it. The building was beautiful, the food was spectacular, the service was by far the best I have experienced. We are a little over 2 months into our marriage and our guest are still raving about how beautiful our wedding was. The food was even delicious the following day at our gift opening party. There are no words that I can say to express how thankful I am to have come across Andrea, and for all she has done for me during this process. If anyone would like pure professionalism, great service and a carefree wedding day, please take the time out and visit Stage 1. I gained a friend when I met Andrea. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing about our wedding.. Thank you sooooo Much Stage 1

2016-08-02T13:54:22 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thank you for such a wonderful review. Actually, it brought tears to my eyes! We are so fortunate to be able to do what we love to do. To top it all, make our couples happy...You love it!!!!Thank you for letting me be a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/03/2016

Stage1 made our night perfect! They handled everything, and I had a wonderful night. Andrea coordinated everything from drop off times to picture taking. The food was amazingly delicious. The DJ was perfect. All of my friends and family told me it was the best wedding they had... Read More been to especially the food. I had a wonderful night knowing everything was being handled without worries. I would certainly reccommend Stage1 to anyone for weddings or large events.

2016-07-05T15:40:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I am at a lost to which bride sent this wonderful review "Thank You" again for choosing Stage 1 for hosting your Wedding Reception. Sincerely Andrea

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Jaime S

I couldn't have asked for a better wedding and reception!!! Everything was perfect! Stage 1 made our special day everything we wanted and more. I'm so glad we chose this venue. The staff was wonderful and they took great care of us. Andrea was our coordinator and she was always... Read More available leading up to our wedding to address any questions or concerns. She was there to help calm me down and reassure me when I was stressed. And she was just as excited as we were, if not more, about our big day. I love her!!! She made sure we were happy and enjoyed our day. Thank you so much!!!!

Reviewed on 12/02/2015

Andrea and her team were the absolute best from start to finish. We called Andrea a few minutes before closing and asked if it would be possible for us to drop by and see her venue. She graciously agreed!!! We were completely amazed by her generosity, kindness, support, and... Read More the sheer beauty and elegance of Stage 1. Andrea made us feel right at home and went above and beyond to make my daughter and fiancee's wedding reception and overall experience with her team the most rewarding and beautiful event. Family members and friends alike are, months later, still complimenting us on the elegance of Stage 1 and how savory and delicious the food was and in abundance. Everyone says they have never experience a wedding reception such as the one Andrea and her team presented in honor of my daughter Tatiyana Curry and her husband, Warren Brown. Andrea allowed my daughter to contact her with any questions, concerns, or just for support. Andrea clearly understood the challenges of putting on a wedding and reception of excellence, and the challenges that come with doing so. Whenever we dropped by her office, we always chatted over delicious food prepared by Andrea, and often times went home with a box of fresh baked goods. My family and I are eternally grateful to Andrea and her team for making this occasion stress free and wonderfully amazing!!! Several of our family members and friends are planning to host their daughters' wedding receptions at Stage 1 because of the beautiful experience they had at my daughter and son-in-law's wedding reception at Stage 1. We had an over abundance of food and drinks (plenty of trays of food to take home and feed our guests for a few days). The decorations were elegant and the facility was gorgeous and emaculate. The chandelier stands out. My family and I wholeheartedly strongly recommend Andrea and her team at Stage 1 to all brides and grooms, and their parents!!! Andrea and her team will make your experience stress free and beautiful! Andrea, we could never thank you and your team enough! Truly enjoyed and loved meeting your dad and chatting with him. We know where your wonderfulness comes from! Blessings abundantly, The Curry Family

Perfect In Every Way

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Mary Anne W

Stage 1 was absolutely amazing. Andrea made me feel like family. She really took the time to make sure that everything went smoothly, everything that I wanted to include was arranged, sent emails to help me remember stuff, and was just all around enjoyable. I highly recommend... Read More this venue! Everyone kept talking about how beautiful the place was and how great the food was as well. :-)

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Stage 1 made my wedding day the best day of my life. Andrea made planning my reception a stress free experience.

Wedding Reception Venue

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Amber L

When looking for an indoor venue in the heat of the Louisiana summer and NOT in the downtown area. This venue was all that it needed to be. The staff was able to take away all of my worries and concerns, they work with you on any ideas you may have to make your dream come... Read More true. Before the wedding I made 30 wine bottle center pieces and Mrs. Andrea let me drop them off at the venue days before so that was one thing checked off my list. If there are certain beer or alcohol that you and your guest prefer it is no big deal to change that one the menu. THE food was amazing along with our chocolate fountain which our guests truly enjoyed to. The package also includes so many things, Set up, clean up, table linens, chair covers, wait staff, cake cutting, even includes a DJ. I loved my night and it was so stress-free. Andrea was basically my own wedding planner keeping track of the time in order to get everything accomplished for the night. After the night was over as I went back to my hotel as husband and wife, we got "to go plates" where we finally got to sit and enjoy the rest of our food together, it couldn't have been more perfect

Wedding dreams came true!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Ashley R

Andrea and her family did a wonderful job on my wedding day! Guest are still raving about the food and how beautiful the venue was! If your looking for somewhere that does it all for a reasonable price, this is it! Everyone was saying how calm of a bride I am and it's because I... Read More didn't have to worry or stress about anything!

Stage 1 Weddings & Receptions

Stage 1 has been providing beautiful events for Baton Rouge for over 30 years, and offers an unparalleled atmosphere and service. We provide onsite DJ, catering, linens, coordinator, professional staff and security.