Book Your Wedding with Stage 1 Weddings & Receptions

A BALLROOM IN BATON ROUGE, LA

This Baton Rouge, Louisiana reception and catering venue is committed to providing couples with a wedding experience of the highest quality. With over 25 years of experience, the owners of Stage 1 extend the promise of legendary service to all of their guests. This venue remains captivating from the moment guests enter the covered courtyard, where they can pause to enjoy flowing fountains and seasonal flower displays, to the moment they head home after an evening of excitement.

In the venue's foyer, a stained oak staircase is a beautiful spot for couples to take memorable photographs. To accommodate guests, 24 tables seating eight people each are provided in the ballroom area, which also serves receptions of up to 500 people. The space is outfitted with lovely personalized decorations and can be modified to suit gatherings of almost any size.

is an outdoor seating environment that gives guests a smoke-free atmosphere to enjoy some quiet company and a break from the festivities.

is a wonderful place for photographs and a spot to soak in the ambience of fragrant flowers and flowing fountains.

provides a spot for bridal portraits or for wedding-goers to sign guestbooks and pick out favors. Also, next to Stage 1's beautiful oak staircase is a baby grand piano available for a pianist to entertain everyone during the event.

hosts parties of all sizes in a majestic space lit up by a sparkling chandelier at its center. Fine linens and decorations provided by the venue adorn the tables and chairs.

Conveniently located to the right of the ballroom, a buffet showcases Stage 1's delightful entrees that are easily accessible to guests. Uniformed staff also ensure all guests have their choice of hors d'oeuvres available.

Flexible pricing options are offered. A hosted bar package is a good value for couples that wish to have bar service throughout the event. Alternatively, there are per-drink options as well. Couples should know that the bar package, photography, florist service and clergy are considered separate from the main venue package, but Stage 1 does offer a preferred vendor list for convenience.

Stage 1 takes pride in demonstrating that attending to the finer details makes for an elegant wedding. With Stage 1's service, couples and guests can enjoy:

• Monogrammed napkins with couple's initials, names and wedding date
  • A chocolate fountain
  • Gift baskets with samples of all entrees and wedding cake
  • Professional sound system
  • Impressive song list from all genres
  • Event coordinator to ensure a seamless wedding and reception

Stage 1 Weddings & Receptions

Stage 1 has been providing beautiful events for Baton Rouge for over 34 years, and offers an unparalleled atmosphere and service. We provide onsite DJ, catering, linens, coordinator, professional staff and security.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

13465 S Harrell's Ferry Rd, Baton Rouge, LA (225) 751-2417

AMAZING Stage One Reception

Reviewed on 9/24/2013

I had my wedding reception at Stage One. All I can say as I look back on the planning and the actual reception is "WOW!" From the moment I went in to talk to Andrea and to view the building I felt welcomed and at home. She was nothing but helpful and encouraging to me as I was... Read More very unorganized. She even helped me plan out the wedding ceremony, even though my wedding was not being held at Stage One. Andrea helped me plan out every detail for my reception and made sure we were not missing anything. She also made sure everything was the way I have always dreamt of. On the wedding day, everything went more perfect than I ever could have imagined. Everything was organized and BEAUTIFUL! I am still, three months later, getting compliments on how beautiful and amazing my reception was. Thank you to Andrea for everything. I could not have picked a better person to work with or a better place to have my reception. I recommend Stage One to anyone looking to have a great wedding or reception.

2014-05-08T16:49:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for choosing Stage 1 to have your Reception! It was an honor to help you an every way to make your day the Best! Sincerely, Andrea

Reviewed on 2/11/2016 Shavon S

From the moment I walked in for a viewing, I knew this would be the place where I would get married. The place is immaculate! I'm a very picky person, and I pay attention to EVERY SINGLE DETAIL the ballroom floors are shiny, the walls are clean, the bathroom is clean, the... Read More Entire place is clean. That means a lot to someone like me. This venue takes away the headache of trying to find different vendors as everything is inclusive: The DJ, food, venue, etc. The day of the wedding Andrea never left my side. She catered to my every need, and made me feel at ease. She reassured me everything was going to be ok, despite the horrible weather that took place that day. The food was great, the guests had a vast variety to choose from. She sent my husband and I away with a nice basket full of goodies and a nice bottle of wine. I can go on and on because I'm long winded, LOL. If you're looking for a one stop shop, Stage1 is definitely the place.

2016-07-05T15:44:41 Response from the vendor

Shavon, Many blessings on this new journey. It was a great pleasure in getting to know the both of you. I enjoy seeing ya'll on Facebook and all of the happy times. We hope to see you again as a guest or anytime you would... Read Less Read More

Awesome place... Very Professional

Reviewed on 10/10/2013 Raisha S

When my husband first stepped in the place he said, "this is it". He was amazed about it. They made sure everything was in place and I didn't have to worry about anything. Stage 1 was awesome to work with. I arrived late, my cd didn't work of the music that I gave them and some... Read More how they turned that hazard to a miracle. The DJ brought all the songs I requested that they didn't have and even though I was late everything still went as planned. Everyone told me how professional and nice the venue was. They were professional through all circumstance and I appreciate their patience with me and my family. Thank you Stage 1

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Heather T

Andrea is AMAZING!!! She told me that myself and my mom would never have to lift a finger during the wedding and she was right! She had everything set up beautifully before I arrived! She helped corral all of my family and bridal party for pictures. Brought us some of everything... Read More to eat. And it was delicious!! My glass was never empty and neither was my husband's. And at the end of the night, our car and my mother's car was packed with food, decorations and our gifts! I would recommend her to everyone!!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Ashlie W

I recently had my ceremony and reception at Stage 1. Andrea was amazing!! I was at ease knowing she was running the show. Stage 1 is a beautiful, all inclusive venue. My guests loved the food!

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Mindy B

I am completely stunned about how amazing smoothly everything went! Mrs.Andrea made sure that my wedding was everything I ever dreamed of! She helped me finding the perfect music for your wedding! She definitely treated me as I was family. I felt so special on my wedding. As... Read More they would bring drink and food to me! When I needed another drink they already had one coming out for me! I've gotten so any complement on how beautiful and how amazing the food was! If I ever had to choose this place again I so would! All the friends that are engaged that came said they definitely want to have their wedding at Stage 1! I can just keep going on about everything of my special marriage here! If you want a stress free wedding this is definitely the place to have it!!! Also a very great price with everything included in the price! I can't thank Mrs.Andrea enough for everything she did to make sure I had my dream wedding! If your looking for a beautiful place with great food, price, and someone to help guide you in all the direction to have your dream wedding come true this is defiantly the place! 1/7/17 Will be a night I will never forget!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Nelis R

The experience we had with stage one was wonderful if I describe the service and help that Andreas and her staff provide I wouldn't have in off space to write it all I can said is that Andrea did an awesome job coordinating our wedding the food was delicious love it. I really... Read More recommend stage one for any party or wedding reception :)

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Kelley R

I loved loved loved everything about Stage 1. When I first spoke with Andrea she made sure that I knew that if I went along with their reception hall I wouldn't regret it. She was so helpful and made sure I was stress free by making sure I knew what to expect. The things offered... Read More at Stage 1 can't be found anyplace else. From the beautiful reception hall, wonderful staff, delicious food and overall experience it is unlike any other place. Getting married at Stage 1 was the best decision I made!!!

2016-10-31T11:47:42 Response from the vendor

Kelley, You will forever be in my memory...I was an absolute joy getting to know all of you! Thank you, Andrea

Reviewed on 10/26/2016

My husband and I could not have found a better place to have our wedding/reception! Andrea was super nice, attentive to our needs and made everything so easy and stress free. The staff there were very attentive and the room where our ceremony and reception were held was... Read More decorated perfect. The food for the reception was excellent, we could not have asked for anything better. Our guests were impressed by the quality and professionalism of the venue and staff. I would definitely recommend this venue. Stage 1 made our wedding day very personal, special and memorable. Thank you Andrea and the Stage 1 staff for making our day 'our day!' Brian and Erica Gordon

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Marquita r

Andrea and her crew was awesome. They ensure you are completely satisfied and well taken care of.

2016-10-13T15:24:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you Mrs. Leatherman, I am so happy that you and Dominque enjoyed yourselves. It has been a wonderful pleasure in getting to know the two of you! Three years has gone by fast! Andrea

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Seraphy S

It's a blessing to have my wedding reception at Stage 1. Originally, my reception was at another place, but due to flooding, I had to change my wedding and reception places. And thank God that Stage 1 did have availability for the time when I would like my reception to be. To be... Read More more thankful, Andrea is such an organized, energetic, thoughtful, sweet and professional coordinator. She has been easing me to be free from stress, and what she has done did help me to release from stress. Basically, I only needed to let Andrea know what I want, and she has finished it beautifully. After the reception, my guests told me the food was very good! And even the wine Andrea gave my husband and me is delicious. So, in short, Andrea and Stage 1 are highly highly recommended for any event!

2016-10-11T14:50:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you Seraphy and Luke for your review. We enjoyed getting to know the both of you and Thank you for choosing Stage 1 for one of the most important days of your lives. Many blessings on your new journey Your wedding date is the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 keionnia m

I would like to take the time out to express my deepest appreciation to everyone at Stage 1. When I first walked in stage 1 the feeling that I felt, and the humble spirit Andrea showed, I knew right then that my wedding would be there. Through my wedding planning journey I was... Read More able to visit several places, but not a person I met made me feel as comfortable as Andrea did. My wedding day was truly a dream come true. I didn't have to worry about anything because I knew if there was a problem Andrea would take care of it. The building was beautiful, the food was spectacular, the service was by far the best I have experienced. We are a little over 2 months into our marriage and our guest are still raving about how beautiful our wedding was. The food was even delicious the following day at our gift opening party. There are no words that I can say to express how thankful I am to have come across Andrea, and for all she has done for me during this process. If anyone would like pure professionalism, great service and a carefree wedding day, please take the time out and visit Stage 1. I gained a friend when I met Andrea. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing about our wedding.. Thank you sooooo Much Stage 1

2016-08-02T13:54:22 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thank you for such a wonderful review. Actually, it brought tears to my eyes! We are so fortunate to be able to do what we love to do. To top it all, make our couples happy...You love it!!!!Thank you for letting me be a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/03/2016

Stage1 made our night perfect! They handled everything, and I had a wonderful night. Andrea coordinated everything from drop off times to picture taking. The food was amazingly delicious. The DJ was perfect. All of my friends and family told me it was the best wedding they had... Read More been to especially the food. I had a wonderful night knowing everything was being handled without worries. I would certainly reccommend Stage1 to anyone for weddings or large events.

2016-07-05T15:40:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I am at a lost to which bride sent this wonderful review "Thank You" again for choosing Stage 1 for hosting your Wedding Reception. Sincerely Andrea

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Jaime S

I couldn't have asked for a better wedding and reception!!! Everything was perfect! Stage 1 made our special day everything we wanted and more. I'm so glad we chose this venue. The staff was wonderful and they took great care of us. Andrea was our coordinator and she was always... Read More available leading up to our wedding to address any questions or concerns. She was there to help calm me down and reassure me when I was stressed. And she was just as excited as we were, if not more, about our big day. I love her!!! She made sure we were happy and enjoyed our day. Thank you so much!!!!

Reviewed on 12/02/2015

Andrea and her team were the absolute best from start to finish. We called Andrea a few minutes before closing and asked if it would be possible for us to drop by and see her venue. She graciously agreed!!! We were completely amazed by her generosity, kindness, support, and... Read More the sheer beauty and elegance of Stage 1. Andrea made us feel right at home and went above and beyond to make my daughter and fiancee's wedding reception and overall experience with her team the most rewarding and beautiful event. Family members and friends alike are, months later, still complimenting us on the elegance of Stage 1 and how savory and delicious the food was and in abundance. Everyone says they have never experience a wedding reception such as the one Andrea and her team presented in honor of my daughter Tatiyana Curry and her husband, Warren Brown. Andrea allowed my daughter to contact her with any questions, concerns, or just for support. Andrea clearly understood the challenges of putting on a wedding and reception of excellence, and the challenges that come with doing so. Whenever we dropped by her office, we always chatted over delicious food prepared by Andrea, and often times went home with a box of fresh baked goods. My family and I are eternally grateful to Andrea and her team for making this occasion stress free and wonderfully amazing!!! Several of our family members and friends are planning to host their daughters' wedding receptions at Stage 1 because of the beautiful experience they had at my daughter and son-in-law's wedding reception at Stage 1. We had an over abundance of food and drinks (plenty of trays of food to take home and feed our guests for a few days). The decorations were elegant and the facility was gorgeous and emaculate. The chandelier stands out. My family and I wholeheartedly strongly recommend Andrea and her team at Stage 1 to all brides and grooms, and their parents!!! Andrea and her team will make your experience stress free and beautiful! Andrea, we could never thank you and your team enough! Truly enjoyed and loved meeting your dad and chatting with him. We know where your wonderfulness comes from! Blessings abundantly, The Curry Family

Perfect In Every Way

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Mary Anne W

Stage 1 was absolutely amazing. Andrea made me feel like family. She really took the time to make sure that everything went smoothly, everything that I wanted to include was arranged, sent emails to help me remember stuff, and was just all around enjoyable. I highly recommend... Read More this venue! Everyone kept talking about how beautiful the place was and how great the food was as well. :-)

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Stage 1 made my wedding day the best day of my life. Andrea made planning my reception a stress free experience.

Wedding Reception Venue

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Amber L

When looking for an indoor venue in the heat of the Louisiana summer and NOT in the downtown area. This venue was all that it needed to be. The staff was able to take away all of my worries and concerns, they work with you on any ideas you may have to make your dream come... Read More true. Before the wedding I made 30 wine bottle center pieces and Mrs. Andrea let me drop them off at the venue days before so that was one thing checked off my list. If there are certain beer or alcohol that you and your guest prefer it is no big deal to change that one the menu. THE food was amazing along with our chocolate fountain which our guests truly enjoyed to. The package also includes so many things, Set up, clean up, table linens, chair covers, wait staff, cake cutting, even includes a DJ. I loved my night and it was so stress-free. Andrea was basically my own wedding planner keeping track of the time in order to get everything accomplished for the night. After the night was over as I went back to my hotel as husband and wife, we got "to go plates" where we finally got to sit and enjoy the rest of our food together, it couldn't have been more perfect

Wedding dreams came true!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Ashley R

Andrea and her family did a wonderful job on my wedding day! Guest are still raving about the food and how beautiful the venue was! If your looking for somewhere that does it all for a reasonable price, this is it! Everyone was saying how calm of a bride I am and it's because I... Read More didn't have to worry or stress about anything!

Perfect and Flawless

Reviewed on 1/24/2015 Jamie B

We had our wedding at Stage 1 in December 2014. It was AWESOME to say the least. It was everything (and more) that we could have imagined our wedding day would be like. I had heard horror stories of brides who said that something will always go wrong on your wedding day. With... Read More Andrea and the Stage 1 staff.....this did not happen! Andrea was so organized and made sure that every wish and want that we had on our "list" happened smoothly and efficiently. I am a planner and like for things to be organized, so when we went in for our first meeting and found out that Andrea was the same way, it was a definite YES that we had to have our wedding at Stage 1. I highly recommend Stage 1 to any bride out there who wishes for her wedding day to be perfect and flawless!

Stage 1 Catering Baton Rouge

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Tiffini A

I am so happy that I chose Stage 1 for my wedding day! Everyone there was so professional. They went the extra mile to be kind and helpful throughout my planning! The venue had the perfect decor and lighting that I was looking for. The food was delicious. I especially... Read More appreciated the take home basket with food and champagne for our first night as Mr. and Mrs. Thank you to all Stage 1 staff for giving me the wedding of my dreams!!!

fairytale become reality

Reviewed on 10/14/2014

mrs.andria is by far the most professional..considerate and caring wedding coordinator that i have ever had the honor of meeting!!her commitment to my bride and myself was well beyound that of the average coordinator..she actualy took our wedding and made it into a real live... Read More fairytale event!!the staff at stage 1 provided a stress free atmosphere which was absaloutly phenominal!!!ms.andrea went above and beyound by offering ideas and instituting some of her own which ultimatly thrilled and delighted myself..my wife as well as all guest who were avalible!..the dj played an assortment of music which kept the guest entertained throughout the ceremony..the stafff was curtious and exstremely helpfull in serving the guest and cleaning afterwaeds!!stage1 is the ultimate in weddings and nobody..as far as we are concerned even comes close ...i,ve exsperienced the most joyous event in my life without one single thing going wrong and i will forever be one of her most out spoken supporters..stage1..where weddings are done right ..the first time around..see you in 10 years..for our 10 year anniversary..would,nt dream of having it any where else!!!!!!!and as an after thought...we didn,t pay enough for the cervice that we recieved..it truly was a fairytale come true..thanks to mrs.andrea and her stage1 staff!!

wedding

Reviewed on 9/13/2014 Thu T

We were very pleased with our wedding at Stage One. Mrs. Andrea went above and beyond to make sure our big day was extra special. We highly recommend to anyone who is looking for elegance and memories of a lifetime to choose Stage One!!

2014-09-24T16:54:04 Response from the vendor

Fantastic! I am so happy that you had a great time! Best Wishes, Andrea

Very Disappointed

Reviewed on 9/09/2014

For the amount of money we spent, I was very disappointed in the service we received. In the initial appointment, we were told how accommodating they were. How they cater to the bride, groom and parents. However, they were difficult to deal with. Did not want us to... Read More incorporate our colors. Nor would they make any concessions to help with the decor we brought. Very rude to several of us. Even controlled the photographer. Rushed us through pictures. Never once checked on me. I would never recommend them or any of their other businesses. They treat you one way to get you in and completely change once they have you. They also booked two weddings that day. So we literally had 1 and a 1/2 hours to decorate and do rehearsal. They paid someone to tie on their white chair sashes. But would not tie the wedding color ones on because I did not rent them from them. So we had to take all the white ones off and tie on 200 of ours during that hour too. So therefore I did not get to spend any time with my son or daughter-n-law before the wedding. I did not even see them toast them or the cake cutting. So much for being accommodating. And pampering us moms. Highly disappointed!!!!

2014-10-01T15:52:38 Response from the vendor

After seeing this review, I realized that it is so important for my Bride’s to try to include the Mother’s in our detail planning. I will suggest it even more so now. Ultimately it is up to the Bride in what she envisions for her... Read Less Read More

All Inclusive Is The Way To Go!

Reviewed on 9/09/2014 Courtney S

Stage One did an absolutely amazing job on our reception. We got married at our church and drove there right after and everything was set up and ready to go. Andrea was on top of everything and made sure that timing was on point. The food was absolutely amazing. Our guests were... Read More extremely satisfied. This venue is perfect because it is all inclusive. The DJ, Food, Wedding Coordinator, Decorations, Set up, Clean up, Security, and so much more. It was absolutely the best option and the most cost efficient.

2014-09-24T17:01:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you Mrs. Richoux, Getting to know you and your honey was one of the highlights of my year. Thank you for choosing Stage 1, and I hope to see ya'll again Many blessings, Andrea

Stage 1 Weddings & Receptions

Stage 1 has been providing beautiful events for Baton Rouge for over 30 years, and offers an unparalleled atmosphere and service. We provide onsite DJ, catering, linens, coordinator, professional staff and security.