cakes for every occasion...make it a memorable one

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Vegan

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings

12265 World Trade Dr, Rancho Santa Fe, CA

Reviewed on 11/26/2013 Liz F

Sumi made my wedding cake and everyone raved about how delicious it was. The cake was incredibly moist andhad great flavor. She decorated our cake beautifully as well. It was exacly how we wanted it to be.

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 AJ W

This was our best decision of our wedding. I will never forget walking into the room of our reception and seeing our cake for the first time. It was exactly as we had decribed it to Sumi! It was the oicture in our heads! We had given her several oictures of 'sort of' what we... Read More wanted And asked her to merge them. She did so perfectly. Now on To flavor.... This was, and is to this day- the best cake ive ever had. We had been to another bakery for a tasting and thought it was good... Then went to Sumis- and we felt dumb that we thought the other bakery was good. Her flavors are amazing. Its true flavor. Not too sweet. Not too sugary. Reql flavor. Its amazing. We couldnt decide which flavors to get because theyre all so amazing... So we ordered a far larger cake than we needed to accomodate more flavors. Lol Our wedding was a while back- ive lagged on writing reviews... Weve since ordered 2 more cakes from her. :) theyre that good. She was great to work with.

Love Sumi!

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Christine A

My husband and I loved Sumi! Our cake tasting was so fun and seriously -- every flavor was SO DANG GOOD! I have multiple severe food/nut allergies so I was incredibly nervous and concerned about cross contamination with nuts from other cakes but Sumi assured me that she... Read More would make sure that would not happen. The cake turned out gorgeous and exactly how I had asked it to look like. Best of all, I had no allergic reaction and I'm still alive today LOL! All my guests loved it. Thank you Sumi!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Anny O

The cake was tasty, our guests complimented us after the wedding. We enjoyed the variety/selection of flavors to choose from during the tasting. The grooms cake was very creative as well. Vendor was responsive and easy to communicate with. Overall very pleased!

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Amanda M

Sumi is amazing! I would definitely recommend her to any bride in the San Diego/Temecula area. She is extremely professional, kind, and personable! My husband and I had so much fun at our cake tasting, it was so hard to choose a flavor! We had a beautiful three tier cake... Read More with marble cake and raspberry filling, and lemon cake with lemon curd filling. The top and bottom layers were coated in crystal sugar and I was so pleased with the final result. All of our guests loved the cake! It was super moist and so. delicious. I'd be lying if I didn't add I ate like 6 leftover slices before we left for our honeymoon. Sumi's prices are very reasonable and she is willing to work with you to make your dream cake. Can't wait to order a small cake to celebrate our anniversary...thank you Sumi!

Reviewed on 9/07/2013 Tiffany W

Our wedding cake and mini cupcakes by Sumi's oven was soooo delicious and affordable. Our wedding cake was only one flavor- pineapple with coconut layers and we had a variety flavors of cupcakes. Many of our guests complimented how delicious the cake was....We still get... Read More comments from guests after the wedding of how good it was. We had a three layer cake with a half sheet and 150 mini cupcakes all for under $700...i would recommend Sumi's oven to any bride in the san diego area.

Reviewed on 6/27/2013 Bae G

One word- DELICIOUS. Everyone raved about how delicious and moist the cake was, definitely not the run of the mill wedding cake...This one actually tasted amazing! :) We don't like fondant, but the icing used was so beautiful and clean cut it looked just as perfect as if it were... Read More fondant. It was a little hard to coordinate with her to return the cake stand before we left for the honeymoon as she apparently was also on vacation at the same time, but every other time communicating with her was easy. She is very personable and easy to talk to. We will definitely use her for all occasion cakes we need in the future! Thanks Sumi! :)

Sumi cakes are so yummy!

Reviewed on 6/27/2013 Cynthia T

Sumi's cake was beautiful, delicious and affordable! What else can you ask for? Additionally, Sumi was a no-hassle vendor - it was easy setting up an appointment with her; it was easy negotiating a contract with her; it was easy getting a hold of her; and she delivered her... Read More beautiful product on time. Our guests loved it! Thanks, Sumi!

Best Cake of My Life

Reviewed on 4/16/2013 Dana H

Not just because its my wedding cake! 15 months before my wedding I tried a sample of her cake (Orange Passionfruit) at the January Bridal Bazaar and immediately fell in love. I had tried lots of cake after that just to test, (and because, who doesn't try cake when it's free?)... Read More and I never found one as fantastic. My husband and I split the flavors, he wanted Black Forest and so she accommodated easily. The Black Forest was also delicious. Her cakes have perfect consistency and her buttercream is the best ever. It's light, with the perfect amount of sugar. She designed the cake with flowers from our florist exactly like the picture I had sent her. Deliciously magnificent cake with very reasonable prices for the quality!

2013-04-18T08:35:30 Response from the vendor

Hello... thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Knot. Always makes my day to know that my couples had a great experience with Sumi's Oven!! I have recently entered a "best cakes" award. Here's the link: http://www.weddingindustryexperts.com/votes/OknS4BrUZ.html Your support is... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/16/2012 Rae F

Yum! That sums it up :) The cake looked beautify and tasted amazing. I really wanted a Tiramisu cake (my favorite), and Sumi was the only place who could do it for less than $10/person.

Amazing wedding cake!

Reviewed on 9/27/2012 Agne M

Sumi did an amazing job for our wedding cake. It was beautiful and everything that we had imagined. The red velvet cake was delicious and our guest loved it.

Favorite Cake Place Hands Down

Reviewed on 9/09/2012 Allie C

1) Cakes taste amazing 2) Our wedding cake is exactly what we discussed and it looked amazing 3) Delivered on time 4) SUMI! She is the most kindest lady out there! I could have a conversation with her every day. She listens so well to what you want and geniunely loves what... Read More she is doing! 5) You feel like you are getting a steal of a deal because her cakes are affordable but it looks and tastes like a million dollars. My husband and I were so happy with our cake selection and we plan on using Sumi's Oven for other big days!!

Reviewed on 8/05/2012 Channing A

We served chocolate and vanilla cupcakes at the wedding - looking back at it now I wish I would have put more time and effort into the look of my cupcakes but they were wonderful anyways. Sumi was great to work with, one of my easier vendors I had to deal with.

Reviewed on 7/24/2012 Yukiko S

I already miss her cake!!!

Reviewed on 7/12/2012 Vivian C

we loved the cake so much, we ordered extra cake so we could take some home for later. Sumi is extremely accommodating, easy going, and overall great to work with. After all our tastings, her cakes were the yummiest, and her pricing was the best, so choosing her was a... Read More no-brainer.

Reviewed on 7/10/2012 Bella T

Sumi is a great person baking yummy cakes! I ordered layers of the tiramisu and orange passion fruit! Both were delicious and good compliments to each other. I was really involved in designing my cake. I drew the design on the computer and provided color swatches. Sumi... Read More encouraged my involvement and was able to create my vision!

Reviewed on 6/06/2012 Andrea P

This cake was the best cake I've ever had, and I don't typically like cake. She did a beautiful job with the decorations and was great in helping me figure out how to save money.

Delicious cake & mini-cupcakes

Reviewed on 4/08/2012 Parada K

My fiance and I taste-tested 2 different wedding cake bakeries, and decided to go with Sumi as her cakes were delicious--and very reasonable priced to boot! There is a small charge to do the taste test (about $12), but that gets credited towards the value of your wedding cake... Read More order if you decide to order. We ordered a small 2-tier cake (consisted of a tier of chocolate-hazelnut cake, which was SO good, and a tier of marble cake with raspberry filling), and a lot of mini-cupcakes. For the mini-cupcakes, we ordered red velvet, lemon, and vanilla. We chose a whipped cream frosting for all the cakes, which was nice and fluffy and not as sweet as her meringue frosting. We also rented from Sumi a clear, acrylic stand for the cupcakes. Before the wedding, I had wanted to change the type of cupcake stand, and Sumi was very nice and accommodating in providing photos of the stands for me to choose. The cake and cupcakes turned out exactly as we wanted, and guests at our wedding loved the cakes. Sumi's kitchen/office is a bit out of the way for us (it's located in the Carmel Mountain area), but other than that, Sumi was great. We would recommend her for wedding cakes, and we hope to use her again for our next special occasion.

Fabulous cake!

Reviewed on 9/28/2011 Heather N

Everyone that attended my wedding ranted and raved about Sumi's cake. It was not only beautiful, but also ridiculously good!!! Many went back for seconds. I got the white cake with white chocolate mousse & raspberry swirl topped with buttercream icing. About 2 weeks prior to... Read More the wedding I was going over the contract and realized I had ordered about 40 pieces of cake short of what I needed (you know how the invite lists can grow)anyway, she agreeded to make more cake. So Nice on such late notice! She is great and her cake even better

Sumi was great

Reviewed on 11/25/2010 Deb B

I loved the cake Sumi baked for my wedding. I gave her a digital photograph I found on the internet and she replicated it perfectly! The cake recipe was phenomenal. Some of my guests stated it was the best cake they have ever had. Two of my friends will be using Sumi for... Read More their upcoming wedding event. The whole experience was great!

A rating

Reviewed on 10/20/2010 allison d

Sumi was a pleasure to work with... very fun! and her cake... to die for! This is coming from someone who works in the pastry industry so there were some high expectations from the very beginning, which she had no problem meeting! What made her stand out is that she is more than... Read More just a cake decorator, she is a pastry chef. This was important to me because I was wanting walls of chocolate wrapped around each tier and chocolate is a pain to work with if you have never done before. The cake looked amazing and tasted just as amazing. She even helped create a recipe that I had had before but did not have a recipe for... a chocolate cake, with chocolate ganache and violet mousse. I would LOVE to use her again and wish her the best!

Sumi's Oven = delicious!

Reviewed on 10/13/2010 robin n

In our taste tests, Sumi's cake won hands down! Unfortunately there was a bit of miscommunication (aka price difference) between the tasting and the booking but everything worked out great. She delivered the beautiful cake right on time and it tasted as great as it looked!

Delicious and beautiful cake

Reviewed on 10/05/2010 Robin B

Sumi is as sweet as her cakes, responsive to all my questions and extremely professional. The cake was gorgeous and delicious!

Reviewed on 9/17/2010 Crystal M

Sumi's cakes are amazing! I found Sumi's Oven through a recommendation and I am so happy I decided to set up a cake tasting. Sumi brought me so many different cake flavors and different icings to try and they were all fabulous. We wound up going with the red velvet cake with... Read More butter cream frosting and all I have to say is there was barely any cake left over and everyone was raving about how moist and delicious our wedding cake tasted! Not only was Sumi's cake great, she is wonderful to work with too! She had pictures of all of her cakes to show me and I was able to pick exactly the style I wanted and she even added fresh flowers to the cake for me! When I walked into our reception and saw the cake sitting there, I was overwhelmed with happiness as it was exactly what I had imagined :) If you are looking for a friendly, professional baker to wow your socks off with some delicious cake, Sumi is your Lady! Thanks Sumi!!

Amazing cake!

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Carrie P

Sumi's cake was perfect! She recreated my orchids perfectly out of gum paste...and the cake not only looked perfect but tasted amazing too!