Documentary, Lifestyle

Engagement, Trash The Dress

Online Proofing

Montclair, NJ (973) 886-7615

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Sheila T

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Tyson. He was professional, friendly, and on top of his game throughout our entire wedding planning process and big day! Our photos are fantastic and I could not be more pleased. Great guy, great photographer!

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Sarah H

If you are looking for a professional and unobtrusive wedding photographer, Tyson is your man! Tyson captured every moment that we wanted for our September wedding. He was professional and kind throughout the whole process. And in addition to being a wonderful person, he was an... Read More invisible shadow! Before we even saw the pictures from the wedding, we had guests singing his praises for how unobtrusive he was the entire evening. He was able to capture the shots that we wanted without being in everyone’s faces the whole evening. He was perfect in this sense. I attended a wedding soon after my own where the photographer and videographer were constantly in the guests’ faces, blocking their view of the bride and groom, and even so much as blocked the aisle when the bridal party was processing! Tyson will do none of these things, but will still get the shots that you want. If I had to do my wedding over again, there is no question that my photographer would be Tyson again.

Best There Is

Reviewed on 7/21/2015 Pru W

Tyson was the photographer for our wedding this May. We cannot say enough to describe how happy we were with our decision. On the day of the wedding, he was on time, professional, and captured every moment perfectly. Our bridal party even commented how impressed they were... Read More with the direction Tyson and his assistant gave. When we got our proofs we were blown away. Our pictures are stunning. We were amazed at how many little moments Tyson captured and are incredibly happy we chose to go with him and his photojournalism for our big day. Looking through our photos is like reliving the day. We could not be more happy with our decision. If you are looking for a photographer, Tyson is the best.

Book Tyson...You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 4/08/2015 Kadiann P

Tyson is simply the BEST! He helped to make our wedding day the most incredible day of our lives! He captured every moment from beginning to end. We literally have friends and family speaking as if they were reliving the entire wedding while looking through our pictures.... Read More Tyson was extremely accommodating throughout the whole wedding planning process. He is efficient in replying to emails, phone calls and meeting in person. Our wedding took place in several different locations (and states) throughout the entire day. Preparations in Jersey, ceremony in Brooklyn and back to Jersey for the reception. The kicker is I no longer live up North; therefore, Tyson was able to schedule exactly what I wanted over the phone and via email. Tyson is a very calm, patient, and talented photographer. He was confident in that the wedding day would run smoothly and that he would be able to capture everything we desired and…… that’s exactly what he did! I am the type of person who LOVES candid moments in pictures. Even though Tyson was able to capture stunning still shots, the candid moments are my absolute favorite! Tyson takes all of your requests, wants and concerns into consideration and in returns provides you with moments you will cherish forever! We continue to look through our pictures and relive our amazing day. We are forever grateful for the incredible pictures Tyson captured and will cherish those memories for eternity. Make an easy decision and the right choice by choosing Tyson as your photographer! Congratulations on your wedding!

Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 1/20/2015 Patti P

When reviewing a photographers portfolio you will no doubt see their best work. If you look beyond the photo itself, did you see a story? We did when looking at Tyson's portfolio, and do when we look at his photos from our wedding. Tyson captured our wedding day October... Read More 2014. Prior to the big day, he met with us in person and the entire process was seamless and easy. He captured the moments that now tell the story of our day. We have tangible memories of the fun, laughter, love and overall beauty of our wedding. Our photos were arranged and available in an online gallery including a gallery from the photo booth (yes, opt for the photo booth!) and a "happy tear" inducing slide show. Our photos arrived in a beautiful wooden box with one of our photos on it and inside, a wooden Zip drive that shared the same photo. We highly recommend choosing Tyson as your wedding photographer or for any special moment you would like to capture.

So Pleased!

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Amy C

Tyson did an incredible job! He did both engagement and wedding photos for us. We have gotten endless compliments on both. He was great leading up to the wedding and really made sure he knew what we were looking for. The day of he was so patient with our loud and easily... Read More distracted families and made sure he got in all the family/bridal party shots we requested. I have to say though, some of my favorites are the candids he managed to get during dinner and dancing without us even realizing he was there. Definitely moments we are glad to have captured! His photo packages were very affordable and he really worked with our budget. We highly recommend using Tyson for your big day!! :)

The BEST wedding photographer EV-ER!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Kimberley M

Tyson Trish is simply incredible. Finding the right wedding photographer was at the top of my to-do list behind the venue... I needed someone whose attention to detail was on par with mine, someone who understood the importance of capturing the BIG moments as well as the... Read More intimate ones when my husband and I were off in our own world, someone who understood my vision and could capture all of the emotion and joy on our BIG DAY. (And, OF COURSE, someone who would be patient with my better half, who just happens to hate posing for pics!) Finding a photographer you trust is of UTMOST importance! And lucky for us, Tyson is not only talented but a creative and kind soul as well. I knew I had made the right selection upon hiring him, but I was literally blown away when I saw his shots from our engagement shoot in Central Park! Tyson is always accessible, whether by email, txt or in-person visits, to walk you through the photo-taking process and to ensure that you have all of the wedding-day shots your little heart desires. He went above and beyond to make our wedding day the BEST day of our lives. And for that, I'll be forever grateful. Wedding planning is stressful enough, ladies. Do yourself a favor and hire, Tyson! =) Happy wedding planning!

Tyson has a wonderful eye for beauty!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Filiz H

Hi! We used Tyson for our wedding at the Tides Estate in NJ, and it was such a pleasure. His photos were exactly what I was looking for to capture the love my wife and I have for each other. Tyson personally did our engagement photos, all editing was included and done in a... Read More timely manner. We even had him provide a second photographer to capture more of our special moments. I myself own a corporate video production company and was very picky about my photographer and videographer, only the best for us. He came through and pleased us immensely. Not only would I hire him for any photoshoot that comes up for my business if I needed photography in the future, I would personally recommend him to anyone looking for an easy, professional experience for their wedding day. Cheers! - Rob Posner

Great experience

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Amanda P

We found Tyson through the NJ Wedding Photojournalist Association website, looking for a photographer that was both talented and a storyteller. His style of photographing (and even his personality) was laid-back and unobtrusive, he only suggested ideas when needed, letting the... Read More day unfold organically. Our photos from both our engagement shoot and wedding turned out beautifully! The candid shots were funny and captured great moments, while the formal shots turned out crystal clear showing all the details of us and our loved ones. His package prices were very reasonably priced, with album and second shooter add-on options. He even gave us a discount and threw in some free prints of our engagement shoot. From our first meeting through creating our album Tyson was also very receptive and organized with e-mails and phone calls. He helped us set up a timeline of our day and gave us questionnaires that really put our minds at ease with the details. We would highly recommend Tyson to another couple, we truly had a fun, stress-free experience with him!

Amazing Photographer - Tyson is the Best!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Meredith L

My fiance and I got engaged in Liberty state Park in Jersey City. We decided we wanted engagement photos taken there and found Tyson online as he had done a lot of great shoots there. We were super nervous about the shoot, but Tyson made us feel comfortable which allowed us... Read More to have fun with it and get amazing shots! His turnaround was really quick and he gave us all of the photos on a cd and a few complimentary shots! We used a photo for our Save the Date and everyone was floored by it - they thought at first they received a movie promotion in the mail since the photo was so great! It was so hard to choose a favorite and because of his journalistic approach, the shots weren't posed and were very natural which really captured our personalities and how happy we are together. We were getting married in Rhode Island and were super bummed because we didn't think Tyson would be able to shoot our wedding. Without us even asking, he offered to come up for our wedding which we couldn't have been more happy about. He made the process so easy and researched our venues beforehand so that he knew the best places to shoot on our wedding day. We received such beautiful photos and our guests all said how they didn't even notice there were two photographers there! Because he researched the venues and knew our personality, the formal shots were very quick so we could enjoy the party and speak to all of our guests. Our favorite part was actually at the end of the night when we got into our getaway car and Tyson ran along side us and took photos. We felt like celebrities and it was the perfect end to the night. I work at a bridal shop and see hundreds of photographers, but I am so glad that we went on a whim and found Tyson. I would recommend Tyson to anyone - we couldn't have asked for a better photographer!!!

Tyson is AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 8/02/2014 Cindy H

We recommend Tyson to friends who are getting married, and have nothing but positive words to say about our entire experience with him from start to finish. Tyson is down to earth, positive, has a great sense of humor, and is very friendly. He is also quick to respond, has... Read More reasonable pricing, and takes gorgeous photographs. He was able to guide us through the engagement photos, and was barely noticeable at the wedding. He captured each experience perfectly - from getting ready, the ceremony, silly moments, dancing, our band, and everything in between! He then helped us narrow down all of the images that we liked to encapsulate the day in our beautiful custom made photo album. The photographs are incredible and we have them to cherish forever.

Best wedding photographer!!

Reviewed on 1/15/2014 Geumbee L

Choosing Tyson to shoot my wedding was one of the best decisions I made for the wedding. He is very calm and easy going and works greatly under all situations. He totally goes out of his ways to capture all moments. When i first saw his portfolio i was totally taken by his both... Read More romantic and photo journalistic style. His pictures have very warm feelings as well. When I had the engagement shooting, Tyson scouted the perfect spots and worked so hard and I received great pictures.leading to the wedding, he communicated closely with me and my husband and planned how the photo shooting should go that day. Tyson did a wonderful job at my wedding. He was flexible to work with any little changes and made sure all the events were captured in style. When i look at the pictures, the story of the day comes back to life. If you choose Tyson as your wedding photographer you will be so satisfied and happy at the end like I am.

BOOK TYSON TRISH TODAY!

Reviewed on 12/10/2013 Carly H

If you are looking for a photographer to capture your special day, look no further and book Tyson Trish! I can garuntee that you will not be disapointed. My husband and I had first seen Tyson at my friend's wedding in April 2012. We had just booked our venue that morning and... Read More were starting to think about other aspects of our wedding. We liked that as a guest, you barley noticed Tyson taking pictures as he was not getting in the way of the guests. When my friend got her pictures back about a month later, we were AMAZED at the quality of the pictures and immediatley made an appointment to meet with him and booked him within a few days. We had our engagement shoot with him in September 2012, where he was able to learn more about us and what type of pictures we like. When we recieved the pictures and slideshow back from that day, we were not dissapointed! He was even able to capture a picture of a reflection of us in a puddle as well as some amazing pictures with clouds reflecting off a lake. We were married on August 31, 2013. Leading up this day, Tyson frequently contacted us to determine exactly what we wanted for our special day. He contacted us early on, so you did not have to think about it at the end when you had a million other things to do. During our wedding day Tyson was phenominal. While you knew he was there taking pictures, you barley noticed him. He had such great ideas on how to capture certain moments. When we got our slideshow and photos back, we could not believe what we were seeing. He captured the joy in our faces in a way that few are able to do. He has a different angle than most photographers which causes your pictures to not look posed but instead are in the moment. I cannot put into words how greatful and lucky we were to have Tyson as our wedding photographer. If you want the best wedding pictures-book Tyson Trish.

Photography at it's best!

Reviewed on 12/06/2013 Jill A

My husband and I fell in love with Tyson as a person and his work from the first moment we met. He impressed us with his professionalism, willingness to adapt to our needs for our wedding, and overall kindness. He came highly recommended to us by out friends who used him for... Read More their wedding which we attended the previous summer. We remembered the wedding well and the pictures of their wedding captured each moment of the day exactly how you would like and we wanted that same thing. And that's what we got! The final shots we received are just beautiful! Not only did we receive them in an extremely timely fashion (1 month for our engagement shots and 2 months for our wedding shots) but Tyson's photo-journalistic style was just what we had hoped for. It's a large reason we hired him as we are a couple who loves the "caught in the moment" photos where people aren't looking at the camera. We wanted people to feel like they were at our wedding through the photos and album. And people have already remarked that this is how they feel now by viewing the photos online! We went with Tyson's largest package (with a few changes that Tyson was kind enough to accommodate) since the wedding took up the whole day, we had a large bridal party, and a fairly large wedding. And it was well worth the price. I wouldn't change anything about our package. I guarantee you'll get beautiful pictures of your wedding. But more importantly, Tyson is just a great and kind person who will help and guide you through the way.

absolutely stunning photos + a pleasure to work with

Reviewed on 12/01/2013

we had our wedding in provincetown, cape cod in september 2013. we are beyond pleased with tyson's photos, he captured not only the joy of day's events, but the beauty of the landscape and light of the cape in the fall. i'm a creative director at a design agency and work with... Read More many photographers, and i have to say: tyson is exceptional in every way—talent, temperament and delivery. we could tell tyson was working so hard that day to get everything, but it wasn't until we got the photos back did we realize just how much he captured. all of the major highlights of the ceremony and reception, plus all moments in-between: the candid interactions, subtle expressions, bursts of happiness and tears. every moment, big and small was captured perfectly and artfully. the images are not contrived at all—they look so natural and interesting due to tyson's great eye and ability to capture every quick moment. our guests continue to rave about our photos, many commenting how they are the best they have ever seen. the whole process was seamless and easily managed through the phone and a great website that house all of our images and the beautiful video that tyson edited with our best selects. tyson was a pleasure to work with, handling us and our [big] families with patience and professionalism. from start to finish, our experience was so positive, we cannot recommend tyson enough. paul + ron

The Right Choice!

Reviewed on 11/27/2013 Jill S

Of all the decisions that we had to make in planning our wedding day, it took us the longest to select a photographer. We knew that the special moments and memories from that day would live on in our photographs long after the day was over. We wanted those moments to be... Read More captured perfectly. And thanks to Tyson, they were!!! We are so lucky to have found Tyson! He has been wonderful every step of the way, from our initial meeting to our engagement shoot, to being a part of the planning process to capturing all the special moments of our wedding day. We have beautiful photographs that capture the love, happiness, and beauty from that day, and I cannot stop looking at them! Our family and friends have nothing but wonderful things to say about the photographs and keep asking to see more. My father (a hard man to please) cannot stop raving about how impressed he was with Tyson's work and the way he managed to capture all of our important moments without you realizing he was there. Tyson is professional, unintrusive, kind, and extremely talented. He was not just there to photograph our day, he became a part of our day. He saw the beauty in the venue we chose and the meaning the small details had to us and he brought all of that out in our photographs. Check out his work, meet with him, and hire him for your special day! You'll be so glad you did!

AMAZING... TRULY AMAZING!

Reviewed on 9/09/2013 Claudivel O

Our wedding was in July and we planned everything very quickly. My friend Melissa recommended her photographer and we crossed our fingers he was still available. He was and what a delight!!!! Tyson is not only and amazing photographer, but a great person. You get to... Read More know a little more about him every time you meet or talk over the phone. We had an engagement shoot, which was a great, and I recommend it to everyone. Somehow he made me fall in love even more with my then fiancé. The shoot was so cool, relaxed, beautiful, and the pictures.... oh my, I wanted to print them all. We knew we made the right choice after that and couldn't wait for our wedding day pictures. The day of the wedding Tyson kept us on schedule and took AMAZING pictures. Seriously, I cried when he sent us a slideshow with his faves. Everyone that sees the slideshow tears up a little too. He has a way of capturing the love you and your partner share and it shows through in the pictures. LOVE HIM and will recommend him in a heartbeat to anyone! Don't wait.... don’t hesitate! Remember, of all the things that you have to plan for and pay for in a wedding, the pictures are what you keep forever (along with your husband/wife). I look at my pictures every day and remember how happy that ONE special day was. THANKS TYSON!!!!

Fabulous Experience

Reviewed on 2/23/2013 Adrienne R

I deliberately waited until this time of year to post our review of Tyson's photography for our April 2012 wedding as I understand many people get engaged at the holidays - I wanted it fresh. First - all five stars! Tyson will sit with you to understand who you are as a... Read More couple - and he captures that in your photographs! He has an extremely creative eye and uses what is available to YOUR advantage. I think our favorite picture from our wedding was a golden retreiver that was watching us walk around Stockton with the funniest expression on his face. He is worth every penny and you will be thrilled with the end result. I.E. The memories he captures on film of the day! If you go to his web site - you will see Adrienne and Giovanni. That was our wedding ceremony/reception at the Stockton Inn. Hope that helps you to get a feel for the level of creativity and how he incorporates the surroundings - especially if you select a really unique location. He can capture it! PS - on this site as of 2.23.2013 we are the couple on the bridge!

Beautiful Photographs

Reviewed on 8/30/2012 Nicole H

Tyson is fantastic. He is a down to earth guy that is flexible and friendly. His portraits and couple shots are beautiful, and he does a great job at capturing the feeling of the event. He's very organized. If you want certain shots, just tell him ahead of time & he'll get... Read More them.

Stunning photographs

Reviewed on 8/11/2012 Nancy F

Tyson Trish is an exceptional photographer. He is talented, does his best to create the most beautiful pictures. He created a breathtaking slideshow and provided me with so many gorgous photos, I can't choose between them. He's very professional and went out of his way to take... Read More the best pics he could.

Beautiful pictures!!

Reviewed on 6/23/2012 Stephanie S

My husband and I chose Tyson because his sample work was truly reflective of his ability to capture moments as they happen – some you don’t even realize as photo-worthy! He has such an eye for beautiful moments, and knows exactly how to snap them without being intrusive.... Read More That being said, I was a little worried that we might have some hitches getting some nice ‘staged’ shots, but boy did Tyson deliver. He asked exactly what shots we wanted (family, bridal party, friend groups, etc) and had the list ready to make sure we got everything we asked for. I vaguely mentioned that I wanted some ‘artistic’ shots (since I am not an artistic person and couldn’t really provide direction) and I cannot express enough how amazingly he accomplished this. His dedication is second to none – he was with us from when we were getting ready to the moment we had to be pried from the dance floor. As a testament to how happy we were with Tyson’s work, of the 1k+ pictures he put up online for us, we went through and starred the ‘select’ ones we wanted to print – it ended up being over half of them…and we are picky people! Tyson sent us our slideshow – within a month of the wedding might I add – and I was in tears the first few (yes few) times I watched it, he captured the heart of our wedding so wonderfully. On top of that, he gave us a photo CD with our wedding pictures on the cover and CD itself. We weren’t sure we wanted to spring for albums but after seeing such amazing pictures, we asked if he could still design one for us and he’s been more than willing to oblige. Bottom line: Tyson is professional, easy to work with, and a wonder at producing photos that captivate even the people who witnessed the moments first-hand – all at an extremely reasonable price point. Thanks Tyson for depicting our special day so breathtakingly!

Best Decision We Made

Reviewed on 6/11/2012 Jennifer B

Tyson is the hands down best decision we made during our picks for wedding vendors. He is great with pictures in any condition. During our outdoor engagement shoot it rained the entire time, but he made sure we had great pictures. He endured the heat and humidity of our wedding... Read More day and stayed until the very end to make sure he was there to capture every single moment. The photobooth he offers is a blast and very user friendly. Everyone from our kid cousins to our grandmothers were snapping pictures of themselves. On top of all this, Tyson is such a calm individual that he did not add any more chaos to such a hectic day. Best value for a photographer that is good and willing to provide full day coverage.

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 11/03/2011 Jane C

Tyson is the best of the best. His experience as a newspaper photographer separates him from the rest of the pack because he portrays a story in his images. He is particularly strong capturing the day as if you were there through documentary style and guest reactions. I was also... Read More impressed that he was willing to stay the entire morning and evening and he even brought an assistant with him for lighting in addition to our second photographer. Tyson is a worthwhile addition to your wedding. He listens to you. Most importantly, he sees.