35 Bridal Shower Invitation Wording Ideas
If your daughter or close friend is getting married, you may be responsible for planning a bridal shower. Typically held a month or two before the wedding, a bridal shower is a gathering of the bride's closest friends and/or family. It's a way for the bride to destress before the big day and celebrate over brunch, tea or cocktails. Guests often bring gifts, either personal in nature, such as lingerie or bath and body products, or practical items found right off the couple's registry that they can use together, such as kitchen or household gadgets.
The bridal shower is usually the duty of the maid-of-honor or the mother of the bride, but it can also be planned by a close friend. If this job has fallen to you, the first step is to talk to the bride about what she wants. Some brides prefer a typical bridal shower, in which all the attention is placed on them. Others may choose to have a couples wedding shower, which includes the friends and family of the couple, and is a celebration of their relationship together.
After the bride has decided on a bridal shower or a couples wedding shower, it's time to talk about when and where it will be held, who she wants to invite and what theme she'd like. Does she want a classy afternoon tea party? Or would she prefer to meet at a restaurant for brunch? Maybe the couple wants a backyard barbecue with their closest friends. Whatever the bride or the couple chooses, be sure to adhere to the theme. After all, it is about them. From there, you'll use all that information to our roundup of adorable, affordable bridal shower invitations) that perfectly convey the plans of the day.(check out
Bridal Shower Invitation Wording Ideas In This Article:
- Funny Bridal Shower Invitation Wording
- Wine Themed Bridal Shower Invitation Wording
- Tea Party Bridal Shower Invitation Wording
- Rustic Bridal Shower Invitation Wording
- Bridal Shower Brunch Invitation Wording
- Vintage Bridal Shower Invitation Wording
- Around the Clock Bridal Shower Invitation Wording
- Wedding Shower Invitation Wording
- Jack and Jill Wedding Shower Invitation Wording
- Vintage Wedding Shower Invitation Wording
- Funny Wedding Shower Invitation Wording
- Rustic Wedding Shower Invitation Wording
Bridal Shower Invitation Wording Ideas
Once you have a date, guest list, location and theme, it's time to prepare the invitations. Be sure to include the date, time, location and address of the shower, as well as the host's name, email and/or phone number to RSVP. Also include registry information (or a link to the couples' wedding website where they can find this information), details about the theme and if any special attire or specific type of gift is required.
- Host's name
- Email and/or phone number to RSVP
- Registry information
- Details about the theme and if any special attire or specific type of gift is required
Bridal Shower Invitation Wording Examples:
Standard invitation wording is fine, but if you're looking for something clever, read on for bridal shower invitation wording ideas to fit a variety of themes.
1. He gave her a ring
They set a date
Let's get some girl time in
Before it's too late!
2. Stay calm and bridal party on!
3. Let's prepare the bride for her happily ever after
With gifts, booze and plenty of laughter
1. In honor of the big day
Let's chat and laugh over a bottle of Chardonnay!
2. Let the good times roll
And the gifts and champagne flow!
3. Let's have a laugh and raise a glass
In honor of the bride-to-be!
1. What better way to celebrate the bride-to-be
Than coming together over a cup of tea
2. Before the bride throws the bouquet
Let's enjoy a cup of tea on this very special day
3. While the bride is still a Miss
Let's sip some tea and share her bliss
1. This honeysuckle has found her bee
Let's celebrate with a shower and a shot of whiskey!
2. Strap on your boots and layer on the bling
Let's have a shower to remember before the ring!
3. She finally roped in Mr. Right
It's time to shower her with gifts and a wild night!
1. All you need is love…and mimosas.
2. First comes love…then comes brunch!
3. Before this Miss becomes a Mrs.
Let's gather for brunch and give her best wishes!
1. Put on a pretty dress and leave this world behind
As we journey back in time to honor our bride!
2. Calling all party dresses, fancy hats and pearls
It's a vintage bridal shower with all the girls
3. Before our friend says "I do"
Let's celebrate the old and toast to the new
1. Tick-tock, tick-tock
Time to shower the bride around the clock!
2. Whether your gift is for the evening, afternoon or early morning hour
Come honor the happy couple at an around the clock shower!
3. The time is now to celebrate
The bride and groom's special date!
Couples wedding showers tend to be more laid-back than bridal showers, and it's important for your invitations to reflect that. The following wedding shower invitation templates are perfect for parties that include the guys and the girls.
1. Time to gather for a bit of bubbly
As we honor the bride and her soon-to-be hubby!
2. Before the happy couple says "I do"
Let's toast to them with a drink or two!
3. The big day is almost here
Let's shower the couple with love and cheer
1. We've watched them as they've gone steady
Now let's shower them with love, gifts and confetti!
2. Put on a record and pour a martini
Let's celebrate the groom and his bride-to-be!
3. Join us for a trip down memory lane
As we honor the couple and sip champagne!
1. String up the lights
Strike up the band
Let's have one more party
Before he takes her hand!
2. She said "yes"
Now let's say "cheers"
To celebrate the couple and calm their fears!
3. How sweet is it to be showered by you!
1. They're gettin' hitched!
This is one wedding shower that can't be missed!
2. The hunt is over
Let's celebrate the couple with a wedding shower!
3. Food, friends and alcohol
What more do you need?
It's a wedding shower, y'all!