Buffalo Valley Event Center

Denton, TX

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

"The Venue That's Unforgettable”

We customize every wedding and focus on exceptional customer care along with a full service of amenities including both indoor and outdoor options for your wedding. Our beautiful ballroom has 13,500 sq. ft. of space with a full size bar, dance floor, mezzanine, gazebo, waterfall, patio and more.

Ballroom, Barn, Waterfront, Hotel

Food + Catering, Planning

E1eec2fa 862e 440c a4af 88efcd21e112~rs 100

3501 Ganzer Rd W, Denton, TX (940) 482-3409

Joshua and Lianne Bullard

Reviewed on 8/02/2013 Lianne B

I recently got married at Buffalo Valley Event Center and I would highly recommend this venue to other brides- our entire experience was AMAZING! The venue is so unique and just gorgeous (real buffalo roaming around as your guests pull in is quite the showstopper!) Their staff... Read More was great as well; Lauren and Roberta were over the top helpful and accommodating as they kept me updated as our big day came closer. On the day of, I was truly able to enjoy being with my bridesmaids and closest family and friends as BVEC kept the stress off of my shoulders. We got married at the gazebo and the landscaping was very lush and well maintained. The reception was by far our favorite part- the fajitas were delicious and the staff kept the tables clear and the guests happy. They also have a hotel on the property which was great. Since we had lots of out of town guests, we were all able to have an afterparty and hang out with everyone. (A four hour reception just isn’t enough time to visit with old high school and college friends and revisit memories! We didn’t go to sleep until close to five that morning, and it was such a fun time! Def would recommend an afterparty!) We could not have imagined a better place for the best day of our lives. THANK YOU BVEC for making it such a special memory that we are so excited to one day tell our grandchildren about.

AMAZING

Reviewed on 8/07/2013 Stephanie H

Buffalo Valley Event Center was absolutely amazing! The people were extremely helpful from the first day we chose to go with them. The chef Ronda was amazing and the food turned out perfect! The scenery was gorgeous and our family and friends couldn't say enough wonderful... Read More things! We were so happy!

Very Pleased Mama

Reviewed on 8/02/2013 Phyllis P

I received a follow up email from Dana at Buffalo Valley earlier this week asking us to review our experience. As a local business owner whose livelihood depends on customer service I may be a little more critical than the typical mother of the bride. However Buffalo... Read More Valley far exceeded my expectations. Throughout the entire planning process we worked with sincere, upbeat professionals who truly wanted to customize our event to fit our needs. Due to the fact there were no scheduled events the day before our wedding they were gracious enough to allow us to come in and decorate at a more leisurely pace. We had our rehearsal the night before. Lauren, our coordinator walked us through each step and made sure we were all comfortable with our duties for the next day. We had a BBQ rehearsal dinner at Old West Town down by the pond and were able to enjoy a very laid back setting. That morning we were met with the hustle and bustle of excitement that your wedding day brings. I was surprised at how spacious the bride's dressing room was with a bride, 6 bridesmaids, & 2 flower girls not to mention the hair and makeup duo, photographer, videography team and friends and family popping in and out all day. Although we didn't spend time in the groom's room the guys seemed to enjoy their area also. Roberta provided an excellent chicken salad lunch for the girls. We were able to order pitchers of mimosas in the bride's room and I believe the guys even ordered a bucket of beer! From lunch to about 6:00 feels like a blur with pictures and last minute details. The ceremony was beautiful. Andrew Masterson, the recommended officiant, did a great job. Our menu choices could not have been any better. Never was there a fear of running out of food even with the unexpected guests (who NEVER RSVP!!) Roberta's fajitas were fabulous...no one left hungry!! My daughters are both big do-it-yourselfers so we didn't need many vendors. However the few vendors we did use from BVEC were great! The DJ (C&C Entertainment) went above and beyond to ensure we enjoyed our evening. We have heard stories of things that happened that night in the past weeks that we can now laugh about. Had I know one of the bridesmaids set her bouquet too close to a candle and caught it on fire at the head table I would have panicked! But Carrie, the observant coordinator, notified staff and it was taken care of without incident. They took care of us like family and after our experience that is exactly how we feel about them. The other vendor we used was Vine and Branches. At first we weren't sure we made the right decision to use them, but in the end they came through and did a beautiful job as well. We have the most incredible friends and family that stayed to clean up after the reception. We knew we had a ton to get out of the ballroom before we could enjoy the floating patio. We were upstairs enjoying our 'after party' within an hour! A huge draw for us were the RV park and hotel rooms which we fully utilized since BVEC allowed us to bring in our own adult beverages for post-reception festivities!! We didn't have to worry about anyone driving home after having too much fun! If I had it to over again, I wouldn't change a thing (except maybe the burning bouquet!!) I will be forever grateful to Roberta, Dana, Lauren and the staff of Buffalo Valley for providing my daughter the wedding of her dreams.

Wedding Day Saved!

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Melissa K

My husband and I had actually spent our entire engagement planning our wedding at another venue. Unfortunately, three days before our wedding day, we learned that the Grapevine Lake flooding had made that location inaccessible for our wedding. We were scrambling to find a venue... Read More that could accommodate us on such short notice, and I am thankful beyond words that we found Buffalo Valley. My sister had actually gotten married here the year before, so having our wedding at Buffalo Valley was even more sentimental. The entire situation started to feel familiar, since my sister went through a similar experience when the ballroom at Buffalo Valley caught fire days before her wedding. Just as they did for her, the staff did everything they could and more to make sure our wedding was as close to what we had been planning as possible. Angela was one of our many saviors that week. She was wonderful in answering all of our questions and working with our budget. We went from thinking we might have to reschedule our wedding to having everything figured out in just one meeting with Angela. I was immediately relieved, and so grateful that she was able to make all of the arrangements along with our coordinator in just a couple days! Angela and the staff were wonderful during our wedding day, and I was so happy to be able to enjoy the day knowing we were being taken care of. My bridesmaids and I loved being pampered in the bridal suite! We were very excited to be able to utilize the guest rooms that weekend as well. It was so much fun to have our best friends and family with us all weekend! The food was fantastic, and most of our guests have told us that ours was the most fun wedding they had been to! We can’t thank Angela and the staff enough for all of their hard work, and for giving us a PERFECT wedding day!

Amazingly outstanding!

Reviewed on 7/21/2015 Brandie B

The service at Buffalo Valley Event Center was more than I expected. The staff is awesome to work with and made family feels so welcomed. I can't explain how much we loved it there. The love from the venue made our day even more special.

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Carol B

I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a wedding venue. Angela- the coordinator is fabulous at her job. Everything ran smoothly and it was the wedding I've dreamed about since a little girl. The food was well prepared and all my guest commented on how delicious... Read More everything was! They were accommodating, friendly and really on top of their game. The venue itself if beautiful. It was decorated perfectly (mostly with their decorations). They did almost all of the set up, I just had to bring in and add what we bought and the extra things we wanted up. Again- if you are looking for any type of venue for any event- go with Buffalo Valley. I guarantee they won't disappoint.

They made it happen through the worst case scenario!

Reviewed on 6/23/2014 Ingrid P

So exactly one month before my wedding this venue's ballroom and honey moon suite caught on fire! Exactly! between everything else that had gone wrong including family dramas, I was beginning to think my wedding was cursed...But these people have been in the business a long time... Read More and know what they are doing. I was a completely clueless bride from the beginning (one of those who dreamed of eloping!) so planning a wedding was nothing I'd ever even thought about. Lauren and Roberta helped me every second of the way and recommended excellent people to work with. Really if you hire them trust their suggestions they know who is great and who is a crook! Everyone was beyond helpful..so I stuck with them through the fire..and they really delivered. They constructed a huge Kardashian style tent with draping and even built bathrooms..everything was down to the wire though as they were building where I was going to hold the reception up until 2 hours before the wedding..if I hadn't had the most amazing bridesmaids that kept me hidden with mimosa in hand I would've been crazy stressed out ..but luckily I only got to see the final product which was beautiful..! they really pulled it off! It was beautiful and everyone had a blast. Roberta's food was also amazing. She had the difficulty of cooking her first vegan option and also pleasing my meat and potatoes in laws. We were not your average couple and we had some untraditional demands. we wanted to get married in one of the buffalo pastures and pull up in my husband '68 VW beetle. They made it all happen, even through what most brides would call a tragedy as your reception venue burns down. They exceeded my expectations! No matter what kind of wedding you want they will make it happen for you!

Buffalos&bridesmaids part 2

Reviewed on 7/31/2013 Jessica T

Part 2 will focus on the hard stuff to write-the disappointments: Please understand that each situation is unique & that my experience is just that...my experience. Reviews are meant to reflect the truth though, so that is what I will be giving. -The morning of, the... Read More electricity was not turned on in the ballroom & we were told we would have to pay in order to get the electricity turned on before a set time-which was ridiculous considering the heat & the amount of setup needing to be done. Dana had our back & had it turned on as soon as she got there-but we would have had to set up in the dark & heat had she not shown up when she did. Staff was not at all on the same page. -The elevator that is advertised as making the floating patio & half of the rooms handicapped-accessible was not working. This was a huge disappointment the day of as I have a handicapped sister that was in my wedding party & needing the assistance. Also, we asked for a stool for her to lean on during the ceremony & we were provided a broken one that caused her to fall to the ground when she used it for support. This is frustrating as I wanted her to feel normal that day. Instead, someone’s carelessness caused her to go down in front of the entire wedding crowd. -The Lawncare staff had to be asked several times to do a better job. At one point, my father asked to do it himself. Also, there were large patches of grass missing near the gazebo area where the ceremony took place. -My time was not respected towards the end of the night & we were rushed to the point of parents AND guests missing out on the big exit moments due to being asked to head inside to start clean up. We did not pay to be interrupted during crucial moments in the wedding. Especially considering my wedding started quite late and I hadn’t yet fulfilled the full 5 hours of venue time that we were allotted. In our 1st meet w/ Lauren she commented "I'm going to be here so late" =/ Really? -Roberta the Chef/GM of ranch: GREAT cook. BAD attitude. In my opinion, she needs to remember just how much money & trust the couples are investing into her venue. For the $$ she charges for her place, she could easily adapt a more “customer is right” attitude. My family was extremely disappointed in her general demeanor & manner in which she handled herself. Might I just add that she allowed herself to get into nasty arguments with my mother, my father and MY GUESTS directly following my reception. This.is.unacceptable. -The weekend of my wedding had 6 events booked. I knew going into it that there was a wedding each night Th-Sun, however I was not told that luncheons/brunches/tours/conferences would be going on as well. This amount of activity going on at once led for a stressed out, frazzled, less-than-patient staff on my big day. The focus was definitely NOT solely on me & the day that I had paid for. It was a jam-packed weekend for the ranch where they were making a lot of money. The exclusivity & attention that was sold to me upon touring/meeting with the coordinator most certainly did not happen. Brides should not be made to feel like cattle being corralled… -We were charged based on a personal list that my mother kept for our own reasons. Lauren conned my mother into giving her that list rather than using their own system to count heads. We were overcharged. No ifs, and or buts. My mother was asked to charge her card the night of my wedding for extra people that were simply never present!

Buffalos&Bridesmaids Part 1

Reviewed on 7/31/2013 Jessica M

This will be a 2-part review as I have a lot more to say than the site allows in 1 comment. We got married at BVEC in June & loved our big day! -Our guests traveling out of state were able to stay on-sight! It’s so convenient having everything in 1 location: ballroom,... Read Moreauyfcbefvrafaxtfuutwwtrufxwrzdburayxxw multiple ceremony locations, dressing rooms for both B+G, AND 19 hotel rooms-most of which accommodate more than 1 person/couple. -The floating patio made for the perfect spot for our afterparty! We played guitars, sang & celebrated in the summer breeze far into the night. We were able to get 1-on-1 time with some friends that we didn’t get to see at the busy reception! The BYOB option after hours really sealed the deal for us. Be sure to ask about rules regarding outside alcohol. Having the patio added value to both the venue & to each plane ticket purchased by our guests! -Dana, our sales rep & so much more was AWESOME! I had tons of questions & she full-heartedly obliged me each & every time I needed her. Dana makes it very easy to see the cost of everything. She provided us with a detailed spreadsheet of all the costs & made several updates to it throughout the planning process. She really is the shining star of this place! -We used BVEC’s preferred DJ-and WOW! FULL SERVICE! We do not have enough good things to say about our DJ, so way to go BVEC on an awesome recommendation! -Food: WONDERFUL-we did a dinner station set up & let me tell you- the mashed potatoes alone were enough to send my compliments to the chef! Thanks Roberta! -Overall, our wedding was perfect! The venue itself was the ideal setting for our big day. The ranch has a lot to offer. The day could have & should have been easier on my family though. I feel as though Dana was the only staff member focused on making my day special. For the price we paid, I expected more from the general manager & assigned coordinator.

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 5/15/2013 Christy

I can’t say enough good things about Buffalo Valley Event Center. The staff was incredibly helpful, the food was delicious and the location was perfect! The DJ’s that they recommended were AWESOME too! Dana and Lauren were terrific coordinators. Roberta was very helpful with the... Read More food and menu. I would highly recommend Buffalo Valley for any event!

Beasley Wedding

Reviewed on 5/07/2013 Emily

My only negative thing to say about this venue is the owner, I understand that she owns the place & wanted to make sure it was taken care of, however it was to the extent that I felt as if we were being "watched" the whole day. As a bride & groom we have ENOUGH things to worry... Read More about without feeling someone over our shoulder the whole time. We paid a lot of money to rent the space & so we should NOT have felt that way.