Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Custom Designs, Fashion Services, Fashion

2000 N Orchard St, Chicago, IL (773) 263-4856

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Jamie B

I am so lucky to have found Bustle and Bodice. Anna's talent and addition to detail show in her work. I went in for my initial fitting, left the dress with Anna, went back for the 2nd fitting and the dress fit like a glove. No additional fittings or changes required. I was able... Read More to take the dress right then and there! Anna's space is convenient and comfortable. Thank You for making me feel beautiful in my dress!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Kimm T

Anna is AMAZING. The lace work/details on my dress were very detailed and unique and I worried that alterations would throw off the balance of the gown. Anna made my dress fit like a glove, and you would never know that alterations were done. Plus, she's super nice, and... Read More fun to talk to, so I actually looked forward to my fittings. And even though I was on a bit of a compressed timeline (6 weeks), I never felt rushed or pressured.

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Jesse B

Anna is incredibly talented, efficient, and helpful. I bought a second-hand dress which fit me perfectly through the hips and bust, but didn't close in the back. I thought I would have to add a corset back or panel, but Anna checked the seams and said she would be willing and... Read More able to let it out enough for it to close as originally designed. No other seamstress I spoke to even suggested such a plan, and I am so grateful to Anna for taking the initiative to check. She was able to schedule me with minimal notice, but granted, this was off-season (my first-fitting was in October for a December wedding). The whole process took only two fittings, the first when she measured and pinned, the second when I tried on my perfect dress that didn't require anything else. Of all my vendors, Anna is the one I would recommend again and again with zero hesitation. Take your dress here and you won't have anything to worry about.

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Molly M

Anna did a stellar job tailoring my sample bridal gown. I purchased a sample gown without considering how much work (and money) it would really take to take something down 6 sizes! On top of the sizing, my dress was incredibly ornate and to alter it required removing nearly all... Read More of the beading and re-applying it. Anna let me know upfront that it would be a time-intensive job and gave me a quote. She stayed true to her quote even though the job ended up being more work than expected. I also only had three fittings (taking my dress home on the last one), which I thought was impressive. She is a truly sweet woman with an amazing talent. Her studio is private and easy to access. She made me feel amazing on my wedding day and I was so proud to wear my dress. I would recommend her in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Laura S

Anna is a true professional seamstress. She needs less time than most shops or seamstresses to alter a dress and knows what she is doing. She is on the pricier side of alterations, but for peace of mind, I was willing to pay a little extra. Anna has an incredible eye and made... Read More my dress fit perfectly. She also added in a dress label for me last minute that I received as a shower gift without an issue and it turned out beautifully. She does charge extra for steaming and pressing as well. Overall, excellent seamstress but prepare to pay for her work.

Reviewed on 3/18/2016 Kassandra B

I have been in contact with Anna for the last few weeks... here is what I learned: 1. She decides to work with you over email. Evaluates your dress via email. provides quotes via email. 2. She had me send over 8+ pictures of details of the dress. Her quote came back stating... Read More the dress had several layers that would need hemming and hand stitching. The dress has 2 layers, 1 lace and 1 fabric. 3. I was very specific from the first email that I didn't want the lace panels chopped at the bottom. After several back and forth emails not understanding what I meant, her last email said she would need to cut the lace at the bottom. When I asked a question addressing the concern again she said she could not work with me and recommended 2 other places. 4. The alterations she quoted me on were more than I spent on the dress. It looks like she does a beautiful job with dresses she is comfortable working with. I do not like the email back and forth. I appreciate the recommendation on other places on her last communication, but wish it would have happened a month ago, or would have had me come in to clarify what I repeatedly asked about.

Anna made my wedding dress look amazing on me

Reviewed on 12/20/2012 Krista M

I can’t say enough great things about Anna and her work. I was very nervous about finding a good seamstress because I have heard horror stories about alterations gone wrong. I scoured the internet and found Anna. Bringing my dress to her was the best thing I ever did! She... Read More works out of her home and her studio is immaculate and she is an absolute delight so I had no reservations about leaving my dress with her. I lost a bit of weight for my wedding and my all lace fit and flare gown had to be taken in quite a bit. The end product was absolutely perfect! It was impossible to tell where the dress had been altered and it fit beautifully! Anna’s work is flawless. She is also very warm and strives to get to know each client and their individual needs. And the alterations ended up costing less than the original estimate. Overall, great experience.

Great work!

Reviewed on 12/08/2012 Mayra G

Anna was absolutely amazing!!! She worked wonders on my wedding dress! My dress had tons of layers to it that needed to be hemmed individually. The 3 point bustle she created was amazing! It looked like a whole new dress once it was bustled. Alterations only took 2 weeks to... Read More complete and price was very affordable.

Dress Alterations

Reviewed on 8/28/2012 Stephanie H

I did a lot of research before getting my dress altered, and I am very glad I went with Anna. She is reasonably priced and has a great eye. You can trust your dress with her.