Paradise Found

Imagine your once-in-a-lifetime wedding ceremony in a breathtaking garden and your reception overlooking a magical tropical encounter. Contact us today to book your ceremony and reception at Como Park Zoo!

Ballroom, Garden, Park

1225 Estabrook Drive, Saint Paul, MN (651) 487-8282

Fun venue!

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Alison O

My guests loved this venue! It is pricey, and you have to use their catering, but everyone kept saying that was the best wedding food they ever had. I would definitely use this venue again if I had to do it all over again!

Beautiful venue, helpful staff

Reviewed on 11/18/2012 Christina C

I fell in love with the Sunken Garden the minute I toured it. It is so beautiful - a perfect backdrop for our wedding. We got married on October 12 and everything was perfect. The coordinator was so helpful, yet behind the scenes. I think we did everything by phone! When I... Read More walked into the ceremony, everything was in place and wonderful. I couldn't have asked for a better venue, thank you to Como Zoo Staff for making my day memorable!

Absolutely breathtaking ceremony!

Reviewed on 10/17/2012 Kate S

Como was an absolutely breathtaking ceremony venue for our small wedding. I couldn’t have imagined our wedding anywhere else! We worked with Polly most of the time for our event, but had some questions answered by Emily as they came up. They were both very helpful and... Read More responsive, and truly wanted us to have the day we imagined. The staff that were at the conservatory on the day of our wedding were fantastic! Plus the Sunken Garden looked amazing for our event, kudos to the botanists who work there! We had our reception elsewhere, so I can't comment on that.

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Karin H

The minute I saw photos of the covered porch all setup for a wedding reception, I knew I wanted to have my reception here as well. I'm so glad I made that choice! I worked with Kelly from Como to help plan the reception and she was absolutely amazing to work with! She was very... Read More fast to respond to all my questions and emails and whenever something came up she emailed me as quickly as she could to let me know. The communication was outstanding! I absolutely loved the food we picked for our wedding. Using Como as the reception meant we had to use the in-house caterer, but I couldn't be happier with their food and service, everything was perfect! We also decided to reserve the fern room for our reception and we had luminary bags lining the pathway and guests could have cocktails surrounded by the ferns, it was beautiful and definitely worth the extra price! Como isn't a cheap location, but it won't break the bank either if you're smart with your choices. I'm so glad it was within our budget to afford this beautiful location! I would definitely recommend Como to anyone looking to have their wedding or reception in a unique location surrounded by greenery and gorgeous gardens!

2017-08-18T15:00:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the 5 stars! Our team was happy to assist you in planning your wedding and answer all of your questions. Communication is very important to us so that all of our couples feel well informed. We are thrilled to hear you were... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/08/2017

Wish I did not have to give the conservatory or staff even 1 star. Horrible place to have a wedding! Had to ask for everything no one available to help control the public running around. No one there to help with pictures. No parking for anyone including the wedding party.... Read More Called both the event staff and the manager of the event coordinators and they clearly do not care if you have a positive experience or not.

2017-08-18T14:53:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We are very disappointed to read the review of your experience. We are following up with our staff on the issues you’ve raised. It is important to us that our brides feel taken care of on such... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Bonnie S

ComoPark Terrace and gardens were perfect for our venue. Everyone loved it and Kelly was the best venue director. I would recommend and do it all over again.

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Molly L

We had our reception in the Covered Porch. The venue was incredible. It is amazing how they turn a hallway into a such beautiful venue! If you are looking for an intimate space for 200 people or less, look here! Add the fern room and splurge on the chair covers. You won't regret... Read More it!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Megan V

We just got married in The Covered Porch at Como Zoo, and I would highly recommend it. We had a cocktail hour in the patio out front, and it was just beautiful with all the gardens. Once we were inside, I loved the wall of windows, and it made you feel like you were outside.... Read More Something else I appreciated that I hadn't thought of before, was that once the dance got started, people who weren't interested in dancing or who wanted to be able to have a conversation could go out to the lobby area where there were high tops set up. It allowed for guests to be out dancing or to have a quiet conversation. You can also rent a zoo animal for an hour. We rented the sloth, and it was a huge hit with our guests. We worked with Kelly from Lancer Catering, and she was AWESOME. She made everything so easy. She was super flexible and helpful, and she helped me think through all the small details. Kelly and the staff at Como Zoo made everything so easy and stress-free. I highly recommend them!!

2017-07-20T14:11:36 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the 5 star review! We are glad you were pleased with the set up of high tops in the lobby for guests to socialize at if not dancing. It's great to hear that the sloth was a big hit with your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Ashleigh K

Did you know you could have a penguin at your reception? The Bullard Auditorium was a perfect venue for us! The waitstaff was professional, all the Lancer Reps were super responsive, and the food was great! We also did our ceremony in the Sunken Garden room, we were told that... Read More we were reserved more space, but they let us use the fern room as well.

2016-11-11T16:20:25 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the 5 stars! We are so happy you enjoyed the space at our venue for your wedding! It is so nice to hear you had a great experience with Lancer Catering and their cuisine. We appreciate you choosing us to have your wedding... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Linnea T

My fiance and I just had our wedding at Como a few weeks ago, and the location could not have been better. We had a beautiful outdoor wedding, then went inside for the reception. I recommend a later time for the wedding, as the reception cannot begin until 6:30 pm, but a 5:30... Read More wedding worked great for us! There was some turnover of staff during our engagement, but then again it was very long. I was so pleased with the promptness of replies, the guiding hands, and the follow through from all of the staff that helped make our wedding special. Some of the rental items--cafe lights, for example, ended up being very expensive for what they actually were, so unless that's something you absolutely HAVE to have, I'd advise against renting "extras" from them.

2016-10-27T10:22:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the 4 star review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed the different spaces of our venue for your wedding. We are so glad our staff made your wedding day special and could help you through the planning process. Thanks for letting... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/30/2016

We had both our ceremony here (sunken gardens) and reception. Our ceremony was beautiful, the sunken gardens was beautiful and well worth the price. The food was great, we are still getting guests comments to this day, our wedding was more than a year ago. We paid for the sloth... Read More to visit, it was the perfect touch and a big hit.

2016-07-05T11:24:11 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! We are so happy to hear you are still getting compliments a year later!

Unique and fun photography location!

Reviewed on 1/19/2015 Lolita W

I would highly recommend anyone looking for a unique place for their wedding photography to check out the Como Zoo sunken garden. Our wedding was on December 27th, 2014 and we needed a good option for indoor pictures between the wedding and reception. The pictures turned out... Read More wonderfully, and I've received so many compliments on what a unique and beautiful location it was. The staff was incredibly helpful in making sure we got into the garden on time, and had sufficient amount of time to take all of our pictures. Thank you Como Zoo for making our wedding so memorable!

didnt go here, The Know keeps deleting companies i add

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Amy T

N/a

Lovely venue

Reviewed on 8/31/2014 Austin R

There really wasn't an alternative location we were considering. The sunken garden was absolutely lovely. The staff was helpful and protective of our weddings privacy. The flowers were great.

Excellent for small wedding

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 Sarah B

We had our wedding on 6/20/14 in the Sunken Garden. It was a beautiful day outside, but not wanting to chance the weather we opted for the indoor location. While it was a bit steamy inside (we warned guests ahead of time to dress appropriately), the gardens were gorgeous and... Read More exactly what we wanted. The staff was very helpful setting things up ahead of time with me and then being on-site. Como says that you can fit 90 people in the Sunken Garden, but with our guest list of 40 it felt quite full. Your guests must stand (a few chairs are provided if you ask ahead of time), and there is wheelchair access if needed. Beware due to the humidity some musicians do not like to play this venue (we had a classical guitarist who used his 'outdoor' guitar for the ceremony which was not a problem!). One downside is that there isn't really a waiting room area for bride and groom, but we made it work with me hiding out by the restroom area and the groom greeting guests as they arrived.

Beautiful Location/Pricey

Reviewed on 7/20/2013 Ashley K

We were double booked initially and had to switch rooms. We actually ended up getting the covered porch room, which is gorgeous and some freebies for are trouble, which helped a lot. We paid to have the fern room extra, which I decorated with luminary bags and it looked like a... Read More fairy tale. The room in gorgeous! It is a little more pricey overall and it was really hard to keep the price down. Our main contact switched once during the year, but our new contact Lauren was really helpful. My biggest problem was that there was supposed to be 2 bars open initially and then one was going to shut down after the happy hour. We only had one bar and there was 20-30 minutes at the beginning of dinner with no drinks available. Our guests then waited in a long line during our speeches to get drinks. The service was good. Overall it was a great wedding venue and como was easy to deal with.

good overall

Reviewed on 7/18/2013 Claire S

We loved the idea of having the reception at the zoo - we rented some of the animals for the cocktail hour, the reception space was great (in the upstairs room with access to the outside porch), and the food was pretty good when we sampled it. The service was a little lacking -... Read More before the wedding, our contact person changed and no one ever notified us, we waited much longer than we were told to get the estimate, and at the wedding the champagne wasn't poured until after the toasts. Minor things in hindsight; we ended up with a great wedding in the end!

Beautiful Venue, but Limited Flexibility

Reviewed on 7/07/2013 Stephanie F

Como itself was easy to work with, my their in-house catering company not so much. They were also strict on the rental times, which I wish were longer so you wouldn't have to rush the pictures. I wouldn't change the venues though. We had the ceremony in the Sunken Garden,... Read More followed by the reception in the Covered Porch. Everything was beautiful!

Great venue for small weddings

Reviewed on 6/04/2013 Megan J

We had our ceremony in the Sunken Gardens. It was absolutely beautiful and we saved a bundle on flowers! However, keep in mind the strict policies. You only get an hour and a half inside the venue. It seems like a lot of time, but it goes by quickly!! The Como Weddings... Read More staff was responsive to all my emails and requests.

Encore Bride Como Sunken Garden

Reviewed on 4/02/2013 Kalee H

Como Park's sunken garden was absolutely gorgeous! The cost to rent the garden was $1000. You are allowed certain time slots in hour and half increments. Your ceremony and all of your pictures MUST be in this hour and a half time frame. The bridal couple is also allowed in the... Read More sunken garden with their photographer during the business hours. Although I admit it was difficult to do this at times due to visitors walking in front or near our photographer. You are allowed up to 90 guests (including your wedding party) and they must stand. Up to 10 chairs are allowed for elderly/parents/children to sit during your ceremony. However your remaining 80 guests must stand. If you can adhere to Como's policies and deal with strict staff then Como makes an elegant and gorgeous place for your ceremony. The flowers and garden are amazing. We were married March 16, 2013 and had the 4:30-6:00pm time slot.

Gorgeous, but have a fast photographer.

Reviewed on 2/17/2013 Rianna M

I could not have asked for a more beautiful location for our ceremony. The staff was polite and helpful, and the gardens are AMAZING. Just make sure you get a photographer that is VERY organized because you only get 1.5 hours to do pictures and the ceremony.

Gorgeous

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Rene K

The space is gorgeous!! Our only complaint was the mandatory 19% tip before the actual occasion.

beautiful place for a wedding ceremony and party

Reviewed on 9/09/2012 Justyna W

we had our ceremony at the sunken garden and our party in one of the rooms upstairs. It was really beautiful, the service was great; servers very polite and on top of everything. loved it!

Gorgeous

Reviewed on 5/15/2012 Vanessa E

How do you have a superbly beautiful wedding without breaking bank? Get married at Como :) Our ceremony was so beautiful (and fragrant!), and fairly well-priced. Ask what flowers will be there on your wedding to make sure they'll go with your color scheme!

Simply magical

Reviewed on 4/10/2012 Jill M

We held our wedding ceremony and reception in the Conservatory, and it was simply magical. Because our wedding list was small (65-70 people), we were able to have a cocktail reception in the Sunken Garden, North Garden and Palm Dome after the wedding ceremony. Didn't need a... Read More budget for decor, as the conservatory is spectacular, particularly at night. On site event managers and caterers were awesome. Our guests told us that everything about the ceremony was perfect. What a magical setting for our most important day!

Meet The Coordinator

Courtney Larsen

I was born and raised in Minnesota and found my passion for the hospitality industry when I was just 15 years old while working my first job as a hotel supervisor at a fishing resort in Northern Minnesota. I became part of the Lancer family in 2014, and I have not worked for a company that has been as dedicated to delivering excellence as Lancer is. I now have over ten years of experience in the hospitality industry, and I am grateful to work in a position that allows me to cultivate so many relationships with so many different people, which is my true passion.