River Crest Banquet Facility

Rochester Hills, MI

Capacity: Up to 250 | WEBSITE | PHONE

May all who enter as guests leave as ....

Have your wedding ceremony on the River Crest's lushly landscaped patio and pose for pictures in the garden overlooking the Clinton River. Then step inside and enjoy great food and outstanding service! Thirty+ years of experience, mature and competent waitstaff, quality food, and great prices!

• Indoor Ceremony Area

$$ - Affordable

Style

Banquet/Reception Hall, Botanic Garden/Park, Unusual/Alternative

900 W Avon Rd, Rochester Hills, MI

Awesome food! Awesome staff!

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Cindy K

Married 6-29-13 and they were amazing. All the guests loved the food and the wait staff and bartenders were amazing! So helpful and accommodating.

Great!!!

Reviewed on 11/12/2012 shawna m

River crest was amazing for our wedding reception. Their staff was professional, polite and hard working. We were able to decorate the hall the day before, the asked for the name and contacts of all our vendors to be sure everything was taken care of. The food was amazing. All in all I highly recommend them.

Wonderful Wedding

Reviewed on 10/27/2012 Julie B

From the first time we went to look at the place until the last minute of our wedding this was a perfect experience. Nino (the manager and coordinator) was very organized, friendly, and accommodating to all of our needs and requests. The prices are very fair and you don't have to upgrade to an entire new package if you want a few things changed here and there. The food was great, the bar tenders were fast and poured delicious drinks. Overall this was a great wedding venue!

Reviewed on 5/25/2015 Jenna W

Nino and everyone at River Crest were amazing. Nino and Rebecca were accommodating and helpful all throughout the planning process, and just made everything easy. The bartenders and waitstaff were attentive and professional, and the food was simply delicious. All my guests were commenting on how good it was. There are two reception halls so two weddings can happen at the same time, so when I was choosing venues I was worried this might be disruptive from my experience at other venues that host many weddings at once. But besides a few guests from the other wedding and signing our guest book (which I just laughed about, it really wasn't a problem), we couldn't even hear that there was another wedding happening (although our times were staggered by 90 minutes, so that helped). River Crest was also far and beyond the best value of all the venues I looked into, which was really important to us, and I couldn't be happier with how our wedding went. Definitely recommend!

wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 4/17/2015

river crest was extremely helpful and accommodating. I can't imagine having our wedding anywhere else. the food was also wonderful!

Outstanding Service at River Crest

Reviewed on 3/23/2015

The time we spent with Nino and Rebecca preparing for our daughters wedding reception was Awesome. They were so on it! Very personable and extremely helpful. We used the entire place, both rooms... It was so great to have the dance room separate from the dining... joined by double doors. The guests loved that!!! The tables were set beautifully and the dining area was gorgeous! The dance room was had regular tables and cocktail tables for people to sit at. We used their sound system which was excellent! The food was excellent as well, we had several people approach us at the reception commenting on how delicious it was. We had the grilled chicken (boneless), Italian sausage, zucchini, baby red potatoes, spinach fettuccine which was outstanding and Greek salad. It was all fabulous! The waitstaff were very attentive and so polite. In good conscience, I cant leave anything less than 5 stars. We were that pleased with everything in it's entirety . We appreciate you all very much. Sincerely, The David Johnson Family David, Nancy, Faylyn, Jonathan, Nathan and (Robert and Shelby Kub)... the newlyweds. (:

AMAZING location

Reviewed on 11/14/2014 Courtnie H

When you first pull up to River Crest, you don't realize how great it actually is. The rooms are well laid out and have floor to ceiling windows that overlook an AMAZING outdoor space. Some people have their ceremony out there, but we did not. We did put a fire pit out there and have a lounge area - so nice with the November chill in the air and the trees all strung up with twinkle lights. The staff is unmatched in their customer service - they really do want to make sure that your special day is all that you would like it to be. Accommodating for nearly every question or request. One of the servers continued to come over and make sure that I was taken care of - enough food, did I get cake, do I need a drink...so nice and made the evening perfect. Nino is the best! Thank you, River Crest!

2014-11-17T08:08:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful review! River Crest is happy your day was perfect! Thanks for choosing us for your reception!

A day to remember!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 leigh s

My wedding reception at River Crest was over 6 years ago,I am prompted to write a review because since then I have had 3 other people from attending my wedding and/or seeing pictures book and have their wedding there as well. I love the location of River Crest and the garden patio is beautiful and gave a feeling of nature in the city. The food was excellent! Nino can personalize it as well, for the appetizer/cocktail hour we had sport themed food, such as, nachos, mini hot dogs, soft pretzels, to show my husbands love of sports! Also had a chocolate fountain and a pizza snack at the end of the night. We went with a band and they had plenty of room to set up and the dance floor was packed all night. I can't say enough great things about River Crest, it will be a day I will always remember!

Good times great food

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Chrissy

We had around 200 guest . We had light snacks, full bar, 3 meat choices, and late night pizza dogs and sliders, all the food was amazing. The guest had a great time also. Nino was right there if we needed anything. I recommend River Crest to anyone.

River Crest was the perfect place to have our wedding!

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Georgette A

River Crest was a wonderful place to have our wedding. They have a gorgeous outdoor patio space where we held our ceremony. There is a beautiful garden area behind that space where a creek runs through as well. It was a spectacular place to take really nice pictures after the ceremony right on site, which saved us a lot of time. The owner does a fine job running his facility. He and his staff were very professional and the service during the reception was exceptional. You can tell he truly cares about delivering quality service and product. The food was delicious, and the feedback from our guests was overwhelmingly positive. The reception hall itself is clean and modern with an open view of the outdoor space through large windows on one side of the hall. Overall, we were so happy with deciding to have it at River Crest. The best part of all was that we didn't have to exceed our budget to make it happen. It was a simple but elegant wedding that we were able to plan with the wonderful value River Crest provided. My husband and I would 100% highly recommend this facility for anyone planning a wedding or other major event.

Flawless Venue!

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Stefanie B

River Crest is your answer for a small, affordable reception venue. When my husband and I began planning our wedding, we were flabbergasted by the outrageous prices of reception venues out there. We visited River Crest and couldn't believe we could get a 3-course meal with open bar for $32 a person! Nino helped us find the best package for our event and our budget. He even helped us pick our date, suggesting the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend because he could give us a discount for that date. Further, my husband and I are vegetarian, thus we wanted a 100% vegetarian menu. Nino worked with us to create a menu that fit our needs and the food was amazing. The eggplant parmesan was a hit, even with our meat-eating family and friends. It just goes to show that you can have a beautiful wedding reception without having to pay $30,000! River Crest is your answer for a simply elegant, affordable wedding. Just because it was affordable didn't mean that the quality and service lacked. The staff at River Crest were impeccable. They made me feel special all night by calling me by my married name, Mrs. Janes. They treated the wedding party like royalty! Although we had a buffet, serve staff were at the ready to help guests (including the bride in a white dress) carry their dishes back to their seat. They also took drink orders and served drinks. The patio was open all night for guests to come and go. The outdoor cocktail tables and lit trees made for a beautiful evening ambiance for people who wanted to get some air or take a break from dancing. The staff here are down-to-earth and really make you feel special. Do not judge this book by its cover - from the road it looks like a warehouse. However, once you enter and get the full ambiance of the elegant room as well as the patio, lawns and river, you will fall in love! I cannot thank this place enough for existing because on a small wedding budget, we had a beautiful, fairy tale evening where we felt like royalty!

Reception Venue

Reviewed on 5/09/2014 Jordan W

My experience at River Crest was amazing! Nino and his staff were very accommodating and the food was delicious! I would highly recommend them!

seriously!!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2013 jennifer c

nino is rude and doesn't know what is going on. he could not tell who the groom was, didn't have the room set up correctly, and was lurking around very creepy. but Rebecca is amazing and knows her stuff. the kitchen is extremely dirty and belongs on kitchen nightmares and wastes too much food.

River Crest was a great venue

Reviewed on 8/04/2013 Tracie P

The food was wonderful, the service was fantastic and the room size was more than big enough to fit our party comfortably. Children under 6 ate free and 6 to 12 ate half price. There is an open bar included in the price per plate. The one thing that was a small issue was that their glasses at the bar were a little small. Each of their rooms has a patio area with a beautiful view. I was extremely happy with the venue. There is a memorial park across the street as well, which was a great place to take pictures.

RIVER CREST BANQUET FACILITY

Reviewed on 7/24/2013 NIKKI L

From the initial booking to the end, we were extremely pleased with Nino and his wonderful staff. We could not have asked for a better, more organized wedding, and our event was a little unusual as my daughter and son-in-law were married by Darth Vadar. The food was simply scrumptious, the waitstaff was marvelous, the venue clean and beautiful. I would highly recommend this venue. Again, we were very happy!!!!!!!!!

Leea Davenport-Moon

Reviewed on 5/29/2013 Leea D

Nino and his staff were very professional and sensitive to our nerds and request. I will use them again and would recommend them to anyone.

What a wonderful night

Reviewed on 5/28/2013 Kristina B

We had our wedding on 5/11/13 at Rivercrest and it was absolutely amazing. The owner, Nino, is fabulous to work with. He answered all the questions I had approaching our big day, and handled every curve ball I threw at him like it was nothing. The food at Rivercrest is delicious! We went with the family style menu and everybody was very impressed. The bar service was fantastic as well, the bartender repeatedly came over to us to make sure we had everything we needed. This facility is beautiful and the staff is wonderful!

Hall Rental

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Erica C

I searched places on line and found this place, it was in the middle for not the cheapest but not the most expensive and the price per person was a good price for buffet and open bar. It was the best place for wanting to have a wedding but cannot afford 10,000 just for hall rental. All the people were awesome and so nice and helpful. anytime i had a question i always got to talk to someone. my overall experience there was amazing!! the food was great! I would occasionally hear from a friend or someone that went to a wedding there, before i got married, or had a party there that the food was good and all the people were great and they were! i would recommend this place to everyone i know!

Hosted a wonderful wedding!

Reviewed on 9/04/2012 Tracy P

We had our wedding and reception at River Crest on August 3rd and couldn't be happier with the event. We have received nothing but wonderful comments and feedback after the event from our guests. The ceremony, hall, and food where all above my expectations. One of our guests noted that his niece had recently gotten married and spent far more then we did and had no where near as nice of a wedding as ours. Nino and his staff where accommodating to our needs and Mary helped alleviate the stress of the day helping things flow smoothly. I can't thank them enough for helping to make our wedding a day we'll never forget.

Great facility, food & service!

Reviewed on 8/28/2012 Leslie B

This is a great place to have your reception. We had about 160 people and it was perfect. We were able to have our ceremony outside on the grounds and it was beautiful. At night, there were lights that lit up the tree and my photographer got some great pics. I received many compliments on the food. Nino & Rebecca were awesome and always promptly answered all of my questions. They are very accomodating.

So impressed!!

Reviewed on 8/19/2012 Heather J

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at River Crest. The facility has BEAUTIFUL patio and grassy areas perfect for an outdoor wedding. There is a creek that runs through the back of the area. Nino, the owner, was very professional during the planning and made me feel like I didn't have anything to worry about for the big day. Nino stepped up when needed during the ceremony and during the reception. We had a buffet dinner for the reception and the food was fabulous and hot! The staff was professional and plolite and made sure everyone was happy! I was so pleased with the way River Crest helped host my wedding and reception and I would highly recommend Nino and River Crest for anyone's wedding and/or reception. The service and food was impeccable!!

Amazing

Reviewed on 8/07/2012 Nickie W

Awesome service. Great food. Great experience. Beautiful place

Hit or miss

Reviewed on 7/02/2012 Karen R

We used River Crest to cater our wedding at a different venue. They were much more accommodating with what we wanted to do than any of the other caterers our facility worked with. When we tasted the food, it was wonderful. When it came to the actual event, they rushed us to eat. The food was ready way before the time they were supposed to serve us. As a result, they were all trying to rush us through our pictures and moments after the ceremony ended. The food was definitely not as good as it was the first time! Everyone else seemed to like it fine, but mine was cold and tough. One of the dishes was overcooked. The site coordinator was very mad because they were supposed to put away the tables and vacuum up before they left which they didn't. In setting up, they had to go back for more linens because they didn't bring enough. The most positive thing I can say is that the server who took care of me was fantastic. She was attentive and kind.

Nino and his crew are awesome!

Reviewed on 10/14/2011 nicole t

Our experience with River Crest was all around perfect! From the first time I met with them while I was still shopping around for a venue, til the end of the reception, their staff was very, very nice. They're more accommodating than I could have ever expected! Thank you so very much for helping to make such an amazing night for us and our friends and family!

The Best!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2011 Chelsey P

Wonderful! Nino took the time to answer all of my questions (trust me, I had plenty!) and the service was great! He even went out of his way to make a seperate dinner for my only vegetarian guest (she loved the eggplant parmesan). The food was delicious (try the grilled chicken) and we couldn't have asked for more. :) I recommend River Crest for your wedding!

TO River Crest Banquet Facility