The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Set in the majestic beauty of the Texas Hill Country, halfway between San Antonio and Austin, The Studios at Fischer is an elegant, expansive venue that combines stunning outdoor spaces with stylish, modern architecture. With a spacious lawn, idyllic outdoor grove, spacious poolside patio and large elegant studio space, the venue is ideally suited for couples who wish to hold their entire wedding at one location, allowing the party to flow smoothly from ceremony to cocktail hour followed by dining and then dancing. To-be-weds receive complete freedom to use the various spaces however they so desire, accommodating weddings of any style and parties of up to 200 guests.

The Nature Grove. A picturesque outdoor ceremony spot located slightly away from the main building, guests first walk past two beautiful wildflower-filled meadows on their way to the Nature Grove. Here, couples exchange vows in front of a stunning ceremony arch adorned with flowers, set against a backdrop of majestic live oaks and lush green lawns.

Poolscape Patio. More than 2,300 square feet of open-air deck space surrounds the venue's spectacular outdoor pool. The spacious flagstone patio is ideal for pre-dinner cocktail hour and it includes a natural amphitheater and rock stage perfectly suited for toasting the newlywed couple. A fire pit on the patio also allows guests to enjoy the evening outdoors even on cooler nights, while a large lawn adjoining the patio offers fantastic views of the surrounding hill country.

Dragonfly Studio. After cocktail hour on the patio, the party then moves inside the contemporary studio space for the reception. This modernly designed space has a spacious, open floor plan that allows for ultimate flexibility. A loft space at one end provides a full view of the proceedings, while the adjoining covered patios on each side of the space make it easy to escape for a quick breath of fresh air.

The Studios at Fischer is a location-only venue and couples are free to choose their own catering and other services from the studios' list of preferred vendors. The list includes virtually anything you could need for the event, including officiants, entertainment, photography and videography, audiovisual equipment, decor and other rentals.

Rental of the venue includes 10 hours of event time, including setup and tear-down. The rental fee also includes up to 300 white chairs, 24 round banquet tables, six rectangular tables and six cocktail tables. The venue also provides additional tables for the inside bar, cake and gifts. Couples can also choose to add on extra services for a fee, such as security, setup labor and custom lighting options. Rental of the space also includes an on-site venue manager, while ample on-site parking is available for all guests.

In addition to the stylish and flexible event spaces, the venue also provides well-appointed lounge areas for the bride and groom’s parties. The elegant bridal suite comes complete with a professional hair and makeup salon, while the Groom’s Garage is home to a big-screen TV and pinball machine. Couples that host their wedding at The Studios at Fischer also receive a complimentary two-hour bridal photo session at the property prior to their event, as well as a one-hour rehearsal on the day before or morning of the wedding.

Studios at Fischer

Located between Austin and San Antonio, this pristine destination is ideal for those looking for something unusual and contemporary. Our venue offers the perfect setting for weddings, corporate events, retreats, galas and fundraisers. Family owned and attentively managed, our goal is to make your special day or event one that will be enjoyed and remembered by all who attend.

Backyard, Ballroom, Garden, Loft

Destination Weddings, Rentals + Equipment

3711 F.M. 484, Canyon Lake, TX (800) 280-3084

Reviewed on 4/29/2017 Kelleigh D

The Studios at Fischer gave me the PERFECT wedding. Their event planners took care of everything! They were always on top of things and letting me know when was a good time to meet or make a decision. Plus, they're really knowledgeable of the best vendors in the area. It was... Read More easy to be calm on my special day because they took all the stress off everything. If little things went wrong, I certainly never knew about it. The day was one I will never forget. It was absolutely amazing, and I have Lisa, Maria, and Emily to thank most of all for that. They are hard workers and sure know how to throw an amazing party!

Perfect Venue. Dream Wedding!

Reviewed on 12/09/2015 Amanda S

The Studios at Fischer is an incredible venue with an amazing team. This team and their group of preferred vendors will blow anyone out of the water. One of the most recurring comments I heard was, "you are such a relaxed bride!" And I was. I had nothing to worry or be stressed... Read More about because the level of professionalism and responsiveness Lisa and Maria provided was like nothing I have ever seen. I happened to catch a beautiful day, but the team assured me that if any inclement weather occurred we had a plan B and plan C. They were proactive and ready for anything. Not to mention the venue itself is gorgeous with a mix of hill country elegance and black tie elements. There is no other venue like it. Thank you Studios at Fischer for giving me the wedding of my dreams!

Reviewed on 11/29/2015 Amaris G

Selecting The Studios at Fischer as my venue was the easiest but best choice I made in the wedding planning process. The easiest because the venue is so beautiful and the best because of the wonderful staff that were so easy to work with. The scenery is stunning and the... Read More interior is so unique and modern, it's the best of both worlds! I worked closely with Maria who was very professional, helpful and caring. I suffered from bride brain a few weeks before my wedding but Maria took the time to help me and make sure I thought of every detail. The day of the wedding Maria and her staff were there with me the entire night makeing sure all was taken care of and executed properly. I couldn't have asked for any better!

STAY AWAY!

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Stephanie B

This place was absolutely HORRIBLE! STAY AWAY! I am not one to leave a review but our experience with this venue was so AWFUL that i truly did not want them to deceive another couple the way they did us. The venue grounds are absolutely gorgeous,which is of course why we... Read More went the Studio at Fischer, but we learned (unfortunately the hard way) that the venue staff should be just as much of a deciding factor when picking your wedding venue. The staff is very friendly and cooperative through the showing/contract process, however the day of the wedding they were extremely rude and uncooperative. They are everyone reminding you what you can and cannot do. "Don't touch this!" "Don't do that!" While we were setting up day of, my bridal party kept coming up to me and asking me why we chose a venue with such RUDE STAFF! I am fine with limitations if those are the venue's rules but feel strongly that information should have been disclosed before having us sign the contract. And unfortunately they weren't. Lastly we bought liability insurance and rented a shuttle bus to take all guests safely to and from the venue. And prior to our wedding we had met with the staff to go over final details, including our alcohol selection and specifically noted Fireball as that is a popular shot with most everyone these days. The staff confirmed there was no problems with that because we had the insurance and guest transportation taken care of. Day of the wedding...NO SHOTS! The staff wouldn't even let the bridal party drink beer prior to our reception entrance. BUZZKILL! This is not the venue if you and your guests like to have a good time and not be restricted when you drink! Again I am only writing this review to hopefully prevent another couple from being deceived and making the wrong choice, as we did. This is one of the most important days of your lives and it should nothing less that perfect. At all cost, STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!

2016-01-05T13:06:57 Response from the vendor

At the Studio’s at Fischer it is our goal to give our clients their dream experience and therefore, we always welcome and appreciate honest feedback. We never like to hear/read that anyone (couples, their family or guests) has had an unpleasant experience. We believe communication... Read Less Read More

Great venue!

Reviewed on 6/17/2014 Monique O

I had a great experience at the Studio at Fischer and all of my guests thought the venue was beautiful! The Event Coordinator, Lisa Snow was awesome and I did not need to hire a day of coordinator. They made sure everything ran smoothly and I was not bothered the whole... Read More night.

Meet The Events Director

Emily Santana

Emily Santana is the Events Director at the Studios at Fischer where she coordinates events and assists in finance. She graduated from Texas State University with a bachelors degree in public relations and a minor in business administration. Her experience with events started in 2014 as an intern at the Studios at Fischer that ultimately led to a standing position within the company. With a couple of years of event experience under her belt, her ultimate goal is to make the Studios at Fischer an idyllic location for weddings and events.