Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

1651 W Centre Ave, Portage, MI (269) 329-0486

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Laura M

We came to Wiser unsure of who we wanted for our special day. They helped us find the perfect DJ for us with just a short phone call. Our DJ, Craig Cummingham, knew exactly what we wanted and was wonderful all through the night.

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Theresa P

DJ Scott "Hurricane" Herriman was everything he said he would be and more. We really had no idea just how he would get everyone on the dance floor as promised, but he definitely did! So many people mentioned to us afterwords that our wedding was one of the most fun they'd been... Read More to, and we definitely have Scott to thank. His energy was contagious. Scott showed up on time, was dressed in a nice suit, and had a wonderful set-up complete with TVs that showed music videos. Creating a memorable reception experience where everyone had fun was was well worth the price tag. Thank you so much Wiser Productions and Scott for your amazing work!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Abby K

Andy Carlson was our DJ and he made our reception so much fun! He did a fantastic job. He was easy to communicate with, really listened to our music taste and made some fantastic selections, and really read the room on what people liked/disliked. We got so many compliments from... Read More our guests on how much fun they had. Thank you Andy!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Charissa B

My husband and I used DJ Andy Carlson for our August wedding in Kalamazoo and he was amazing!! He did a great job reading the crowd and was so easy to communicate with.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Tobi G

My husband and I got married on 9-16-16. We used Jon Janssen as our DJ. He made our special day very memorable. Our guests commented on how great he was and how good the music selection was. We highly recommend Jon!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Shannon L

My husband and I got married at the Blue Dress Barn on 9-3-16 and had Andy from Wiser Productions DJ. Andy was incredibly easy to work with. He went above and beyond for us in several ways: playing custom music from my grandfather and uncle during dinner, playing a mashup we... Read More created for the bridal party walking into the reception (with a script of a fun Blue's Brothers-esq intro he read) as well as MC'ing and announcing all the special moments throughout the night. He played a ton of music off the playlist we gave him and nothing off our “do not play” list. He made things go very smoothly. We had no complaints about the music, and the dance floor was lively the whole night! We were very impressed with the quality and couldn’t have asked for a better experience. We would definitely recommend Andy to DJ any of our friend’s weddings.

Amazing DJ

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Sarah L

Tony Sehy was an amazing DJ. He kept the dance floor moving all night and was able to include all of our special details in both the ceremony and reception.

Great DJ

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Jaclyn L

We used Wiser Productions for our wedding. The DJ we had was Tony. He was great. I'm not a huge music buff so he was great at just playing anything and everything. He kept the crowd engaged and even my Dad complimented his DJ skills.

Jon Janssen

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Melissa H

Jon did our ceremony and reception and did a wonderful job

Reviewed on 6/14/2015 Jamie J

My husband Ben and I recently got married on May 24th, 2015 at The Barn at Monterey Valley in Allegan, MI and were lucky enough to have found Scott Herriman from Wiser Productions to DJ our event! Everyone has been to at least one wedding in the past where the DJ stands behind... Read More the table playing song after song without saying a word or realizing that it has been two hours since the first dance and the dance floor remains empty. This was one of my biggest fears when planning our wedding. Little did I know that our wedding would be the exact opposite! From the time of the first dance until the last song of the night our dance floor was packed! Scott was able to choose songs that got everyone on their feet and kept them dancing all night long. Oftentimes Scott was on the dance floor himself teaching people a new dance or getting them excited about a song! He played a perfect variety of songs - some fast and some slow. He was able to play across all genres and all time periods of music to make sure there was something for everyone! He was timely, professional and full of energy all night long! At the end of the night our dance floor was just as full as at the beginning of the night and everyone was sad that the party had to come to an end! In addition to keeping the party rocking all night long Scott was an excellent MC for our entire reception. He kept things running smoothly and made sure that everything was taken care of so that Ben and I could relax, have fun and simply enjoy the party! Wiser Productions and especially Scott Herriman - Ben and I cannot thank you enough for everything you did to make our wedding day one to remember forever! Scott, it was wonderful to have met you and my family and I will be forever grateful. You are incredible!

DJ Guy Voss

Reviewed on 1/08/2015 Kathleen T

I had DJ Guy Voss for my wedding on NYE and he made the night absolutely perfect. We communicated mostly over e-mail due to me being an out of state bride, but that didn't hinder the experience at all. I gave him a list of some songs we wanted and he did a splendid job of... Read More combining older songs and top hits to get everyone on their feet and dancing. He also provided the photo booth which was a HUGE hit! My guests are still talking about the great time they had and all the silly pictures they took. I would recommend Guy for anyone who needs a DJ for their wedding!

Fantastic DJ

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Michelle O

We used DJ Jon Janssen for our September wedding and couldn't be happier at how it all turned out. We had been slightly concerned with how our reception was going to turn out because we had a large variety of people coming. But Jon erased all those concerns. Everyone from our... Read More college age friends to our grandparents were on the dance floor all night. I can honestly say I don't think i've been at another wedding where the dancefloor was that full all night. He played a great mix of music from multiple genre's and got the specific song choices we wanted in there as well. When a couple of guests were requesting songs if it was slightly questionable he would find myself or my now husband and find out if that was something we wanted played. He also did the music for our outdoor ceremony and provided a mic for that as well. All setup was handled ahead of time and the sound quality for both indoors and out was wonderful. Their price was also better than some of the competitors, and they were extremely easy to work with. We filled out a couple of worksheets with our preferences and schedule, and then about a week before we met with Jon to iron out all the details. He was more than happy to offer advice on how to make things run smoother, and after our reception I'd say that he knew what he was talking about. I highly recommend Wiser Productions and Jon for any couple looking to have a rocking dancefloor alllll night!

Jim is FANTASTIC

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Shannon

My now-husband had seen Jim work at other weddings, and was adamant we use him. He kept everyone dancing and was a great showman. It was definitely the best choice, Jim and Wiser Productions were very great to work with. We are still receiving compliments (almost a month later)... Read More on how awesome the DJ was!

Guy Voss was great!

Reviewed on 8/25/2014 Emily R

We used Guy Voss because he was recommended by our venue and he did a wonderful job! We would likely not have been able to afford him if we had gotten married on a Saturday rather than a Friday, but he provides a great service and is worth the money. He kept people on the dance... Read More floor for the entire night and handled the reception timing very smoothly. He is obviously very experienced, and I highly recommend him.

So many DJs to choose from!

Reviewed on 5/27/2014 Jennifer U

Many DJs at a variety of prices! We chose Tony Sehy and he did not disappoint!

Great entertainment

Reviewed on 12/21/2013 Autumn S

The DJ we had through wiser productions was amazing! We had a small wedding of 45 guests and he kept them entertained from the ceremony with the music I picked out all the way through our last dance! Our last dance was our firstdance as Bride and Groom, the only difference was... Read More he had all of our guests make a big circle around us and hold hands! It was amazing! It was like we were getting a final blessing by our loved ones! :)

Scott Herriman - Go big or go home

Reviewed on 11/10/2013 Lacey J

I am still getting compliments on Scott DJ'ing our wedding. He kept the crazy schedule get back on track and kept our party going! I only gave him a small list of music to give him an idea of the style of music we wanted and he nailed it! People who I have never seen dance... Read More since knowing them were on that dance floor. I know nothing of the other DJs at Wiser but can assure you that Scott is worth the extra money! Oh and I'd like to recognize Curt for his excellent service. He is a breeze to work with!

Loved the personal touch

Reviewed on 10/16/2013 Jessica C

We used Jon Janssen as our wedding disc jockey for our September wedding. He had great and unique ideas and played music everyone loved. He got the guests involved and made it more personal than business. The only thing we had, and I did not know until after the wedding, my maid... Read More of honor had requested a few songs he wouldn't play. She told me what they were and they were good songs without inappropriate words (we had kids there) so I could not see a reason to not play them. But the songs he did play were fun and had people out on the floor. Everyone loved how involved he got.

Guy Voss is AMAZING

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Jackie W

Guy was recommended by my photographer, and two friends who had used him for their weddings. I could not have picked a better DJ. We sent him a list of our favorite songs and he played most of them and included other songs along the same lines. He also stuck to our 'do not... Read More play' list. He is not a 'showy' DJ, he does not promote himself, just keeps the party going in a subtle, non-annoying way. LOVED him and his company, Wiser Productions. Go with them, you will not be let down =)

Craig Cunningham is the wedding DJ to have!

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Shelby C

We hired Craig Cunningham for our outdoor wedding reception for 350 people and we were so pleased with his performance! He handled the big crowd so well and kept the dance floor packed all night!

dj

Reviewed on 6/09/2013 terra d

awesome!! very happy with my dj scott.

Book Montage ONLY if you want to keep the dance fl

Reviewed on 11/18/2012 Lauren R

We had Montage at our wedding...and they were so fun, full of energy and (obviously) played great music! I worked exclusively with Curt, who was so pleasant and easy-going--he responded in a timely manner to repeated emails, accommodated our every request and worked hard to make... Read More sure every last detail was perfect and just as we wanted it. We also had Brandon, who plays the keys for Montage, play the keyboard for our ceremony. It was such a nice touch; we received so many compliments on how wonderful he played, and how fun it was to have mainstream music during our wedding. My only regret is that I didn't get to hear more of it (much of his playing was while guests were seated)! We had an emergency event at the end of our night, so our dancing time was cut a little short. Even still, the dance floor was packed on the few songs we were able to sneak in, and it was clear that guests were primed and ready to "get down." Curt helped me navigate a challenging situation with such class and direction, and I will never be able to truly express my gratitude for how wonderful he was to us. Book Montage if you want to have a blast and dance the night away. It's impossible NOT to dance when they play. So what are you waiting for? Book Montage now! Trust me...you won't regret it!

Guy Voss from Wiser Productions

Reviewed on 10/11/2012 Alexia K

We highly recommend Guy Voss! He was extremely professional and talented. Truly helped make the atmosphere fun on our special day!

Randall Johnson

Reviewed on 9/30/2012 Cathy K

More then we expected... he is great!

LOVED Craig!

Reviewed on 9/25/2012 Lindsey P

We were an out-of-town couple getting married in Kalamazoo. I was nervous that we were just picking vendors out of a hat since we didn't know many people in the area. Nerves were completely calmed when I found Wiser Productions. Many DJs in the area were freelance, so I found it... Read More very comforting that this was a company that did events full-time. I initially spoke with Kurt, who did a very thorough consultation about our wedding style. He suggested we use Craig Cunningham. I could not be happier with Craig! And the planning process was so simple. They have a planning form you can fill out to help with the reception outline. A few weeks before the wedding, I spoke with Craig and we went over every point of the planner. I ended that conversation not worried one bit that anything (from cocktail hour, to bridal party intros, to toasts, to music selection) would be amiss. And I was right! Almost everybody who attended my wedding was up dancing all night (I was worried people might not dance) and so many people said ours was the best wedding they've been to. I'd recommend Craig (and Wiser Productions) to anyone!!