Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

1651 W Centre Ave, Portage, MI (269) 329-0486

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Ali K

Todd Brown was our DJ. He did a great job of playing the songs we requested, not playing the ones we didn't, and reading the room to see what people wanted to dance to. We stayed on the dance floor all night dancing with our friends and family. Great DJ!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Andrea W

Monte and Wiser productions were simply amazing as the DJ for my daughter and son in laws wedding! We had a very spirited wedding and Monte was terrific to work with. The dance floor was packed all night at the Goei Center until the last song was played. No question we had... Read More the right DJ for our event!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Bonnie S

We used Wiser to book our wedding DJ (Craig) and photobooth (Venture), and both were just absolutely great! Craig did an awesome job for both ceremony and reception.

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Laura M

We came to Wiser unsure of who we wanted for our special day. They helped us find the perfect DJ for us with just a short phone call. Our DJ, Craig Cummingham, knew exactly what we wanted and was wonderful all through the night.

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Theresa P

DJ Scott "Hurricane" Herriman was everything he said he would be and more. We really had no idea just how he would get everyone on the dance floor as promised, but he definitely did! So many people mentioned to us afterwords that our wedding was one of the most fun they'd been... Read More to, and we definitely have Scott to thank. His energy was contagious. Scott showed up on time, was dressed in a nice suit, and had a wonderful set-up complete with TVs that showed music videos. Creating a memorable reception experience where everyone had fun was was well worth the price tag. Thank you so much Wiser Productions and Scott for your amazing work!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Abby K

Andy Carlson was our DJ and he made our reception so much fun! He did a fantastic job. He was easy to communicate with, really listened to our music taste and made some fantastic selections, and really read the room on what people liked/disliked. We got so many compliments from... Read More our guests on how much fun they had. Thank you Andy!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Charissa B

My husband and I used DJ Andy Carlson for our August wedding in Kalamazoo and he was amazing!! He did a great job reading the crowd and was so easy to communicate with.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Tobi G

My husband and I got married on 9-16-16. We used Jon Janssen as our DJ. He made our special day very memorable. Our guests commented on how great he was and how good the music selection was. We highly recommend Jon!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Shannon L

My husband and I got married at the Blue Dress Barn on 9-3-16 and had Andy from Wiser Productions DJ. Andy was incredibly easy to work with. He went above and beyond for us in several ways: playing custom music from my grandfather and uncle during dinner, playing a mashup we... Read More created for the bridal party walking into the reception (with a script of a fun Blue's Brothers-esq intro he read) as well as MC'ing and announcing all the special moments throughout the night. He played a ton of music off the playlist we gave him and nothing off our “do not play” list. He made things go very smoothly. We had no complaints about the music, and the dance floor was lively the whole night! We were very impressed with the quality and couldn’t have asked for a better experience. We would definitely recommend Andy to DJ any of our friend’s weddings.

Amazing DJ

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Sarah L

Tony Sehy was an amazing DJ. He kept the dance floor moving all night and was able to include all of our special details in both the ceremony and reception.

Great DJ

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Jaclyn L

We used Wiser Productions for our wedding. The DJ we had was Tony. He was great. I'm not a huge music buff so he was great at just playing anything and everything. He kept the crowd engaged and even my Dad complimented his DJ skills.

Jon Janssen

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Melissa H

Jon did our ceremony and reception and did a wonderful job

Great DJ for Music Snobs :-)

Reviewed on 6/18/2015 R C

I cannot say enough good things about Craig! My husband and I are both music snobs and didn't want a DJ there to pump up the party. We had a pretty long list of songs that we wanted to have played and a number of do not play songs; which he stuck to perfectly! We wanted a DJ... Read More that basically played music and did some MC'ing when needed; Craig was perfect! We literally filled out the Wiser Productions Music Planner which was emailed directly to Craig, talked to him 2 weeks before the wedding and a few days before because we had some music changes/additions and he made everything work! Craig Cunningham is a great DJ and I highly recommend him to anyone wanting a laid back DJ! Awesome to work with and great at putting out good tunes!

Reviewed on 6/14/2015 Jamie J

My husband Ben and I recently got married on May 24th, 2015 at The Barn at Monterey Valley in Allegan, MI and were lucky enough to have found Scott Herriman from Wiser Productions to DJ our event! Everyone has been to at least one wedding in the past where the DJ stands behind... Read More the table playing song after song without saying a word or realizing that it has been two hours since the first dance and the dance floor remains empty. This was one of my biggest fears when planning our wedding. Little did I know that our wedding would be the exact opposite! From the time of the first dance until the last song of the night our dance floor was packed! Scott was able to choose songs that got everyone on their feet and kept them dancing all night long. Oftentimes Scott was on the dance floor himself teaching people a new dance or getting them excited about a song! He played a perfect variety of songs - some fast and some slow. He was able to play across all genres and all time periods of music to make sure there was something for everyone! He was timely, professional and full of energy all night long! At the end of the night our dance floor was just as full as at the beginning of the night and everyone was sad that the party had to come to an end! In addition to keeping the party rocking all night long Scott was an excellent MC for our entire reception. He kept things running smoothly and made sure that everything was taken care of so that Ben and I could relax, have fun and simply enjoy the party! Wiser Productions and especially Scott Herriman - Ben and I cannot thank you enough for everything you did to make our wedding day one to remember forever! Scott, it was wonderful to have met you and my family and I will be forever grateful. You are incredible!

DJ Guy Voss

Reviewed on 1/08/2015 Kathleen T

I had DJ Guy Voss for my wedding on NYE and he made the night absolutely perfect. We communicated mostly over e-mail due to me being an out of state bride, but that didn't hinder the experience at all. I gave him a list of some songs we wanted and he did a splendid job of... Read More combining older songs and top hits to get everyone on their feet and dancing. He also provided the photo booth which was a HUGE hit! My guests are still talking about the great time they had and all the silly pictures they took. I would recommend Guy for anyone who needs a DJ for their wedding!

Fantastic DJ

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Michelle O

We used DJ Jon Janssen for our September wedding and couldn't be happier at how it all turned out. We had been slightly concerned with how our reception was going to turn out because we had a large variety of people coming. But Jon erased all those concerns. Everyone from our... Read More college age friends to our grandparents were on the dance floor all night. I can honestly say I don't think i've been at another wedding where the dancefloor was that full all night. He played a great mix of music from multiple genre's and got the specific song choices we wanted in there as well. When a couple of guests were requesting songs if it was slightly questionable he would find myself or my now husband and find out if that was something we wanted played. He also did the music for our outdoor ceremony and provided a mic for that as well. All setup was handled ahead of time and the sound quality for both indoors and out was wonderful. Their price was also better than some of the competitors, and they were extremely easy to work with. We filled out a couple of worksheets with our preferences and schedule, and then about a week before we met with Jon to iron out all the details. He was more than happy to offer advice on how to make things run smoother, and after our reception I'd say that he knew what he was talking about. I highly recommend Wiser Productions and Jon for any couple looking to have a rocking dancefloor alllll night!

Jim is FANTASTIC

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Shannon

My now-husband had seen Jim work at other weddings, and was adamant we use him. He kept everyone dancing and was a great showman. It was definitely the best choice, Jim and Wiser Productions were very great to work with. We are still receiving compliments (almost a month later)... Read More on how awesome the DJ was!

Guy Voss was great!

Reviewed on 8/25/2014 Emily R

We used Guy Voss because he was recommended by our venue and he did a wonderful job! We would likely not have been able to afford him if we had gotten married on a Saturday rather than a Friday, but he provides a great service and is worth the money. He kept people on the dance... Read More floor for the entire night and handled the reception timing very smoothly. He is obviously very experienced, and I highly recommend him.

So many DJs to choose from!

Reviewed on 5/27/2014 Jennifer U

Many DJs at a variety of prices! We chose Tony Sehy and he did not disappoint!

Great entertainment

Reviewed on 12/21/2013 Autumn S

The DJ we had through wiser productions was amazing! We had a small wedding of 45 guests and he kept them entertained from the ceremony with the music I picked out all the way through our last dance! Our last dance was our firstdance as Bride and Groom, the only difference was... Read More he had all of our guests make a big circle around us and hold hands! It was amazing! It was like we were getting a final blessing by our loved ones! :)

Scott Herriman - Go big or go home

Reviewed on 11/10/2013 Lacey J

I am still getting compliments on Scott DJ'ing our wedding. He kept the crazy schedule get back on track and kept our party going! I only gave him a small list of music to give him an idea of the style of music we wanted and he nailed it! People who I have never seen dance... Read More since knowing them were on that dance floor. I know nothing of the other DJs at Wiser but can assure you that Scott is worth the extra money! Oh and I'd like to recognize Curt for his excellent service. He is a breeze to work with!

Loved the personal touch

Reviewed on 10/16/2013 Jessica C

We used Jon Janssen as our wedding disc jockey for our September wedding. He had great and unique ideas and played music everyone loved. He got the guests involved and made it more personal than business. The only thing we had, and I did not know until after the wedding, my maid... Read More of honor had requested a few songs he wouldn't play. She told me what they were and they were good songs without inappropriate words (we had kids there) so I could not see a reason to not play them. But the songs he did play were fun and had people out on the floor. Everyone loved how involved he got.

Guy Voss is AMAZING

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Jackie W

Guy was recommended by my photographer, and two friends who had used him for their weddings. I could not have picked a better DJ. We sent him a list of our favorite songs and he played most of them and included other songs along the same lines. He also stuck to our 'do not... Read More play' list. He is not a 'showy' DJ, he does not promote himself, just keeps the party going in a subtle, non-annoying way. LOVED him and his company, Wiser Productions. Go with them, you will not be let down =)

Craig Cunningham is the wedding DJ to have!

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Shelby C

We hired Craig Cunningham for our outdoor wedding reception for 350 people and we were so pleased with his performance! He handled the big crowd so well and kept the dance floor packed all night!

dj

Reviewed on 6/09/2013 terra d

awesome!! very happy with my dj scott.