Priscilla of Boston Closes After 65 Years
David's Bridal has announced that they are shutting down their Priscilla of Boston labels (which include wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses by Priscilla of Boston, Platinum for Priscilla of Boston, Melissa Sweet, Reverie, Jewel and Vineyard Collection) on December 31, 2011. Wearing a Priscilla of Boston wedding dress or bridesmaid dress? Here's what you need to know.
by Anja Winikka
Priscilla of Boston Closing Details...
- All 19 Priscilla of Boston salons will close on December 31, 2011.
- If you already ordered a Priscilla of Boston dress, your order will still be fulfilled and you'll get your dress.
- If the plan was to pick up your dress on or before December 31, 2011, that date is still valid. If you weren't scheduled to get your dress until after the date, your salon consultant can give you an updated delivery date.
- The same goes for alterations, veils and accessories. Your order will be fulfilled and the delivery date will be on or before December 31, 2011. If you haven't yet scheduled alterations, however, your Priscilla of Boston salon consultant should be able to provide you with a list of reputable vendors who provide that service.
- You may or may not be able to cancel your dress order and get a refund. It depends on how far away they are from the delivery date. Your best bet is to call the salon and talk with your consultant.
- The last day you can order a dress is August 31, 2011.
- If some of your bridesmaids have already placed their orders but others have not, they'll have until September 12, 2011 to do so.
- Priscilla of Boston stores will host closing sales on their floor samples closer to their closing date of December 31, 2011.
- If you have a question about your order, first call the salon where you placed it. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org and discuss your concerns with the corporate customer service team.
Find more info on Priscilla of Boston's online FAQ page.