54 Questions to Ask Your Husband to Turn Up the Volume on Intimacy
Here's the thing about connecting with our partners: It takes real, genuine work. Sure, cozying up on the TV with cheesy slices of pepperoni pizza while watching TV is a great way to spend some downtime—but you've gotta spice it up sometimes. These questions to ask your husband are the perfect way to break up the same-old while fostering some space for intimacy.
Some of the Qs are deep and hard-hitting. (You might just be on the edge of your seat waiting for his reply!) Others are a bit more lighthearted in nature, and some may even capture and spark some sexy romance. Also worthy of note: These questions to ask your husband can help elevate date night, or can serve as a way to spend time waiting for your reservation oron a road trip. You can even pluck one or two to text him right now!
Below find 54 of the best questions to ask your husband, no matter the occasion.
In this article:
Fun Questions to Ask Your Husband
Let's start with some lighthearted and fun questions to ask your husband. These are low-key icebreakers that'll keep things breezy—but they can also act as a nice entry point into the deeper questions on this list.
- What's memory you have where you couldn't stop laughing—but really shouldn't have been laughing in the first place?
- What are the best and worst movies you've ever seen?
- How would you describe your high school self?
- If you had $1000 to spend on a vacation that left tomorrow, where would you go?
- What's the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for you?
- What's the cringiest memory you have from high school?
- If a genie could grant you three wishes, what would they be?
- What was your "type" when dating, and do I fit that type?
- What was your biggest win of the day?
Romantic Questions to Ask Your Husband
We love a chance to stir up some romance—and asking the right questions is the perfect way to do exactly that. Don't be afraid to lean into the cheesiness with these romantic questions to ask your husband. (This is your forever partner, after all!)
- What song best captures the essence of our relationship?
- What was your first impression of me when we met?
- What are the things you appreciate most about me and our relationship?
- How would you describe the perfect date night?
- What makes you feel the most loved by me?
- What qualities do you see in me that make you think I'm special?
- What's your best memory of our time together so far?
- What dream do you have for our relationship as we get older?
- Which love story throughout history (fiction or nonfiction) is your favorite?
Deep Questions to Ask Your Husband
If you're in the mood to get real and serious, fire up these deep questions to ask your husband, giving them time to answer. To help foster intimacy, you can answer the questions, too.
- What's a recent accomplishment you're particularly proud of?
- Who's your biggest hero?
- What's something you wish you could tell your 16-year-old self?
- How often do you think about your own mortality?
- What is something about yourself that you love?
- What's something that you wish you were better at?
- What a piece of advice that really resonated with you?
- If you could stay the same age forever what age would you choose and why?
- What book has stuck with you ever since you read it?
Sexy Questions to Ask Your Husband
In a sensual sort of mood? Light the candles and pour each of you a glass of something nice, then dive into these very sexy questions to ask your husband. These convo-starters might just lead to something steamy.
- What's something I could do in the bedroom that I've never done before to really light your fire?
- Which part of your body is the most sensitive?
- What role-playing scenario would turn you on the most?
- What were you thinking the first time we had sex?
- If we could have sex anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
- Do you have a sexual fetish you've never told me about?
- What "non-sexual" thing turns you on?
- How would you describe the perfect foreplay?
- What's been your favorite sexual experience with me?
Serious Questions to Ask Your Husband
Get right on down to business by whipping out these serious questions to ask your husband. These are a bit different from the "deep" category in that they jump right into the nitty gritty, versus being more open-ended and contemplative.
- How can I show more appreciation for you?
- How do you envision spending your/our retirement?
- How would you describe your childhood?
- When you're stressed out, what's the number one thing that helps?
- What's your biggest regret and biggest accomplishment so far in life?
- What do you wish you could tell your parents?
- Are you happy with the career path you chose? Why or why not?
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
- What is your biggest fear about getting older?
Random Questions to Ask Your Husband
Get silly with these out-of-the-blue, seriously random questions to ask your husband. This category holds no bounds, and the answers you get might just lead to some hearty belly laughs.
- What's the wildest or weirdest dream you've ever had about me?
- Would you still love me if I was a worm?
- So how often do you really think about the Roman Empire?
- Who would you pick to play me and you in a movie about our lives?
- What awkward fashion trend did you embrace whole-heartedly?
- If you had to deliver a 30-minute speech on a specific topic, what would it be?
- What's your super secret behavior you do when I'm not home?
- What's a hidden skill you have that people don't know about?
- If you had to eat the same meal for the rest of your life, what would you choose?