Say "I Love You" with 124 Love Quotes for Him
If you're struggling to find the right words to express your love to the man in your life—be it your boyfriend, fiancé or husband—take inspiration from these romantic love quotes for him to feel appreciated and cherished by you. To really speak to his heart, you'll want to choose words that convey your feelings without going overboard and making him feel uncomfortable. We've rounded up the best love quotes found in poetry, books, movies and song lyrics to help you choose just the right tone and sentiment for the moment.
In addition to special occasions like a birthday, Valentine's Day or your wedding day, there are lots of ways to incorporate love quotes into your daily life. Wake him up to a cute good morning love quote written on the bathroom mirror, scribble a funny note to put in his lunchbox, or whisper it in his ear while you dance on your wedding night.
From short and sweet love quotes to longer prose and poems, we've categorized this list of love quotes to make it easy for you to find the perfect one.
Love Quotes for Him in This Article:
I Love You Quotes for Him
If you're in the habit of saying "I love you" to your partner, surprise him by enhancing the phrase with additional words and meaning. When you're ready to say those three little words to your guy, opt for one of these "I love you" quotes—trust us, he'll enjoy it more than you'd think!
1. "I love you and I like you" – Parks & Recreation
2. "I love you very much, probably more than anybody could love another person." – 50 First Dates
3. "I love you."
"I know." – Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back
4. "But I love you. I'm totally and completely in love with you, and I don't care if you think it's too late. I'm telling you anyway." – No Strings Attached
5. "Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you.'" – Erich Fromm
6. "I love you… I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope and every dream I've ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, every day we are together is the greatest day of my life." – The Notebook
7. "If I tell you I love you, can I keep you forever?" – Casper
8. "I promise to love you forever; every single day of forever." – Stephenie Meyer, Twilight #3 - Eclipse
9. "I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so I love you because I know no other way
than this: where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep." – Pablo Neruda, "Love Sonnett XVII"
Cute love quotes are your go-to if you want to share your feelings with your man while keeping things light. They're endearing, clever and sure to make him smile.
10. "I just wanna go over there and kiss him. How can I kiss him without letting him know that I like him?" – Friends
11. "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." – Dr. Seuss
12. We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love." – Robert Fulghum, True Love
13. "Love is quivering happiness." – Khalil Gibran, Love Letters in the Sand: The Love Poems of Khalil Gibran
14. "As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once." – John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
15. "I wish I knew how to quit you." – Brokeback Mountain
16. "To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with." – Mark Twain
17. "I wanted it to be you, I wanted it to be you so badly." – You've Got Mail
If you're approaching your wedding day or moving in together, you're probably feeling ready to take your bond to the next level. A great way to do that is to write your sentiments down using any one of these romantic quotes that speak straight from the heart. Love quotes are a great way to turn your feelings into art too, so consider framing one of these beautiful love quotes for him.
18. "In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine." – Maya Angelou
19. "What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined for life... to strengthen each other... to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories." – George Eliot, Adam Bede
20. "Love is the answer, and you know that for sure/Love is a flower, you've got to let it grow." – John Lennon, "Mind Games" lyrics
21. "I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone." – J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
22. "But you've slipped under my skin, invaded my blood and seized my heart." – Maria V. Snyder, Poison Study
23. "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love never suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." – Gandhi
24. "Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired." – Robert Frost
25. "The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart." – Helen Keller
26. "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you." – A.A. Milne
Do you catch yourself sending your man a text when you think of him? Surprise him with one of these funny love quotes. You'll give him a good laugh and brighten his day (he may even have to check that it's really from you!).
27. "I've fallen in love. I'm an ordinary woman. I didn't think such violent things could happen to ordinary people." – Brief Encounter
28. "Love, I've come to understand, is more than three words mumbled before bedtime." – Nicholas Sparks, The Wedding
29. "Love is being stupid together." – Paul Valéry
30. "You can't blame gravity for falling in love." – Albert Einstein
31. "Come live in my heart and pay no rent." – Samuel Lover
32. "I love being married. It's so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." — Rita Rudner
33. "Love is telling someone their hair extensions are showing." — Natasha Leggero
34. "Love is something eternal, the aspect may change, but not the essence." – Vincent Van Gogh
35. "Love is sharing your popcorn." – Charles Schultz
36. "I love you no matter what you do, but do you have to do so much of it?" – Jean Illsley Clarke
Keeping your love quotes for him short and sweet is your best bet if you want to get—and keep—his attention. Short love quotes are also perfect to use as part of a super-unique DIY birthday or Valentine's day gift.
37. "At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet." – Plato
38. "I love you and that's the beginning and end of everything." – F. Scott Fitzgerald
39. "If music be the food of love, play on." – William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night
40. "I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her" – Notting Hill
41. "I am in you and you in me, mutual in divine love." – William Blake
42. "You had me at hello." – Jerry Maguire
43. "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." – Aristotle
44. "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other." – Audrey Hepburn
45. "When I look at you, I can feel it. I look at you and I'm home." – Finding Nemo
46. "There is no remedy for love but to love more." - Henry David Thoreau
47."Love is a choice you make from moment to moment." – Barbara De Angelis
48."If I know what love is, it is because of you." – Hermann Hesse
49. "Who are wise in love, love most, say least." – Alfred Tennyson
50. "You are my heart, my life, my one and only thought." – Arthur Conan Doyle
51. "You are all of my today and all of my tomorrows." – Leo Christopher
Surprise your sweetie with a sweet love quote that will show him how much he means to you. Whether you write one of these love quotes in a card or present it to him on a mug for his morning coffee, he's sure to love you for it.
52. "I'm happiest when I'm being myself and I'm myself when I'm with you." – What's Your Number?
53. "Three words. Eight letters. Say it, and I'm yours." – Gossip Girl
54. "Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." – Emily Brontë, Wuthering Heights
55. "They invented hugs to let people know you love them without saying anything." – Bil Keane
56. "You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not." – Jodi Picoult, My Sister's Keeper
57. "The secret of a happy marriage is finding the right person. You know they're right if you love to be with them all the time." – Julia Child
58. "You're the first boy I ever kissed… and I want you to be the last" – Sweet Home Alabama
59. "Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile." – Franklin P. Jones
60. "We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly." – Sam Keen, To Love and Be Loved
61. "How lucky am I to have someone who makes saying goodbye so hard." – A.A. Milne
62. "I love that you are my person and I am yours, that whatever door we come to, we will open it together." – A.R. Asher
Looking to put your man in the mood? Sexy love quotes for him to get aroused are just the thing. Love-making quotes allude to the act without explicitly saying it, while sexy love quotes mention sex more explicitly while still keeping it classy.
63. "I wanna be on you." – Anchorman
64. "You can have me anywhere." – Casino Royale
65. "I have a crush on your mind. I fell for your personality. Your looks are just a bonus." – The Notebook
66. "My soul made love to your soul
long before our bodies met.
When I first laid my eyes on you,
I recognized you.
You held my future in your hands."
– Anita Krizzan
67. "I gasp, and I'm Eve in the Garden of Eden, and he's the serpent, and I cannot resist." – E.L. James, Fifty Shades of Grey
68. "I desire to be with you. I miss you. I feel lonely when I can't see you. I am obsessed with you, fascinated by you, infatuated with you. I hunger for your taste, your smell, the feel of your soul touching mine." – Jack Llawayllyn, Indulgence
69. "Take off your clothes. Show me. Show me your edges. I want to see with my own eyes where you end and where I begin. I want to see where I fit, where you leave off being you and turn into me." – Peregrine
70. "He was now in that state of fire that she loved. She wanted to be burnt." – Anais Nin
71. "I love gazing in your eyes and my favorite place in the world is lying in your arms." – Unknown
As the saying goes, "true love has a habit of coming back." When you've found someone who keeps you coming back, you can be sure it's true love. Get your man on the same page and let him know how you're feel by writing down one of these true love quotes for him.
72. "Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own." – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
73. "Most of my life I felt alone, even when I was with people. That was until I met you." – Pretty Little Liars
74. "I love our story. Sure it's messy, but it's the story that got us here." – How I Met Your Mother
75. "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person." –Mignon McLaughlin
76. "Sometimes I can't see myself when I'm with you. I can only just see you." – Jodi Lynn Anderson
77. "There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment." – Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever
78. "Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope." – Maya Angelou
79. "True love stories never have endings." – Richard Bach
80. "The greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance." – Brian Tracy
81. "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person." – E. Leventhal
82. "Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses." – Ann Landers
83. "The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That's what I hope to give you forever." – Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
84. "Love grows by giving. The love we give away is the only love we keep. The only way to retain love is to give it away." – Elbert Hubbard
85. "Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction." – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Airman's Odyssey
86. "I saw that you were perfect and I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more." – Angelita Lim
87. "The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space." – Marilyn Monroe
88. "It was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together… and I knew it." – Sleepless In Seattle
89. "I come here with no expectations, only to profess, now that I am at liberty to do so, that my heart is and always will be...yours." – Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility
Maybe you've chosen a life partner with a philosophical side. Let's be honest, that's kinda sexy. Speak to his inner feelings with one of these deep love quotes.
90. "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." – Lao Tzu
91. "The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind I was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along." – Rumi
92. "There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love." – Bryant H. McGill
93. "Love, it never dies. It never goes away, it never fades, so long as you hang on to it. Love can make you immortal." – If I Stay
94. "You're the moon of my life, that's all I know and all I need to know and if this is a dream I will kill the man who tries to wake me." – Game of Thrones
95. "Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone—we find it with another." – Thomas Merton
96. "Through Love all that is bitter will be sweet, Through Love all that is copper will be gold, Through Love all dregs will become wine, through Love all pain will turn to medicine." – Rumi
97. "Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other." – Dalai Lama XIV
98. "Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own." – Robert A. Heinlein
Country crooners pretty much have the love thing down pat. Put your quote needs in their hands and you won't be disappointed. These love quotes come from some of the best country songs of all time.
99. "It's your love
It just does something to me
It sends a shock right through me
I can't get enough
And if you wonder
About the spell I'm under
Oh it's your love"
– Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, "Your Love" lyrics
100. "And I don't mind if we take our time 'cause I'm all yours if you're all mine." – Defeater, "I Don't Mind" lyrics
101. "If I told you that I realized you're all I ever wanted
And it's killing me to be so far away
Would you tell me that you love me too."
– Carrie Underwood and Randy Travis, "I Told You So" lyrics
102. "Without you there'd be no sun in my sky
There would be no love in my life
There'd be no world left for me
And I, baby I don't know what I would do"
– Trisha Yearwood, "How Do I Live" lyrics
103. "Could I have this dance for the rest of my life?/Would you be my partner every night?" – Anne Murray, "Could I Have This Dance" lyrics
104. "My heart's never smiled so hard
Baby, lovin' you is fun."
– Easton Corbin, "Lovin' You is Fun" lyrics
105. "You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life."
– Shania Twain, "You're Still the One" lyrics
106. "I wanna feel that way
Yeah, I wanna hold you close
Oh, if you still love me/I wanna feel that way
Don't just assume I know
Baby, remind me, remind me"
– Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley, "Remind Me" lyrics
If you've opted to write your own vows for your wedding ceremony, consider incorporating one of these long love quotes for him as part of your I Do's. It'll add a fun twist and help you figure out exactly what you want to say.
Bonus: If you're looking for the perfect quote to put in your wedding vows, take a look at these 10 real wedding vow examples for a little inspiration.
107. "Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is essential to a Jedi's life. So you might say that we are encouraged to love." – Star Wars: Episode II –Attack of the Clones
108. "I don't need a lot of things
I can get by with nothing
Of all the blessings life can bring
I've always needed something
But I've got all I want
When it comes to loving you
You're my only reason
You're my only truth."
– Leann Rimes, "I Need You" lyrics
109. "Now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story no one on Earth has ever read; which goes on forever: in which every chapter is better than the one before." – C.S. Lewis, The Last Battle
110. "I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I saw, I'm scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you." – Dirty Dancing
111. "Nobody can predict the future. You just have to give your all to the relationship you're in and do your best to take care of your partner, communicate and give them every last drop of love you have. I think one of the most important things in a relationship is caring for your significant other through good times and bad." – Nick Cannon
112. "People think a soulmate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soulmate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life." – Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
113. "But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls." – Khalil Gibran, The Prophet
114. "I hate the way you're always right. I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I hate it when you're not around, and the fact that you didn't call. But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all." – 10 Things I Hate About You
115. "Through my love for you, I want to express my love for the whole cosmos, the whole of humanity, and all beings. By living with you, I want to learn to love everyone and all species. If I succeed in loving you, I will be able to love everyone and all species on Earth. This is the real message of love." – Thich Nhat Hanh
One of the times your man needs you most is when his feet are to the fire in other areas of life, like work or school. Show him you're standing by his side to support him through life's difficulties by surprising him with an inspirational love quote.
116. "Infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen... yourself, right now, right down here on Earth." – Bradley Whitford
117. "Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable." – Bruce Lee
118. "Listen to me, Mister. You're my knight in shining armor. Don't you forget it. You're going to get back on that horse, and I'm going to be right behind you, holding on tight, and away we're gonna go, go go!" – On Golden Pond
119. "The more one does and sees and feels, the more one is able to do, and the more genuine may be one's appreciation of fundamental things like home, and love, and understanding companionship." – Amelia Earhart
120. "Loyalty and devotion lead to bravery. Bravery leads to the spirit of self-sacrifice. The spirit of self-sacrifice creates trust in the power of love." – Morihei Ueshiba
121. "I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love." – Mother Teresa
122. "The source of love is deep in us and we can help others realize a lot of happiness. One word, one action, one thought can reduce another person's suffering and bring that person joy." – Thich Nhat Hanh
123. "The more you are motivated by love, the more fearless and free your action will be." – Dalai Lama XIV
124. "One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life. That word is love!" – Sophocles
Diane Hall contributed to the reporting of this article.