Exceptional service. Unforgettable experience.

Altar Bridal was created for brides who want to shop for fresh and fashionable bridal gowns in a personal and relaxed atmosphere. Altar Bridal offers designer wedding gowns, rehearsal and reception dresses, bridesmaid dresses, and accessories.

Flower Girl Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Custom Designs

5220 West 116th Place, Leawood, KS (913) 451-4696

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Chesney A

Altar Bridal was maybe one of my favorite parts of the entire wedding planning process. I'm pretty petite, and Sara was AMAZING at pinning/clipping dresses to fit my body so I didn't have to guess what a dress in my size would actually look like. MUCH better than anywhere else... Read More that I went to dress shop. But even beyond just going there to dress shop, Sara and the staff were great at keeping in touch with updates on my dress and accessories, when things would be in, answering questions I had about style, care, preservation, etc. Could not have imagined a better group to work with for all things wedding dress!

2017-02-07T13:41:49 Response from the vendor

Chesney- thank you so much for appreciating what we do here! I am beyond pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your experience as an Altar Bride. Plus it's tough being so petite when these gowns are so long! I'm so happy that we could... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Megan S

Working with Altar Bridal was a highlight of my entire planning process. I met Dede and Sara through the 5K Wedding Run, and from that experience I knew they were amazing to work with, professional, enthusiastic, detailed, creative and incredibly supportive. After seeing the... Read More gowns at the post-race bridal expo fashion show, I knew that this is where I wanted to find my dream dress- and I did! Sara made our shopping experience so personal and fun. She is the best person you could have helping you with this big decision! My mom and MOH also loved having her there to help. After I found my dress, Sara even stayed past closing to give us a chance to celebrate. Dede and Sara are exceptionally organized and had great communication through our engagement process, so we never had to worry about anything. The alterations contact they referred us to did a fantastic job. I got my veil and jewelry through Altar Bridal as well, which was so perfect with the dress thanks to Sara’s help (I had no idea where to even start). When my mom and I went to pick up everything a few days before the wedding, it was really fun getting to share our excitement (and many emotions) with Sara. Everything was very personal and everything about our experience with Altar was truly above and beyond. I wondered if I would feel like a “bride” on my wedding day, and because of how much I loved my dress, veil and jewelry from Altar, I really did!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Nichole C

Wonderful shop. They made the whole process easy. There was potential smoke damage to the dress due to a fire near the alterations shop. Even though the fire was out of their hands, they called to update me on the status constantly and worked hard to fix it. In the end, I... Read More never knew the difference. Thanks so much!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Jolene S

This was the first store I went to when trying on wedding dresses and Gail truly made my experience wonderful! She was extremely kind and helped me try on lots of different styles to determine what I liked and disliked. She was also very respectful of my budget and I didn't feel... Read More pressured at any time. I didn't end up getting my dress here, but I would highly recommend it to any future brides.

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Brianne L

I felt that my party and I were treated very disrespectfully. They hardly put any thought into what I told them I liked, because when they asked if I had found a dress yet that I might like and I told them "yes but I wasn't sold", it was like they could care less to help me find... Read More something better. I felt their attitude while helping me was completely fake. They got mad at my mom for touching the gowns and took offense when I didn't like something. People in my party felt that all the staff in the store hovered over us like we were criminals.

2017-04-21T12:19:41 Response from the vendor

I’ve spent the last week thinking about your review. As business owners, we have to step back and try not to take harsh reviews personally, and instead, take them as opportunities to improve our business. However, after giving this review much thought and studying the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Erica S

I had an awful experience here. The shop is located in a great area and looks beautiful on the inside. However, the shop is really small and the lady that helped me did not listen to anything I said. I told her I wanted an A-line, sparkly dress and she brought me everything but... Read More that. It was like she intentionally brought me everything that I said I didn't want. She brought me awful dress after awful dress. Then at one point she brought me in a two piece dress. As a bride I would never wear a two piece on my wedding day. Young girls wear two pieces at prom. I told her 3 times I did not want to try it on but she insisted and then left me in it and went and started looking at other dresses. It was just such an awful experience. After an hour my mother and aunt were so mortified of what an awful job she was doing and they could clearly see how upset I was went and asked to pick out a few dresses for me and they were ok. However, by that time I was over it and left. Save yourself the time and do not schedule an appointment here.

2017-04-13T13:48:50 Response from the vendor

We LOVE being a smaller shop but because of that we certainly don't have every bride's gown. It seems in this case we just didn't have exactly what you were looking for - which understandably can make an appointment less enjoyable vs. one where you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Eiselie S

The girls that I had the pleasure of meeting here were so sweet, caring and helpful. I will tell every girl I know who hasn't had a dress fitting that they need to give this salon a try. The girl and I looked at a few of my pinterest pictures that I had saved and they picked... Read More out 10 GORGEOUS gowns that got to laugh and cry and celebrate over. I feel that they helped me hit the nail on the head of exactly what I wanted for my fairy tale winter wedding.

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Bridget M

Of all the shops where I tried dresses on, Altar Bridal was my best experience. I did not end up getting my dress from here, but I wanted to write a review to say it was such a great experience and any bride should go! Sara was great to work with, she made everything easy and... Read More smooth. I found something that fit my style just a little bit better elsewhere, but honestly this was the best shopping experience overall. It is worth stopping by, even if you don't find THE dress there. Many thanks for all of your help, I really appreciate it!

2017-02-07T13:46:32 Response from the vendor

We are happy to hear that you found a gorgeous gown that was everything you were looking for. Thank you so much for taking the time to share a little about your experience with other brides. Best of luck with your planning!

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Kristina D

Sara was amazing! She helped me find the perfect gown and was excellent at helping my mom get on board with my dress vision (not a stark white dress). She also has great ideas for how to minimally alter gowns to make them fit what I was looking for. We also were very pleased... Read More recommendations for tailor/seamstress and dress cleaners for after the wedding. Lastly- Altar has a b-e-a-utiful selection of gowns! So unique and classic and the quality is outstanding and so very dreamy!

2017-02-07T13:52:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Kristina! We hope your day was so perfect. You wore such a gorgeous, unique gown and I had such a great time helping you throughout the process. We can't wait to see some of your photos. Wishing you all the best.

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Megan N

The ladies at Altar Bridal were wonderful to work with. This was the first place I went to look at dresses and ended up being the only place I needed to go! I went to try on one specific dress and Meredith was wonderful choosing other similar gowns for me to try on also. She... Read More definitely understood my style and the look I was going for. I would highly recommend Altar bridal, they made a process that seemed overwhelming to me very simple!

2017-02-07T13:57:00 Response from the vendor

Megan your vision was so unique and we were so happy to play a small role in your day. The photos we have seen are gorgeous and we can't wait to see more. Congratulations!

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Susan P

Altar Bridal was a joy to work with! As a plus-size bride I was nervous about shopping for a wedding dress, but Sara made me feel so comfortable and -- dare I say it -- even beautiful! She was so supportive of my vision for my dress and made everything happen for me. I cannot... Read More recommend Altar highly enough!

2017-02-07T14:02:08 Response from the vendor

You were so sweet to work with Madeleine! You came in knowing what you were after- I was just the lucky one to get to help you put together the perfect look (and thanks to Stephanie James who could customize your dress.)You looked absolutely gorgeous... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Kelly H

Altar Bridal was amazing! They were so nice and friendly every time I worked with them! They kept me up to date and stayed in touch every step of the way from my first fitting through after the wedding day! Working with Altar was so easy and stress-free and I loved my dress!!

2017-01-06T11:09:41 Response from the vendor

We are so happy for you and hope you had the best time wearing your gorgeous gown. Thank you so much for being such a great bride to work with. We wish you all the best!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Lindy B

My experience with Altar Bridal was perfect! They have the most beautiful and unique dresses around! I live 2 hours away from the store, however, they made the entire process so easy and worry-free. Great staff!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Jeri S

From the moment I went in Altar to meet with Meredith and the Altar team, I felt so comfortable and knew they would find the perfect dress. They were wonderful to work with and listened to my vision of how I wanted to look on my wedding day instead of some other places where... Read More they tried to push me into a dress they thought was best. Not only did they help me find my dream dress, but they were wonderful consulting though my alterations and getting everything taken care to ensure it was perfect. Thank you Altar Bridal, especially Meredith and Sara you were amazing to work with!

2016-12-15T14:00:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We had such a great time getting to take care of you and we loved your look so much- don't forget to send us some photos. Congratulations!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Rachel H

Altar Bridal the employees who work there are FABULOUS!! Last October I was in town for a few days visiting my family and wanted to find a dress for my October wedding this year. I had made an appointment at Bella Bridesmaids next door, thinking that they had wedding dresses.... Read More When we got there, they told us they only had bridesmaids dresses (we ended up getting our bridesmaids dresses from them in the end). My mom and I walked into Altar, which is next door to Bella Bridesmaids, and they saw us without a appointment! Sara greeted us and listened to the style I had in mind. She brought 4-5 dresses into the room and I started trying them on. I ended up finding my dress and we came back later in the afternoon with my sister to say "yes to the dress." Sara was so sweet and accommodating. I couldn't have asked for a better experience when it came to shopping for my wedding dress. Altar Bridal was really great throughout the entire process. They shipped my dress when it arrived in Kansas to where I live outside of Philadelphia. They let me know when it was going to ship and checked in later to make sure I had gotten it. They even left a hand written note for me in the garment bag. They also made sure I was able to find an alterations place near me. This store and everyone who works there knows how to provide outstanding customer service. I was so happy with them, and my dress was absolutely beautiful!!! I got so many compliments the day of my wedding on the dress. Thank you, thank you, thank you Altar Bridal for everything!

2016-12-15T14:09:44 Response from the vendor

You are so kind! We loved getting the opportunity to assist you during such a special time even if we only had you in the store for a little. We would love to see some photos if you have gotten them back. Cheers!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Andrea Y

I can't speak highly enough of Altar Bridal. On the day I was scheduled to look for dresses, I had appointments at several salons. I had sent Pinterest boards of styles I liked to each to see if they could pre-pull anything, and Altar was the only one that delivered. When I... Read More arrived, they had dresses chosen for me based on my style, including the one I eventually purchased. While all the other appointments ended in tears and confusion, Sara and Meredith understood exactly what I wanted. Once the dress was purchased, they were with me every step of the way, always checking up in with me about next steps and answering my questions with genuine care. I love Altar Bridal!

2016-12-15T14:12:27 Response from the vendor

Congratulations Andrea! Thank you so much for leaving us such a nice review. You made our jobs easy by being so great and sweet and we can't wait to see some more photos of you in your gorgeous dress.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Libby H

Meredith was awesome to work with. She took the time to listen and understand what my vision was for my dress, and helped me find the perfect dress. The store has a very intimate setting, which aids in the overall feeling that the people there truly care about you and what you... Read More want for your special day. I never once felt pressure to buy. Highly recommend!!!

2016-12-15T15:04:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We can't wait for you to see YOUR gown again soon. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist in the meantime. Happy Planning!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Carolyn K

I wish I could get married once a year so I could buy wedding dresses from them all the time! I had a wonderful experience at Altar Bridal, and you cannot find a better place to say yes to the dress! I met with Sarah, who was super kind and an absolute delight to work with.... Read More Within my first consultation she had selected a handful of dresses, based on my description of my dream dress. She did a great job listening to what I had envisioned, and I had a great selection for the first consultation. It's almost hard to imagine a dress on you, especially after having spent God knows how many hours on pinterest! But within the first meeting, I had a great selection of gowns to choose and compare. The dress I tried on in the first consultation was the one, although I wasn't 100% sure when I first tried it on. Sarah assured me that since I was almost a year out from my wedding that I had time to reflect on it. She wasn't trying to get me to buy something right away, or to get a sale like a lot of consultants do. I came back for a second consultation where I revisited that dress, among others. I was able to to come to the conclusion on my own that the dress I had tried on was "the one." I couldn't have made that decision without Sarah. Sarah was very kind and very thoughtful throughout the process. She guided me through all the possible options and discussed alterations with each dress. She is very good about listening to what you like so that you can find the dress that you will love forever and smile over when you look at your photos. The whole time I was there, I felt very well taken care of. Dress shopping can be overwhelming, and Sarah took great care of me in those consultations. I found the dress I said yes to, and could not be more thrilled! Dress shopping can be exhausting, but I was amazed with how effortlessly Altar Bridal takes care of their brides. The store is gorgeous, and they have a great selection of dresses, and a wonderful staff who takes care of you. I'll definitely be back again to check out those cute little flower girl dresses I saw, and I'm definitely directing my girlfriend's their way! As a bride-to-be, planning a wedding can be chaos and stressful. Treat yourself to Altar Bridal!

2016-10-13T12:57:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for all of your kind words and a huge congratulations on finding your perfect gown! We are so excited to be a part of your big day and continue to see all of your wedding day details come together. Happy planning!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Sarah D

I could not have asked for a better experience finding my wedding gown! Altar Bridal has a gorgeous selection of gowns and their staff are knowledgeable and friendly. The highlight of my experience with Altar was their owner, Dede. She made me feel like the most beautiful... Read More bride-to-be she'd ever seen when I first visited her store. I had certain details I was looking for - lace, keyhole back, not strapless. Dede didn't even miss a beat - she said, 'I have the perfect dress for you, but let's try on a few others first, just to be sure.' I tried on a few, that were beautiful but just not 'the one', before finally trying on the Augusta Jones that she had in mind. It was everything I was looking for and more! She knew my vision down to the smallest details. When I went in the week of my wedding to pick up my gown, the excitement she showed me was like that I'd expect from an old friend! She is a beautiful person inside and out. Altar was easy to work with every step of the way, helping me make some custom alterations to the gown and then referring me to a top notch tailor for my final fittings. In the end, my gown was absolutely perfect. Thank you Dede, and all your wonderful gals at Altar, for making my experience even better than I could have hoped for, and for making me feel like a showstopper on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Gretchen R

Can't even rate this store, because the salesperson (Sara) wouldn't allow me to try on a dress because closing time was coming up in 45 minutes. This was my first experience dress shopping, and we had even discussed coming in to try dresses on last-minute before I drove 45... Read More minutes to Altar Bridal. The store was completely empty, and her rationale was that she'd have to answer the phone if anyone called... Although the dresses there are beautiful, the care I received there was a major disappointment!

2016-10-11T14:04:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback Gretchen. We are certainly sorry that you did not feel cared for. Please know our inability to accommodate a last minute appointment at the end of our business day was not meant to offend you in any way, but instead... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Katharine W

Altar bridal had the perfect dress for me. I received so many emphatic compliments on the dress throughout the day and night of my wedding. Beyond the beautiful Augusta Jones gown and Sara Gabriel accessory I found at Altar, the Altar staff has been so helpful throughout the... Read More entire wedding planning process. I first went to Altar Bridal because they were having a sample sale. I had a vague idea of what I wanted; I had a better idea of what I didn't want. My mindset walking into the sample sale was just to get a feel for what was out there. Even though the store was filled with people, I still received quality, one-on-one attention. I walked out that day having said, "Yes," to the dress! In the window was a beautiful Sara Gabriel Tulle skirt, which was the perfect accessory to layer on top of my dress, particularly since I didn't want a veil. Purchasing the gown was simple and they did all the work coordinating the tailoring with Fine Stitch tailoring (which is also awesome). I just had to show up to the appointments. After my final tailoring appointment, my gown was sent back to Altar for final pressing. All I had to do was pick it up the day before all the wedding festivities began. Then, after getting married, I received a congratulations email and a hand-written postcard in the mail. They also followed up with me about a company they use for gown cleaning and preservation. Again, they will take care of all of that for me as well. I just can't thank Altar enough for all of their help taking items off of my checklist and providing me with such a breathtaking look for my wedding.

2016-10-13T13:01:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much and congratulations on your happy marriage. We so enjoyed getting the opportunity to assist you throughout your wedding planning process; don't forget to send some of those gorgeous photos our way. We can't wait to see you in that beautiful gown... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Karlie E

I would recommend Altar Bridal to any of my friends. I worked with Dede and she was incredibly helpful. Altar was the first salon I went to and I came in thinking I wanted one thing and decided after trying on a few dresses that I didn't like those styles on me. Dede pulled... Read More some dresses I wouldn't have pulled for myself and I'm so glad she did! This was an all over amazing experience- they seriously went above and beyond my expectations and made me feel so comfortable.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Kari B

I found my perfect dress at Altar Bridal! I live in St. Louis and drove to Leawood for an Anna Campbell trunk show. The options they have are so different from anywhere else I had visited and the environment there is so welcoming and calm. Sara was so sweet and gave me the... Read More perfect amount of advice and space to make my decision. I am the happiest bride! Thank you so much!

2016-10-13T13:13:01 Response from the vendor

We are so happy you drove from St. Louis to find your perfect gown! You are a perfect Anna Campbell bride and we loved getting the opportunity to help you along the way. Thanks for sending those amazing photos to us and we can't wait... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Katie S

I absolutely love this place! The store has a boutique-y atmosphere with a beautiful selection of dresses and the staff are super personable and helpful. I worked with Sara who was wonderful! She helped me find a dress that fit me well and included everything on my wedding... Read More dress wish list. I also was able to get my veil and earrings from the store with her help; she really has an eye for things, and I loved my wedding day look so so much! Communicating with them was easy. After my wedding I dropped my dress off and they sent it to get cleaned which made things simple for me. Compared to other stores this staff is well above average, they are genuine and honest and the stores selection felt more unique than others I had visited. I hands-down recommend all brides to go here! Thank you Alter Bridal!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Tori M

Nothing but positive things to say about Altar Bridal! I went to a few shops in the area when looking for my dress and Altar was by far the best. Dede and Sara are incredibly sweet and helpful. Outstanding customer service!!