Flower Girl Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Custom Designs

5220 West 116th Place, Leawood, KS

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Rebecca S

I had an amazing experience at Altar Bridal in Leawood. Dede and Sara were both extremely helpful throughout the entire dress search process. I came in with a few ideas for the type of dress I was searching for, but after trying on several, was simply stuck. Dede brought out a... Read More dress that she thought looked like it fit my local wedding venue (and met the other requirements I was looking for), and I INSTANTLY fell in love. She was so helpful and genuinely excited for me once I found "the one." Sara helped throughout the rest of the process, from fittings to jewelry to dress preservation. I couldn't have asked for a better experience or more helpful staff. If you are looking for a great place to find your wedding dress, this is the right place! It is clean and cozy, and the people are just fantastic. They give you lots of one-on-one attention and support. I'd highly recommend Altar Bridal!!

2016-09-06T17:22:50 Response from the vendor

Oh my goodness! We had such a great time assisting you in finding your perfect gown. Your dress was gorgeous, unique and definitely perfect for your venue. Thanks so much for allowing us to take part in your day.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Karlie E

I would recommend Altar Bridal to any of my friends. I worked with Dede and she was incredibly helpful. Altar was the first salon I went to and I came in thinking I wanted one thing and decided after trying on a few dresses that I didn't like those styles on me. Dede pulled... Read More some dresses I wouldn't have pulled for myself and I'm so glad she did! This was an all over amazing experience- they seriously went above and beyond my expectations and made me feel so comfortable.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Kari B

I found my perfect dress at Altar Bridal! I live in St. Louis and drove to Leawood for an Anna Campbell trunk show. The options they have are so different from anywhere else I had visited and the environment there is so welcoming and calm. Sara was so sweet and gave me the... Read More perfect amount of advice and space to make my decision. I am the happiest bride! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Katie S

I absolutely love this place! The store has a boutique-y atmosphere with a beautiful selection of dresses and the staff are super personable and helpful. I worked with Sara who was wonderful! She helped me find a dress that fit me well and included everything on my wedding... Read More dress wish list. I also was able to get my veil and earrings from the store with her help; she really has an eye for things, and I loved my wedding day look so so much! Communicating with them was easy. After my wedding I dropped my dress off and they sent it to get cleaned which made things simple for me. Compared to other stores this staff is well above average, they are genuine and honest and the stores selection felt more unique than others I had visited. I hands-down recommend all brides to go here! Thank you Alter Bridal!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Tori M

Nothing but positive things to say about Altar Bridal! I went to a few shops in the area when looking for my dress and Altar was by far the best. Dede and Sara are incredibly sweet and helpful. Outstanding customer service!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016

You cannot find a better store or a better person to work with than Sara and all of the girls at Alter. The store itself is adorable and the dresses are simply stunning. There is truly no other store in Kansas City that has dresses like Altar. They have a great variety and I... Read More was so surprised to find so many dresses I liked. If you want to find "the one"I suggest going straight to Altar.

2016-09-10T11:57:16 Response from the vendor

You are so kind! We are so excited to get to work with you. Congratulations on finding your perfect gown!!

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Haley V

I absolutely love Altar Bridal. The shop itself is stunning. Meredith was exceptional. I shared a few inspiration photos with her and she brought back several dresses that I loved. Within those dresses was "the one". She was incredibly knowledgeable about the different... Read More materials, laces, silhouettes, etc. The level of professionalism and hospitality that Altar Bridal provides is second to none. I highly recommend Altar Bridal for a perfect wedding dress shopping experience.

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Sara H

I had such an amazing experience at Altar. I especially appreciated how accommodating and kind the staff was each time I was there. I called ahead of time to let them know my parents would be with me and that my dad was ill and it was important to me that my parents were a big... Read More part of the day. My dad was also in a wheelchair and the store was accessible and comfortable for him. My parents and I had a wonderful time and found the dress together. Although my dad passed away two weeks before our wedding, I found such comfort in knowing that he and my mom helped me pick out my dress. I'm forever grateful for Altar and their staff for making that day such a special moment for the three of us. Thank you!

2016-09-10T11:59:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for being such a sweet bride and so great to work with. We are truly honored that we got to play a role in such a special moment in your life. We wish you and your husband the very best! Please... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Jennifer D

We looked at several places to find my dress for my big day and we had one last appointment, which was here. I am so glad I didn’t settle for one before this because I found the perfect one! It was such a pleasant experience and they accommodated my group so well! They had a... Read More great tailor that they recommended and it turned out so perfect! They followed up with emails regarding the fittings and the wedding which I thought was so nice. I would highly recommend this place to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Emily B

Sara and the entire staff at the Altar we absolutely AMAZING! I visited several other bridal stores before I went to the Altar, and was feeling discouraged. After spending a few minutes with Sara, I instantly knew I would find the perfect dress for my big day! Not only did I... Read More find my dress, Sara contacted the designer to help me find the perfect veil and accessories. The entire process, from choosing the dress, to fittings, and final pick up was flawless. I can only say fabulous things about this bridal store.

2016-08-26T15:37:53 Response from the vendor

It was our pleasure! We had such a great time working with you and I can't wait to see just how amazing your veil looked with your dress. All the best!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Hannah H

I would recommend Altar Bridal again and again! The girls are so welcoming there while going above and beyond! My seamstress at a location out of town forgot to add my bustle and Altar Bridal girls didn't hesitate to offer to add a quick stitch on my dress to help me out! I... Read More never felt judged when trying my dress on because I was pregnant and man did I feel big! Haha. I can only wish to relive my wedding over and over again just to have the same experiences again. They really made my day extra special.

2016-08-25T13:23:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your sweet review! It was such a pleasure getting to know you during this exciting time and making your wedding day dreams come true. Be sure to stop by the next time you're in town!

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 Ruthie F

I had the best experience at Altar Bridal! I've been a big fan of wedding dresses and have been to many salons with friends and family and at Altar Bridal they made the whole process a breeze! I thought trying on dresses was going to be overwhelming and full of pressure so... Read More wasn't planning on purchasing because it was the first salon on my list. But this experience was anything but overwhelming! I enjoyed every moment and bought the dress of my dreams! I was so happy! Even after purchasing I still felt taken care of with coupons and how they held onto the dress till the wedding date! I would also like to give a shout out the the alterations company that they recommend because they did a wonderful job!

2016-09-06T17:24:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! You chose such an amazing gown and you looked gorgeous on your wedding day. Thank you again for being such a sweet bride to work with during this exciting time.

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Michele K

I had been to three other stores before I went to Altar Bridal, and from the moment I stepped into the store, I knew it was different from all the others. Sara is so fantastic. I cannot say enough about her and the store. I told her what I had in mind, and she brought in several... Read More dresses that were exactly what I was looking for, including the one! The two bridesmaids I brought with me said they're not going anywhere but Altar when they start looking for their dresses. Sara was such a pleasure to work with from start to finish. Altar takes care of everything, including sending the dress to and from alterations and getting it preserved! I am so happy I had the opportunity to work with Altar and get my beautiful dress there!

2016-08-25T11:22:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the sweet review! We enjoyed every minute of working with you and wish you all the best. Don't forget to stop in and see us when you're in the area.

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Lauren P

Beautiful store, convenient location in Leawood, amazing customer service, and so professional! I was called by Sara before my wedding with a reminder to pick up my veil. I had completely forgotten! I adored my Augusta Jones wedding gown and got it at a great price.

Reviewed on 3/13/2016 Shaia M

It was a pleasure to work with Meredith. She may dress shopping so simple, easy and fun. She made sure to take all of my feelings in the consideration and make my family feel a part of the action. I've been to other bridal salons and this by far was the best experience ever! I... Read More am so pleased to have found "The Dress" at Altar Bridal!

2016-08-25T13:21:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your sweet review! We are so excited to be working with you during this exciting time!

Reviewed on 2/09/2016 Betsy E

Altar Bridal was so wonderful throughout the whole process of finding a dress. My mom and I went dress shopping together early on in our wedding planning and were both completely blown away by the hospitality and welcome we received from Sara at Altar. She was so on top of... Read More everything and so reliable. We really felt like she took the time to get to know us and remember even the smallest details about our wedding! I would never go anywhere else!

Wedding Dress

Reviewed on 1/12/2016 Antonette G

I loved Altar Bridal! They had the most beautiful dresses to choose from, it was hard to pick. The staff is so kind, friendly, and professional. I would highly recommend using Altar Bridal to find your perfect dress for the big day!

Beautiful, classy, and unique dresses!

Reviewed on 12/24/2015 Jessica F

I absolutely love everything about Altar Bridal – the service, people, facility, and gowns. For my wedding, I was looking for a unique dress. I knew I did not want a strapless dress. The first store we went to (not Altar Bridal), everything was strapless, which had me feeling... Read More a little bit bummed. As we were walking in to store number two (Altar Bridal), I looked at the mannequins, looked at my mom, and I said, “This is the place.” Altar Bridal has unbelievably beautiful, classy, and unique dresses. I worked with Sara, and she was fantastic! She was so sweet, genuine, and made every step of the dress process fun. I told her that I wanted a dress that was lacey, had sleeves, and an open back. Sara pulled a couple of dresses that were 100% my style and were exactly what I was looking for. I could not have imagined a more perfect dress. Altar Bridal was always so accommodating too. I bought a couple of different pieces of jewelry, and Sara let me bring the jewelry by and try it on with the sample dress. She was willing to take time out of her day to help me put my look together, including a color for bridesmaid dresses that would go well with the undertone of my dress. I felt absolutely gorgeous on my wedding day, and I definitely have Sara and Altar Bridal to thank. Make an appointment with Altar Bridal, you won’t regret it and you will get to meet and work with some pretty awesome people!

Reviewed on 12/23/2015 Libby S

They were warm and welcoming from the moment myself and my party of 5 walked in the door. We were offered water, and taken to a private dressing room where they could even do a big reveal. They were happy to have us there and excited! The show rooms is small but well lit and... Read More bright, super easy transaction too once I said "yes to the dress". :)

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Could not be happier with my experience! I highly recommend visiting Altar :)

Great selection and extremely helpful!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Anne P

Sara with Altar Bridal was amazing and so wonderful to work with! We went to Altar Bridal for a trunk show and bought the dress the very first day I tried any on. Sara was so sweet and helpful and made the dress shopping process so easy. And she followed up after we ordered the... Read More dress to help us set up alterations appointments and followed up after the wedding to help us set up preservation of the gown. Altar Bridal has an amazing selection of wedding gowns and its staff is so friendly and helpful. I loved my dress, and I'm so happy I found it there!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 L S

I can't say enough great things about Altar Bridal; I don't even know where to start! My consultant was Sara Hooser and she was brilliant! She listened to exactly what I was looking for and I bought the second dress I tried on! I also bought my veil and sash from Altar Bridal.... Read More The staff was so wonderful, helpful and nice. The store is very welcoming and they truly care about their customers. Highly recommended!!!!

The Only Bridal Salon to Purchase A Wedding Dress From!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Kristin S

What can I say, we had the perfect experience at Altar! They are personal and professional, and remembered when my first, second and final dress fittings were (and sent an email to ask how each one was). Anytime I would pop in the store with a fellow friend who was getting... Read More married, they called me by name and asked how everything was going. The customer service is the best I've ever experienced. The dress selection is phenomenal. They followed through on everything and the dress order came in exactly when they said it would. I wore my mom's veil, and they steamed it and stored it for us the weeks leading up to the wedding. This is by far the best bridal shop in town!

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 Britt F

If you're looking for the perfect wedding dress, I highly recommend Altar Bridal! Dede and the rest of the Altar Bridal staff were so incredibly kind and patient as I tried on endless beautiful gowns. After finally finding THE dress, I was pleasantly surprised with something I... Read More had never envisioned for myself! The Altar ladies made my experience enjoyable, relaxing, and truly helped me find the 'pinterest-perfect' dress!

Cute boutique, Not the best selection

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Amanda A

I brought a few bridesmaids with me. We were placed in a cute, little room. The woman who helped was very attentive. She listened to what I wanted but she didn't have much variety in my budget ($2K).