Exceptional service. Unforgettable experience.

Altar Bridal was created for brides who want to shop for fresh and fashionable bridal gowns in a personal and relaxed atmosphere. Altar Bridal offers designer wedding gowns and accessories.

Flower Girl Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Custom Designs

5220 West 116th Place, Leawood, KS (913) 451-4696
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Kara K

This was the first and only store that I went into to find my dress! My wedding was on July 29 of this year, and when I came back home from Dallas in February to find my dress, I knew that I was going to have a bit of a time crunch. There are so many wonderful things I could say... Read More about Sara Sarles! She was absolutely incredible! Sara was so attentive and very observant to what I was looking for. She pulled on particular dress, a Mikaella dress, that I fell in love with. It was the first dress I tried on and there was no going back from there. Sara helped me throughout the entire process and made sure that I was kept in the loop on what was happening with my dress. I was so thankful for this as I live in Dallas, making it a little bit harder to communicate/make things happen. I had such an incredible experience here with my mom and my stepmom and would absolutely recommend this shop to anyone in search of a beautiful gown! Thank you for the bottom of my heart for your help, I cannot wait to share pictures with you once I've got them back!

2017-09-12T11:43:51 Response from the vendor

Congratulations Kara! Thank you so much for being such an amazing bride to work with. We were absolutely honored to get to play a small part in your day. We couldn't be happier for you and we also can't wait to see your photos. Cheers!!

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Megan S

Working with Altar Bridal was a highlight of my entire planning process. I met Dede and Sara through the 5K Wedding Run, and from that experience I knew they were amazing to work with, professional, enthusiastic, detailed, creative and incredibly supportive. After seeing the... Read More gowns at the post-race bridal expo fashion show, I knew that this is where I wanted to find my dream dress- and I did! Sara made our shopping experience so personal and fun. She is the best person you could have helping you with this big decision! My mom and MOH also loved having her there to help. After I found my dress, Sara even stayed past closing to give us a chance to celebrate. Dede and Sara are exceptionally organized and had great communication through our engagement process, so we never had to worry about anything. The alterations contact they referred us to did a fantastic job. I got my veil and jewelry through Altar Bridal as well, which was so perfect with the dress thanks to Sara’s help (I had no idea where to even start). When my mom and I went to pick up everything a few days before the wedding, it was really fun getting to share our excitement (and many emotions) with Sara. Everything was very personal and everything about our experience with Altar was truly above and beyond. I wondered if I would feel like a “bride” on my wedding day, and because of how much I loved my dress, veil and jewelry from Altar, I really did!

2017-06-06T11:56:37 Response from the vendor

Megan thank you so much for letting us share in your wedding day and thank you for sharing a little about your experience with us! We have had the best time getting to know you and we couldn't be happier for you and Cody! Congratulations!!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Shannon B

When I walked out of Altar Bridal the first time, I felt like I had just gained a best friend. Altar was the second place I went when looking for a wedding dress, and it was 180 degrees better than the first place, primarily due to the gem that Sara Sarles is. I was nervous... Read More about trying wedding dresses on because I don't like feeling pressured, I don't like other people's opinions (only my mom was with me), and I don't like buying expensive things (lol), but Sara just wiped those fears right out of my mind the moment I met her and made me feel comfortable, confident, at ease, and completely okay with telling her my honest opinions. I knew from Altar's Instagram that they seemed to carry a lot of styles I liked (I am clueless when it comes to designer names and dress material), and Sara pulled out dresses that matched those styles, including the one I ultimately chose. Sara was wonderful throughout the whole process, keeping me updated on the status of my dress and handling the transport of my dress to the alterationist, and allowing me to ask her every dumb question in the book. She is awesome and she was a wonderful ray of sunshine throughout my entire wedding planning process.

2017-11-13T15:15:54 Response from the vendor

Shannon! Thank you so much for your kind words! It was truly a pleasure working with you, you were such a sweet bride! Congratulations! We can't wait to see all the pictures from your big day!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Kelly B

Everyone at Altar has been so wonderful to work with. I made an appointment, not really sure what to expect. Dress shopping isn’t easy, so I thought wedding dress shopping would be extremely difficult. My experience was the exact opposite! They were so friendly and patient. I... Read More had seen some photos of dresses I liked, but wasn’t sure what was going to look best on me. They brought multiple styles to help me figure out what I liked – which I did. This was my only salon appointment and I purchased my dress and veil the same day. Altar stored my dress, and Sara made follow up calls to remind me about fittings and gown pick up. I had a wonderful experience and loved my gown. Thank you Altar!

2017-11-07T17:34:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your sweet review Kelly! We loved getting to help you. Your dress looked truly amazing and we loved the photos we got to see! Congratulations!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Justine Y

I searched for what felt like forever to find my wedding gown! I finally ended up at Altar Bridal and Sara helped me put together my perfect dress using the top from one and the bottom from another! I had tried to do this at another bridal salon and they said the designer... Read More wouldn't do it! That told me that Sara has a good relationship with the designers, which is awesome! My dress turned out perfect for my August 2017 wedding. I couldn't be happier!

2017-11-02T17:18:39 Response from the vendor

Justine! Thank you so so much for your kind review. Your dress was truly amazing, and we were so happy to get to be a part of your wedding. We love the pictures we got to see too! Congratulations!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Anna L

Altar was the first place I went to and I am so glad because it was such an amazing experience! They were so helpful and understanding. I had no idea what my dress shopping was going to be like or what to expect and they listened to me and what my vision. The first dress I... Read More tried on was the one I picked! I am so fortunate I had an experience that was so enjoyable! Thank you Altar for everything!

2017-10-18T15:58:04 Response from the vendor

Congratulations on your wedding Anna! Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this kind review. Your dress looked amazing, and your wedding photos were truly stunning; it was so wonderful to work with you through this whole process! Cheers!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Angela J

I had an amazing experience with Altar Bridal. Sara and her team are so professional and were kind and patient throughout the entire process of working together. I was truthfully a little nervous to go in there with a budget on the lower end of their price point, but I didn't... Read More for a second feel I was sacrificing or missing out on amazing dresses. I loved every dress they pulled for me and I was given a lot of beautiful options. My Mother and Mother-In-Law were meeting for the first time and they made us all feel so comfortable while making this an exciting and memorable experience. I live out of state so once I chose my dress Sara and her team went the extra mile to make sure my dress was stored in safe keeping and kept in touch with me until I picked it up for the fittings for the wedding. I couldn't have asked for a better experience, I would recommend them to every bride!

2017-10-18T10:28:09 Response from the vendor

Angela! Thank you so much for your sweet review. You were such a lovely bride to work with, and I'm sure you looked amazing on your wedding day! We can't wait to see photos! Congratulations!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Jennifer H

Altar Bridal was amazing. They were the 3rd and last dress shop I visited before saying yes to the dress! Gail and Sara were the two lovely ladies who helped me through every step of the buying process from trying on 10+ dresses, to the first fitting and then finding the right... Read More veil and ribbon. I went in wanting one style of dress and came out with a completely different style. If I was unsure of something they would help me to try and envision everything so that it was exactly as I dreamed. The girls were incredibly communicative throughout the whole process and everything arrived in a timely manner. I could not have asked for a better experience! Please don't go anywhere else except Altar Bridal!

2017-10-16T14:58:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words Jennifer! We loved getting to play a small part in your wedding day. I'm sure you looked completely amazing on the big day! Congratulations!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Ashley J

Altar was the third place I shopped for my wedding dress and I have to say it was far and above better than the other experiences! When you first walk in to Altar you are blown away by what a beautiful boutique it is. Their dresses, jewelry, and veils, along with the decor made... Read More me feel like a princess. My consultant, Gale, was amazing! The dress she put me in first turned out to be the one, but I didn’t know at first because there were so many beautiful ones I didn’t think I could decide without trying on several. Gale pulled some truly amazing dresses that fit into my budget and complemented by body beautifully. She is truly talented at her job! I loved everything she put me in and I appreciated that she put me in all sorts of different styles. She helped me find the perfect dress and some beautiful straps to personalize the look for me. I met Sara once I had made my final decision, and they both stayed past close so my mom, friends, and I could celebrate with a bottle of bubbly. It was such an amazing day! Since that day Sara has kept in touch with me at all important points. I recently returned when my dress arrived, and my second experience was just as fabulous. I can’t wait for all of my friends and family to see my dress, and I am so thankful to Altar for helping me with the most exciting decision of the whole wedding planning process. I cannot recommend Altar enough!

2017-10-16T15:02:56 Response from the vendor

Ashley! Thank you so much for your sweet review. It was wonderful getting to be a art of your wedding dress shopping process. We can't wait to see it on you on your wedding day; it's going to be perfect! Congratulations!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Lori R

This was the first store I went to to find my wedding dress and I can say it by far exceeded my expectations for what my wedding dress shopping experience would be like. Everyone I worked with at the store was absolutely incredible, especially Sara. Their communication and... Read More customer service could not have been better. I purchased the second dress I tried on and from the purchase, to the accessories, to alterations, to steaming the dress and picking it up for the big day, they made the process so easy and enjoyable. I would not recommend going anywhere else!!!

2017-10-12T10:32:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! You were amazing to work with and we are so happy for you. I hope you enjoyed your blog feature. We are absolutely in love with your photos!! Congratulations and stop by anytime.

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Olivia B

I absolutely loved my dress but that is not the only reason I love Altar Bridal. Their staff is the best. The owner, Dede, was so friendly and personable. She listened to what I wanted and helped me find the perfect dress. I live out of town and she was so great to work with me... Read More everytime I flew to Kansas City to fit me into the shop to try on my dress. We met Sara another time I was in the store and she is the sweetest. She was so helpful. She made my flower girl dresses that matched my wedding dress. They were the cutest!! They went the extra mile for me in everything I needed-I highly recommend them!

2017-10-12T10:34:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much and a HUGE thank you for sending us some photos. You looked so beautiful and it looks like you had a great day. Dede and I enjoyed getting the opportunity to work with you. Cheers!

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Emily W

My experience at Altar Bridal was amazing! It was the first place I tried on dresses and Sara was great at pulling a variety of dresses, respecting my budget, and helping me in and out of the gowns. In fact, the dress I purchased was the first one I tried on! Sara said, "I don't... Read More know if this is what you're looking for, but it will look amazing on you." And she was right! I fell in love! She was great throughout the entire process - picking out the dress, trying it on when it arrived, setting me up with an alteration shop, and helping get it cleaned and preserved all while being honest about prices and being flexible when scheduling appointments. I loved working with Altar Bridal!

2017-09-06T11:35:58 Response from the vendor

Congratulations Emily! And thank you so much for writing such great things about your experience. You looked so amazing in your dress and it sounds like you all had a perfect day. We wish you all the best.

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Bailey C

This was the third (and final) bridal store I went to, and absolutely loved it. The experience I had here was beyond and above compared to the other shops. The consultant truly listened to what I liked and didn't like before and during the appointment to grab new items she... Read More wanted me to try. Finally at the end of the process I found the perfect dress, that I wouldn't have found without her and was absolutely thrilled. I also loved the small-shop feel of the salon. The viewing room was very intimate and made me feel even more connected with my party during the process. The consultant gave me 100% of her attention and truly made me feel like a princess. Thank you for everything!

2017-10-12T10:39:28 Response from the vendor

We are so happy you found your gorgeous gown with us and are thrilled to continue this journey with you! It was great seeing you the other day when you stopped in and we can't wait to have you back in when your gown arrives!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Kati M

Dede & Sara are by far the best! Working with Altar was so easy. My situation was a little different because I tried on one dress and one dress only. However, I had a harder time making a decision on a veil and accessories. They guided me through but didn't push me to make a... Read More decision. I absolutely loved my dress and accessories. Everything came together beautifully! I also loved that they worked with the tailor to transport my dress to and from, one less thing to worry about! When I picked my dress up on Wednesday for my Saturday wedding it was perfectly pressed and steamed. It was packaged so well that I didn't have to touch it up at all the day of the wedding. Definitely pay Altar a visit when you're hunting for the perfect gown - you won't be disappointed!

2017-09-13T13:53:22 Response from the vendor

Kati! Thank you so much for letting us help you with this exciting time in your life. Your dress was perfect and we couldn't imagine a more perfect gown for you. Congratulations and stop by anytime you are out in the area. We would love... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Nicole H

My experience at Altar Bridal far surpassed any expectations I could have had. The boutique is absolutely adorable and the perfect environment to find your dream gown. I worked with Meredith and Sara and had an incredible time. They made shopping for a dress EASY and FUN! Sara... Read More is so bubbly and made me feel at ease instantly, like I had known her for years. I came in with an idea of what I wanted and after trying on a few dresses in that style, realized it was definitely not going to work for me. My consultant took every comment I made about the dresses I tried on and pulled a dress that she thought could work based on my feedback and it was THE DRESS! It truly felt like she knew my style better than I knew it myself by the end of the appointment. THANK YOU ALTAR BRIDAL, you helped make my special day even more special!

2017-06-06T12:03:37 Response from the vendor

Nicole we are so happy for you! Thanks so much for being such a great bride to work with. We would love to see some more photos of you both on your wedding day!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Nichole C

Wonderful shop. They made the whole process easy. There was potential smoke damage to the dress due to a fire near the alterations shop. Even though the fire was out of their hands, they called to update me on the status constantly and worked hard to fix it. In the end, I... Read More never knew the difference. Thanks so much!

2017-06-06T12:13:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words and thanks for being so great to work with along the way. We hope your wedding day was perfect and we know you looked gorgeous! We would love to see some photos from your big day if... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Jolene S

This was the first store I went to when trying on wedding dresses and Gail truly made my experience wonderful! She was extremely kind and helped me try on lots of different styles to determine what I liked and disliked. She was also very respectful of my budget and I didn't feel... Read More pressured at any time. I didn't end up getting my dress here, but I would highly recommend it to any future brides.

2017-06-06T12:15:30 Response from the vendor

We loved having you in the store and appreciate the time you took to share your experience with other brides. While we are sad we didn't have YOUR dress, we wish you the best of luck as you continue planning. Congratulations!

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Brianne L

I felt that my party and I were treated very disrespectfully. They hardly put any thought into what I told them I liked, because when they asked if I had found a dress yet that I might like and I told them "yes but I wasn't sold", it was like they could care less to help me find... Read More something better. I felt their attitude while helping me was completely fake. They got mad at my mom for touching the gowns and took offense when I didn't like something. People in my party felt that all the staff in the store hovered over us like we were criminals.

2017-04-21T12:19:41 Response from the vendor

I’ve spent the last week thinking about your review. As business owners, we have to step back and try not to take harsh reviews personally, and instead, take them as opportunities to improve our business. However, after giving this review much thought and studying the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Erica S

I had an awful experience here. The shop is located in a great area and looks beautiful on the inside. However, the shop is really small and the lady that helped me did not listen to anything I said. I told her I wanted an A-line, sparkly dress and she brought me everything but... Read More that. It was like she intentionally brought me everything that I said I didn't want. She brought me awful dress after awful dress. Then at one point she brought me in a two piece dress. As a bride I would never wear a two piece on my wedding day. Young girls wear two pieces at prom. I told her 3 times I did not want to try it on but she insisted and then left me in it and went and started looking at other dresses. It was just such an awful experience. After an hour my mother and aunt were so mortified of what an awful job she was doing and they could clearly see how upset I was went and asked to pick out a few dresses for me and they were ok. However, by that time I was over it and left. Save yourself the time and do not schedule an appointment here.

2017-04-13T13:48:50 Response from the vendor

We LOVE being a smaller shop but because of that we certainly don't have every bride's gown. It seems in this case we just didn't have exactly what you were looking for - which understandably can make an appointment less enjoyable vs. one where you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Eiselie S

The girls that I had the pleasure of meeting here were so sweet, caring and helpful. I will tell every girl I know who hasn't had a dress fitting that they need to give this salon a try. The girl and I looked at a few of my pinterest pictures that I had saved and they picked... Read More out 10 GORGEOUS gowns that got to laugh and cry and celebrate over. I feel that they helped me hit the nail on the head of exactly what I wanted for my fairy tale winter wedding.

2017-06-06T12:17:37 Response from the vendor

Eiselie thank you so much for your kind review! You were such a beautiful bride and we were honored to get to play a small part in your day. Thank you so much for referring Kyla to us- we can't wait to see you all... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Chesney A

Altar Bridal was maybe one of my favorite parts of the entire wedding planning process. I'm pretty petite, and Sara was AMAZING at pinning/clipping dresses to fit my body so I didn't have to guess what a dress in my size would actually look like. MUCH better than anywhere else... Read More that I went to dress shop. But even beyond just going there to dress shop, Sara and the staff were great at keeping in touch with updates on my dress and accessories, when things would be in, answering questions I had about style, care, preservation, etc. Could not have imagined a better group to work with for all things wedding dress!

2017-02-07T13:41:49 Response from the vendor

Chesney- thank you so much for appreciating what we do here! I am beyond pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your experience as an Altar Bride. Plus it's tough being so petite when these gowns are so long! I'm so happy that we could... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Bridget M

Of all the shops where I tried dresses on, Altar Bridal was my best experience. I did not end up getting my dress from here, but I wanted to write a review to say it was such a great experience and any bride should go! Sara was great to work with, she made everything easy and... Read More smooth. I found something that fit my style just a little bit better elsewhere, but honestly this was the best shopping experience overall. It is worth stopping by, even if you don't find THE dress there. Many thanks for all of your help, I really appreciate it!

2017-02-07T13:46:32 Response from the vendor

We are happy to hear that you found a gorgeous gown that was everything you were looking for. Thank you so much for taking the time to share a little about your experience with other brides. Best of luck with your planning!

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Kristina D

Sara was amazing! She helped me find the perfect gown and was excellent at helping my mom get on board with my dress vision (not a stark white dress). She also has great ideas for how to minimally alter gowns to make them fit what I was looking for. We also were very pleased... Read More recommendations for tailor/seamstress and dress cleaners for after the wedding. Lastly- Altar has a b-e-a-utiful selection of gowns! So unique and classic and the quality is outstanding and so very dreamy!

2017-02-07T13:52:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Kristina! We hope your day was so perfect. You wore such a gorgeous, unique gown and I had such a great time helping you throughout the process. We can't wait to see some of your photos. Wishing you all the best.

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Megan N

The ladies at Altar Bridal were wonderful to work with. This was the first place I went to look at dresses and ended up being the only place I needed to go! I went to try on one specific dress and Meredith was wonderful choosing other similar gowns for me to try on also. She... Read More definitely understood my style and the look I was going for. I would highly recommend Altar bridal, they made a process that seemed overwhelming to me very simple!

2017-02-07T13:57:00 Response from the vendor

Megan your vision was so unique and we were so happy to play a small role in your day. The photos we have seen are gorgeous and we can't wait to see more. Congratulations!

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Susan P

Altar Bridal was a joy to work with! As a plus-size bride I was nervous about shopping for a wedding dress, but Sara made me feel so comfortable and -- dare I say it -- even beautiful! She was so supportive of my vision for my dress and made everything happen for me. I cannot... Read More recommend Altar highly enough!

2017-02-07T14:02:08 Response from the vendor

You were so sweet to work with Madeleine! You came in knowing what you were after- I was just the lucky one to get to help you put together the perfect look (and thanks to Stephanie James who could customize your dress.)You looked absolutely gorgeous... Read Less Read More