Exceptional service. Unforgettable experience.

Altar Bridal was created for brides who want to shop for fresh and fashionable bridal gowns in a personal and relaxed atmosphere. Altar Bridal offers designer wedding gowns, rehearsal and reception dresses, bridesmaid dresses, and accessories.

Flower Girl Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Custom Designs

5220 West 116th Place, Leawood, KS

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 L S

I can't say enough great things about Altar Bridal; I don't even know where to start! My consultant was Sara Hooser and she was brilliant! She listened to exactly what I was looking for and I bought the second dress I tried on! I also bought my veil and sash from Altar Bridal.... Read More The staff was so wonderful, helpful and nice. The store is very welcoming and they truly care about their customers. Highly recommended!!!!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Michele K

I had been to three other stores before I went to Altar Bridal, and from the moment I stepped into the store, I knew it was different from all the others. Sara is so fantastic. I cannot say enough about her and the store. I told her what I had in mind, and she brought in several... Read More dresses that were exactly what I was looking for, including the one! The two bridesmaids I brought with me said they're not going anywhere but Altar when they start looking for their dresses. Sara was such a pleasure to work with from start to finish. Altar takes care of everything, including sending the dress to and from alterations and getting it preserved! I am so happy I had the opportunity to work with Altar and get my beautiful dress there!

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Lauren P

Beautiful store, convenient location in Leawood, amazing customer service, and so professional! I was called by Sara before my wedding with a reminder to pick up my veil. I had completely forgotten! I adored my Augusta Jones wedding gown and got it at a great price.

Reviewed on 3/13/2016 Shaia M

It was a pleasure to work with Meredith. She may dress shopping so simple, easy and fun. She made sure to take all of my feelings in the consideration and make my family feel a part of the action. I've been to other bridal salons and this by far was the best experience ever! I... Read More am so pleased to have found "The Dress" at Altar Bridal!

Reviewed on 2/09/2016 Betsy E

Altar Bridal was so wonderful throughout the whole process of finding a dress. My mom and I went dress shopping together early on in our wedding planning and were both completely blown away by the hospitality and welcome we received from Sara at Altar. She was so on top of... Read More everything and so reliable. We really felt like she took the time to get to know us and remember even the smallest details about our wedding! I would never go anywhere else!

Wedding Dress

Reviewed on 1/12/2016 Antonette G

I loved Altar Bridal! They had the most beautiful dresses to choose from, it was hard to pick. The staff is so kind, friendly, and professional. I would highly recommend using Altar Bridal to find your perfect dress for the big day!

Beautiful, classy, and unique dresses!

Reviewed on 12/24/2015 Jessica F

I absolutely love everything about Altar Bridal – the service, people, facility, and gowns. For my wedding, I was looking for a unique dress. I knew I did not want a strapless dress. The first store we went to (not Altar Bridal), everything was strapless, which had me feeling... Read More a little bit bummed. As we were walking in to store number two (Altar Bridal), I looked at the mannequins, looked at my mom, and I said, “This is the place.” Altar Bridal has unbelievably beautiful, classy, and unique dresses. I worked with Sara, and she was fantastic! She was so sweet, genuine, and made every step of the dress process fun. I told her that I wanted a dress that was lacey, had sleeves, and an open back. Sara pulled a couple of dresses that were 100% my style and were exactly what I was looking for. I could not have imagined a more perfect dress. Altar Bridal was always so accommodating too. I bought a couple of different pieces of jewelry, and Sara let me bring the jewelry by and try it on with the sample dress. She was willing to take time out of her day to help me put my look together, including a color for bridesmaid dresses that would go well with the undertone of my dress. I felt absolutely gorgeous on my wedding day, and I definitely have Sara and Altar Bridal to thank. Make an appointment with Altar Bridal, you won’t regret it and you will get to meet and work with some pretty awesome people!

Reviewed on 12/23/2015 Libby S

They were warm and welcoming from the moment myself and my party of 5 walked in the door. We were offered water, and taken to a private dressing room where they could even do a big reveal. They were happy to have us there and excited! The show rooms is small but well lit and... Read More bright, super easy transaction too once I said "yes to the dress". :)

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Could not be happier with my experience! I highly recommend visiting Altar :)

Great selection and extremely helpful!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Anne P

Sara with Altar Bridal was amazing and so wonderful to work with! We went to Altar Bridal for a trunk show and bought the dress the very first day I tried any on. Sara was so sweet and helpful and made the dress shopping process so easy. And she followed up after we ordered the... Read More dress to help us set up alterations appointments and followed up after the wedding to help us set up preservation of the gown. Altar Bridal has an amazing selection of wedding gowns and its staff is so friendly and helpful. I loved my dress, and I'm so happy I found it there!

The Only Bridal Salon to Purchase A Wedding Dress From!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Kristin S

What can I say, we had the perfect experience at Altar! They are personal and professional, and remembered when my first, second and final dress fittings were (and sent an email to ask how each one was). Anytime I would pop in the store with a fellow friend who was getting... Read More married, they called me by name and asked how everything was going. The customer service is the best I've ever experienced. The dress selection is phenomenal. They followed through on everything and the dress order came in exactly when they said it would. I wore my mom's veil, and they steamed it and stored it for us the weeks leading up to the wedding. This is by far the best bridal shop in town!

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 Britt F

If you're looking for the perfect wedding dress, I highly recommend Altar Bridal! Dede and the rest of the Altar Bridal staff were so incredibly kind and patient as I tried on endless beautiful gowns. After finally finding THE dress, I was pleasantly surprised with something I... Read More had never envisioned for myself! The Altar ladies made my experience enjoyable, relaxing, and truly helped me find the 'pinterest-perfect' dress!

Cute boutique, Not the best selection

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Amanda A

I brought a few bridesmaids with me. We were placed in a cute, little room. The woman who helped was very attentive. She listened to what I wanted but she didn't have much variety in my budget ($2K).

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Lisa B

We have bought both of my daughters' dresses at Altar. The wedding dresses were unique and beautiful but I have never had anyone that is more helpful, in retail, than Sarah! Everytime we called or met with her she was so sweet and helpful. She's as beautiful as the dresses!

Go To Altar Immediately!

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Brittany B

I am so thankful I stopped into Altar to find my perfect wedding dress! The service was amazing, to say the least. If you haven't met Sara yet, you need to! Sara helped us from the minute we walked into the store until the moment we walked down the aisle. She also made the... Read More adorable flower girl dresses, which everyone absolutely raved about! She went above and beyond her call of duty and not to mention, she's absolutely ADORABLE! The store is all the rage and has the most incredible, class AND trendy wedding dresses. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Ashley S

They have the most amazing employees. Altar Bridal was hands down the best salon I visited. The customer service blew me away. They have an amazing selection of dresses you can't find anywhere else in KC. The salon is clean, updated and bright. The fitting rooms are intimate... Read More with large mirrors. I can't recommend them enough. Thank you, Altar Bridal, for helping me find the perfect dress.

Bridal Dress

Reviewed on 3/26/2015 Nancy N

This store is fabulous. They cater to the bride and make sure the dress is perfect. We had a mishap with the dress, which wasn't Altar Bridals fault, but they took care of us and made it perfect. They went over and beyond. Such a fun staff and personable. This is the place... Read More to get your dress. A variety of styles and prices. Being a small boutique made the experience more special. We just weren't a face.

Beautiful Selection!

Reviewed on 1/22/2015

If you are looking for a dress, this is the place to visit. They have wonderful options for every style and the staff is very friendly!

KANSAS CITY'S BEST!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Andrea M

Save yourself the time and effort of making multiple appointments all over town, and go directly to ALTAR BRIDAL! You can not go wrong with the personal treatment that they give you the minute you walk in the door. As a bride, you go into wedding dress shopping with cautious... Read More optimism (or at least I did). This is the most important day of shopping you will ever do, and with high hopes you want to find the most perfect dress... the one you've been dreaming of wearing since you put your dress-up clothes away the final time in 1st grade. The most comforting part was the listening that happened before dresses were even seen. Dede and her staff first and foremost want to know what is important to YOU. What do you look for, dream of in your wedding gown? And, maybe more importantly, what do you dislike? They're also pretty good at knowing what might fit you well... :) (this is not their first rodeo...) Once we had developed a good understanding of the style and look I was hoping for, they went to work. I know I was one of the lucky one's who find their dress on the first day of looking, and only put on 6 total. But, I honestly think it was because they didn't waste my time making me try every dress in the store, and listened to my style, the style of my wedding, and my budget. Also, although my dress was custom ordered/made, I knew there would be alterations involved once it was here. The alterations were done by Janet at Fine Stitch, who was amazing! She paid the best attention to detail, and made it fit absolutely perfect (and as comfortable as a strapless dress could be..)! Dede and Janet work together, so you don't have to fret who's going to be stitching on your dress after you've grown or shrunk in certain places :) Dede and her staff are always smiling the minute you walk in the door, and willing to find you exactly what you are dreaming of! I have nothing but happy memories of working with Altar Bridal's services, products, and of course my gown and accessories. My wedding was a picture perfect day, and I could not be more thankful that I was confident in my dress and had such great service at Altar Bridal. PS... The accessories are fabulous as well! Do yourself a favor and just deck yourself out from head to toe :) You won't regret it. Oh, and Congrats!

Theia wedding dress of my dreams

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Rachael S

I hate the words "off beat bride" or "non traditional" but that is exactly how I would describe myself. I went through so many ideas of what I wanted to wear for my small beach wedding from a short dress, to pink, to a very specific designer and that is how I landed at Altar.... Read More They were the ONLY salon in the midwest area to carry Sarah Seven, who I had found on instagram and loved the romantic, boho vibe of her designs. The staff at Altar was amazing. The second I walked in they had pulled the Sarah Sevens for me but I still walked around the store and say this ombre, petal Theia gown that I fell in love with. It was the first dress I tried on and I was hooked. Because of finance and family drama (every wedding, duh) there was a delay from when I tried it on (Sept 2013) to when I actually purchased (February 2014). They staff was good with follow up but NEVER pushy. I just got married and the dress was a show stopper. I can't thank Dede and the staff enough!

Beautiful Shop, Magical Experience

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Krystal B

I had a fantastic experience at Altar Bridal and would definitely recommend it to any bride! It is so beautiful in the store which makes the environment even more magical. The ladies are so wonderful and helpful and really listen to what you are looking for but also will make... Read More suggestions based on their experience. I found my dress on my first stop and I only tried on about 10 dresses. The one I ended up choosing was actually one that the girl that was helping me suggested even though it wasn't exactly what I thought I wanted. But it was the one!!

couldn't be a better place to get your gown

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Meghann M

Altar offered the best experience I could have ever asked for in searching for my dress. Sarah H was the first employee I met upon entering. I had actually already been to several bridal shops in St. Louis and purchased a dress there but was having buyers remorse in whether the... Read More dress I purchased was really what I wanted. Altar was extremely inviting, calm, and natural when inquiring as to why I was in the shop. I was honest with my circumstance and they were completely accepting of the fact that I may spend hours trying some things on and not need to buy another gown. They listened attentively, and in a matter of 15 minutes or less I had a dress before me that spoke to me more than any other gown I had seen. Sarah H shared in my overwhelming sense of satisfaction in finding what truly felt like was the dress for me. Each and every time I came back into the shop they greeted me with just as much enthusiasm as the first time. Altar Bridal couldn't be a better shop to work with-the store is intimate, cozy, and yet very modern and chic. I would recommend anyone to their services.

Sara is amazing !

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Jennie S

The service here is top notch and other bridal stores don't even compare in the Kc metro area. Sara Hoosier is the assistant manager and literally helps you through every step of the bridal gown purchase process... Knows you by face and name (not a search in a huge database like... Read More Idas or bridal extraordinaire) and has a personal relationship with the dress vendors !!! I could always call and ask on the status of my dress and they were right there with every last detail. I wouldn't go anywhere else .

Best bridal store in KC

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Brittany J

Sarah made finding my wedding gown the most amazing experience! I was so nervous about finding a gown, as I had never seen a wedding gown that I really liked. I told Sarah what I loved, what I thought was awful, and what I thought was okay. She brought me five dresses that I... Read More immediately fell in love with. I worried that I would not find a dress that I liked, but I found that that was not the case at Altar. As a seven-time bridesmaid, I have done my fair share of bridal gown hunting. The level of professionalism and attentiveness I was shown far exceeded anything I had ever seen in bridal stores. Sarah knew each gown by heart and was able to answer questions about fabrics, colors, and details regarding designers. My mother is very critical of quality of fabrics and alterations, and she was very impressed with Sarah. Sarah was extremely laid back and very supportive and patient while I was making my decision. I never felt pressured or rushed during my appointment. Once I had picked my gown and ordered it, Sarah kept in touch with me to keep me updated on the status of my dress. Once it was in and I tried it on, Sarah tacked on the hem herself when we realized the length didn't need altering (saved me LOTS of money on alterations). Picking up my dress the week before my wedding was a breeze. Altar had it steamed and ready in its garment bag and sent me off with a big hug and well wishes. Since my wedding they have checked in with me to see how everything went. The women at Altar have gone above and beyond all expectations I had for a bridal store. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff at Altar Bridal and the selection of gowns that they have. I would not hesitate to recommend Altar to anyone and everyone. I had an excellent experience and cannot imagine having married my husband in a dress more perfect than what I got at Altar! I absolutely LOVE Altar Bridal!

Amazing Dress - The Perfect Experience

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Lauren F

From the get-go I knew I would love this place. The intimate shop, the beautiful designs, the upscale but accessible vibe all made it wonderful. After trying on a couple dozen dresses in other shops I was specific with Sara with what I wanted, and she was able to make it... Read More happen, finding me a beautiful high-end sample that came in under my budget. After purchasing the dress (!) my experience there got better and better, with the team at Altar quickly responding to my emails or allowing me to come by and try out different accessory options or visit with any bridal party member in town. I had endless questions about spanx and alterations, and I felt like the girls there knew me, were so excited about and always remembered the details of my wedding, and were truly consultants. I visited several bridal shops in my wedding planning process, and by far this was my favorite, most comfortable and fun experience. Thanks Altar! :)