Exceptional service. Unforgettable experience.

Altar Bridal was created for brides who want to shop for fresh and fashionable bridal gowns in a personal and relaxed atmosphere. Altar Bridal offers designer wedding gowns, rehearsal and reception dresses, bridesmaid dresses, and accessories.

Flower Girl Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Custom Designs

5220 West 116th Place, Leawood, KS

Wonderful selection and amazing service!!

Reviewed on 8/07/2013 Andrea J

This boutique bridal shop is the best in KC! The staff there are so helpful and know exactly what works best for each person that comes through. They have such unique styles of gowns. I love the dress I purchased- it worked so well with my venue and was everything I hoped... Read More for! I purchased all my accessories there and found some unique local pieces I know I couldn't have found anywhere else! This store is a must!

The Only Bridal Salon to Purchase A Wedding Dress From!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Kristin S

What can I say, we had the perfect experience at Altar! They are personal and professional, and remembered when my first, second and final dress fittings were (and sent an email to ask how each one was). Anytime I would pop in the store with a fellow friend who was getting... Read More married, they called me by name and asked how everything was going. The customer service is the best I've ever experienced. The dress selection is phenomenal. They followed through on everything and the dress order came in exactly when they said it would. I wore my mom's veil, and they steamed it and stored it for us the weeks leading up to the wedding. This is by far the best bridal shop in town!

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 Britt F

If you're looking for the perfect wedding dress, I highly recommend Altar Bridal! Dede and the rest of the Altar Bridal staff were so incredibly kind and patient as I tried on endless beautiful gowns. After finally finding THE dress, I was pleasantly surprised with something I... Read More had never envisioned for myself! The Altar ladies made my experience enjoyable, relaxing, and truly helped me find the 'pinterest-perfect' dress!

Cute boutique, Not the best selection

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Amanda A

I brought a few bridesmaids with me. We were placed in a cute, little room. The woman who helped was very attentive. She listened to what I wanted but she didn't have much variety in my budget ($2K).

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Lisa B

We have bought both of my daughters' dresses at Altar. The wedding dresses were unique and beautiful but I have never had anyone that is more helpful, in retail, than Sarah! Everytime we called or met with her she was so sweet and helpful. She's as beautiful as the dresses!

Go To Altar Immediately!

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Brittany B

I am so thankful I stopped into Altar to find my perfect wedding dress! The service was amazing, to say the least. If you haven't met Sara yet, you need to! Sara helped us from the minute we walked into the store until the moment we walked down the aisle. She also made the... Read More adorable flower girl dresses, which everyone absolutely raved about! She went above and beyond her call of duty and not to mention, she's absolutely ADORABLE! The store is all the rage and has the most incredible, class AND trendy wedding dresses. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Ashley S

They have the most amazing employees. Altar Bridal was hands down the best salon I visited. The customer service blew me away. They have an amazing selection of dresses you can't find anywhere else in KC. The salon is clean, updated and bright. The fitting rooms are intimate... Read More with large mirrors. I can't recommend them enough. Thank you, Altar Bridal, for helping me find the perfect dress.

Bridal Dress

Reviewed on 3/26/2015 Nancy N

This store is fabulous. They cater to the bride and make sure the dress is perfect. We had a mishap with the dress, which wasn't Altar Bridals fault, but they took care of us and made it perfect. They went over and beyond. Such a fun staff and personable. This is the place... Read More to get your dress. A variety of styles and prices. Being a small boutique made the experience more special. We just weren't a face.

Beautiful Selection!

Reviewed on 1/22/2015

If you are looking for a dress, this is the place to visit. They have wonderful options for every style and the staff is very friendly!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Andrea M

Save yourself the time and effort of making multiple appointments all over town, and go directly to ALTAR BRIDAL! You can not go wrong with the personal treatment that they give you the minute you walk in the door. As a bride, you go into wedding dress shopping with cautious... Read More optimism (or at least I did). This is the most important day of shopping you will ever do, and with high hopes you want to find the most perfect dress... the one you've been dreaming of wearing since you put your dress-up clothes away the final time in 1st grade. The most comforting part was the listening that happened before dresses were even seen. Dede and her staff first and foremost want to know what is important to YOU. What do you look for, dream of in your wedding gown? And, maybe more importantly, what do you dislike? They're also pretty good at knowing what might fit you well... :) (this is not their first rodeo...) Once we had developed a good understanding of the style and look I was hoping for, they went to work. I know I was one of the lucky one's who find their dress on the first day of looking, and only put on 6 total. But, I honestly think it was because they didn't waste my time making me try every dress in the store, and listened to my style, the style of my wedding, and my budget. Also, although my dress was custom ordered/made, I knew there would be alterations involved once it was here. The alterations were done by Janet at Fine Stitch, who was amazing! She paid the best attention to detail, and made it fit absolutely perfect (and as comfortable as a strapless dress could be..)! Dede and Janet work together, so you don't have to fret who's going to be stitching on your dress after you've grown or shrunk in certain places :) Dede and her staff are always smiling the minute you walk in the door, and willing to find you exactly what you are dreaming of! I have nothing but happy memories of working with Altar Bridal's services, products, and of course my gown and accessories. My wedding was a picture perfect day, and I could not be more thankful that I was confident in my dress and had such great service at Altar Bridal. PS... The accessories are fabulous as well! Do yourself a favor and just deck yourself out from head to toe :) You won't regret it. Oh, and Congrats!

Theia wedding dress of my dreams

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Rachael S

I hate the words "off beat bride" or "non traditional" but that is exactly how I would describe myself. I went through so many ideas of what I wanted to wear for my small beach wedding from a short dress, to pink, to a very specific designer and that is how I landed at Altar.... Read More They were the ONLY salon in the midwest area to carry Sarah Seven, who I had found on instagram and loved the romantic, boho vibe of her designs. The staff at Altar was amazing. The second I walked in they had pulled the Sarah Sevens for me but I still walked around the store and say this ombre, petal Theia gown that I fell in love with. It was the first dress I tried on and I was hooked. Because of finance and family drama (every wedding, duh) there was a delay from when I tried it on (Sept 2013) to when I actually purchased (February 2014). They staff was good with follow up but NEVER pushy. I just got married and the dress was a show stopper. I can't thank Dede and the staff enough!

Beautiful Shop, Magical Experience

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Krystal B

I had a fantastic experience at Altar Bridal and would definitely recommend it to any bride! It is so beautiful in the store which makes the environment even more magical. The ladies are so wonderful and helpful and really listen to what you are looking for but also will make... Read More suggestions based on their experience. I found my dress on my first stop and I only tried on about 10 dresses. The one I ended up choosing was actually one that the girl that was helping me suggested even though it wasn't exactly what I thought I wanted. But it was the one!!

couldn't be a better place to get your gown

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Meghann M

Altar offered the best experience I could have ever asked for in searching for my dress. Sarah H was the first employee I met upon entering. I had actually already been to several bridal shops in St. Louis and purchased a dress there but was having buyers remorse in whether the... Read More dress I purchased was really what I wanted. Altar was extremely inviting, calm, and natural when inquiring as to why I was in the shop. I was honest with my circumstance and they were completely accepting of the fact that I may spend hours trying some things on and not need to buy another gown. They listened attentively, and in a matter of 15 minutes or less I had a dress before me that spoke to me more than any other gown I had seen. Sarah H shared in my overwhelming sense of satisfaction in finding what truly felt like was the dress for me. Each and every time I came back into the shop they greeted me with just as much enthusiasm as the first time. Altar Bridal couldn't be a better shop to work with-the store is intimate, cozy, and yet very modern and chic. I would recommend anyone to their services.

Sara is amazing !

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Jennie S

The service here is top notch and other bridal stores don't even compare in the Kc metro area. Sara Hoosier is the assistant manager and literally helps you through every step of the bridal gown purchase process... Knows you by face and name (not a search in a huge database like... Read More Idas or bridal extraordinaire) and has a personal relationship with the dress vendors !!! I could always call and ask on the status of my dress and they were right there with every last detail. I wouldn't go anywhere else .

Best bridal store in KC

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Brittany J

Sarah made finding my wedding gown the most amazing experience! I was so nervous about finding a gown, as I had never seen a wedding gown that I really liked. I told Sarah what I loved, what I thought was awful, and what I thought was okay. She brought me five dresses that I... Read More immediately fell in love with. I worried that I would not find a dress that I liked, but I found that that was not the case at Altar. As a seven-time bridesmaid, I have done my fair share of bridal gown hunting. The level of professionalism and attentiveness I was shown far exceeded anything I had ever seen in bridal stores. Sarah knew each gown by heart and was able to answer questions about fabrics, colors, and details regarding designers. My mother is very critical of quality of fabrics and alterations, and she was very impressed with Sarah. Sarah was extremely laid back and very supportive and patient while I was making my decision. I never felt pressured or rushed during my appointment. Once I had picked my gown and ordered it, Sarah kept in touch with me to keep me updated on the status of my dress. Once it was in and I tried it on, Sarah tacked on the hem herself when we realized the length didn't need altering (saved me LOTS of money on alterations). Picking up my dress the week before my wedding was a breeze. Altar had it steamed and ready in its garment bag and sent me off with a big hug and well wishes. Since my wedding they have checked in with me to see how everything went. The women at Altar have gone above and beyond all expectations I had for a bridal store. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff at Altar Bridal and the selection of gowns that they have. I would not hesitate to recommend Altar to anyone and everyone. I had an excellent experience and cannot imagine having married my husband in a dress more perfect than what I got at Altar! I absolutely LOVE Altar Bridal!

Amazing Dress - The Perfect Experience

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Lauren F

From the get-go I knew I would love this place. The intimate shop, the beautiful designs, the upscale but accessible vibe all made it wonderful. After trying on a couple dozen dresses in other shops I was specific with Sara with what I wanted, and she was able to make it... Read More happen, finding me a beautiful high-end sample that came in under my budget. After purchasing the dress (!) my experience there got better and better, with the team at Altar quickly responding to my emails or allowing me to come by and try out different accessory options or visit with any bridal party member in town. I had endless questions about spanx and alterations, and I felt like the girls there knew me, were so excited about and always remembered the details of my wedding, and were truly consultants. I visited several bridal shops in my wedding planning process, and by far this was my favorite, most comfortable and fun experience. Thanks Altar! :)

Hands-Down Best Bridal Store in Kansas City!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Caitlin W

I went shopping at Altar shortly after getting engaged and had planned on just getting some ideas. I made the appointment online and had it confirmed almost immediately - it was super easy. After briefly describing what I was thinking to the friendly and welcoming store... Read More manager (her name is Sara and she's AMAZING), she brought out the perfect Monique Lhuillier gown. I knew instantly it was the one. I tried on about 10 more dresses (since I felt like I couldn't possibly have found my dream gown on the first shot), but I ended up buying that first one that day. I was so impressed that Sara had gotten such a good read on my style and personality after only talking to me for 5 or 10 minutes before bringing out some samples. I ended up going back to Altar for a veil and a rehearsal dinner dress, too, and I got both at incredible discounts because the gals at the store called or emailed ahead to let me know that they were having trunk sales for the stuff they knew I was still in the market for. My experience was the perfect amount of personalized service without feeling pressured or overwhelmed. I came away feeling like I could call them for any of my friends in the future and they would drop everything to help however they could. They even contacted me after my wedding to say thank you and to wish me well. I could not have been happier with how it all went. I should mention that I NEVER write reviews for anything - that's how much this meant to me. Every girl's experience with their wedding dress should be as perfect as mine was. Thank you, Altar!

Altar bridal exceeds all expectations !

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Katherine L

My experience at Altar Bridal was amazing from the moment I walked in the door! I was greeted with a smile and warm welcome by Sara the manager. I really enjoyed working with her. Every time I stopped in the store, I felt like I was visiting friends.The team there makes all of... Read More their brides feel like a priority and their customer service is above and beyond. Sara really listened to what I was looking for and was very knowledgeable about all the dress styles, fits and designers.I felt like she really understood what I had in mind because the dresses she pulled were exactly what I had envisioned. There was one dress they didn't have in store but was one by one of the designers Modern Trouseau which they carry.Sara went above and beyond and had a sample dress shipped to the store from the designer just so I could see it in person which ended up being "the one". I purchased the Modern Troseau Wallis Dress and the Modern Touseau Daphne dress, Sara Gabriel belt and veil. They brought out champagne to celebrate and we took pictures. My mom wasn't able to be with me due to living miles apart, so Sara let me take some pictures to send to her so she could be a part of the special moment as well.A nice touch to make the experience feel very special. It's the little things. I can't tell you how many compliments I received on my dresses! It really made me feel beautiful on my wedding day and I absolutely love them! Altar Bridal is exceptional to work with when my dress came in, they transferred it to the tailor Janet at a fine stitch ( she's amazing ) and then shipped it to my wedding destination for me along with recommendations of where to get it steamed in the area. I would highly recommend all future brides to check out Altar Bridal for a special one of a kind wedding dress shopping experience! They have the best gown designers and the service is best in class.

Gorgeous selection and excellent customer service!

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 Brianna M

My experience at Altar Bridal was exceptional! Dede, Sara and the rest of the ladies at Altar are so kind and helpful. After explaining to Sara what I was looking for, I felt like she really understood what I had in mind because the dresses she pulled were exactly what I... Read More had envisioned. Once I decided on "the one" they brought out champagne and we took pictures. A nice touch to make the experience feel very special. I can't tell you how many compliments I received on my dress! It really made me feel like a bride, and I absolutely love it. I also found my shoes (Hey Lady - so comfortable and stylish) and gorgeous earrings (Untamed Petals) there after looking at several other places. Altar Bridal is so easy to work with - once my dress came in, they transferred it to the tailor (who is also wonderful) and then back to the store to steam and pick up. Every time I popped in the store, I felt like I was visiting friends. They make all of their brides feel like a priority and their customer service is excellent. I would highly recommend all future brides to check out Altar Bridal for a special wedding dress shopping experience!

Perfect Experience

Reviewed on 10/10/2014

The decision to get my dress at Altar Bridal was very easy. I knew exactly the dress that I wanted and they were the only ones that had it in the entire STATE! But that did not stop them from giving me the entire bridal experience when I was there. Their shop was so close to my... Read More new house that I thought it was fate. Sara helped me pick out some other dresses to try on, and picked so well that she almost got me to pick a different dress! Their gowns are so beautiful and unique. My mother, aunts, and FATHER even enjoyed the experience. And less that 2 months before my wedding I decided that I needed a belt for my dress, and they helped me try on just about every belt in the store until I found the perfect one. The ladies at Altar Bridal are so wonderful and professional. It was the perfect bridal store, where I got my perfect dress!(Ivy and Aster Anemone)

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 danielle s

Had a great experience. Very flexible. I bought my dress from a trunk show in a different state and they were able to transfer it over and worked really well with me. They were understanding and allowed me to express my bridal vision. Sara is fantastic. And then after my... Read More wedding I find out that most of my outside venders are all bffs-- which I love because they were all so great!

Loved, Loved, Loved!

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Kristen N

This was the first place we went to try on bridal dresses and after visiting many other places we returned to buy my dress, which also happened to be the very first dress I tried on! It was beautiful and perfect! The service here is amazing and it is a great little bouquet. It... Read More was the perfect place to buy my wedding dress. Everyone was very personable and so helpful! We even got a glass of Champagne to celebrate after I said "yes to the dress". Such a cute and fun way to remember the day!

No "exceptional service" here

Reviewed on 8/18/2014

Not exceptional service, and unforgettable for all the wrong reasons. I stumbled upon Altar Bridal after discovering Sarah Seven, a lovely designer with unique wedding dresses. Altar Bridal is the only seller in the region. My mother drove down from Nebraska and the owner... Read More touted how so many people come great distances to this boutique. They scheduled appointments the last business day at the old location. I was one of those appointments. Maybe the owner was stressed from the move. Maybe a lot of the merchandise had already left for the new store. Whatever the case, I received extremely disappointing service all around. As a bride with out of tone guests who was most excited to be there, the owner was clearly not. We were not allowed to take pictures of the wedding dress, which I find to be a silly policy. I can't look back on my options, or see how the silhouettes photograph on my body. The owner pulled about 8 dresses of the same dress, without varying the selection after I and my bridal party were clearly interested in seeing a different styles. Again, perhaps they had other merchandise moved. But they should not have scheduled appointments. My friends and mother who were with me felt uncomfortable with their interactions with the owner as well. She was short, and not warm. I'm not sure that she ever smiled. Not exactly the boutique shopping experience in KC we dreamt. I am happy to see other brides had wonderful experiences here. My experience was just so disappointing I had to share it. As one of the first brides in my friend groups from both Nebraska, KC, COMO, and STL areas, I will be warning many future brides and bride-to-be's to avoid this shop. They deserve a magical day. What a shame.

2014-10-17T17:44:05 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your feedback Kerrie. While tough to stomach it is always good to get the thoughts of brides that come into our store - even the negative ones. I won't respond to each of your comments with an explanation or reason of why we... Read Less Read More

Great Service & Selection

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Bailey A

The staff at Alter made you feel special throughout the entire dress shopping and altering process. They offer a surprisingly wide range of dresses and listened attentively to you as you shopped for the perfect gown. Once your dress was purchased, they maintained a high level of... Read More contact throughout the order and alterations process.

Great little shop

Reviewed on 7/10/2014 Cassie M

We purchased my dress before they relocated. The staff was wonderful, very attentive to our needs and preferences and willing to give us as much time as possible to wear the dress. They were very patient with us and never pressured us into anything. Every time I contacted them... Read More after ordering the dress to check up on status, etc. they were more than willing to help.

TO Altar Bridal