Flower Girl Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Custom Designs

5220 West 116th Place, Leawood, KS

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Rebecca S

I had an amazing experience at Altar Bridal in Leawood. Dede and Sara were both extremely helpful throughout the entire dress search process. I came in with a few ideas for the type of dress I was searching for, but after trying on several, was simply stuck. Dede brought out a... Read More dress that she thought looked like it fit my local wedding venue (and met the other requirements I was looking for), and I INSTANTLY fell in love. She was so helpful and genuinely excited for me once I found "the one." Sara helped throughout the rest of the process, from fittings to jewelry to dress preservation. I couldn't have asked for a better experience or more helpful staff. If you are looking for a great place to find your wedding dress, this is the right place! It is clean and cozy, and the people are just fantastic. They give you lots of one-on-one attention and support. I'd highly recommend Altar Bridal!!

2016-09-06T17:22:50 Response from the vendor

Oh my goodness! We had such a great time assisting you in finding your perfect gown. Your dress was gorgeous, unique and definitely perfect for your venue. Thanks so much for allowing us to take part in your day.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Andrea H

I can't speak highly enough of Altar Bridal. On the day I was scheduled to look for dresses, I had appointments at several salons. I had sent Pinterest boards of styles I liked to each to see if they could pre-pull anything, and Altar was the only one that delivered. When I... Read More arrived, they had dresses chosen for me based on my style, including the one I eventually purchased. While all the other appointments ended in tears and confusion, Sara and Meredith understood exactly what I wanted. Once the dress was purchased, they were with me every step of the way, always checking up in with me about next steps and answering my questions with genuine care. I love Altar Bridal!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Libby H

Meredith was awesome to work with. She took the time to listen and understand what my vision was for my dress, and helped me find the perfect dress. The store has a very intimate setting, which aids in the overall feeling that the people there truly care about you and what you... Read More want for your special day. I never once felt pressure to buy. Highly recommend!!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Carolyn K

I wish I could get married once a year so I could buy wedding dresses from them all the time! I had a wonderful experience at Altar Bridal, and you cannot find a better place to say yes to the dress! I met with Sarah, who was super kind and an absolute delight to work with.... Read More Within my first consultation she had selected a handful of dresses, based on my description of my dream dress. She did a great job listening to what I had envisioned, and I had a great selection for the first consultation. It's almost hard to imagine a dress on you, especially after having spent God knows how many hours on pinterest! But within the first meeting, I had a great selection of gowns to choose and compare. The dress I tried on in the first consultation was the one, although I wasn't 100% sure when I first tried it on. Sarah assured me that since I was almost a year out from my wedding that I had time to reflect on it. She wasn't trying to get me to buy something right away, or to get a sale like a lot of consultants do. I came back for a second consultation where I revisited that dress, among others. I was able to to come to the conclusion on my own that the dress I had tried on was "the one." I couldn't have made that decision without Sarah. Sarah was very kind and very thoughtful throughout the process. She guided me through all the possible options and discussed alterations with each dress. She is very good about listening to what you like so that you can find the dress that you will love forever and smile over when you look at your photos. The whole time I was there, I felt very well taken care of. Dress shopping can be overwhelming, and Sarah took great care of me in those consultations. I found the dress I said yes to, and could not be more thrilled! Dress shopping can be exhausting, but I was amazed with how effortlessly Altar Bridal takes care of their brides. The store is gorgeous, and they have a great selection of dresses, and a wonderful staff who takes care of you. I'll definitely be back again to check out those cute little flower girl dresses I saw, and I'm definitely directing my girlfriend's their way! As a bride-to-be, planning a wedding can be chaos and stressful. Treat yourself to Altar Bridal!

2016-10-13T12:57:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for all of your kind words and a huge congratulations on finding your perfect gown! We are so excited to be a part of your big day and continue to see all of your wedding day details come together. Happy planning!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Sarah D

I could not have asked for a better experience finding my wedding gown! Altar Bridal has a gorgeous selection of gowns and their staff are knowledgeable and friendly. The highlight of my experience with Altar was their owner, Dede. She made me feel like the most beautiful... Read More bride-to-be she'd ever seen when I first visited her store. I had certain details I was looking for - lace, keyhole back, not strapless. Dede didn't even miss a beat - she said, 'I have the perfect dress for you, but let's try on a few others first, just to be sure.' I tried on a few, that were beautiful but just not 'the one', before finally trying on the Augusta Jones that she had in mind. It was everything I was looking for and more! She knew my vision down to the smallest details. When I went in the week of my wedding to pick up my gown, the excitement she showed me was like that I'd expect from an old friend! She is a beautiful person inside and out. Altar was easy to work with every step of the way, helping me make some custom alterations to the gown and then referring me to a top notch tailor for my final fittings. In the end, my gown was absolutely perfect. Thank you Dede, and all your wonderful gals at Altar, for making my experience even better than I could have hoped for, and for making me feel like a showstopper on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Gretchen R

Can't even rate this store, because the salesperson (Sara) wouldn't allow me to try on a dress because closing time was coming up in 45 minutes. This was my first experience dress shopping, and we had even discussed coming in to try dresses on last-minute before I drove 45... Read More minutes to Altar Bridal. The store was completely empty, and her rationale was that she'd have to answer the phone if anyone called... Although the dresses there are beautiful, the care I received there was a major disappointment!

2016-10-11T14:04:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback Gretchen. We are certainly sorry that you did not feel cared for. Please know our inability to accommodate a last minute appointment at the end of our business day was not meant to offend you in any way, but instead... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Katharine W

Altar bridal had the perfect dress for me. I received so many emphatic compliments on the dress throughout the day and night of my wedding. Beyond the beautiful Augusta Jones gown and Sara Gabriel accessory I found at Altar, the Altar staff has been so helpful throughout the... Read More entire wedding planning process. I first went to Altar Bridal because they were having a sample sale. I had a vague idea of what I wanted; I had a better idea of what I didn't want. My mindset walking into the sample sale was just to get a feel for what was out there. Even though the store was filled with people, I still received quality, one-on-one attention. I walked out that day having said, "Yes," to the dress! In the window was a beautiful Sara Gabriel Tulle skirt, which was the perfect accessory to layer on top of my dress, particularly since I didn't want a veil. Purchasing the gown was simple and they did all the work coordinating the tailoring with Fine Stitch tailoring (which is also awesome). I just had to show up to the appointments. After my final tailoring appointment, my gown was sent back to Altar for final pressing. All I had to do was pick it up the day before all the wedding festivities began. Then, after getting married, I received a congratulations email and a hand-written postcard in the mail. They also followed up with me about a company they use for gown cleaning and preservation. Again, they will take care of all of that for me as well. I just can't thank Altar enough for all of their help taking items off of my checklist and providing me with such a breathtaking look for my wedding.

2016-10-13T13:01:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much and congratulations on your happy marriage. We so enjoyed getting the opportunity to assist you throughout your wedding planning process; don't forget to send some of those gorgeous photos our way. We can't wait to see you in that beautiful gown... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Karlie E

I would recommend Altar Bridal to any of my friends. I worked with Dede and she was incredibly helpful. Altar was the first salon I went to and I came in thinking I wanted one thing and decided after trying on a few dresses that I didn't like those styles on me. Dede pulled... Read More some dresses I wouldn't have pulled for myself and I'm so glad she did! This was an all over amazing experience- they seriously went above and beyond my expectations and made me feel so comfortable.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Kari B

I found my perfect dress at Altar Bridal! I live in St. Louis and drove to Leawood for an Anna Campbell trunk show. The options they have are so different from anywhere else I had visited and the environment there is so welcoming and calm. Sara was so sweet and gave me the... Read More perfect amount of advice and space to make my decision. I am the happiest bride! Thank you so much!

2016-10-13T13:13:01 Response from the vendor

We are so happy you drove from St. Louis to find your perfect gown! You are a perfect Anna Campbell bride and we loved getting the opportunity to help you along the way. Thanks for sending those amazing photos to us and we can't wait... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Katie S

I absolutely love this place! The store has a boutique-y atmosphere with a beautiful selection of dresses and the staff are super personable and helpful. I worked with Sara who was wonderful! She helped me find a dress that fit me well and included everything on my wedding... Read More dress wish list. I also was able to get my veil and earrings from the store with her help; she really has an eye for things, and I loved my wedding day look so so much! Communicating with them was easy. After my wedding I dropped my dress off and they sent it to get cleaned which made things simple for me. Compared to other stores this staff is well above average, they are genuine and honest and the stores selection felt more unique than others I had visited. I hands-down recommend all brides to go here! Thank you Alter Bridal!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Tori M

Nothing but positive things to say about Altar Bridal! I went to a few shops in the area when looking for my dress and Altar was by far the best. Dede and Sara are incredibly sweet and helpful. Outstanding customer service!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016

You cannot find a better store or a better person to work with than Sara and all of the girls at Alter. The store itself is adorable and the dresses are simply stunning. There is truly no other store in Kansas City that has dresses like Altar. They have a great variety and I... Read More was so surprised to find so many dresses I liked. If you want to find "the one"I suggest going straight to Altar.

2016-09-10T11:57:16 Response from the vendor

You are so kind! We are so excited to get to work with you. Congratulations on finding your perfect gown!!

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Haley V

I absolutely love Altar Bridal. The shop itself is stunning. Meredith was exceptional. I shared a few inspiration photos with her and she brought back several dresses that I loved. Within those dresses was "the one". She was incredibly knowledgeable about the different... Read More materials, laces, silhouettes, etc. The level of professionalism and hospitality that Altar Bridal provides is second to none. I highly recommend Altar Bridal for a perfect wedding dress shopping experience.

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Sara H

I had such an amazing experience at Altar. I especially appreciated how accommodating and kind the staff was each time I was there. I called ahead of time to let them know my parents would be with me and that my dad was ill and it was important to me that my parents were a big... Read More part of the day. My dad was also in a wheelchair and the store was accessible and comfortable for him. My parents and I had a wonderful time and found the dress together. Although my dad passed away two weeks before our wedding, I found such comfort in knowing that he and my mom helped me pick out my dress. I'm forever grateful for Altar and their staff for making that day such a special moment for the three of us. Thank you!

2016-09-10T11:59:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for being such a sweet bride and so great to work with. We are truly honored that we got to play a role in such a special moment in your life. We wish you and your husband the very best! Please... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Jennifer D

We looked at several places to find my dress for my big day and we had one last appointment, which was here. I am so glad I didn’t settle for one before this because I found the perfect one! It was such a pleasant experience and they accommodated my group so well! They had a... Read More great tailor that they recommended and it turned out so perfect! They followed up with emails regarding the fittings and the wedding which I thought was so nice. I would highly recommend this place to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Emily B

Sara and the entire staff at the Altar we absolutely AMAZING! I visited several other bridal stores before I went to the Altar, and was feeling discouraged. After spending a few minutes with Sara, I instantly knew I would find the perfect dress for my big day! Not only did I... Read More find my dress, Sara contacted the designer to help me find the perfect veil and accessories. The entire process, from choosing the dress, to fittings, and final pick up was flawless. I can only say fabulous things about this bridal store.

2016-08-26T15:37:53 Response from the vendor

It was our pleasure! We had such a great time working with you and I can't wait to see just how amazing your veil looked with your dress. All the best!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Hannah H

I would recommend Altar Bridal again and again! The girls are so welcoming there while going above and beyond! My seamstress at a location out of town forgot to add my bustle and Altar Bridal girls didn't hesitate to offer to add a quick stitch on my dress to help me out! I... Read More never felt judged when trying my dress on because I was pregnant and man did I feel big! Haha. I can only wish to relive my wedding over and over again just to have the same experiences again. They really made my day extra special.

2016-08-25T13:23:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your sweet review! It was such a pleasure getting to know you during this exciting time and making your wedding day dreams come true. Be sure to stop by the next time you're in town!

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 Ruthie F

I had the best experience at Altar Bridal! I've been a big fan of wedding dresses and have been to many salons with friends and family and at Altar Bridal they made the whole process a breeze! I thought trying on dresses was going to be overwhelming and full of pressure so... Read More wasn't planning on purchasing because it was the first salon on my list. But this experience was anything but overwhelming! I enjoyed every moment and bought the dress of my dreams! I was so happy! Even after purchasing I still felt taken care of with coupons and how they held onto the dress till the wedding date! I would also like to give a shout out the the alterations company that they recommend because they did a wonderful job!

2016-09-06T17:24:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! You chose such an amazing gown and you looked gorgeous on your wedding day. Thank you again for being such a sweet bride to work with during this exciting time.

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Michele K

I had been to three other stores before I went to Altar Bridal, and from the moment I stepped into the store, I knew it was different from all the others. Sara is so fantastic. I cannot say enough about her and the store. I told her what I had in mind, and she brought in several... Read More dresses that were exactly what I was looking for, including the one! The two bridesmaids I brought with me said they're not going anywhere but Altar when they start looking for their dresses. Sara was such a pleasure to work with from start to finish. Altar takes care of everything, including sending the dress to and from alterations and getting it preserved! I am so happy I had the opportunity to work with Altar and get my beautiful dress there!

2016-08-25T11:22:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the sweet review! We enjoyed every minute of working with you and wish you all the best. Don't forget to stop in and see us when you're in the area.

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Lauren P

Beautiful store, convenient location in Leawood, amazing customer service, and so professional! I was called by Sara before my wedding with a reminder to pick up my veil. I had completely forgotten! I adored my Augusta Jones wedding gown and got it at a great price.

2016-10-13T13:15:22 Response from the vendor

We hope married life has been the best! Thank you for your kind words- you were such a gorgeous bride. And of course we would have never let you forget that beautiful veil. Thanks again for being such a great bride to work with.

Reviewed on 3/13/2016 Shaia M

It was a pleasure to work with Meredith. She may dress shopping so simple, easy and fun. She made sure to take all of my feelings in the consideration and make my family feel a part of the action. I've been to other bridal salons and this by far was the best experience ever! I... Read More am so pleased to have found "The Dress" at Altar Bridal!

2016-08-25T13:21:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your sweet review! We are so excited to be working with you during this exciting time!

Reviewed on 2/09/2016 Betsy E

Altar Bridal was so wonderful throughout the whole process of finding a dress. My mom and I went dress shopping together early on in our wedding planning and were both completely blown away by the hospitality and welcome we received from Sara at Altar. She was so on top of... Read More everything and so reliable. We really felt like she took the time to get to know us and remember even the smallest details about our wedding! I would never go anywhere else!

Wedding Dress

Reviewed on 1/12/2016 Antonette G

I loved Altar Bridal! They had the most beautiful dresses to choose from, it was hard to pick. The staff is so kind, friendly, and professional. I would highly recommend using Altar Bridal to find your perfect dress for the big day!

Beautiful, classy, and unique dresses!

Reviewed on 12/24/2015 Jessica F

I absolutely love everything about Altar Bridal – the service, people, facility, and gowns. For my wedding, I was looking for a unique dress. I knew I did not want a strapless dress. The first store we went to (not Altar Bridal), everything was strapless, which had me feeling... Read More a little bit bummed. As we were walking in to store number two (Altar Bridal), I looked at the mannequins, looked at my mom, and I said, “This is the place.” Altar Bridal has unbelievably beautiful, classy, and unique dresses. I worked with Sara, and she was fantastic! She was so sweet, genuine, and made every step of the dress process fun. I told her that I wanted a dress that was lacey, had sleeves, and an open back. Sara pulled a couple of dresses that were 100% my style and were exactly what I was looking for. I could not have imagined a more perfect dress. Altar Bridal was always so accommodating too. I bought a couple of different pieces of jewelry, and Sara let me bring the jewelry by and try it on with the sample dress. She was willing to take time out of her day to help me put my look together, including a color for bridesmaid dresses that would go well with the undertone of my dress. I felt absolutely gorgeous on my wedding day, and I definitely have Sara and Altar Bridal to thank. Make an appointment with Altar Bridal, you won’t regret it and you will get to meet and work with some pretty awesome people!

Reviewed on 12/23/2015 Libby S

They were warm and welcoming from the moment myself and my party of 5 walked in the door. We were offered water, and taken to a private dressing room where they could even do a big reveal. They were happy to have us there and excited! The show rooms is small but well lit and... Read More bright, super easy transaction too once I said "yes to the dress". :)

Start a Conversation!