Three of Columbus' most unique wedding venues

We pair fine food with a sophisticated, urban aesthetic. With fantastic views of downtown and exposed brick walls, polished concrete floors and steel beams, our spaces make for one of the most unique experiences in town. Juniper, our newest rooftop space, offers an unrivaled experience of the Columbus skyline and night sky with its panoramic, glass rooftop.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Loft, Tented

Food + Catering, Planning

580 North Fourth Street, Columbus, OH (614) 464-9999

Absolute Perfection

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Jena

When we first started wedding planning, the original plan was a home-grown outdoor ceremony/reception. An insistent grandmother led us to find a relaxed venue with a coordinator who could assist with all of our needs. Choosing dock580 as our venue was the absolute best... Read More wedding-related decision we made (close second: Re Ryznar with The Flour Pot Cakes in Hilliard for our dessert table, omg). We booked our September 2015 wedding in March 2014 – it’s a popular place for a reason, everything is coordinated flawlessly and the food is perfection. Ours was in The Venue - we had around 80 guests (I believe it holds up to 180, we were incredibly comfortable in the space with our lower number); I have friends who’ve been married or been guests in The Loft (a slightly larger space) who’ve had an equally amazing experience. Those who choose the buffet option participate in a group tasting event with around 10 other couples whose tables are set in their chosen linens and everyone’s food choices are available to try in a buffet setting. If there was a separate request, it was made specifically for each couple’s table. We went with fried chicken, beef brisket, slow-cooked green beans, baked mac’n’cheese, and corn bread with honey butter. One of the most seasoned wedding guests told my parents he’s been to more weddings than he can count and it was hands-down the best wedding food he’d ever eaten. Although I only nibbled the night of, I can vouch that the leftovers in the to-go box our coordinator made for us were still phenomenal. In terms of working with the venue, Tiahna was our coordinator and she was ON IT. We met a few times throughout the process and our detailed proposal was continually updated up through the last week as I sent minor changes (anything from linen colors to RSVP crises). More than anything, Tiahna was genuine and honest with me and I had complete trust in her and her team. I even had a job interview 10 days before the wedding and she sent me a separate good luck email; it was a small gesture that meant so much. The service from the staff during the wedding was spot-on. We were fortunate to have one of the servers we met during our tasting and he went above and beyond to make sure we were consistently good-to-go throughout the evening. At one point he went up to my husband and laughingly said we weren’t allowed to go up to the bar and that we were to tell him if/when we needed anything so we could focus on our families, friends, and dancing : ) Cost-wise we truthfully probably spent the same amount as we would have with a tent wedding somewhere and having to bring in each individual vendor. dock580 is all-inclusive (venue, tables/chairs, dinner and drinkware, linens, cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres, dinner, set-up/clean-up, and day-of venue coordinator) with opportunities for upgrades. We brought in alcohol and desserts. Being able to rest easy knowing that everything was taken care of at the venue was priceless while planning. If you are looking for a unique venue, stellar food, and exceptional service, it is worth the wait to have your wedding at dock580. Every interaction for us was positive and our guests loved the experience. A million thanks to dock580 (especially Tiahna!) for providing us with a flawless event that let my husband and I focus on each other and those who celebrated with us.

Reviewed on 6/11/2015 Beth R

The Dock580 has the perfect combination of beautiful space and phenomenal customer service. Tiahna was our wedding coordinator and she pulled out all the stops. She was attentive, thoughtful and most importantly- knew the venue and her staff inside and out. She was always... Read More prepared with solutions for any situation that popped up (and with the weather at the end of April 2015, there were a few that no one could have predicted). The highest compliment I can give is to say that by the home stretch of planning my husband and I felt completely comfortable trusting all last minute decisions to Tiahna. We knew she understood us and what we wanted and she went above and beyond for us as did her staff. Leading up to the wedding, they had thought of everything and helped us keep track of all the details and by the end of the night they had packed up all of our stuff, had it on carts ready to go and loaded our cars up. (They even had a goodie bag of desserts for my husband and I since they noticed we had been too busy dancing to enjoy our dessert table!) It was the perfect night despite many factors outside of anyone's control and we owe a lot of that to the Dock580 and their staff . The space Absolutely beautiful. My favorite part about the Dock580 was that you can dress it up, dress it down or do nothing at all and it will look gorgeous whatever you decide. There is a covered outside area too get some air/chat with guests while the party raves inside. It has everything I wanted as a bride and the way they put the package together for pricing was perfect. Everything I needed for one price with the option to upgrade certain areas as needed. Easy and relatively painless. I had a wedding with about 130 people total at the end of April. Who would have thought that at the end of April it would be cold enough that we would have to change the floor plan last minute and have the bar inside instead of out! Yet even with the change the Dock580 still fit all of our guests with some room to spare. Thank you Tiahna and Dock580 for making it a beautiful night we will always remember.

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 2/21/2015 Lauren P

We had our ceremony and reception at the Loft. We couldn't be happier about how perfect our wedding was and we received so many compliments about the venue from our guests. Dock580 made the entire process of wedding planning go very smoothly. From the beginning, everything was... Read More so organized. We were given lists with all of the decisions I would need to work on as well as the dates they were due. They also allowed us to return multiple times to view the layout and the decorations. (They have holiday decorations up during the whole month of December). We worked with Abby throughout the whole process and she was also our day-of coordinator. Abby was absolutely wonderful on the day of our wedding. She even dressed to match our colors, which was such a nice touch. Throughout the day she made sure that everything went smoothly and according to the plans we had discussed. Some of our favorite aspects of Dock580 that made it a perfect and unique venue for us included: -The layout of the Loft. We loved being able to have everything at one location with the availability to flip the room. The opening in the upstairs where you can look down is cool too. -The look of the Loft. We love the exposed brick. -Bring your own alcohol. This is something that a lot of other venues we visited did not offer. At those other locations prices of alcohol added up quickly. It was nice to have the freedom to select exactly what we wanted without having to pay multiple up charges to customize. Also, anything that wasn't used was ours to take home. -Price. Dock580 is priced per guest. There isn't a venue fee or other service fees tacked on. There is a base price that you can upgrade with different appetizers and dinner options. -The Food. Dock580 has in house catering. We decided to go with stations and so we came up with themes and Abby worked to build a menu with us. Our tasting was fantastic and we loved everything. We had so many compliments from our guests about how tasty everything was. Overall, we absolutely loved everything about our wedding and wouldn't change a thing. Everything went exactly as planned and it was beautiful. We highly recommend Dock580!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Lara B

Overall, this was a perfect venue for our wedding reception! We had our reception at The Venue Pro's/ Why we loved it: Awesome view of the city. The food tasting was a lot of fun. Great responsiveness with coordinators. Bring in your own alcohol and dessert. So much... Read More included in the price- such as linens, staffing, etc... Decent food. Well maintained venue. Con's/ Things that didn't go right: We originally scheduled the tent, being told we could cancel it and lose the money. When we saw the weather was going to be perfect, we wanted to cancel two days before and both the coordinator and general manager were rude about letting us do so- knowing that we were not expecting our money back from it. Very rude to my mother. Be sure your expectations are very clear with the. Food was very salty. They also just completely forgot to serve us champagne during the toasts like they were told to do. Turnover there happens a lot. I had three coordinators in my span of working with them.

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Erika C

If you're getting married your must go to Dock580. They took care of everything! For years I've heard of the horrors of planning a wedding and how stressful it is on the bride and groom, but the crew at Dock580 made it so easy. All we had to do was show up for the tastings and... Read More have a couple of meetings with our coordinator and we were done. They knew how to handle all the deliveries from all the other vendors, all catering is done in-house, and all the staff is in house as well. This made it so easy for us during the planning process. Our wedding coordinator, Leanne, made sure we had everything we needed and that we had a fun and relaxed wedding day. Thank you to everyone at Dock580, especially Leanne, for making our wedding day so fantastic!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Tarrah D

I knew actually that I wanted to get married here well before I was engaged. You can't beat the rustic look, the city-view and the rave food reviews. My husband and I got married in the venue. We had our ceremony outside on the terrace overlooking downtown. It was perfect. One... Read More of the major perks with Dock 580 is the ability to bring your own alcohol. You save hundreds (if not more)...we made the mistake of underestimating how much liquor and beer we would need. Our coordinator provided us a calculator, so I would recommend you err UP on the side of caution. We had a long engagement (2 years) and worked with Emily most of the time. She ended up getting another job and we were given a new coordinator LaGina. At first, we were concerned because we had spent a long time going over decisions and details with Emily. But fear not, LaGina jumped right in with positivity and willingness to catch up. She handled everything beautifully and we had no reason to worry whatsoever. The day of, we actually had both her and Libbie. Libbie was the sweetest. We had an issue with my brother (groomsman) getting stuck in traffic picking up his 1 year old daughter and instead of freaking me out with the news, they handled it. They were so calm and gracious and constantly checked in with me and made sure I had 0 to worry about. They were wonderful. We served our guests the fried chicken breast, pork chile verde, cheddar mashed potatoes, mac and and cheese, and roasted vegetables. I think half our guests went up for 3rds. It was delicious! I wish I could've eaten more, but my dress wasn't having it :) Everything went so smoothly and was just so beautiful. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Lauren C

Dock 580 was the perfect place for the biggest day of our lives. The Venue was where we picked to have our reception, and the vibe fit our personalities. Every guest could not stop commenting on how everything went so well, so perfect. First, I wanted to commend the staff:... Read More bartenders, servers, all the crew for doing such a splendid job. My husband and I kept chatting with the bartenders the entire night, and loved the interactions they made with our guests. The management team was also so pleasant to work with, and was willing to work with us. Lastly, our planners LaGina and Emma did an amazing job making sure everything went perfect. They were there at every moment and did not miss a beat. They were responsible for making our night the best night of our lives. Dock 580 is worth it! You get what you pay for: amazing food, attention to details, great staff, flexibility of bringing your own alcohol, and a quality venue. Not to mention, we got to see Red, White and Boom fireworks from their patio. Thank you so much Dock 580. You guys were truly exceptional. Lauren & Josh

Reviewed on 7/16/2017

We had such a great experience at Dock 580! Leanne and Jay went above and beyond to make sure that everything during the event ran seamlessly. We unfortunately had 3 total wedding coordinators throughout the process but you wouldn't know it because the transitions were smooth.... Read More Leanne was great with answering questions and was always available for any help or questions we had. Jay (the manager) was also great. He made sure to be at the event to ensure it ran the way we intended it to. The only snag we ran into was constantly seeing "Bride and Groom", and as a same sex couple we found that a bit irritating, however Leanne made sure to make changes to any forms that had that language for future events. Beautiful venue with a great staff. My husband and I were beyond thrilled with the level of service we got as were our friends and families. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Stephanie B

I hate leaving negative reviews, but I regret giving dock580 our business. I read every review before booking & was confident in my decision. The reception was beautiful, but it was feedback from guests after our event that really upset us. The following is a short explanation... Read More of some frustrations from whole process. There were many details/complaints omitted due to The Knot’s character-limits. 1. At tasting, be prepared that meal selections are subject to the chef’s approval. It was never explained that some sides were not allowed to be paired w/ certain entrees or other sides. I also could not believe dock580 was not willing to change something as minor as the butter. I asked if we could do honey butter instead of herb butter w/ the bread and they were unwilling to work with us. 2. On all paperwork it said kids under 3 are free. We found out at final meeting that they are only free if they don’t need their own meal but if they do there is a fee. 3. We were always told if it is >55 degrees that bar & cocktail hour will be outside. We weren't told that they use the daily low, not the hourly high. I wish this was explained so that I wouldn't have had my heart set on an outdoor cocktail hour. 4. Based on our #s, our cake baker said in addition to top tier, we should have had entire 2nd tier to take home…but we had no leftovers besides top tier. Our baker said we are the 3rd client of hers w/ huge cakes at dock580 that didn't have leftovers but should've had plenty. My mom called the GM Jay after our event to ask if something happened. He was rude, stating he knew for a fact that we were sent home w/ two boxes of cake...wrong! 5. Many guests said they waited forever for their food & that dirty dinner plates took way too long to be cleared, so it seems dock580 was understaffed. However, cake was cleared from guest tables too quickly. Some guests had 2 bites if any, went to use restroom or dance, & came back a few minutes later to find it was gone. 6. On our contract it says “Set-up, tear down & clean up period are outside of the Client’s party time.” However, they began clearing our centerpieces/decor well before our end-time, so we felt rushed. 7. A friend told me a server kept delivering entire bottles of wine to her table saying “I’m not supposed to do this, so don’t tell anyone!” This is not the kind of service we paid for. 8. A relative has 6-month old who threw up a little. When she asked if she could have some napkins & bottle of water to help clean him, the waiter said “I’m not sure. I will have to check.” A few minutes later, someone came & whispered “Here, but you CANNOT let anyone know where you got this from!” I am embarrassed that a guest was treated this way. 9. They encourage you to pay gratuity w/ final payment, but I recommend waiting to see the level of service/respect you & your guests receive. A few weeks after our event, I got an email from Jay asking when he can expect to receive our gratuity. We were still learning things from guests & deciding what amount we were comfortable with. I find it unprofessional that we were asked “Is there a time frame we might expect it?” instead of something like “We have not yet received any gratuity for your event. I wanted to personally reach out to you to make ensure you were satisfied w/ the service you received & if not, to address any concerns you may have.” I sent a long reply to Jay explaining our disappointment in great detail. A month has passed and no response.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Kelly B

Dock 580 was the first and only venue we looked at when we started planning our wedding. From the moment we saw it we knew we wanted our wedding there. And they did not disappoint. Emily was our planner and did a fantastic job. She was so thorough, friendly and helpful. She... Read More really helped me bring our ideas alive and the day went off without a hitch. I couldn't recommend dock 580 enough.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Samantha R

Dock 580 exceeded our expectations and I would recommend this Venue in a heartbeat! We were married at The Loft on 5/13/17 and had both our ceremony and reception there. Everything from the coordinating (shout out to coordinator Emily Gneiser for being soo helpful, quick to... Read More respond to my questions, organized and caring) to the delicious food, to being able to supply your own alcohol and the guidance was absolutely wonderful. The Venue size was perfect for our guest count (160) and the two level space made for such a fun party space. I wish I could do it all over again! We received so many compliments from our guests and we could not be happier we chose Dock 580 for such an important day in our lives.

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Molly T

Dock 580 was the venue that stood out to me when I first started wedding planning, and I was thrilled when we were able to book it for our December 30th, 2016 Friday wedding. Tiahna was very on top of things and quick to respond to our questions. She was great the day of the... Read More wedding and really catered to us. We loved the intimate vibe of the wedding and the brick and lights add a really urban charming touch. Food was amazing and we got so many compliments on it!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Andrea D

Dock 580 exceeded our expectations time and time again. They were so flexible and were happy to work within our budget. Courtney was absolutely incredible. I loved working with her! She is so kind and calm. Thank you to their entire team for the perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Katharine I

Dock 580 was a great decision my husband and I made for our wedding day!! The venue has character, charm, and a wonderful staff to help make your big day everything you want it to be. One of the best parts of choosing Dock 580 was our coordinator, Emily. We truly would've been... Read More lost without her! She was organized, attentive, and extremely helpful throughout the entire process. We can't thank the staff enough for setting up our wedding, being attentive to our guests, and running the wedding so well. Not only do we have nothing but good things to say about Dock 580, each of our vendors that we worked with had wonderful things to say, too. Without a doubt, we recommend Dock 580 for your wedding!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Andrea K

We got married on March 12, 2016 and it was by far the best day of my life to date! Emily, our coordinator was simply perfect and I felt like I had nothing to worry about throughout the entire process. We had both our ceremony and reception at the Loft and the quick turnaround... Read More from ceremony to dinner and dancing was really convenient for our guests. I really can't stress how awesome this venue is and how much they take care of for you. I loved being able to enjoy just being engaged and getting married without the added stress that often comes with wedding planning. Definitely a venue that I would recommend to all brides and grooms looking to get married in Columbus!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Audrey S

The staff at dock 580 made our wedding so easy and wonderful. We had a potentially big problem when our officiant didn't show up, but Tiahna and Mary sprung into action. They had a list of officiants and started making calls. They got someone else there and the ceremony started... Read More only 10 minutes late. They were very helpful in planning, telling us what works, and what they can do. And they let you bring your own alcohol, which is a huge money saver! The venue was absolutely beautiful with all the lights on. They made the whole process so easy and fun, I can't imagine having been married anywhere else!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Staci S

We had both our ceremony and reception at dock580 in March and we are so happy we did! We had lined up a few venues to look at, but stopped looking after we toured The Venue. It was a wonderful experience from start to finish. Emily was our coordinator and we could not have... Read More made it without her; she was very organized, extremely helpful, and made sure the day ran smoothly. She also helped to give us helpful tips and ideas if we ever got stuck, given all of the options that dock580 has to offer. They also have in house catering, which was amazing--I don't think you would go wrong with any of the food. It is nice, though, that they also give you ideas of what foods pair well together. And, because we had a fair number of children at our wedding, it was nice that there was a real child's meal option that also tasted good. The staff the day of the wedding were also knowledgeable and helpful. We still get compliments about dock580 from our guests and we still get excited when we drive past it heading downtown. I was very overwhelmed with the whole wedding planning process, but we were truly in good hands with dock580 (and Emily); I don't know that we would have been as happy or felt as comfortable anywhere else. I would highly recommend dock580 to anyone! Thank you for a wonderful day and the memories!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Alex G

We got married in July at the Dock 580: The Venue. The Venue provided both outdoor and indoor space which was what sold us on this location. Our guest got to pick between spending time inside dancing the night away, playing lawn games in the court yard, or enjoying the cool... Read More summer breeze on the terrace. Not only is the venue beautiful and overlook the Columbus skyline, the staff, food, and service goes above and beyond expectations. We planned our wedding from out of state and our coordinator, Emily, always made time for us when we were in town. We had a few concerns with our wedding falling on a holiday weekend but these were quickly addressed/resolved by the staff and we had no issues. If you are looking for a venue with a lot of character, great location, and amazing food the Dock 580 is your place.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Erin P

Dock 580 was a fabulous venue. We had mostly out of town guests and they were super impressed. Great location close to short north. Emily was our coordinator and she was amazing! She guided me through the whole process and helped make the whole day go smoothly. The day of- I... Read More worried about nothing except getting pretty! I knew all the details were being taken care of. I would recommend to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016

We recently had our wedding and reception at dock580 and it was wonderful. I can honestly say this was one of the best days of my life. Our wedding coordinator made the experience super easy and was so organized. The food was excellent and the space is beautiful. All our guests... Read More had a great time. The day of our wedding the staff was professional, extremely nice and helpful. I would highly recommend dock580 to anyone looking for a great wedding venue. You will not regret it. I know me and my husband were very happy with our experience.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Nick K

We are so happy with chose Dock 580 for our wedding. They were so helpful along the way and our coordinator, Tiahna was amazing! She was so responsive and patient with all of our questions, we were very grateful to have her as a resource. The location was perfect as well.... Read More Not only was the reception fun, but it was a great place for photos. We highly recommend Dock 580 based on the great service, value, and beautiful location they provide.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Shannon T

I'm so happy I chose Dock 580 as our wedding venue! I didn't want a typical country-club wedding, and Dock 580 has a very unique quality that made the perfect backdrop for my vision of a simple, elegant wedding. Tiahna was our coordinator, and she is fantastic! She definitely... Read More knows what she's doing, and I felt so confident that she'd make sure everything would go smoothly - and it did! I didn't know a whole lot about weddings going in to our first consultation, but she went over so many details, I knew that nothing would be overlooked. They are almost a full-service venue, so the food (except the cake), the non-alcoholic drinks, tables/chairs and linens are all included, with a selection of add-ons available. That made everything so easy and convenient. We chose 'The Venue' as our location, and we had the ceremony out in the adjoining courtyard. It actually rained for a couple minutes right before the ceremony started, but after the rain passed, the staff quickly wiped off the chairs and got everything rolling again with only a minor delay. The food tasted excellent! We went with a more casual hors d'oeuvres style reception, and everyone raved about how good it was (the lamb chops were a big hit)! And the staff was all great - they were professional, efficient, and attentive (without being in the way). They quickly got everything (the flowers, leftover cake and alcohol, and decorations) packed up and ready to put in the cars at the end of the night. It was such a wonderful evening, and I know our guests really enjoyed themselves! I highly recommend this venue if you're looking for a unique, but still classy, location for your wedding!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Kevin W

What an awesome space and an even better team! From our first contact to the actual event, everyone was very professional and very accommodating with our schedule. We planned the wedding from another state and they made sure they had someone available when we were in Columbus... Read More and wanted to see the space for the first time and for calls to ask questions or for our meetings with Courtney once we started the planning. The staff the night of the wedding and reception were so efficient that we never had to seek them out for anything, plus they checked in on a regular basis to make sure we didn't need anything just in case... The space is beautiful, with a lot of old world charm that really came out that night with the lighting they use. Awesome Team, Beautiful Space, Memorable Event!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016

My brother got married at Dock580 and it was just perfect. The venue was gorgeous, exposed brick, white string lights, excellent dance-floor, and the outdoor courtyard was the perfect spot for the wedding ceremony. The wedding planner, Tianna was amazing. Super professional,... Read More funny, accommodating, and most importantly calm. She kept us all in line and comfortable when we were nervous wrecks. The staff was amazing, so friendly and kind. Everything was set up just as the bride wanted and the venue looked amazing on the wedding day. It really relieved so many worries and made everyone so happy. The food was delicious too. After the wedding, the venue boxed up all the gifts/cake/flowers and loaded it into our car. We really couldn't ask for a better staff to help us. What could have been so much work and a total disaster was so smooth and easy. I would recommend this venue to anyone. It's not only gorgeous and unique, but they have the best staff and wedding planner.

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Emily T

My husband and I got married in the Loft last Saturday and could not have more rave reviews about dock580! We were so happy when they had a Saturday date available when we started planning last September because it was the ideal spot for our big day. The whole experience was... Read More phenomenal from start to finish and working with Emily in the planning stages made everything go smoothly the day of and relieved me of any additional stresses. Emily kept us on schedule and even helped out with my bustle when my bridesmaids were having difficulties with it so I could get back to the reception sooner. The venue looked amazing and brought my vision completely together and I had many guests comment on how it was the most unique and awesome venue they had been to for a wedding. Another aspect is the amazing food - the tasting event the dock580 hosts is super helpful in narrowing down the choices and it is by far the best wedding food I have had (and many guests agreed). From the friendly staff to the beautiful aesthetic to the impeccable coordinators, I would highly recommend dock580 and the incredible value and seamless wedding day they can provide.