Three of Columbus' most unique wedding venues

We pair fine food with a sophisticated, urban aesthetic. With fantastic views of downtown and exposed brick walls, polished concrete floors and steel beams, our spaces make for one of the most unique experiences in town. Juniper, our newest rooftop space, offers an unrivaled experience of the Columbus skyline and night sky with its panoramic, glass rooftop.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Loft, Tented

F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

580 North Fourth Street, Columbus, OH (614) 464-9999

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Erika C

If you're getting married your must go to Dock580. They took care of everything! For years I've heard of the horrors of planning a wedding and how stressful it is on the bride and groom, but the crew at Dock580 made it so easy. All we had to do was show up for the tastings and... Read More have a couple of meetings with our coordinator and we were done. They knew how to handle all the deliveries from all the other vendors, all catering is done in-house, and all the staff is in house as well. This made it so easy for us during the planning process. Our wedding coordinator, Leanne, made sure we had everything we needed and that we had a fun and relaxed wedding day. Thank you to everyone at Dock580, especially Leanne, for making our wedding day so fantastic!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Allie R

I would recommend Dock580 to anyone planning a wedding in Columbus! Leanne was our coordinator the day of the wedding, and she was awesome! She was flexible, pleasant, and organized - literally, on top of every detail. Many of our guests raved about the food and the unique venue... Read More atmosphere. Logistically, everything went so smoothly thanks to the great team at Dock580!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Andrea G

I cannot say enough how happy I am that we had our wedding and reception at Dock580. Maddie and LaGina were awesome to work with and always answered my questions in a timely manner. They took care of every detail the day of and it was so nice that my now husband and I were able... Read More to enjoy our special day stress free. Also, the food is legitimately great! Almost every guest told us how much they enjoyed the food. Our wedding was in the Loft section and I was worried how it was going look, but it turned out more beautiful than I could imagine.

Reviewed on 3/08/2018 Erica R

What could be more stressful than planning a wedding? Let me tell you how Dock580 has taken a stressful situation and magnified it tenfold. It all started back in December when my fiancé and I visited Dock580. We met with Kelsey Basar. If you are considering this venue and... Read More Kelsey is giving your tour, BRING A TAPE RECORDER AND WITNESSES. She made some bold claims that ended up being completely false and really made what should have been an amazing experience, a complete nightmare. At our first meeting, Kelsey told us that we would get 10% off for a military discount since we both serve. When we came to sign our contract, that number changed to $500 off the total price which is obviously a MAJOR difference. We were understandably upset but we did really love the space so we decided to just let it go, even though we are paying for this wedding with our own money, money that we saved from our year-long deployments to the Middle East. Once we were signing the contract, we made our deposit that was well over $3,000. She told us that this deposit was completely non-refundable and my fiancé asked her, “what if we deploy?” Her response was, “that’s a different situation and we would give you a refund in that circumstance.” At the time this was just a hypothetical but unfortunately, it became a reality for us on February 24th when we learned that one of us will be deploying in October 2018, despite the fact that our wedding is scheduled for November 2018. If you have ever served in the Armed Forces and have been given notice of a deployment, you know that this is extremely stressful. What makes it worse is the stress of knowing that a day you’ve been planning for months is no longer a possibility and that Dock580 is going to profit off of your decision to serve your country. The first thing I did was email my wedding coordinator and the General Manager for Dock580, Jay Curatti. I emailed him on Monday, February 26th and he responded to me the next day to tell me that he had been busy and couldn’t respond earlier but that he would have an answer for me on Wednesday. I responded on Wednesday and thanked him but by the end of the day, I still had not heard anything. On Thursday, my fiancé called Jay and he was told that while Jay was unable to provide any information at that time, we would definitely know something by Friday and that this was a “win-win” situation for everyone. Friday came and went. Friday afternoon I sent Jay an email and he did not respond. I called again on Monday morning and left a voicemail. I received no response. I then called again on Tuesday, March 6th, and Jay actually answered the phone. He then told me that he would check into earlier dates for us and when I told him that we had to have a Saturday in order for my sister, who is in the Navy, to attend, he said that there were no Saturdays left and that he would have to talk to the owner and get back to me. He then emailed me to tell me that June 23rd was available if we wanted it but that is a drill weekend for both of us and also just a little too soon for us to be able to make it happen. I responded to Jay and told him that we would rather just get our deposit back since Kelsey promised us that would be an option. He told us that Kelsey doesn’t recall saying that and that it is actually NOT a possibility. I regret not having her pencil-in her promise into our contract but I thought I could trust her at her word.

2018-03-13T07:50:52 Response from the vendor

This post saddens us as we have profound respect for all military personnel, both past and current. Whereas we don’t offer refunds for cancellations, which is an industry standard, we do all we can to make something work for those in active service. We offered... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/09/2018 Kyleen L

We chose Dock580 for our 12/30 wedding after looking at many other venues. Dock580 was similarly priced to the other Columbus venues we looked at and I felt that the staff went above and beyond during planning and on our wedding day. Because of the time of year, the Loft had... Read More many decorations already set up (garland around windows and string lights - it was absolutely beautiful and we didn't have to add much of our own décor). Guests couldn't stop talking about the food - beef brisket and chicken parmesan - even the sides (Brussel sprouts and mashed potatoes) were a hit. I couldn't be more happy with our food options we chose, and the chef and our wedding coordinator helped to make sure the food was exactly what we wanted. Leanne was our wedding coordinator and was very confident and made sure everything was perfect - if something went wrong they fixed it without us even noticing. All of the staff on our wedding day was attentive to us and made sure we were top priority. I am extremely happy with the service we received and the venue as a whole and would highly recommend them to any couple!!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Lara B

Overall, this was a perfect venue for our wedding reception! We had our reception at The Venue Pro's/ Why we loved it: Awesome view of the city. The food tasting was a lot of fun. Great responsiveness with coordinators. Bring in your own alcohol and dessert. So much... Read More included in the price- such as linens, staffing, etc... Decent food. Well maintained venue. Con's/ Things that didn't go right: We originally scheduled the tent, being told we could cancel it and lose the money. When we saw the weather was going to be perfect, we wanted to cancel two days before and both the coordinator and general manager were rude about letting us do so- knowing that we were not expecting our money back from it. Very rude to my mother. Be sure your expectations are very clear with the. Food was very salty. They also just completely forgot to serve us champagne during the toasts like they were told to do. Turnover there happens a lot. I had three coordinators in my span of working with them.

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Tarrah D

I knew actually that I wanted to get married here well before I was engaged. You can't beat the rustic look, the city-view and the rave food reviews. My husband and I got married in the venue. We had our ceremony outside on the terrace overlooking downtown. It was perfect. One... Read More of the major perks with Dock 580 is the ability to bring your own alcohol. You save hundreds (if not more)...we made the mistake of underestimating how much liquor and beer we would need. Our coordinator provided us a calculator, so I would recommend you err UP on the side of caution. We had a long engagement (2 years) and worked with Emily most of the time. She ended up getting another job and we were given a new coordinator LaGina. At first, we were concerned because we had spent a long time going over decisions and details with Emily. But fear not, LaGina jumped right in with positivity and willingness to catch up. She handled everything beautifully and we had no reason to worry whatsoever. The day of, we actually had both her and Libbie. Libbie was the sweetest. We had an issue with my brother (groomsman) getting stuck in traffic picking up his 1 year old daughter and instead of freaking me out with the news, they handled it. They were so calm and gracious and constantly checked in with me and made sure I had 0 to worry about. They were wonderful. We served our guests the fried chicken breast, pork chile verde, cheddar mashed potatoes, mac and and cheese, and roasted vegetables. I think half our guests went up for 3rds. It was delicious! I wish I could've eaten more, but my dress wasn't having it :) Everything went so smoothly and was just so beautiful. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Lauren C

Dock 580 was the perfect place for the biggest day of our lives. The Venue was where we picked to have our reception, and the vibe fit our personalities. Every guest could not stop commenting on how everything went so well, so perfect. First, I wanted to commend the staff:... Read More bartenders, servers, all the crew for doing such a splendid job. My husband and I kept chatting with the bartenders the entire night, and loved the interactions they made with our guests. The management team was also so pleasant to work with, and was willing to work with us. Lastly, our planners LaGina and Emma did an amazing job making sure everything went perfect. They were there at every moment and did not miss a beat. They were responsible for making our night the best night of our lives. Dock 580 is worth it! You get what you pay for: amazing food, attention to details, great staff, flexibility of bringing your own alcohol, and a quality venue. Not to mention, we got to see Red, White and Boom fireworks from their patio. Thank you so much Dock 580. You guys were truly exceptional. Lauren & Josh

Reviewed on 7/16/2017

We had such a great experience at Dock 580! Leanne and Jay went above and beyond to make sure that everything during the event ran seamlessly. We unfortunately had 3 total wedding coordinators throughout the process but you wouldn't know it because the transitions were smooth.... Read More Leanne was great with answering questions and was always available for any help or questions we had. Jay (the manager) was also great. He made sure to be at the event to ensure it ran the way we intended it to. The only snag we ran into was constantly seeing "Bride and Groom", and as a same sex couple we found that a bit irritating, however Leanne made sure to make changes to any forms that had that language for future events. Beautiful venue with a great staff. My husband and I were beyond thrilled with the level of service we got as were our friends and families. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Stephanie B

I hate leaving negative reviews, but I regret giving dock580 our business. I read every review before booking & was confident in my decision. The reception was beautiful, but it was feedback from guests after our event that really upset us. The following is a short explanation... Read More of some frustrations from whole process. There were many details/complaints omitted due to The Knot’s character-limits. 1. At tasting, be prepared that meal selections are subject to the chef’s approval. It was never explained that some sides were not allowed to be paired w/ certain entrees or other sides. I also could not believe dock580 was not willing to change something as minor as the butter. I asked if we could do honey butter instead of herb butter w/ the bread and they were unwilling to work with us. 2. On all paperwork it said kids under 3 are free. We found out at final meeting that they are only free if they don’t need their own meal but if they do there is a fee. 3. We were always told if it is >55 degrees that bar & cocktail hour will be outside. We weren't told that they use the daily low, not the hourly high. I wish this was explained so that I wouldn't have had my heart set on an outdoor cocktail hour. 4. Based on our #s, our cake baker said in addition to top tier, we should have had entire 2nd tier to take home…but we had no leftovers besides top tier. Our baker said we are the 3rd client of hers w/ huge cakes at dock580 that didn't have leftovers but should've had plenty. My mom called the GM Jay after our event to ask if something happened. He was rude, stating he knew for a fact that we were sent home w/ two boxes of cake...wrong! 5. Many guests said they waited forever for their food & that dirty dinner plates took way too long to be cleared, so it seems dock580 was understaffed. However, cake was cleared from guest tables too quickly. Some guests had 2 bites if any, went to use restroom or dance, & came back a few minutes later to find it was gone. 6. On our contract it says “Set-up, tear down & clean up period are outside of the Client’s party time.” However, they began clearing our centerpieces/decor well before our end-time, so we felt rushed. 7. A friend told me a server kept delivering entire bottles of wine to her table saying “I’m not supposed to do this, so don’t tell anyone!” This is not the kind of service we paid for. 8. A relative has 6-month old who threw up a little. When she asked if she could have some napkins & bottle of water to help clean him, the waiter said “I’m not sure. I will have to check.” A few minutes later, someone came & whispered “Here, but you CANNOT let anyone know where you got this from!” I am embarrassed that a guest was treated this way. 9. They encourage you to pay gratuity w/ final payment, but I recommend waiting to see the level of service/respect you & your guests receive. A few weeks after our event, I got an email from Jay asking when he can expect to receive our gratuity. We were still learning things from guests & deciding what amount we were comfortable with. I find it unprofessional that we were asked “Is there a time frame we might expect it?” instead of something like “We have not yet received any gratuity for your event. I wanted to personally reach out to you to make ensure you were satisfied w/ the service you received & if not, to address any concerns you may have.” I sent a long reply to Jay explaining our disappointment in great detail. A month has passed and no response.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Kelly B

Dock 580 was the first and only venue we looked at when we started planning our wedding. From the moment we saw it we knew we wanted our wedding there. And they did not disappoint. Emily was our planner and did a fantastic job. She was so thorough, friendly and helpful. She... Read More really helped me bring our ideas alive and the day went off without a hitch. I couldn't recommend dock 580 enough.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Samantha R

Dock 580 exceeded our expectations and I would recommend this Venue in a heartbeat! We were married at The Loft on 5/13/17 and had both our ceremony and reception there. Everything from the coordinating (shout out to coordinator Emily Gneiser for being soo helpful, quick to... Read More respond to my questions, organized and caring) to the delicious food, to being able to supply your own alcohol and the guidance was absolutely wonderful. The Venue size was perfect for our guest count (160) and the two level space made for such a fun party space. I wish I could do it all over again! We received so many compliments from our guests and we could not be happier we chose Dock 580 for such an important day in our lives.

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Molly T

Dock 580 was the venue that stood out to me when I first started wedding planning, and I was thrilled when we were able to book it for our December 30th, 2016 Friday wedding. Tiahna was very on top of things and quick to respond to our questions. She was great the day of the... Read More wedding and really catered to us. We loved the intimate vibe of the wedding and the brick and lights add a really urban charming touch. Food was amazing and we got so many compliments on it!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Andrea D

Dock 580 exceeded our expectations time and time again. They were so flexible and were happy to work within our budget. Courtney was absolutely incredible. I loved working with her! She is so kind and calm. Thank you to their entire team for the perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Katharine I

Dock 580 was a great decision my husband and I made for our wedding day!! The venue has character, charm, and a wonderful staff to help make your big day everything you want it to be. One of the best parts of choosing Dock 580 was our coordinator, Emily. We truly would've been... Read More lost without her! She was organized, attentive, and extremely helpful throughout the entire process. We can't thank the staff enough for setting up our wedding, being attentive to our guests, and running the wedding so well. Not only do we have nothing but good things to say about Dock 580, each of our vendors that we worked with had wonderful things to say, too. Without a doubt, we recommend Dock 580 for your wedding!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Andrea K

We got married on March 12, 2016 and it was by far the best day of my life to date! Emily, our coordinator was simply perfect and I felt like I had nothing to worry about throughout the entire process. We had both our ceremony and reception at the Loft and the quick turnaround... Read More from ceremony to dinner and dancing was really convenient for our guests. I really can't stress how awesome this venue is and how much they take care of for you. I loved being able to enjoy just being engaged and getting married without the added stress that often comes with wedding planning. Definitely a venue that I would recommend to all brides and grooms looking to get married in Columbus!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Audrey S

The staff at dock 580 made our wedding so easy and wonderful. We had a potentially big problem when our officiant didn't show up, but Tiahna and Mary sprung into action. They had a list of officiants and started making calls. They got someone else there and the ceremony started... Read More only 10 minutes late. They were very helpful in planning, telling us what works, and what they can do. And they let you bring your own alcohol, which is a huge money saver! The venue was absolutely beautiful with all the lights on. They made the whole process so easy and fun, I can't imagine having been married anywhere else!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Staci S

We had both our ceremony and reception at dock580 in March and we are so happy we did! We had lined up a few venues to look at, but stopped looking after we toured The Venue. It was a wonderful experience from start to finish. Emily was our coordinator and we could not have... Read More made it without her; she was very organized, extremely helpful, and made sure the day ran smoothly. She also helped to give us helpful tips and ideas if we ever got stuck, given all of the options that dock580 has to offer. They also have in house catering, which was amazing--I don't think you would go wrong with any of the food. It is nice, though, that they also give you ideas of what foods pair well together. And, because we had a fair number of children at our wedding, it was nice that there was a real child's meal option that also tasted good. The staff the day of the wedding were also knowledgeable and helpful. We still get compliments about dock580 from our guests and we still get excited when we drive past it heading downtown. I was very overwhelmed with the whole wedding planning process, but we were truly in good hands with dock580 (and Emily); I don't know that we would have been as happy or felt as comfortable anywhere else. I would highly recommend dock580 to anyone! Thank you for a wonderful day and the memories!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Alex G

We got married in July at the Dock 580: The Venue. The Venue provided both outdoor and indoor space which was what sold us on this location. Our guest got to pick between spending time inside dancing the night away, playing lawn games in the court yard, or enjoying the cool... Read More summer breeze on the terrace. Not only is the venue beautiful and overlook the Columbus skyline, the staff, food, and service goes above and beyond expectations. We planned our wedding from out of state and our coordinator, Emily, always made time for us when we were in town. We had a few concerns with our wedding falling on a holiday weekend but these were quickly addressed/resolved by the staff and we had no issues. If you are looking for a venue with a lot of character, great location, and amazing food the Dock 580 is your place.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Erin P

Dock 580 was a fabulous venue. We had mostly out of town guests and they were super impressed. Great location close to short north. Emily was our coordinator and she was amazing! She guided me through the whole process and helped make the whole day go smoothly. The day of- I... Read More worried about nothing except getting pretty! I knew all the details were being taken care of. I would recommend to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016

We recently had our wedding and reception at dock580 and it was wonderful. I can honestly say this was one of the best days of my life. Our wedding coordinator made the experience super easy and was so organized. The food was excellent and the space is beautiful. All our guests... Read More had a great time. The day of our wedding the staff was professional, extremely nice and helpful. I would highly recommend dock580 to anyone looking for a great wedding venue. You will not regret it. I know me and my husband were very happy with our experience.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Nick K

We are so happy with chose Dock 580 for our wedding. They were so helpful along the way and our coordinator, Tiahna was amazing! She was so responsive and patient with all of our questions, we were very grateful to have her as a resource. The location was perfect as well.... Read More Not only was the reception fun, but it was a great place for photos. We highly recommend Dock 580 based on the great service, value, and beautiful location they provide.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Shannon T

I'm so happy I chose Dock 580 as our wedding venue! I didn't want a typical country-club wedding, and Dock 580 has a very unique quality that made the perfect backdrop for my vision of a simple, elegant wedding. Tiahna was our coordinator, and she is fantastic! She definitely... Read More knows what she's doing, and I felt so confident that she'd make sure everything would go smoothly - and it did! I didn't know a whole lot about weddings going in to our first consultation, but she went over so many details, I knew that nothing would be overlooked. They are almost a full-service venue, so the food (except the cake), the non-alcoholic drinks, tables/chairs and linens are all included, with a selection of add-ons available. That made everything so easy and convenient. We chose 'The Venue' as our location, and we had the ceremony out in the adjoining courtyard. It actually rained for a couple minutes right before the ceremony started, but after the rain passed, the staff quickly wiped off the chairs and got everything rolling again with only a minor delay. The food tasted excellent! We went with a more casual hors d'oeuvres style reception, and everyone raved about how good it was (the lamb chops were a big hit)! And the staff was all great - they were professional, efficient, and attentive (without being in the way). They quickly got everything (the flowers, leftover cake and alcohol, and decorations) packed up and ready to put in the cars at the end of the night. It was such a wonderful evening, and I know our guests really enjoyed themselves! I highly recommend this venue if you're looking for a unique, but still classy, location for your wedding!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Kevin W

What an awesome space and an even better team! From our first contact to the actual event, everyone was very professional and very accommodating with our schedule. We planned the wedding from another state and they made sure they had someone available when we were in Columbus... Read More and wanted to see the space for the first time and for calls to ask questions or for our meetings with Courtney once we started the planning. The staff the night of the wedding and reception were so efficient that we never had to seek them out for anything, plus they checked in on a regular basis to make sure we didn't need anything just in case... The space is beautiful, with a lot of old world charm that really came out that night with the lighting they use. Awesome Team, Beautiful Space, Memorable Event!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016

My brother got married at Dock580 and it was just perfect. The venue was gorgeous, exposed brick, white string lights, excellent dance-floor, and the outdoor courtyard was the perfect spot for the wedding ceremony. The wedding planner, Tianna was amazing. Super professional,... Read More funny, accommodating, and most importantly calm. She kept us all in line and comfortable when we were nervous wrecks. The staff was amazing, so friendly and kind. Everything was set up just as the bride wanted and the venue looked amazing on the wedding day. It really relieved so many worries and made everyone so happy. The food was delicious too. After the wedding, the venue boxed up all the gifts/cake/flowers and loaded it into our car. We really couldn't ask for a better staff to help us. What could have been so much work and a total disaster was so smooth and easy. I would recommend this venue to anyone. It's not only gorgeous and unique, but they have the best staff and wedding planner.