Dock 580

Columbus, OH

Plan the perfect wedding downtown

We pair fine food with a sophisticated, urban aesthetic. With fantastic views of downtown Columbus and exposed brick walls, polished concrete floors and steel beams, our spaces make for one of the most unique experiences in town.

$$

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Loft, Tented

Food + Catering, Planning

580 North Fourth Street, Columbus, OH

Reviewed on 6/11/2015 Beth R

The Dock580 has the perfect combination of beautiful space and phenomenal customer service. Tiahna was our wedding coordinator and she pulled out all the stops. She was attentive, thoughtful and most importantly- knew the venue and her staff inside and out. She was always... Read More prepared with solutions for any situation that popped up (and with the weather at the end of April 2015, there were a few that no one could have predicted). The highest compliment I can give is to say that by the home stretch of planning my husband and I felt completely comfortable trusting all last minute decisions to Tiahna. We knew she understood us and what we wanted and she went above and beyond for us as did her staff. Leading up to the wedding, they had thought of everything and helped us keep track of all the details and by the end of the night they had packed up all of our stuff, had it on carts ready to go and loaded our cars up. (They even had a goodie bag of desserts for my husband and I since they noticed we had been too busy dancing to enjoy our dessert table!) It was the perfect night despite many factors outside of anyone's control and we owe a lot of that to the Dock580 and their staff . The space Absolutely beautiful. My favorite part about the Dock580 was that you can dress it up, dress it down or do nothing at all and it will look gorgeous whatever you decide. There is a covered outside area too get some air/chat with guests while the party raves inside. It has everything I wanted as a bride and the way they put the package together for pricing was perfect. Everything I needed for one price with the option to upgrade certain areas as needed. Easy and relatively painless. I had a wedding with about 130 people total at the end of April. Who would have thought that at the end of April it would be cold enough that we would have to change the floor plan last minute and have the bar inside instead of out! Yet even with the change the Dock580 still fit all of our guests with some room to spare. Thank you Tiahna and Dock580 for making it a beautiful night we will always remember.

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Jennifer V

Dock580 was an amazing investment for our wedding. Every single person that we met, whether it was the owner or a busboy, everyone was there to make sure we had the best wedding possible. Every person we worked with had a smile on their face, was happy to help and incredibly... Read More attentive. The venue is stunning. We opted for the Loft, the two story space with a built in bar. Our guests had the option of staying upstairs to avoid any loud music, there was space outside if they needed a break from the party or they could hang out downstairs on the dance floor, it was perfect. The Dock has an onsite kitchen where they make all of their catered meals and the food is fabulous. After we had agreed to have our wedding there, they set up a catered event where we could see the linens, try all of the food and meet some other vendors. It was the most thoughtful and exciting part. My parents loved trying all the dishes, seeing our wedding colors on the linens and meeting the staff. It was helpful and fun! The staff that was assigned to our wedding was so amazing. They were in constant communication, always answered my questions and never made me feel like I was a burden. The event staff was so helpful; they even put up our décor. The staff made everything beautiful and stress-free. Our guests were amazed and happy at the wedding. We have had so many compliments about how good the food was, how great the staff was, and how lovely the space was. I highly recommend them and will be back for sure!

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 2/21/2015 Lauren P

We had our ceremony and reception at the Loft. We couldn't be happier about how perfect our wedding was and we received so many compliments about the venue from our guests. Dock580 made the entire process of wedding planning go very smoothly. From the beginning, everything was... Read More so organized. We were given lists with all of the decisions I would need to work on as well as the dates they were due. They also allowed us to return multiple times to view the layout and the decorations. (They have holiday decorations up during the whole month of December). We worked with Abby throughout the whole process and she was also our day-of coordinator. Abby was absolutely wonderful on the day of our wedding. She even dressed to match our colors, which was such a nice touch. Throughout the day she made sure that everything went smoothly and according to the plans we had discussed. Some of our favorite aspects of Dock580 that made it a perfect and unique venue for us included: -The layout of the Loft. We loved being able to have everything at one location with the availability to flip the room. The opening in the upstairs where you can look down is cool too. -The look of the Loft. We love the exposed brick. -Bring your own alcohol. This is something that a lot of other venues we visited did not offer. At those other locations prices of alcohol added up quickly. It was nice to have the freedom to select exactly what we wanted without having to pay multiple up charges to customize. Also, anything that wasn't used was ours to take home. -Price. Dock580 is priced per guest. There isn't a venue fee or other service fees tacked on. There is a base price that you can upgrade with different appetizers and dinner options. -The Food. Dock580 has in house catering. We decided to go with stations and so we came up with themes and Abby worked to build a menu with us. Our tasting was fantastic and we loved everything. We had so many compliments from our guests about how tasty everything was. Overall, we absolutely loved everything about our wedding and wouldn't change a thing. Everything went exactly as planned and it was beautiful. We highly recommend Dock580!

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 Heather G

INCREDIBLE. The venue is absolutely gorgeous with a great location and view of downtown. We worked with Tiahna Wilkins who was absolutely amazing. She made planning for the wedding organized, easy, and was on top of her game. She made sure that everything was all set for the big... Read More day and did a great job of putting everything together! The staff day of was professional, kind, and made the day run with ease! The food was fantastic and we got so many compliments on the venue overall! I can't say enough good things about my experience with Dock 580!

A perfect, stress-free evening!

Reviewed on 2/02/2015

My husband and I are SO happy that we chose Dock 580 to hold our ceremony and reception! Not only was the downtown location perfect for us, but this venue provides a unique urban (but still cozy) feel that I fell in love with the moment I walked through the door! Our initial... Read More meeting was so helpful - we received a tour of both event spaces (we chose the Loft), reviewed costs, deposits, food options, and room layouts. My parents and I really appreciated that they were very straightforward about costs. Everything was itemized, and if something did cost extra, the price was clearly listed - no hidden charges!!!! Abby, our event coordinator, went above and beyond to make sure that we had a perfect evening. I truly can't say enough about her, and how thankful I am for all of her help! On the day of, everything ran so smoothly and looked exactly as I had envisioned. We are so thankful to everyone at Dock 580 for a perfect evening. If you are looking for a beautiful venue with delicious food and an attentive staff - this place is for you! :)

The Best!

Reviewed on 1/23/2015 Katelyn J

We planned our wedding from out-of-state. Tiahna at Dock580 was our wedding coordinator and she was awesome. I was a bit of a scatterbrained bride and Tiahna was super patient with me throughout the entire planning process. She was great at communicating which decisions... Read More needed to be made and when, and made planning our wedding as easy as possible. I can also not say enough great things about her work on the day-of -- I diy-ed many of my decorations and she made them come together perfectly. As far as the venue, the food, the servers, bartenders -- they were awesome too!!! I didn't have to worry about one thing -- everybody was so nice and helpful and our guests had a wonderful time. Thanks Dock580!

So happy with my wedding!

Reviewed on 1/11/2015 Julie T

We looked at a few venues around Columbus but didn't find anything that had the service and pricing that we wanted until we checked out the Venue at Dock580. I loved the look of the exposed brick walls and white lighting. The Venue side has an outdoor space that we used for... Read More our ceremony. Since we got married in November and it was cold we used their heated tent. A word to the wise though, that tent can be a huge extra expense, so keep that in mind (it's also only used on the Venue side, the Loft is all indoor). We were very back and forth about using the tent vs. saving money and they really worked with us to make us happy. They were very upfront with us about pricing. They give you a standard price per person and then you can add things (like long linens vs. the standard short linens). Overall I did not feel like I was being overcharged for the experience that I got. One major thing to note is this venue is BYO Alcohol. This is a huge cost saver especially since we got to take everything left over home with us. Our wedding coordinator Tiahna was wonderful. She was so helpful throughout the whole process and very easy to get in touch with whenever I had questions. She was there the day of to make sure everything went smoothly for us (it costs extra but is so worth it!!). They have an in house kitchen and the food is delicious! Originally we had an all Italian menu planned but after we attended a group tasting we ended up with roast beef and roasted chicken. The group tasting was great! We got to try a wide variety of menus as well as check out a few recommended vendors, all while seated at a table decorated with our linens so we could get as much of the experience as possible. It was nice to see everything we thought we wanted as well as a lot of other options, and we ended up changing a lot of things that day. I am so happy I chose Dock580. Everything from the planning process to the food to the service was fantastic and I would recommend them to anyone.

So Many Compliments

Reviewed on 12/11/2014 Erin C

I couldn't believe how many compliments I got on the way the venue looked, the food, etc. A few wedding guests mentioned that now they want to get married there. It is a phenomenal location and facility. Working with Tiahna was great, and overall I would have my wedding there... Read More again in a heartbeat. Some words to the wise, because we were pretty pissed off with the vendor a few months after we signed the contract. Don't believe the max capacity numbers!!! While it's true that you will lose about 20% of your invitees, it is not true that 180 people will fit into the Venue facility with a dance floor. We ended up having about that many people, and we had to do a heated tent with a dance floor outside. The cost they quoted us for the tent when we signed the contract was about 1/3 - 1/4 of the actual cost of the tent. I guess I deserved it because 1) since then everyone has told me that no wedding venue comfortably fits what they say is the max (so I guess I was naive not to know this), and 2) I didn't get the tent quote in writing in the contract. Finally, a few food items that we could have sworn were covered in the $75 per person were not included (i.e., baseline appetizers), and while all the food is good, it is nearly impossible not to want a few upgrades. Some things like floor length table linens were really almost a "must-upgrade" issue for us to preserve the nice look of the room. (A beautiful room filled with half-length linens and metal table bottoms sticking out quickly looks like not such a beautiful room.) Luckily, our budget was not truly set in stone because we went way over what we originally thought the event would cost. That said, I still really liked the venue and loved the event, and would do it over. I just mention this here to warn people on a tight budget.

2015-02-03T08:33:35 Response from , the member

Thanks for your comments. $75/person and no alcohol? You saved me a phone call. There are much cheaper places in town WITH alcohol. Ugh. Oh well. Thanks again!

Dock 580 Made our wedding perfect!

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Gerilyn C

Tiahna and the rest oif the crew at Dock 580 made our wedding day stress free and absolutely perfect. From the very beginning they kept me on track and helped me find the other vendors i needed. Because of their hard work and professionalism the wedding went without a hitch! I... Read More cannot recommend Dock 580 enough. The food was excellent! The price was very reasonable. The atmosphere was perfect! A fun time was had by all!

Wedding of my dreams!

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Megan M

We wanted our wedding to be a mix of traditional and unique all in one space. We live in NYC and grew up in Columbus so Dock 580 felt like a little bit of New York in Columbus. The staff was helpful very step of the way. You get a wedding coordinator 6 months out, and I... Read More recommend having the wedding coordinator there the day of as well so you feel totally taken care of. Our guest LOVED the food, the kitchen is in house so we had everything made right there. We did stations (Italian, Mexican, and Southern) so there was something for everyone! They even had a special meal for my bridesmaid with food allergies. I would highly recommend Dock 580 for a bride who wants her wedding to feel like the wedding she has always dreamed of, but also wants something different. No overdone boring ballroom weddings here! So happy we choose Dock 580!!

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Terry B

Dock580 was the perfect place for our wedding reception. We had our reception at a The Venue. Steve Rayo and his staff are fabulous. We were planning our reception from long-distance and they were able to accommodate our crazy work schedules. Our wedding planner Abby was great.... Read More She kept us in the loop via email and phone calls since we weren't able to be in Columbus all of the time. There are so many options when it comes to food and honestly you can't go wrong with anything on the menu. The exposed brick and old warehouse/industrial feel makes for a unique venue. You are able to create your own look with the sundry linens and table settings. There is even a tasting event where you are able to meet with local vendors and other brides/grooms as you taste the amazing food. On our wedding day the staff made sure we were taken care of. They also had a server who catered to the needs of the guests who were kids and made them feel special. We couldn't imagine having our reception anywhere else!

An amazing Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 9/10/2014 Tara B

We are so glad we chose to go with Dock580, specifically The Loft, for our wedding and reception. Steve gave us information without making us feel pressured, we ended up contracting with Dock580 just a few days later. Steve and his staff are willing to work with you on... Read More anything you need! It's a minimum $5000 to book with Dock580, but trust me, that is a great price, especially for what you get! If your budget is lower, they'll work with you on ways to bring costs down (maybe just heavy hors d'oeuvres instead of dinner, or a Friday wedding instead of Saturday are just some examples). Abby was an awesome coordinator and was always there to answer any and every question we had throughout the entire process. On the day of our rehearsal, we were able to put up some of our decorations on our own, but the lanterns and backdrop were all put up by the Dock580 staff and it looked beautiful on our big day. Abby and the rest of the Dock580 staff made sure the entire process was stress-free for us. My grandmother told me that our ceremony was the most beautiful one she'd ever seen, and she has been to a LOT of weddings! At the Loft, we had our ceremony upstairs, then afterwards all the guests were moved downstairs for a cocktail hour while the staff switched the ceremony space over to the dinner space. The food was delicious, our guests were very happy with the choices. Dock 580 does a food tasting where all of the couples who are getting married around a specific time-frame can come in and taste all of the different foods that Dock 580 has to offer, which is a lot! We were able to try everything before we made our final decision on the food. There are several vendors that come to the tasting as well. We actually ended up using 3 of the vendors that were at the food tasting and were more than satisfied with all of them. Once dinner was over, we all moved downstairs to get to partying at the reception. Throughout the night, Abby and the other staff coordinated with our DJ to make sure we stayed on track time-wise and did everything we were supposed to do (cake cutting, dances, bouquet toss, etc). We highly recommend Dock580. Our experience was perfect, The Loft was beautiful which made for great pictures, and the staff was so nice and helpful. We couldn't have picked a better place to get married.

dock580, is truly amazing.

Reviewed on 9/04/2014

dock580 was the most amazing and magical place to get married. The old brick and twinkle lights made it a night to remember forever. Their food was amazing, the staff and wedding planner was phenominal. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding, and in laege part we owe that... Read More to dock580. THANK YOU =)

Perfect venue!

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Erin R

I cannot say enough good things about Dock 580. You have a coordinator from the beginning that helps you with all the details and answers any questions that come up at any time. Tiahna was amazing. You get a food tasting and they set up your table with your colors - this is a... Read More very nice touch and allows you to confirm your choices. Tiahna was with us every step of the way and I had no stress going into the big day. We have heard from an unusually large number of guests how nice everything was - they loved the food and atmosphere and service staff. The room is very cool - you can make it fancy or casual - up to you! And the Venue allows you to have a courtyard ceremony. The biggest cost saver was being able to bring in your own alcohol and take whatever you do not use home. I literally think this venue was perfect, the staff was amazing, and I could not be happier that we found it!

Dock 580 is the best in Columbus!

Reviewed on 9/03/2014 Eleanor C

The staff at Dock580 was the easiest and best to work with, the food delicious, and the location was fantastic. From the beginning Steve and Abby were very nice and flexible to work with our schedules. After a few meetings Abby understood our vision and it was executed... Read More beautifully. I can't say enough nice things about them and the rest of the staff. It was perfect!

AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 9/03/2014 Lauren C

We chose The Loft at Dock580 for several reasons (location, cost, style) and I'm SO glad we did! We had an amazing experience from start to finish. I was honestly blown away on my wedding day--everything looked better than I imagined and the entire event ran smoothly. I received... Read More many compliments on the food and service, which I was grateful for. We had close to 170 attendees and it was perfect for the space…I loved having the cocktail hour/dancing downstairs and dinner upstairs. And the best part was that our coordinator (Tiahna) was fantastic to work with. She was very responsive to all of my questions and made the whole process easy (and fun, which is hard when you start to get stressed out). In fact, the entire Dock580 team on the day-of was great—they truly employ some of the best event staff in Columbus. Overall, The Loft is a beautiful, unique venue that I can HIGHLY recommend!

Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Reanna E

My husband and I absolutely LOVED Dock 580. We had outstanding service leading up to the wedding. We had the pleasure of working with Abby. She was very detail oriented and made sure everything was just the way we wanted it. The food was delicious. It was truly a... Read More one-of-a-kind venue that you won't find anywhere else!

Wow!

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Kaycee P

This wedding venue is perfect! My husband and I were married in the Loft and I couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out that day. We worked with Tiahna during our wedding planning process, and without her I don't think it would have turned out the way it did.... Read More She did an amazing job with placing all of our decorations, helping us decide on the perfect table linens, and giving us any advice we needed along the way. Dock 580 made our wedding night magical and we received so many compliments on how great our venue, food, and service was! This is one of the best venues in Columbus!

Contemporary, Stylish, Stress-Free

Reviewed on 5/19/2014 Kristin C

From the beginning I was very pleased with Steve and the staff at Dock 580. When I originally called, April 2013, I was told there were only 3 dates available for the following spring. When I asked for them to hold the date we wanted (we were seeing the venue later that week) he... Read More did; Dock 580 was our top choice. Originally we had a different wedding coordinator, but the switch to Tiahna went incredibly smooth. She went over all of the old notes; made sure nothing changed, and set up the future meeting dates. The tasting was a lot of fun. Our table was set up in the colors we chose so we would know what the tables would look like on wedding day (we made some changes based on seeing the color combination). We went with the buttermilk fried chicken, BBQ pulled pork, mac and cheese, red skin mashed potatoes, and green beans. It was delicious! We had so many comments from our guests on how much they liked the food and that it was different from the food you typically see at weddings. We also had late night pizza which went over extremely well. After a lot of drinks and dancing, our guests (and my husband and I) were hungry again. I cannot explain how important it is to have a location that is BYOB. All of the alcohol we purchased we either consumed or were able to take home. I was not afraid of over-purchasing because I knew we would be able to take whatever our guests didn’t consume (which wasn’t much). I really liked the checklist of items on the proposal document outlining what I agreed to bring (decorations) along with the detailed list of charges. The proposal document was very transparent; I did not feel like there were any hidden costs. We were even able to get into the Loft for an hour the Friday before (there was not an event) to set up the hanging items ourselves which saved us some money. My only critique is I wish Dock 580 made it more obvious as to which wedding was held at what location (Loft vs. Venue). My wedding was at the Loft and there were numerous guests who originally walked into the Venue causing some confusion. The best man was standing on the terrace waving people over who had the “I don’t recognize anyone here” look on their face.

Perfect place, perfect day

Reviewed on 5/07/2014 Kimberly M

Dock 580 is a beautiful space with an amazing staff! I'm not sure you can request a specific coordinator but try for Abby- she was just incredible to work with. I can't say enough about the quality of our entire experience, from the planning stage to last call on our wedding... Read More night. Every guest complimented the space, food, and overall experience.

perfect for our needs

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Sarah B

The staff at Dock 580 were such a pleasure to work with! Not only were we planning the wedding from a different state, but we also had a fairly tight budget. The staff were able to work with us to give us a beautiful wedding experience that was still in our price range. We... Read More had only one small hiccup in the whole process and it was quickly resolved. Very professional! I highly recommend them if you're looking to have a non-traditional wedding. The Venue is also absolutely gorgeous!

Awesome venue!

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Lindsay

My husband and I had a great experience with Dock580! Our day flowed very smoothly with the help of our coordinator. We received so many compliments on how gorgeous the space was. It was a perfect day :)

Perfect ceremony and reception!

Reviewed on 10/13/2013 Sarah

Our wedding coordinator, Tiahna, was wonderful and responsive. The attention to detail was excellent. Our ceremony and reception was absolutely perfect!!! The Venue is a beautiful place to get married. I highly recommend!

The Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Alyssa B

There are two venues at dock580, the loft and the venue. We used the Loft, which has an upstairs for dinner and downstairs for cocktail hour/dancing. The coordinators at dock580 are so great, they really know their stuff. They are always checking and reminding you of things that... Read More you might need. They provided great ideas and suggestions. The Loft is absolutely beautiful for a downtown, modern wedding. Everything appeared to flow smoothly throughout the night.

Couldn't have asked for better!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Kailee M

Dock 580 is a wedding venue that truly cares! Their staff is phenomenal, kind and helpful. The exceptional service starts at the top with Steve Rayo, and just continues on with the amazing coordinators and the crew that helps out on the wedding day. Molly and Amanda made it a... Read More point to really listen to your requests and make them happen. All of the decorations were set up exactly how we asked and the customer service was fantastic. The food was great, and you have the opportunity to attend a really fun group tasting. We seriously could not have asked for a more beautiful venue, with a wonderful staff. I would highly recommend Dock580.

TO Dock 580