Plan the perfect wedding downtown

We pair fine food with a sophisticated, urban aesthetic. With fantastic views of downtown Columbus and exposed brick walls, polished concrete floors and steel beams, our spaces make for one of the most unique experiences in town.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Loft, Tented

Food + Catering, Planning

580 North Fourth Street, Columbus, OH 6144649999ext10

Absolute Perfection

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Jena

When we first started wedding planning, the original plan was a home-grown outdoor ceremony/reception. An insistent grandmother led us to find a relaxed venue with a coordinator who could assist with all of our needs. Choosing dock580 as our venue was the absolute best... Read More wedding-related decision we made (close second: Re Ryznar with The Flour Pot Cakes in Hilliard for our dessert table, omg). We booked our September 2015 wedding in March 2014 – it’s a popular place for a reason, everything is coordinated flawlessly and the food is perfection. Ours was in The Venue - we had around 80 guests (I believe it holds up to 180, we were incredibly comfortable in the space with our lower number); I have friends who’ve been married or been guests in The Loft (a slightly larger space) who’ve had an equally amazing experience. Those who choose the buffet option participate in a group tasting event with around 10 other couples whose tables are set in their chosen linens and everyone’s food choices are available to try in a buffet setting. If there was a separate request, it was made specifically for each couple’s table. We went with fried chicken, beef brisket, slow-cooked green beans, baked mac’n’cheese, and corn bread with honey butter. One of the most seasoned wedding guests told my parents he’s been to more weddings than he can count and it was hands-down the best wedding food he’d ever eaten. Although I only nibbled the night of, I can vouch that the leftovers in the to-go box our coordinator made for us were still phenomenal. In terms of working with the venue, Tiahna was our coordinator and she was ON IT. We met a few times throughout the process and our detailed proposal was continually updated up through the last week as I sent minor changes (anything from linen colors to RSVP crises). More than anything, Tiahna was genuine and honest with me and I had complete trust in her and her team. I even had a job interview 10 days before the wedding and she sent me a separate good luck email; it was a small gesture that meant so much. The service from the staff during the wedding was spot-on. We were fortunate to have one of the servers we met during our tasting and he went above and beyond to make sure we were consistently good-to-go throughout the evening. At one point he went up to my husband and laughingly said we weren’t allowed to go up to the bar and that we were to tell him if/when we needed anything so we could focus on our families, friends, and dancing : ) Cost-wise we truthfully probably spent the same amount as we would have with a tent wedding somewhere and having to bring in each individual vendor. dock580 is all-inclusive (venue, tables/chairs, dinner and drinkware, linens, cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres, dinner, set-up/clean-up, and day-of venue coordinator) with opportunities for upgrades. We brought in alcohol and desserts. Being able to rest easy knowing that everything was taken care of at the venue was priceless while planning. If you are looking for a unique venue, stellar food, and exceptional service, it is worth the wait to have your wedding at dock580. Every interaction for us was positive and our guests loved the experience. A million thanks to dock580 (especially Tiahna!) for providing us with a flawless event that let my husband and I focus on each other and those who celebrated with us.

Reviewed on 6/11/2015 Beth R

The Dock580 has the perfect combination of beautiful space and phenomenal customer service. Tiahna was our wedding coordinator and she pulled out all the stops. She was attentive, thoughtful and most importantly- knew the venue and her staff inside and out. She was always... Read More prepared with solutions for any situation that popped up (and with the weather at the end of April 2015, there were a few that no one could have predicted). The highest compliment I can give is to say that by the home stretch of planning my husband and I felt completely comfortable trusting all last minute decisions to Tiahna. We knew she understood us and what we wanted and she went above and beyond for us as did her staff. Leading up to the wedding, they had thought of everything and helped us keep track of all the details and by the end of the night they had packed up all of our stuff, had it on carts ready to go and loaded our cars up. (They even had a goodie bag of desserts for my husband and I since they noticed we had been too busy dancing to enjoy our dessert table!) It was the perfect night despite many factors outside of anyone's control and we owe a lot of that to the Dock580 and their staff . The space Absolutely beautiful. My favorite part about the Dock580 was that you can dress it up, dress it down or do nothing at all and it will look gorgeous whatever you decide. There is a covered outside area too get some air/chat with guests while the party raves inside. It has everything I wanted as a bride and the way they put the package together for pricing was perfect. Everything I needed for one price with the option to upgrade certain areas as needed. Easy and relatively painless. I had a wedding with about 130 people total at the end of April. Who would have thought that at the end of April it would be cold enough that we would have to change the floor plan last minute and have the bar inside instead of out! Yet even with the change the Dock580 still fit all of our guests with some room to spare. Thank you Tiahna and Dock580 for making it a beautiful night we will always remember.

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 2/21/2015 Lauren P

We had our ceremony and reception at the Loft. We couldn't be happier about how perfect our wedding was and we received so many compliments about the venue from our guests. Dock580 made the entire process of wedding planning go very smoothly. From the beginning, everything was... Read More so organized. We were given lists with all of the decisions I would need to work on as well as the dates they were due. They also allowed us to return multiple times to view the layout and the decorations. (They have holiday decorations up during the whole month of December). We worked with Abby throughout the whole process and she was also our day-of coordinator. Abby was absolutely wonderful on the day of our wedding. She even dressed to match our colors, which was such a nice touch. Throughout the day she made sure that everything went smoothly and according to the plans we had discussed. Some of our favorite aspects of Dock580 that made it a perfect and unique venue for us included: -The layout of the Loft. We loved being able to have everything at one location with the availability to flip the room. The opening in the upstairs where you can look down is cool too. -The look of the Loft. We love the exposed brick. -Bring your own alcohol. This is something that a lot of other venues we visited did not offer. At those other locations prices of alcohol added up quickly. It was nice to have the freedom to select exactly what we wanted without having to pay multiple up charges to customize. Also, anything that wasn't used was ours to take home. -Price. Dock580 is priced per guest. There isn't a venue fee or other service fees tacked on. There is a base price that you can upgrade with different appetizers and dinner options. -The Food. Dock580 has in house catering. We decided to go with stations and so we came up with themes and Abby worked to build a menu with us. Our tasting was fantastic and we loved everything. We had so many compliments from our guests about how tasty everything was. Overall, we absolutely loved everything about our wedding and wouldn't change a thing. Everything went exactly as planned and it was beautiful. We highly recommend Dock580!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Andrea D

Dock 580 exceeded our expectations time and time again. They were so flexible and were happy to work within our budget. Courtney was absolutely incredible. I loved working with her! She is so kind and calm. Thank you to their entire team for the perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Katharine I

Dock 580 was a great decision my husband and I made for our wedding day!! The venue has character, charm, and a wonderful staff to help make your big day everything you want it to be. One of the best parts of choosing Dock 580 was our coordinator, Emily. We truly would've been... Read More lost without her! She was organized, attentive, and extremely helpful throughout the entire process. We can't thank the staff enough for setting up our wedding, being attentive to our guests, and running the wedding so well. Not only do we have nothing but good things to say about Dock 580, each of our vendors that we worked with had wonderful things to say, too. Without a doubt, we recommend Dock 580 for your wedding!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Andrea K

We got married on March 12, 2016 and it was by far the best day of my life to date! Emily, our coordinator was simply perfect and I felt like I had nothing to worry about throughout the entire process. We had both our ceremony and reception at the Loft and the quick turnaround... Read More from ceremony to dinner and dancing was really convenient for our guests. I really can't stress how awesome this venue is and how much they take care of for you. I loved being able to enjoy just being engaged and getting married without the added stress that often comes with wedding planning. Definitely a venue that I would recommend to all brides and grooms looking to get married in Columbus!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Audrey S

The staff at dock 580 made our wedding so easy and wonderful. We had a potentially big problem when our officiant didn't show up, but Tiahna and Mary sprung into action. They had a list of officiants and started making calls. They got someone else there and the ceremony started... Read More only 10 minutes late. They were very helpful in planning, telling us what works, and what they can do. And they let you bring your own alcohol, which is a huge money saver! The venue was absolutely beautiful with all the lights on. They made the whole process so easy and fun, I can't imagine having been married anywhere else!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Staci S

We had both our ceremony and reception at dock580 in March and we are so happy we did! We had lined up a few venues to look at, but stopped looking after we toured The Venue. It was a wonderful experience from start to finish. Emily was our coordinator and we could not have... Read More made it without her; she was very organized, extremely helpful, and made sure the day ran smoothly. She also helped to give us helpful tips and ideas if we ever got stuck, given all of the options that dock580 has to offer. They also have in house catering, which was amazing--I don't think you would go wrong with any of the food. It is nice, though, that they also give you ideas of what foods pair well together. And, because we had a fair number of children at our wedding, it was nice that there was a real child's meal option that also tasted good. The staff the day of the wedding were also knowledgeable and helpful. We still get compliments about dock580 from our guests and we still get excited when we drive past it heading downtown. I was very overwhelmed with the whole wedding planning process, but we were truly in good hands with dock580 (and Emily); I don't know that we would have been as happy or felt as comfortable anywhere else. I would highly recommend dock580 to anyone! Thank you for a wonderful day and the memories!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Erin P

Dock 580 was a fabulous venue. We had mostly out of town guests and they were super impressed. Great location close to short north. Emily was our coordinator and she was amazing! She guided me through the whole process and helped make the whole day go smoothly. The day of- I... Read More worried about nothing except getting pretty! I knew all the details were being taken care of. I would recommend to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016

We recently had our wedding and reception at dock580 and it was wonderful. I can honestly say this was one of the best days of my life. Our wedding coordinator made the experience super easy and was so organized. The food was excellent and the space is beautiful. All our guests... Read More had a great time. The day of our wedding the staff was professional, extremely nice and helpful. I would highly recommend dock580 to anyone looking for a great wedding venue. You will not regret it. I know me and my husband were very happy with our experience.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Shannon T

I'm so happy I chose Dock 580 as our wedding venue! I didn't want a typical country-club wedding, and Dock 580 has a very unique quality that made the perfect backdrop for my vision of a simple, elegant wedding. Tiahna was our coordinator, and she is fantastic! She definitely... Read More knows what she's doing, and I felt so confident that she'd make sure everything would go smoothly - and it did! I didn't know a whole lot about weddings going in to our first consultation, but she went over so many details, I knew that nothing would be overlooked. They are almost a full-service venue, so the food (except the cake), the non-alcoholic drinks, tables/chairs and linens are all included, with a selection of add-ons available. That made everything so easy and convenient. We chose 'The Venue' as our location, and we had the ceremony out in the adjoining courtyard. It actually rained for a couple minutes right before the ceremony started, but after the rain passed, the staff quickly wiped off the chairs and got everything rolling again with only a minor delay. The food tasted excellent! We went with a more casual hors d'oeuvres style reception, and everyone raved about how good it was (the lamb chops were a big hit)! And the staff was all great - they were professional, efficient, and attentive (without being in the way). They quickly got everything (the flowers, leftover cake and alcohol, and decorations) packed up and ready to put in the cars at the end of the night. It was such a wonderful evening, and I know our guests really enjoyed themselves! I highly recommend this venue if you're looking for a unique, but still classy, location for your wedding!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Kevin W

What an awesome space and an even better team! From our first contact to the actual event, everyone was very professional and very accommodating with our schedule. We planned the wedding from another state and they made sure they had someone available when we were in Columbus... Read More and wanted to see the space for the first time and for calls to ask questions or for our meetings with Courtney once we started the planning. The staff the night of the wedding and reception were so efficient that we never had to seek them out for anything, plus they checked in on a regular basis to make sure we didn't need anything just in case... The space is beautiful, with a lot of old world charm that really came out that night with the lighting they use. Awesome Team, Beautiful Space, Memorable Event!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016

My brother got married at Dock580 and it was just perfect. The venue was gorgeous, exposed brick, white string lights, excellent dance-floor, and the outdoor courtyard was the perfect spot for the wedding ceremony. The wedding planner, Tianna was amazing. Super professional,... Read More funny, accommodating, and most importantly calm. She kept us all in line and comfortable when we were nervous wrecks. The staff was amazing, so friendly and kind. Everything was set up just as the bride wanted and the venue looked amazing on the wedding day. It really relieved so many worries and made everyone so happy. The food was delicious too. After the wedding, the venue boxed up all the gifts/cake/flowers and loaded it into our car. We really couldn't ask for a better staff to help us. What could have been so much work and a total disaster was so smooth and easy. I would recommend this venue to anyone. It's not only gorgeous and unique, but they have the best staff and wedding planner.

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Emily T

My husband and I got married in the Loft last Saturday and could not have more rave reviews about dock580! We were so happy when they had a Saturday date available when we started planning last September because it was the ideal spot for our big day. The whole experience was... Read More phenomenal from start to finish and working with Emily in the planning stages made everything go smoothly the day of and relieved me of any additional stresses. Emily kept us on schedule and even helped out with my bustle when my bridesmaids were having difficulties with it so I could get back to the reception sooner. The venue looked amazing and brought my vision completely together and I had many guests comment on how it was the most unique and awesome venue they had been to for a wedding. Another aspect is the amazing food - the tasting event the dock580 hosts is super helpful in narrowing down the choices and it is by far the best wedding food I have had (and many guests agreed). From the friendly staff to the beautiful aesthetic to the impeccable coordinators, I would highly recommend dock580 and the incredible value and seamless wedding day they can provide.

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Kristiane S

I can't imagine a better place to have had my wedding. Our coordinator was Emily Gneiser, and she was phenomenal. This was the most affordable option by far for our wedding of 175 guests, and we did our event at the Venue, which included the terrace. Since we had a May wedding,... Read More we ordered the Tent for the terrace, which happened to be perfect as it kept our guests out of the sun, and provided plenty of space for our dance floor. The lighting was magical, and I couldn't be happier with my experience. If you're looking for an affordable, Columbus central location, this is the place for you. Their staff was friendly, accommodating, and extremely professional. The bar service was exceptional, and you can tell they really enjoy what they do. Jay, one of the owners, was also amazing in answering any questions I had about the venue and space. I honestly can't say enough nice things about the venue, the staff and the space. They made my day absolutely perfect.

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Sunea J

We had our ceremony and reception at Dock580 and it was the best choice we could have made. Our original cordianator was Courtney who was so sweet and wonderful to work with. Emily was our cordianator the day of the wedding and she was absolutely amazing. She handled everything... Read More and made the day stress free. Dock580 is a beautiful venue so any theme you pick will look amazing. Our guest couldn't stop talking about the beautiful venue and how delicious the food was. We were allowed to bring in our own alcohol which saved a lot of money. My husband and I can't stop talking about our wedding, it was the best day of our life. We appreciate Dock580 for making our day so wonderful. -Sunea & Seth Williams

Reviewed on 3/19/2016 Stephanie S

My husband and I got married this past December and hosted our wedding reception at The Loft- it was absolutely amazing! I don't think we could have picked a better place. Emily worked with us as our coordinator and she was absolutely FANTASTIC! We were a little concerned... Read More because we needed to set up a Christmas tree as our guests found their seats by picking ornaments off the tree with their names and table assignment. Emily worked with us so that we could set up the tree a couple days ahead of time since it wouldn't work for us to set it up the day of the wedding. She worked really hard to ease our anxieties. The fact that the wedding at Dock 580 comes with a wedding planner is a huge advantage. The food was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! The chef worked with us to create a custom menu that our guests will not forget. We constantly hear that our wedding food was the best wedding food our guests have ever had. We also saved a lot of money being able to purchase our own booze for the night. It made Dock 580 very affordable. I would highly recommend Dock 580 to folks getting married in Columbus. Two thumbs up! The only criticism we heard from our guests is that the building was a little hard to find, and parking for The Loft is a little tough to navigate as well. I would recommend spelling out the directions/ parking in your invitation and wedding website as clearly as possible.

Reviewed on 2/15/2016 Jamie H

My husband and I fell in love with Dock580 as soon as we saw the gorgeous space. We had both our ceremony and reception in "The Venue" and it looked amazing. Thanks to Courtney M. and the catering staff for making our special day so special. We had numerous compliments on the... Read More food too! Thanks again Dock580!

Reviewed on 12/07/2015 Amber P

Emily and the Dock 580 staff truly did an amazing job! From the months leading up to the day of they had everything under control. They kept track of every detail that I had envisioned for my day to be perfect. And when it came to dropping everything off at the venue Emily had a... Read More checklist for me to ensure that I did not forget a single thing. It was a bit of a stressful time and they really put my mind at ease. Every time I had a meeting with them I felt more and more confident that they were handling everything perfect for me. We had envisioned using their courtyard area for out ceremony (it really is a beautiful area), but rain on the day of ruined that plan. I thought that I would freak out, but after a few deep breaths I realized Emily and the staff really did have everything covered. They truly are the pros and they really did prove that that day. They had a back up plan for everything and I got so many compliments on the ceremony. Even the back up plan was wonderful! That day was the most at ease I felt for weeks leading up to the wedding. During the reception Emily really was the best! She made us feel like royalty! She got our plates for us, made sure we had drinks, kept us on our timeline, kept all of the vendors on the same page...we really had nothing to worry about that day except having a good time. The food was delicious! And all of the staff was wonderful. I got so many compliments on how well ran it was, how beautiful the venue was and how great the food was. If I had to go back and do it again I would pick Dock 580 again without any hesitation. It's the perfect choice for anyone.

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Angela H

We had our ceremony and reception at The Loft. Emily was our wedding coordinator and she was phenomenal!! Everything was beyond perfect, food, service, decor, etc. We LOVE everything about Dock580 and would recommend it to anyone looking for an awesome venue! Thank you so much... Read More for making our day oh so very perfect!

Reviewed on 11/19/2015 Lisa P

Dock 580 NAILED IT!! I was just married at The Loft space on Saturday. The food was exceptional, and they worked with us to create a unique menu. LaGina, the coordinator we worked with did not miss a beat, even when we were asking for things like making sure that the wine was... Read More properly aerated. For the price, I really don't think there is a place like it in Columbus. If you are getting married on site, I would suggest paying the extra coordinator fee, it made everything run very smoothly. As the bride, I was expecting for at least 1-2 things to go wrong on the day. NOTHING. DID. No detail was too small. It was beautiful, well coordinated and delicious. I couldn't ask for anything more.

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Rose S

My husband and I had our hearts set of Dock 580 from the second we got engaged, and oh boy did they not disappoint. Not only is this a fantastic venue (we got married at The Loft), but the staff and coordinators are so helpful and nice. Emily, our coordinator, was spot on the... Read More entire planning process, and made our night effortlessly enjoyable because she was so on top of everything. My husband and I cannot stop looking at our photos from the night because this venue is just too magical. It really does live up to it's potential, and it is fabulously priced! You cannot get a better deal that this, being able to bring your own alcohol AND they provide tons of decor necessities (i.e. tables, linens, waiters). I would recommend The Loft at Dock 580 a thousand times; this venue and the staff were simply amazing.

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Abbey M

Dock 580 is fabulous! Everyone we came into contact with and worked with (Jay, Tiahna, Emily, Mary, and the whole wait staff) were knowledgeable, understanding, and fun. We cannot say enough great things about Dock 580!

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Vanessa S

Really loved having my wedding here at the Venue. It was beautiful and romantic and everyone loved it. Wouldn't recommend having more than 120 people here because it can get crowded but having the bar outside helped tremendously and made it feel that much bigger.

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Jennifer V

Dock580 was an amazing investment for our wedding. Every single person that we met, whether it was the owner or a busboy, everyone was there to make sure we had the best wedding possible. Every person we worked with had a smile on their face, was happy to help and incredibly... Read More attentive. The venue is stunning. We opted for the Loft, the two story space with a built in bar. Our guests had the option of staying upstairs to avoid any loud music, there was space outside if they needed a break from the party or they could hang out downstairs on the dance floor, it was perfect. The Dock has an onsite kitchen where they make all of their catered meals and the food is fabulous. After we had agreed to have our wedding there, they set up a catered event where we could see the linens, try all of the food and meet some other vendors. It was the most thoughtful and exciting part. My parents loved trying all the dishes, seeing our wedding colors on the linens and meeting the staff. It was helpful and fun! The staff that was assigned to our wedding was so amazing. They were in constant communication, always answered my questions and never made me feel like I was a burden. The event staff was so helpful; they even put up our décor. The staff made everything beautiful and stress-free. Our guests were amazed and happy at the wedding. We have had so many compliments about how good the food was, how great the staff was, and how lovely the space was. I highly recommend them and will be back for sure!

Start a Conversation!