DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights

Arlington Heights, IL

One wedding at a time. Yours.

DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights can accommodate your wedding reception, wedding ceremony, or both. Opt for an outdoor setting next to our pond or choose our beautiful, contemporary ballroom with accommodations for up to 300 guests. Discounted sleeping room rates are available.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Hotel, Restaurant

Food + Catering, Planning

75 W. Algonquin Rd, Arlington Heights, IL

Reviewed on 11/13/2014 Kelsey P

We were extremely happy with how everything went with the Double Tree. We worked with Katrina who made our experience that much better. She always worked with us in our favor. From start to finish we always felt like we were getting a straight forward answer with no surprised in... Read More the end. We have nothing but good things to say about Katrina and working with the Double Tree. Bobbi was also very helpful with setting up the rooms and room rates for our guests. The day of our wedding Katrina had set up all the decorations to a tee. Everything looked elegant and perfect just the way we had pictured it to be. I would highly recommend working with the Double Tree and Katrina for your wedding!

Excellent with everything rolled into one

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Rachel B

We were planning our wedding from out of town, and after looking at other venues, chose the DoubleTree because of everything that was included in the packages. It made planning a breeze, since they handle the food, bar, cake, set-up, church and airport shuttles and hotel for... Read More guests. Katrina was very helpful in coordinating everything and even providing good recommendations for other services we needed. The staff was very flexible and accomodating to help make the reception personalized and not a routine hotel reception. The food was also delicious, everyone was very satisfied. From a bride's perspective, this was a great reception venue because it make everything so much easier! I would highly recommend it.

Perfect Wedding Reception Venue!

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Kenneth M

I recently had a wedding reception at the DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights and I couldn't have asked for a better wedding reception venue. The service was impeccable and the social catering manager - Katrina Loverde was amazing to work with. She helped to make... Read More the day as easy and perfect as possible. I made several changes to the floor plan and she helped insure that everything would work. She took care of place cards, menus, napkin folds, favors, and other vendors to make sure they were where they needed to be. We had a Chinese Tea Ceremony before the reception and the DoubleTree accommodated that ceremony with no issues. My maid of honor was a little nervous before her speech so she was eating very slowly but the staff did not rush her and actually took her food and shifted it to smaller plates so that she could still fit all of her food at the table. A few of our guests were late and the staff showed them to their table and gave them their food as soon as they arrived. The bartenders did a great job with our signature drink the "razzle dazzle." Our guests couldn't stop talking about how great the food and the razzle dazzles were. We even had an after party at the Birch River Grill and it was the perfect wind down to the evening. We were given the presidential suite for 2 nights and the room and bathrooms were fantastic. We had the better experience there.

Nice rooms

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Samantha L

The DoubleTree had affordable nice rooms for our guests. We did hear that some people had quite slow service in the restaurant (and we did ourself the following day for breakfast). Overall, I would recommend them for your hotel booking.

Reviewed on 8/06/2014 Stephanie T

It has almost been a year since our wedding and I am finally getting around to review! The hotel overall was lovely and with the flowers, candles and decorating, our wedding looked beautiful. My issue is that during the 9 months of planning starting with a tour of the hotel to... Read More the actual day of, we had 3 different coordinators. We signed with one person, had a tasting with a second and our event was completed by a third. The day of our wedding some of the things were not what we had originally discussed with the first coordinator and I feel like some details were lost when passed on to different people 3 times. Our final coordinator answered our emails promptly. The chair placement for ceremony was really squished and some guests had to stand because the room was small. We had to rearrange some of the chairs ourselves because they had chairs placed right next to the walls so there was only the center aisle available for guests to be seated. If you plan on having a bigger ceremony, you should not have it in the smaller rooms. Besides having 3 different coordinators and some details getting lost, our guests thought the wedding was beautiful. We had a lot of DIY things and they let us drop them off the Thursday before and let us set some things up on Friday night and left the banquet room doors open for us to do so and opened them pretty early in the morning as well. It was nice that this was a smaller hotel and they only do one event a night so we didn't have another wedding reception going on at the same time and didn't have to deal with guests going to the wrong party. The food was tasty and guest rooms were nice. We got a stay in a Presidential Suite that night and we were able to use it early afternoon to take some photos. They also included breakfast for us the next morning in their restaurant. The front desk staff was very nice and the room block manager, Bobbi, was very nice as well.

Christmas Wedding

Reviewed on 12/12/2013 Kelly K

When my fiancé and I chose the Double Tree as our venue we liked the laid back atmosphere and their Birch Tree Grill Bar. After booking, we ran into some issues with the Double Tree staff. The Double Tree went through three wedding planners during our engagement. This was... Read More very frustrating because information was not recorded and we had to keep repeating ourselves with each new wedding planner. Once we finally settled in with Barbra, our planner, things started to look up. Our wedding had tons of personal touches and the venue did a fantastic job decorating the space. The only downfall during the wedding day was that another party was planned in another room which caused for a very crowded cocktail hour. If you are planning a large wedding (200+) make sure that you have the run of the house. All in all, I was extremely pleased with the service on the days leading up to the wedding and the actual wedding day itself. I would recommend this venue to any bride looking for a cozy, laid back feel.

Amazing Suite!

Reviewed on 11/11/2013 Allison N

This hotel suite was absolutely worth the money! Bobbi was very helpful in planning our room blocks and all of our guests enjoyed their room. After the reception we had an after party in our room because it was so large! There was a living room with a bar area and bathroom in... Read More addition to the bedroom with a beautiful master bathroom with a shower as big as a small bedroom! Birch River Grill also served great food for our rehearsal dinner and breakfast. Do not hesitate to book your rooms here!

Outside ceremony site

Reviewed on 9/19/2013 Jasmin M

We used the DoubleTree Hotel for our ceremony site. They have an outdoor setting that overlooks this pond and fountain with trees providing shade. It was beautiful. The staff was helpful and made our wedding day stress free. We also stayed at this hotel and so did our guests.... Read More Great rooms, super comfortable beds and you get yummy cookies when you check-in. We were more than satisfied with the DoubleTree.

Reviewed on 8/14/2013 Lauren G

We got ready at this hotel in the honeymoon suite and on our wedding night, we stayed in the same suite. The manager, Bobbie, was so pleasant, kind and great to work with. I was so happy that I chose this hotel. I never had to worry about what was done for my guests because... Read More she took care of everything. The staff was wonderful. The accomodations were new, clean and updated. It was a great experience!!!

A truly amazing experience!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2012 Monica M

My husband and I found this venue right when we were starting to get discouraged. We were immediately drawn in by Vickie Boysen's energy and professionalism (the event coordinator there). She went through a tour and the package info with us and we were pretty much sold right... Read More then! The value was amazing and the package is pretty inclusive which was realllly helpful for planning purposes. We also loved all of the "convenience factors" they had to offer for our guests. The venue was close to O'Hare -my husband and I had friends from med school flying in from literally all over the country; the convenient location and their complimentary shuttle made it possible for them to come which was huge for us. And we liked that everyone could easily just stay the night at the hotel and have fun, stay up late... not have to worry about getting a taxi or driving home. Added bonus- the lady you work through to book the room block, shuttle, etc is one of the sweetest people I've ever met (Bobbie). Wedding night- Before the wedding night we thought the ballroom looked a little plain but when it was all done up with linens, lighting, flowers, etc... it looked amazing!!!! Completely transformed. The food was GREAT. We got so many compliments on the food. All of the staff was very friendly and pleasant. We were so very pleased with it all. As were my parents. My dad even thanked Vickie (event coordinator) in his speech because he knew how wonderful she had been to us and how much she had made my life/planning easier by being such a rockstar! If I could do it all over again I would have chose the exact same venue... from the food, to the cake, to the service, to the convenience, and especially the friendly/helpful staff members (this is HUGE when things get stressful)... we couldn't have asked for more!!!!!! 10 stars.

detail oriented

Reviewed on 7/18/2011 Missy L

Gina was our coordinator and she bent over backwards for us. She was constantly communicating with us and helping with any wedding details that she could. She stayed within our budget and threw in "extras" to help make our day perfect. She even volunteered to run our... Read More rehearsal, Unfortunately Gina was unable to be at the actual wedding due ti her fiance returning from Afganistan, but she left us in the hands of Pete who took off running and did an amazing job.

Double booked two weeks before wedding

Reviewed on 9/09/2010 Latrice R

I dont recommend any one with a brown complexion to book with them. Myself and fiancee didnt understand that this was actually happening in the year of 2010 we sense undertones of discrimination. We did have the wedding cermony there but did not have the reception. Also we... Read More still are running into problems with getting our items that was left after the ceremony, they claimed that it missing. I give them no rating, but the website makes you rate them.

TO DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights