Old Sturbridge Village

Sturbridge, MA

Timeless...Unforgettable...Historical.

A wedding at OSV is as unique as you are! Working with our experienced staff, create your perfect day from start to finish. Choose one of our many locations for your ceremony and reception. From rustic to modern...we ask you to envision the Village as your own in order to create your perfect day! Onsite lodging for your guests is also available at Old Sturbridge Village Inn & Reeder Family Lodges - a convenient and charming location for your wedding party and guests!

Ballroom, Museum, Historic Venue, Hotel, Park, Restaurant

Food + Catering, Planning

1 Old Sturbridge Village Road, Sturbridge, MA (508) 347-3362

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Treska C

I know it sounds like I'm gushing, but everything about this venue was incredible. First of all, the site is beautiful. There are so many lovely locations - for the wedding ceremony, for photos, for your guests to wander. Since it's also a museum, it meant there was something... Read More for our guests to enjoy before the wedding ceremony in the evening. The food was uniformly delicious. In addition to our reception, we also had our rehearsal dinner and our post-wedding brunch at OSV and everything was amazing. We were all a little sad that our stomachs only had a finite capacity, since there was so much to eat and enjoy The staff were fantastic. They made sure everything ran smoothly and seamlessly and were wonderful to work with. They took excellent care of us and helped ensure that our wedding day stress was practically non-existent. I recommend Old Sturbridge Village so highly, I wish I could give it more than 5 stars.

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Kathleen G

OSV was exactly what I had envisioned for my wedding. The food, the atmosphere was simply on point. The entire staff was amazing. If you are looking for amazing food and a unique venue that will blow your guests away, OSV is your place!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Jessica G

My husband and I chose OSV because we fell in love with the location as well as the food! Being reenactors ourselves, we appreciated the setting (which is beautiful year-round). The staff there are amazing and really attentive and accommodating, we had a slight hiccup where we... Read More couldn't find our photographer on the day of the wedding and the staff called him immediately. If there was a need at all before, during or after there was someone there to help! We really were blessed to have such support. I recommend every person I see to hold either an event there or a wedding. Super affordable and just a wonderful experience overall! ~ Jessica & Jase Gorton 28Oct2017

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Vaughn S

Our wedding was on October the 21st 2017. It was beautiful and articulated perfectly. The staff was outstanding and everyone had a wonderful time. I would recommend this to anyone looking to get married!

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Sydney K

We absolutely loved this venue and couldn’t have been more pleased. The staff was more than accomodating and went above and beyond including remembering who we were at brunch the next day. They were always there to answer questions and stop any disasters from happening. I... Read More couldn’t be happier with the food and the general setting for our pictures. Hands down I couldn’t have pictured a better day!!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Laura F

OSV was a fabulous place to have our wedding. The staff was attentive, helpful, and flexible. Lise, our wedding planner, went above and beyond. The day of the wedding I was able to let go of all the details I had been obsessing over for months and trust that Lise and the other... Read More staff members would take care of them. They not only took care of the details, but they blew my expectations out of the water. Our decorations were perfectly set up, and the schedule ran smoothly. Lise was fast to respond during the planning process and had great resources for us to make sure we didn't forget any details. The location was beautiful, well taken care of, and they worked perfectly with my venders so we didn't have to worry about being the in-between. I would absolutely recommend having your ceremony and reception at Old Sturbridge Village.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Elizabeth J

What a wonderful experience, from day one of planning through the day of our wedding OSV was fantastic and our wedding amazing. Lise was a wonderful coordinator and made the process seamless. Would recommend tremendously!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Amy M

Absolutely wonderful! Old Sturbridge Village truly provided a unique atmosphere that gave our wedding the rustic, yet elegant feel we wanted, and made it feel totally personalized. From the gorgeous antique lanterns, to the horse and carriage, to the outstanding service, our... Read More wedding was truly the wedding of our dreams (and at a price we could afford!). Denise and the staff that helped coordinate the wedding were amazing, and went above and beyond making sure every detail was set up perfectly (and there were a lot of them!), and were more than happy to answer any and all questions I had about our big day. We loved that the packages offered by the Village included so much too. It really took a lot of stress off of us while we were planning. They made the entire experience enjoyable. So many of our guests commented what a unique experience it was, and said it was a wedding that they would certainly remember for a long time to come. My husband and I couldn’t be happier. I would definitely recommend them for anyone looking for a truly magical place to get married.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Lori-Ann M

We loved our experience at Old Sturbridge Village. Adam was a great help and coorrindator! Everyone was so amazed at the uniquiness of the village and our set up. The food was excellent and service was wonderful! Adam was apart of every detail and responded so quickly with... Read More everyone email I sent. He also helped me stay calm when I was freaking out about finding a hair and make-up stylist for the big day in such a short period of time. We just can't say enough of OSV. This place means so much to us and we were just so excited and blessed to have a great day with all our famiy and friends stress free!.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Jason F

My husband and I had a fantastic experience from start to finish at Old Sturbridge Village. Our first-rate coordinator, Adam Garvey, worked with us at every step, listening carefully to all our ideas, concerns, and needs and not only meeting them but offering fresh new ideas and... Read More advice and always staying one step ahead of us. Food was delicious. Location was beautiful and amazing. Staff was incredibly friendly (especially Michelle our bartender), and most importantly we were treated like members of the OSV family from the first day we arrived on site for our meeting. Wish we could give it six stars. Thank you OSV! Wedding 9/24/17

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Gaby D

Old Sturbridge Village was the perfect place to have our wedding! We love the staff and management. They are extremely professional, efficient and friendly. The place has a very nostalgic and laid back feel that makes guests feel relaxed and happy. I loved the venue and... Read More highly recommend it and the horse carriages!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Elyse C

We cannot imagine a better place for anyone to get married! Whether you are looking for an indoor or outdoor event, vintage or garden ceremony, a spacious room to party in, an intimate gathering, Old Sturbridge Village has it all, for any season! We fell in love with OSV the... Read More minute we walked into the Village; we were transported to another era and knew it would be the most beautiful, unique wedding our friends and family would ever see, rain or shine! Go to explore and you will instantly understand! Excited to take all of your wedding photos? OSV has barns, farms, covered bridges, flowers, trees, ponds, animals, a Church, horse-drawn carriages, muskets, ladies in bonnets, the Tavern, stone walls, and the list goes on and on. Tip: splurge for the carriage and after your ceremony on your trip through the countryside, ask your Photographer to meet you at all of these different spots to capture amazing moments. Need great food at your wedding? OSV has it! They provided us with the most amazing tasting, making the menu selection probably the most difficult part of planning our wedding because we couldn't say "Yes" to everything! Lastly, but maybe most importantly, OSV has a team of employees that are truly some of the best, most enjoyable people we have ever met. Adam was our main contact and immediately upon meeting him, knew how much fun he would be to work with. He offered advice, answered our never-ending questions so quickly, and was excited about our day throughout all of our planning--this makes a HUGE difference in how enjoyable planning your wedding will be! An example of how amazing Adam is: Adam went out of his way to make one of our trips to Sturbridge with my parents outstanding after hearing that we got snowed in and had to stay overnight at the Inn--he is a tremendous asset to OSV and we were so lucky to work with him. Our head server Shelby was so wonderful and kind at our tasting that we asked her to be a part of our reception and she ran the show! Our Bartender got rave reviews from our guests and made it a point to find us to Congratulate and bring us drinks when we needed them the most! Chip performed our ceremony and encouraged us to recite vows that were unique and more our style, our banquet manager jumped into our photo booth at the end of the night with some servers to give us a few surprise gems when we looked through all of the shots. The drivers of the carry-all and carriage were beyond great, and I know there are many many many more people who helped make our day special. It is easy to see that these are people that truly love and take great pride in the Village and it shines through in how they treat their couples and perform their jobs. This is what makes OSV truly stand out above the rest!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Katrina B

OSV gave us a beautiful wedding ceremony and reception. Lise was our Wedding Coordinator and she is incredibly kind, generous, and responsive. Over our 17 month engagement we called and emailed numerous times with different questions about planning, reservations, etc. and she... Read More was always immediate in getting us just what we needed. All of our vendors commented on how detail-oriented she was. We also really appreciate all of the little things she did to make our day seamless such as reserving a wheelchair for my grandfather or taking us around in a golf-cart after the ceremony to sneak in a few quick pictures before our cocktail hour. Our favorite part of the venue was the outdoor space. The village made for beautiful pictures and such a unique and intimate ceremony. We were married outside the meeting house and LOVED the experience of taking the horse-drawn carryall into the ceremony. The feeling of having this entire village surrounding you -- shut down and filled only with the people who care about you most -- is unmatched. The staff also followed our detailed plan for arranging the decor for our reception in the Oliver Wight Tavern perfectly, making for a beautiful space. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Lacey L

We got married in the Salem Towne Garden with our reception at the Bullard Tavern and everything was perfect. Lise was our wedding coordinator, and she was amazing! From the beginning she was so enthusiastic about working with us and made the planning process so easy and... Read More stress-free. We hardly had to do anything because OSV includes so much in their package. The day of the wedding Lise went above and beyond to make sure everything ran smoothly. She even drove us around the village so we could get pictures at all of the best spots. At all times there was someone available to make sure we had everything we needed and that the guests knew where to go. My wife and I had our dream wedding and would definitely recommend OSV as a venue for any occasion.

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Ashlie F

February 2017, 110 guests Our wedding at Old Sturbridge Village (OSV) was better than we ever dreamed. OSV offers an all-inclusive wedding experience. Denise was our wedding coordinator & made planning manageable, stress-free & organized. Ben & I do not live in the area so we... Read More planned our wedding long-distance with specific dates for tastings, venue visits, etc. & Denise was extremely flexible, accommodating & responsive, especially considering our unique situation. Not only did we receive a prompt response any time we contacted Denise, but we always felt at ease & excited after speaking with her. Denise thought of everything to make our day special & comfortable for us & our guests. Denise either planned, coordinated, or executed each aspect of our wedding discussed in this review & we were so lucky to have her. The village itself is wonderful during any season. We visited summer of 2016 when the foliage was lavish & the farm animals grazed in the sunshine. Needless to say, we fell in love with OSV right away! A blanket of snow covering the village in February was breathtaking & rustic buildings greet you with wood burning fireplaces. The pathways of the village twinkled at night with candlelit lanterns. Horse drawn carryalls escorted guests to our ceremony at the Center Meetinghouse. Friday’s Rehearsal dinner was in the Bullard Tavern. We chose a New England style buffet & it was absolutely delicious. Our guests loved the clam chowder, roast turkey, & apple-cranberry pie served from a cast iron skillet. Hot mulled apple cider with apple brandy was well received on a chilly winter evening. Special thanks to Lisa, Michelle and the wonderful staff for being so accommodating and providing top notch service. On Saturday, we had access to the spacious bridal suite where the staff had snacks waiting for us prior to the ceremony. Following the ceremony at the Center Meetinghouse, the village musketeer fired into the night sky as Ben & I were whisked away in a private horse drawn carriage ride for two. Cocktail hour & reception took place in the Oliver Wright Tavern (OWT). Hors d’oeuvres favorites were tomato soup shooters with mini grilled cheese, & mushrooms stuffed with andouille sausage. The bartenders were professional & efficient. I never saw a line of guests waiting for a beverage. OWT had plenty of room for our dance floor, DJ & photo booth, along with a back room with a fireplace we used for a dessert buffet. We dropped off all decorations in advance & the staff set everything out for us. We didn’t have to worry about a thing! For dinner, braised short ribs, sun-dried tomato crusted pesto chicken & eggplant cannelloni- all was delicious! The dessert station served our wedding cake with Italian pastries & coffee. The next day, our guests enjoyed brunch buffet at OWT. The food was wonderful & the staff was flexible when more guests attended than planned. We will never forget our storybook wedding at Old Sturbridge Village. Countless guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to. Thank you OSV for a once in a lifetime fairytale wedding. Note: See reviews for Justice of the Peace, Stoddard Melhado; musician, Lindsay Straw; florist, Ladyslipper Designs; photographer, Alan a. photo; videographer, Silver Birch Video; Francesco’s Italian Bakery; DJ, All That Events; Signature Touch Spa, The Reeder Family Lodges; Host Hotel and Conference Center.

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Amy C

My husband and I were married at OSV on October 2, 2016. We had our reception in the Oliver Wight Tavern and our rehearsal dinner at Bullard Tavern. We couldn’t be happier with our choice of venue! This is not only a unique and special place to get married, but the staff really... Read More go above and beyond. Denise was our coordinator and she was such a pleasure to work with. She responded quickly to all of our questions throughout the entire process and was so calm and organized. We were so impressed by how well our day was coordinated and the extra care they took when setting everything up- from the small details at our ceremony to the tables at the reception, our coordinator and the staff understood exactly what we wanted and executed it beautifully. I really wanted to do a lot of DIY touches and make our day feel personal. I was blown away with how accommodating they were and how they understood the importance of these details. The food was absolutely amazing for both our rehearsal and reception, as well! Our guests certainly did not leave hungry! Planning a wedding can be overwhelming, but we couldn’t have imagined a smoother and easier experience working with OSV. We really wanted to have a stress-free wedding day and not have to worry about anything. From the wedding tasting event to the details appointment with our coordinator, everything was laid out and taken care of in advance and with incredible care and organization. In addition, Denise was very respectful of our budget and took the time to work with us to make sure we were comfortable and understood exactly what the cost would be. There were no hidden fees or surprises on our bill- we knew exactly what to expect. What really struck us was that even though they have so many weddings at OSV each year, they really made sure to listen to what we wanted and we felt so special on our wedding day. Our guests continue to rave about how unique and magical the setting at OSV was. You won’t find a more charming setting for your big day, or a staff that cares as much about making your day perfect. If we could do it all over again, we would choose OSV in a heartbeat! We can’t recommend this wonderful place enough!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Jaime K

I absolutely loved my wedding at Old Sturbridge Village! I had first been to OSV on a elementary school field trip. About 3 years ago, my husband (my boyfriend at the time) and I went again, and I knew right away that I wanted to have my wedding there someday. I did not have to... Read More invest much in decor because of how naturally beautiful OSV is, especially during the fall. Lise Soper was my coordinator and she was very helpful. I am a natural worrier and Lise made it easy to keep calm on the day of the wedding as she took care of all the details. As I was in the horse drawn carriage riding toward my husband in the Salem Towne garden to say "I do," I felt like a princess. I just love OSV so so so much and I am hoping to start spending our anniversary there each year! I DEFINITELY recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for an affordable magical day.

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Jessica S

I cannot recommend Old Sturbridge Village as a wedding venue enough. It was such a fantastic experience. Adam and I were a somewhat non-traditional couple (we have two children and wanted a low-key wedding, and got married on 11/26/16, just two days after Thanksgiving). We were... Read More thrilled with Lise and the others. Our wedding day was relaxing and magical. I couldn't ask for a better experience, and they were very accommodating throughout!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Raquel B

We had the wedding of our dreams at Old Sturbridge Village! Prior to booking our wedding at OSV, we had been to two weddings there so we were aware of the outstanding job that they do. However, my expectations were totally surpassed! We worked with Lise, who was tremendously... Read More helpful and made our wedding planning stress free! Especially the day of the wedding, Lise had everything under control, which allowed me to sit back and get pampered!! We had a November 5pm wedding, so it was dark at the time of the wedding. Candle lanterns lit the way to the meetinghouse and our guests rode a horse and carriage up to the meetinghouse. We also opted for the musket salute, which our guests LOVED. Everything went off without a hitch and all of the servers and bartenders were professional and so welcoming to our guests. The actual food amazing, and our guests have been complimenting us ever since! In sum, if you are looking for a rustic/romantic type wedding, OSV is the place for you - you won't be disappointed. I'll never forget my wedding day and the people as OSV that made it to special.

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Tracy P

Russ and I were married at OSV on 11/26/16; we had a magical day. Adam was our coordinator and he was incredible. Every detail from small to large was so well orchestrated. He was super attentive, remembering fine details about "special" attendees (my dad and his scotch... Read More preference, Russ' mom and her needs, etc). He made sure that we all kept to a timetable, but we never felt rushed. In fact, one of my biggest concerns was that the day would go by in the blink of an eye and I wouldn't have opportunity to savor the experience. While the day did indeed fly, it was because I was having such a great time and had no worries! Our servers were also amazing...Rick, Shelby, Mark and Aaron were awesome. Friendly and outgoing, it was great to see smiling faces that seemed legitimately happy to be part of our night. Melissa, our bartender...wow. She handled our crew of imbibers without any issues. Russ and I loved stopping over to share a joke with her as the night progressed. Our photographer popped over to get a shot of us at the bar and she moved to get out of the frame. Russ and I immediately called her back...we wanted to see her in the picture! I made a mistake with an entree selection for one of the guests. I heard about it the following day (and by another attendee). There was no drama or concern...the staff (and I'm not sure who was serving his table), simply fixed MY mistake. There are many others (George our Surrey driver and Barney, the horse), the Carry-All driver and his horses, as well as the catering manager, the attendants at the Meeting House, the team that sets up the room, as well as the kitchen help that I don't know or can't recall by name. I know that each of those people had a role in making our day what it was.

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Katherine S

We had our 8/27/2016 wedding at OSV. We were married in the old village on the common in front of the meeting house, our cocktail hour was outside and our reception at the Oliver Wight Tavern. We were very fortunate to work with Lise Soper from day one. She was amazing and... Read More incredibly responsive to every detail. She always made us feel comfortable and met all of our requests. We fell in love with the venue during our first tour and received so many compliments and comments such as "fairy tale wedding"..."picture perfect venue". We had a full Episcopal service on the common with our reverend from NYC. My father and I arrived by horse/carriage entrance and he surprised us with the musket firing. Many of our guests commented that it was the most beautiful ceremony they had ever attended. We had one simple flower arrangement (Florist: Ladyslipper) at the ceremony; it was truly the backdrop of the meeting house and old village that created the atmosphere. We are both from New Hampshire originally, however, we met and live in New York City. We were nervous about what our friends from Manhattan would think of the food. We chose the Federalist package. To be honest, we left our initial tasting feeling 'so-so'. However, we were very pleased on the night of our wedding. The passed appetizers at cocktail hour were wonderful. The staff was very attentive and brought them to us as we chose to take the horse/carriage after and take pictures together in the village. One of the best compliments we received about the food was re: the chicken from a friend who owns an acclaimed wedding venue in New Jersey. He specifically noted that he was impressed with the "double french cut" and how it was cooked to perfection. The cake was amazing (Francesco's) and is included in your package. You get so much for what you pay for! So many of our friends/family were skeptical when we chose a place they remembered as an 'old museum' however they were all blown away. People continue to tell us that our pictures are breathtaking. Don't hesitate, book OSV today!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Kayla B

Our wedding at OSV was perfect! The Venue is beautiful, the photos stunning so far, the food was amazing, and our guests LOVED riding up to the ceremony site in the horse drawn carriage. Possibly the best thing about getting married at OSV is the staff. Our coordinator, Adam,... Read More was awesome. He helped us plan our wedding remotely after a move pulled us away in the middle of planning, and everything went off without a hitch. The rest of the staff was super helpful and friendly. We got to work with our waiters (Mark and Aaron) for the entire weekend. Everything about OSV is top notch, even down to their recommended vendor list. What's more, we can come back and visit where we got married for years to come.

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Alicia W

I can't say enough about our wedding at OSV. Despite the rain we had a beautiful wedding ceremony in the old meeting house complete with horse and carriage transport for our guests. Adam was fantastic to work with. He was very flexible and able to accommodate all of our needs. I... Read More would suggest that when you drop off your things be sure to explain to the staff everything that you have dropped off yourself. I relied on a friend and some very important items did not make it out for the reception because they were underneath the programs for the ceremony. Among these were our wedding favors which my father had to explain in his toast and some pictures that belonged on our memory table. Had I taken the time to explain to the staff the contents of the boxes this would not have been a problem.

Reviewed on 8/08/2016

Old Sturbridge Village was an incredible venue that we would use again for any large gathering or party. Throughout the whole planning process, Adam, our OSV coordinator, responded so quickly to every email and phone call. He always answered within 24 hours no matter the content... Read More of the email. On the day of the rehearsal dinner and wedding, my husband and I were treated like royalty by all the staff. The OSV staff also treated my family so well. They made sure my mom was relaxed and my 92 year old grandfather received excellent service. It was worth every penny for such a relaxed, elegant affair.

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Maruta V

Getting marries at Old Sturbridge Village was the best decision we made for our wedding (aside from deciding to get married in the first place)! :) Our contact Adam was simply amazing - very responsive, patient, helpful, attentive, and understanding. Working with him was truly a... Read More pleasure! Moreover, his level of attention to detail blew me away. Days before our wedding, Adam e-mailed me to let me know that he had surveyed the garden where we were scheduled to have our ceremony, and he had made sure that all lilacs were either finished blooming or were cleared away. Why? Because he remembered that I had mentioned eons ago that I was very allergic to the blooms! Now THAT is the kind of help you need and want for your wedding planning! Our wedding was truly magical largely in part to the amazing OSV staff, and to the vendors that they had recommended (I found our phenomenal florist through OSV, as well). And on top of it all, OSV even gave us a beautiful personalized, hand-made platter with our names and wedding dates on it! Talk about going above and beyond! Our guests loved every part of our wedding, and so did we. Don't hesitate to book your wedding here - you will not regret it!