Pine Peaks Event Center in Crosslake, MN

Ballroom, Barn, Historic Venue, Hotel, Park

Planning

39957 Swanburg Road South, Cross Lake, MN (612) 986-6800

Reviewed on 9/01/2017

We had a lot of family and friends that made their first trip to Minnesota for our wedding, and all of them were absolutely blown away by the beauty of the area and the serenity of the Event Center. Thank you Dave and Julie for everything. As my wife and I reflect on our week... Read More at your facility, we can truly say that it was perfect. I have and will continue to recommend you to everyone that I meet.

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Kaci O

We booked Pine Peaks because we wanted to celebrate for a full weekend rather than just 8 hours on a Saturday, and we were absolutely blown away the whole weekend through! Dave and Julie were there to help set up for our rehearsal dinner on Friday (which my parents grilled... Read More onsite with no problems! I loved having the opportunity to have a home-cooked meal at our venue!) and make sure our vision for our wedding day came together perfectly. I loved that they took the time to get to know us personally and understand our style - so much so that we actually just let Julie decorate our full dessert room on her own, and it matched everything else perfectly! They had so many decorations available to use at the Event Center, and it was all included in the original price. There was no nickel-and-diming or hidden costs, and Dave and Julie were more than willing to help, any time. As a same-sex couple, my wife and I wanted to make sure that the vendors we chose had no issues with same-sex marriages, and Dave and Julie were absolutely wonderful; beyond excited to help us celebrate our love. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how beautiful the venue was and how fun it was to see Julie out snapping pictures for us, and I loved the fact that we got to keep the dancing going until 1:00 AM and then continue the celebration with our wedding party at the Retreat House. I couldn't have imagined a better wedding weekend, and I would absolutely recommend Pine Peaks to any and everyone I could!

Wonderful Value & Attention to Detail

Reviewed on 12/26/2015 Corin G

Dave and Julie were extremely attentive and personable from start to finish. Throughout the entire planning process, they responded quickly to any phone-calls and emails inquiring about their event center and the amenities we could take advantage of at no additional cost; we... Read More truly felt like we were one of the only couples they were working with. Upon our arrival a few days before the wedding, Dave, Julie and the Pine Peaks Event Center staff made our set-up stress free. The event center was extremely clean with winter decor already on display fitting our desired theme. Pulling the rest of the details into place was painless. For the amount of value we received from Pine Peaks Event Center and staff, in addition to the breathtaking views, we would gladly recommend this venue to our family and friends.

Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Cori L

Our experience with Pine Peaks Event Center was incredible and nothing less than perfection. Our wedding was on a beautiful October day in my hometown of Crosslake and Tyler and I received nothing but compliments on the peaceful beauty surrounding this event center. Pine Peaks... Read More Event Center has a great selection of decorations to browse through and having access to them for our wedding allowed for a seamless and stress free set up of the reception area the day before the wedding. Julie was there to help guide us in any decoration advice and helped us to create the wedding vision we always imagined. Any questions that we needed answered about the location, about decorations, about any minor detail, were answered promptly and professionally. If an answer could not be given then Dave and Julie worked hard to provide us with the information needed. They went above and beyond our expectations! It was also convenient to be able to host our rehearsal dinner, our wedding, and ceremony all at the same location! And the icing on top of the cake was being able to stay in a beautiful retreat house with our wedding party that was right next to the event center!! Tyler and I would recommend Pine Peaks Event Center to anyone. It provided us with beautiful, memorable wedding day!

2015-10-29T21:22:07 Response from the vendor

Cori and Tyler, thank you so much for this review. What we remember most about your weekend was your attention to detail in the planning stage of your wedding. Cori, when you arrived everything was planned out with all the major decisions made. This allowed... Read Less Read More

Best Wedding Ever!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Angie K

We just had our wedding here on October 10th. We had booked this venue almost two years ago, and we are completely happy with how much it has grown since we first booked! This venue is first of all amazing because you stay with your wedding party for 3 nights and can stay an... Read More additional night with your fiancée if you want! It includes everything a bride could want: a beautiful outdoor ceremony location, as well as a back up indoor location, all the decorations imaginable, flexible and helpful staff who really make you feel at home, phenomenal food, tons of beautiful spots for photographs, lodging for all of your wedding party at the same place as your wedding and tons more. I really could go on and on about everything this place has to offer, but I really would recommend calling and talking to the owners or even visiting if you are considering getting married! Our wedding day went flawlessly because of all of the love and support that Pine Peaks has to offer!

2015-10-13T09:30:00 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thank you so much Angie and Steve for the great review. Your review has captured the essence of Pine Peaks and what we have to offer engaged couples. Your wedding was well planned and we received many positive comments from your wedding guests. Thank... Read Less Read More

Amazing Venue!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Mikal F

I had my wedding at the Pine Peaks Event Center on September 19th, 2015. It was absolutely perfect! This venue is one of the most beautiful places for a wedding! All of my guests were raving about how they have never seen anything like it. Dave and Julie do such an amazing job... Read More at helping with all the details to ensure that your day is perfect! They, or another staff is around to answer any questions you may have. I also love all the decorations Pine Peaks has to offer. Having so many decorations to choose from gave me numerous ideas, and it was very nice to not have to buy my own and haul them up north. They staff is absolutely amazing at helping give you decorating ideas and setting up! My day would not have been so perfect without all their help. I would recommend Pine Peaks to everyone! It truly is one of a kind, and I am so happy that is where I chose to spend one of the happiest days of my life!

2015-10-05T09:44:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this amazing review. We enjoyed helping to make your dream wedding come true. Dave and Julie

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Mikal F

The absolute best experience of my life

Reviewed on 10/01/2015

My husband and I got married at Pine Peaks in September and it was truly the most perfect day of our lives. Dave and Julie (the owners) are a god send and so willing to work with exactly what you want and need.At first the price sounds a bit scary, but it comes with... Read More everything... The retreat house, the event center, all their decor, all your tables and chairs, your linens... It takes so much of the busy work out of planning your wedding! For perfectionist/micro-managing brides like I was, YOU WILL LOVE that you get to decorate everything yourself in the days leading up to the wedding and put your own personal touch on your entire experience. The staff is prepared, helpful, and willing to do absolutely anything you need to make your day PERFECT. My wedding at Pine Peaks will forever be one of my fondest memories. Thank you so much Pine Peaks!!!!

2015-10-02T09:19:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words. We enjoyed helping you fulfill your dream wedding. The amount of thought and effort you put into planning also made it happen and we are glad that we could be a part of it.

Best Wedding Ever!

Reviewed on 8/23/2015

If you are looking for the perfect wedding venue…look no further! Pine Peaks Event Center has everything you need. No only did we plan our wedding from across the globe in China, but we also celebrated with loads of family and friends from England and America. We couldn’t have... Read More planned a tri-continental wedding without a venue like this! I tend to stress easily and struggle with logistics, but this venue made our wedding fun and relaxing. Any ideas we had, such as a Union Jack flag, Dave and Julie happily accommodated, making us feel at ease so we could enjoy our big day. Perhaps the best part of the experience was that it wasn’t just one day, but a long weekend that allowed us to make memories with both our families that we’ll remember forever! My family joked that any other weddings we have will need to be at Pine Peaks or they just won’t measure up. Wouldn’t have wanted it anywhere else and can’t recommend Pine Peaks Event Center enough!

Pine Peaks Event Center

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Ashley C

I could not be happier with the way my wedding turned out at Pine Peaks Event Center. Dave and Julie are amazing , they help you all along the way customizing your wedding the way you have dreamed of. I cannot say enough good things about this place: the gardens are beautiful,... Read More convenience of having the grooms dinner at the same place, and the retreat house for our friends and wedding party was great. I would pick Pine Peaks Event Center again in a heartbeat !!

THE PERFECT Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 8/09/2015

Our daughter's wedding at Pine Peaks Event Center outside of Cross Lake, MN was perfect! The gardens and event center were gorgeous! We had numerous gushing compliments on the venue and food all night long! Dave & Julie and their recommended vendors are awesome to work with.... Read More It seemed like every time we were going to help set up, Dave & Julie or Beth or Kate S from catering, had already done it! Any issue that was brought up was quickly resolved. We really liked having a few different areas for guests to mingle besides inside the event center--patio, covered patio, lawn games, bar area. We would recommend getting the cabin for the wedding party as this leaves more rooms available at the hotels for your out of town guests. If you are looking for a beautiful wedding venue that has everything in one place, this is it! You will not be disappointed!!

Perfect July Wedding at Pine Peaks Event Center

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Stefanie M

We got married at Pine Peaks Event Center on July 18th, 2015. We had the most fantastic weekend and most perfect day celebrating our marriage! We heard nothing but compliments, excitement, and raving reviews from our guests about the venue, decorations, set-up, and beauty of the... Read More land. It felt almost like we were on our own private island where the whole weekend was about us. Because the venue is outside of the actual city of Crosslake, it is private and you really feel like the whole area is yours to decorate and enjoy. We loved the cabin and being able to have our whole wedding party stay with us there. It was so nice to just be able to hang out in such a fun, relaxing, well thought out cabin where everyone could just hang out together. One of our favorite things was seeing all of our family and friends, many of who had never met before hanging out all together and getting to know each other. We had our rehearsal dinner in the venue patio area, our ceremony in the gardens, and our reception inside. Because it was a nice day/night we were able to have people hanging out inside, at the bar area, in the gardens, and playing lawn games. It was the perfect venue! We really couldn't think of any better way to describe our weekend and day other than PERFECT!! Dave and Julie were extremely helpful and any little hiccup that came up they immediately fixed or helped to fix. Beth was so helpful in setting up and coming up with ideas for our reception area. I couldn't have made the area so beautiful without her ideas and expertise. Everyone was there for us that weekend and willing to do anything to make our day perfect. We would recommend this venue to anyone looking to get married! It's been a few weeks since our wedding and we are still thinking and talking about it and we are still hearing great things from our guests! We loved Pine Peaks Event Center!

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Sam D

Where to begin? We loved every single aspect about Pine Peaks! My husband and I got married at Pine Peaks on July 11 and couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. Dave and Julie, the owners of the event center, were amazing to work with. From the day we booked back in... Read More September to our wedding day in July they were a pleasure to work with. Dave was prompt with answering my many questions via email and was always very helpful. They were accommodating to my many requests and questions and always have the goal of making your day special. The days leading up to our wedding were stressful for me, but the staff at Pine Peaks made my vision come to life effortlessly. All the staff were helpful and went above and beyond for us. We loved having our entire wedding party stay at the onsite cabin. It was so fun for all of us to spend that time together! The food provided by Maucieri's was amazing! We got so many compliments! Kate, the catering manager was also so great to work with! As cliché as it sounds, July 11 was the best day of our lives. Everything went perfectly all thanks to everyone at Pine Peaks! I would recommend Pine Peaks to anyone who is looking for a place to get married! It was beautiful! Everyone was amazing to work with and I'm so thankful for each and every one of them!

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Sam D

A Beautiful Beginning

Reviewed on 7/29/2015

My son and his beautiful bride had their wedding at Pine Peaks on the 4th of July! Everything was just beautiful. Dave and Julie were so very helpful beforehand with the arrangements, decorations, vendor partners, grooms dinner and helping to ensure the wedding day was perfect.... Read More Their location is stunning and the extras that they offer as well as their great relationship with their vendor partners is such a valuable asset when planning an event like this. I would highly recommend them and their resort!

Bride

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Emma P

We loved Pine Peaks! Dave and Julie were great to work with and really made sure our day was perfect!

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Mackenzie W

Pine Peaks Event Center and Retreat House is, hands down, the most beautiful venue I have ever seen. My husband and I wanted a MN outdoor wedding up north. We looked at venues on the North Shore along with well-known venues in the Brainerd area and none of them came close to... Read More Pine Peaks. The venue has everything you would ever need to have a wedding of your dreams when it comes to personalizing your wedding and finding people (Dave and Julie) whom you trust to make sure everything goes smoothly. We stayed at Pine Peaks Wednesday-Monday having a bridal party/family get together before along with the groom's dinner on site. Family members near and far are still talking about how amazing the venue was with everything it had to offer. Dave and Julie (owners) felt like family. Their quick responses and flexibility allowed the planning process to run smoothly. Dave offered help starting the day we arrived and Julie not only has an eye for decorating but she is a wonderful photographer! I can't imagine any other venue having owners that would be as helpful, kind and thoughtful throughout the whole process, especially the week of the wedding. They personalize the wedding to you and are just as excited for the big day. Wherever and whenever you needed help they would be there. Dave even volunteered to run the music at our ceremony. I honestly cannot say enough about these two. We are so thankful for finding Pine Peaks Event Center because it is truly a diamond in the rough. The venue (and retreat center) was not only what we hoped for but surpassed all of our expectations. Thank you Dave and Julie!!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Mackenzie W

A Breathtaking Time

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Linnea K

Dave and Julie really made our experience warm, inviting and very helpful. They had accidentally double booked us for mid April and was able to work with us by adjusting our date later to the end of June at a discounted rate. The venue was amazing. We also stayed in the house... Read More that was great for getting ready and not have to worry on getting rushed. I would highly recommend Pine Peaks Retreat.

Reviewed on 6/24/2015 Mikayla R

I have a Cabin in Crosslake. The area has always been my absolute favorite place to come in the summer. When I saw pictures of this Venue on the Knot, I was like how have I not heard of this place. My BOYFRIEND and I just had to go check it out. So, Labor Day weekend 2014 we... Read More E-mailed Dave and Julie who were eager to let us come and tour their establishment. The instant we pulled into the driveway of the Event Center we knew it was going to be the place we would get married some day. Dave showed us the Event center, the Retreat house, and every last detail of the Venue and asked us when we were thinking we wanted to get married. We weren't even engaged yet! So, he then offered us a last minute date he had open for June 13, 2015 (9 mo away)! We laughed but were SOOO in love with the place that we took the night to think about it. Needless to say, we came back the next day and signed the agreement!! (Thanks Dave for our romantic Engagement story!! haha!) But that is what this Event Center is! It will take the words right out of your mouth, not believing you could find a more perfect place for a wedding. It's your perfect Minnesota "Woodsy" Cabin Style Wedding if that's what you're into. Dave and Julie and their entire team are THE most professional, helpful, and amazing people I have ever had a business relationship that also felt like a friendship. They were on hand 24/7, email responses within minutes! Everything went sooo smoothly my wedding weekend I couldn't have imagined a more perfect wedding. I wouldn't take the decision to get married at this Venue back in a million years! Besides marrying my husband, this is the second best decision I've made in my life. In fact, I will be back to help with future weddings Dave and Julie will host here because I will work for him just to be back to re-enjoy this place again!!! --- Don't fear the Drive! Every SINGLE guest that came to my wedding said it was THE BEST wedding they've ever been to. My Bridal Party wants to have a reunion here next year. Everyone literally LOVED it! And, I'm happy to have the best wedding ever! (Bragging rights!)

Pine Peaks Retreat and Event Center

Reviewed on 6/10/2015

I highly recommend Pine Peaks Retreat and Event Center for your wedding. Dave and Julie were great during the whole process. They were so accommodating and were there to answer and help with any questions you have. When we visited Pine Peaks we knew right away and did not look... Read More at another venue. Their customer service was flawless. I lived almost 3 hours away so they made this experience stress-free. We also planned our 170 guest wedding in 75 days and couldn't have done it without Dave and Julie's exceptional customer service. It was great to have the place for a few days to allow for set-up and to just relax with your family and friends. The retreat house is amazing and is a nice convenience to have right next door, this really takes the stress away. It was also a plus that they had all of the decorations and linens for you to use. All of our guests were amazed as well and still talk about this place to us. Thank you to Dave and Julie for a wonderful experience, we couldn’t ask for anything better.

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Tasha W

Dave and Julie at Pine Peaks Event Center exceeded every expectation I had for my wedding day! John and I were married on May 2nd 2015, a date that had a lot of challenges. We paid for the wedding ourselves so we were very conscious of what we got for our dollar. We had our... Read More hearts set on an outdoor wedding but new this might not be possible considering the unpredictable Minnesota weather. Dave and Julie helped us prepare for an outdoor ceremony and also problem solved possible weather issues. We were lucky and had a record high temp for our wedding and no rain, but Dave and Julie's attention to detail had me feeling confident despite the weather outcome. Dave was so flexible in terms of site visits and helping our wedding vision come to life. Julie has a unique eye for decorating and was a huge asset while trying to construct a cohesive theme. I could not have asked for a better venue or two people more dedicated to making our special day a huge success. It is obvious that these two people love the marriage process and it shows in the detail and pride they take in their work. Pine Peaks Event Center is worth every penny we spent!

Phenomenal!!

Reviewed on 3/06/2015 Kristine B

Phenomenal!! My husband & I were married on Feb 7th, 2015 and used Pine Peaks Event Center as our reception venue. WOW! When we first toured the property, we knew immediately there was no other venue that could compare to this! It fit our vision for a northern Minnesota winter... Read More wedding perfectly! The venue is already draped with tooling & lights in a tasteful manner, not to mention the amount of decorations the owners already had on site which we were free to use however we liked. The outdoors is beautifully landscaped as well with a pond, outdoor lighted patio, and a firepit. The owners, Dave & Julie, were not only professional, but helpful and flexible. They have great communication skills and service. We always received an immediate response by phone, text or email whenever a question arose. Dave made sure all of the technical aspects were taken care of, as well as keeping the venue heated properly & even kept a roaring fire going outside for our guests to enjoy. Julie was never far away, helping put final touches on decorations prior to the event and even taking photos of our day (just for fun!) which were emailed to us the next morning! We also rented the Retreat house on the property from Thursday thru Sunday, which was just a few yards from the reception venue. We hosted our rehearsal dinner at the house and our entire wedding party stayed there for the duration of the weekend. We made so many memories & had a blast! We received SO many compliments on our wedding & venue choice. If you are looking to have the wedding of your dreams, Pine Peaks Event Center is the place!!

Your "all inclusive" wedding venue

Reviewed on 2/08/2015

When planning our wedding I had dreamed of a place where everything would be stress free, making it easier to enjoy every minute of our day. Pine Peaks has it all! Dave and Julie go over and above to help make your wedding everything you could have ever dreamed of. We were able... Read More to enjoy every moment of our day thanks to all the wonderful people that work so closely at Pine Peaks. Dave and Julie make sure that everything is top notch at their venue! I would highly recommend Pine Peaks to anyone it was the perfect location for our destination for our winter wedding!

Amazing Place & People

Reviewed on 12/04/2014 Tiffany H

Pine Peaks Event Center was the perfect place for our wedding. We were looking for something different that the cookie cutter hotel ballroom wedding. We were also looking for someplace that would be more intimate and that is exactly what we got at Pine Peaks Event Center. Dave... Read More and Julie that own Pine Peaks Event Center are phenomenal. I have nothing by positive things to say about both of them. Dave was very responsive in the planning and willing to do whatever we asked to make sure our day was perfect. He is one of the hardest working people and is always in a great mood! One of the best parts of having your wedding at Pine Peaks Event Center is that you are able to use all the fabulous decorations that are purchased by Julie. She has great taste and is very helpful when it comes to deciding on what to use for the wedding. We also liked that we were the only wedding there for the weekend, so this allowed us to come early to setup everything. This relieved a lot of my stress and ensured that everything was perfect! The best part of booking your wedding here is the retreat house that is right next door. Our family and wedding party stayed at the house, which brought everyone closer! The house is beautiful and huge! I would definitely recommend anyone to have their wedding at PPEC! Thank you Dave and Julie for helping to make our day perfect!!