Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Custom Designs, Fashion Services, Fashion

14955 Skyview Ave., Smithville, MO (816) 665-9616

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Angie K

Robyn is amazing! As the mother of the bride I wanted to look nice for the big day yet had difficulty finding a dress to fit right. Robyn more than made the dress fit perfect, she had suggestions to help the dress be perfect. I will definitely return to her in the future.... Read More Her prices were more than reasonable and she was a delight to work with. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Marisa M

I was extremely disappointed when I got my wedding dress from this lady!!! She made every excuse under the sun as to why the things turned out the way they did! NOT HAPPY! SHE RUINED MY WEDDING DRESS! She told me she could NOT put cups in, she put random ribbons for the bustle... Read More to hold up my dress (which looks very tacky) she cinched up dress so high that everything was OFF including my waist line and bust. After the final alterations she said that it was not her fault because the dress came in a bigger size so "it is hard to make it fit" and the satin part of the dress was cricked and told us to "not pass judgement" on it until we put the top layer on to "cover it up" ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THEN she had the nerve to make me sign the receipt saying "everything was to my satisfaction and any further alterations will be a fee." I was so upset and could not believe that a "professional" like herself would make so many excuses and not fess up for her mistakes. That is not professional nor is it customer service and for those reasons I gave her this rating. It was almost like she did not even care that IT WAS MY WEDDING DRESS!! BTW go to SEW SWEET alterations, they fixed EVERYTHING!

2017-02-07T20:22:59 Response from the vendor

I'm so sorry I could not please this bride, I tried twice to get the slip underlay of the dress to look the way she wanted, but there was no construction to the dress and it was several sizes too big. I'm truly thankful she... Read Less Read More

My absolute favorite vendor I worked with.....amaz

Reviewed on 1/16/2012 Heather B

I will probably start crying writing this because that is just how much I adore Robin at Satin Stitches! When I first went to see her I was extremely nervous. I had not tried on ANY dresses at all so I didn't know what to expect. She had me try on a few different styles to see... Read More what I liked and then we went from there. I had an idea of what exactly I wanted my dream dress to look like and took her pictures. We worked up our own design of the dress and I took the plunge! I felt like I was being crazy building a dress from scratch but I trusted her and knew in my heart it would be amazing! When the dress came in we went right to work working together to be sure it was exactly what I wanted. Robin listened to every little thing detail and request and never once doubted my opinion. The finished product was flawless and absolutely stunning. It was everything I ever dreamed of and more. I owe everything to Robin! She is amazing at what she does and will not let you down! So if you are brave and want to build your dream dress go visit Robin!

Wonderful

Reviewed on 5/05/2011 Erica M

I found my dream dress at Satin Stitches. It was a Maggie Sottero floor sample a few sizes too big. Robyn was able to make it fit like a glove. She also fitted all my bridesmaids dresses fast and fixed a flaw in the dress. She was very sweet and easy to work with. I couldn't... Read More imagine a better more perfect experience!!

AWESOME!!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2010 Stephanie R

I bought my dress at a bridal store, but used Robin at Satin Stitches for the alterations. She was absolutely wonderful! I was a little uncomfortable with the way the dress sat on my chest, I felt it was a little too revealing. I went in three times trying to figure out what... Read More to do with it, and Robin was so understanding and patient. She ended up taking the material she had cut off of the bottom of my dress and attaching it to the top. It looked like the dress came that way and I felt so much better in it!! I highly recommend Robin. She is extremely professional and her work is perfect! She is so sweet, too!!

Just awesome!

Reviewed on 10/13/2010 Jana M

Robin has a wonderful assortment of designer and knock-off dresses at an extremely affordable price. She listened to my needs and had 8 dresses laid out for me, prior to my arrival. After reviewing her selections, I found a different dress, but as soon as we both saw it, we... Read More both knew it was perfect for our outdoor wedding. She altered my dress in a very timely manner, as well as offering other necessary bridal supplies. She has a wonderful personality, and cried with me during a very stressful time. I have told several of my friends and family about her business. She was a referral from my sister-in-law. Though the drive was a bit for me, it was more than worth it for me to see the beautiful countryside and her horses. Her business is located in her own home, and she has one room set up as a bridal dressing/alterations room. Her basement is full of wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses, and other accessories. Her website is very easy to use, and shows a variety of styles of dresses. Thank you Robin for such a wonderful experience.

Best place to buy a dress in the Kansas City area!

Reviewed on 10/11/2010 Sarah C

Roobin who runs this business was the best! She has many styles to choose from in every size and color. At this store you get much more personal attention and a much better price. I would highly recommend Robin to anyone looking for a wedding dress.