Is this your business? claim it now

Smith Barn

Bar + Drinks, Planning, Rentals + Equipment

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

38 Felton St, Peabody, MA (978) 204-6345

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Amy L

We got married at the barn as well and I can’t say enough about Tammy, she is so hard working and thoughtful and really takes care of you on your day! She runs a tight ship and does everything in her power to make sure your day runs as smoothly as possible and it does!! Her... Read More staff is also great they do a great job of making everything seamsless! I had guests ask what the bloopers of the night were because it looked like it ran so perfectly and there were no bloopers Tammy made our wedding day perfect!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Miranda H

Can't say enough about the smith barn! Our wedding was beautiful and perfect! We have been given so many compliments on the venue and people saying it was the best wedding they have ever been to! Tammy was amazing and helped make everything go off without a hitch! It was a... Read More perfect day and I'm so happy we chose the Smith Barn!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Amy P

There is literally nothing negative to say about Smith Barn. It made for an absolutely perfect wedding venue, and Tammy Messina was a pleasure to work with. All of our guests loved the ceremony and reception, and we were constantly reminded how beautiful the venue was. There is... Read More nothing bad to say about Smith Barn and it worked out perfectly for our wedding!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Sarah A

We just had my daughters wedding at Smith Barn. We booked a year and a half ago, so dead of winter on a cold and dreary day. Hard to judge by looking at the empty barn. It was magical!!!! It was something out of a story book. Tammy the event coordinator was so incredibly... Read More helpful. She kept things, and us, organized, everything ran so smoothly, we didn't have to worry about a thing. i am usually high strung and a micro manager, but i was able to sit back and take it all in, and enjoy because every detail was taken care of seamlessly. Tammy and Vinwood caterers together are like a well oiled machine!!!!! Incredible experience. The air conditioning kept the barn comfortable, the twinkling lights were dreamy, and the bartenders were so good there was never a line. You won't be disappointed!!!!! Truly amazing from start to finish!!!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Rachel S

I can't even begin to say enough great things about the Smith Barn. I am from the area and since I was younger I have always wanted to have my wedding at Brooksby and it was nothing short of all my dreams come true! Tammy was so helpful from start to finish, checking in from... Read More when I booked the barn 2 years in advanced up until the day before the wedding. She was there for the entirety of my wedding day and made sure everything went off without a hitch - and even made sure my husband and I always had our drink of choice in hand! We had 220 people at our wedding and we never felt squished, even with a full dance floor! The bartenders were great and kept the line moving fast. The newly installed air conditioning kept my guests comfortable on a hot summer day while the new glass doors looking out onto the orchard allowed us to still have the beautiful view. The interior natural wood and the lighting is gorgeous, so I only had to do a few extra decorations which made my life so much easier! My only complaint - that I can't relive the whole day! It was PERFECT!!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Ariana C

Venue was perfect! Employees helped make everything run smoothly! Loved our wedding so much!

Reviewed on 5/27/2017 Makayla H

The venue was beautiful and the site coodinator was wonderful we got so many compliments on the venue. Beautiful for photographs and everyone was wonderful there!!

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Amy S

First of all, the venue is absolutely gorgeous and a perfect place for a rustic wedding. More importantly, Tammy and her staff at the Smith Barn are fantastic! I can't say enough about how great they were to work with! From the very first meeting, Tammy was helpful, friendly,... Read More organized and professional. She was so helpful throughout the planning stages and easy to get in touch with to answer any and all questions. On the day of the wedding, she made sure everything ran smoothly and I can't rave enough about her and her staff. I highly recommend them. Thank you to everyone at the Smith Barn for making our wedding day absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Georgia W

Cant begin to explain how amazing the venue was. If anything, the price could be higher for how great it was. Tammy was very organized, quick at responding, and was great on the day of. We had roughly 200 people and they all fit - with room to spare. Most importantly, the... Read More bartenders are so fast and really good at their job! There was never a line and by the end of the night they had peoples drinks memorized and ready to go. Although it was cold, the barn was comfy and warm and the christmas lights added the perfect amount of decoration. I highly recommend this venue - its rustic and beautiful!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016

The Smith Barn was everything my daughter hoped it would be and more! The venue was beautiful. She did a lot of the decorating and it was absolutely magical. Tammy is such a professional and knows exactly what has to be done and when it needs to be done. If you listen to her... Read More your wedding will be perfect. We ended up not having the ceremony outside due to weather and needed to move this into the barn. It actually could not have been better. It was warm, cozy and beautiful. We had an open bar for about half of the reception and it worked out great. The bartenders were terrific and there was never a line of more than a couple of people. Tammy and the Smith Barn crew were so helpful to all of us and to the guests as well. We could not have picked a better venue. Thank you to Tammy and the Smith Barn for a beautiful wedding and a day we will always remember!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Crystal W

We had our wedding towards the end of August of this year! It was he best wedding I've ever seen and been to and it's not just because it was mine. Tammy was AMAZING! She made sure everything ran smooth and that the groom and I always had a drink in our hands! There was two... Read More downfalls that I would say. One, t rained early on through the day and then stopped around 2, which made the humidity level sky rocket. Although there are air conditioning units installed, the barn couldn't use them. It was atleast 110 degrees in the barn! Thw air conditioning unit is now working though! So anybody having a wedding in warmer weather, they do now have a/c! The second thing that I think could be changed is that we couldn't bring anything until the day of the wedding. Which I get because there are so many weddings a week, but after I got my hair and makeup done I had to rush around and bring all of the centerpieces and favors and decorations to he barn to explain how I wanted them to look. Overall those little things could have been different or changed so it would have made it a whole lot more smooth and cooler. We loved our day, and the weather didn't change everybodies experience!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Carrissa M

When my now husband and I found out we could get married at Brooksby Farm we jumped at the chance. Absolutely wonderful venue. The space itself is beautiful, what more can you ask for than an historic barn surrounded by apple orchards? Tammy Messina, the event coordinator, is... Read More absolutely spectacular. She was always available for questions and quick to respond. She was on point with making sure the day ran smoothly and was wonderful to be around. When rain threatened the outside ceremony, she had an easy back-up plan that was perfect. I highly recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Meghan W

My husband and I loved getting married at the Smith Barn. I had the venue in mind before my engagement because of its affordability compared to other barn venues and it was the first place I called a few days after I got engaged in December. Good thing because they had one date... Read More left for the summer on a weekend, which we took right away. Everything is naturally gorgeous, so the amount of decoration needed was minimal. We got married across the street behind the Felton House, which was equally beautiful. Everyone commented on how amazing the place was, even despite how hot it was (ac is currently being installed so we didn't have it for our wedding). Tammy was great to work with! She was prompt at answering phone calls and texts and even made sure to text me and ask if I needed anything at all the last couple days and day of the wedding. She even kindly went out and got more fans when she found out that our wedding day was supposed to be 95 degrees. With her there I was able to feel calm and collected. We are so happy that we went with this venue and highly recommend it!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Jennifer B

My venue was AMAZING!!! They're currently installing ac's which is ideal for future brides. The barn, grounds, and Tammy, the coordinator, are all perfect. Everything is diy, but Tammy is there during setup to keep everything moving. She doesn't email, but answers calls right... Read More away or calls back within a half an hour. She's SO helpful! I can't recommend this venue enough!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Kathryn A

This was our dream venue and even though it took some imagination to get my now husband and family on board after only seeing it in the dead of winter and undecorated everyone now says it was like a fairytale. Tammy is wonderful, all day she was checking in to see what we... Read More needed, waters or lip gloss during pictures, extra food at dinner, or anything else. She was attentive through the entire process, she always said she was only a phone call or a text away and she truly was and responded within hours. Tammy knows the venue and is honest about what she knows will work to make your day flow perfectly. The barn is beautiful and needs very little decoration because it is beautiful on its own. The surrounding grounds made our pictures better than I could ever have dreamed.

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 Stephanie T

There is no way I can possibly share how much I loved having my wedding at Smith Barn. It was so beautiful, unique, and perfect in every single way. I wouldn't go back and change one thing about it. When my then fiance and I looked at it last year, we knew it was the right one,... Read More and I'm so happy we followed through with it. The venue itself is breathtaking, and so picturesque. Unlike many other venues out there, it has so much character, and the grounds and fields surrounding it just add to the charm. Tammy was such a terrific person to work with, from start to finish. She gave us great vendor recommendations, was incredibly responsive to questions, and helped more than I can say on the actual wedding day. One last note: there was a possibility of rain showers on our wedding day, and the move to have the ceremony in the barn was so seamless. It was stress free for us, which was such a great bonus!

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Megan C

We couldn't have picked a more perfect venue for our May 7, 2016 wedding. We used the Woodland Gardens across the street to have the ceremony then went to the Smith Barn for the reception. The setting alone is magical, from the trees everywhere to the white lights in the barn... Read More to having the big barn doors open to see into the orchards. Tammy the coordinator was amazing, she was very responsive leading up to the wedding and did an amazing job making sure everything went smoothly throughout the night. We got so many compliments on how beautiful the barn looked.

Beautiful spot with helpful staff

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Anna L

We loved getting married at the Smith Barn. The venue was perfect for us and Tammy, the coordinator, was easy to get in touch with and easy to work with. We would highly recommend it.

Military Wedding

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Alyx W

I found out that my husband-to-be was able to receive leave in September in the last week of July. I frantically called every venue in the surrounding 4 states. I must be lucky because this highly sought after venue had a Friday night opening. I am so glad it all worked out. I... Read More took a tour the next day and signed on the dotted line. They offered a military discount which was great. We didn't have a rehearsal, but Tammy made sure the wedding went off without a hitch. The ceremony was in the backyard of Felton Jr House across the street from the main barn. The ceremony space was set up with basic white folding chairs and looked nice and simple. We chose not to add flowers or any decor to save money, and honestly I don't regret it. The garden space is beautiful on its own. We were married in front of a wooden archway, and my JP brought a small podium. The reception was in the main barn. The "twinkle lights" look great at night and there is no need for extensive decoration. Although I did bring table runners, center pieces, small table activities, a thumbprint tree, a slightly large escort card set up, a caramel apple table, a big card box display, and a had a photo booth and yet nothing seemed crowded the way the staff set it up. The bar is either cash, running tab, or money down. They suggest no shots and taking off top shelf. We ended up going for cash bar. The barn has 2 levels and tables can be seated on either, or both. We has 105 guests and all were seated downstairs with tons of room, even with DJ booth, cake table and sweetheart table. The dance floor is a great size, and wasn't compromised by our layout at all. Tammy has no email but is available by phone. She was amazingly helpful and even held my frozen hands in between shots while doing our outdoor pictures. All in all it was an amazing night. I would definitely recommend this venue. The apple orchard is beautiful and makes for amazing pictures. Their caterer list is short, however Cloverleaf was fantastic. You can bring in your own cake from wherever you like. I am so happy with Smith Barn as my venue.

Stunning Venue!

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Joanna R

The Smith Barn was our perfect wedding venue. We got married at the Woodland Garden across the street and then had our reception in the barn. Tammy Messina was wonderful to work with and she was extremely helpful throughout the planning process. Anytime I wanted to come up... Read More and walk through the barn or ask questions, she was more than willing to help out. Many reviews I read when looking at this venue complained about how she does not use email but I honestly never found this to be a problem. 9 out of 10 times I called her she answered and when she did not, she called me back within an hour. She is great to talk to and was extremely informative about what works well with this particular venue and what does not. The day of the wedding, Tammy was so incredibly helpful to me and seemed to be everywhere! One second she was grabbing my husband and I drinks and the next second she was carrying or fluffing my dress! The pictures from our wedding are absolutely beautiful because of this venue. We had guests on both the first and second floor and they had a blast looking down over the balcony during our first dance. Our photographer got some great shots of all of us on the dance floor from above on the balcony. I would highly recommend this venue if you are looking for a beautiful barn wedding that will be unforgettable! Thank you so much to Tammy and her staff for all of their help and for making our day incredible! xoxox Joanna and Matt Cyr

Amazing Ceremony & Reception Venue

Reviewed on 5/21/2014 Jennifer K

We recently got married and had our reception at the Smith Barn. I can't say enough good things about it. The gardens where the ceremony takes place are lovely (even during the pre-bloom time we selected). The barn itself was where the reception was held, and it was... Read More GORGEOUS. It's a historic apple barn converted into an amazing venue. It has a very warm ambiance, with dark wood throughout, lit by soft white Christmas lights, and overlooking the farm's apple orchard. Tammy, the site coordinator, was amazing throughout the entire planning process as well as the day of. She's a bit traditional in that she doesn't use email, however, she was always very responsive via phone - returning any missed calls the same day. She was indispensable the day of, coordinating the wedding party, keeping the ceremony on schedule, and most importantly, keeping the bride and groom calm and happy :) The one downside to this venue is that there is very little space available to get ready on-site. Tammy recommends having the bridal party arrived fully dressed, with only the bride getting ready in the room. Also, there are no food or drink allowed in the getting ready room. That being said, I thought the room was very spacious for my bridal party (me, three BMs, 2 flower girls, and MOB).

Smith Barn, Peabody

Reviewed on 11/26/2013 Jamie W

My husband and I just got married in October and had our reception at the Smith Barn. We looked at a bunch of venues in the North Shore area and when I saw a picture of the Barn at night online I knew we had to look into it. We live in Wisconsin so obviously it was a bit hard to... Read More just pop over and take a peek. Tammy the function manager at the barn took time to meet with my dad first and then myself when I was able to get to the east coast. Tammy is great! She is organized and no non-sense in a good way. She does not plan your wedding day but was great about assisting myself and the wedding party with anything we needed and with the introductions. Tammy doesn't use email however, she is more than prompt about returning phone calls. If she didn't pick up the phone when I called her I had a voice mail or returned my call by the end of the day often within an hour almost 100% of the time. With planning a wedding a 1,000 miles away it was refreshing and a must to have a vendor that was easy to get in touch with. There are few regulations about using the barn for your venue however, Tammy is more than upfront with them and it is first and for most a historical landmark that you are able to use for a venue so I had no problem with it. Tammy was also great in answering questions and was always pleasant. The barn itself is absolutely breath taking especially in the fall when we got married. It is simple but elegant and is kept in great condition. We both received great complements about the facility itself. I can't wait to get my pictures back because I know they will be breath taking! Overall I would recommend this to anyone who would like to have a rustic New England wedding!

beautiful venue

Reviewed on 7/14/2013 Erika B

We had our June 21st wedding at Brooksby Farm in Peabody, Massachusetts. Tammy was our contact and, although she does not use email, she was extremely responsive with phone calls and always called me back same-day. We planned our wedding from out of state and booked Brooksby... Read More Farm without seeing it in person. We trusted the opinions of our families and were reassured by Tammy that everything would run smoothly. We also googled the venue and were able to review wedding photos on photographer websites and that gave us a better idea of the space, as the Brooksby Farm website does not have many photos. When we did finally see the venue in person, we fell in love with the setting. We were married behind the Felton house and our reception was held in Smith Barn. While waiting for the ceremony to start, we waited in the Felton House and Tammy was there to help us with last minute details and with any mishaps - she even ran over to get safety pins from our bathroom baskets when I got lipstick on my wedding dress! One thing to keep in mind is that there is no air conditioning in the barn. Our wedding day was a hot day and although there were fans and windows, it did get hot before the sun went down. Luckily, Smith Barn has a few wood tables outside and some of our guests were able to stay out there for dinner. Another thing to keep in mind is the bar does not have a credit card machine. The day before the wedding, we chose to have an open bar, however were unable to have just beer and wine. So, after talking about the options with Tammy, we did remove top shelf and chose to have no shots and no martinis. This kept our cost down but still gave our guests variety! All in all, Brooksby Farm was an amazing venue and we were very happy with our choice!

Picture Perfect!

Reviewed on 6/13/2013 Michelle C

We got married at the Smith Barn on 5/27/2013. We had great weather, which I think could make or break this venue. The ceremony space is across the street, and is very basic, but you can decorate as you please. Worked out well for us. The inside of the barn is star here. Pretty... Read More twinkly lights everywhere, and daylight streaming in from the open barn doors. The patio area is also a nice touch. Tammy, the coordinator, is only reachable by phone, but is very responsive. The bar options are limited. You can do cash bar or open bar. No special cocktails, not just beer and wine, etc. Also, for the toast you cannot buy the champagne by the bottle. You must buy per person, which adds up quickly. We skipped this and brought in our own sparkling cider. Like I said, we had perfect weather, so the barn was comfortable, and it was comfortable outside as well. I'm not sure how it would be if it was really hot or really cold. Also, if it's a washout, you don't really have any options for pictures, or alternate ceremony space. If it rains, Plan B is to get married on the dance floor, with guests in there seats at the tables. Overall, great experience with the Smith Barn! It was the perfect place for our wedding, and I could not have been happier.

A Smith Barn Wedding

Reviewed on 12/12/2012 Naomi O

The Smith Barn is a beautiful venue. They keep the Christmas lights up all year round and that gives it a beautiful look in itself. We barely had to decorate anything, aside from the centerpieces. I dreaded getting married indoors but our day was chilly and we had no other... Read More option, it ended up turning out wonderfully and we now have several great photos from different angles because of this! If you're looking for a simply beautiful venue, with a little rustic touch, this is it.