River Market Event Place

Kansas City, MO

A Unique Setting for Special Occasions

River Market Event Place is a chic, modern venue located in the historic River Market District of Kansas City. With finishing touches of rich hard wood, concrete floors and sleek metal, this urban venue provides a uniquely stylish setting for weddings and other special occasions.

• Outdoor - Covered

Fe7719fa d8df 43f7 b18c 942ee8fef3e2~rs 100
D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100

140 Walnut Street, Kansas City, MO (816) 591-4346

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Kelly W

We held our wedding at RMEP Memorial Day Weekend 2017. It was absolutely perfect! Rebekah and Jenna were phenomenal to work with - our day ran smoothly! The entire wedding planning process with them was easy - they were so organized and kept me calm! I would highly recommend... Read More this unique venue to anyone - we could not have asked for a better wedding experience!

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Bethany A

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and RMEP deserves so much of the credit! I had worked with Rebekah Johnson at RMEP for another non-wedding event prior to planning our wedding, so I already knew from that experience that RMEP was excellent to work with, super organized and... Read More fun! For our wedding, we worked with Jenna Berthelsen as our venue contact and day of coordinator. Jenna is AMAZING! She went above and beyond, gave us great suggestions, made our vision a reality, kept all our other vendors organized and on track, and more! I cannot say enough good things about our experience with RMEP and everything they did behind the scenes to make the day better than we even dreamed it could be!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Emily O

BEST.NIGHT.EVER!!! My husband and I chose to have both our wedding and reception at River Market Event Place at the beginning of October. The staff here was amazing in every aspect! So helpful in planning and helping us pick the perfect vendors to make our day wonderful. The... Read More garage doors and outdoor patio was great for our photo booth, ice cream truck, and games for our guests! The flip between ceremony and reception was super quick and everyone did a great job making things look just as we had imagined! The RMEP has some beautiful decorations already in place so it was super easy to keep things cheap when bringing in other decorations! The bartenders were so fun and the clean up process was so easy! Rebekah and Jenna were so fun and easy to get along with and were so helpful and sweet! They made sure we didn't stress about anything before the wedding and on the big day! Thanks for making our day so special!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Kylee L

I can’t say enough great things about RMEP! My husband and I were very particular in what we were looking for, and RMEP was just the right vibe for us. It was literally the perfect mix of elegance and chill wrapped into one! The garage doors were amazing for our perfect fall... Read More wedding. Our guests loved the option of the indoor/outdoor space. And of course I can’t forget Jenna. She was simply AMAZING. Our meetings were so fun and ran so smoothly because she was so on top of everything. Her calming demeanor is exactly what I needed on the BIG day. Thank you RMEP and Jenna, you were a dream to work with. Would highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Kevin H

My wife and I had our reception at RMES. The venue has a great setup with indoor/outdoor space. The staff was really nice and easy to work with. I would highly recommend this venue for your next event!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Katie A

My husband and I had our reception here! We were so happy with how it turned out! We highly recommend the RMES for and occasion! The staff were very friendly and the night went very smoothly. It was the best day ever :)

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 John A

We had our rehearsal dinner at the River Market! I cannot say enough great things about it! It was awesome to open up the garage doors and have an indoor outdoor feel! It was big enough for everyone and I really liked the two levels! + the staff is awesome and extremely... Read More accommodating! Jenna was super helpful in planning!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Lis R

We had an absolutely wonderful experience with RMEP! Our wedding day went so smoothly thanks to their hard work and the strong relationships they've cultivated with some wonderful vendors. In addition, Rebekah and Jenna were incredibly accommodating and worked within our budget... Read More to create decorations and flowers that were gorgeous and unique. We couldn't have been happier and couldn't recommend them more highly!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Alyssa M

We had our rehearsal dinner at the River Market Event Space! It was amazing, Jenna made everything run so smoothly and me and my fiancé did not have to worry about a thing! I was a very bohemian laid back bride, and hadn't even really thought about decorating for the rehearsal,... Read More but I walked in and Jenna had made it a dream I didn't even know I had! Highly Highly recommend, VERY easy to work with!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Jessica G

Our wedding at River Market Event Place was absolutely perfect. After our first meeting with Jenna we knew it was the venue for us. The space is unique and beautiful. Jenna worked with us on our floor plan, tweaking it whenever I asked and made sure we felt confident about... Read More everything. Our guests were blown away with how amazing the space looked. We had our ceremony and reception at RMEP and it was a smooth transition between the two. The staff that worked our event was helpful and made sure the night went well. We'd 100% recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Jennifer L

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this venue! Jenna is so easy to work with and Rebecca, the owner, knew when to step in to help me make decisions. The venue is quaint and is perfect for an intimate setting. They have fabulous add-ons at your fingertips and will be able to make your wedding day... Read More as special as you want it. The space itself has so much style so decorating can be kept to a minimum if that is not your strong suit. Must check out this space for yourself if you are planning a wedding around 100 or less. Also, right downtown for ease of visiting guests and calling Ubers to whisk you away.

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Abbey S

My husband and I knew right away that River Market Event Place was the place for us. We walked in and looked at eachother and just knew. From the space, to customer service, to the professional relationship that was built. Everything was beyond perfect. No regrets, no... Read More complaints. If you're even considering your wedding at River Market Event Place, do it. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Sarah K

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at RMEP at the end of October. It was one of the best and easiest decisions we made for our wedding! The venue itself is beautiful and intimate - perfect size for our 100 guest wedding. Rebekah and everyone else we worked with... Read More was very helpful and professional. Rebekah helped me with quite a few iterations of our room layout for the reception and was always prompt in answering my questions. The room flip after the ceremony was fast and well-orchestrated. We also rented linens through them and that turned out to be very easy and hassle-free. I'm very happy we chose this venue and would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Kristopher S

My husband and I had our wedding reception at RMEP on NYE 2015. It was nothing short of phenomenal. Our guests raved about everything from the venue to the food to the DJ. The setup was incredible, the service was amazing and overall we just can't say enough good things about... Read More the venue. They referred most of the service providers to us and all of those providers exceeded our expectations. It was nice to have EVERYTHING done for us: setup, teardown, oversight of vendors and their work. Our guests raved about everything and we couldn't have been happier. Thanks to the crew at RMEP - we will never forget the night and I am certain no NYE will ever be able to compare.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Ashley L

My husband and I chose The River Market Event Place for our wedding in March and couldn't have been happier! We had our ceremony and reception here, the room flip was seamless and beautiful! From the very first walk thru, up to the day of the wedding, Rebekah and her staff were... Read More incredibly helpful! Rebekah had so many great suggestions to help make our day just perfect for us. We did the day of coordinating service as well and everything felt like it simply sailed by...everything just flowed! The best compliment we got was that the wedding was so "us" and full of love. Rebekah helped us create our perfect day!!! We couldn't be happier with the way it turned out and the outstanding customer service RMEP staff provided!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Amanda H

I would highly recommend RMEP to anyone planning a wedding or event. I continue to receive compliments on our wedding - the unique space, intimate atmosphere (I had 170 guests!) and gorgeous design. Rebekah and her team were professional and incredibly helpful from the very... Read More first day. I was planning from afar and they turned the vision in my head to a breathtaking reality. There was never a doubt all of the planning and details would come together as I KNEW it was being handled with care by the RMEP Team! Don't look anywhere else, this is THE place.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Hyewon H

My husband and I tied the knot at RMEP on September 17, 2016! The wedding was stress free and simply the best! This was only possible through the wonderful team at RMEP! The staff was extremely accommodating. They took extra steps to help my dream wedding come true! My vision... Read More for the wedding was rustic/industrial/modern, and all three of those description was possible because the venue itself represented those three words! Thank you team RMEP!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Kelsey P

Our reception was everything I could dream of and more! My groom did the first tour without me and I didn't even need to see it to know it was the one! They worked great with us on our floorplan and ideas and were flexible when our florist came to set up. Oh, and open flame!?... Read More Our taper candles were beautiful! The uplighting from elite sounds was so worth it and the space was absolutely beautiful. Great first dance photos and the night was absolutely beautiful so we had 2 of the garage doors open. So much fun!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Emily P

What a wonderful wedding we had at RMEP! We had our ceremony and reception there, and the room flip was quick and painless. We definitely recommend having a tent outside for mingling during cocktail hour, especially if you have a larger guest count. Anna, with RMEP, did our... Read More flowers and they were exquisite! She even did a custom floral head piece for me and it turned out exactly how I wanted. The whole team at RMEP worked seamlessly to make our vision come to life. Highly recommend this space!!!

2016-06-30T11:55:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We enjoyed working with you during your planning and seeing all the details come together. We can't wait to see photos from the day. Everything about your event was stunning!

Reviewed on 5/22/2016

My daughter just had her wedding there. Rebekah was so accommodating and had great suggestions. The space looked amazing! Anna did an incredible job on the flowers. They were breathtaking. It was a beautiful and memorable evening.

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Taylor C

I had my wedding reception here on April 23, 2016. RMEP was very easy to work with and their event planners are the best. I worked with Rebekah and she was amazing. I showed Rebekah and Anna (in house florist) what I liked and they made it happen. I continue to get complements... Read More on how beautiful the venue was and how much fun everyone had as well. Everyone keeps saying it was the best wedding they have attended and it was all because of RMEP. We also used their in house DJ Elite Sound and they kept the party alive all night. Working from RMEP's preferred vendor list made my life easier and I knew they did the research to find the best of the best. We used Californos for the catering and our guests can't stop talking about how amazing the food was as well. Overall this was the best day of my life and I would highly recommend RMEP to any bride.

Reviewed on 4/14/2016 Jennifer M

In October of 2015 I was diagnosed with Lymphoma. Besides wanting to beat cancer the only other wish I had was to marry the man of my dreams. Rebekah at the River Market Event Place made that dream come true. She took care of every detail for me so I could focus on my health.... Read More Not only did she take care of me, she gave me the wedding of my dreams. It was the most magical night. I can not say enough kind words about RMEP.

Great Experience!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Molly W

River Market Event Place was a wonderful choice for our wedding reception. The size is intimate, but we were able to have about 145 guests. Everyone we worked with there was extremely helpful, professional, organized and creative. We loved the option of having a half... Read More indoor/half outdoor reception - it's a great choice if you want the open air factor but don't want to have to bank on having perfect weather for your event. We felt that the pricing here was reasonable and fair, and would recommend this location to anyone!

Amazing Experience!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Blake S

We decided to have our reception at RMEP and it was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. During the planning process, Rebekah and her staff went above and beyond by not only being helpful, but offering fun and creative suggestions that showed their knowledge of... Read More the industry and helped to bring our vision to life. They helped us to stay within our budget, while truly enhancing the environment at our reception with great linens and decor. The vendors we hired through RMEP were phenomenal- we truly didn't have to think about anything during the reception, they had everything taken care of! We decided to hire day-of wedding coordination and it was fantastic!! Amanda ensured that everything ran smoothly and seemed to be right there anytime we needed her. She helped pass out glow sticks, made sure the food/bar was running and worked to incorporate all of our desired elements into the reception. We could not be more pleased with our experience with RMEP and the staff. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to any future brides/grooms.

The Perfect Wedding Experience

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

I knew I wanted a modern and clean look for our reception and River Market Event Place was just what I had in mind. We held both our ceremony and reception in the space in March 1015 and the transition between the two was so smooth thanks to Rebekah and her team. Rebekah made... Read More the entire planning process so easy and organized. I live in DC so planning a wedding from 1,100 miles away could have been challenging but everyone was so accommodating to to meet my schedule when I was in KC and getting other items done over email. I received so many compliments on our wedding and I would 100% recommend the space to anyone.