Smithtown Landing Country Club

Smithtown, NY

Book Your Wedding with Smithtown Landing Country Club

A BALLROOM IN SMITHTOWN, NY

On the coast of Long Island, New York, Smithtown Landing Country Club provides all of the elegance you expect from a private event and sporting venue in the area. Situated along the Nissequoge River, the club provides lush greenery with a professional golf course and a backdrop of rolling hills for dramatic wedding day photography opportunities. Couples can hold their wedding ceremony outside on one of the venue's many patios, and can transition their guests indoors for a cocktail hour before the reception in one of three grand event spaces.

The Main Ballroom holds up to 200 guests. It features an elegant, sophisticated and almost dainty look with its gold hues and crystal chandeliers. It also has a large dance floor, a full bar and huge windows that give a view of the golf course.

The Riverview Ballroom seats up to 90 guests for a reception. Decorated in warm hues the smaller space is ideal for more intimate gatherings. The tented terrace combines the indoors with the outdoors making the transition from an outdoor ceremony to an indoor reception seamless.

The Nissequoge Ballroom accommodates up to 125 guests and gives a classic old-fashioned country club feel to a reception. It has two fireplaces and an outdoor deck that overlooks the golf course.

When booking a wedding with Smithtown Landing Country Club, couples get the services of a dedicated wedding planner who coordinates and executes all aspects of the event to match the vision of the bride and groom. The wedding planner also sets the couple up with vendors, including florists, spa and makeup professionals, DJs, limo drivers and officiants, among others. The wedding planner can also find rooms for the couple and their guests to stay in after the wedding at the nearby Three Village Inn or Hampton Inn.

The bridal party gets use of a bridal suite to get ready and freshen up before and after the ceremony. The wedding package includes a choice of colored linens and votive candles for all tables. The country club gives a map with directions to include with the invitations and place cards for all guests.

After the ceremony, a cocktail hour is set up for guests while the entire wedding party takes photos. This cocktail hour consists of hot and cold passed hors d'ouerves. Couples can also choose cocktail stations with appetizers with themes, such as a North Shore raw bar, sushi station, street tacos, Pad Thai and a fondue station. Cocktails include top-shelf liquors, draught and bottled beer and fine wines; not that the country club has a no-shot policy.

Dinner service begins with an appetizer of fruit, pasta, soup or shrimp cocktail, and then goes into a salad course. Entrees for dinner service include prime rib, grilled pork chops, chicken asiago and blackened mahi-mahi. The wedding package includes a personal Maitre'D and bridal attendant who see that the demands of the couple are met at all times.

Smithtown Landing Country Club spares no expense when planning a wedding. Some extra extravagant perks of having a wedding at this venue include:

• Fountain with rich, dark chocolate for dipping desserts and fruit
  • International coffee station with cordials and liqueurs
  • Assorted cookie platters
  • Viennese table with pastries, tarts, fresh fruit and ice cream sundae bar
  • French chocolates with fresh-rolled truffles
  • Ice cream truck after the wedding

Smithtown Landing Country Club

Smithtown Landing is intimate, carefree and simply elegant. You will enjoy the rolling hills of our north shore golf course overlooking the Nissequogue River. Your guests will appreciate the indoor/outdoor choice of ceremony and cocktail hour and dance the night away in our elegant ballroom.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Historic Venue, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

495 Landing Avenue, Smithtown, NY (631) 360-0534

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Victoria Q

Our wedding at Smithtown Landing was two months ago, and we wanted to share how much we & our guest's loved it! Smithtown Landing is beautiful, and this was our first and only pick. I just knew from the pictures in their brochure ,and their amazing package deal that this was... Read More the place to have our wedding. The view of the golf course from the cocktail hour and the reception building during November is breathtaking. We love the fall colors!! The setting is perfect for pictures. We were able to choose from two separate building for the cocktail hour and they are both beautiful!! The maitre d' and his team were very professional, attentive, and accommodating on the day of our wedding. They were on top of everything that night, We never had to ask for anything, they were always there by our side but seemed invisible to everyone else. From the cocktail hour to the reception it was flawless and so smooth! Amazing transition!! They followed all of our exact instructions. We literally did not have to do anything but entertain our guests. Our guests are still talking about all of the cocktail hour options and reception entrees especially the bisque soup with the flakey pastry top! Delish!! The penne ala vodka was a huge hit!! One of our guests had over 7 plates of it!! We still have nothing but compliments till this day with friends wishing they had their affair here!! Kim and Abhi were Amazing in guiding us through the process. We literally did nothing but show up! We kept asking if we were forgetting something and they assured us nope "we Got this" and they did. The entire process was seamless for us. If you’re considering Smithtown Landing, the package is definitely worth getting, and you'll have an amazing time, and you guests will think you spent a fortune! But you won't!! If you are looking for a full blown reception with everything you dreamed of and you have a tight budget, this is your place!! Thanks again!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 amanda c

Our wedding was last night and it was truly an amazing night! Everyone said the food was great! All the staff was extremely helpful, Kim answered all my questions and emails right away! So glad we chose this place as our venue the night was perfect!

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 LI Z

We just got married on July 15th, 2017. We had the best wedding party in smithtown landing. All of our family and friends had a amazing time. The place is so beautiful. The staffs there were so do nice and helpful, they were there for us whenever we needed. The manager Abhi was... Read More great, he was so professional and flexible for us. Everything was perfect in our wedding, we highly recommend this place to whoever needs a beautiful party, we loved it there very much.

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Nicole M

We had our wedding at Smithtown Landing and it was amazing! The staff was available and helpful every minute of the night. Everything was setup exactly how we wanted it to be prior to cocktail hour. Kim and Abhi were so helpful with the planning of the wedding. Pat, the bridal... Read More attendant, helped us all night and even helped with the bustle of my dress. She's a sweetheart. Joe, the Matrie D, was incredible. He remembered every detail that we requested. Gene and Whitney were awesome bartenders and were very friendly. The food was delicious! Guests were extremely impressed with cocktail hour. There was so much food that one guest from another state thought cocktail hour was the dinner. When he got his actual dinner, he was pleasantly surprised. We took beautiful pictures at the venue. We highly recommend Smithtown Landing for weddings and other events!

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Karen X

We had our wedding at Smithtown Landing in April 2017. Everything about the day exceeded our expectations. There was a ton of food and it was all delicious. During the planning process there were also many food options to choose from. All of the staff at the venue are very easy... Read More to work with. They are flexible and very friendly. We were especially impressed with the staff on the wedding day. Many of our guests even commented afterwards how pleasant and professional they were. The venue itself is also very nice and the vendors we worked with in the wedding package were generally good. We highly recommend Smithtown Landing for your wedding day! -K & T

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Kelly G

I just got married on May 13, 2017 and had my wedding reception at Smithtown Landing Country club and what a AWESOME TIME everyone had, Kim Mady was the organizer I met with and she was so very helpful. On the day of our wedding it Poured rain, but it didn't matter the whole... Read More staff was awesome in helping my guests get out of the rain and into the party. The Matri D' Joseph and Bridal Attendant Pat were wonderful and so helpful, My Husband and I were made to feel like a Prince and Princess with all the attention they gave to us. The FOOD WAS AMAZING! Everything was so good, my guests are still talking about how much fun they had! If I ever need to have another event or party I will definately use Smithtown Landing again!

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Stephanie M

It has been a little less than a month since our wedding at Smithtown Landing. It was a wonderful experience. Kim was amazing to coordinate with leading up to the wedding. They made a very stressful day into something easy and magical.

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Susan K

My daughter decided to have an impromptu wedding and gave me two weeks to put together a wedding of her dreams. I could not have done this without the help of Abhi Mukherjee, General Manager Smithtown Landing Country Club, and their exceptional staff, and maitre'd Joe. Abhi was... Read More on point following up with all my requests. The food was exceptional and plentiful, and all the guest had a great time. Thank you Abhi for making my daughter's dream come true!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Barbara C

It’s been exactly two months (9/15/16) since our magical wedding at Smithtown Landing, and it’s time that we shared with you how much we loved it! We’ll start by saying that Smithtown Landing is BEAUTIFUL and AMAZING from the location, buildings, decor, to the golf course. The... Read More view of the golf course from the cocktail hour and the reception building is very green and relaxing, even in September! The setting is perfect for pictures, especially at sundown! Smithtown Landing has 3 separate buildings that they let us choose from for our cocktail hour and wedding reception. Joe, the maitre d' and his team were very sweet and accommodating on the day of our wedding. They were on top of everything that night, from setting up the cocktail hour and reception with all of our decor following our exact instructions, cleaning up tables quickly and inconspicuously, to packing EVERYTHING up for us at the end of the night. We literally did not have to do anything but entertain our guests. The food was great, our guests are still talking about all of the cocktail hour options and reception entrees! The only con that I can think of is the lack of cell phone service, which you quickly forget once you’re having a great time. Otherwise, nothing but compliments from all of our guests. Kim was our favorite at Smithtown Landing. From the very first day that we saw the venue and fell in love with it, she guided us up until the day of our wedding. She was so sweet, attentive, and very patient with all of our questions and concerns. She made the entire process seamless for us. If you’re considering Smithtown Landing, the package is definitely worth getting, and you will be guaranteed an amazing time.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Courtney C

Everything was great-food, service, attention to what we requested. We both really enjoyed the day, and our experience at Smithtown Landing. Both Joe (our Maitre'd) and Pat (my bridal attendant) were so helpful and informative. Thank you for making it a great day for us! Our... Read More guests had nothing but wonderful things to say about their experience, and continually told us how much fun they had coming to our wedding.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Michieva R

My wedding at Smithtown Landing Country Club on October 21st 2016 was absolutely magical. My guests were immensely impressed by the food and staff. My family which are of Caribbean background are normally very critical about food tastes and they were all super impressed. Most... Read More importantly from cocktail hour all the way through to dessert my guests felt as though they were treated like family. The staff was so accommodating. I would highly recommend this venue to any couples seeking a charming cottage appeal with high quality food and service...you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Kaitlin K

My husband and I were beyond thrilled with the wedding reception Smithtown Landing hosted for us in the Merrywood Cottage (which looks gorgeous with the chandeliers all lit up)! The price was unbeatable, the food was delicious, and the service was outstanding! Prior to the... Read More wedding day, Abhi, Kimberly, and the rest of the staff were extremely attentive to all of our needs and concerns. The day of the wedding, we had two young ladies (Maryanna and Liliana) who made sure that we stayed dry, hydrated, and the transition between all aspects of the reception were as smooth as possible. We also loved that we (the bride and groom) were given one of each of our dinner options so that we could experience what our guests were experiencing. The most important aspect that was that our guests left with full hearts and stomachs! Our wedding day was more than we could have ever asked for and we would highly recommend Smithtown Landing for any of your future events (budget or no budget...you won't be disappointed!) Best of luck to you in planning your dream day!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Ally N

My husband and I recently had our wedding at Smithtown Landing Country Club and we could not have had a better experience! Abhi and Kim were extremely helpful to us and made sure every detail was perfect and exactly what we wanted! The food was excellent, the rooms were... Read More beautiful, the staff was kind, especially our Maitre'D, Joe, who made sure everything ran smoothly, he was excellent! All of our guests told us what a wonderful time they had and we couldn't be happier! We highly recommend Smithtown Landing Country Club, our wedding was everything we ever dreamed of!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Danielle B

We had our wedding at Smithtown Landing Country Club in October 2016. What an amazing experience! Front start to finish, everything about the venue was amazing. The all-inclusive package was a bargain, all of the staff we dealt with, both during the planning process and on the... Read More day of the event, were so caring, attentive and helpful and the food was fantastic. We received so many compliments from guests on how much they enjoyed the staff, venue and food. We HIGHLY recommend considering Smithtown Landing for your big day!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Jackie

My husband and I got married at a Smithtown Landing Country Club on 9/16/16 and it was absolutely amazing. Every detail was perfect. The general manager, Abhi Mukherjee, was so helpful from start to finish. He made our experience so stress free and allowed us to have one less... Read More thing to worry about. My husband is Haitian so we wanted to make sure that we had Haitian food at the wedding. We went in for a private food tasting and the chef made us a little bit of everything and nailed it! Every guest at the wedding raved about all of the food and they loved that we had Haitian food there for my husbands family. Smithtown Landing really accommodated us with everything that we want and needed. I would like to make a special thanks to the staff, especially Joe Chiara, our Maureen de. He was beyond amazing! He made sure everyone at the wedding was happy and that everything went smoothly. The rest of the staff was also great. I truly recommend everyone to go down and speak to Abhi and book your wedding at Smithtown Landing. You will not be disappointed. I wish I could do it all over again, and if I could I would not hesitate for one second to have my wedding again at Smithtown Landing.

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Alyssa D

My husband and I had our wedding at SLCC on August 26, 2016 and couldn't have asked for a better venue. The staff was incredible and Abhi our event manager went above and beyond...accommodating our every need. The ballroom was perfect for our 185 guests and the night went by... Read More without any hiccups. Everyone raved about the food and we are still getting calls about how great the wedding was. I highly recommend Smithtown Landing to anyone looking for a wedding venue. You get an incredible bang for your buck and I'm so grateful to SLCC for the most amazing wedding experience.

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Heather C

We did an all inclusive package and the value was outstanding. Everything was truly exceptional - Joe (Maitre'D) and Pat (Bridal Attendant) took SUCH good care of us, I truly felt like royalty for a day! The manager, Abhi, made sure everything was perfect the day of. The food... Read More was amazing - all of our guests told us how wonderful it was. We were able to add on a raw bar and it was absolutely gorgeous and so delicious. The staff did such an amazing job putting together the ballroom, it looked fantastic. All of the vendors recommended to us through the all inclusive package were wonderful to work with and we were happy with all of their services.

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Margaret K

I cant begin to thank everyone at Smithtown Landing for bringing the wedding of my dreams to life. There is nothing a bride wants to hear like the word budget - but there I was a bride on one. I went with the wedding package offered and modified almost every detail to make it... Read More fit for me and within my price range. What you never experienced was being treated like you were on a budget! I started to get very nervous when I found out the staffing had changed but shouldn't have. Abi worked with me to ensure I was in good hands and that all my details would be perfect and they were. There was not one single solitary detail missed the entire night! The night of Joe my maitre'd and Pat my bridal attendant were amazing! Pat helped bustle my dress which was extremely difficult and Joe was there for any need that I had. The food was amazing and the room was exactly as I had pictured. Again - thank you to everyone at Lessings that made my night so very special! I would do anything to do it all over again - exactly the way it was!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Melissa W

My husband and I just got married here on 8/7/16 & we cannot say enough how amazing our day was! From the staff being attentive to the ballroom taking our breath away. Thank you to Smithtown Landing for giving us the perfect day to start the rest of our lives!!

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Jacqueline F

Our experience at Smithtown Landing was amazing. We first chose it as our venue after meeting with the General Manager, Rich. He walked us through everything relating to our day and made the selection process seamless. We were disappointed to hear that he had left, but Kim... Read More picked up right where Rich left off. Kim is experienced, knowledgeable, personable and responsive and worked to make every detail of our day perfect. The day of our wedding was great. The maitre D' (Joe), the bridal attendant and wait staff were there for everything. We were able to enjoy our day without feeling rushed around. Thanks to everyone at Smithtown for their hard work. It was truly marvelous!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 James A

I had my wedding there a few weeks ago, overall the day was great, it was definitely a memorable day, Joe the maître d' was excellent and so was Pat my bridal attendant, we were dealing with Rich initially for about a year and a half while planning it, he was very attentive to... Read More our needs, then I found out only because I made a phone call looking for him that he was no longer there, I feel like I should've gotten a phone call letting me know that, the day of the wedding they forgot to put out one of my stations at the cocktail hour, they were very apologetic and said that they would put donuts and coffee out for a send off for the guests, they didn't do that either, they also never put out the bubbles that I had them put in a basket for me for the ceremony so they probably threw those out, they also threw out my flowers that were decorated on the arch that I specifically wrote down to package up for me. I feel like if Rich was there things would've been different, I don't think the place is well-managed right now and not many people know what they're doing, I'm very upset about that considering it was my wedding day and I will also remember the bad with the good, that's not something you want to think about with all of the money that was spent. With all that being said it's still is a beautiful place to have a wedding, I definitely do miss it and wish I can do it again.

Reviewed on 2/27/2016 Patricia P

My husband and I cannot say nicer things about Smithtown Landing. We were married on May 22, 2015, and our day was perfect because of the incredible staff at this country club. Everything from the food, cake, decor, and most importantly, service, was top-notch. The setting is... Read More beautiful on a golf course, with a new tent covering the outside area. Rich, Debbie, Joe, and Pat were phenomenal; they were so attentive and diligent every step of the way. Everything we asked of them was made possible, and we felt like royalty on our very special day. If you are looking for a "simple and elegant" wedding, choose Smithtown Landing! Fondly, Patricia & Joseph

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Mackenzie P

From the moment we sat down with Rich and Debbie at Smithtown Landing we knew this was the perfect place to get married. They made us feel like family and it was really the staff and managers that led us to choosing Smithtown Landing over other venues. Their packages provide... Read More amazing vendors, fair pricing and more than enough food for your guests. The food is Lessing's Catering so no matter if you pick another one of their properties the food is all the same, so why not get more bang for your buck. It was affordable for getting married on Long Island. Food was amazing, our mat're d Joe was fantastic, they really do take care of you and make sure you have everything you need for your big day! The fact that they are so accommodating really helped our day go as smooth as possible. They set up everything we asked beautifully and really do become a part of the family even after everything is over. I cannot say enough good things about them. Our day was absolutely perfect thanks to Smithtown and truly unforgettable.

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Allie S

The staff at Smithtown Landing goes above and beyond to make your day special. I am NOT the wedding planning type and found the overall process, personally, to be stressful BUT any interaction I had with Smithtown Landing put me at ease. Anything we wanted they were more than... Read More happy to accommodate. Rich, Kim, and all the staff there are amazing! Pat and Danielle were with me all day and just made the day perfect. Can't say enough good things. From a value perspective the cost compared to other Long Island venues is GREAT AND so many of my guests keep telling us it's the best wedding they've ever been to so I can't imagine for a second not giving this place a look!

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Corinne

Amazing! The entire staff was so helpful & accommodating. My husband & I had no clue what we were doing or what we even wanted to do for our wedding. Smithtown was only the second venue we visited and we loved it the instant we got there. Rich talked us through everything & Joe... Read More was phenomenal on our wedding day making sure we loved everything & all went smoothly. The entire day everyone kept complimenting us on the venue, the food, everything! The staff was hustling all day and still so friendly. I can honestly say every single detail went absolutely perfectly! Everyone had such a blast & said that it’s one of the best weddings they’ve ever been to!