Alpine Banquets

Darien, IL

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Alpine Banquets

A BALLROOM IN DARIEN, IL

Couples searching for a wedding venue on the outskirts of Chicago will fall in love with Alpine Banquets in Darien, Illinois. A suburb of Chicago, the spot is less than 45 minutes from the Central Chicago. The spacious property with lush greens, rolling hills and beautifully manicured gardens offer the ideal backdrop for any wedding.

Swiss room. Overlooking the Gazebo and gardens, the Swiss room features recessed lighting, neutral decor, mirrored walls, a private bar and a hardwood dance floor. This intimate spot can seat up to 225 guests for a formal, sit-down wedding.

The ballroom. Adorned in gold trimmed mirrors and sweeping draperies, the elegant room features a full granite top bar, brass chandeliers and a spacious hardwood dance floor. The main ballroom can fit up to 250 guests. The ballroom and the Swiss room combined can seat a total of 450 guests.

Gazebo. When the weather permits, say "I do" in the beautiful white wooden garden gazebo surrounded by gorgeous tall pines, a stone walkway and lush grounds. Decorated with seasonal flowers, it provides the ideal backdrop for your nuptials.

Your wedding at this popular venue begins with a professional event planner to guide you through all of your plans. The exclusive wedding package at Alpine Banquets includes:

• Private bridal suite
  • Setup and cleanup
  • 4 1/2-hour premium open bar
  • Champagne toast for the head table
  • Unlimited signature wine during dinner
  • Choice of customized wedding cake
  • Tables, chairs and linens
  • Seasonal fresh flowers or mirror and votive centerpieces for each table

The venue only provides catering and beverage services. Couples have an option of a sit-down or a cocktail reception. All menus are customizable. Your event planner can assist you in selecting and scheduling additional vendors of your own choice or from a list of preferred local professionals.

All plans include a six-hour event rental excluding setup and cleanup time. Coffee and tea are served throughout dinner and with dessert. Discounted rates are available from December 1 to March 30.

Unlike other wedding venues, Alpine Banquets brings the cake and the rest of the dessert with its catering services. You design the cake from flavor to design and frosting and the culinary staff prepares it and serves it along with a choice of French vanilla, chocolate or strawberry ice cream with chocolate, strawberry or raspberry sauce.

Dessert doesn't end with the cake and ice cream. Add kolaczki, peach cups topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings, cheesecake or a Tiramisu tort table.

For evening events, consider a late-night bite table with a choice of:

• Spicy chicken tenders and spicy chicken wings with French fries
  • Chicago-style hot dogs with potato chips
  • Mini marinara meatballs or Italian beef subs served with corkscrew pasta salad

"Banquets of Distinction"

Alpine Banquets brings warmth, elegance, and intimacy to your event. Our Swiss Style facility surrounded by beautiful landscaping is the perfect location. Excellent cuisine, unsurpassed service, array of amenities, flawless execution of detail has earned Alpine Banquets a well deserved reputation.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom

8230 South Cass Avenue, Darien, IL (630) 964-4154

Memorable Night

Reviewed on 12/29/2014

Had an event here recently and was definitely impressed. The venue, food and staff, especially Sebastian, was great. From day one planning the event Sebastian was nice and accommodating to our needs. Having to plan a wedding can be stressful but with the staff at Alpine... Read More everything they promised was delivered!!! The venue was great, clean and up to date. Usually you go to a banquet hall and have a few things that are out-dated but not this place. The food was great as usual. Everything came out looking wonderful and even tasted better. I have been to Alpine Banquets numerous times for events but it was the first time I ever planned an event there and will definitely be going back.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Andrea L

Alpine Banquets did a phenomenal job for our wedding on April Fools Day. I was a little apprehensive about not being able to be there to oversee the setup, but when I walked into the hall, I experienced it as the guests did, and it was beautiful! We decided to get the mini... Read More sweet table.....Amazing! (drooool). They set up my crazy DIY centerpieces and they were so incredibly collaborative with all my vendors. The food was great. We did plated prime rib or alpine chicken. Both were very good. They also honored my request to serve hurricanes as a signature drink to go with our mardi gras theme. Last but not least their pricing is unbeatable especially for the service. Wonderful job. Thank you Helen and Alpine staff for helping make our wedding dreams come true!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Justyna W

Alpine Banquets was the best choice for our wedding reception on April 2017! The entire staff served 480 guests in such a professional manner. Sebastian and Helen did a wonderful job with the entire wedding planning and making sure the hall looked absolutely stunning and very... Read More organized. Everyone loved the sweet table as well as the seafood table! Dinner was delicious and served in such a timely manner! The cake table and head table backdrop looked absolutely beautiful! Highly recommend this venue and will definitely be having future events at Alpine Banquets!

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Brad S

Alpine is amazing! Sebastian and Helen were gracious and accommodating every step of the way. If you're looking for a fantastic place to get married then look no further. The food is absolutely delicious. Everything is made fresh, even the pastries on the dessert table. The... Read More place is in impeccable condition and you can see that they take very good care of it. Our wedding was absolutely fantastic and I wouldn't have changed a single thing. We are so grateful to the Kos family at Alpine Banquets for making our day so special!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Gabriela R

We had the most amazing experience at Alpine Banquets. The staff helped make our wedding day a memorable one. Every detail was attended to and Sebastian guided us through the whole wedding process. He made sure we felt comfortable with every decisions we made and that everything... Read More was the way we wanted it. We can not wait to host another event knowing that it will be executed beyond our expectations. Thank you to Sebastion and the entire Alpine Banquets staff.

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Eileen S

I assisted in planning a friends wedding. Everything was planned, in place and ready to go we worked for months to fill in all details. A little more then 12 hours before the wedding the venue caught fire ... total loss. Sebastian and Helen from Alpine Banquets didn't hesitate... Read More to help when we called and asked them to host a 200+ in less then 24 hours. I was shocked and grateful that they pulled off Ceremony and reception in less then 24 hours flawlessly. Thank you Sebastian, Helen, and staff at Alpine for making the Barns Schaefer flawless.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Jamie S

I could not have asked for a more beautiful wedding reception. Alpine banquets was amazing to work with, always answered questions quickly, the food is amazing, the price was extremely reasonable, and the room looked perfect when we arrived. From our initial tasting with Helen... Read More to our final meeting with Sebastian and of course the reception, the staff was incredible. I would recommend Alpine banquets to anyone!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Alicia L

Such a great experience from beginning to end! All of our questions were answered thoroughly and we felt very comfortable that our reception would be perfect. Every detail was as discussed and the staff was extremely friendly. Our guests still talk about our wedding and how... Read More great the food and service was. Highly recommend Alpine!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Erica M

Sebastian and Helen were amazing to work with! They were so accommodating with all of my requests and even setting up all of the pieces that went with my centerpieces. Our guests are still contacting us to rave about the atmosphere and the food. So glad, I chose them and had a... Read More beautiful reception! Would most definitely recommend them to anyone looking for an affordable and easy to work with facility. Thank you for everything you did for us Sebastian and Helen! ~Erica & Scott (Disney Reception 9.17.16)

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Sylwia W

My husband and I are incredibly thankful and fortunate to have had the chance to have our reception at Alpine Banquets May 14, 2016. We looked at many places in and around the area yet could not find one that suited our needs. When we first walked in and were shown the rooms,... Read More we knew we had found a winner. We both loved the classy interiors that were clean, elegant, and large enough to handle our guests of around 100 people. Sebastian and his sweet mom Helen answered all of our questions and gave us detailed information about their various packages. Additionally, this was a multi-cultural wedding and they gave great advice on how to make it work for both groups. Whenever we had questions, they responded immediately by phone. Our food tasting was an enjoyable experience; the spread was exquisite as we had many chicken/beef/veggie options to choose from. Although our wedding consisted of 100 guests, we had many decorations to assemble and display. I provided all decorations to Sebastian a week ahead of time and we were blown away how beautiful the main ballroom was when we arrived at our reception. My husband and I as well as our guests felt so at-home and incredibly comfortable. The food was delicious as we chose cream of chicken and rice and chicken/beef dinner plates for each of the guests. Additionally, the dessert table was beautifully displayed. In short, our guests loved the food, loved the drinks, the dessert table was exquisite, and the tables and hall were incredibly elegant. Adding to the already superb customer service, Sebastian would even check in on us to make sure our night was going as planned and if they needed to make any adjustments to accommodate our needs. Many thanks to Sebastian and his Mother Helen for making our engagement and wedding experience truly special, but above all memorable. We highly recommend Alpine Banquets to anyone searching for the perfect Wedding Reception experience. Sincerely, Sylwia and Chris

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Amanda C

Where to begin! Alpine was absolutely amazing through our entire wedding process- living out of state and planning a wedding can really be a lot of work, but Sebastian was always a phone call or an email away and always there's with an answer. When we first went to Apline and... Read More met Sebastian we knew it was the venue of our dreams! Helen and Sebastian were so kind, helpful, professional, and all around just amazing. We decided on a family style dinner and our guest with a champagne fountains (seriously such a hit!) everyone couldn't not stop talking about how delicious the food was. Our bar package was the best! We had the greatest bartenders and there were drinks for everyone. If you're looking for exceptional service, great friendly people to work with, a beautiful hall, and amazing and affordable wedding packages please please please choose alpine! Thank you so much Apline for helping us have the wedding of our dreams!

Reviewed on 12/14/2015 Kathleen N

Alpine Banquets proved to us that we did not need to spend excessive amounts to hold our reception. Both Sebastian and Helen were great; professional, friendly, caring and very easy going. We loved that they did not price gauge us. Most halls and venues tacked on extra fees... Read More for anything they could get away with charging. You know that it is a great value and seems too good to be true. We decided to go with the family style dinner and opted for the chocolate fountain. There was plenty of food served. We held our ceremony there as well. Being a Friday night at 6:00 pm, many people were stuck in traffic and apparently called Alpine to inquire alternate routes and such. Sebastian asked us if were opposed to starting 15 minutes later. It worked out better for us and our guests. My maid of honor (my sister) took care of everything that evening. She, too, was impressed with Sebastian and his efficiency and preparedness. We certainly felt that the service we received was top notch! You cannot go wrong with a family run business, with exceptional prices and excellent service.

Absolutly Amazing People to Work With/Could Not Have Asked for Better

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Amanda P

When planning our wedding, my husband and I were on a fairly limited budget. We looked at several venues all of which were far out of our price range. I will admit, that the initial draw to Alpine Banquets was the price, but the quality of service that we received far exceeded... Read More anything we could have expected (including probably what we would have gotten from some of the more expensive venues). Sebastian and Helen were incredible to work with and their staff the night of our wedding was amazing. The food was great, the space was perfect, and the people could not have been better. I can't even count how many of our guests have commented to us how wonderful everything was. I would definitely recommend Alpine Banquets to anyone planning their event in the western suburbs.

Best Time!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Becki J

The Alpine is great, the room was absolutely beautiful. It was better then I had imagined. Helen let me have whatever I wanted. The food was incredible and there was massive amounts of it! The mini sweets table was HUGE! It was all perfect! They did all the set up and blew my... Read More mind! We didn't even know there was a second wedding going on at the same time. GO WITH THEM!!!!

GREAT VENUE!!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Katie P

Sebastian and staff were perfect! The food was delicious (and served hot!) and they were very accommodating with the menu considering we had gluten free guests. The ballroom was the perfect venue for our Disney themed wedding :) We would highly recommend this banquet hall to... Read More anyone!

The best value around!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Jamilya C

Our experience with Alpine Banquets was excellent, from start to finish! They were able to meet all of our needs, and even some that we didn't know we had! Sebastian was very easy to work with and always helpful whenever we had any questions. The decorations were beautiful and... Read More exactly what we wanted. The food was delicious. There's nothing that I would change about our experience. Thank you, Alpine Banquets for making our big day so special!

Hidden Gem in Chicagoland

Reviewed on 8/25/2014 Kim C

From the moment we met Helen, we realized that we wanted to work with her. We found Alpine Banquets in between looking at other venues we had appointments for and I am so thankful that we found them. All of the staff is so down to earth and realistic. When planning a wedding, it... Read More becomes pretty clear that a lot of people/venues are out to nickle and dime you for as much as possible. This is not the case at Alpine. They offer an AMAZING wedding package at one of the most affordable prices in the area. Our package included appetizers, an open bar (which was on par with the premium options at a lot of other locations), our wedding cake, a family style meal, wine at every table and free uplighting. They answered questions, helped us set things up (honestly they did most of the set up), and nearly everything went perfect. We were married in the ballroom which was beautiful. There was also a wedding going on next door, but because of the set up, we didn't even hear or really see the other party. The one and only reason I am not giving them a perfect score, is I found out the next day that one of the tables was missing a place setting. Thankfully there was an empty seat at another table that the guest knew people at so it all worked out. I am sure that if someone told Sebastian (who was present at my wedding)he would have immediately fixed it. I HIGHLY recommend Alpine Banquets. There food, drinks and service was such a high quality for such an affordable price.

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 1/03/2014 Melissa S

We had our wedding in October of 2013. I was so pleased with Alpine. They were very easy to reach whenever needed. Sebastian was our main contact and manager available the day of the wedding. I brought in all my own center pieces and quite a few other various decorations... Read More and they followed my instructions exactly. Everything was beautifully set up when we walked in. They really went above and beyond. All of our guests seemed very happy with the food. There were many compliments on the breaded pork tenderloin (definitely worth the small up charge). They also have kolacky that are to die for! I was so sad I didn't get any on the night of the wedding before they were all gone! I would highly recommend Alpine to anyone.

A Magical Night

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 Kelly

I couldn't have been happier with Alpine Banquets, especially Helen and Sebastian Kos! They were amazing to work with and made the entire planning process stress free! Sebastian listened to everything that I wanted and met all of it at 100%! He is amazing at what he does.... Read More Throughout the night he was always checking to make sure if everything was okay. The food was spectacular! I couldn't have been happier. All of our guests kept telling us how great the food was, so we knew we made the right choice!! The appetizers, family style entree, the dessert and the drinks were all amazing all night long! The bar package was fantastic! There was something for everybody, and the bartenders were so nice and friendly. They had a drink ready for the bridal party at all times! Everything was amazing and made our wedding night fantastic!!! Thank you so much for everything Alpine Banquets!!!

Wedding 7/27/13

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Magdalena K

My husband and I were very blessed to have our wedding at Alpine Banquets. Helen, the Polish owner, was absolutely accommodating, sweet, and very professional. The venue was unique, clean, and beautifully decorated. We were lucky to have the only wedding that night which was a... Read More plus. The food and dessert tables were fabulous and we got a ton of compliments from guests. The servers were attentive and we never felt rushed. Also the pricing was very reasonable for those of us on a budget. I highly recommend you check this place out and you won't be disappointed. Thank you Alpine banquets for making our wedding the best day ever!

Halloween themed Wedding

Reviewed on 1/05/2013 Raquel D

Alpine Banquets did a wonderful job for my Halloween themed wedding. They let us come in two days early to set up everything and were very accommodating when it came to decorating and making sure everything was set up exactly the way I wanted it. Helen was amazing! I would... Read More recommend this hall for anyone that is looking for somewhere affordable and has good food.

a little outdated but affordable

Reviewed on 9/19/2012 Kelly R

Alpine is a great banquet hall for couples on a budget. They have especially great pricing for friday and sunday weddings. The ballroom is very open and airy, the swiss room is much smaller, short ceilings, but very nice. Both rooms are a little outdated, but when all the... Read More decorations are up it looks very nice. I spoke primarily with Helen and she was a pleasure to work with! She always got back to me right away and was always willing to answer my questions even if i asked them several times. The food was very good! We did the family style and everyone loved all the choices. The cake turned out beautiful and was very good too!

Nice Venue

Reviewed on 5/31/2012 Kristina B

The venue was beautiful and their food was amazing.

RE: venue

Reviewed on 7/20/2011 Casey L

Beautiful place but a little too small.

Ceremony and Reception at Alpine Banquets

Reviewed on 7/04/2011 Cheryl S

My guest were so happy with every part of our wedding. We held the ceremony and reception at Alpine and we could not have been more pleased. Some of the guests I talked to after the wedding told me the event looked so classy and expensive. The staff was fantastic. They were... Read More entertaining to my guests and very accomidating. My groom can be demanding and they were able to keep him happy too. That says ALOT about the great people at Alpine.