Book Your Wedding with Bingham House

A BALLROOM IN MCKINNEY, TX

Bingham House, a historic home in McKinney, Texas, was built in 1883 by newspaper owner and Civil War veteran Captain John Henry Bingham. Bingham House has been hosting grand parties and weddings for over a century and the renovated house has lost none of its historic charm with its updated amenities. There are several spaces on the property for ceremonies and receptions and the largest indoor location holds a maximum of 150 guests, while the outdoor tented option holds up to 175. If you're looking for the traditional Southern charm of columns and balconies paired with the class of a Georgian Italianate style home, then Bingham House is just right for your wedding.

Veranda. With white columns and charcoal-gray floors, the veranda is a modern update on the classic Southern porch. Decorated with garlands and bouquets, this area makes a lovely backdrop for a ceremony. From the lawn outside, guests can get a glimpse of the couple from the balconies for their first appearance as a married couple, first dance or champagne toast. The area seats 150.

Magnolia Hall. A grand indoor space, Magnolia Hall has over 2,000 square feet of space, eight sets of French doors and a digital grand piano for an elegant ceremony or reception. For a theater-style ceremony or reception seating, this large and ornately decorated room can hold 125. The options of seating with a dance floor will accommodate 100 guests, while 150 people can mingle for a cocktail reception. The room is also handicap accessible and has a digital grand piano, sound system, projector and screen for any audiovisual requests you may have.

Garden. Don't let the simple name fool you: the Garden at Bingham House has plenty of options as well. A ceremony or reception on the courtyard can accommodate 65 guests or add the patio space to accommodate 100. The beautiful brick-laid courtyard was built from bricks claimed from a milk house on the property and a wishing well that has been there since the house was built makes a whimsical backdrop for a ceremony. An event in the arbor can hold up to 150, the lawn facing the courtyard can house 125 and the tented area can hold 175 people.

Bingham House has an on-site coordinator who works tirelessly with you to plan and hold the wedding you imagine. The property also provides a DJ, licensed bartender and event staff. The bartender is a requirement for serving any alcoholic beverages and parties must use the on-site bartender. Bringing your own alcohol is fine and incurs no charges. A single keg or case is allowed; no tap is required. The bar will not be opened early, unless early cocktails have been planned. Early cocktails, outside alcohol and a full bar require security, which will be provided by the property and charged to the event. All non-alcoholic beverages are also okay, but all beverages must be delivered 24 hours in advance.

Bingham House offers on-site catering and no outside food is allowed. No food is allowed to leave the property aside from wedding cake. On-site catering offers a wide range of styles and offerings, including home cooking, Texas and Italian, as well as appetizers or buffets. Decorating is available, though not required and candles are okay for use as long as they are in containers.

For outdoor events, the music must be softened by 10:30 p.m., with no exceptions. All events may be held between 9 a.m. and 11:30 p.m. Events are staffed for six hours as part of the package, but extra hours can be arranged for a fee. No smoking is allowed in any rooms or buildings. No pets, sparklers or fireworks are allowed on the property and silk petals are only allowed inside. For other 'toss' options, fresh flower petals, bubbles or lavender are approved for use.

Couples must have a marriage license for the ceremony. A deposit is required to confirm your date and no refunds are allowed, but couples may reschedule within six months of their original booking.

Bingham House offers parties these additional options:

• Exclusive use of home and grounds
  • Tables, chairs and linens
  • A suite
  • A DJ and other staff
  • Complementary cake cutting service
  • Preferred vendors to recommend
  • Two rooms to rent: Captain's Room and Eliza's Room

Historic Bingham House Bed & Breakfast

The Bingham House historic property is perfect for weddings and just minutes from Dallas. The beautiful historic home built in 1883 now features Magnolia Hall with a capacity of up to 100. Full-service catering are provided. Call to schedule your private tour today!

Ballroom, Estate, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

800 South Chestnut St, McKinney, TX (972) 529-1883

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Rachel R

My husband and I had our reception at Bingham House and the whole thing was a joy from beginning to end! Karen, the owner, is so kind, welcoming, and knowledgeable, and she put me, my parents, and my husband all at ease as soon as we started our initial tour. She knew all the... Read More right questions to ask and met with us several times along the way to make sure everything went just right. When we got to the day of, her staff was so kind and attentive to us, offering to get us whatever we needed as well as helping all of our elderly guests. Karen herself was there making sure everything happened just as it was supposed to the entire night. The venue is absolutely beautiful and I can not recommend this place enough. <3

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Monica W

Married 6-3-2017 7:30pm Courtyard Patio I totally loved my wedding Karen and Bill yall did a magnificent job with everything. From top to bottom. I had the wedding of my dreams and couldn't have asked for a better place to have it. You are and was everything a bride need to have... Read More to make her special day come to life.... I would tell any and everybody that your first class and to expect nothing less in your venue as well as wedding planning. From our first meeting until our last meeting I left feeling confident that I was getting everything I asked for... The food was delicious from the salad down to the beef and chicken sliders. Everybody that come to my elegant wedding has spoken highly of The Bingham House. This was a affair my family and friends enjoyed.. From the words out of my mother's mouth it was just beautiful... Thanks again Karen and Bill Lynch

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Anna S

If you are considering Bingham House for your event... book it. I was a little apprehensive at first about hosting a pre wedding welcome reception and post wedding brunch here but honestly it could not have been any better. Karen had an amazing sense of style and the food is... Read More delicious. She handled everything... set up, food, decor, clean up. I literally didn't lift a finger. We collaborated on Pinterest boards to come up with the menu and look and feel and she completely exceeded all expectations and turned those Pinterest pictures into reality. She could have easily charged much more for everything she included and did for our events... it's an amazing value. Again, if you're considering Bingham House, book it now. You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Ken B

We recently got married at the Bingham House. From the moment we met Karen, it was an easy and fun experience. She is knowledgeable, thoughtful, fun, insightful and patient. Her recommendations for us and our event were spot on. Her food was fabulous. Her staff was so kind,... Read More considerate, hard working and patient. It definitely made our special day truly special! Thanks, Karen!

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Amy D

Simply breathtaking! My husband and I could t have picked a better venue to capture our special day. Karen and her team made everything so easy from decor to the food. I barely had to do anything because she had everything covered. Our family and friends cannot stop commenting... Read More on the venue and all of the fall decor Karen provided. Highly recommended venue to host your wedding day! Thank you Bingham House for all of your work for us. The Loveland's #11082015

Reviewed on 11/01/2015

Our daughter Liz and son-in-law Dalt began their new journey in life together at this beautiful venue, with Karen guiding them every step of the way. Even when the weather doesn't cooperate, everything went smoothly with Karen and her team. Many thanks to them for getting our... Read More kids their great beginning in their new lifetime together.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Rebecca R

Karen is an absolute dream! My husband is in the military and we had to do everything from a distance. She was so accommodating and when I could finally be in town to set everything up, she was so incredibly helpful! She checked on us throughout the night and made sure we were... Read More well taken care of. Karen, her husband Bill, and her staff were incredible! I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful venue or a more accommodating host!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

A few years ago, I was asked to fill in for a fellow DJ at this venue. I own a fairly popular wedding and event DJ business based in Plano, TX which caters to the entire metroplex (www.dfwdj.net). The Bingham House is by far my favorite local venue. The ease in which Karen &... Read More Bill handle their establishment is not lost on the bride and groom nor on the vendors. If I could book every one of my weddings here I would in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

We had our daughter's wedding at the Bingham in October of 2015. Karen and crew could not have been better! A beautiful setting with professional, ready to please staff. Everything at our event went off without a hitch. The food was excellent as well.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Antonio K

Our wedding was everything I dreamed it would be! Of course the venue was beautiful, perfect, with the vintage flair that I love! Karen & Bill kept everything rolling throughout the wedding day. It feels as though I looked up and everything was over, but any worry I had (not... Read More about the venue, but typical wedding worry) was alleviated as I was getting dressed, being asked a million and one questions from every direction, and Karen's smiling face brought me a glass of champagne! It was truly a day to remember and I would most definitely recommend The Bingham House to any bride searching for the perfect venue at a reasonable price and all the extras included!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Taylor P

What can I say? The Bingham house was the perfect back drop for our big day. The house itself is gorgeous, with so many great places to take photos. The courtyard is breathtaking, especially at night. Our friends and family LOVED the venue, and Karen kept the night moving... Read More perfectly. I did not have a care in the world on my wedding day, and was able to enjoy myself because she had all of our bases covered. We love the Bingham house!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015

We LOVED having our wedding at the Bingham House! Karen and her staff were so helpful and made our wedding day BEAUTIFUL and simply amazing! Our guests loved the awesome views of the entire property and the landscape gave way for STUNNING photography. The planning was so easy... Read More and smooth with all that Karen did to make it stress-free for us. The food was also incredible and all of our guests loved it! You will not regret having your wedding here! It is the perfect place to celebrate your special day.

Reviewed on 6/16/2015

We held our wedding ceremony and reception at The Bingham House in June 2015. We had between 50 to 60 guests with children. We could not have been more pleased! The ceremony setting in the backyard was stunning and the indoor recception area right off the backyard was perfect.... Read More Working with Karen was easy and I (the bride) was relatively unspecific about many things such as the reception table centerpieces but Karen did such a beautiful job of putting together amazing decor that fit with my accent color and my general ideas that I did give her. We must have met with her 4 times total since we booked back in Oct, and got alot accomplished at each quick meeting. Karen was organized and covered all the details ... things I never would have thought about. She was always super responsive when I emailed or called with questions. She gave us several DJ options to choose from according to our wedding package and, from the first phone conversation I had with Kevin Gibbs, I knew he would be great and he certainly was! He kept me and my guests out on the dancefloor until it was time to leave. The food was delicous! The bartender was great! Five stars plus for The Bingham House!

Above and beyond

Reviewed on 3/17/2015 Peta D

Karen went above and beyond to execute our vision. We received so many compliments. We also used her recommended dj photographer and bakery who were all excellent.

Let's do it again!!

Reviewed on 1/23/2015 Michelle L

If I had to do our wedding again I would use the Bingham House again and again. We had such and amazing night. Karen was a wonderful host and coordinator. The DJ was so much fun to work with. The food was amazing (my guest were all very impresses and complimented the food all... Read More night). My fiance was even excited about the venue and the theme so it was a wonderful event to plan and everyone had the best time. It was also an amazing venue for our photographers to use for some amazing pictures. Thanks Bingham House for the perfect wedding.

Best Wedding EVER!!!

Reviewed on 6/15/2014 Lisa J

To truly express how wonderful our wedding experience was at The Bingham house, would require the writing skills of a Hemingway or Thoreau. But, I'll give it a shot. From the day we met Karen and Bill, the owners, until we hopped in the car after the wedding, they didn't... Read More miss a beat. Their experience and knowledge insured our day was flawless. Karen will take the time to help you make choices if you don't know exactly what you want or provide exactly what you want if you already do know. She is patient and understanding with changes, even up to the last minute. From your colors to menu to providing recommendations for Officiant, DJ, etc., she has it covered. Bill has done a fantastic job in providing a beautiful setting. The house is immaculate and the landscaping beautiful. He built a new pergola in the past few months and its incredible. You will be impressed! To sum it up, THEY ROCK! The Bingham House can provide everything you need and more for the best possible wedding and reception experience. So, if you are looking for a wedding venue in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, you have got to check them out. You'll be so happy that you did!! Thank you so very much Karen and Bill!!! Paul and Lisa Endtricht

Bingham House scores SIX

Reviewed on 5/19/2014 C C

Bingham House helped provide a lovely wedding experience for our daughter and son-in-law. Since we live out of town, it was especially comforting to see that everything was being taken care of without our presence. Bill and Karen helped create the wedding the "kids" wanted,... Read More and provided the setting for the starting point for a lifetime of precious marriage memories. The advice, expertise, and most of all execution helped make the day a pleasure for them, for us, for our families, and for our friends. The setting, food, logistics, EVERYTHING were all excellent. On a scale of one to five, Bingham House scores SIX.

Breath taking

Reviewed on 10/15/2012 Sheena M

This venue is so pretty and met all our expectations. I was very pleased with the Ins and outs of our wedding day!

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 7/06/2012 Sherri B

I had a clear vision for my wedding and after visiting the Bingham House and meeting Karen, I knew this would be the absolute venue to make my vision come true! The Bingham House is an amazing venue for a wedding of 125 people or less. What my guests said - Very Romantic,... Read More Pictures should be featured in a magazine, Wonderful Food, Best wedding location ever! And what can I say about Karen- she is amazing. She made us feel as if we were the only wedding she worked for all year. She made us feel so important. The courtyard made for the most beautiful cocktail reception. We brought in a lighting vendor and added to the ambiance with Chinese Lanterns throughout the back and uplighting in the Manor House (dinner reception)--it was breathtaking. I would recommend the Bingham House to anyone getting married-not sure there is a better place and staff that can make your dream wedding come true!

Wonderful

Reviewed on 7/05/2012 Danielle J

My husband and I were married at The Bingham House on May 19th. It was the very first and only venue we looked at. The moment I saw the house and met Karen I knew it was the place for us and he agreed. Her list of preferred vendors was a gift, because they were wonderful as... Read More well. She helped with so many details and made sure to point out things that I hadn't even thought of. We stayed in contact all the way up until the wedding and everything turned out far better than I could have hoped. Karen and her staff made everything run so smoothly for the rehearsal and the day of the wedding. Everything went off without a hitch thanks to her planning and preparation. The Bingham House and its staff can make anyone's dream come true. Thank you Karen for everything you did to make our day so special.

Absolutely Perfect!!!

Reviewed on 3/15/2012 Sarah W

This place was amazing. If I could give more stars I would. I had a pretty long list of vendors to check out and the Bingham house was only 3rd on my list. I fell in love with the site and the coordinator/owner Karen immediately and canceled all my other appointments. The... Read More Bingham house is basically a historic home with a courtyard in the back and a room off to the side for receptions. If you have your wedding there, you and your guests have full access to the house which I thought was very neat. My wedding was out back in the courtyard, the reception hall housed the reception part and our buffet line was served in main house in the dining room. What I thought was really cool was that my husband and I had our first dance on the back balcony. It was very private up there for us, but our guests were still able to see us and share the moment with us. The price is excellent considering it includes a DJ, food, and Karen's assistance with planning your special day. She does as much or as little of the decorating as you want her to. I gave her a lot of responsibility because I didn't want to and I also don't have an eye for what looks good. She did all of our center pieces and they were gorgeous. If you book your wedding with her you will meet with her several times and go over all the details to make your day perfect. My ceremony was outside in the courtyard in February and it was gorgeous. Since the weather could have been hit or miss, we had a plan B established, but luckily we did not have to go that route. The food we chose was an Italian buffet and let me tell ya... the pasta was out of this world!! My friends are still talking about it weeks later! Karen and the Bingham house made my wedding everything I dreamed of and more! I was not stressed at all because she handled everything professionally and made sure I could enjoy my day. She made planning a wedding easy and affordable. If you are looking to get married in the Dallas area, it is definitely worth your time to check out the Bingham house.

Fabulous

Reviewed on 2/14/2012 deshana s

My husband and I were married at the Bingham House 2-11-12. Karen made our wedding dreams become reality!!She was very accommodating, and open to ALL ideas. The house is absolutely gorgeous and the grounds are fantastic for pictures. I would reccommend the Bingham House for ANY... Read More event!!

Amazing...

Reviewed on 11/01/2010 Erin T

I am so happy with how my wedding turned out at The Bingham House. Karen was very organzized and helped my wedding go without a hitch. Everyone is still talking about how amazing it was and how beautiful of a venue. I have already told other future brides about this [email protected]

Review for The Bingham House Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Laura H

It was beautiful and just the right size;The owner was very rude to my groomsmen and some guests.

Review for The Bingham House Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 ashley a

There was indoor and outdoor space for people to gather. The inside was decorated very well and all I had to do was put my personality with it.;The stairs are steep.