Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Wedding Website, Planning

California - all areas (619) 788-7410

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Kimberly H

Dawn Steel at Hannah Events is an excellent planner. We worked together on my wedding from vision to day-of coordinator. The partial package made it possible to have her help within my budget and, boy, was it worth it!! I saved so much time and money having a solid plan moving... Read More forward. Her guidance, calming demeanor and professionalism made certain our dream wedding became a reality within our budget. When dealing with many professionals who already have a set way about how they do weddings, sometimes we had to request a slightly different way to keep with our vision but some venders would try to convince us otherwise. Upon consulting with Dawn to see if our request was reasonable, she was able to see the big picture. On more than a few occasions, Dawn in her tactful way made certain our requests would be honored and all parties were content about the decision moving forward. Also, I had a few last minute surprise needs right before the wedding and she was quick to offer solutions that saved the day! Everything turned out beautiful and she kept all the "hiccups" of the day behind the scenes. All of our family and friends were able to enjoy our wedding as much as we did and not have to stress about the "workings" of our special day. Thank you Dawn and Hanna Smith Events for your excellent services and extra care and love for our wedding!!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Nicole D

Hiring Hannah Smith Events to plan my dream wedding was easily the best decision I made throughout the entire wedding planning process. We went with the partial planning package and I was lucky enough to work with Hannah directly as my planner from start to finish after booking... Read More our venue prior and she made my wedding vision come to LIFE! She is brilliant at what she does and not only would any bride be lucky to work with her, I know she has an amazing team running under her and any of her planners would be nothing short of amazing. Let me be the first to say - I was no easy bride. Bridezilla some may call it or just very particular, they go hand to hand. ;) I sat down with Hannah about 13 months prior to our wedding day and she made my vision come to life and gave my husband and I the wedding of our dreams. She patiently answered my countless emails, texts and calls throughout the planning process. She gave me incredible vendor recommendations who all played a part in making our dream wedding come true. She saw my vision and worked with me endlessly on every detail down to the core, to make it a reality. Guests were blown away by the details and how everything flowed so perfectly - many saying it was the best and the most beautiful wedding they've ever seen. Most importantly, my now husband and I were able to relax and enjoy our day knowing Hannah had it all under control. We were almost in tears when we saw our ceremony and reception room come to life! We got married in one of San Diego's top hotels and with it, as I'm sure there is in any wedding venue, there came a few hiccups. Hannah always put out fires and did everything she could to make sure it would be the best day of our lives. She served as not only a planner, but as an advocate and friend! I will miss our chats of talking and planning throughout the process and was so lucky to have her by my side! As an FYI, no matter how much of a perfectionist and over the top planner you may be - THERE WILL BE HICCUPS and you will NEED a planner! I cannot even imagine trying to manage all of the details that go into wedding planning on your own the day of as a bride. Having a wedding a planner is a MUST and hiring Hannah was the best decision I made for not only making my vision come to life. She always patiently listened to all of my rants that come with the stress of planning and was always there to help me make the best decisions throughout the process that would fit our wedding style and budget. She really made our wedding dreams a reality. Thank you Hannah! You and your team are truly the best!

Reviewed on 12/24/2016 JoLynn E

We could not be happier and more thankful that we were able to have Dawn Steele as our wedding coordinator! She came recommended to us by our photographer and she well exceeded our expectations. Our wedding day, like all wedding days, had its hiccups, but the fact that none of... Read More our guests could see them or realize everything wasn’t running perfectly is because of Dawn! Multiple things came up that required re-shuffling and Dawn handled it all like the pro she is! We are still receiving compliments that our wedding was the smoothest, best coordinated wedding people have ever gone to. We bought the Month Of wedding coordination and it was well worth it. Dawn helped coordinate everything with the hotel, the ceremony/reception venue, all vendors. And when I say everything, I mean everything! Even down to the meals the vendors wanted! With our package, we were also guaranteed at least 1 extra assistant to help with setup of our venue and décor. Another thing that set Hanna Smith Events, and Dawn, a part from other wedding coordinators we went to was their willingness to do all décor set up in such a short amount of time (2 hours). Other coordinators we received quotes from either would only handle coordinating vendors (i.e. no décor set up), or wouldn’t take our business because of the tight set up time. Plus, Dawn’s calm (but get things done) attitude really helped keep everyone calm when the hiccups came.

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Leah H

My husband and I hired Dawn Steel from Hannah Smith Events to help with our wedding planning. We picked the all inclusive wedding planning package; hiring Dawn to help us was the BEST decision we made. I cannot thank her and her team enough for everything that they did. We had... Read More the most amazing day ever and it was all that I imagined it to be!!! When we hired Dawn we had already found a venue for our wedding. Dawn helped us with everything else from finding vendors for photography, florals, cupcakes, linens, etc. to selecting invitations and managing our RSVPS! I loved that she sent us a monthly to do list of things to work on or think about throughout the wedding planning process. She is in the business and most of our vendors gave us a discount and it was nice to know that she worked with each vendor at prior weddings so we knew they were all reliable and would do a great job. Dawn is really warm, personable, detailed-oriented, responsive, and so kind. Throughout the planning process my husband and I could choose to be as involved or less involved in different parts of the planning process. I loved that I could emails, call or text her when I had questions and wasn't sure what to do. I've been raving about Dawn to our family and friends and I've been recommending her to them for wedding planning. Dawn and her team, Taylor and Clarissa, did a phenomenal job! Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Liz P

Working with Hannah was a really great experience! She kept us organized, and on task while planning our wedding. She has a calm demeanor and is very flexible. Hannah took a vision that I had in my head and made it a reality. When I walked up to the venue and saw everything... Read More lit up and glowing it literally took my breath away. We were beyond pleased. Having Hannah around really minnimized the inherent stress that goes along with planning and executing a wedding. She is a gem!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Mindy B

When looking for a wedding planner, we originally interviewed 3 others and when we interviewed Hannah, the choice became obvious. Hannah is a true professional. She carries herself with such class and is always ready to deal with difficult situations on behalf of her clients.... Read More She understood us as a couple and was able to completely carry out our vision. She has an amazing network of vendors and the ones she recommended for us suited our budget and our personalities. Working with Hannah was incredible!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Alyssa C

We worked with Dawn Steel for our wedding at the La Jolla Woman's Club in August, and she was awesome! She made the whole wedding planning process much, much easier. We booked the partial planning package because we wanted her help with vendor recommendations, vendor meetings,... Read More and budgeting, and it was perfect for us. Dawn was incredibly organized and responsive throughout the entire process, beginning with the first phone consultation, and she is also very sweet and down-to-earth. All of her vendor recommendations were fantastic, and we loved everything about our wedding! We would not have been nearly as relaxed on our wedding day if it weren't for Dawn - we can't recommend her highly enough!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Stephanie T

Fawn was the best decision we made for our wedding! She is so sweet and just wanted to make our day as perfect as we dreamed it would be. We hired her as our day of coordinator and she helped us throughout the entire year with anything we needed and to make sure we didn't miss... Read More anything. Literally everything went perfectly the day of our wedding and a lot of that is attributed at Dawn and her coordination. Highly recommend her!!!

Reviewed on 6/25/2016 Alyssa Garcia G

Dawn Steel was literally a life saver!! Our wedding was above and beyond what we expected. I don't even know where to begin with Dawn. We debated if we even needed a planner at first... I can not even imagine our wedding with out Dawn. She was so helpful throughout the process.... Read More I don't understand how a person is capable of being so organized and attentive!! She was so reassuring and perfect on the day of my wedding. I can not express how wonderful she was!!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Aizel A

My husband (then-fiancé) generally consider ourselves to be very, very organized when it comes to planning ANYTHING. We are also big on budgeting, so for our wedding, we wanted to save where we could. However, we both felt that investing in a quality wedding coordinator would be... Read More worth every penny... and we were right! Dawn Steel from Hannah Smith Events was amazing! Although our package was meant to begin services 1-2 months prior to the wedding, Dawn was our go-to advisor since the day we hired her (5 months prior!). She was detailed, easygoing, and very accessible by phone, text, and email. She even sent us guides and timelines to keep us on track of our wedding schedule, and checked up on us (not in that "hovering" way, but to make sure we had all the support we needed). Dawn also went above and beyond her "paid" duties. For example, my fiancé and I had TOTALLY forgotten about wedding flowers until about 1-2 months beforehand (who DOES that?). LUCKILY, my mom's florist friend was able to make the flower arrangements... BUT she wasn't going to be in town to set them up. Dawn told me she'd "find a way to make it work." Lo and behold, the flower arrangements were beautifully displayed on our wedding day! Dawn also stepped up in a big way to help put out one of our "fires." I had insisted on picking up the table linens we'd rented, since the company was near my house, and I told Dawn I'd drop them off to her at the wedding rehearsal. Well, I didn't realize they closed early on Saturdays and they'd be closed on Sunday (our wedding day!). AHH! Dawn to the rescue! She saved the day with a phone call to her personal contact from the company. Our wedding day ran so smoothly and perfectly, that our photographer, videographer, and marriage officiant were all impressed. One even said, "This is amazing. I've never, in the history of weddings, have seen a wedding that was on-time... like EVER!" We honestly couldn't have done it without Dawn! THANK YOU <3 Aizel

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Meghan L

Wedding planning is one of those rare situations in life where you get a lot of unsolicited advice. When anyone who has ever been married learns that you yourself are planning a wedding they invariably trot out one of the reliable tropes about Wedding Days. One of my favorites... Read More was: “Something will go wrong. Try not to sweat it.” The thing about that bit of advice is that every single person who offered it to me clearly didn’t have Dawn Steele as their wedding planner. Dawn may as well be super human, because not a single thing went sideways on our big day. Everyone was exactly where they needed to be, when they needed to be there. No one in our wedding party or our families had to lift a finger or even answer many questions on the day of our wedding. Most importantly, our guests had a blast! Even our vendors were impressed with how organized and prompt the whole day was. The entire process of planning with Dawn was a sheer delight. She was incredibly responsive on email and really helped guide us to planning the wedding of our dreams. One of the biggest pay offs for us of hiring Dawn was having a neutral third party to answer sticky questions about etiquette and provide more background on what’s common at weddings, generally. I highly, highly recommend Dawn. You won’t find a better, more pleasant wedding planner in San Diego county.

Thanks Maryssa!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Maryssa was great. She was thorough in preparing for our special day/night and made the management of the whole event smooth. Everything we asked for, she made happen. Thanks for making our wedding day so memorable!

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Marcia S

One of the best decisions I made for my wedding was hiring Dawn Steel from Hannah Smith Events! I consulted with a couple of event planners and Dawn was the right fit for my style and budget. I felt comfortable with her from the start and am so glad she coordinated my wedding... Read More as it was a smooth and seamless day! I wasn't stressed, I didn't have to touch any decorations or worry about what the vendors needed to do. Most of all, my family and friends got to enjoy the event as guests, not with me giving them last minute tasks. I went with the "month of" option which meant that most of the planning was done in the 4-6 weeks leading up to the wedding. My advice to brides is to always find a planner that offers unlimited emails/phone calls/text messages, regardless of whether they select full service planning or just day of coordinating. I feel that the unlimited contact feature was where I got my money's worth. I was very hands on with my vendor selection and research so month of services really worked best for me. Dawn referred vendors to me as well and I did end up hiring some of them (and was satisfied with all their services). Monthly reminders were sent to me so I wouldn't forget anything. Dawn made good suggestions for my timeline as well as how my ceremony would best be arranged. She always listened to what I wanted and wasn't afraid to tell me when something could be improved. She took care of distributing my vendor payments and tips so I wouldn't have to. Her communication was always timely and clear. My wedding would have not been the success it was (it was perfect!) if I didn't have Dawn running the show. If there were mishaps I never found out about them which is a great sign! I highly recommend this company and all brides really should hire a planner! Your one special day in your life is totally worth it!

Reviewed on 10/02/2015

If there was a rating above 5 stars, Hannah Smith would have it. I cannot say enough about the quality of service I received from Hannah Smith Events. I am a type A, ridiculously controlling and particular individual. At first I thought that I was better off handling things... Read More myself... but, after much urging from my then fiance, I decided to interview some wedding planners. After my first couple meetings, I nearly gave up. But, then something gained my attention from Hannah Smith Events. And after my first meeting with Hannah and her team, I was sold; she saw my overall vision and suggested beautiful ways to make my vision into a reality. The added bonus was that her services were so competitively priced! She was responsive to every email and text. Her taste is impeccable and she was such a resource for vendor referrals and just general questions. She certainly helped me navigate through things probably beyond her contract and I am eternally grateful. She seamlessly handled requests and calls from my mother, my mother-in-law and everyone in between. My husband said it best after the wedding, the greatest thing we did in regards to the wedding, was hiring Hannah.

Reviewed on 6/04/2015

My wife and I were married back in April and we were fortunate enough to be reminded 100 times that day that it's good luck when it rains on your wedding day. In reality, our good luck stemmed from having Maryssa with HSE on hand to make the drops feel nonexistent. From the... Read More first time we met on site at the venue to the email we received at the end of the night notifying us that everything was cleaned and cleared, we felt a reassurance that we could finally relax and let everything fall into place. Our wedding had it's share of minor issues but we always knew that HSE was nearby planning the next move. At the end of the night, there were a husband and wife that knew they made the right decision hiring Hannah Smith Events and we would recommend their services to anyone who would listen. We were even important enough to have Hannah herself show up and give her personal touch. Thank you to both Maryssa and Hannah! -Bobryla

Thank you Maryssa!!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2014 Maddy P

Maryssa was absolutely fantastic as a planner for my daughter's wedding this past weekend!! She is punctual, thorough, has extreme attention to detail and is such a sweetheart!! She checked in with all of our vendors and made sure they were all on time. She was at our rehearsal... Read More and the dinner that followed and it ran very smoothly. On the day of the wedding she did a beautiful job of orchestrating all of the help and making sure all the set up was perfect down to the smallest detail. The venue looked gorgeous!! She never even came in to ask a single question, which meant the world to me. I was able to focus on my daughter and nothing else and that is priceless! I HIGHLY recommend Maryssa for any and all events big or small! She is amazing!!

Dawn was amazing!!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Kara P

Dawn was there every step of the way throughout the wedding planning. She was always there to answer any question we had or to give her expert advice. I am so glad I had Dawn design our flowers. They were gorgeous with pearls and seashells in a creative color scheme that fit... Read More perfectly into the theme of the special day. I would have never been able to design something so elegant and original. You definitely want Dawn in your corner the day of your wedding. I couldn't have done it without her.

Thank you Hannah.

Reviewed on 9/05/2014 Amy L

Words cannot describe how thankful my (now) husband and I are to have had such an encouraging, thoughtful, organized, well-connected, and knowledgable planner by our side throughout the planning process. I, like my planner (Hannah), am a very detail-oriented, hands-on, and... Read More organized individual and was a little hesitant to hire someone to assist in the planning process. But you know when you meet people and instantly they "get you." Well, Hannah "got me." Our first meeting I explained my vision for the wedding (I even drew out images of how I wanted things to look.) She put my mind at ease by clearly communicating and relaying every message to our vendors. The most important thing is anytime I had a question or idea, she was there. Whether via email, text, phone, etc. Hannah always answered my questions and held me accountable to my wedding timeline. (As a bride working fulltime there are so many things that slip your mind no matter how organized you think you are- especially the day of!) Hannah- You made my day the perfect day. You helped with so many last minute details and kept everything moving smoothly. I am so grateful for your help through the planning process but especially the day of. Thank you! Amy

flawless wedding

Reviewed on 9/03/2014

Hannah was our wedding planner for the duration of our year long planning and day of. Her expertise, communication style, professionalism, and attention to detail were spot on! She made the day of seem effortless, and our guests took notice and commented on her amazing work as... Read More well. She had several useful and creative ideas, as well as, a list of vendors that were perfect for each service. Hannah is definitely a 5 star and beyond wedding planner. She is great for any event and we will be using her in the future and recommending her to others as well. Thanks Hannah!

Fantastic Service!

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 courtney s

I hired Hannah Smith Events for my wedding in August. I had the pleasure of working with Dawn and she was AMAZING! She was extremely responsive and handled everything I threw her way like a true expert! I would highly recommend her services if you are looking for a wedding... Read More planner. The amount of stress she took off of me was priceless and I cant thank her enough for the work that she did for my husband and I. The wedding was as beautiful as I had imagined it to be, thanks to her help! Thanks, Dawn!

Amazing Work

Reviewed on 9/01/2014 Erin C

Hannah was such a pleasure to work with! She listened to everything that we wanted, offered suggestions to improve our ideas, and executed everything flawlessly. We were on a tight budget and she did everything she could to find us the best deals without sacrificing quality.... Read More When she hadn't worked with a particular vendor, she was upfront about it, did her research on the vendor, and shared her honest opinion with us. This allowed us to make informed choices about everything we did and we loved all of our vendors. The day of went off without a hitch and she was extremely attentive throughout the event. She was right there when my husband and I needed a break or a moment to ourselves and she made sure we were able to get it. I highly recommend using Hannah for your wedding or any other event. Everything was absolutely beautiful!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Jennifer M

Thank you so much for all of your help! I know that we were your client, but it never really felt that way. We always felt like you were just a friend helping us out and relieving much of our stress. We will for sure pass along your information to anyone looking for a... Read More coordinator!

Fabulous Wedding Planner!

Reviewed on 9/11/2013 Selam M

Where do I start?! I decided to plan a wedding in 5 months and knew I needed a wedding planner since I lived in the bay area but my wedding was going to be in SD. I searched dozens of sites and read countless reviews. After narrowing down to a handful of coordinators I called... Read More Hannah Smith Events. Hannah was the first planner I spoke to and after our initial conversation I felt really good about her (call it a woman's intuition?! lol) She was warm, smart and was very confident she could pull this off & on top of that her rate was very competitive! Of course my fiance wasn't going to let me hire the first person I talked to but I knew all along it would be Hannah. I did my due diligence and spoke to a few other wedding planners and I just didn't get the same feeling and some were either priced way too high or a bit low which made me nervous. I ended up hiring Hannah for my Aug 10th wedding to handle my entire wedding planning and she immediately got to work. I am a very picky person and very much into every little detail. Hannah took it in stride - she didn't mind the countless emails, texts & phone calls. My wedding came out even better than I could have ever dreamed! She knows so many vendors (many family run or small businesses which I loved) and provided me with multiple options for most things. I hate long reviews but Hannah was just so incredibly professional, sweet, creative, and the list goes on & on. If you are looking for a wedding planner in the San Diego area you will not regret hiring Hannah and her team. No way could I have pulled off the wedding I had without her!!

Bride

Reviewed on 9/08/2013 Emily P

Hannah was great! We had a challenging reception venue and Hannah handled everything beautifully. Deciding to have her as our planner was one of the best decisions we made!

Would've been a disaster without her!

Reviewed on 6/27/2013 Bae G

We hired Hannah for month-of coordination. It was SO helpful having someone else that would contact your vendors in the weeks leading up to the wedding and she always got answers ASAP and never complained or made us feel crazy when we asked more and more questions...Our wedding... Read More day would NOT have been anything close to as wonderful as it was without Hannah!! We literally worried about NOTHING the day of. She was always one step ahead and had everything thought through before it even came to our mind. She coordinated all of our vendors not only at the sites, but also made sure everyone knew what was going on between the photographer, videographer, limo driver, AND the set up of the ceremony and reception/cocktail hour, which was even more complicated than a lot of weddings in that the ceremony and reception were in different places AND neither of them were where we stayed and got ready day of (i.e. where the photog and videog had to go). She had everything we needed, knew how to pin and fix my hair as the night went on, had an emergency kit handy for whatever we needed, and stayed all the way til the very end to make sure nothing was left and everything was cared for. I cringe at the thought of what our wedding would've been like had we not had Hannah, and I can't thank her enough. You were amazing Hannah!!! Thank you SO much!