The Most Popular Proposal Spots in the World, Revealed
Maybe you've been to some of the below landmarks, or maybe you've even proposed—or gotten proposed to—at one of them. Either way, it's no wonder that some of the most famous and recognizable locations in the world top the list of most popular proposal spots, according to Instagram data analyzed by Celebrity Cruises.
For those interested in popping the question in front of a stunning, Instagrammable backdrop, it's helpful to know that 4 of the 16 locales are located in the United States, so you don't necessarily have to travel far to propose in front of a prominent monument. (It also makes the US the most romantic country in the world for proposals, given that it has the most appearances on the list.)
The US is closely followed by Italy. Roma—aka The Eternal City—boasts three landmarks on the list, more than any other city in the world.
Find the full ranking of the 16 most popular proposal spots below—and remember to look out for lovebirds next time you're vacationing (or honeymooning) at one of them.
1. Central Park, New York, USA
2. Eiffel Tower, Paris, France
3. Brooklyn Bridge, New York, USA
4. Grand Canyon, Arizona, USA
5. Oia, Santorini, Greece
6. Colosseum, Rome, Italy
7. Tower Bridge, London, UK
8. Sydney Opera House, Sydney, Australia
9. Louvre, Paris, France
10. Lake Louise, Banff, Canada
11. The Shard, London, UK
12. Spanish Steps, Rome, Italy
13. Taj Mahal, Agra, India
14. Griffith Observatory, Los Angeles, USA
15. Trevi Fountain, Rome, Italy
16. Table Mountain, Cape Town, South Africa