We've got the scoop on where to stay, what to do, and how to party like Mrs. Bieber.Updated Nov 17, 2022
What Do Wedding Planners Do?
Not convinced a planner is for you? Here's a list of the general tasks planners can handle.
One Eleven Photography
- Setting up a realistic wedding budget
- Devising a wedding master plan that maps out all the little details, from ceremony music to favors
- Showing you the best and most original locations in the area, considering your wedding size, budget, and vision
- Finding the top florists, photographers, caterers, bands, DJs and other vendors in your price range
- Cutting you choice deals: Consultants bring volume to favored vendors, so often the vendors will reciprocate by slashing prices or throwing in extras
- Reading over all your vendor contracts to make sure everything is there, correct, and in accordance with your best interests and negotiations any amendments on your behalf
- Creating a day-of (or weekend-of) timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process -- vendors, members of the wedding party, you, and your families -- when to do what
- Handling the invitations, from the wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing, as well as tracking RSVPs
- Counseling you on proper etiquette as well as what's hot on the wedding front
- Managing the wedding day: supervising vendors, setup, and delivery; handling emergencies; and soothing nerves
- Serving as your spokesperson, conveying your every whim and desire to vendors or family members when you just can't deal with doing it yourself
- Helping to plan and book your honeymoon (yep -- most planners will handle your travel plans too!)