We scouted the Bridal Fashion Week runways to find the trends you need to know about. Here's what's going to be hot in 2022.Updated Apr 14, 2021
What Do Wedding Planners Do?
Not convinced a planner is for you? Here's a list of the general tasks planners can handle.
One Eleven Photography
- Setting up a realistic wedding budget
- Devising a wedding master plan that maps out all the little details, from ceremony music to favors
- Showing you the best and most original locations in the area, considering your wedding size, budget, and vision
- Finding the top florists, photographers, caterers, bands, DJs and other vendors in your price range
- Cutting you choice deals: Consultants bring volume to favored vendors, so often the vendors will reciprocate by slashing prices or throwing in extras
- Reading over all your vendor contracts to make sure everything is there, correct, and in accordance with your best interests and negotiations any amendments on your behalf
- Creating a day-of (or weekend-of) timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process -- vendors, members of the wedding party, you, and your families -- when to do what
- Handling the invitations, from the wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing, as well as tracking RSVPs
- Counseling you on proper etiquette as well as what's hot on the wedding front
- Managing the wedding day: supervising vendors, setup, and delivery; handling emergencies; and soothing nerves
- Serving as your spokesperson, conveying your every whim and desire to vendors or family members when you just can't deal with doing it yourself
- Helping to plan and book your honeymoon (yep -- most planners will handle your travel plans too!)