Instruments

Accordion, Bagpipes, Banjo, Bugle, Cello, Fiddle, Flute, Guitar, Harmonica, Harp, Keyboard, Mandolin, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Steel Drum, Trombone, Trumpet, Ukulele, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, World Music

Ceremony, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment

Bow2010
Bow2008 09

Malden , MA Serving New England (800) 843-2263

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Abby P

Total rockstars that kept the party going all night long. Danced in the crowd, took requests---I mean who can do the Lumineers AND TLC without a glitch?!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Cassie D

We booked Closing Time through Murray Hill for our 9/16/17 wedding and to say we were blown away is an understatement! Our guests are still raving about the band. They are so talented and can play such a wide range of music. They also provided acoustic guitar for our ceremony... Read More and a live trio for cocktail hour and were absolutely amazing. We booked these guys having only seen their promo video on the website and a few you tube videos and I can honestly say, those videos are good, but are NOTHING compared to how amazing they are live! Thank you all for making our wedding unforgettable!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Lorelei M

We selected Murray Hill Talent's band RedLine for our wedding. It was an amazing day and the band had a huge part in that. The set list was perfect and they got everyone out on the dance floor the entire night. Really easy to work with to coordinate everything ahead of time for... Read More the day. I highly recommend RedLine to anyone looking for a wedding band!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Karina G

We had Redline play at our wedding this summer and it couldn't have been better! The entire band was amazing, but working with Ken was definitely a highlight - he worked with us to put together beautiful ceremony and cocktail music, he went out of his way to help us pick songs,... Read More and gave us tons of options and modifications for slowing songs down, changing it to fit the dance - whatever! He also went out of his way to work with my sister, the Best Woman (thanks for that title, Ken!) and helped her with a song and dance that she and friends did during the speech! The entire band was really lovely, and we were recommended them by word of mouth from a friend - needless to say, we're very happy with our friends and Redline! Their set list, the tempo changes - it was all seamless and beautifully done, and the band and Ken's intuition about music and setting the tone for the evening was wonderful!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Ashley A

We booked DJ Marc Anthony (aka Marc Mendes) through Murray Hill and he was an integral part of what made our wedding so much fun. He was genuine, energetic, and kept the hits playing all night long so our guests were glued to the dance floor. He fit right in with the vibe of our... Read More guests and was one of the most complemented parts of our wedding. He was a delight to work with. From our initial Skype call, we knew he’d be awesome, and he proved us right along the way and definitely delivered the day of the wedding. He totally got a sense of our taste in music (Whitney, Britney, Michael Jackson, etc.) and kept the party going all night. Would 100% recommend him for any and every party/wedding/anytime you need an awesome DJ!

Reviewed on 7/28/2017

Some say a wedding band can make or break a wedding. For us, Flipside 100% made our wedding. They were absolutely incredible and our guests cannot stop talking about them. I would absolutely not hesitate in booking them. First, working with Corin, Cory, and the Flipside team... Read More was such a pleasure and so easy. They were extremely available to speak with us and help plan every detail of what we would want to play. Corin is a pro when it comes to the sequence of events at weddings and most importantly he worked very closely with our wedding coordinator and photographer to make sure everyone was on the same page for dances, speeches, etc. Secondly, each musician in the band is extremely talented. We chose to add a trumpet player to compliment the saxophone in the band. The horn section was incredible and added so much diversity to (and they electrified the crowd right from the start). The range of songs the band is capable of is amazing. They crushed every song they played, from Stevie Wonder to Ray Lamontagne or from Jackie Wilson to the Backstreet Boys. They come with a ton of soul which kept everyone dancing the entire time. It was actually difficult to greet guests because everyone was on the dance floor the entire wedding. All of our guests have told us that they have never been to a wedding quite like that before. Lastly, I cannot say enough how good David and Latoria are on vocals. They were absolutely amazing and sounded so great on every song. One of the things my wife and I looked for in a band when we were searching is someone who could play a lot of great soul music and someone who had great lead vocals. David and Latoria sang their hearts out and sounded so good. I know there are not a lot of videos that may be available on YouTube with these two together, but trust me, they are the real deal and I would not look any further than Flipside.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Corinne C

Scott Arrington was the DJ for our Newport wedding. He was great! We received a lot of compliments on the music. We requested a lot of songs from when we were in college since the majority of our guests were friends. He was able to meet with us before the event and go over our... Read More ideas and do not play list. He did a great job of warming up the night with oldies and working his way towards more popular stuff. He even helped edit our first dance song prior to the event. I would recommend him!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Eric L

Redline (Sean, Alvin, Brittany, Dave, Kayo, Matt) was amazing. The music was great, it added an energy to the party that is hard to put into words, and most importantly everyone was dancing. They played a wide variety of music, and it seemed to get better and better as the... Read More night went on. I had been to a previous wedding Redline had played at and knew I wanted to book them for my own. When my now wife wanted a DJ, I was adamant about getting a live band. It was worth every penny!!! It was a pleasure working with Ken throughout the planning process.

Reviewed on 3/12/2017 Kathryn A

Hands down, the best decision we made was to hire Flipside to perform at our daughter's wedding. If you and your guests love to dance, this is your band. They are top notch professionals, incredibly talented, versatile and high energy. Corin, the band leader, met with the... Read More bride and groom before the wedding to discuss their preferences in detail. He was so easy to work with and learned a new song for their first dance. Corin also played acoustic guitar during cocktail hour. These musicians are amazing! You can tell they love what they do as they put their heart and soul into the music. The reception dance floor was packed the whole night and although my feet ached from dancing, I didn't want the party to end. Two months later, we are still hearing feedback about the best wedding ever.

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Kristine R

My husband and I got married Friday November 11th, 2016 at Lakeview Pavilion in Foxboro, MA. Being a Norwich Alum, 2-tour Army Veteran and Police Officer, my husband had been suggesting we include the National Anthem somewhere in our Veteran’s Day union. “It’s only appropriate,”... Read More he would say, referring to the several Active Duty & Retired Service Members and Veterans, two of which were in our Wedding Party. I pretended to brush him off. Well, husband, I heard you loud and clear. I reached out to Murray Hill Talent February 2016 to see if, by chance, Rene Rancourt was available to surprise my Super Fan fiance. This was a long shot – obviously, Rene Rancourt is booked YEARS in advance for Veterans Day appearances, right? Well, I no sooner sent the email and I was contacted by Tom Pendergast of Murray Hill Talent – Rene was available! WHAT?!? Immediately, I signed the contract and sent in the deposit. I emailed Rene to let him know the approximate time of his performance & also provided him with contact information in the event he needed help sneaking into the venue’s Bridal Suite. Also in on the surprise were the Lakeview Pavilion Staff, Videographer, Photographer, DJ & a Groomsman with an accessible cell phone, just in case. We were ready to go! Fast forward to the week of our wedding, Rene called me personally to confirm the appearance and details. He arrived on time and in fashion with an American flag tuxedo vest and red shoes. Directly following dinner, my husband and I did our “Thank You” speech for our guests and, at the end, I introduced Rene Rancourt as my husband’s wedding gift. He was fantastic! Rene came out, greeted both my husband and myself and, after a brief introduction, sang the National Anthem as our 200 guests waved American Flags in the air. It was beautiful and the perfect tribute to our Veterans on a day that is also very much about them. Rene stayed and posed for as many pictures as it took to satisfy our guests & vendors, danced with my husband’s mother and grandmother and even sent a video tribute to my sister-in-law’s cousin currently serving overseas. Two months later, we are still hearing about how fantastic Rene was - he was clearly the highlight of the day. We both come from big hockey families and I’m so grateful this surprise worked out as well as it did! Thank you Tom for your help getting this surprise organized and booked. And a HUGE Thank You to Rene Rancourt. You are incredible.

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Megan M

We were very disappointed with Murray Hill. Our wedding was this past November and our DJ was Scott. It has taken me this long to write something, because I was still so annoyed with our music for the wedding. We spent months researching for a wedding DJ, looking for a company... Read More that was professional and not gimmicky. We thought we found that with MH, but sadly they did not deliver. It was EXTREMELY difficult to meet with Scott one on one. We requested to have a meet up 1-1 before and after we booked him. (Once he confirmed he was too busy to meet with us before we booked, should have been our first red flag). We booked him for our wedding anyways, after a phone conversation, due to the great reviews we read online. Months went by and after we attempted to meet with before the wedding, we were refused every time. The Monday before our big day we had a phone conversation to go over the music. We explained how music and a fun party atmosphere was the main priority, and to minimize the cliche wedding music. We wanted NO instrumentals, played during dinner and ALL of these requests were NOT met. He played 95% oldies music, which we also requested to not happen. He played “LOVE SHACK”, I mean really?!!!! I asked him to switch up his playlists to get more modern things played, and his response to me was, “You didn’t give me much to work with here”. (We gave him a few do not play artists) He is a DJ and his job is to KNOW and PLAY music and he just fell short. He didn’t even say he was leaving at the end of the night. I was so hurt and disappointed and my guests still talk about how the music was just “OKAY”. If you book with them, my advice is to BE AS SPECIFIC as possible with your playlist. The Good: He was dressed professional, he was on time and did minimal talking during the event.

2017-01-18T13:16:59 Response from the vendor

Hi Megan, I'm sorry you were so unhappy with the music at the event. I felt like I did the best I could. After playing the event, I don't think all the face to face meetings in the world could have made a difference. You... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Michael M

Murray Hill Talent was fantastic to work with. Our DJ, Brian Delac, played great music that kept everyone dancing the whole night. Great communication, highly recommended

2016-12-14T12:30:55 Response from the vendor

We're thrilled you had such a great night. We agree, Brian is the real deal!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 T K

We hired Murray Hill Talent as our wedding DJ after a recommendation from a friend who attended a few weddings where people "did not leave the dance floor." It was really important to us that our DJ play a variety of music genres within our preferences and sense the mood and... Read More energy of our guests. Paul was great from beginning to end; he is a consummate professional who reviewed details with us prior to the wedding and did a great job at the event. My 70 y.o. dad had a hard time leaving the dance floor! We highly recommend Murray Hill Talent to any bride and groom.

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Jamie C

We used Zeke Stern as our DJ, and we were very happy with him! He was punctual, professional, and easy to talk to. We set up a FaceTime chat with him to get to know him and didn't even feel the need to meet him in person before we booked him. He was appropriately dressed and... Read More minimally vocal at the wedding - perfect for us, since we were definitely not looking for someone loud and obnoxious! Great experience, would recommend to anyone looking for a low-key, chill DJ who knows what to play at the right moments.

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 S R

We had some fairly unusual music requests for our wedding reception. We knew that some of the music we wanted to have would not be as popular with some of our guests (i.e., extended family and older relatives), so we tried to address the issue by providing our DJ (Nate) with a... Read More large playlist, including a mix of songs we actually wanted played, and some "compromise" songs we thought would be more popular. We gave detailed written instructions on how we wanted this handled. Unfortunately, it seems that we were not all quite on the same page. The cocktail hour and dinner went well. However, after dinner the DJ largely avoided the more personal/unique songs we wanted to hear, and instead largely stuck to our "compromise" songs. I made requests in the moment to try to change the balance of the mix, which the DJ would honor only to immediately revert back to playing mostly compromise material. In the end, we had several guests independently comment to us that they were surprised by the music choices at the reception, both because they are familiar with our tastes (and, in several cases, share them) and know how important music is us. One might chalk this up to miscommunication, which may well be the case. However, when I wanted to touch base with a phone call the week of the wedding, the DJ insisted that he had enough information (and it's true, we did send him detailed notes), and that he would call me "if he had time". In retrospect, I can't help but wonder whether making time for that phone call would have helped us reach a better understanding. One other, arguably minor issue: at the end of the night, the DJ made some comment along the lines of how the whole night was one of the "more interesting" weddings he had worked. At the time it came off to me as somewhat critical/judgmental rather than complimentary, but I decided to not dwell on. However, the next day the bride independently commented to me about the same remark, and in the following week two guests (also independently of one another) commented to me that they had heard the remark and thought it was somewhat inappropriate. We can't help but feel that the DJ was somewhat unhappy with being "stuck" with his assignment, just as we were somewhat unhappy with the results. In summary, it seems that we and the DJ were just not a good fit. My impression is that if you are either not a big "music person" or are a fan or more typical wedding reception music, then this company is a fine choice, and they will probably do a good job of getting people out on the dance floor. However, if you want something more unique or personal, guiding the DJ may be difficult, and you might do better to go elsewhere. Although Murray Hill seemed largely friendly and capable, based on our experience we would not recommend this company to friends or family.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Kate M

FlipSide was INCREDIBLE. We have received so many compliments on them and several friends have asked for their contact information. The band absolutely made our wedding a party - every single person was out on the floor dancing all night long. They sounded amazing, were very... Read More easy to work with and played just the right mix of music - from more low key songs during dinner to get up and party songs after we ate. They also played during out cocktail hour. Everything about them was amazing. One thing we did notice was that some of the band members that were actually at our wedding weren't the ones in the videos on the Murray Hill/FlipSide websites. I'm not sure the background there, but we had been expecting an awesome band and we got one. If you want to dance and have fun at your wedding, BOOK THEM!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Jackie S

My husband and I got married on October 8th, 2016 at the Granite Links in Quincy and we cannot say enough about how happy we are with DJ Marc Anthony!! He is the best. We started planning many months in advance and he listened to all of my ideas while providing honest... Read More feedback. He was able to energize the crowd without being cheesy or obnoxious, he has a great personality, knows a ton about music and knows how to make it all come together! As a young girl, I was a HUGE Madonna fan in the 80's. I asked him to put together a Madonna montage with some of her best dance hits from the 80's and he put together an awesome megamix! The dance floor was packed all night and the reviews are in that it was one of the best weddings my guests have been to! Marc Anthony was truly a pleasure to work with. To me, music is the most important part of a wedding to ensure a fun time and he definitely delivered! I booked Marc through Murray Hill Talent who are local to Boston and they were great to deal with as well. They are fair, flexible and attentive. Both Murray Hill Talent and DJ Marc Anthony have my recommendation!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Elyse W

I had such a great experience working with Murray Hill. From the start, we had a great night listening to the bands at the Murray Hill band showcase. It was a fun night, snacking, drinking cocktails and listening to great music. We picked our band, Unity, that night. Working... Read More with Murray Hill was flawless. They answered emails quickly. They are very easy going. The day of my wedding went so smoothly. The band was phenomenal! Everyone said how great they were!! We danced the whole night. We had guests contact us after the wedding to find out the bands info for their upcoming wedding! They made our night memorable! Thank you Murray Hill!!!

2016-11-03T09:34:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you for such positive words and for using our company !! That was a great wedding !!!! Lets do it again for the 50th anniversary !! http://unitybandboston.com

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Renee R

After reading countless reviews and emailing/talking with a number of vendors, we decided on Cory and Tom with Murray Hill Talent for our September 2016 wedding. I could not have been happier with that decision! Tom was our acoustic guitarist and in addition to being an amazing... Read More musician, he's also a super cool guy. He was so easy to work with and learned our song to play for the recessional. Cory was our DJ and he was amazing as well. I sent him a general outline of songs/genres for my very diverse crowd and he did not disappoint. The dance floor was packed all night! Do yourself a favor and hire Murray Hill Talent!

2016-11-18T07:48:14 Response from the vendor

You guys rule ! Have a great Thanksgiving together as a married couple. Thank you for using us for everything ! www.murrayhilltalent.com

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Kristen P

Without music, what fun is a wedding? We hired Murray Hilly Talent to DJ and provide uplighting for our wedding on May 20, 2016 at the Wequassett in Harwich and they brought the dance party. We worked with one of the co-founders of the company, Paul Natale. When we talked to... Read More Paul, we knew at once he was going to be the perfect fit for us. He was energetic, professional, understood the overall mood/tone we were going for, and assured us that he was the man for the job. My husband and I didn’t want a DJ with any gimmicks, cute anecdotes, or scripted entertainment. Paul completely understood – assured us that it wasn’t his style, nor was it the style of Murray Hill Talent overall – and worked to help meet all of our requests. We had a lot of questions along the way, and Paul always responded timely with helpful solutions! When we were debating on having uplighting for our reception, Murray Hill Talent provided us with their honest opinion on what we needed for the room, based on their previous experience at our venue. We were able to add uplighting and felt confident that we were never given a “sales pitch” but rather, an honest opinion on what would work for our space. Paul was patient with us when, a few days before the wedding, I was still undecided on the song choice for my Father-Daughter dance. He worked with us to make our intro music (a very specific lineup/mashup of songs) a reality. He even was okay with us having my uncle, a local sports announcer, announce the bridal party in his place. On the day of our wedding – he played an amazing mix of appropriate cocktail hour and dinner music (incorporating all of our favorite bands). When it came down to getting the dance party started – he did not disappoint. The beats flowed endlessly all night – and the dance floor was so packed that at first I was concerned there wasn’t enough room for everyone. It went all night! Paul even stayed for our after party to play an extra hour of music. In person, he was a delight to meet, and truly made our dance party a reality. I would recommend Murray Hill Talent to anyone looking for an absolute amazing time! The uplightling was perfect and illuminated our space just the way we had hoped. It wasn’t too overdone – and the lighting tones we used complimented our décor. THANK YOU, Murray Hill, especially Paul, for everything you did to make our wedding day perfect!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Heidi B

My husband and I were thrilled with Scott Arrington, who was the DJ at our wedding reception on Cape Cod last month! My husband is African, so we wanted to incorporate music from his country into the reception. Scott was enthusiastic about our request and did a seamless job of... Read More mixing African and Caribbean music with Indian and Latin rhythms and American hip-hop. Thanks to Scott, our dance party was a true representation of the international crowd at our wedding and everyone had a blast! Murray Hill Talent is a great choice and all of their staff were professional and a pleasure to work with. We would recommend them to everyone!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Kiliegh F

We booked Flipside as our band at our wedding and it was one of the best decisions we could have made! Working with Corin leading up to the wedding was the easiest and most pleasant process. He is so knowledgeable about music and answered every question we had SO quickly! Murray... Read More Hill Talent is a very organized company. While working with Corin we were sent a packet to fill out to organize all the music we wanted played at the wedding and any music we wanted to avoid. It was so simple and stress free. I cannot say enough great things about Flipside. They were SO entertaining. Our guests were up dancing the second they finished their dinner and did not stop until the end of the night. Each member of the band is so talented and the lead vocalists have amazing voices. People are STILL asking my husband and I where we found such an unbelievable band. Flipside is worth every single penny. They absolutely made our wedding one of the best nights ever. I couldn’t imagine our wedding without them!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Shannon G

My husband and I used Scott Arrington of Murray Hill Talent for our recent wedding and he was excellent. He listened to all our requests and helped to keep everything organized without stealing the spotlight. All the guests were up dancing and said how great the music was, with... Read More very few "need to play" requests.

2016-10-05T11:18:54 Response from the vendor

Hey Shannon! Thanks so much for the great review! It was awesome being a part of the day for you and Chris! We wish you all the best in your marriage!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Kayla K

We recently had Flipside of Murray Hill Talent play at our wedding in August and they honestly made our wedding. The entire band is so talented and all of our guests came up to us after the reception raving about the band! The dance floor was so packed that people were dancing... Read More off to the side/on the deck! We dealt with Corin, the band leader, before/during/after the wedding and he made the whole process seamless - helping us choose what genres of music we liked & specific songs we want/didn't want played, etc. I would highly recommend Flipside to anyone looking for a fun, high-energy, and easy-to-work-with band, they're phenomenal!

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Lisa B

Don't look anywhere else. Murray Hill Talent is phenomenal. I've used them for corporate events for the last two years, and when we were deciding on music for our wedding, there was absolutely no question that we wanted to book them. We specifically worked with Eastern... Read More Standard. Ken is the guitarist and lead vocals. He played at our ceremony as well as throughout cocktail hour, later with the band, and then closed out the night DJing. He really loves what he does and it shows, which makes for an enjoyable experience for all. We got so many compliments on them all night and after the wedding, and the dance floor was packed until the last bus picked up. Leading up to the wedding, they were one of the easiest vendors to work with. Super laid back, and totally organized and professional. They've done this a million times and they've got it down pat. 1000000000% recommend them over and over again.

2016-10-05T14:43:15 Response from the vendor

Hey Folks! Thanks so much for the AMAZING review. This kind of stuff goes such a long way for us and we really appreciate you giving us a shot to make your event such a success. Best of luck to you guys going forward! Scott... Read Less Read More