Instruments

Accordion, Bagpipes, Banjo, Bugle, Cello, Fiddle, Flute, Guitar, Harmonica, Harp, Keyboard, Mandolin, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Steel Drum, Trombone, Trumpet, Ukulele, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, World Music

Ceremony, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment

Bow2010
Bow2008 09

Malden , MA Serving New England (800) 843-2263

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Kristine R

My husband and I got married Friday November 11th, 2016 at Lakeview Pavilion in Foxboro, MA. Being a Norwich Alum, 2-tour Army Veteran and Police Officer, my husband had been suggesting we include the National Anthem somewhere in our Veteran’s Day union. “It’s only appropriate,”... Read More he would say, referring to the several Active Duty & Retired Service Members and Veterans, two of which were in our Wedding Party. I pretended to brush him off. Well, husband, I heard you loud and clear. I reached out to Murray Hill Talent February 2016 to see if, by chance, Rene Rancourt was available to surprise my Super Fan fiance. This was a long shot – obviously, Rene Rancourt is booked YEARS in advance for Veterans Day appearances, right? Well, I no sooner sent the email and I was contacted by Tom Pendergast of Murray Hill Talent – Rene was available! WHAT?!? Immediately, I signed the contract and sent in the deposit. I emailed Rene to let him know the approximate time of his performance & also provided him with contact information in the event he needed help sneaking into the venue’s Bridal Suite. Also in on the surprise were the Lakeview Pavilion Staff, Videographer, Photographer, DJ & a Groomsman with an accessible cell phone, just in case. We were ready to go! Fast forward to the week of our wedding, Rene called me personally to confirm the appearance and details. He arrived on time and in fashion with an American flag tuxedo vest and red shoes. Directly following dinner, my husband and I did our “Thank You” speech for our guests and, at the end, I introduced Rene Rancourt as my husband’s wedding gift. He was fantastic! Rene came out, greeted both my husband and myself and, after a brief introduction, sang the National Anthem as our 200 guests waved American Flags in the air. It was beautiful and the perfect tribute to our Veterans on a day that is also very much about them. Rene stayed and posed for as many pictures as it took to satisfy our guests & vendors, danced with my husband’s mother and grandmother and even sent a video tribute to my sister-in-law’s cousin currently serving overseas. Two months later, we are still hearing about how fantastic Rene was - he was clearly the highlight of the day. We both come from big hockey families and I’m so grateful this surprise worked out as well as it did! Thank you Tom for your help getting this surprise organized and booked. And a HUGE Thank You to Rene Rancourt. You are incredible.

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Erica A

Flipside played at our July wedding in Connecticut and they were AMAZING. Corin played acoustic guitar during our cocktail reception and then joined the rest of the band for an epic dance party. I don't think our guests ever sat down- everyone was on the dance floor! Corin and... Read More Flipside were incredibly easy to work with and went above and beyond our expectations. They played a perfect mix of current hits with the classics. Our friends are still raving about the party - we would highly recommend them. I had also attended another wedding where Redline performed and they were also extremely high-energy, so you really can't go wrong with Murray Hill Talent Group. Thank you Corin & Flipside for an INCREDIBLE night!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Kayla A

The entire team from Murray Hill was fantastic and were true professionals. We were thrilled with how the entire night turned out. We had Tom Pendergast play classical guitar for our ceremony music, a jazz quartet for the cocktail hour (which everyone loved), and Nate Goldstein... Read More as our DJ for the reception. It was the perfect night thanks to these guys. I can't say enough about Nate. We filled out the reception planner and he carefully reviewed with us all of our requests for songs. He also took the time to get to know our style and understand what we were looking for. The way that he orchestrated the night with the ebb and flow between a handful of slow songs and dance songs was flawless. The dance floor was packed the entire night and everyone had nothing but great things to say about the memories we made that night! Thank you all for making our wedding day so special!

Reviewed on 6/05/2016 Elizabeth C

We used DJ Paul Natale at our wedding and he was fantastic! Paul was very professional and played great music. Our guests had a blast and we got a number of compliments on the music that was played. The price was very reasonable as well based on a few other DJs we looked... Read More into. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 6/04/2016

We went with Tom Pendergast's jazz group as our family was a bit older and didn't expect a ton of dancing. Tom was a pleasure to work with, genuine guy, great guitarist, easy to communicate with, and brought a great group. We sent him a list of our favorite bands and a couple... Read More specific songs we'd like for the egress and regression. He did a beautiful solo acoustic rendition of 'Death of a Batchelor' for the bride's entrance, some great covers of Medeski Martin and Wood, the Grateful Dead, and even a jazz version of the Backstreet Boys. Live music is more pricy, but only about 30% more than the quotes we were getting from DJs. We would definitely recommend if you are into Jazz/fusion style.

Reviewed on 5/28/2016

We booked Corin for cocktail hour and Flipside for the dancing portion of our wedding the past weekend and had an incredible time. Corin was great on the acoustic guitar during cocktail hour. The band was amazing at reading and interacting with the crowd (even grabbing one of... Read More our guests--a professional singer--for a duet). They really kept the party going. Though we were exhausted from the long day, we basically danced for every single song! Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 5/07/2016 Claire J

We booked DJ Cory Harding for our April 2016 wedding and couldn't have been happier! He listened to the kind of music we wanted, got people dancing, and didn't play any games/ spend a long time on the mic (at our request). Cory was easy to work with, professional, thoughtful,... Read More and has a great voice! We would highly recommend Cory Harding!

2016-06-01T09:23:46 Response from the vendor

That night was really fun! Thank you guys for all the kind words and for using our company too!

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 Stephanie O

We hired Scott Arrington to DJ our wedding, and we couldn't be happier with our decision! An [irrational] worry of mine was that no one would dance at our wedding. Scott managed to keep the entire room of our friends and family dancing the entire night - and with the music that... Read More we wanted to be played. We also wanted to be sure our DJ wasn't cheesy or jumping on the mic between songs, and Scott definitely didn't do that :) We had so much fun and a lot of that is because all of our friends and family were up and dancing with us all night.

Reviewed on 3/12/2016 Lauren R

We booked Tom Pendergast to play guitar for our ceremony and cocktail hour. I am so happy we found him! Tom is a great guy and an amazingly talented musician. The songs we picked for the ceremony were contemporary songs that had meaning to us, which gave our ceremony the... Read More personal feel we wanted. At cocktail hour, he played a bit of everything and it was all so good. If you are looking for a way to make your ceremony or cocktail hour special book Tom Pendergast!

Reviewed on 2/24/2016 Becky C

We chose Murray Hill after pretty extensive searching. My husband was insistent on having a good, quality DJ. We had been to weddings recently with awful DJs who played cheesy music and tried to lead the guests in awful games. So embarrassing. We met with our DJ, Brian... Read More Deluc, before hiring Murray Hill and we had about fifty questions for him. He was awesome and we could tell he really understood what we wanted. We had a pretty long "do not play" list and Brian totally respected it. The music during our cocktail hour and reception was great. People commented on how great our playlist was. Some people have mentioned that Murray Hill is more expensive than other companies but I think that you get what you pay for. If you really care about the quality of your DJ and the music, you should go with Murray Hill.

Reviewed on 2/06/2016 Kaela C

HIGHLY RECOMMEND. If you want people dancing and having fun at your wedding - this is the band for you. Having people dancing was a priority for us, and Flipside was phenomenal. They were very helpful and responsive leading up to the wedding, and worked seamlessly with the venue... Read More on the day. Incorporating our preferences for songs (you fill out a worksheet of likes and dislikes), they came up with a great playlist that had everyone dancing all night. Even during the breaks when they were playing an iPod, I saw people turn to go back and dance some more! And they even accommodated a friend who surprised us by singing a song as well - very cool! Months later, we are still getting comments about how great the band was - which is exactly what we were after. So, so happy we used Flipside - Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Carey D

We had a great experience with Murray Hill and the band Redline. They were really easy to work with and very responsive. Redline was phenomenal and had everyone dancing the entire night! Every guest we have spoken to since the wedding has mentioned how great the band was.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Ashley W

We had the Murray Hill band Flipside perform at our February wedding, and they were simply fantastic! We dealt with Corin, the bandleader, leading up to the wedding to figure out songs that we liked, the genres we wanted to hear (and ones we wanted to avoid!), and what kind of... Read More vibe we wanted our evening to have. Corin is so responsive and helpful and knows so much about music (and wedding music in particular, where there are sometimes different things to consider), and he made the process so easy. He's also a pretty darn good singer, and the rest of the band is also fantastic. Our guests mobbed the dance floor from the first song until the last one, and we received so much wonderful feedback about Flipside and how talented and fun they are. Couldn't have made a better choice for our reception! Corin and Murray Hill also provided us with PA equipment for our ceremony (mics, speakers, pre-recorded classical music selections, etc.), and it was flawless and so easy to work with him on that as well.

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Caroline C

I cannot say enough great things about Flipside!!! Our party was beyond amazing, and a large part of the credit is due to them. Every single person in the band was so incredibly talented. My husband and I danced the entire night, as did most of our guests. Towards the end of... Read More the night, the band leader commented that only two people were sitting down, everyone else was on the dance floor!!! We couldn't have asked for a better wedding band. We would use them again for any parties in the future. We highly recommend Flipside!!!!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Connie T

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! Murray Hill Talents was recommended to us by our florist. Cory our coordinator was quick to respond and worked with us closely throughout the whole planning process. We picked Marc as our DJ based on the video they provided on their website - he seemed... Read More very charismatic and fun. We spoke over the phone with Marc a few times during the planning and we loved how enthusiastic he was all the time and seemed so excited to come up with the music list based on our song choices and helping us come up with games to play at the wedding. He really made us feel like we were in great hands. Day of wedding, he was there early setting up. He played music for us during the ceremony and set up mics for our officiant. He did all the announcements for our family introductions and toasts. The best part was his music selection and his incrediable ability to read the crowd!! Everyone was on the dance floor all night because of Marc! I had guest telling me that our DJ absolutely killed it! My friend who was getting married 2 weeks later said if she didn't already have a DJ she would book him immediately. Even our wedding venue coordinator said she's never seen so many people on their dance floor at once. Marc also looked like he was having so much fun, dancing as he was DJing the whole time. He was also so flexible - I would ask him if we could do the bouquet toss and he would rally everyone up right away or if I wanted to start the games that we were playing, he would set up everything up for us and start the announcements. I cannot tell you how much we LOVED working with Marc. We can say for sure that he was the reason the wedding was so perfect and everyone had so much fun! Would not have gone with any other DJ! THANK YOU MARC!!!!!

2016-06-01T09:25:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you for this review and for using Murray Hill. Such a good feeling knowing we helped make this an awesome wedding !

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Laura R

We had the band Flipside at our August wedding in CT. I couldn't of asked for a better band! They played tunes that made the dance floor never die down. All my guests raved about Flipside! They were very interactive and energetic. I would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Katherine C

We chose Murray Hill Talent because they had done a friends wedding in the past and did a great job. When inquiring, we were given a few choices ranging in price for different DJ's and we chose to go with DJ Marc Anthony. As a result - HES WAS AMAZING!!!! We never pictured our... Read More wedding day to be so fun and it was the most fun we have ever had. He played the most amazing songs and our guests didn't even want to stop dancing to eat! He did such an unbelievable job and I hope that all my friends use him down the road for all of their weddings just to have another opportunity to party with him! We give him a 10 out of 10 - Highly recommend Marc!!! Thanks Murray Hill Talent!

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Ella B

Scott was my DJ from Murray Hill and he was amazing! The dance floor was packed all night long! I didn't give him a lot of direction in terms of what songs I wanted, all I said was make it a party and keep that dance floor going and he delivered! My family and so many guests... Read More came up to me during and after the wedding commenting how much fun it was and requesting his playlist! Additionally, my family is Armenian and I requested that he integrate a few traditional Armenian songs into the mix. He did this flawlessly without interrupting the flow of the reception at all and kept the dance party going! I would highly recommend Scott to anyone. We didn't want the night to end!

Reviewed on 8/24/2015

We had Murray Hill Talent's band Unity perform at our wedding and they were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Everyone (parents, older family members, younger family members, friends...) had an unbelievable time. You definitely can't go wrong with this band. In addition to the wedding... Read More itself, they were also terrific to work with leading up to the wedding. Cory and Ryan were very organized and gave us full confidence that the wedding would go off without a hitch. Ryan also played acoustic guitar for us during the ceremony itself and during the cocktail hour. Not surprisingly, he did an amazing job during these two components as well. Trust me, you won't be disappointed with going with Unity!!!

Reviewed on 8/21/2015 Jill P

I wish I could give 3.5 stars. The sales rep and DJ were great at communicating, they were both quick to respond to any emails/questions that came up prior to our wedding. We had the DJ for our ceremony and reception. Our DJ messed up our first dance song, he started... Read More playing the wrong song--he was quick to catch his error and recovered. Then we asked him to play an anniversary dance song, where you invite all the couples who are married onto the floor, then slowly ask them to sit down. Clearly the DJ hadn't done this before, and he didn't ask for any clarification prior to, and it was a mess. He got everybody on the floor without any music playing, you couldn't hear him on the mic, then he asked couples to sit down (starting at 5 years, then 10) still without any music. I wish he had just asked us to explain it. Other than those two issues, the music was great the rest of the night--and in hindsight, they were small momentary issues, he recovered. Murray Hill Talent was very affordable compared to others in the area, so it was a great option for us.

2015-08-21T11:43:47 Response from the vendor

Jill, Thank you for taking the time to review our services. We appreciate your thoughtful remarks, as they assist us in improving what we do. We sincerely apologize that things were any less than perfect. The first dance flub was unacceptable but I’m glad Vincent... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/14/2015

Murray Hill Talent was exceptional from the start. When you deal with them it's very easy going, you don't feel pressured and they get you have a lot of things going on. From the beginning it was an easy and pleasant process. What really drove it home was their DJ on our wedding... Read More day. Marc Anthony has got to be the best DJ I have ever had the pleasure of dancing to. He just get's it and he knows how to read the room. You can tell he is extremely passionate about what he does and making sure everyone is having a good time. He is a Berklee grad, is a drummer and works in a music shop....you can't get any more musically inclined than that. I highly recommend Murray Hill Talent and I very strongly recommend you request Marc Anthony as your DJ.

Reviewed on 8/12/2015

I can not find the words to express how AMAZING the band was at our wedding. I was the type of bride that was not all that concerned about the flowers, the desert choice, or the favors. For me, it was all about the music. Needless to say, the band was my biggest priority when... Read More planning my wedding. When trying to decide on a band, I dragged my family to countless shows, and listened to youtube clips for hours. I am thrilled that I chose Flip Side! Guests of all ages were on the dance floor all night, and many told us it was the best band they had ever heard at a wedding. I could not agree more. The quality of this band goes well beyond the dance floor. Management was exceptional at responding to any questions, and creating an experience for the bride/groom where you feel like you are the only wedding they are planning. Book Flip Side!!!!!!

2015-08-13T09:08:34 Response from the vendor

AWESOME TO HEAR !!! Thank you guys for letting us be a part of your day. Congratulations to you both !!! Cory Harding | Murray Hill Talent | 800-843-2263 office | 617-448-4396 cell | www.murrayhilltalent.com

Reviewed on 7/12/2015 Molly L

We hired Eastern Standard through Murray Hill Talent for our June wedding this year. They were extremely responsive as we inquired about services, potential dates, etc., and once we landed on a date and hired Eastern Standard, the band leader, Ken, was wonderful to work with -... Read More patient, understanding, even taking the time to share some personal thoughts and suggestions, which were very helpful. All in all, they were great to work, wonderful musicians and a great DJ, and I'd hire them again and recommend them to friends and family.

Reviewed on 6/27/2015 Za T

We hired Scott Arrington for my wedding on the Cape. I am a lover of the dance party and quite picky about music, so Scott agreed to meet with me a month before the wedding and graciously accepted my multipage list of songs. On the night of the wedding, Scott didn't simply play... Read More the songs I'd requested. He mixed them into the most epic dance party of my life. My husband and I did not leave the dance floor the entire night, and neither did any of our friends. Even our parents' generation was out there getting crazy! Scott had an amazing sense of which song to play at that moment, when to cut a song shorter to blend into the next one, and how to keep the energy flowing nonstop. I will forever remember my wedding as the best night of my life. I highly recommend Scott Arrington to anyone who loves a great dance party!

Professional, unobtrusive, perfect for a wedding

Reviewed on 4/14/2015

We used Murray Hill Talent for our wedding, which was in March 2015, and we loved them. We had Tom play the guitar for our ceremony and cocktail hour and Scott DJ the reception. They were absolutely perfect. Tom, who seemed to really love what he does, was always available... Read More by phone or email to answer my questions beforehand. I adopted all of his suggestions and everything went absolutely perfectly. Guests were impressed with both musicians, and kept asking if we had chosen the songs for Scott to play beforehand (because they were so great!) We had not. He had chosen them all! We were also impressed with how professional and unobtrusive they were in getting set up at the beginning of the event, and in packing everything up at the end of the night. This duo is amazing, and we highly recommend them both for couples who want to coordinate everything themselves and also couples who don't have a lot of time to spend on music but want great music on the day.

Start a Conversation!